PDA

View Full Version : Interesting things you would like to see in Tamil Cinema

girishk14
10th January 2007, 09:59 AM
I strongly feel that tamil movies these days have no new stories. Most of the movies are masala entertainers and they are made commercially without anything new in them. Even the best movies of 2006, Varalaaru and VV didnt have many new things in the stories. Use this thread to discuss the new concept u would like in tamil fims. I think the films this year that were made with a new approach were mainly Veyyil and E.

No bashing and have healthy discussions on what we should expect from future tamil films

Tia
11th January 2007, 01:12 AM
Well...i dunno..i spose so! but girish...wht type of new story do u want? :roll:

Amarshiva
11th January 2007, 01:29 AM
Well...i dunno..i spose so! but girish...wht type of new story do u want? :roll:

typical kind of sivakasi,tirupachi,athi.. all are the same masala kind of stuff from VJ.. actually he should try doing like..kadalukku mariyatahi, minsara kanavu kind of stories..

hey..- i m not attacking any one.. just kidding.. the first 3 movies are repetitive types and other 2 have thier inviduality that's what I meant..

if that is the case, you could count imsai arasan also man, nbody dared to touch historical themes these days.. good attempt .. of course I heard E is the best for year 2006 ( new concept- not about the collection)

Tia
11th January 2007, 02:30 AM
yeh mee too...i want betta stuff than thirupachi and sivakasi :cry2: sumthing like ghilli is good for me :D although its not incredibly different...i liked it :D

but i meant like....anyone gonna write a brief summary or bullet points of a story they want? sumthing different? :roll:

yeh i gess E was different...kinda of a story which mixed the brainy people and poorer side to make a movie...:roll:

mareen
11th January 2007, 05:38 AM
VV was a kinda new concept to me killings in diff countries !!

ok now u said it 100th time E is a Good movie ... v heard u the first time ... but whats there to Pull last year 95 movies released most of them are diff .. every every lets say an Average of 100 movies ... surely some ideas miust've run out :D

nickraman
11th January 2007, 05:48 AM
Yes.

Sundar C and Vijay's movies mainly. That's all I've seen so far. While Sundar C focuses on the routine formula, Vijay's latest is that the key to his career is remaking telugu movies. Leave that to M.Raja, who started the trend before Vijay followed.

Raja remakes GOOD telugu movies wheras Vijay remakes movies where he can become a limelight hogger and hog all the glory of the original.Even his comedy with Vadivelu aren't mindblowing. Just look at Aathi, Athnakodae was a super-hit for focusing on backstory of characters and the gore was not as graphic as Aathi was, hence it flopped.

It looks like Pokiri is following suit, from the looking at the "translated" snaps.We need more different concepts like E.

Wibha
11th January 2007, 07:11 AM
tamil movies r just repetition in some way or the other....v should have like some cool movies with new stuff

somthing like Home Alone
or some new story base rather than same hero-heroine based movies

Designer
11th January 2007, 08:04 AM
how about a 'thriller' like WHISTLE, a heroine-villi story ?

NOV
11th January 2007, 08:26 AM
how about a 'thriller' like WHISTLE, a heroine-villi story ?Whistle is a shameless copy of Urban legends. :roll:

Designer
11th January 2007, 08:33 AM
how about a 'thriller' like WHISTLE, a heroine-villi story ?Whistle is a shameless copy of Urban legends. :roll:

athu oru Example-ku than sonnEn. btw, copy paNNiyaavathu yEthavathu puthusa senjaangLE ? neraya pEr Urban Legends paathurukka maattaanga.

NOV
11th January 2007, 08:37 AM
copy pannaama pudhusaa vandhadhu E :P

Kumar
11th January 2007, 09:06 AM
One movie that got my attention was Maha Nadigan. This movie was brave enough to reflect on itself- with all the dirty laundry and absurdities.

Also, has anyone seen Kung Fu Hustle? This Hong Kong movie was a great comedy, with slick special effects and awesome martial arts. I'm still waiting for a well produced Indian martial arts focused film (preferably Tamil).

girishk14
11th January 2007, 10:13 AM
Lets see..my selection of recent newly approached movies are:

Raam: Suspense Murder Thriller

Dishoom: Gentle love story with no obscenity

E: A scientific topic picturised in a very tamilian and understandable way. It was a movie that even a villager could understand without problems.

Veyyil: Awesome new story!

Thiruttu Payalae: A daring and interesting venture of susi ganesan with a totally different story with many climaxes :D

Emtan Magan: A new appraoch to a family topic. However, i felt this was a slight adaptation from Mega serials.

Please do not bash me coz i mentioned all the jeeva movies here. Other recent movies i liked were Varalaaru, CM, Anniyan, Ghajini, Thambi and Pattiyal. However, i felt these movies were mostly same stories repeated again or they were copied from Hollywood movies

osama_sword
11th January 2007, 11:28 PM
Nasser comes n tells Kamal that he might be an influential person but for him to perform his duty kamal needs to control the public.... Kamal accepts.... Nasser tells Kamal that je might even be hanged to death...

Kamal with tears in his eyes n unbeatable bodylanguage n facial expressions says -- " Ayya naan 8 vayasuliye sethu poiruka vendiyadhu".... terrific.... withing 30 seconds of 1 line dialogue n expressions he told a story of a misguided youth n shattered life of an old man :clap:

We need stories n scripts that can give scope for performance like that :exactly:

osama_sword
11th January 2007, 11:32 PM

DISHOOM: Gentle love story with no obscenity

E: A scientific topic picturised in a very tamilian and understandable way. It was a movie that even a villager could understand without problems.

Thiruttu Payalae: A daring and interesting venture of susi ganesan with a totally different story with many climaxes :D

Emtan Magan: A new appraoch to a family topic. However, i felt this was a slight adaptation from Mega serials.

Please do not bash me coz i mentioned all the jeeva movies here. Other recent movies i liked were Varalaaru, CM, Anniyan, Ghajini, Thambi and Pattiyal. However, i felt these movies were mostly same stories repeated again or they were copied from Hollywood movies

Raam : PITHAMAGAN N NANDA

Dishoom : On the lines of PAMMAL K SAMANDHAM

E : Accepted new theme but scenes was like any other film.

Veyyil: Autograph , Azhagi touches ellam nichiyama iruku.

Thiruttu Payalae : Derailed reversed :lol2:

Emtan Magan : Very very old story n mega serial touch :clap: ladies watched a mega serial in theatre so it ran well :exactly:

I oppose ur views

osama_sword
11th January 2007, 11:38 PM
If u think stories r repetitive.... all of our lives r repetitive too...

May be we can be creative n result of creativitiy is only those superman fights... if u want real life stories its a joke man.

Even engineering students' projects r rehashed n repeated many times.... how about movies :lol2:

girishk14
13th January 2007, 09:26 AM

DISHOOM: Gentle love story with no obscenity

Raam : PITHAMAGAN N NANDA

Dishoom : On the lines of PAMMAL K SAMANDHAM

E : Accepted new theme but scenes was like any other film.

Veyyil: Autograph , Azhagi touches ellam nichiyama iruku.

Thiruttu Payalae : Derailed reversed :lol2:

Emtan Magan : Very very old story n mega serial touch :clap: ladies watched a mega serial in theatre so it ran well :exactly:

I oppose ur views

well. Osama u oppose my views and i strongly oppose yours. Raam had nothing to do with Pithamagan and Nanda. It may be a bit similar to Nanda but it had perfectly no relation to Pithamagan. It was a totally new concept. i cant belive u are comparing Dishoom PKS. PKS has nothing to do with Dishoom! they are totally different concepts. E had a new theme and u cannot accuse the screenplay. Unless it had that kind of screenplay, many ppl wouldnt have understood the movie. Veyil is also a different story and u cant say that it is similar to other movies. I agree with u about TP and EM MAGAN!