PDA

View Full Version : What is the cause of failure

mrsrajan
4th January 2007, 07:22 PM
Here you can discuss about what is the reason behind a film becoming a flop.
To start with I would say the film "rhythm"

Reason:even though the story is good, the artist chosen for the film is wrong. Instead of meena, they should have gone for a non-glamourous actress like "nandita doss" or revathy or radhika. because meena is always looking beautiful in that movie.her face didn't show any sadness. even though the songs are good , they are not situation based
The BGM is not good enough to lift the movie to make the audience feel and this is the first reason for this movie to become a flop.second is meena.
Arjun has done a neat job by underplaying.but his action image didn't suit this movie.

MADDY
4th January 2007, 07:53 PM
The BGM is not good enough to lift the movie to make the audience feel and this is the first reason for this movie to become a flop.

can u please :shhh: ......Rythm is one of the highest sold albums in Tamil cinema history.......also the BGM was pretty much to the point........now, if u think only 100-1000 violins playing in the background is good BGM please :arrow: listen only to IR's works.....

FYI Rythm was not a flop......its a hit.......awwww goooooddddddddd, y r they targetting ARR and his movies like this???? :cry: ......ennalla thaanga mudiyala :oops:

mrsrajan
4th January 2007, 08:06 PM
Hi MADdy,
Even vasanth himself told that film is a flop.before posting anything think twice.
You you think only 100-1000 violins playing in the background is a BGM, then you know nothing about BGM.
have you ever lsiten to BGMs from mullum malarum,jhony,veedu,agni natchatram,ramana,julie ganapathy,nayagan......
he is the king of BGM even today.
I also like ARRs BGM in the movie roja, indian ...
but the as far as RHYTHM is concerned, the songs are very good, but BGM is not lifting the movie

MADDY
4th January 2007, 08:15 PM
Hi MADdy,

that pretty much sums abt ur view on me.......so no further arguements..... :D .......bye.....

please dont think we dont know anything and u know everything......i love IR's BGMs and ARR's as well......

u take a hit ARR movie and call it a flop and to top it - call ARR as the main reason for failure, which is something totally unjust and unacceptable to me.......bye....

sipi
4th January 2007, 08:16 PM
is rythm, a flop movie??? i dont think so... its earned enough money in audio itself... and meena is a glamourous actress??? maybe in telugu but not in tamil. and you are referring nandita dass as a non-glamourous actress :lol: dont point out azhagi & kannathil muthamittal only... she acted very glamour too...

she is a good actress, but i hope she never suitable to that character. meena is perfect choice...

2. husband irandhuta life adhoda mudinjirradhu illa.. idhukaga 10 yrs ku appuram kooda kannu oorathil kanneer vachina irukanum??? hu!!! he expired 10 yrs back, if any one lives with sad face after 10 yrs too???

mareen
4th January 2007, 08:25 PM
is rythm, a flop movie??? i dont think so... its earned enough money in audio itself... and meena is a glamourous actress??? maybe in telugu but not in tamil. and you are referring nandita dass as a non-glamourous actress :lol: dont point out azhagi & kannathil muthamittal only... she acted very glamour too...

she is a good actress, but i hope she never suitable to that character. meena is perfect choice...

2. husband irandhuta life adhoda mudinjirradhu illa.. idhukaga 10 yrs ku appuram kooda kannu oorathil kanneer vachina irukanum??? hu!!! he expired 10 yrs back, if any one lives with sad face after 10 yrs too???also the Movie fire by nandita-DAss that lesbo scene ;) he he he :lol:

Pras
4th January 2007, 08:25 PM
The BGM is not good enough to lift the movie to make the audience feel and this is the first reason for this movie to become a flop.

can u please :shhh: ......Rythm is one of the highest sold albums in Tamil cinema history.......also the BGM was pretty much to the point........now, if u think only 100-1000 violins playing in the background is good BGM please :arrow: listen only to IR's works.....

FYI Rythm was not a flop......its a hit.......awwww goooooddddddddd, y r they targetting ARR and his movies like this???? :cry: ......ennalla thaanga mudiyala :oops:

why do you guys bring IR's whenever someone speaks about ARR in a topic ? :huh: ... want to be compared everytime to THE maestro huh ? ....

MADDY
4th January 2007, 08:39 PM
why do you guys bring IR's whenever someone speaks about ARR in a topic ? :huh: ... want to be compared everytime to THE maestro huh ? ....

thats bcos if u see mrsrajan's next post, she has clearly kept IR in mind when she criticised this movie's BGM........boss, i have handled 1000's of such people in my life......i know y they post like this....okva?? :D

btw, y should we compare a multiple oscar nominee, 4 time national award winner, 16 times filmfare award winner, 27th Highest sold artiste in the world all time, Bollywood Badshah, UN ambassador to the maestro???? we know IR is great, but we dont want to compare ARR to IR to show he is great......ok va??

osama_sword
4th January 2007, 08:45 PM
AR is an icon... 8-)

selvakumar
4th January 2007, 08:49 PM
Hi MADdy,
Even vasanth himself told that film is a flop.before posting anything think twice.

Did VAsanth told that the film was flop only because of its bad BGM and not so good songs from ARR ?

have you ever lsiten to BGMs from mullum malarum,jhony,veedu,agni natchatram,ramana,julie ganapathy,nayagan......

Please don't list BGMs from Nayagan, Jhony, AN, MN withJulie Ganapathy and Ramana !

but the as far as RHYTHM is concerned, the songs are very good, but BGM is not lifting the movie

Not sure whether you read the appreciation that he is getting for his BGM in RDB ! "Oru paaaNai soetrukku oru soru pathaM"

BTW, don't take me as a ARR fan coz I never respects any MD.. and what all I need is : Catchy tunes irrespective of whether they were copied or inspired from x, y or z

osama_sword
4th January 2007, 08:52 PM
rythm songs were hit i guess :?

ARR is internationally acclaimed n more famous as far as i know...if im wrong educate me 8-)

Alek Niranjan
4th January 2007, 08:53 PM
AR is an icon... 8-)

Is he not a Bitmap ? :P

thimuru
4th January 2007, 08:58 PM
why unnecessarily MADDY pulled IR here!

1000s of violins? :rotfl:

johnny,mounaragam,anjali,barathi,azhagi,punnagai mannan,sigappu rojakkal,nayagan,hey raam.....

dont just blabber!...defend arr ...dont bash IR-the king of BGM!

osama_sword
4th January 2007, 09:01 PM
idhu IR vs ARR thread madhiri aidichu :huh: :roll:

swathy
4th January 2007, 09:10 PM
Ullasam -

Hope ppl won't argue here

only reason for the flop is Maheshwari.

Alek Niranjan
4th January 2007, 09:12 PM
THis ARR Vx IR fight is due to Maddy's reply.Mrsrajan didnt praise anything about IR in his first post.But Maddy pulled IR in sarcastic way. Hence mrsrajan gave fitted reply that too with out ridiculing ARR.

And He didn't say ARR is not good in BGM. But in the movie "Rhythm", the BGM wasn't good.

Ulaganayagan
4th January 2007, 09:13 PM
is rythm, a flop movie??? i dont think so... its earned enough money in audio itself... and meena is a glamourous actress??? maybe in telugu but not in tamil.
Have'nt you seen ''Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar''

swathy
4th January 2007, 09:14 PM
Album - directed by vasantha balan

telugu hero and first few portion on communism.

no proper ad and also the title.

on seeing the title even I thought it may be just a college love story

osama_sword
4th January 2007, 09:14 PM
This thread will anyway be locked i guess. :D

But this ia good idea... open a thread on why some good movies flopped and discuss instead of a single movie alone :D

swathy
4th January 2007, 09:15 PM
Thalaimurai - hero and the heroine.

Very good story and the best of raj kiran. revathy and banupriya also would have performed well.

Alek Niranjan
4th January 2007, 09:15 PM

Reason:even though the story is good, the artist chosen for the film is wrong. Instead of meena, they should have gone for a non-glamourous actress like "nandita doss" or revathy or radhika. because meena is always looking beautiful in that movie.her face didn't show any sadness. even though the songs are good , they are not situation based
The BGM is not good enough to lift the movie to make the audience feel and this is the first reason for this movie to become a flop.second is meena.
Arjun has done a neat job by underplaying.but his action image didn't suit this movie.

MRS Rajan

Rhythm had a very good opening because of ARR songs Producer had profits because of the Songs and ARR is the biggest plus for the movie.

swathy
4th January 2007, 09:16 PM

But this ia good idea... open a thread on why some good movies flopped and discuss instead of a single movie alone :D

Im trying my level best :-)

Ulaganayagan
4th January 2007, 09:18 PM

Wow..You are pretty knowledgeable for a new hubber dude :thumbsup:

Alek Niranjan
4th January 2007, 09:18 PM
Aadhi failed because of Violence

Alek Niranjan
4th January 2007, 09:19 PM
:D

swathy
Kadal pookkal - reason unknown :roll:

osama_sword
album was directed by veyyil director? :roll:

One good film that flopped after terrific opening was JI :)

The main complaint against the film was that it looked like a DOCUMENTARY film and not some entertaining commerical flick :oops:

ANyhow i liked it.

But very famous case for this was ANBE SIVAM ... nice pleasant movie with great music :(

swathy
4th January 2007, 09:26 PM
Unnai charanadaindhen

music, heroine.

Alek Niranjan
4th January 2007, 09:32 PM
Unnai charanadaindhen

music, heroine.

But it was an average Hit.

Erica
4th January 2007, 09:34 PM
Ullasam -

:lol: :lol: :lol: :exactly:

Alek Niranjan
4th January 2007, 09:37 PM
MX - No story & 2nd Half

Nerd
4th January 2007, 09:39 PM
Dig...

27th Highest sold artiste in the world all time, Bollywood Badshah

Maddy do you have any links to prove this piece of info ?? Me and my friends had an argument the other day and I want to prove them wrong. I could not find that in wiki :(

Pras
4th January 2007, 09:43 PM

thats bcos if u see mrsrajan's next post, she has clearly kept IR in mind when she criticised this movie's BGM........boss, i have handled 1000's of such people in my life......i know y they post like this....okva?? :D

btw, y should we compare a multiple oscar nominee, 4 time national award winner, 16 times filmfare award winner, 27th Highest sold artiste in the world all time, Bollywood Badshah, UN ambassador to the maestro???? we know IR is great, but we dont want to compare ARR to IR to show he is great......ok va??

it was a reply to YOUR post ... when someone speak about your favorite star, it is quite normal that you try to defend him, but don't insult others !!

and you continue saying
triple oscar nominee, 4 time national award winner, 16 times filmfare award winner, 27th Highest sold artiste in the world all time, Bollywood Badshah, UN ambassador

IR is no less than that ! oscar nominee doesn't mean anything ... it is an american award given for american, indian can only compete for foreign category ... which means NOthing ! and just for your kind information, to name a few :

Ilaiyaraaja has won the National Film Award for Best Music Direction for the films Saagara Sangamam (1984), Sindhu Bhairavi (1986) and Rudraveena (1989). He won the Gold Remi Award for Best Music Score jointly with music director M. S. Viswanathan at the WorldFest-Houston Film Festival for the film Vishwa Thulasi (2005).

He was conferred the title Isaignani ('musical saint') in 1988 by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi and received the Kalaimamani Award, an annual award for excellence in the field of arts from the Government of the State of Tamil Nadu, India.[44] He also received State Government Awards from the governments of Kerala (1995), Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh (The Lata Mangeshkar Award) (1998) for excellence in music.

He was conferred honorary doctorates by Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, India (Degree of Doctor of Letter (Honoris causa)) (March, 1994), the World University Round Table, Arizona, U.S.A. (Cultural Doctorate in Philosophy of Music) (April, 1994), and Madurai Kamarajar University, Tamil Nadu (Degree of Doctor of Letters) (1996) . He received an Award of Appreciation from the Foundation and Federation of Tamil Sangams of North America (1994), and later that year was presented with an honorary citizenship and key to the Teaneck township, by Mr. John Abraham, Mayor of Teaneck, New Jersey, U.S.A.

Ilaiyaraaja has proposed to institute awards to honour people who contribute outstandingly to the Tamil literature, in memory of his late brother, Pavalar Varadarajan

Ulaganayagan
4th January 2007, 09:47 PM
Dig...

27th Highest sold artiste in the world all time, Bollywood Badshah

Maddy do you have any links to prove this piece of info ?? Me and my friends had an argument the other day and I want to prove them wrong. I could not find that in wiki :(
I was actually checking that out myself :)
Found this..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

It doesnt say that he is # 27 though.

osama_sword
4th January 2007, 09:47 PM
Harris Jeyaraj Is Good.... he amde 12B n Ullam Ketkume hits due to music n KK a bigger hit with his music also :roll:

Nerd
4th January 2007, 09:50 PM
Yeh UN, there are few other articles about music artists I have done an exhaustive search but that #27 still eludes me :D

osama_sword
4th January 2007, 09:51 PM
ARR vs IR :evil:

MADDY
5th January 2007, 03:10 AM
THis ARR Vx IR fight is due to Maddy's reply.Mrsrajan didnt praise anything about IR in his first post.But Maddy pulled IR in sarcastic way. Hence mrsrajan gave fitted reply that too with out ridiculing ARR.

And He didn't say ARR is not good in BGM. But in the movie "Rhythm", the BGM wasn't good.

yes alek, thats right - u r seeing such post for the first time.......but i'm seeing it for the zillionth time.......so, please do understand y i got angry too............ARR's bgm is the only bashing point for his opposers........

its no secret that only IR fans criticise ARR's BGM.......they are used to IR's style of BGM and they think that is only the correct way to produce BGMs......which i definitely dont agree with......

without ridiculing ARR - :lol: .....but she made fun of her fellow hubber...did u notice her "hi MAD"???......i guess thats ok isnt it for a person who questions Kamal and IR fans...... :lol:

Wibha
5th January 2007, 03:35 AM

IR barely does BGM 2day........ARR was da one who introduced the new techniques in music............ IR's BGM was according to the old generation liking........

buddysathi
5th January 2007, 04:01 AM
I've seen many has the " Mouna raagam" theme as their ringtone than any other song or BGM. Tats power of BGM!

And FYI,, they r not old,, mostly in teens and 20s.

MADDY
5th January 2007, 04:21 AM
I've seen many has the " Mouna raagam" theme as their ringtone than any other song or BGM. Tats power of BGM!

And FYI,, they r not old,, mostly in teens and 20s.

yes i have noticed that 8-)

but all India favorite is still - Airtel tune......nothing to beat that......pachai nirame starting tune comes second.....

buddysathi
5th January 2007, 04:27 AM
Appadiya? Ok! I like this game!

Engae US-la mouna ragam,airtel & pachai niram yaarum ring tone vakkalae! So ARR & IR , both r 'sappai' rt??!

Cmon,, Talk only abt the region where they fought!

I am not sure, but i heard like IR's tunes mostly used in ads these days!

buddysathi
5th January 2007, 04:34 AM
but all India favorite is still - Airtel tune......nothing to beat that......pachai nirame starting tune comes second.....

Airtel tune is a jingle, Pachai Niram is a song! Both cannot be called as BGMs, may be ARR's " padai" can call pachai niram as a classic BGM since it was played as BGM during Madhavan-Shalini love scenes! 8-)

Wibha
5th January 2007, 04:34 AM
America la matha oora pathi yaarukum avlo teriyadhu.so ulagamea sapaiya?????? :huh:

america va vechundu yedeyum judge panna koodathu

MADDY
5th January 2007, 04:38 AM
Engae US-la mouna ragam,airtel & pachai niram yaarum ring tone vakkalae! So ARR & IR , both r 'sappai' rt??!

unga US-la eppadi-nnu theriyadhu, cos i never been to US but enga India-la ARR ringtones dhaan rulers....

talk abt the region they fought-??? i presume its India only.......btw, they never fought, only their fans fought :lol: .........IR has appreciated ARR highly and ARR's respect for IR is something which we,ARR fans are very proud of.......

yes u hear IR's old songs in the ads, thats bcos Karthik Raja is the MD for those ads......again i'm talking abt enga Indian ads...... :D

buddysathi
5th January 2007, 04:38 AM
Leave America,,Vera entha country-la ARR & IR pathi theriyum,,except our tamil speaking neighbors?!?!!

MADDY
5th January 2007, 04:42 AM
Airtel tune is a jingle, Pachai Niram is a song! Both cannot be called as BGMs, may be ARR's " padai" can call pachai niram as a classic BGM since it was played as BGM during Madhavan-Shalini love scenes! 8-)

but u only told -

thats y i told there are songs which are more popular amongst ringtones than BGMs.......

buddysathi
5th January 2007, 04:44 AM
unga US-la eppadi-nnu theriyadhu, cos i never been to US but enga India-la ARR ringtones dhaan rulers....

Aiyoooo,, naan enna solrenna..

People in India keep ARR's ringtones mostly bcos they have'nt got a chance to hear the best of IR!
Similarly, People in US dont know abt ARR & IR and they will never bother to know!

I wholeheartedly accept ARR is the No.1 in India in terms of songs,technique, etcc... but in BGM plz dooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnttttttttt ever talk abt it plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Wibha
5th January 2007, 04:47 AM

Aiyoooo,, naan enna solrenna..

People in India keep ARR's ringtones mostly bcos they have'nt got a chance to hear the best of IR!
Similarly, People in US dont know abt ARR & IR and they will never bother to know!

I wholeheartedly accept ARR is the No.1 in India in terms of songs,technique, etcc... but in BGM plz dooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnttttttttt ever talk abt it plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

even if u accept or not ARR is No.1

and BGm even if der r many oders who can do well ARR's appreciated everywhere

MADDY
5th January 2007, 04:53 AM

thanks sir...... :D

and for the second part, u love IR's BGMs, i love ARR and IR's BGMs - let us live and leave it like that...... :lol:

so my candidate for failure:

Ayutha Ezhuthhu -

1. Documentary pace
2. Maddy as villain with a motta thalai :evil:
3. someone more powerful like Ajith or Vijay should have done surya's role
4. Unbeliavable ending - Siddarth as MLA :lol:
5. Narration seemed recursive and similar to AlaiPauthey
6. Over hype created by the songs

Hope Guru is a much better effort from the genius.... :D

buddysathi
5th January 2007, 04:55 AM
Everywhere-na?? engae pakistan parliamentliya?? edathae sollu ma,, ella kaati edathae gaali pannu!

hehe,, juz kiddin,, U r rt!

Wibha
5th January 2007, 04:55 AM
Maddy :notthatway:

Maddy was a good villain.and with mottai he luked awesome :thumbsup: ..he did prove his talents........ Mani always takes the best actors.......it's failure was only because not many understood the story.....

MADDY
5th January 2007, 05:02 AM
and with mottai he luked awesome :thumbsup: ..he did prove his talents........ Mani always takes the best actors.......it's failure was only because not many understood the story.....

adi paavi, u liked maddy's looks in that movie also?? :shock: .......i hate to look at that movie just for Madhavan.....just compare that Maddy with "Rendu" Maddy.....in rendu he looked awesome and in Guru too.... 8-)

story-a??? hmmm......the movie should have been a bit interesting.... :D

Wibha
5th January 2007, 05:16 AM
adi paavi, u liked maddy's looks in that movie also?? :shock: .......i hate to look at that movie just for Madhavan.....just compare that Maddy with "Rendu" Maddy.....in rendu he looked awesome and in Guru too.... 8-)

story-a??? hmmm......the movie should have been a bit interesting.... :D

PAAVi-ya :shock: :hammer:

maddy luked so gud wid motta talai :D
ungalukku puriyadhu :poke:

da movie was gud :D

AE la Maddy role appadi so his luks changed.....Maddy ya kora sonna :hammer: dan kadaikum :evil:

Erica
5th January 2007, 05:27 AM
Ayutha Ezhuthhu -

1. Documentary pace
2. Maddy as villain with a motta thalai :evil:
3. someone more powerful like Ajith or Vijay should have done surya's role
4. Unbeliavable ending - Siddarth as MLA :lol:
5. Narration seemed recursive and similar to AlaiPauthey
6. Over hype created by the songs

Hope Guru is a much better effort from the genius.... :D

I don't agree 2 and 4....Maddy was so gud in that movie and infact delivered a tremendous performance........c'mon an actor can't be a chocolate baby lover boy forever. I liked his performance :D

pudhupettai'la mattum Dhanush minister aavaraaru......Siddhu MLA aaga koodadha?

I totally agree ur other points. Surya...as a college student really looked a little awkward :oops: Maybe he had all those muscles build up for ghajini :oops:

Wibha
5th January 2007, 05:31 AM
Maddy was so gud in that movie and infact delivered a tremendous performance........c'mon an actor can't be a chocolate baby lover boy forever. I liked his performance :D

:exactly: an actor is considered BEST only if he does ALL kinds of roles and not the same chocolate,loverboy

MADDY
5th January 2007, 05:40 AM
Maddy ya kora sonna :hammer: dan kadaikum :evil:

seringa ophicer.... :lol: .........

Erica & Wibha - i didnt like Mani's treatment of Madhavan in that movie- thats it......getting slapped by surya :evil: :evil: ......as u guys know, i like Madhavan to become a big star than a great actor..... :D

buddysathi
5th January 2007, 08:34 AM
the critics mentioned surya was way way better compared to ajay devgun ,,and coming to abhishek bachan yuva is the one where he learnt acting..

thimuru
5th January 2007, 08:35 AM
Appadiya? Ok! I like this game!

this is what im gonna post!..shahrukh and aamir are known by more people than kamal or lal...that doesnt mean they are great actors :lol:

he cant come up with the arr's bgm to defend..just sayin..americala periya aalu...aaparicala periya aalu :rotfl:

girishk14
5th January 2007, 08:37 AM
btw, vj could never hav done surya's role! vj cant do that kinda different roles! Ajith surely can. But anyway, surya perfectly fitted that role in Ayutha ezuthu

thimuru
5th January 2007, 08:40 AM
btw, vj could never hav done surya's role! vj cant do that kinda different roles! Ajith surely can. But anyway, surya perfectly fitted that role in Ayutha ezuthu

vijay will put "ngnaa" in dialogues

he will put tongue in cheek(stylam)

wont coorect his hair style

wont shave his beard completely

will ask for a kuthaatam

selvakumar
5th January 2007, 11:05 AM
Maddy bringing in IR is fine IF we consider any Ajith/Vijay fan bringing in the other actors' movies to defend their star Or Kamal/Rajini fan bringing in the other actor's movies to defend their star !
It is like bringing in a bad innings of Sachin to praise a good innings of other players !
Anyway, Rhythm had excellant songs packaged with awesome lyrics of Vairamuthu. It was a musical HIT. Not sure about the BO though !

mrsrajan
5th January 2007, 12:40 PM
Ullasam padam parkum podhu romba bayama irundhchI.
coz, Theatrela konjam peruthan irunthanga

swathy
5th January 2007, 12:56 PM

:rotfl:

osama_sword
5th January 2007, 01:00 PM

Parangimalai Jothi Madiri theatrela ellam paatha apadithaan irukum :lol2:

swathy
5th January 2007, 01:02 PM
yen andha theater malaila irukkuma?

selvakumar
5th January 2007, 01:04 PM

Thalaya thavira,

Maheswari yai Quarter Skirtla paarthathu mattum thaaN orae aaruthaL

swathy
5th January 2007, 01:08 PM

Thalaya thavira,

:hammer:

mrsrajan
5th January 2007, 01:13 PM
why the film 'ji' flopped?

Wibha
5th January 2007, 01:13 PM

Thalaya thavira,

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

osama_sword
5th January 2007, 01:15 PM

Slow SCreenplay... made it look like documentary ... othwerwise in every aspect the movie was :thumbsup:

Took a great opening but dint sustain :cry:

Warden
5th January 2007, 01:31 PM
Is there anything wrong in any of those :lol2:
1 'Ngnaa' nu thaane sollraaru sh!t nu sollalayey
2 Tounge in his cheek thaane,not on heroines'.There are many ppl who do like those mannerisms(add me 4 1)
3 and 4 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
5 Except a handfull almost all films releasing today have kutthatams :lol2: .Vijay was the pioneer though I agree.And havent u seen a Vijay film without kutthattam :huh: Aada mudiyuthu,aadraaru :cool:
Vijay will def have suited that AE surya role and the movie wudve been much more successful :cool: I havent seen any ofhis contemporaries playing a college student with as much grace and elan :cool: .Hes done that in abt 75% of his movies.And Vijay as a student activist leader wudve found much more acceptance.
Extracting the right expressions in the more serious scenes is no big deal for a Mani Rathnam :cool:
And brand Vijay wudve given the film much much more reach and acceptance especially among the blue collar lot (with songs like Jana Gana Mana being converted into time for coconut breaking,aarthi edutthufying,cracker bursting etc.)
I agree he isnt suitable for complex get-up changes as his physique /looks doesnt support the same.But playing a normal human as a human ,he can do it as well as any1 :cool:

1 vijay will put "ngnaa" in dialogues

2 he will put tongue in cheek(stylam)

3 wont coorect his hair style

4 wont shave his beard completely

5 will ask for a kuthaatam

girishk14
5th January 2007, 01:33 PM
Why did Aran flop ?? i thought it would be a hit because it had a new military story with Jeeva and a top malyalam star(mohanlal) in the lead. Furthermore, it did not have much competition during release

alwarpet_andavan
5th January 2007, 01:35 PM
I think Surya's role was superb in AE and his acting was also good, not to mention a couple of striking dialogues written for that role [one about love/harmones and the other about s/w engineers]...

osama_sword
5th January 2007, 02:08 PM
Girish was saying in AJITH thread that he liked E , Pattiyal , Dishoom, Ram for the unique story n said JI had some flaws. JI had flaws ok... but i have to comment upon his logic of judging movies.

He says Pattiyal has different story.

Have u ever seen THALAPATHY or PITHAMAGAN? :roll:

Dishoom.... well i dint see that movie so cant comment.

U were talking about logic for AJith going to jail after the riot in JI... how about Bharath n Arya killing everyone like stealing a candy n escaping from police? Still staying in the same house n locality.... now where did ur logic go?

E.... well brokers , market rate n stuff n all came in thta movie too ..where was ur moral fibre then 8-)

Catch u later in the night coz now im leaving :wave:

girishk14
5th January 2007, 02:28 PM
Girish was saying in AJITH thread that he liked E , Pattiyal , Dishoom, Ram for the unique story n said JI had some flaws. JI had flaws ok... but i have to comment upon his logic of judging movies.

He says Pattiyal has different story.

Have u ever seen THALAPATHY or PITHAMAGAN? :roll:

Dishoom.... well i dint see that movie so cant comment.

U were talking about logic for AJith going to jail after the riot in JI... how about Bharath n Arya killing everyone like stealing a candy n escaping from police? Still staying in the same house n locality.... now where did ur logic go?

E.... well brokers , market rate n stuff n all came in thta mjoy the ovie too ..where was ur moral fibre then 8-)

Catch u later in the night coz now im leaving :wave:

iF u wanna continue arguing, i am ready. But i think this is the wrong thread but i will post here itself. Yes Pattiyal had a different story and it was interesting. I have seen Pithamagan and i also appreciate Pithamagan a lot because if its new approach and surya's acting and comedy. Dishoom was a very good movie with good comedy from the short guy. In Dishoom, even a comedian like that short man made an impact on audience by showing the difficulties in the social world endured by a person of physical disability such as being short.

Arya and Bharath may have killed ppl and police didnt go after them but there could be many reasons behind that. The police may have been scared of them and the people who paid them to kill. That is not so bad.. But sending a new political winner to jail with hardly any evidence and without investigation is purely stupid. Anyway, we cant always look at logic as our duty is to enjoy the movie and not to talk logics about it. If we want to talk about logic, imagine the situation of Perarusu's movies.

And please stop mentioning that Broker thing in E. It basically showed more of Jeeva's slum behaviour and there was nothing wrong in that scene. If a 14yr old like me can take it in a mature aspect, why cant u adults do that? And just that one scene doesnt make the movie bad. Even if the whole hub turns against me in this topic, I can still defend myself :boo: :P

Rajkumar_mj
5th January 2007, 02:28 PM

Rajan

Endha theatrela Partheenga neenga?

Warden
5th January 2007, 03:02 PM
Girish :clap:
Chumma pinni pinni edukkuraan pa :clap:
Reply panna mudiyaama niraya per escape aaagittaanunga :lol2:
Ivlo chinna vayasula evlo different intellectual tastes :clap:
Unkita pesuratha nenachaaley rombo perumayaa irukku thambi :cry:
Girish,nee vayasula 6'aa irukkalaam,but manasula 60 :thumbsup: :clap:
Ilaya socrates girish vaazhga :clap:

girishk14
5th January 2007, 03:18 PM

is that sarcasm? btw, i am 14, not 6. :twisted:

avven
5th January 2007, 03:20 PM

seems we have lots of buddies at the age of 14 in this hub.... :D

selvakumar
5th January 2007, 03:25 PM

Navin is back ! :lol:

I loved the last but one line ! 6 to 60 ! :lol:

girishk14
5th January 2007, 03:29 PM

hey..i am the only 14 yr old......gaayu and her cousin are 13 i guess....who else is there?

avven
5th January 2007, 03:34 PM
[quote=girishk14]

hey..i am the only 14 yr old......gaayu and her cousin are 13 i guess....who else is there?

yet to find grish :wink: ..will let u know once i got them... :D

thimuru
5th January 2007, 03:41 PM
which film naveen is stating as vijay played with such elan as a college student...than any heroes of present generation? :roll:

neeye sollu

MADDY
5th January 2007, 03:41 PM

i was 14 just 10 yrs back :noteeth:

Girish, do u know Pattiyal is a shameless scene to scene lift of a english movie - Bangkok Dangerous!

read this plot summary -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263101/plotsummary

:oops: :oops: :oops: ........i know u guys dont mind remakes/copies but such scene to scene copy shows the director and crew in a very bad light......

thimuru
5th January 2007, 03:42 PM
maddy...u saw that movie?

MADDY
5th January 2007, 03:46 PM

nope, i havent but imdb is pretty authentic and there was a huge roar in YSR thread when this movie released.........one of the hubbers did this expose and as usual Judge spoiled the show by accusing Maniratnam of many copies and so on......Maniratnam just uses the theme but never copies like this......

i heard Pattiyal's characters are also taken from that english movie.... :oops:

selvakumar
5th January 2007, 03:47 PM
i was 14 just 10 yrs back :noteeth:

Girish, do u know Pattiyal is a shameless scene to scene lift of a english movie - Bangkok Dangerous!

read this plot summary -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263101/plotsummary

:oops: :oops: :oops: ........i know u guys dont mind remakes/copies but such scene to scene copy shows the director and crew in a very bad light......

The story is of a deaf-mute hitman and his partner who are based in Bangkok. He is friends with his partner's girlfriend who is a stripper at a local club. They go about their assassination business as usual as the boss climbs the underworld ladder and forms new alliances. Flashbacks explain how he got to this point in his life. He forms a relationship with a young woman from the pharmacy who is caring and innocent. The hunts continue as treachery begins. A big name hit makes him realize that good people are hurt by his actions. The first rule of assassination closes in on him as he strikes revenge.

Maddy - Thanks for the link ! :oops: "E AdichaaN copy nkirathu idhu thaaNaa" :oops:
btw, After this I have high hopes for BILLA since we can see a BOND FILM being remade 100% as it is ! :D Vishnu rocks ! :thumbsup:

thimuru
5th January 2007, 03:56 PM

nope, i havent but imdb is pretty authentic and there was a huge roar in YSR thread when this movie released.........one of the hubbers did this expose and as usual Judge spoiled the show by accusing Maniratnam of many copies and so on......Maniratnam just uses the theme but never copies like this......

maniratnam takes the theme...not the description!

MADDY
5th January 2007, 04:47 PM

but he vowes many beautiful events around it, that u'll forget the theme.... :D ......girish, hellllloooo, u there????

My next candidate: Iruvar

1. 35 mm movie.... :shock:
2. Documentary pace
3. Falsification of History
4. Other language superstar
5. Audio didnt click with masses

Iruvar - a beautiful tale of friendship tormented by ego,power,money.....it unearths the amazing/exciting history of TamilNadu politics.........great performances from the 2 best actors of India - Mohan Lal and Prakash Raj........Aishwarya Rai as fresh as a rain drop from the sky........great musical/BGM score from the chennai mozart......still it flopped....

Falsification of history - he showed Anandhan character in very poor light.......showing historical events in a wrong manner.... :evil:

other language su[erstar - i cant remember any movie acted by Telugu/Mallu/Kannada/Hindi superstar has clicked in Tamil.....i mean only superstars and not small actors....

MADDY
5th January 2007, 04:48 PM

but he vowes many beautiful events around it, that u'll forget the theme.... :D ......girish, hellllloooo, u there????

My next candidate: Iruvar

1. 35 mm movie.... :shock:
2. Documentary pace
3. Falsification of History
4. Other language superstar
5. Audio didnt click with masses

Iruvar - a beautiful tale of friendship tormented by ego,power,money.....it unearths the amazing/exciting history of TamilNadu politics.........great performances from the 2 best actors of India - Mohan Lal and Prakash Raj........Aishwarya Rai as fresh as a rain drop from the sky........great musical/BGM score from the chennai mozart......still it flopped....

Falsification of history - he showed Anandhan character in very poor light.......showing historical events in a wrong manner.... :evil:

other language su[erstar - i cant remember any movie acted by Telugu/Mallu/Kannada/Hindi superstar has clicked in Tamil.....i mean only superstars and not small actors....

thimuru
5th January 2007, 05:02 PM
MADDY-Mammootty...malayalam superstar

makalaatchi
arasiyal
thalapathy
azhakan
marumalarchi
aanandham

Roshan
5th January 2007, 07:46 PM
I think Surya's role was superb in AE and his acting was also good, not to mention a couple of striking dialogues written for that role [one about love/harmones and the other about s/w engineers]...

Yeah dialogues were good in AE - especially for Surya and Barathiraja characters. Dialogues were penned by writer Sujatha and he usually does a great job. To name a few of his other projects - Indian and Mudhalvan. He is different from the ordinary writers. His speciality is mixing up subtle humour without spoiling the seriousness of a particular scene. Mudhalvan had many of it. He also comes out with general information with facts and figures where ever possible - special mention - Arjun's interview scene with Raguvaran in Mudhalvan. I hope he does a neat job in Dasa too.

great
5th January 2007, 07:52 PM
Ullasam -

Maheshwari is not the sole reason for the BO performance . J D JErry should be the main reason for the flop only the plot was good but the screenplay was a biggest let down.

osama_sword
5th January 2007, 10:55 PM
iF u wanna continue arguing, i am ready. But i think this is the wrong thread but i will post here itself. Yes Pattiyal had a different story and it was interesting. I have seen Pithamagan and i also appreciate Pithamagan a lot because if its new approach and surya's acting and comedy. Dishoom was a very good movie with good comedy from the short guy. In Dishoom, even a comedian like that short man made an impact on audience by showing the difficulties in the social world endured by a person of physical disability such as being short.

Arya and Bharath may have killed ppl and police didnt go after them but there could be many reasons behind that. The police may have been scared of them and the people who paid them to kill. That is not so bad.. But sending a new political winner to jail with hardly any evidence and without investigation is purely stupid. Anyway, we cant always look at logic as our duty is to enjoy the movie and not to talk logics about it. If we want to talk about logic, imagine the situation of Perarusu's movies.

And please stop mentioning that Broker thing in E. It basically showed more of Jeeva's slum behaviour and there was nothing wrong in that scene. If a 14yr old like me can take it in a mature aspect, why cant u adults do that? And just that one scene doesnt make the movie bad. Even if the whole hub turns against me in this topic, I can still defend myself :boo: :P

Police afraid of 2 rowdies who have no political support or any kind of influence :rotfl:

THose boldened phrases of urs shows the worth of ur explanation :lol2: and some people putting jalras just for the sake of getting snubbed :rotfl:

U say u cant look out for logic then why do u bother about the guy going to jail in JI? :lol:

Have u watched this chennai mayor election? Even a famous MLA belonging to an influential party was beaten n arrested by police... why cant after all an independent candidate like him in that movie get arrested :lol:

DOnt contradict urself girish n Mr.Warden before putting jalra read our entire argument n then comment instead of blindly posting for the sake of snubbing me n ending up with a same side goal :lol:

Sarna
21st July 2010, 11:02 AM
nice thread :P

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:20 PM

nice thread by thread starter but i disagree with u completely rhythym was an very touching film and was a superhit and arjun's performance was amazing plus meena was perfect for the role... just because she is pretty doesn't mean she is not fit all. And about ur comment on ARR... the audience in the theatre absolutely loved the music so I think the BGM was very well done. The Dheemthanana song is one of the best songs still of his and will always remain a classic and what perfect picturization by Vasanth in the falls.... its makes u feel like u want to be in the movie 8-)

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:26 PM
nice thread by thread starter but i disagree with u completely rhythym was an very touching film and was a superhit

நான் காண்பது கனவா இல்லை நனவா ...

indha hub'la thaan ella padamum hit / super hit.. vijayakanth padam mattum flop <can't resist bringing VK in.. it is a general thread.. right>

nitchayam ovvoru producer'um / theater owner'um / distributor'um padikka vendiya website..

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:29 PM
nice thread by thread starter but i disagree with u completely rhythym was an very touching film and was a superhit

நான் காண்பது கனவா இல்லை நனவா ...

indha hub'la thaan ella padamum hit / super hit.. vijayakanth padam mattum flop <can't resist bringing VK in.. it is a general thread.. right>

nitchayam ovvoru producer'um / theater owner'um / distributor'um padikka vendiya website..

From Wiki:

A good measure of its success lies with the astoundingly low-key emotional performances, brilliant music score and cinematography. The background score by A.R. Rahman as acknowledged by many as one of the finest in his career The film won critical acclaim upon its release.

So its not just the hub bro its a fact that Rhythm was a success.

vithagan
23rd July 2010, 11:29 PM

nice thread by thread starter but i disagree with u completely rhythym was an very touching film and was a superhit and arjun's performance was amazing plus meena was perfect for the role... just because she is pretty doesn't mean she is not fit all. And about ur comment on ARR... the audience in the theatre absolutely loved the music so I think the BGM was very well done. The Dheemthanana song is one of the best songs still of his and will always remain a classic and what perfect picturization by Vasanth in the falls.... its makes u feel like u want to be in the movie 8-)

Yaarume Illadha Kadaiku yaarukku paa Tea aathara

I see "mrsrajan" last post made on Oct 2009. :)

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:30 PM
@Honest Raj

Neenga vijaykanth fan a?

vithagan
23rd July 2010, 11:32 PM
So its not just the hub bro its a fact that Rhythm was a success.

Rhythm is a very nice movie. I loved it.

But Success :confused2: unfortunately its not.

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:32 PM
Sudharsh. .I am not going to seriously argue about Rytham's success..

I know, songs were super duper hit before the release (esp.. that nadhi song by unni menon)..

// from wiki:

good measure of its success lies with the astoundingly low-key emotional performances, brilliant music score and cinematography. The background score by A.R. Rahman as acknowledged by many as one of the finest in his career The film won critical acclaim upon its release. //

Let pyramid Natarajan decide on this :)

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:33 PM
Aadhi failed because of Violence

Yes :exactly:

HonestRaj
@Honest Raj

Neenga vijaykanth fan a?

innaila irundhu kidayaadhu

vithagan
@Honest Raj

Neenga vijaykanth fan a?

:shock: Joke of the Year :lol:

Vijay thread thavira edhayaum paarka maateengaloe :huh:

Sudarsh
@Honest Raj

Neenga vijaykanth fan a?

innaila irundhu kidayaadhu

why Honest?

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:34 PM
@Honest Raj

Neenga vijaykanth fan a?

lol cant u see my comments on many other threads even now i discussed the rhythym film :roll:

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:36 PM
I was joking sudarsh(an?) .. innaiku saayankaalam kooda KTV'la Oomai vizhigaL last 30 mins parthen :)

@Honest Raj

Neenga vijaykanth fan a?

illaye Surya / Thillalangadi threads ellam parkkuraru

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:38 PM
I was joking sudarsh(an?) .. innaiku saayankaalam kooda KTV'la Oomai vizhigaL last 30 mins parthen :)

@Honest Raj

Neenga vijaykanth fan a?

illaye Surya / Thillalangadi threads ellam parkkuraru

not just Vijay ella nalla actors threads parpain from Vivek, Suriya, Prakash Raj, Kamal Hassan, Arjun, Santhanam, Vikram, and many more...

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:40 PM
not just Vijay ella nalla actors threads parpain from Vivek, Suriya, Prakash Raj, Kamal Hassan, Arjun, Santhanam, Vikram, and many more...

<think of gounder's> ahnnn :mrgreen:

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:40 PM
Nan Onu mattum othukarain even after being a Vijay fan I didn't like the last 10 films of him other than Ghilli and Sachein.

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:42 PM
Nan Onu mattum othukarain even after being a Vijay fan I didn't like the last 10 films of him other than Ghilli and Sachein.

இது பாவமன்னிப்பு கேட்கும் இடம் இல்லை (ஜே/கே ~ J/K)

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:42 PM

english la translate pannunga honest lol tamil read pana mudiyatha.

vithagan
23rd July 2010, 11:43 PM

Unga Nermai enakku pidichirukku :)

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:43 PM

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:45 PM
Coming to this topic I want to know what was the reason for Baba's failure it was a very very different story for Rajini why didn't it succeed like Sivaji and Padayappa?

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:45 PM

அர்ஜுனுக்கு இங்கு திரி இல்லை என்பதை குறிப்பிட விரும்புகிறேன் <உடனே யாரும் ஓபன் பண்ணிடாதீங்க.. சரத்குமார் திரியே காணாமல் போய்விட்டது >

அர்ஜுன் திரி என்று எண்ணி எதையும் தவறுதலாக பார்த்திருந்தால் மாற்றிக்கொள்ளுங்கள்

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:46 PM

read panna theriyadhunna.. kaththukkanga

font problem.. padikka mudiyalainna.. trans panren...

"idhu paavamannippu ketkum idam illai"

vithagan
23rd July 2010, 11:46 PM
Coming to this topic I want to know what was the reason for Baba's failure it was a very very different story for Rajini why didn't it succeed like Sivaji and Padayappa?

Considering your post on a serious note..

IMO Poor screenplay !

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:47 PM

அர்ஜுனுக்கு இங்கு திரி இல்லை என்பதை குறிப்பிட விரும்புகிறேன் <உடனே யாரும் ஓபன் பண்ணிடாதீங்க.. சரத்குமார் திரியே காணாமல் போய்விட்டது >

tamil na sonna prayajonam illai na english la type pannunga apo than puriyam :lol:

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:48 PM

IMO Poor screenplay !

appo ivlo neram avaru comedy pannittu irundhaara :roll:

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:49 PM

tamil na sonna prayajonam illai na english la type pannunga apo than puriyam :lol:

Arjun doesn't have a exclusive thread in Hub

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:50 PM

Arjun doesn't have a exclusive thread in Hub

avar ku exclusive thread potalam thread odada nu nenakyarain. Couple of posts will be posted in 2010 and next post will be 2012.

Sudarsh
23rd July 2010, 11:53 PM

IMO Poor screenplay !

appo ivlo neram avaru comedy pannittu irundhaara :roll:

:lol: Screenplay than nannum nenakyarain konjam romba slow a iranthato? Kuselan was a success in malayalam but didn't work out in tamil because of poor direction. Jayam Raja Kuselan remake panina epadi irantharkam yoschu parunga :wink:

HonestRaj
23rd July 2010, 11:53 PM
sudharsh.. try panni paarunga... there might be some silent fans for Arjun.. who might come & say his stunts are better than all others in TFI.. he is a director, so multifaceted etc. etc.

Sudarsh
24th July 2010, 12:00 AM
sudharsh.. try panni paarunga... there might be some silent fans for Arjun.. who might come & say his stunts are better than all others in TFI.. he is a director, so multifaceted etc. etc.

done :wink: lets see how it goes.

Sudarsh
24th July 2010, 12:01 AM
We are actually lucky to have a thread like this where we can give reasons for why movies flopped because in all other actor's threads if u start saying that people will get angry... I'm glad there is a proper thread to discuss this. :wink:

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 12:23 AM
in all other actor's threads if u start saying that people will get angry

:idea: adhaavadhu Madharaasapattinam flop'nu ange sollama indha thread'la sonna makkaL oththuppaanga ... but we have to say with proper reasons

Sudarsh
24th July 2010, 12:24 AM

:idea: adhaavadhu Madharaasapattinam flop'nu ange sollama indha thread'la sonna makkaL oththuppaanga ... but we have to say with proper reasons

pudhu kathai a madrasapattinam epa flop achu?

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 12:32 AM

oru example'ku sonnEn..

:idea: no thread for Arya too :wink:

VinodKumar's
24th July 2010, 12:36 AM

oru example'ku sonnEn..

:idea: no thread for Arya too :wink:

(type) adi (type) adi nu kai solluthu adaku adaku ena manam sollugirathu !!!

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 12:39 AM
oru list pOduvOma.. yaarukkellam thread illainu :lol2:

Sudarsh
24th July 2010, 12:40 AM

athukkai oru thread arimbakalam : List Of Actors Not With Exclusive Threads :D

VinodKumar's
24th July 2010, 12:41 AM

:goodidea: :2thumbsup:

Honest, neenga pulli vacha Sudarsh kolam poduraar. Goot combination !!!

Thalaivar
24th July 2010, 12:42 AM
Wrong actors.
Overacting
Bad cinematography
and other 1000 of things.

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 12:42 AM

appo Aryaavoda vazhkkai :?

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 01:05 AM

annan Krissnar maadhiri idea mattum kuduppen
thambinga neenga ellam Arjunan madhiri (ivaru vera arjun) .. plan execute panradhu unga vElai... :P

Sudarsh
24th July 2010, 01:20 AM

thambinga neenga ellam Arjunan madhiri (ivaru vera arjun) .. plan execute panradhu unga vElai... :P

sarath kumar ku thread illayo? naraya nalla nadigar ku thread illai.

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 01:25 AM
sarath kumar ku thread illayo? naraya nalla nadigar ku thread illai.

Already there was a thread for Supreme Star SarathKumar... try finding it from somewhere in 50th page of this section :roll:

VinodKumar's
24th July 2010, 01:29 AM

Naangalam Pokkiringa oruthar solli yethayum seiya matom engaluka thonuchuna seivom :smokesmirk:

prashanth12
26th July 2010, 01:23 AM
Rhythm is a very nice movie. I loved it.

But Success :confused2: unfortunately its not.

Maybe it was not a blockbuster hit, but who cares. Tamil cinema needs good quiet films like "rhythm" to stay classy, you know.

But the reasons the poster gave for it being a flop are so strange. BGM is bad? I thought everyone agreed Rhythm BGM by A.r. rahman is great. ANd i thought the casting was great, except for Jyothika.

VJerry
26th July 2010, 03:40 PM
Udhaya - Vijay + Simran + Azhagam Permual + ARR.
Big flop, Why? :(

ajaybaskar
26th July 2010, 04:00 PM
Poor execution
Change of crew
Stupid climax
Delay in project

raghavendran
26th July 2010, 05:50 PM
yes...delay was a big drawback...vj would appear in 3 hairstyles....kadhalukku mariyadhai,kushi-shajagan...and thirumalai hairstyles...
thalaivar's music was soul stirring...seriya use pannale

VJerry
26th July 2010, 05:55 PM
Is the movie is incomplete? It runs for 2 hrs only, I think.

Sarna
26th July 2010, 06:26 PM
Udhaya - Vijay + Simran + Azhagam Permual + ARR.
Big flop, Why? :(

After the release of Kushi, I remember reading in some magazine like Udaya starring Vijay is going to be directed by Thirupathi samy. Shooting also started. And in mid, there was some issue and thirupathi samy went to direct Narasimha with Vijayakanth. Before the release of Narasimha, thirupathi samy got expired :(

I think then udaya went to the hand of Azhagam perumaal.

Sarna
26th July 2010, 06:27 PM
Azhagam perumal did Jhoot an ulta of dhool :rotfl: srikanth immitating Vikram :rotfl3:

raajarasigan
27th July 2010, 06:47 PM
Azhagam perumal did Jhoot an ulta of dhool :rotfl: srikanth immitating Vikram :rotfl3:yes.. :lol: one of the very few tamil movies without a hero :P

Sarna,

unga signaturela jilebiya pichu potta maadhiri...enna ezhuthi irukkeenga...

Plum
27th July 2010, 06:55 PM
Joot was actually a remake of a early 90's Sunny Deol movie. So what does that make fo Dhool I dont know!

Sarna
27th July 2010, 06:59 PM
//raajarasigan, that is one of the Indian languages popularly known as kasthuri Kannada :) The name of the man in my avatar is Shankar Nag...full name is Shankar Nagarakatte.... i typed Shankar Nagarakatte in kannada .... that is ಶಂಕರ್ ನಾಗರಕಟ್ಟೆ
I rate him equal to Mahendran as a creator/director 8-) //

Sarna
27th July 2010, 07:06 PM
Joot was actually a remake of a early 90's Sunny Deol movie. So what does that make fo Dhool I dont know!

Story is also like Dhool... hero comes to chennai from village and fights/wins/samaadhifies the non-controllable gooondas/politicians.

but the cherry on the cake is "Srikanth done a mimicry of Dhool vikram like meesai murukkudhal, arms kaattudhal, similar costumes wearing estra estra estra"

u have to watch joot completely to have the fun or sit on the aap :P

hattori_hanzo
27th July 2010, 07:28 PM
Can any one think of why, Anbe Sivam, one of the finest movies made in Tamil Cinema, failed so badly in the box office? I read somewhere that Kamal was hugely disappointed by the failure of AS than other movies. The movie had a fair number of commercial elements too, like Kamal's flashback fight(using an umbrella), Kiran(she was quite famous after Gemini), Madhavan(after Run), very good art direction and of course Aandavar. It was somewhat slow moving but had a very strong message that, IMO, should have reached the masses, if told in a masala-way.

These are the reasons I can come up with:
1. Very low-key release. Kamal, in some of his interviews openly says, AS was not promoted well by its Producers. But my question is, why wasnt there a good word-of-mouth. Sethu, Ullathai Alli Tha too didnt find takers initially but WOM helped them.
2. Pongal release, clashed with Dhool.
3. Makkal expected a triangular love story???
4. Some of my friends who watched the movie on the first day said 'Padathula onnumey illa. Kamal freeya nadichiruppar pola'. Did the message never reach the audience in the way intended?

Sarna
27th July 2010, 07:46 PM
IMHO, I feel Alavandhaan was the one reason for reducing the publics(pamarargal) interest over kamal movies and thus resulted PKS, PT , AS to become commercial failures....

If you see the mediocre thenali was silverjubilee blockbuster movie which got released before Alavandhaan(2001 diwali)... but the very good PKS(2002 pongal) with all commercial elements was a commercial flop since it released immediately after Alavandhaan.

IMHO, UPO's commercial success is because it released after Dasa.

Dilbert
27th July 2010, 07:59 PM
//raajarasigan, that is one of the Indian languages popularly known as kasthuri Kannada :) The name of the man in my avatar is Shankar Nag...full name is Shankar Nagarakatte.... i typed Shankar Nagarakatte in kannada .... that is ಶಂಕರ್ ನಾಗರಕಟ್ಟೆ
I rate him equal to Mahendran as a creator/director 8-) //

Bro, how were you able to get Kannanda letter in your signature?

hattori_hanzo
27th July 2010, 08:18 PM
IMHO, I feel Alavandhaan was the one reason for reducing the publics(pamarargal) interest over kamal movies and thus resulted PKS, PT , AS to become commercial failures....

If you see the mediocre thenali was silverjubilee blockbuster movie which got released before Alavandhaan(2001 diwali)... but the very good PKS(2002 pongal) with all commercial elements was a commercial flop since it released immediately after Alavandhaan.

IMHO, UPO's commercial success is because it released after Dasa.

Sarna, PT was below average in B&C but avg-hit in A centres. Besides having a good run in Sathyam, PT ran in single screens like Tambaram Vidhya and Kasi for 8 weeks.

PKS was definitely a hit in A,B and average in C centers, if im not wrong. It was released along with Azhagi and stayed top for at least 4 or 5 weeks. I remember seeing Mayajaal's advt which said PKS was one of their highest collecting movies.

raajarasigan
27th July 2010, 08:27 PM
For AS failure, we could only blame the concept "atheism" though it was told in a best way... B & C centres would NOT have liked this kind of concept...

forget about the commercial success.. it is a classic forever... classic movies may NOT be having a commercial success

app_engine
27th July 2010, 08:54 PM

Type in "google indic transliterator" and ctrl+c/ctrl+v

Hub allows unicode in most places. One exception I know of is thread titles, no unicode there.
:-)

Sarna
27th July 2010, 08:55 PM
hattori_hanzo, PKS released along with RED, Kannathil muththamittaal and Azhagi. I think ONLY Azhagi was hit and others were flop

one more thing..... unlike today, those days a movie hit in A centre and flop in B& C were considered commercially flop :)

Dilbert
27th July 2010, 09:00 PM
one more thing..... unlike today, those days a movie hit in A centre and flop in B& C were considered commercially flop :)

There can never be a Commerically HIT movie without B & C centre. (Until Indian becomes the World's Largest Economy) :)

Sarna
27th July 2010, 09:06 PM

Type in "google indic transliterator" and ctrl+c/ctrl+v

Hub allows unicode in most places. One exception I know of is thread titles, no unicode there.
:-)

//google indic transliterator is not properly working for kannada :?

I am able to type my name correctly. Actually my name should be written like ಸರವಣ ಕುಮಾರ್ in kannada..... but if I try in "google indic transliterator", end result is ಸರವನ ಕುಮಾರ್

problem is I am not able to type ಣ for non-kannada words... for default kannada words, ಣ is working :? //

btw, app, do u know to read kannada ?

ajaybaskar
27th July 2010, 09:07 PM
Sarna,

Udhaya didnt have anything to do with Thiruppathisaamy. He intented to make 'Velan' with Vijay and Priyanka Chopra in the lead and produced by GV. But due to the unfortunate death of TS, the project was shelved and 'Tamizhan' was made with the same team.

Vijay had committed Udhaya after completing 'Thullatha Manamum Thullum'.

app_engine
27th July 2010, 09:19 PM
btw, app, do u know to read kannada ?

No :-(
I never lived in B'lore, was just a frequent visitor.

One thing I love about google indic (i.e. for Thamizh) is I don't have to worry about la/La/ra/Ra etc or even kuRil nedil when typing words in their database:-) ilaiyaraja / ilayaraja / iLaiyarAjA - each of these will return இளையராஜா when I press space bar:-)

VinodKumar's
27th July 2010, 09:21 PM
Sarna,

Udhaya didnt have anything to do with Thiruppathisaamy. He intented to make 'Velan' with Vijay and Priyanka Chopra in the lead and produced by GV. But due to the unfortunate death of TS, the project was shelved and 'Tamizhan' was made with the same team.

Vijay had committed Udhaya after completing 'Thullatha Manamum Thullum'.

Yes. Enga veetu pakkathula Udaya Rasigar Mandram start pannanga when I was in school.

Sarna
27th July 2010, 09:22 PM

There can never be a Commerically HIT movie without B & C centre. (Until Indian becomes the World's Largest Economy) :)

From longtime, Bollywood industry never depended on B & C centre.

Nowdays, after IT boom, kollywood also not depending in B & C..... innikku TN'la, GVM pappu vEguradhE multiplex(ala A centre)'a nambidhaan :P

one of my friend comment on GVM films :- IT industry'la work panradhaala yEgappatta dipression...adhanaala sariyaa thookkam var'radhilla.....so GVM padaththukku pOvEn.... padam aarambichcha paththaavadhu nimisham thoonga aarambichchiduvEn... nadu nadula var'ra nalla nalla songs thaalaattra maadhiri irukkum :rotfl:

Sarna
27th July 2010, 09:34 PM
ajay, u might be right :)

hattori_hanzo
27th July 2010, 10:24 PM
hattori_hanzo, PKS released along with RED, Kannathil muththamittaal and Azhagi. I think ONLY Azhagi was hit and others were flop

Sarna, I am not sure about Kannathil Muthamittal and Red. But PKS released along with Azhagi and Punnagai Desam(starring Sneha, Raghuvaran's son in Anjali, Ravichandran's son and Dhamu). Enakku therinjavaraikkum PKS kandippa flop illa.

Bala/Anban/Sakala will sure have better reports to support my point of view. This is what I could find:
From Wikipedia:
The film has a moderate run at the BO and it is widely believed to have recovered its budget.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pammal_K._Sambandam

Sudarsh
27th July 2010, 10:28 PM
Saw the film ayarathil oruvan it was a horrible movie and reason seems to be because of the story and screnplay... karthik is a fantastic actor no doubt that can be seen in the movie in all the scenes he has with those two girls hwoever selvaraghavan has done a horrible job in the story and made it too violent... especially second half he has just draggged it for horus and hours and the movie never ends!!!! even at the end it says the chola dynasty continues :shock:.... the film is also very hard to understand especially in second half you have no damn clue of what is happening :roll:

bingleguy
28th July 2010, 01:52 AM
one of my friend comment on GVM films :- IT industry'la work panradhaala yEgappatta dipression...adhanaala sariyaa thookkam var'radhilla.....so GVM padaththukku pOvEn.... padam aarambichcha paththaavadhu nimisham thoonga aarambichchiduvEn... nadu nadula var'ra nalla nalla songs thaalaattra maadhiri irukkum :rotfl:

:rotfl:

prashanth12
28th July 2010, 11:13 AM
Can any one think of why, Anbe Sivam, one of the finest movies made in Tamil Cinema, failed so badly in the box office?

I agree that Anbe Sivam is one of the best movies ever to appear in this industry that is otherwise heavily lacking in quality stories or good character acting...the fact that such a movie fails is a disgrace..

maybe kamal was asking too much of the common viewer. maybe in ten years?

varunlss12
6th August 2010, 12:05 PM
Can any one think of why, Anbe Sivam, one of the finest movies made in Tamil Cinema, failed so badly in the box office?

I agree that Anbe Sivam is one of the best movies ever to appear in this industry that is otherwise heavily lacking in quality stories or good character acting...the fact that such a movie fails is a disgrace..

maybe kamal was asking too much of the common viewer. maybe in ten years?

The very thing is kamal is going a decade forward in tamil cinema... For ex GUNAA ... failed to make hit but little similar to Gunaa kadhal konden became hit...

Take Hey Raam.. i've watched it more than 4 times still i cant understand d story...

His works r grt... Wen i saw Anbe sivam wow thts tremondous work he did...