PDA

View Full Version : SONGS OF THE DELUGE

padmanabha
24th December 2006, 09:39 PM
[tscii:698e318a87]SONGS OF THE DELUGE: :cry:

SUN kissed beaches, golden sands, swaying palms, heavenly cuisine thus went the description of Colachel and Muttam two years ago.
Now after Tsunami, the beaches appear haunted. A final summons in the form of tsunami, engulfed many dreams.
Like everybody else, Rajesh Shanmugham an upcoming musician, residing near Killipalam in Thiruvananthapuram was alos deply moved by the after effects of Tsunami. HE JOTTED HIS THOUGHTS, in the form of verses strung together like unending waves.

The tide like flux of verses poured out in the form of music. “MY IDEA WAS TO MAKE A MUSIC ALBUM. I do not represent a wealthy family. Krishnamurthi, a friend who runs an eatery had faith in me and provided the financial help. He heard the audio cassette in which I have recorded the song “kopa kadal iLaki…” casually. He was touched by the melancholic notes and decided to invest.” He said.

“Initially I was skeptical. There is no assured return from this kind of ventures” he reasoned. Now T V Cahnnels are using this as filler. It is of 4 mits and six seconds duration. Rajesh has penned the lyrics and composed the tunes.

The film is shot at tsunami hit regions like colachel and muttam. Jisan, on one year old child who lost his mother in the tsunami, has acted in this film. Visuals of wailing victims are incorporated in this album. The film imbues the grief of the mourners. This aspiring musician has just finished another album in which Sreenivasan HARINI, Unnikrishnan, Jassigift, and others have rendered the songs. “I wish if some body comes forward and help me” he pleads.

[/tscii:698e318a87]