Jagannaathan
etc

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 01:08 PM
1.Gautham
2.Selvaragavan
3.Bala
5.Vishnu

Krishna too is promising... did a love subject pretty well.... a good replacement for Kathir?! :?

TamilMoon
26th December 2006, 01:09 PM
Selvaraghavan & Gautham

kamalsurya
26th December 2006, 02:21 PM
1.Gautham
2.Selvaragavan
3.Bala
5.Vishnu

Krishna too is promising... did a love subject pretty well.... a good replacement for Kathir?! :?

I second that but I would add murgadoss to the list too!

smith
26th December 2006, 02:34 PM
undoubtedly - rama narayanan.

girishk14
26th December 2006, 02:35 PM

whoz tat? :lol:

bulb_mani
26th December 2006, 02:40 PM

:rotfl:

smith
26th December 2006, 02:40 PM
U don't know rama narayanan? U should be banished from this thread. :-)

girishk14
26th December 2006, 02:42 PM
U don't know rama narayanan? U should be banished from this thread. :-)

tell me which movie he directed :boo:

smith
26th December 2006, 02:43 PM
he has directed over a 100 films.

The last film he directed was mannin mainthan.

bulb_mani
26th December 2006, 02:43 PM
girish he directs movies where. he brings in elephants n monkey n snake :P

bulb_mani
26th December 2006, 02:50 PM
girish i guess u liked pattiyal very much :P

Me too liked that film.. infact i was the only one to have nominated it for best film in hub :)

girishk14
26th December 2006, 02:51 PM

Me too liked that film.. infact i was the only one to have nominated it for best film in hub :)

:D it is a very good movie. Vishnu is really good in this...

bulb_mani
26th December 2006, 02:53 PM

yes i have all the BGM musical from that movie in a seperate folder :)

The climax was looted from Thalapathy :P but nevertheless the movie :thumbsup:

Raikkonen
26th December 2006, 02:58 PM
PERARASUUUU

bulb_mani
26th December 2006, 02:59 PM
PERARASUUUU

:rotfl2: :thumbsup:

girishk14
26th December 2006, 03:02 PM
PERARASUUUU:rotfl: he rox!!!!!! (heard of sarcasm)

Hulkster
26th December 2006, 03:15 PM
When you talk about direction..i can mention many plusses i found in directors.

When it comes to movies with a different fare..and dealing with human emotions...saravanna subbiah is not very far off...his ABCD going around the turmoil of three women failed to have the box office response...but was wonderfully scripted.

Karu palaniappan is also proving a man of neat entertainers with good screenplay...if it was husband-wife relationship in parthibanin kanavu..it was social reformation in sivappathigaram.

Selvaraghavan is my favourite...he loves to do what mani loved to do in those days...focus on the emotions that human face in different life situations...his 7G rainbow colony and kadhal kondein showed glimpses with colony more polished..but it was pudhupettai that gave us his real side...hope his future movies also deal with the same.

Vishnuvardan loves raciness in his script and his movies have abit of inspiration but he does what he does best. Give the crowd a gung-ho ride through the screenplay and not illogical at the same time. His arindhum ariyaamalum and pattiyal bear testimonial to that.

Theres A.R Murugadoss who has a eye for commercial but well scripted entertainers...cheran
for family realism and bala for daily life realism...quite alot of directors in the crop now :P

bulb_mani
26th December 2006, 03:19 PM
Gautham
Bala
Vishnuvardan
Selvaraghavan
AR Murugadoss
Susi Ganesan
Karu Palaniappan
Perarasu
Jeeva
Remake Raja [ Jeyam Ravi's Brother ]

Any more to be added to the list :roll:

ajaybaskar
26th December 2006, 06:18 PM
Gautham
Selva
Lingusamy
AR Murugadoss
Jananathan
Sasi
Susi

ajaybaskar
26th December 2006, 06:23 PM

Read the following review. U wud understand Vishnu being very gud in another factor too..

http://www.mediacircus.net/bangkokdangerous.html

kamalsurya
26th December 2006, 09:40 PM
I am sorry guys but I think Director Ameer needs a mention here. I feel he sometims get forgotton just because he has not directed any big stars yet 8-)

Ulaganayagan
26th December 2006, 09:48 PM
1. Bala
2. Selavaraghavan
3. Susi.Ganesan
4. Gautham
5. S.P.Jananathan

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 10:01 PM
I am sorry guys but I think Director Ameer needs a mention here. I feel he sometims get forgotton just because he has not directed any big stars yet 8-)

yupp.... :exactly: ... Mounam Pesiyathe...Raam were excellent !!

VENKIRAJA
27th December 2006, 05:20 PM
ACTUALLY,I HAD EXAMS THAT AFTERNOON,I HAD TO LEAVE.I WAS HAVING THIS THREAD IN MIND FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS.SO I HAD TO POST HASTILY.SORRY.DIRECTORS......the helm holders of the tinsel are indeed the ones remembered after long times.We may forget the angels who haunted the dreams of yester years:nargis or vaijayanti mala,the dashing heroies p.uchinnappa and t.rramachandran.but not satyajit ray,so soon.thats their might.if someone too great could emerge from the scratch now....,lets discuss on them

1.Selvaraghavan:The ideaologist of the youths,in his most simple form narrates to the mass in defty definition the feelings of the psycotic face inside.All his films managed a decnt collection and to me his names stands first,to fill the leader's space.

2.Dharani:Though bangaram didn't make big,let us focus the tamil phenomena.With a clear hatrick,he is surely the topper of the commercial genre.Catapulting Vijay to the next stage and making vikram equally good in another dimensions are decent acheivements.

3.Gautham:With a mediocre start,though being better now this man also has something in store for us.Known to drive screenplays in their fastest pace in cephia tone,undoubtebly he is the master of the game.His deep concentartion in the villain of the film and pulling in very high quality technical support are his trademarks.

4.Bala:Tingling inside controversies is his favourite sport.however has a deep thinker inside him.He actually opened the new renaissance of filmdom,moving into philosophical but emotional knots.Having two of his three brain-children nominated for the national awards is surely an achievement.

5.S.J.Suryah:He can undeniably rise to the position of the next bhagyaraj chair,with the latent potential to enscript the best today.Webbing himself inside the cleavage of the heroine is the only problem.Given two blockbusters,he can just not be a flash in the pan.

6.A.R.murugadoss:Moving to the hindi speaking 70mm,this man can make wonders with his uniqueness in presentation.The cause for his sucess lies beneath his basic script and his choice of people.When he can mould the red eyed,chin-shaking,nonstop-nonsense vijaykanth for ramana,he can make anything happen then.

7.Ameer:Nothing is definite unless paruthiveeran prospers.If it makes eyebrows shoot up,he could hook up in big movies then.

8.Vishnuvardhan:Sorry for making him in the post-toppers.He has done two fims which projected a style of his own,but.Fast making and great chemistry between yuvan are his plus points.

9.Karu pazhaniyappan:Waiting for something to click.Thogh he bagged the state awards for parthiban kanavu,sivappathigaram flopped.With pinpoint dialogues and something neat,this director surely has something to meticulously sculpt on his slice of the film roll.

10.Seemaan:With a huge success of thambi,and his ideologie of the offbeat cinema,a tool for handy spreding of thoughts,this guy makes the fim a bit thinkable.Just a film,however lets wait to see his climbing of the ladder.

In this wide circus stage,I left out a few bufoons.Maybe the gymnasts might even be depromoted to be bufoons later.However "ithu intha vaarathoda nilamai thaan.varum vaarangal-la endha endha padupaaavi endha endha edathula irukkaannu paarkalaam,athuvarai ungalidamirunthu vidaiperuvathu,vettipayal,forumhub.

Movie Cop
28th December 2006, 06:12 AM
1. GAUTHAM
2. BALA
3. SELVARAGHAVAN

* A.R. Murugadoss & Dharani are very good masala film makers!
* Bala is more of "Balu Mahendra" type film maker.
* Between Gautham & Selvaraghavan let us see who takes over the most coveted "Maniratnam" title! :)

Nerd
28th December 2006, 06:30 AM
Gautham is overrated.

SR's TI sucked. 7G, KK, PP are good movies.

Bala, chEran are very good 8-)

bAlAji sakthivEl is extremely good, wonder what has happened to him after kaadhal.

Vasanthabalan is promising.

great
28th December 2006, 06:35 AM
bAlAji sakthivEl is extremely good, wonder what has happened to him after kaadhal.

He is the associate director for SHIVAJI !!!

Here is my list
Bala
Ameer
Vasantha Balan is promising :) .
Selvaragavan.
Cheran

Wibha
28th December 2006, 06:48 AM
my list is

Bala
Cheran
Gautam

MADDY
28th December 2006, 08:57 AM
my picks:

1. Gautam Menon
2. Selvaraghavan
3. Bala
4. Vasantha Balan

but none in the class or range of Maniratnam or Bharathiraja........and none are as grand as Shankar too.....i guess my era of favorite directors is like a thin thread about to be cut and forgotten any time...... :cry:

Ramakrishna
28th December 2006, 11:54 PM
my picks:

2. Selvaraghavan
3. Bala

:shock: :o

Movie Cop
29th December 2006, 05:44 AM
but none in the class or range of Maniratnam or Bharathiraja........
Maniratnam Yes but Bharathi Raja :?: :shock:
Honestly I feel Bharhiraja is one of overated directors whose name is put alongside MR or KB. Agreed he is a great "village movies" director but he lacks the versatality which is the hallmark of any great directors. There are lot of movies of BR which were downright silly. Especially his "so called" thriller movies like "Sigappu Rojakkal", "Tik Tik tik", "Captain Magal" and the latest "Kangalal Kaidhu Sei" were a joke! :lol:
Agreed he has given some great movies like 16 Vayadhiniley, Mudhal Mariyadhai, Kadalora Kavithaigal etc... But outside the "village movies setup" he is more like a fish out of water. IMO, BR is a good director but I will be really hesitant to label him in the "great directors" list. 8-)

thamiz
29th December 2006, 05:46 AM
oh come on, mc!

16-vayathinilE made a revolution in Tamil CinemA! :D

sigappu rOjAkkaL is a joke??? :roll:

How about alaigaL ooyvathillai?

It is one of the biggest bo successes for bharathiraja! . I know some kids watched that movie 30-40 times those days! :lol:

Nerd
29th December 2006, 08:25 AM
Honestly I feel Bharhiraja is one of overated directors whose name is put alongside MR or KB. Agreed he is a great "village movies" director but he lacks the versatality which is the hallmark of any great directors. There are lot of movies of BR which were downright silly. Especially his "so called" thriller movies like "Sigappu Rojakkal", "Tik Tik tik", "Captain Magal" and the latest "Kangalal Kaidhu Sei" were a joke! :lol:
Agreed he has given some great movies like 16 Vayadhiniley, Mudhal Mariyadhai, Kadalora Kavithaigal etc... But outside the "village movies setup" he is more like a fish out of water. IMO, BR is a good director but I will be really hesitant to label him in the "great directors" list. 8-)

huh.. says who ?? Gowtham is great and BR is not :twisted: You are the first person to rate Gowtham over BR. Way to go :clap:

vasanth2006
30th December 2006, 12:21 AM
1)Selva raghavan
2)Cheran
3)Gautham
4)Bala
5)Ameer
6)Vishnuvarthan
7)Jeeva
8)Jananathan
9)Karu.Pazhaniyappan
10)Susi.Ganesan
11)Lingusamy

thimuru
30th December 2006, 09:42 AM
bala
selva
vishnuvardhan

bala stands tall above all among yound directors!...noone had givena sethu or anything near that!

thimuru
30th December 2006, 09:46 AM
my picks:

1. Gautam Menon
2. Selvaraghavan
3. Bala
4. Vasantha Balan

but none in the class or range of Maniratnam or Bharathiraja........and none are as grand as Shankar too.....i guess my era of favorite directors is like a thin thread about to be cut and forgotten any time...... :cry:
:D

mmm...bala is good!

but barathiraja proved he is versatile...which is yet to proved by bala!

goutham menon....hehe ..he is above bala and selva??..no way!

if the directors are original they must very original like barathiraja ..if they get inspired ..the stuff must be like maniratnams with great quality

goutham menon gets inspired but gives normal movies like kaaka kaaka or VV ...

bala is original...but seems to be steriotype

thimuru
30th December 2006, 09:54 AM

:shock:

sigappu rojakkal is a joke???

tell me one movie in tamil which is a better psychopath thriller than sigappu rojakkal!

nowadays silly directors like goutham are making some comedy with psychopath charecters like ilamaran and amudhan in VV!

sigappu rojakkal is a gem!

bulb_mani
30th December 2006, 10:20 AM
Sethu is being over-rated in terms of direction. Vikram's stellar performance and of course the weight loss n mental assylum set can be appreciated.

His Nanda was an exagerrated story..... again in pithamagan SURYA's role stood out...

Bala is being over rated

Ameer
Dharani
Ar Murugadoss
Selvaraghavan
Vishnuvardan
Lingusamy
Gautham
SIMBUDEVAN [ he can be given best director of 2006... superb effort]

:)

thimuru
30th December 2006, 10:30 AM
Sethu is being over-rated in terms of direction. Vikram's stellar performance and of course the weight loss n mental assylum set can be appreciated.

His Nanda was an exagerrated story..... again in pithamagan SURYA's role stood out...

Bala is being over rated

I would say DHARANI is a good director.... no one can make a modified remake better than th original... but he made GILLI better than OKKADU :)

that performance was brought out by bala as vikram said!

remember..vikram is not the vikram present now...

its bala who made him act wonderfully...the movie just had a good storya dngreat performances...bala dint go overboard at any place...there stands the directors brilliance...

surya was moulded by bala!

only bala moulds heroes who cant act well to a great actor....thats why he is a great director!

the best in present generation!...

remember the two best actors of this generation are moulded by bala...which itself is a great deal..other directors needs good actors but bala change a mediocre actor into great actor

bulb_mani
30th December 2006, 10:40 AM
Ameer also portrays sensitive n intense characters but much more believable as compared to ANIMAL like portrayal of BALA 8-)

bulb_mani
30th December 2006, 10:42 AM
acting cannot be brought out if the actor is not gud enough
even nanda didn't help surya establish himself... it was Mounam Pesiyadhe and Kaaka Kaaka...

So does that mean all KAMAL's directors r best directors in the world bcoz they made him a full fledged actor? :roll:

thimuru
30th December 2006, 10:48 AM
acting cannot be brought out if the actor is not gud enough
even nanda didn't help surya establish himself... it was Mounam Pesiyadhe and Kaaka Kaaka...

So does that mean all KAMAL's directors r best directors in the world bcoz they made him a full fledged actor? :roll:

kamal dint become a great actor by himself!

he needed directors like
vishvanath(salangai oli,sippikul muthu)
balumahendra(moondram pirai)
barathiraja(16 vayadhiniley)!

only after those classics he himselves became a legend !

in salangai oli its out and out kamals movie...but who brought out that performance?

then we dont have to respect any director...we can just say its actors who did it...not directors!

nandha moulded surya...its said by surya himself!

directors who mould actors are great directors....i would say bala is 100% great in that way!ofcourse ameer too...i thought surya got different style of acting after mounam pesiyadhey!

bulb_mani
30th December 2006, 10:50 AM
Ok sir :notworthy:

I still hold the opinion that BALA is over rated :)

Anyhow, do u think SIMBU can be a good director? :roll:

thimuru
30th December 2006, 10:54 AM
Ok sir :notworthy:

I still hold the opinion that BALA is over rated :)

Anyhow, do u think SIMBU can be a good director? :roll:

if mass killing is undergone at theatres...he will be a great director to accomplish it and finish the aim!

bulb_mani
30th December 2006, 10:57 AM
:lol:

But dont u think VALLAVAN is pretty decent attempt at direction except for the vulgarity here n there :oops:

thimuru
30th December 2006, 11:27 AM
i dont take risk normally

villan007
30th December 2006, 10:46 PM
:lol:

But dont u think VALLAVAN is pretty decent attempt at direction except for the vulgarity here n there :oops:

:shock: :o .. :evil:

bulb_mani
30th December 2006, 10:53 PM
Sorry Villa :oops:

girishk14
31st December 2006, 03:52 PM
Hey...could someone please tell me what films Jananathan directed before E.....i am quite ignorant of tamil cinema sometimez...

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 03:54 PM
Hey...could someone please tell me what films Jananathan directed before E.....i am quite ignorant of tamil cinema sometimez...

IYARKAI a national award winning movie

girishk14
31st December 2006, 04:02 PM
oh.ok. His movie have very new and interesting themes. i hope he makes it big...................

thimuru
31st December 2006, 04:06 PM
iyarkai climax is so beautiful.

VENKIRAJA
31st December 2006, 10:16 PM
CHERAN CANNOT BE ROPED UNDER THIS LIST.HE HAS ALREADY EMERGED.WITH TWO n.a'S FOR VETRI KODI KATTU AND AUTOGRAPH,HE'S SURELY TOPPING ANYBODY ELSE AT KOLLY.

thimuru
31st December 2006, 10:23 PM
CHERAN CANNOT BE ROPED UNDER THIS LIST.HE HAS ALREADY EMERGED.WITH TWO n.a'S FOR VETRI KODI KATTU AND AUTOGRAPH,HE'S SURELY TOPPING ANYBODY ELSE AT KOLLY.

yeah....bala,selvaragavan also couldnt be included!

they can be termed as young directors....but they are eshtablished

VENKIRAJA
31st December 2006, 10:29 PM
not that way.the scripts of cheran are far more powerful than selva's even.bala,hmmmm i first thought this guy cheaply imitates hitchcock in a desi way.but,he's elsehow.he makes the film a bit worser than his controversies.his style,his dialogue,his screenplay or the like actually don't speak.its the kind of performance he extracts alone.i dont think that will do for sustainment.however he tops my list,i don't know why!

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 10:30 PM
Boopathy Pandian? :roll:

villan007
31st December 2006, 10:32 PM
iyarkai climax is so beautiful.
yea... one of the best climaxes , IMO .. :)

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 10:34 PM
Best climax in Tamil Cinema ive ever scene in terms powerful screenplay was RAMANA...

ARM Murugadoss might be an established Director but i liked the last scene :thumbsup:

What
31st December 2006, 10:38 PM
goutham-the most over-rated director.

i agree he's given three superhits, but only kaaka kaaka is worth a watch.

even the second half of kaaka kaaka was as shoddy as vettaiyaadu vilaiyaadu.

cheran and selvaragavan are good directors.

VENKIRAJA
31st December 2006, 10:39 PM
kurudhipunal,moonram pirai,6-60,johny,mugavari,puthiya paravai,iruvar,indian,kadhalukku mariyadhai had the best climaxes i'd witnessed.

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 10:42 PM

I agree to a certain extent but MINALE was pretty good in terms fo screenplay :)

VENKIRAJA
31st December 2006, 10:43 PM
MINALE:i didnot like it,except for music.if none in the range of MR/KB,then any mahendrans?

Nerd
31st December 2006, 10:46 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: But I would replace SR with bala in your post 8-)

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 10:49 PM
Selvaraghavan is a good director :clap:

Bala was good in SETHU but from then on he should have been impressed by animals :lol2: both nanda n pithamagan hero looked n behaved lik wild animals :huh:

Selva was :thumbsup: though he ripped GUNA story for KK :roll:

thimuru
31st December 2006, 10:50 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: But I would replace SR with bala in your post 8-)

ejatly

VENKIRAJA
31st December 2006, 10:52 PM
all the gonna release films of the directors we've discussed,are acid tests,very very vital.if they prove lethal,busssssssssssssssss.

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 10:54 PM
all the gonna release films of the directors we've discussed,are acid tests,very very vital.if they prove lethal,busssssssssssssssss.

:exactly:

imsai
31st December 2006, 11:33 PM
this is nilavu's post in this thread, previous page.

directors who mould actors are great directors....i would say bala is 100% great in that way!ofcourse ameer too...i thought surya got different style of acting after mounam pesiyadhey!

his post in movies in hollywood standard

maniratnam(my brain says he copies even scenes..but my heart force me to add his name...donno why :lol: )

in younger generation

bala - just for sethu

he's contradicting.. but all can see that he accepts maniratham is a great director coz naayagan fetched kamal a NA 8-)

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 11:38 PM
:rotfl:

Ulaganayagan
31st December 2006, 11:42 PM

maniratnam(my brain says he copies even scenes..but my heart force me to add his name...donno why :lol: )

in younger generation

bala - just for sethu

he's contradicting.. but all can see that he accepts maniratham is a great director coz naayagan fetched kamal a NA 8-)
I dont get it :huh:
Could you elaborate on the contradiction please..

Rajkumar_mj
31st December 2006, 11:54 PM
Kamalhassan
Selva Raghavan
Balaji Sakthivel
Jaganathan

bulb_mani
1st January 2007, 12:11 AM
Kamalhassan
Selva Raghavan
Balaji Sakthivel
Jaganathan

:clap:

thimuru
1st January 2007, 06:39 AM

in younger generation

bala - just for sethu

whats contradicting there :roll: :lol:

maniratnam has also moulded many artists like madhavan and arvind swamy!...he made karthik do the finest playboy role in tamilfilmdom

whats ur point here? :roll:

kamalsurya
1st January 2007, 09:41 AM
Kamalhassan
Selva Raghavan
Balaji Sakthivel
Jaganathan

Kamalhassan emerging director-va :o :shock: He is alr a established director IMO.Personaly I would like to see a movie with Kamal directing and both Kamal and Surya acting in it

VENKIRAJA
6th January 2007, 08:40 PM
how about jeeva?
or subramaiyam siva(now pori)?
or priya(kanda naal mudhal)
or hari :shock: ?

VENKIRAJA
14th December 2007, 03:29 PM
hmmmmmm

gel again with the strain of directors' who gave a hit with their first movies' wanting to do it again.....
balaji sakthivel,
simbu devan
priya
vishnu,gautham,et al too....

and raju sundaram?

kamath
14th December 2007, 03:48 PM
raju sundaram?

chance illa.

His 1st film is with ajith.

appo hit eepadi? :-)

VENKIRAJA