PDA

View Full Version : India and China

girishk14
10th January 2007, 10:35 AM
We read in magazines like Outlook everyday that India and China are the 2 major Asian Powers which are soon going to become the economic giants of Asia. Post articles related to this topic and also state ur opinions.

thimuru
10th January 2007, 08:50 PM
as arundhathi roy said

"india is not super-power...its super-poor" as of now!..we are dreaming...dreaming...dreaming and made to dream!

and also "if we dont realise the reality how can we take measures"..as said by her!...lets look what we are at present!

china - no comments..i believe america helps us to make us powerful in this region where china has developed into the most powerful nation

sipi
10th January 2007, 09:26 PM
as arundhathi roy said

"india is not super-power...its super-poor" as of now!..we are dreaming...dreaming...dreaming and made to dream!

But Dr.Abdul Kalam never accept India is under-developing country. He says India is a developed country.

Whether, he is 100 % true or not thats secondary thing. but, india is not poor its one of a super-power country in the world. Thats why America always have a look on INDIA developments. and more than that, just look up from last 5 years. Before 2000, in all over the year, 5 to 7 foreign delegate will visit to INDIA. But it now, specially last year more than 60 foreign delegates visits to INDIA. All are not an ordinary ones. With in a week of selection, Czheck PM visited to INDIA. Even, they didnt settle down there, but the first move is to INDIA.

and remember one thing.. maybe most of the INDIAN are poor but not INDIA. naama seira thappu & thavarugala ellam namma naatu mela pottu adhoda thagudhiya kulaikadhinga...

Nerd
10th January 2007, 09:31 PM
The economic growth of India is nowhere near to that of china and I dont see India catching up atleast in the next five years 8-)

sipi
10th January 2007, 09:34 PM
We read in magazines like Outlook everyday that India and China are the 2 major Asian Powers which are soon going to become the economic giants of Asia. Post articles related to this topic and also state ur opinions.

Now, i comes to your point girish, why they specially mentioned about INDIA & CHINA are :

all the firms focus to investment in these 2 countries. There will be a big growth to invest in shares & other funds.

second, labours here (in india & china) they can easily find about low cost labours. and both we and china have lot of graduates looks for a good job. at the same, foreign companies can recruit with low salary. so, all the foreign companies interested to open their branches in INDIA & CHINA and they can invest here too.

so, its possible that INDIA & CHINA moving towards their high goal to make a good economic strategy...

actually, i mentioned abt a very familiar points.. more than this, there is alot in there...

thimuru
10th January 2007, 09:34 PM
as arundhathi roy said

But Dr.Abdul Kalam never accept India is under-developing country. He says India is a developed country.

Whether, he is 100 % true or not thats secondary thing. but, india is not poor its one of a super-power country in the world. Thats why America always have a look on INDIA developments. and more than that, just look up from last 5 years. Before 2000, in all over the year, 5 to 7 foreign delegate will visit to INDIA. But it now, specially last year more than 60 foreign delegates visits to INDIA. All are not an ordinary ones. With in a week of selection, Czheck PM visited to INDIA. Even, they didnt settle down there, but the first move is to INDIA.

and remember one thing.. maybe most of the INDIAN are poor but not INDIA. naama seira thappu & thavarugala ellam namma naatu mela pottu adhoda thagudhiya kulaikadhinga...

u r watching one side of the coin!

can u justify the bolded line?

sipi
10th January 2007, 09:36 PM
but, he asked about the economic growth... INDIA is moving towards in ECONOMIC. i am sure about that.

sipi
10th January 2007, 09:46 PM
maybe most of the INDIAN are poor but not INDIA.

me too like to mention the same.. you talks about the one side, which now india is not in good. but, there is an another side, what foreign investors thinks about india.... you dont expect all can happen within at time. it took time to change all. and girish talked about the future, maybe now we have some negatives but i am damn sure, it never be in future and surely INDIA will grow economically. thats my point. thats i mentioned in my statement which you blocked.

maybe now INDIAN are poor means, we have some negatives and we didnt have any option. but, it never be in future. and now a days, a chappal stitcher also interested to give education to his child. this is the growth. and after some time, his child will be educated and can get a good job. so, in future not only india and also indian will be superbbbbbb.... i dont have doubt in it.

and thimiru, are u from where?

kannannn
10th January 2007, 09:46 PM
Dr. Abdul Kalam's statements should be taken with a pinch of salt. They are meant for school kids. Coming to the topic, there was a program on Channel 4, not long ago, comparing the economic growth of India and China. One of the comments was: whereever you go in China, the cities fee so cosmopolitan that they wouldn't be out of place in a western country. Unfortunately the same can't be said of India. Namma economic development cinema ticket rate'la mattum thaan theriyudhu.

thimuru
10th January 2007, 09:52 PM
maybe most of the INDIAN are poor but not INDIA.

me too like to mention the same.. you talks about the one side, which now india is not in good. but, there is an another side, what foreign investors thinks about india.... you dont expect all can happen within at time. it took time to change all. and girish talked about the future, maybe now we have some negatives but i am damn sure, it never be in future and surely INDIA will grow economically. thats my point. thats i mentioned in my statement which you blocked.

maybe now INDIAN are poor means, we have some negatives and we didnt have any option. but, it never be in future. and now a days, a chappal stitcher also interested to give education to his child. this is the growth. and after some time, his child will be educated and can get a good job. so, in future not only india and also indian will be superbbbbbb.... i dont have doubt in it.

and thimiru, are u from where?

sipi...im not pessimistic...how can i be like that after seeing that man in ur photo :D Im AN OPTIMIST LIKE YOU

The point is unless we realise the reality its hard to achieve the dream!

ofcourse we are having lots of foriegn investors...IT boom...etc...but real development must take place at the roots...the villages..what abt the condition of agriculture now in all states...hat must be given importance!

Im from Tamilnadu....Native Erode

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2007, 11:35 PM
Ecnomic giants? - It is the day when India outsource the work to US and all US software giants works in night and supports the project which is running in India :twisted: I am dreaming for that day!

Rohit
11th January 2007, 02:44 AM
Generally, high return economic activities involve the exchange of high quality, high-tech products and services for money; while the low return economic activities involve the exchange of agricultural products, raw materials, low quality products and services for money.

The economies that are based on the former type of economic model, develop faster; while the economies that are based on the latter type of economic model, develop slower. The development of the west is attributed to the former model, which was started, supported and sustained by the scientific and technological advancement. While the stagnation of the third world countries and most eastern countries is attributed to the latter model, which severely lacked in scientific and technological sustenance, Japan being the only exception.

In order to provide employment to large masses such as of China and India, the development and growth of manufacturing industry is essential. Service industry such as IT, insurance, media, distribution, banking, finance, etc. cannot provide employment to such large masses.

The main difference between Chinese economy and Indian economy:

China has strong manufacturing industry with wide range of high-tech, household and domestic products; has strong agriculture, and it has almost overtaken India in service sector.

While the Indian economy is dependent on agriculture, export of raw materials, household goods, strong IT industry; but has comparatively very weak manufacturing industry.

Among the big countries like America, China, Brazil and India, the country that would maintain the edge in scientific field and technological innovation and succeeds in sustaining growing manufacturing industry, producing high quality, high-tech products with high returns would be the economic superpower.

Looking at the state of affairs on the arena, China, rather than India is more likely to be the superpower of future and that too within a decade or two.

rocketboy
11th January 2007, 08:44 AM
I will never say that India is an economic gaint. One section of the society is getting richer and richer (the urban mass ) while a significant percentage of the population continue to rot . Is this what you call economic development? One one hand we have states like Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Punjab which are forerunners in economic growth and on the other hand we have states likes Bihar , Jharkhand . Even in an industrialised state like Maharastra there is widespread disparity between differnt parts of the state . ( Tamilnadu is lot lot better than most of the states) I feel really sorry for people living in these areas. Life in these places at most times does not offer anything to look forward to. The future is very bleak :cry: . Economic reforms should focus primarily on these poor people .

girishk14
11th January 2007, 09:51 AM
My opinion is that India is developed in every aspect other than infraastructure. If India comes up in Infrastructure, i think it can be an economic giant. Indian have very good knowledge of English and that is why the industry is booming so much in India. Once the Chinese become better in their English Knowledge, they will surely overthrow India. India has to do something do catch up.

Or else, India has to wait for 15 more years to see the next Bill Gates. :D :D :P thats me!!!!!

Erica
11th January 2007, 09:43 PM
Or else, India has to wait for 15 more years to see the next Bill Gates. :D :D :P thats me!!!!!
Ha!!!! :lol: That was cute :) All the very best Girish :) and we never mind waiting :oops:

Nerd
11th January 2007, 09:45 PM
My opinion is that India is developed in every aspect other than infraastructure.

But How?? With a population of over a billion and counting ??? No way dude !!

Erica
11th January 2007, 09:50 PM
Yep :D Definitely India is growing very rapidly........ not just as an Economic Giant but also in Corruption, Population, Crime, Congestion and what not? :roll:

Sanguine Sridhar
12th January 2007, 12:10 AM
Is boom in IT is the only way of making a successful economy? It will never happen.

It is always better to concentrate the postive aspects of a country.Improve agriculture and tourism. Agriculture and Tourism are the most important asset of India.

Use most of the profits in agriculture,give more offers to farmers,export the invaluable grains to western\eastern countries,increase the revenue, spend most of the money again in agricultre and tourism,attract the foreigners,there are fantastic tourist spots unnoted in India, if a state has around 100's of tourist spots,when it comes to whole India there should be 1000's of beautiful tourist spots,maintain that.More Importantly to do these things our Politicians heart must be pure and clean.

Now our politicians are cheating us by showing the false growth, called IT. Many of us including me are working for a western based clients who throws few pieces of bones for a heavy bundle work, Is this called as growth?? Whose mistake is this, Politicians are magnifying the minor growth of IT by building big Techno Parks. It is the route through which you attract the foriegn based companies and there by you are introduing more cheap coolies to be hired by the western\eastern based companies, but you call them as IT Professionals which is nothing but a big comedy!What is the use of techno parks? Are we working for India or Indian based clients there?? never!

What is the use of talking about the so called growth of IT? parallely there are 100's of farmers commits suicide due to poverty! It happened in some places of Andhra and south Tamil Nadu.Shame on the politicians!!

thimuru
12th January 2007, 11:53 AM
yes shridhar!..tourism is not given importance in India...infact weve good places for touring..leaving away the best place kashmir...there are some wonderful tourist spots especially kerala and eastern sides of himalayas,forrest region in far west!...we have lots of natural resources

girishk14
13th January 2007, 09:14 AM
ya tourism. there are some parts of Karnataka which can be developed very well for toursim. the government is juz too lazy or something.. My opinion is to control population. the population should be wide spread and not restricted to certain cities. the rural parts of India should be developed and population shouldbe transferred there. If the population is evenly distributed all over the landmass, there wont be much overcrowding

girishk14
13th January 2007, 09:16 AM
Ha!!!! :lol: That was cute :) All the very best Girish :) and we never mind waiting :oops:

hey. thanks! :notworthy: :ty: :2thumbsup: i will surely try my best to excel and do MBA and all!

sipi
13th January 2007, 05:09 PM
Yep :D Definitely India is growing very rapidly........ not just as an Economic Giant but also in Corruption, Population, Crime, Congestion and what not? :roll:

:evil: :evil: :evil: certainly not.. india is not first in the corruption. and also in black money UK is in the top, population china, crime even usa tops the india....

INDIA is one of the best...

and guys... i didnt know why u r confuse about the topic.. .its talks about the future... if any one of you think, india is not economically developed now, surely it will happen in future.. why no one didnt accept that. more than that, compares to other countries india really developed in economic as higher, as much as now.

if the part of village not developed means, it took some time for all... dont expect all can happen at one.

Tia
14th January 2007, 03:45 AM
First thing...India and China make a third of the whole wordls population....roughly 1 billion in each :shock: if the population is sorted out the rest should be easier...:roll: but defo India and China are gonna be better than USA n places in the future cos thats what we discussed about in geography and history last year about all the chances tht we are gonna drop down and they are gonna come up....

basically if population gets controlled (gonna take a lot of years) and then they collect money up shud be jujubee after tht!

Tia
14th January 2007, 03:57 AM
Well i dunno which type of economy you are talking about so i'll just give the link...here are the worlds statistics of all types of economy and check out where India and China are in for each one of emmm

realiable website and u can also see which rank the countries are in everysingle catogory from population, to crime to disease to sports...

http://www.nationmaster.com/cat/eco-economy

Tia
4th February 2007, 08:14 PM
Well...right now we're studying about globalization in geography and stuff...so i was doing some research for my homework and found this bbc website....

predictions of China in 20 years time! WOAH!

it goes
China
USA
India
(GDP by purchasing power)

fingers crosses....Indias gonna be powerful :D

crazy
4th February 2007, 08:20 PM
China is doing well and I wish them good luck(as if my wishes gonna make any difference to them)

India is quite ok. Its growing, not sure how fast :)

Tia
4th February 2007, 08:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/guides/456900/456964/html/nn1page1.stm

WOO! they're expecting India to have taken over China by 2030! dats less than 23 years! but both will be quite powerful hopefully :D

It feels really nice to think about that :D

Tia
4th February 2007, 08:25 PM
Anyone got any questions to do with China and its future to do with globalization?

cos if you give me a question...it means a part of my hw is done :D

i need to think of 3 questions myself and write the answers myself too :roll: can't think of any questions :S

crazy
4th February 2007, 08:29 PM
In which way is china better than india?

is this a ok question, tia?

Tia
4th February 2007, 08:31 PM
Yep thanks crazy! :D

crazy
4th February 2007, 08:39 PM
How come a communist country like china deal with globalization?
Has communism something to do with china's development and globalization?

Tia
4th February 2007, 08:46 PM
WOW! AWESOME! :D thankyou soo much crazy! these are real good questions :D

crazy
4th February 2007, 08:49 PM
ur welcome kutty

good luck with ur HW :)

Tia
4th February 2007, 08:50 PM
Aww Thanks! :D