PDA

View Full Version : BOOK FAIR 2007

VENKIRAJA
6th January 2007, 07:39 PM
PLEASE UPDATE ABOUT IT GUYS.

After Music Festival at Chennai, it is time for the Chennai Book Fair. This time it's not at Quaid-E-Milleth College at Anna Salai. The Chennai Book Fair 2007 is coming up at St George Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School campus at Poonamallee High Road opposite to Pachaiyappas CollegeThe 30th Chennai Book Fair will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister on January 10, 2007. The office bearers of BAPASI - Book Sellers and Publishers Association of South India are upbeat about this year Chennai Book Fair.

Chennai Book Fair, this year , will be spread over an area of 25 acres, three times the area of the last year's venue. There could be 410 stalls compared to last years 310 stalls. Last year there were 5 lakh visitors and the organizers expect 12 lakh visitors this year.

Chennai Book Fair is rated next to the Delhi and Kolkata Book Fair, at all India level and large no of books are sold. This year, the organizers plan for exhibiting 4.00 lakh titles and the total books on display is expected to be around 400 lakhs.

The new location, on a 25-acre campus, has space for the parking of up to 1,000 cars and 5,000 two-wheelers.

With regard to the location not being in the heart of city of Madras, the organizers state that half the visitors to the book fair came by car and some 25 per cent by two-wheelers. For those who commuted by public transport the Chetpet and Nungambakkam stations were fairly close.

Regular visitors to Chennai Book Fair will agree that the Quaid E Millath College campus was inadequate for the ever increasing book lovers visiting the Book Fair.

One can hope that the new venue will make the visit to Chennai Book Fair a refreshing experience for the book lovers of Chennai.

sipi
6th January 2007, 07:46 PM
yea, its good idea to putup chennai book fair at george anglo indian hr.sec.school... there will be lack of space to visit every stall... hope no need to hurry compare to previous years... lets wait & see...

VENKIRAJA
6th January 2007, 07:54 PM
actually,where is that place.i reside near poonamalee though.not heard of such a school

sipi
6th January 2007, 07:58 PM
oops!!! you didnt heard that school??? its asia's largest school ( i mean about the space - ground area --- 8 yrs back its cost aroundly 500 crores)

well do u know pachaiyappa college? or aminjikarai?? which place do u know in poonamallee high road?

VENKIRAJA
6th January 2007, 08:02 PM
i'm near porur,backside of sri ramachandra hospital.i guess the fair is in the other end.however my dad'll know.thkz sipi.i know amjikarai.what are u doing?student?check my update in karuppu tajmahal.

sipi
6th January 2007, 08:15 PM
oh... if u know aminjikarai.. its ok.. its very near to aminjikarai... you come from aminjikarai towards the road to pachaiyappa college.. there will be a petrol banks Bharat petroleum & Indian Oil pakathil pakathil irukum.. adhuku next andha school thaan... veliya irundhu paarthale theriyum there will be a very big ground... school konjam old building... red bricks la kattinadhu... you can easily find it...

i am not student... i finished my masters degree last year itself. karuppu tajmahal? poems thaane? paarkiren venki... poems padika konjam free mind vendum....

sipi
7th January 2007, 03:20 PM
30th chennai book fair

Date: 10th jan to 21st jan
Time: week days 2.pm to 8:30 pm
week ends & holidays 11 am to 8:30 pm
Venue: St. George Anglo Indian Hr. Sec School.
Poonamallee High Road, (between aminjikarai to pachaiyappa
college) Opp to Pachaiyappa college.

Opening Ceremony : Book fair inauguration starts on 10th jan 2007 wednesday 5. pm
presentation of awards & inaugural address by the CM of TN Dr. Kalaignar.

award winners:
Best Publishers - Prema Publishers, chennai.
Best writer - Mr. Prabanjan
Best child writer - Mr. E. S. Hariharan
Best Book seller award - Agathiyar Book sellers, Trichy.

------------------------
for more details check this site - http://www.bapasi.org

sipi
10th January 2007, 09:10 PM
It starts today, anyone visited there & heared a speech in on there?

Chennai Bus Transport allotted special bus to book fair.

Specially vairamuthu's writings (vairamuthu kavidhaigal, karuvachi kaaviyam & kalli kaatu idhigasam) will read over there.

And heard that, there is lot of new things done for book fair. Is any one visited, can give a brief about that...

I planned to go on sunday... hope it will be a good pass time... :)

madhu
11th January 2007, 09:50 PM
HI..

I too planned to visit on Sunday.

We need more time to check and select.

:bluejump: :redjump:

VENKIRAJA
13th January 2007, 04:04 PM
ME TOO!MORNING MAYBE 9.00,WITH SEVEN OF MY FRIENDZ.

sipi
13th January 2007, 04:18 PM
hey, its start at 11 only... dont go very early

VENKIRAJA
13th January 2007, 05:08 PM
how was ur experience?was it too crowdy?give it detailing boss.

sipi
13th January 2007, 05:22 PM
venki, i said, me too planned on sunday only... but, today i have a look.. there is lot of space on free queue.. so, dont worry about crowd. they planned neatly... good work... anyway, i will tell more about tomorrow.

VENKIRAJA
14th January 2007, 09:33 PM
thanks sipi.i went today and had gr8 time.i've written all my experiences below.