PDA

View Full Version : IR & Mani joining back again

sehnthan
25th December 2006, 03:32 PM
hei, i saw an interview in ASTRO Vanavil just now. Suhashini Maniratnam talked abt IR and she said soon IR and Maniratnam combo will be back again.....

any comments ???? or news ??

kameshratnam
25th December 2006, 03:51 PM
oh!! This matter...she has been saying this and i dont know why for a very long time

A.ANAND
25th December 2006, 04:16 PM
unarchi vasapattu sollithangga pola..mannichi vithudungga.

Hulkster
25th December 2006, 04:28 PM
Sehnthan thats old news.....anyway Anand..whats wrong with mani joining back with IR?...why cant it be a IR-ARR combo :P

dinesh2002
25th December 2006, 05:35 PM
yea.... she has been telling this every since the Iruvar days.... its been 10 years now :P ... but yea.... if its Mani - IR - ARR - VM .... do i need to speak more ?!! the whole TN will be eying on that album !! ;)

MADDY
25th December 2006, 10:26 PM
Maniratnam is very professional, he wont take advice from a amateur one time director....

also, mani after working with ARR for 14 years, will find it very hard to work with IR again........ :D

MrJudge
25th December 2006, 10:33 PM
Even if MR approaches, I don't think IR will work with him. Karthik Raja once said that MR wanted IR for his Iruvar, but IR refused to do it. Suhasini is a big fan of IR, in one of her earlier interviews she declared that IR is the only one who can do both quality music as well as quantity. I think she lives on with one of her favorite dreams. :)

I seriously doubt IR joining BR, MR and Rajini in the near future.

A.ANAND
26th December 2006, 12:30 PM
konjam karpanai panni parungga,ir and arr combo mr directionla compose panna eppadi irukkum!!!hhahah...kekkave evalo inimaiya irukku :bluejump: :redjump: antha naala romba avala ethir parkiren...because i'm ir 's loyal fan.[arr patti solla thevai illa] bakthan :)

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 12:58 PM
Even if MR approaches, I don't think IR will work with him. Karthik Raja once said that MR wanted IR for his Iruvar, but IR refused to do it. Suhasini is a big fan of IR, in one of her earlier interviews she declared that IR is the only one who can do both quality music as well as quantity. I think she lives on with one of her favorite dreams. :)

I seriously doubt IR joining BR, MR and Rajini in the near future.

yappa..neenge enna IR's personal manager'ra illai avar pakathu veetule irukingala?? ivalava uruthiya solluringe ?! :lol: i have a feeling that day is not far....

Nakeeran
26th December 2006, 01:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how IR performs. After all, IR also needs some good director to come out with interesting situations.
Definitely MR is capable of getting the best out of Isainyani even today.
Can we expect a repeat of Pagal nilavu / Mouna ragam ?

kameshratnam
26th December 2006, 01:52 PM
IR was asked to do Kalki which he readily refused and IR does nt need MR to prove...but MR cannot do a thing without IR or ARR.

selvakumar
26th December 2006, 02:14 PM
IR was asked to do Kalki which he readily refused and IR does nt need MR to prove...but MR cannot do a thing without IR or ARR.

:o :oops: :shock: :roll:
Beg to differ. Had he thought in the same way while introducing Rahman in Roja, we would not have got ARR and MR would have happily stayed with IR :P :) :lol:

Nakeeran
26th December 2006, 02:34 PM

:o :oops: :shock: :roll:
Beg to differ. Had he thought in the same way while introducing Rahman in Roja, we would not have got ARR and MR would have happily stayed with IR :P :) :lol:

Selva Sir , Well said :D

If we need some good music from Isainyani today, we need guys like Mani who can give some interesting situations for him to think new. Else, we will be hearing re-mix stuff like what we had in Shiva

MADDY
26th December 2006, 08:42 PM

good point selva......u like it or not, Mani has the capabilty/music sense to bring a ARR, so he neednt depend on anybody......

MrJudge
27th December 2006, 02:42 PM
yappa..neenge enna IR's personal manager'ra illai avar pakathu veetule irukingala?? ivalava uruthiya solluringe ?! :lol: i have a feeling that day is not far....

The past events tell us this story very clearly dude. I don't think he changes his mind frequently, he takes decisions, good or bad, stuck with them so far. Only for BR he changed his mind and he won't change his decisions for others.

ajaybaskar
1st January 2007, 01:06 PM
MR will stick on to ARR forever if both sustain any ego clashes. I like IR-MR combo too but the former pair is ahead by miles..

thimuru
1st January 2007, 01:40 PM
MR will stick on to ARR forever if both sustain any ego clashes. I like IR-MR combo too but the former pair is ahead by miles..

mouna ragam
nayagan
thalapathy
anjali
agni natchathiram
gitanjali

i dont think arr albums are miles ahead... first of al they are not ahead.

Hulkster
1st January 2007, 02:52 PM
Oh no..before another fights begins...let us remember that the albums that MR did with ARR were of a different style..and the albums that MR did with IR were also of a different style...hard to compare the albums IR did with MR with the albums ARR did with MR...For a Rakkama Kaiyai thatthu there is a chaiyya chaiyya...spanish tango music vs indian rock music :D..i think all of us IR and ARR fans should agree that both are different and cannot be compared...instead of ARR if VS was the one leading than we can compare since both are WCM..but this is different case.

NormalMan
1st January 2007, 09:02 PM
For a Rakkama Kaiyai thatthu there is a chaiyya chaiyya...spanish tango music vs indian rock music :D..i think all of us IR and ARR fans should agree that both are different and cannot be compared...instead of ARR if VS was the one leading than we can compare since both are WCM..but this is different case.

What do we have for a "Sundari" or "Mandram Vandha" ?? :twisted:

kingvj
1st January 2007, 10:58 PM

I guess Kalki is by KB... but point is taken anyway and is true for KB as well.

kingvj
1st January 2007, 11:02 PM
IMO, any director or MD needs a popular MD or director to first become famous. Later on, they can move away to forge different partnerships or teams... like what MR did initially with IR and then moved on with ARR. There's nothing wrong in it. It becomes a topic of subjectiveness when one starts claiming that partnership1 was the best than partnership2 and vice versa.

If a director is able to extract the best out of an MD, and if an MD is able to give the best to a director, aint it good for the industry all together, and a treat for audience like us?!!!

kingvj
1st January 2007, 11:03 PM
..and yes, there will be exceptions to the famous MD/director requirement.

Hulkster
2nd January 2007, 08:39 AM
For a Rakkama Kaiyai thatthu there is a chaiyya chaiyya...spanish tango music vs indian rock music :D..i think all of us IR and ARR fans should agree that both are different and cannot be compared...instead of ARR if VS was the one leading than we can compare since both are WCM..but this is different case.

What do we have for a "Sundari" or "Mandram Vandha" ?? :twisted:

Sundari...Snehithaney and Mandram vandha wunt have such a song since for that situation only IR has got it..ARR is yet to get such a situation.