PDA

View Full Version : Thoovanam By Isaac Thomas

Hulkster
25th December 2006, 05:14 PM
http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2006/12/thoovanam-audio-review.html

You guys got to listen to the first four songs....there is something unique about this guy in the way he tunes his songs...:D

dinesh2002
25th December 2006, 05:32 PM
the song by Naresh Iyer is not so good :(....

Hulkster
25th December 2006, 05:40 PM
You mean the SMS illae song?...yeah..the song is very typical of current crop now....just listen to the first four songs...:P

Shankar
26th December 2006, 09:16 AM
Hulkster,
Issac thomas kodukkapali (hope i got the spelling right), is a very gifted composer. His BG Score for Dweepa (which won soundarya the national award) was fantastic.

IMO, He's the only one that can be compared to Raja in the BG Score dept. His knowledge of WC is quite good as well.

Let me listen to the numbers.

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 09:34 AM
Hulkster,
Issac thomas kodukkapali (hope i got the spelling right), is a very gifted composer. His BG Score for Dweepa (which won soundarya the national award) was fantastic.

IMO, He's the only one that can be compared to Raja in the BG Score dept. His knowledge of WC is quite good as well.

its cool u put IMO.... coz the fact.... ARR is another great man in BGM department, won various awards for this section in Hindi [ Best Background Music Score ].... even the latest RDB got 1.... :thumbsup: not sure y few IR fans never ever agrees that ARR is another great person in BGM dept... ever since Roja :roll:

kamalsurya
26th December 2006, 09:43 AM
Hulkster,

its cool u put IMO.... coz the fact.... ARR is another great man in BGM department, won various awards for this section in Hindi [ Best Background Music Score ].... even the latest RDB got 1.... :thumbsup: not sure y few IR fans never ever agrees that ARR is another great person in BGM dept... ever since Roja :roll:

:lol: That was a good one.Enna timing pa dinesh unakku :lol:

Shankar
26th December 2006, 10:32 AM
>>>>
ARR is another great man in BGM department, won various awards for this section in Hindi [ Best Background Music Score ].... even the latest RDB got 1.... Thumbs Up!
<<<<

Would appreciate, if you put that 'IMO' claim as well. For all his composing abilities, ARR hasn't shown his class in BGM except in movies like 1947 earth & Bose - the forgotten Hero & WOHE (which had some very interesting themes). Again, this is MO.

I won't even talk about RDB's BG Score.

Scale
26th December 2006, 11:21 AM
Why do you have to quote "IMO" always to express your opinions.

Are you guys into someone's id and posting these comments? :roll:

End Dign

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 11:59 AM
>>>>
ARR is another great man in BGM department, won various awards for this section in Hindi [ Best Background Music Score ].... even the latest RDB got 1.... Thumbs Up!
<<<<

Would appreciate, if you put that 'IMO' claim as well. For all his composing abilities, ARR hasn't shown his class in BGM except in movies like 1947 earth & Bose - the forgotten Hero & WOHE (which had some very interesting themes). Again, this is MO.

I won't even talk about RDB's BG Score.

nope...ive already wrote there its A FACT :wink: ...it wont be IMO ... :P .... its funny ur alwiz hitting on ARR.... do u still have this veri on ARR coz he made it big??? :roll:

Kisna had great BGms too... esp the Flute & Piano....wow...mind blowing... not only the tune was excellent...the way the flute & piano 'responded' to each other''s note was as if 'they' r talking & expressing thier love.... :thumbsup:

- back to the topic ... END -

Shankar
26th December 2006, 02:52 PM
>>>>
nope...ive already wrote there its A FACT Wink
<<<<

Your writing it in caps doesn't make it a fact. You can go ga ga over whatever he gives you, that doesn't make it a fact.

I have nothing against arr... I wudn't've said "for all his composing abilities" had i got something against him, and I am not here to prove I'm a neutral hubber.

I reiterate that I like arr's composing abilities, but he has a long, long way to go in BGM.

Hulkster
26th December 2006, 03:25 PM
Shankar thanks for the info..i thought he was a debutant or something...Dinesh,Shankar and Scale..let us not make it a big matter...for IR fans..appreciating BGMs done by ARR is abit hard not because they are bad but because of the totally different style of implementation...let us agree to disagree and not wander off the topic people..please :P

kamarajc
26th December 2006, 08:05 PM
Poor Guy Issac Thomas.. spare this thread for him rather than using this thread to praise and glorify ARR.

Can someone post review on the album?

Hulkster
27th December 2006, 08:14 AM
kamarajc i already have posted..first postai paarungo :D

rekhs_h
11th January 2007, 11:26 AM
Poor Guy Issac Thomas.. spare this thread for him rather than using this thread to praise and glorify ARR.

Can someone post review on the album?

hi,how abt posting ur review on the songs?shankar did u listen?whats yr opinion?

NOV
17th January 2007, 11:38 AM
incidentally my husband is directing along with newton a lyricist the movie thoovaanam,surya launched our audio,and md is isaac thomas,we r shooting the songs now,wld appreciate if u guys sent in ur prayers too as we fm the thoovaanam team suffer fm acute butterfiles in our tummies:)) sorry if this thread is not abt this,just wanted u guys to know.anyone interested for more news cn mail me at rekhs_h@yahoo.com.one small request cn i pls b called simply as rekhs!
and thanks a gallon for the welcome :)Welcome once again rekhs

Wishing you and your entire team best of luck. I am sure you will do an excellent job. We will await with abated breath to witness the birth of a new star. :D

:victory:

rekhs_h
22nd January 2007, 10:49 AM
Wishing you and your entire team best of luck. I am sure you will do an excellent job. We will await with abated breath to witness the birth of a new star. :D

:victory:[/quote]

hey guys
just 1dered if any of u wld like to come for our shoot of sms-ilae song
if so pls mail me
thanks and looking fwd to u as passers-by in our song :0

Shankar
22nd January 2007, 11:13 AM
rekhs,
Wishing your team all the very best.

Dig:
Saw this movie called nayi neralu (based on a brilliant movel by Dr. S L Bhyrappa) by Girish Kasaravalli. Issac thomas Kottukapally has scored the music. A brilliant score. I just hope he's done a good job in thoovanam too.

He seems to be a trained WC person. His modern songs lack the punch, but the violin theme in the album is quite good.

rekhs_h
23rd January 2007, 08:11 AM
rekhs,
Wishing your team all the very best.

Dig:
Saw this movie called nayi neralu (based on a brilliant movel by Dr. S L Bhyrappa) by Girish Kasaravalli. Issac thomas Kottukapally has scored the music. A brilliant score. I just hope he's done a good job in thoovanam too.

He seems to be a trained WC person. His modern songs lack the punch, but the violin theme in the album is quite good.

thanks shankar
keeping our toes crossed :)

kingvj
28th January 2007, 04:53 PM
ITK was already known to Balumahendra, as he did the background score BGM for his Kadhai Neram in SunTv. I remember this distinctly 'coz i was expecting IR to be in the credits.. :D and this name came up. For sure, he didnt spoil the BM-way of story telling, rather elevating the mood by silence. The serial had a haunting male solo humming as the title score.

sureshmehcnit
2nd February 2007, 10:18 PM
My thoughts

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2007/02/thoovanam-soundtrack.html