PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Mass Hero Of South India

Pages : [1] 2

nerdy
12th January 2007, 03:12 PM
Guys

Please discuss about the Biggest Mass hero of the South India.

Alek Niranjan
12th January 2007, 03:24 PM
Ofcourse Chiranjeevi.. no second thought.

nerdy
12th January 2007, 03:25 PM
One and Only Mega Star Chiranjeevi

nerdy
12th January 2007, 03:28 PM
Till Chandramukhi , Chiranjeevi was the highest paid actor.

Movie Cop
18th January 2007, 08:24 AM
This poll is a no brainer. do we even need a poll :?: It's Rajnikanth hands down. Chiranjeevi may be the bigest mass hero from Andhra but when it comes to overall South India - Rajnikanth is the biggest mass hero... even bollywod superstars like Amitabh &
Shahrukh envy Rajnikanth. :)

Wibha
18th January 2007, 08:53 AM
der should b AMITABH and KAMAL :D dese four have da most number of fans :D

bingleguy
18th January 2007, 09:07 AM
well Mass means ..... definitely both stand ahead !

Chiru and Rajini have a real Mass fan following .... infact to be precise MASS FAN !

Chiru and Rajini have many things in common.... right from style of living, acting, good deeds thru fan clubs, good deeds personally .....

Tharasil iruvarum sari samam :-)

nerdy
18th January 2007, 05:55 PM
This poll is a no brainer. do we even need a poll :?: It's Rajnikanth hands down. Chiranjeevi may be the bigest mass hero from Andhra but when it comes to overall South India - Rajnikanth is the biggest mass hero... even bollywod superstars like Amitabh &
Shahrukh envy Rajnikanth. :)

Yes absolutely Chiranjeevi.. His movies are very famous in Karanataka and Chennai other than ANdhra

His Mass power is unbeatble

Alek Niranjan
18th January 2007, 06:13 PM
This is specially for Movie Cop..

Let me tell you.. Chiranjeevi was the highest paid actor till chandramukhi.. this was already told in this blog.. and let me erase you the idea of getting enviable from top stars like amitabh and sharukh.. they still dont get paid as much as south indian big stars... Amitabh came to felicitate chiru on getting padmabhushan award ceremony and was stunned to see response of that huge crowd he has seen while coming from airport till the auditorium.. No doubt he is versatile actor but when comes to comparison the so called big heads of bollywood amitab and sharukh are not par with chiru's charisma or image.. and coming to rajni... chiru has done LOTS for his fans and for the people.. and i can see it clearly that neither rajni nor his fans has done anything good for the society as what chiru or his fans done..

None of the Rajni's movie has released in direct tamil.. not even in capital city like Hyderabad.. but our chiru movies have a straight release in direct telugu in chennai.. they ran for more than 50 days...

Only star whose movies have crossed 40 Cr landmark in entire south indian film industry for 4 times.. Now that is what our MEGA STAR is..

Now its your turn..

One and only MEGA STAR..

CHIRU just ROCKS....

thimuru
18th January 2007, 06:36 PM
in south india???????????????

chiranje

evi has mass only in andra...

so he is not!

kamal - tamilnadu,kerala,andra and karnataka!..he have given hits all over an got number of fans everywhere

rajni : he has also got fans in andra,karnataka and kerala...but how much must be said by the people of concerning states

ajithfederer
18th January 2007, 09:20 PM
do chiranjeevi movies release in any states other than andhra :roll:

It has to be easily rajinikanth , as his movies open in all the 4 states in the south 8-)

nerdy
18th January 2007, 09:38 PM
Ajith Federer

Yes Chiru movies are releasing In All over Karnataka. And Chennai without dubbing.

Can Raini release a movie in Andhra without dubbing?

nerdy
18th January 2007, 09:42 PM
During 80's and early 90's lot of chiranjeevi movies dubbed in Tamil and made money for distributors.

Editor Mohan(Jeyam Ravi's father) distributed chiranjeevi movies and other telugu movies and made money/.

Erica
18th January 2007, 11:08 PM
SuperStar Rajinikanth without a doubt :thumbsup:

nerdy, Chennai is not whole Tamilnadu. Chiru's dubbed movies would make money only in Chennai. Rajini's dubbed movies make money in whole Andhra, Karnataka and Kerala ( ofcourse, Kamal movies do well in Kerala than RK's).

Superstar movies r even dubbed in Japanese and French :wink:

ajithfederer
18th January 2007, 11:24 PM
Rajini movies release directly all over tn and in andhra......i assume that it releases in kerala as well as in karnataka too..may be hard core rajini fans like nerd and bay might have some answers for this....

IMO, rajini has a strong foothold in andhra whereas chiru can't boast of the same in Tamil nadu.... 8-)

Ajith Federer

Yes Chiru movies are releasing In All over Karnataka. And Chennai without dubbing.

Can Raini release a movie in Andhra without dubbing?

Nerd
19th January 2007, 12:11 AM
AF and others I dont want to argue here because there is nothing to say. Rajini is the biggest mass hero of south India, without an iota of doubt 8-)

Source(s)
The run of his movies in all the 4 southern states
CNN-IBN',
NDTV,
Times of India,
The Hindu,
Sify,
Indiaglitz

and what not 8-) 8-) 8-)

NewOne
19th January 2007, 12:19 AM
funny thread :rotfl:

m_23_bayarea
19th January 2007, 12:40 AM
Even my Telugu co-workers had no doubt when I showed this thread to them!! :P

nerdy
19th January 2007, 10:13 AM

Not as funny as ..... :P

nerdy
19th January 2007, 10:15 AM

Perhaps you had asked your Teleugu Collegues who are Not a Chiru Fan.

Alek Niranjan
19th January 2007, 10:25 AM
Haha..

we are discussing here with Chiru and rajni comparison.. dont bring kamal here.. he is far more superior to both these actors.. and mind you guyz.. kamal is not a mass hero.. he is completely different...

what a joke.. ajit federer .. pls live in reality.. i accept chennai is not whole tamilnadu.. but show me one movie of rajni which released in andhra without dubbing.. ... .. before declaring something .. we need to back up our comments.. also let me tell u.. even sai kumar's dubbing movie ran for 100 days in andhra and karnataka.. so do you mean that sai kumar is tremendous mass puller??

and nerd said to look at the sources..

CNN-IBN',
NDTV,
Times of India,
The Hindu,
Sify,
Indiaglitz

all these so callled sources are biased...

SIFY never gave chiru movies a better ranking including indra and tagore which are biggest blockbusters and crossed 40 Cr landmark..

coming to hindu.. they themselves published that chiru is one and only icon in south indian film industry without any doubt..

so brother.. all these sources are biased... so we shud not rely on this ....

hey m_23_bayarea... to which telugu co-workers have you shown this thread ??? i believe they live in a different world....

CHIRU .... God of Masses..

thimuru
19th January 2007, 10:29 AM
see...

if "biggest star within a state is considered"

i believe chiru will win

but rajni has support all over southindia

nerdy
19th January 2007, 10:33 AM
SuperStar Rajinikanth without a doubt :thumbsup:

nerdy, Chennai is not whole Tamilnadu. Chiru's dubbed movies would make money only in Chennai. Rajini's dubbed movies make money in whole Andhra, Karnataka and Kerala ( ofcourse, Kamal movies do well in Kerala than RK's).

Superstar movies r even dubbed in Japanese and French :wink:

Rajni got a Fame in Andhra after Basha.. In that time also Satheeleelavathi is a bigger hit than Basha in Telugu because of Tremendous Family Audience Support. And Mutuu ,Padyappa are hits. Biggest hit of Rajni is Chandra Mukhi (A Crap Movie) that too because of Hype Created In Tamil Version. First of Week of its Release , trade declared this movie as Flop. That too is not a superhit like Anniyan.

RajniKanth Movie is not released in All over the Karanataka. His movie released in Bangalore and few parts of Karnataka. But Chiru movies released in all over the Karnataka.

And Chiru has More fans than Rajni kanth. And he cares his fans better than Rajni kanth.Chiru is not using his fans for his personal attacks with Politiicians.

Rajikanth voice is Chella Kasu in Politics.But not in Chiranjeevi Case.

Moreover if chiru movie released in Chennai,it would have 100% opening. Not same for Rajnikanth in Andhra.

The people who watch Rajnikanth moives mostly are chriufans.

Last but not least, Till date Kamal has more fans than Rajni Kanth because of His class movies and has more hits than Rajni.

Can we Call Kamal is a Mass Hero because of Giving hits in Andhra?

nerdy
19th January 2007, 10:36 AM
see...

i believe chiru will win

Not in Andhra ofcourse as you speak.

NewOne
19th January 2007, 10:38 AM

but funnier than ..... :razz:

nerdy
19th January 2007, 11:01 AM

but funnier than ..... :razz:

Not funnier than Funniest .... :P

thimuru
19th January 2007, 12:20 PM
see...

i believe chiru will win

but rajni has more support in andra than chiru in tamil nadu

nerdy
19th January 2007, 12:40 PM
see...

i believe chiru will win

but rajni has more support in andra than chiru in tamil nadu

Chiru has very good support in Chennai but not Rajnikanch has in Hyderabad.

thimuru
19th January 2007, 12:42 PM
how many ciru movies ran 100 days in tamilnadu!

how abt chandramukhi run in andra!

compare

Alek Niranjan
19th January 2007, 02:37 PM
Now this thread is becoming funnier..

Thimuru.. Now its ur turn to answer me.

Did any of rajni's direct movie ran for atleast 10 days in Andhra?

You have google at your end.. pls search in that and come back to me. If a dubbing movie running for 100 days makes heros as biggest mass heros then we have a lots of choice here.. not only chiru or rajni.. we have sai kumar , mammooty , upendra movies which ran for more than 75 -100 days in andhra.. so let us not discuss on this silly subject...

I can show indra and Tagore of chiru movies running for more than 50 days in chennai..

i need only 1 movie of rajni's direct movie running for more than 50 days in hyderabad..

nerdy
19th January 2007, 02:46 PM

You have google at your end.. pls search in that and come back to me. If a dubbing movie running for 100 days makes heros as biggest mass heros then we have a lots of choice here.. not only chiru or rajni.. we have sai kumar , mammooty , upendra movies which ran for more than 75 -100 days in andhra.. so let us not discuss on this silly subject...

I can show indra and Tagore of chiru movies running for more than 50 days in chennai..

i need only 1 movie of rajni's direct movie running for more than 50 days in hyderabad..

Excellant Post Niranjan.

The same Rainikanth was seeking Chirus help to market his "Baba". :oops:

selvakumar
19th January 2007, 03:17 PM
Not funnier than Funniest .... :P

Yes.. Not funnier than the Funniest ** :P

btw, This thread just reminds me one the of the threads that I created in the TF Section "Chiranjeevi better than Rajini" For that, I got lot of :lol: Anyway, I like Chiru a bit better than Rajini as a mass puller and the way he handles his reach there.

I like Rajini for the way he acted in the early years.

As far as, Fanaticism is concerned, Chiru / Telugu fans are more aggressive than Rajini / Tamil fans and I am sure on that.

Plus - IF you ask any Chiru fan from Andhra or any other neutral guy, they won't give up their star IMHO !

selvakumar
19th January 2007, 03:21 PM
Personally IF you ask me, I would rate the following two as the BEST MASS HEROES OF SOUTH INDIA

1) MGR & NTR :D

I don't think any other follow-ups can match these two stars :)

Simple. Chiru can never match the reach of NTR and the same applies for our stars as well.

thimuru
19th January 2007, 03:25 PM

IF MAKING DIRECT MOVIES RUN IN CORRESPONDING STATES SHOWS THE POWER...

THEN ITS NONE OTHER THAN KAMALHAASAN WHO HAD GIVEN STRAIGHT SILVER JUBILES IN ALL STATES!

thimuru
19th January 2007, 03:28 PM
Personally IF you ask me, I would rate the following two as the BEST MASS HEROES OF SOUTH INDIA

1) MGR & NTR :D

I don't think any other follow-ups can match these two stars :)

Simple. Chiru can never match the reach of NTR and the same applies for our stars as well.

mgr-ku pOttiya.....:lol:

innum rettai ilainu oru symbol-a vechu oru kachiye Odudhu :lol:

selva u r right abt mass....but they speaking in different direction

thinkfloyd
19th January 2007, 05:31 PM
IF MAKING DIRECT MOVIES RUN IN CORRESPONDING STATES SHOWS THE POWER...

THEN ITS NONE OTHER THAN KAMALHAASAN WHO HAD GIVEN STRAIGHT SILVER JUBILES IN ALL STATES!

Telugu movie running in AP - OK
Kannada/Tamil movie in Karnataka - OK
Malayalam/Tamil Movie in Kerala - OK
Hindi movie all over India - OK
Bengali movie in W.B - OK

Telugu movieS in TN - ???? That's Kamal - Silver Jubilee of non-Tamil movies in Tamil Nadu

However, the biggest mass hero in S.India, i think its obviously between Rajini and Chiru as the topic suggests. I guess Rajini has the edge in Kerala and Karnataka(?)

Kamalkumar
19th January 2007, 06:56 PM
Let Chiranjeevi and Rajini both be mass heroes, but the real hero is kamal no doubt about it.

Nerd
19th January 2007, 09:45 PM

CNN-IBN',
NDTV,
Times of India,
The Hindu,
Sify,
Indiaglitz

And you are not biased, is it ?? :rotfl2: :rotfl:

We should not believe those sources but belive, you right :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

have u ever heard of any dubbed chiru movie running for more than 10 days in chennai ?? :rotfl:

All Rajini movies since badshah are hits in AP, Karnataka and Kerela. If DUBBED movies are hits, why should they REMAKE them ?? :rotfl:

Chiru's dubbed movies (they dont dub normally) are duds and thats why they try to release it directly and it caters to the telugu masses who are a lot in chennai.

Rajini - Biggest in TN, biggest in Karnataka (of course his state), 2nd biggest in Kerela (to Kamal that is) and big in AP too (after your heroes that is)

one more thing, pOkkiri is the biggest hit from telugu if I am not wrong and thats NOT by chiru :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last but not the least, this thread doest wield a comparison. The FACT is Rajini is bigger than chiru. Period

:wave: Have better things to do. But will come back tomorrow just to laugh at your replies !!

Erica
19th January 2007, 10:37 PM
i agree Telugu movies can be released without dubbing in Chennai. This is not the case with just Chiru's movies. Even Prince and Raviteja movies become gr8 hits in Chennai :) .......The reason is around 60% in Chennai are Telugu speaking people. Even dubbed Telugu movies will not run in rest of the districts :( ......Tamil movies has to be dubbed and released in Hyd b'cos it has no Tamil crowd.

Even big legends of AP would agree this except Chiru Fans. here's what Rama Rao has to say :D ........
http://www.telugucinema.com/tc/stars/tatineniramaraointerview.php

Sri: One of your biggest hits in Hindi was Andhaa Kaanoon. But why did you replace Chiranjeevi with Rajinikanth? The film was one good hits for Chiranjeevi in Telugu...
TRR: The reason is simple. Rajini has more market in South than in Telugu. He has more value in other states like in Kerala and Karnataka compared to Chiranjeevi. And it definitely worked for the film. It ran 100 days even in Vijayawada.

Agreed that Chiru has a huge fan base that is definitely more agressive and loyal than Rajini fans. but, only in ANDHRA :P maybe in Karnataka too :wink: ......but what about Kerala and TN :roll:

There is a saying in Telugu......
'Baviloni kappa, adhey Lokam Anukkuntadhi' :lol: ...........meaning A frog in a well thinks it is the whole world.

Chiru is lucky to have such Loyal fans. I know i can't convince Chiru fans as i have already had enough headache with idlebrain and greatandhra :banghead: ..........

Talking about whole South India SS is :thumbsup:

Designer
19th January 2007, 11:17 PM
i agree Telugu movies can be released without dubbing in Chennai. This is not the case with just Chiru's movies. Even Prince and Raviteja movies become gr8 hits in Chennai :) .......The reason is around 60% in Chennai are Telugu speaking people. Even dubbed Telugu movies will not run in rest of the districts :( ......Tamil movies has to be dubbed and released in Hyd b'cos it has no Tamil crowd.

Even big legends of AP would agree this except Chiru Fans. here's what Rama Rao has to say :D ........

Sri: One of your biggest hits in Hindi was Andhaa Kaanoon. But why did you replace Chiranjeevi with Rajinikanth? The film was one good hits for Chiranjeevi in Telugu...
TRR: The reason is simple. Rajini has more market in South than in Telugu. He has more value in other states like in Kerala and Karnataka compared to Chiranjeevi. And it definitely worked for the film. It ran 100 days even in Vijayawada.

Agreed that Chiru has a huge fan base that is definitely more agressive and loyal than Rajini fans. but, only in ANDHRA :P maybe in Karnataka too :wink: ......but what about Kerala and TN :roll:

There is a saying in Telugu......
'Baviloni kappa, adhey Lokam Anukkuntadhi' :lol: ...........meaning A frog in a well thinks it is the whole world.

Chiru is lucky to have such Loyal fans. I know i can't convince Chiru fans as i have already had enough headache with idlebrain and greatandhra :banghead: ..........

Talking about whole South India SS is :thumbsup:

Erica : ya the telugu speaking population in chennai is quite huge and so telugu films need not be dubbed for chennai.

Superstar is :2thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
19th January 2007, 11:47 PM

Perhaps you had asked your Teleugu Collegues who are Not a Chiru Fan.

Perhaps you might be the biggest Chiru fan! :P :wink:

m_23_bayarea
19th January 2007, 11:48 PM
hey m_23_bayarea... to which telugu co-workers have you shown this thread ??? i believe they live in a different world....

I believe they live in this world only !! :lol:

thimuru
20th January 2007, 07:47 AM
ok...if "mass" means "verithanamana" fans....

i think chiru has more fans like that!because in other state,fans are not like that for rajni!

ajithfederer
20th January 2007, 10:49 PM
who cares if it is with or w/o dubbing.. :lol: ....Rajini films pull more crowd and draw huge revenue dude... 8-) .....U pls live in reality.....Many Tamilans dont care abt chiru releases :lol: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Whereas atleast some poeple in andhra do care for rajini releases...(Rajini films do have telugu rights.....for chiranjeevi :lol: )

I have hheard from many of my telugu friends that baasha , padayappa and cm were huge hits and the trade there is definitely expecting Shivaji......but who cares abt chiru's next release here 8-)

Rajini - The biggest mass hero of the south at present ...... :D

what a joke.. ajit federer .. pls live in reality.. i accept chennai is not whole tamilnadu.. but show me one movie of rajni which released in andhra without dubbing.. ... .. before declaring something .. we need to back up our comments.. also let me tell u.. even sai kumar's dubbing movie ran for 100 days in andhra and karnataka.. so do you mean that sai kumar is tremendous mass puller??

CHIRU .... God of Masses..

ajithfederer
20th January 2007, 10:51 PM
U were right nerd.Pokiri had a good run in chennai and it was even feared by visay who had the remake rights then.... 8-)

CNN-IBN',
NDTV,
Times of India,
The Hindu,
Sify,
Indiaglitz

have u ever heard of any dubbed chiru movie running for more than 10 days in chennai ?? :rotfl:

All Rajini movies since badshah are hits in AP, Karnataka and Kerela. If DUBBED movies are hits, why should they REMAKE them ?? :rotfl:

Chiru's dubbed movies (they dont dub normally) are duds and thats why they try to release it directly and it caters to the telugu masses who are a lot in chennai.

Rajini - Biggest in TN, biggest in Karnataka (of course his state), 2nd biggest in Kerela (to Kamal that is) and big in AP too (after your heroes that is)

one more thing, pOkkiri is the biggest hit from telugu if I am not wrong and thats NOT by chiru :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last but not the least, this thread doest wield a comparison. The FACT is Rajini is bigger than chiru. Period

:wave: Have better things to do. But will come back tomorrow just to laugh at your replies !!

Alek Niranjan
22nd January 2007, 10:31 AM
hahahaha......

Funny statements guyz.. .....

Never mind.. someone in this thread said regarding a frog story.. that implies to you guyz too.. if rajni movies are running in andhra its bcoz of chiru fans.. rajni doesnt have a seprate fan club in andhra.. so u guyz think twice on this.. rajni himself approached chiru to help him from distributors at the time of baba film debacle..do u know who is behind this.. mohan babu.. who is very close friend of rajni.. if distributors are really waiting for rajni movie rights.. then they shud not be creating mess for just one failure..it is our one and only MEGASTAR that came to the rescue of rajni.. he made sure to that distributors that next movie of rajni will be delievered to the same distributors who got severe losses with the film baba.. and then the situation came back to normal..

By the way.. i cudnt stop laughing ... some guy said mahesh babu can termed as mass hero.. he just had 1 industry hit in his kitty.. chiru is the one who created that word BOX OFFICE with this film records in this film industry..

the so called prince he himself calmly accepted that not to compare him with megastar.. no that is not modesty but he knows what is reality..

if being a hardcore fan of any star is fanatism as someone said in this thread.. yes i am a fanatic and all the chiru fans are fanatics.. but u know what.. despite of being fanatics we still stick to reality.. not like the frogs in TN.. they dont want to look into reality and live happily in the well for years.. we are learning how to live like a frog from you guyz..

CHIRU - The God...

Rajkumar_mj
22nd January 2007, 10:32 AM

Nerd

Giving Biggest blockbuster alone cannot make a biggest mass hero.

The Media asked Mahesh Babu that he was the no.1 after the success of Pokiri. He clealy denied this and said " This is my first biggest industry hit. But Chiru gave lot of Biggest hits and please dont compare him with me."

On Rajnikanth's birthday, NDTV telecasted a program for Rajni. In that it said after the sucessful movies "Veera","Batsha","Muthu" Rajni made Kamal as in #2.

But KH's Indian overtook all the collections of Batsha and Muthu and was the biggest hit till Padayappa. Even Rajnikanth's Arunachalam couldn't beat the Indian's collection.

Will you say Kamal is the biggest Mass hero in that period (1996-1998) ? just because of giving Biggest Blockbuster.

Chiru could be the king maker in Andhra Poltics but Is it Possible for Rajni now?

Chiru care for his fans better than any other actor in India. He uses his fans for the good cause.But Rajnikanth used his fans for his own cause.

When Kamal had problems in Virumandi, He called Kamal and asked him to Continue his Shooting in Andhra and promised to give full support for him. This incident showed his mass power in Andhra. I started admiring him after this incident. He is such a Nice person too.

So Chiru is always better than Rajnikanth in Mass pulling and Mass Support.

Rajkumar_mj
22nd January 2007, 10:47 AM

Who said dubbed Telugu movies will not run in Tamil nadu.?

As someone posted here, "Editor Mohan Father of Jeyam Ravi" became rich because of releasing dubbed movies of Chiranjeevi. That is true. He released lot of chiru movies in all over the TN.

I saw lot of dubbed telegu movies in My Home town kanchipuram. And most of his movies 80's and mid 90s had a decent run. Not only his movies, Nagarjuna ,Venkatesh and Vijaya shanth movies.

Even Vikram,surya and Chimbu movies were Bit hits in Andhra on 2005. Anniayn is the Biggest hit in Dubbed version sofar.

So can we call them as Biggest mass hero of South?

selvakumar
22nd January 2007, 02:21 PM
Chiru care for his fans better than any other actor in India. He uses his fans for the good cause.But Rajnikanth used his fans for his own cause.

When Kamal had problems in Virumandi, He called Kamal and asked him to Continue his Shooting in Andhra and promised to give full support for him. This incident showed his mass power in Andhra. I started admiring him after this incident. He is such a Nice person too.

So Chiru is always better than Rajnikanth in Mass pulling and Mass Support.

This is one thing which I like a lot in him. ONe thing that deserves a sound :clap: will be :
The way he used his mass power for blood donation. I heard that anyone who donates blood can take a photograph with him. :clap:
Having mass is onething, but using them effectively is altogether a different thing. Chiru does that ! :clap:

Rajkumar_mj
22nd January 2007, 04:46 PM
Well Said Selva.

Nerd
22nd January 2007, 09:43 PM
Chiru could be the king maker in Andhra Poltics but Is it Possible for Rajni now?

Have you forgotten the 96 elections and the evolution of a no-brain mooppanAr?? who made him win and who is behind the evolution of TMC ?? He cant win all the time. He was bigger at that time, thats it 8-)

And can you explain the bold statement here please ?? :roll:

Also, you are digressing. We are talking about the biggest mass hero and not who is a SAINT among these two. None of chiru's dubbed movies has a run and chiru's direct movies have a run in chennai. Thats it. In case of rajinikanth, his dubbed movies are HUGE hits in andhra/ker/kar. The reason:

Chiru doesnt have a lot of fans in chennai but there are some telugu speaking people and to appease them, they release chiru's movies there. But Rajini has a LOT of telugu speaking fans who are willing to watch his movie and to appease them they dub and any day RK's movies are bigger hits than chiru's in the other states 8-)

Enough said 8-)

m_23_bayarea
23rd January 2007, 02:24 AM
All Telugu ppl will say Chiru (even if they're not fans of him directly) ... Cos they prolly would not like to give up on their idol ... Makes total sense! But a lot of Tamil ppl will join hands against Rajini just cos they dont like him and elevate Chiru even if they dont know him much ... A classic example of how united we Tamils are! :oops: :cry: :oops:

Keep goin folks! :notworthy:

Erica
23rd January 2007, 03:47 AM
:lol: :exactly: Bay

and Rajkumar, i know what you're talking about. yeah, i agree that a very few Telugu dubbed movies became huge hits like Udhayam, Vaijayanthi IPS, Idhudhanda Police,etc. But, those days r gone :P ........i've never seen any Telugu dubbed movies being released in other districts other than Chennai and maybe the border districts.

if rajni movies are running in andhra its bcoz of chiru fans.. rajni doesnt have a seprate fan club in andhra
this is clearly an exaggerated statement :evil: ....so, movies become super hits in AP only b'cos of Chiru fans is it? :roll: ..... i have lot of relatives in Andhra and they all watch Rajini movies. FYI, they r not Chiru Fans :)

now personal attack :lol: ........i have to say that i have nothing against Chiru and i do respect him....but, i have to say this. Remember what happened to Uday Kiran? Poor Guy was in the peak of his career when he got engaged with Chiru's daughter....his whole career was ruined just b'cos they had misunderstandings and decided not to marry......I don't know how a so called 'GOD' can do this :cry: ........atleast Rajini didn't do this to Simbhu :)

i don't want to continue this argument since i respect Chiru, Rajini and Kamal equally.....see where the argument leads :P .......we end up insulting those legends :(

:wave:

Rajkumar_mj
23rd January 2007, 09:44 AM
All Telugu ppl will say Chiru (even if they're not fans of him directly) ... Cos they prolly would not like to give up on their idol ... Makes total sense! But a lot of Tamil ppl will join hands against Rajini just cos they dont like him and elevate Chiru even if they dont know him much ... A classic example of how united we Tamils are! :oops: :cry: :oops:

FYI
Bay I am From Andhra , My Mother Tongue is Telugu and Settled in Tamilnadu long back.

And Most favorie actor is Kamal.

I am also a fan of Chiru,AJith and Rajnikanth. I never ridicule Rajnikanth anvwhere in the Forum.

Rajkumar_mj
23rd January 2007, 09:53 AM

Have you forgotten the 96 elections and the evolution of a no-brain mooppanAr?? who made him win and who is behind the evolution of TMC ?? He cant win all the time. He was bigger at that time, thats it 8-)

Also, you are digressing. We are talking about the biggest mass hero and not who is a SAINT among these two. None of chiru's dubbed movies has a run and chiru's direct movies have a run in chennai. Thats it. In case of rajinikanth, his dubbed movies are HUGE hits in andhra/ker/kar. The reason:

Chiru doesnt have a lot of fans in chennai but there are some telugu speaking people and to appease them, they release chiru's movies there. But Rajini has a LOT of telugu speaking fans who are willing to watch his movie and to appease them they dub and any day RK's movies are bigger hits than chiru's in the other states 8-)

Enough said 8-)

Kasi

I havent forgotten 1996 election. He involved because he had some problems with Jayalalitha from Annamalai to Baasah.

Rajnikanth and JJ were living in Boes Garden. Because of the security problem Rajni kanth had tp wait for Ling to enter his hpuse. And he faced one more problem in Batsha Silver Jubliee function.

Becaiuse of these reasons, Rajni involved in politics.

Have you forgotten 2004 parliment elections ? Where Rajin kanth used his fans against Ramadoss and Lot of his fans got hurt by PMK Party.

Do you think this is for the Benfit of Tamil nadu?

Rajkumar_mj
23rd January 2007, 09:59 AM
:lol: :exactly: Bay

and Rajkumar, i know what you're talking about. yeah, i agree that a very few Telugu dubbed movies became huge hits like Udhayam, Vaijayanthi IPS, Idhudhanda Police,etc. But, those days r gone :P ........i've never seen any Telugu dubbed movies being released in other districts other than Chennai and maybe the border districts.

if rajni movies are running in andhra its bcoz of chiru fans.. rajni doesnt have a seprate fan club in andhra
this is clearly an exaggerated statement :evil: ....so, movies become super hits in AP only b'cos of Chiru fans is it? :roll: ..... i have lot of relatives in Andhra and they all watch Rajini movies. FYI, they r not Chiru Fans :)

now personal attack :lol: ........i have to say that i have nothing against Chiru and i do respect him....but, i have to say this. Remember what happened to Uday Kiran? Poor Guy was in the peak of his career when he got engaged with Chiru's daughter....his whole career was ruined just b'cos they had misunderstandings and decided not to marry......I don't know how a so called 'GOD' can do this :cry: ........atleast Rajini didn't do this to Simbhu :)

i don't want to continue this argument since i respect Chiru, Rajini and Kamal equally.....see where the argument leads :P .......we end up insulting those legends :(

:wave:

Erica

Do you remember what happened to Director Vasanth just because of Refusing to Direct Annamalai?

After Keladi Kanmani and Nee pathi Naan Padhi , he didnt have any films for the 5 years because of this. After he went to Rajnikanth and apoligised. He got the offers then.

Alek Niranjan
23rd January 2007, 10:11 AM
Erica...

I am here not to insult anyone but to support my idol, icon, inspiration ,showstopper and what not.. clearly this statement makes onething clear that i am a hardcore fan of chiru.. but let me tell u clearly.. unless we are sure abt something we should not run our mouths.. sorry .. but yes this is true.. what do you know abt uday kiran's story ?.. i belong to the same community as of uday kiran belongs to .. no i am not involving caste here but its true.. but i support chiru completely here.. this guy uday was really at his peak and njoying the pinnacle of heights in his career..... but this guy has attitude problem.. he has been involved in an affair with a tv anchor and to one of his hardcore fan.. i accept that it is chiru's stupidity that he didnt enquired abt this guy prior to the engagement declaration.. it was pavan kalyan and his brother nagababu ( i hate these two people -- fit for nothing) who actually discovered the whole truth and kept infront of chiru.. now u tell me.. if this happens with anyone of us.. will we sit ideally? chiru has everything in his corner to support his acts on this issue.. everyone knows who is the one behind uday kiran's misfortune but not everyone knows what really had happened behind the curtain.. i have a very close friend of mine who works for TV 9 Channel (news channel) and he had some shocking proofs to support that uday kiran is ther real culprit.. i think we are actually missing the whole point here and the topic has been completely diverted.. i am sorry for that.. but i cant accept if someones tries to mock around our megastar..

I too have a great respect for Kamal and rajni.. and without any doubt in my mind i will accept that they are real icons in their respective fields..

BUt when it comes to comparison , our chiru occupies the top slot..

CHIRU - Shankardada Zindabad (Next movie name)

selvakumar
23rd January 2007, 10:51 AM
<dig>

Erica,
I read an interview of "Udaya Kiran" in AV during the lauch of "POI". In that interview, he was praising chiru like anything. I don't think Chiru might have been responsible for that. UK said that their wavelengths didn't match and they couldn't sync in for a marriage life :)

</dig>

MADDY
23rd January 2007, 02:59 PM
<dig>

Erica,
I read an interview of "Udaya Kiran" in AV during the lauch of "POI". In that interview, he was praising chiru like anything. I don't think Chiru might have been responsible for that. UK said that their wavelengths didn't match and they couldn't sync in for a marriage life :)

</dig>

obviously what else the poor guy can say??? :lol: :lol: .........if he says again that chiru intimidated him then he will be smashed again.... :lol: .....

btw, i thot R.Madhavan was the biggest mass hero in south india.... :wink:

selvakumar
23rd January 2007, 03:43 PM
obviously what else the poor guy can say??? :lol: :lol: .........if he says again that chiru intimidated him then he will be smashed again.... :lol: .....

btw, i thot R.Madhavan was the biggest mass hero in south india.... :wink:

Sorry, Probably because he doesn't want to be a "BIG THIYAAGI" like Dhanush :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotfl: @ the second statement :wink: just kidding

Nerd
23rd January 2007, 09:41 PM
There again, Raj you are talking about who is a SAINT, which is totally irrelevant to the topic that we are discussing. I can give you 100s of examples to show how the fans reacted to Rajini's political movies, if that is what you are looking for.

Rajini is the biggest icon in South India.

m_23_bayarea
23rd January 2007, 09:44 PM

FYI
Bay I am From Andhra , My Mother Tongue is Telugu and Settled in Tamilnadu long back.

And Most favorie actor is Kamal.

I am also a fan of Chiru,AJith and Rajnikanth. I never ridicule Rajnikanth anvwhere in the Forum.

Raj, It makes total sense then! Thanks ... :D

ajithfederer
24th January 2007, 04:46 AM
rajini is the biggest mass icon in south india 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2007, 08:20 AM
Rajnikant!!!!!

how can there be anyone else to dream competing him!

selvakumar
24th January 2007, 11:27 AM
Rajnikant!!!!!

how can there be anyone else to dream competing him!

itheLLaam romba Overu !! :( :ashamed:

Anyway, aaLa vidunga, Piragu enna KANNDIGAANNU, Telugu, Mallunnu sonnaaLum solluvaanga :yessir:

Alek Niranjan
24th January 2007, 12:47 PM
Hahaha.. shaktiprabha..

UR statement is too funny.... i think the best funny statement anyone else has posted in this thread..

Chiru - Always the best.. rajni comes next..

Saamy
24th January 2007, 02:04 PM
der should b AMITABH and KAMAL :D dese four have da most number of fans :DAmitabh in south india :lol: :lol: Wig Thalayan deserves nothing. :lol:

thalaifan
27th January 2007, 12:51 AM
Erica...

I am here not to insult anyone but to support my idol, icon, inspiration ,showstopper and what not.. clearly this statement makes onething clear that i am a hardcore fan of chiru.. but let me tell u clearly.. unless we are sure abt something we should not run our mouths.. sorry .. but yes this is true.. what do you know abt uday kiran's story ?.. i belong to the same community as of uday kiran belongs to .. no i am not involving caste here but its true.. but i support chiru completely here.. this guy uday was really at his peak and njoying the pinnacle of heights in his career..... but this guy has attitude problem.. he has been involved in an affair with a tv anchor and to one of his hardcore fan.. i accept that it is chiru's stupidity that he didnt enquired abt this guy prior to the engagement declaration.. it was pavan kalyan and his brother nagababu ( i hate these two people -- fit for nothing) who actually discovered the whole truth and kept infront of chiru.. now u tell me.. if this happens with anyone of us.. will we sit ideally? chiru has everything in his corner to support his acts on this issue.. everyone knows who is the one behind uday kiran's misfortune but not everyone knows what really had happened behind the curtain.. i have a very close friend of mine who works for TV 9 Channel (news channel) and he had some shocking proofs to support that uday kiran is ther real culprit.. i think we are actually missing the whole point here and the topic has been completely diverted.. i am sorry for that.. but i cant accept if someones tries to mock around our megastar..

I too have a great respect for Kamal and rajni.. and without any doubt in my mind i will accept that they are real icons in their respective fields..

BUt when it comes to comparison , our chiru occupies the top slot..

CHIRU - Shankardada Zindabad (Next movie name)

This is a bull-shit story developed by someone...the whole truth is that Uday-Kiran did'nt wanna become a Thyagi...

Ciru's Daughter did her Fasion Technology in U.K, she was involved in an Affair, and again i did not see her goin out wit some body....

I know this coz i did my MBA There...and People from Pakistan Know who Rajni is...and that shows what his mass is.

m_23_bayarea
27th January 2007, 01:08 AM
I know this coz i did my MBA There...and People from Pakistan Know who Rajni is...and that shows what his mass is.

EXACTLY! :notworthy:

thinkfloyd
27th January 2007, 02:29 AM
Alek,
If you are willing to agree that the actor who is more widely known has the biggest mass, you HAVE to agree that it is Rajini.
Chiru might have more fans in AP than Rajini has in TN but Rajini has the edge in Kerala and Karnataka.
If we go and pick 10 people in random in Kerala and Karnataka, ask them to pick between the two and report the findings back here, we will see that Rajini wins

Amarshiva
27th January 2007, 03:50 AM
Alek,
If you are willing to agree that the actor who is more widely known has the biggest mass, you HAVE to agree that it is Rajini.
Chiru might have more fans in AP than Rajini has in TN but Rajini has the edge in Kerala and Karnataka.
If we go and pick 10 people in random in Kerala and Karnataka, ask them to pick between the two and report the findings back here, we will see that Rajini wins

Hey all: the mass hero of southindia is rajini. If you guys would have added Kamal, the scenario will be different. Anyway I voted for SS. But, chiru's tagore movie 1 tkt was sold for $500 in USA. He's got class/mass everything.

thimuru
27th January 2007, 09:49 AM

Enough said 8-)

:rotfl:

nerdugaru...do u know anything about moopanar?....he is from kamaraj period a big leader for ur information!

even if rajni had not supported due to ANTI-ADMK wave dmk would have won!

that point is right!....now if chiru thinks he can make a political twist in andra.....but can rajni do?.....thats mass!

we are talking abt mass!veritanamana fans ...in other states do rajni have "mass" or "just fans"!

personally...chiru is wonderful guy than rajni....he had did some great things...i guess he built a free cancer hospital or something like that!....he dint use his fans for politics...made them donate blood...!

MADDY
27th January 2007, 02:18 PM
chiru is wonderful guy than rajni....he had did some great things...i guess he built a free cancer hospital or something like that!....he dint use his fans for politics...made them donate blood...!

yes chiru is a very good guy but mind u, ur comments against Rajini holds no credibility, sorry :lol: .......we all know its biased.... :arrow:

thimuru
27th January 2007, 02:24 PM
chiru is wonderful guy than rajni....he had did some great things...i guess he built a free cancer hospital or something like that!....he dint use his fans for politics...made them donate blood...!

yes chiru is a very good guy but mind u, ur comments against Rajini holds no credibility, sorry :lol: .......we all know its biased.... :arrow:

:rotfl: where did i comment against rajni?

MADDY
27th January 2007, 02:36 PM

:rotfl: where did i comment against rajni?

ok ok.....free-a vidunga..... :D

Saamy
28th January 2007, 11:44 AM
I agree that rajini has the maximum mass across south india..

BUt nerd :lol:rajini made moopanaar popular????? :rotfl: mooppanaar was the congress president once in his life time... He almost became the prime minister of our country...

and u say that rajini made him popular.. :rotfl:

Nerd
28th January 2007, 02:03 PM
Saamy: Can you read and understand english ?? Did I say anywhere say that Rajini made mooppannAr popular ?? Do you know the meaning of *evolution*. Thesaurus.com will help :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

thimuru: Do you know the UdayKiran incident?? Has anything of that sort ever come out of Rajini camp??

Mass - Verithanamaana fans. Thats news to me :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have never come across a tamilian who watches chiru movies very often. But there are 1000s of telugu speaking people who love Rajini movies. Now thats the difference between these two. No one ha refuted this point of mine in this thread so far :)

Who is the biggest mass hero of south india? Rajini. End of discussion 8-)

Saamy
28th January 2007, 03:35 PM

rajini the biggest in karnataka??? :lol: :lol: :lol: any hit movies in kannada???
kamal is the most popular tamil actor in bangalore.. thats 100% sure.. i dunno abt the whole of karnataka..

Saamy
28th January 2007, 03:37 PM
Saamy: Can you read and understand english ?? Did I say anywhere say that Rajini made mooppannAr popular ?? Do you know the meaning of *evolution*. Thesaurus.com will help :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:
u mean that rajini was behind the "evolution" of mooppanaar :lol: :lol:

evolution of mooppanaar is nothing but making him popular in TN , according to u..
8-)

thimuru
28th January 2007, 06:39 PM
nerdugaru,

see if mass doennt include hardcore fans.....just people who likes the movies of these stars....I would say lots of people like kamals movies than rajnis in kerala,karnataka or andra!

now if that does meant hardcore fans...chiru is at greater height in his state!...rajni lost it well before..u know what happened in recent elections!

udaykiran issue is a sort of rumour...but building hospital is truth!did rajni do anything like that?

thimuru
28th January 2007, 06:41 PM
then "no-brain" moopanar?

we all knew who had no brain in politics

Erica
28th January 2007, 09:23 PM
Who is the biggest mass hero of south india? Rajini. End of discussion 8-)

:D LOCK KAR DO :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
28th January 2007, 10:03 PM
rumour aa? :lol: :lol: :rotfl2: :rotfl: .......Thats 100% true........

udaykiran issue is a sort of rumour...but building hospital is truth!did rajni do anything like that?

Nerd
28th January 2007, 11:33 PM
You guys are still after politics and hellbent on declaring chiru is a SAINT, which is absolutely ridiculous and totally irrelevant to the topic. Refute my that point which I m stressing in each and every post of mine.

Rajini has the most number of fans in south india. Period. 8-)

m_23_bayarea
29th January 2007, 06:18 AM
This thread has to be locked! Or, put somebody else's name in place of Rajini ... We dont want Rajini to contest for anything ... If you guys think he's not the biggest, then so be it ... Or, even if you guys say he's history, we dont care! But pls dont degrade him in the name of some poll or contest ... :oops:

Chiranjeevi is the biggest MASS hero of South India! Period ... :wink:

:bluejump: :redjump:

Shakthiprabha.
29th January 2007, 03:24 PM
Hahaha.. shaktiprabha..

UR statement is too funny.... i think the best funny statement anyone else has posted in this thread..

Chiru - Always the best.. rajni comes next..

Just wanted u to be tickled so that u stay healthy.

Shakthiprabha.
29th January 2007, 03:28 PM
And to ppl who talk bout kamalhassan,

whats KAMALHASSAN doing here in this thread, when the talk is about some other 2 ppl.

Please dont bring kamalhassan here. Lets not compare ORANGES AND APPLES.

thinkfloyd
29th January 2007, 05:46 PM
Shakthi,
The differences in opinions (and the mention of Kamal) in this thread arose because of the different parameters we use to define the "biggest mass hero in S.India".
It depends on what parameter we use, based on which either of these three may be called the biggest.

Kamal was brought in because he is the only one to give Silver Jubilees in each of the southern states/languages (of course apart from Hindi and Bengali). Also, he has the unique distinction of giving Telugu bumper hits in TN. He has more hits in other states - Kerala, Karnataka and of course Andhra, than the other actors in question. Infact, his last Kannada flick Rama Shama Bhama was a superhit across Karnataka.

One more point is Chandramukhi was a hit not only in Hyderabad, but on the other hand, Chiru movies run only in Chennai. I agree with Alek when he points out that Chiru's non-dubbed movies run in Chennai but then that alone cannot be a deciding factor.

I agree with Nerd that when we discuss "who is the biggest", how the actor managed his fans doesn't come into question. That's a different issue altogether, not relevant to this discussion. However, when we take power as a parameter, i think Chiru would score over Rajini as he seems to weild more (political) power in AP than Rajini does in TN

Shakthiprabha.
29th January 2007, 07:21 PM
Shakthi,
The differences in opinions (and the mention of Kamal) in this thread arose because of the different parameters we use to define the "biggest mass hero in S.India".
It depends on what parameter we use, based on which either of these three may be called the biggest.

Most of us would always PREFER TO CALL HIM AS 'CLASS AND NOT MASS' hero.

Comparing KAMALHASSAN, ACCORDING TO ME has to be with someone IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT RANGE.

Kamal was brought in because he is the only one to give Silver Jubilees in each of the southern states/languages (of course apart from Hindi and Bengali). Also, he has the unique distinction of giving Telugu bumper hits in TN. He has more hits in other states - Kerala, Karnataka and of course Andhra, than the other actors in question. Infact, his last Kannada flick Rama Shama Bhama was a superhit across Karnataka.

I aint sure of the CROWD he pulls in places OTHER THAN METROS OR CITIES. (I am poor in statistics or general movie info. I may be wrong. sorry )

Whatever be it, WHEN THE POLL DOES NOT INCLUDE A PERSON, why is would he be in the discussion :?

That was my confusion.

I agree with Nerd that when we discuss "who is the biggest", how the actor managed his fans doesn't come into question. That's a different issue altogether, not relevant to this discussion. However, when we take power as a parameter, i think Chiru would score over Rajini as he seems to weild more (political) power in AP than Rajini does in TN

As this thread belongs to indian FILM section, most of us (atleast ppl like me WHO DOES NOT WANNA DISCUSS POLITICS OR HAS NO GREAT INTEREST IN IT) would consider only his REACH AS A HERO IN their respective movies :)

thimuru
29th January 2007, 08:04 PM
Then i also can give some news abt rajni without proof! :lol:

we are talking abt public life and chiru has done a lot

thimuru
29th January 2007, 08:07 PM
SP......read the title!

everyone can post their views

Shakthiprabha.
29th January 2007, 08:41 PM
Loop hole!

Fine. I stand corrected. :|

m_23_bayarea
29th January 2007, 08:56 PM
One consoling factor is that no matter how LOUD some of our friends have been, the poll count looks entirely different!

:P

ajithfederer
29th January 2007, 08:57 PM
Naa....idhukku proof ellam thevai illanignnaa.... :lol: ...ask any telugu friend if you have and they can narrate you the whole story.......paavam uday kiran he is nowhere in the industry now and he has come to tamil films :cry:

and this thread is not about who is a buthhar in south india :lol2:

Coming to the topic, rajini movies are expected more throughout south india and they generate huge hype and it is watched by any kind of movie going public (Be it A, B or C centres.....)in TN, Andhra .....i am not sure very much sure about kerala and karnataka, eventhough i know his movies run there too......

IMO, Chiranjeevi movies dont run in TN and Kerala.... :lol: .....So rajini is the biggest mass hero in South India........

Matter over 8-) Vala valannu pesikkittu :x

Then i also can give some news abt rajni without proof! :lol:

we are talking abt public life and chiru has done a lot

m_23_bayarea
29th January 2007, 09:03 PM
Naa....idhukku proof ellam thevai illanignnaa.... :lol: ...ask any telugu friend if you have and they can narrate you the whole story

AF, that was in fact my first post in this thread ... I talked to a whole gang of Telugu co-workers, and they completely even ruled out this comparison! When I said that here though, our friends completely ruled me out though! :oops: :cry: :lol:

ajithfederer
29th January 2007, 09:59 PM
:)

Naa....idhukku proof ellam thevai illanignnaa.... :lol: ...ask any telugu friend if you have and they can narrate you the whole story

AF, that was in fact my first post in this thread ... I talked to a whole gang of Telugu co-workers, and they completely even ruled out this comparison! When I said that here though, our friends completely ruled me out though! :oops: :cry: :lol:

Nerd
29th January 2007, 10:35 PM

Absolutely. We get to interact with a lot of telugu people here since we had the oppurtunity to goto school here. Everyone knows that 50% of the desis who come to study are from AP and apparently I have interacted with 30+ guys and everybody accepted that they Rajini movies are bigger in AP. Actually out of the 30+ there are lots of power star/nagarjuna fans. There are very less chiru fans among them and they all adore tamil music and movies, especially Rajini ones 8-)

Nerd
29th January 2007, 10:56 PM
Shakthi,

One more point is Chandramukhi was a hit not only in Hyderabad, but on the other hand, Chiru movies run only in Chennai. I agree with Alek when he points out that Chiru's non-dubbed movies run in Chennai but then that alone cannot be a deciding factor.

This is my point. Chiru movies in chennai are watched ONLY by telugu speaking people. In fact, NVNV and bommarilu and a few love subjects had a great run in chennai. None of Chiru's non-dubbed movies were as big as even NVNV etc..,

But a lot of Telugu speaking people are rajini fans and you can count the number of tamil people who are chiru fans.

thimuru
30th January 2007, 10:56 AM
nerd......if u take udaykiran issue....i would say rajni cut simbus deal and thats why simbu gave punches!....howzzaaaaaaat

thimuru
30th January 2007, 10:57 AM
so..nerd....this is the point!

u say whose film run wel in all states has higher mass right?

ajithfederer
30th January 2007, 11:00 AM
http://www.rajinifans.com/temp/cricket.asp

Please listen to the commentary 8-)

Alek Niranjan
31st January 2007, 05:35 PM
Trash !..

Some said that uday kiran story is bull**** .. I dont know when u studied MBA.. but if u can accompany me to andhra as i stay in vijayawada , i can show you what is bull**** and what is not. So people in this thread if they want to discuss on uday kiran story pls do let me know as i can bring some more news from my reporter friend from a TV channel in andhra.. but this will not solve the problem as this topic has nothing to do with it.. so dont discuss on this issue as you will endup arguing for a characterless guy..

Some said that 30% + telugu people declared rajni as top when compared to chiru and this is real bull**** and one guy totally lost his mind i believe as he said nagarjuna is having more fans when compared to chiru .. this statement can be safely ignored as the so called telugu blockbuster "Pokiri" of mahesh babu has not crossed the collections of not so hit film of chiru "Stalin" . This shows what kind of mass power he holds in abroad. His movies runs in US , Newzealand , Australia , Canada , Bolivia , Germany , Dubai , Japan , Hongkong , Amsterdam , Singapore , Malaysia , Thailand to name some.

This thread is totally filled up with Tamilians and the poll result can be looked different entirely .. so dont come to conclusions basing on this thread.. this is for entertainment and dont try to insult chiru or his fans as i can see some people are trying to mock chiru fans which is irrelavant to this topic..

Chiru real MASS hero of South India.. topic ends here ..

Alek Niranjan
31st January 2007, 05:43 PM
Sorry ! let me correct myself..

when i said pokiri didnt crossed stalin's record i meant overseas record and not withing andhra..

First God - Next Chiru..

NOV
31st January 2007, 07:52 PM
This shows what kind of mass power he holds in abroad. His movies runs in US , Newzealand , Australia , Canada , Bolivia , Germany , Dubai , Japan , Hongkong , Amsterdam , Singapore , Malaysia , Thailand to name some. I don't wish to comment on the situation in India or elsewhere, but as far as Singapore & Malaysia are concerned, no Telugu movies run in cinemas. Govt TV brings one Telugu movie for screening on TV during Subakanjalu festival every year. The last Telugu song that ran is cinemas here was raaraa sarasukku raaraa. ;)
I don't even know how Chiru looks like. :oops:

Oh. BTW, Rajini has plenty of fans in Japan. That I know and have seen in Time magazine and japanese websites. :D

Saamy
31st January 2007, 07:57 PM
This shows what kind of mass power he holds in abroad. His movies runs in US , Newzealand , Australia , Canada , Bolivia , Germany , Dubai , Japan , Hongkong , Amsterdam , Singapore , Malaysia , Thailand to name some. I don't wish to comment on the situation in India or elsewhere, but as far as Singapore & Malaysia are concerned, no Telugu movies run in cinemas. Govt TV brings one Telugu movie for screening on TV during Subakanjalu festival every year. The last Telugu song that ran is cinemas here was raaraa sarasukku raaraa. ;)

Oh. BTW, Rajini has plenty of fans in Japan. That I know and have seen in Time magazine and japanese websites. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: really very funny :lol:

m_23_bayarea
31st January 2007, 08:06 PM
so dont come to conclusions basing on this thread.. this is for entertainment and dont try to insult chiru or his fans as i can see some people are trying to mock chiru fans which is irrelavant to this topic.. ..

Exactly! Same goes for Rajini too ... Let's lock this thread!

"Ooru rendu patta koothaadikku thaan kondaatam"

Alek, not sure if there's an equivalent of this saying in Telugu!

Fantastic4
31st January 2007, 08:44 PM
No discussions here ------- Chiranjeevi ultimate hero of south india.. although i have seen some movies of rajni and got delighted but deep in my heart somewhere megastar is scoring more points than rajni..
:wink:
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Alek Niranjan
31st January 2007, 09:31 PM
so dont come to conclusions basing on this thread.. this is for entertainment and dont try to insult chiru or his fans as i can see some people are trying to mock chiru fans which is irrelavant to this topic.. ..

Exactly! Same goes for Rajini too ... Let's lock this thread!

"Ooru rendu patta koothaadikku thaan kondaatam"

Alek, not sure if there's an equivalent of this saying in Telugu!

Hey.. i have not insulted rajni in my entire posts.. and i didnt get your saying in tamil first.. but i have a saying in telugu which i think looks a bit similar(not sure)but that is much modified and does look very vulgur.. so i better not say it here..

also someone said that in malaysia we hardly see any telugu movies.. i have stayed in KL from 2000- 2001 ... i have seen chiru's mrigaraju movie in megamall.. i used to stayed in Petaling Jaya which is close to KL .. my friends also seen chiru's movie very recently.. so what say???

Chiru - Mass God.

ajithfederer
31st January 2007, 09:39 PM
I can nly remember goundamani comedy in Karagattakaran.......
Japan a jackie chan koopitagaa..........americala michael jackson koopitagaa :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Oh. BTW, Rajini has plenty of fans in Japan. That I know and have seen in Time magazine and japanese websites. :D

m_23_bayarea
31st January 2007, 09:49 PM
Hey.. i have not insulted rajni in my entire posts.. and i didnt get your saying in tamil first.. but i have a saying in telugu which i think looks a bit similar(not sure)but that is much modified and does look very vulgur.. so i better not say it here..

Chiru - Mass God.

I'm not saying you DID insult Rajini ... But I hate comparisons in general, cos when you elevate the candidate of your choice, some where involuntarily, you will end up pulling down the other! :oops:

Oh the meaning of that saying is something like this ...

If two parties fight, the middle men are the beneficiaries! Hope you get it now... :lol:

Nerd
31st January 2007, 10:11 PM
No discussions here ------- Chiranjeevi ultimate hero of south india.. although i have seen some movies of rajni and got delighted but deep in my heart somewhere megastar is scoring more points than rajni..

I have not seen any chiru movie. That tells you everthing. End of discussion :rotfl:

Nerd
31st January 2007, 10:18 PM
Trash !..

Yeh.. Dont bring it here :P

MADDY
31st January 2007, 10:20 PM

I have not seen any chiru movie. That tells you everthing. End of discussion :rotfl:

i have seen raanuva veeran - both Rajini and Chiru acted in that :lol: ........hey, guys who started this topic??? its like comparing oranges and apples........be happy with ur choice and dont make a issue out of it.....

ajithfederer
31st January 2007, 10:54 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup:

manmadan
1st February 2007, 02:20 AM
our superstar rajinikanth ovcoarse :thumbsup:

I think he has the greatest mass in South india. Chiru comes after rajini only.

Surya
1st February 2007, 06:05 AM
R ppl saying that Chiru has more mass than rajini? :shock: :lol:

Innum konja vitta Pawan Kalyan has more mass nu solluveenga pola! :x

Rajini is the most Mass in South India. 8-)

podaango
1st February 2007, 09:42 AM
Trash !..

Some said that uday kiran story is bull**** .. I dont know when u studied MBA.. but if u can accompany me to andhra as i stay in vijayawada , i can show you what is bull**** and what is not. So people in this thread if they want to discuss on uday kiran story pls do let me know as i can bring some more news from my reporter friend from a TV channel in andhra.. but this will not solve the problem as this topic has nothing to do with it.. so dont discuss on this issue as you will endup arguing for a characterless guy..

Some said that 30% + telugu people declared rajni as top when compared to chiru and this is real bull**** and one guy totally lost his mind i believe as he said nagarjuna is having more fans when compared to chiru .. this statement can be safely ignored as the so called telugu blockbuster "Pokiri" of mahesh babu has not crossed the collections of not so hit film of chiru "Stalin" . This shows what kind of mass power he holds in abroad. His movies runs in US , Newzealand , Australia , Canada , Bolivia , Germany , Dubai , Japan , Hongkong , Amsterdam , Singapore , Malaysia , Thailand to name some.

This thread is totally filled up with Tamilians and the poll result can be looked different entirely .. so dont come to conclusions basing on this thread.. this is for entertainment and dont try to insult chiru or his fans as i can see some people are trying to mock chiru fans which is irrelavant to this topic..

Absolutely, I think your topic ends here you know why because you talk
bull****.

Moreover so called megastar chiru is known only in andhra, where Super Star Rajini is World Star, He has lots of fans in South Korea, North Korea, Japan, France. They are not Indians and even people travel from many countries to India to watch Rajini's first days first show. You know something Consumer products are named and pictured after Raini in the above mentioned countries.

Finally chiru is a megastar of Andhra and Super Star is Mass of The universe. There is a new Miss Universe and Miss world Every Year, but there is only one super star for ever and that is Rajini.' On thing you should know is you are still in the world called andhra, just grow up dude.

Thalaivaa naan un adimai.

You said Andhra Little Megastar Udaykiran is characterless guy, that means you have never seen his movies, he has done lot of characters in many movies.

podaango
1st February 2007, 09:47 AM

Actually you don't have to becuase most of his movies are made from Rajini's and Captain's tamil movies. Save your time dude.

podaango
1st February 2007, 09:49 AM

Boss please correct the statement, Rajini is the only MASS Hero in the whole Universe

Saamy
1st February 2007, 12:12 PM

Boss please correct the statement, Rajini is the only MASS Hero in the whole Universepodaango

NOV
1st February 2007, 12:33 PM
also someone said that in malaysia we hardly see any telugu movies.. i have stayed in KL from 2000- 2001 ... i have seen chiru's mrigaraju movie in megamall.. i used to stayed in Petaling Jaya which is close to KL .. my friends also seen chiru's movie very recently.. so what say???I say that your claiming that Chiru holds mass power in Malaysia is WRONG and is an attempt to pull wool over innocent people here!

Being so, all other information given by you immediately becomes suspect. :roll:

Alek Niranjan
1st February 2007, 03:30 PM
This is for NOV and podaango..

First comes NOV.... i care a damn if u think whatever i say is suspectful.. trying to wool innocent people is something really funny.. but try something different..

Here u go .. here comes a guy podaango and tells me abt uday kiran's character..u dont know how to back up your comments... so go out of your home and you will find some children out there.. tell them what is uday kiran and they may listen to you not me.. I can bluntly argue for next n number of years that southindia has produced only one mass star and that is megastar.. grow up dude.. try not to speak bull**** here..

selvakumar
1st February 2007, 03:43 PM
Boss please correct the statement, Rajini is the only MASS Hero in the whole Universe

Yes, Provided the whole Universe consists only TN, Kerala, Karnataka and AP !

swathy
1st February 2007, 04:15 PM

selva u missed to include Japan,srilanka, singapore and malaysia

Rajkumar_mj
1st February 2007, 04:54 PM

Selva You missed North and South Korea.

nerdy
1st February 2007, 05:06 PM

But I have seen many chiru Mpvies dubbed in Tamil. And that too in My Native Town Vellore. OSCAR was the distributor for those movies and he made profit with that.

Bashakku Appuram than Rajnikku Telugla Markete Vandhutu.

nerdy
1st February 2007, 05:26 PM
Trash !..

Absolutely, I think your topic ends here you know why because you talk
bull****.

Moreover so called megastar chiru is known only in andhra, where Super Star Rajini is World Star, He has lots of fans in South Korea, North Korea, Japan, France. They are not Indians and even people travel from many countries to India to watch Rajini's first days first show. You know something Consumer products are named and pictured after Raini in the above mentioned countries.

Finally chiru is a megastar of Andhra and Super Star is Mass of The universe. There is a new Miss Universe and Miss world Every Year, but there is only one super star for ever and that is Rajini.' On thing you should know is you are still in the world called andhra, just grow up dude.

Thalaivaa naan un adimai.

You said Andhra Little Megastar Udaykiran is characterless guy, that means you have never seen his movies, he has done lot of characters in many movies.

Podangao

Unga Postu Jeyam Ravi Voice madhiriye Irukku.

South Korea, North Korea, Bolwia,Thailand,Amseterdam nu oru Alave illama

nerdy
1st February 2007, 05:32 PM

"Poonai Kanna mooduna Boologam irudituma enna"

selvakumar
1st February 2007, 05:42 PM
Raj and Swathy :lol:

Anyway, One thing RK fans are consistenly claiming is : He has massive fan base in many other parts of the world apart from TN. E.g., Japan, Singapore and Malaysia.

Nerd says Nagarjuna fans in the US have accepted that RK has more number of fans and he will lead by a mile when it comes to MASS. I think he meant something like that

Now, Should we have to take "MASS" as just every fans living throughout the world ?
OR
Should we have to really count the "HARDCORE VERIYARGALS" to just the reach and popularity and image that an actor is able to achieve?

My observation is : Chiru too has considerable amount of "C" centre FANS in Karnataka.

It is subjective purely. But must say : Chiru has more "VerithaNamaana Fans" when compared to RK ! My opinion again ! :) :wink:

nerdy
1st February 2007, 05:46 PM
nerd......if u take udaykiran issue....i would say rajni cut simbus deal and thats why simbu gave punches!....howzzaaaaaaat

Thimuru

Most people forgot about the Director Vasanth. Who didnt accept to direct Rajni.

thimuru
1st February 2007, 05:47 PM

Anyway, One thing RK fans are consistenly claiming is : He has massive fan base in many other parts of the world apart from TN. E.g., Japan, Singapore and Malaysia.

Nerd says Nagarjuna fans in the US have accepted that RK has more number of fans and he will lead by a mile when it comes to MASS. I think he meant something like that

Now, Should we have to take "MASS" as just every fans living throughout the world ?
OR
Should we have to really count the "HARDCORE VERIYARGALS" to just the reach and popularity and image that an actor is able to achieve?

My observation is : Chiru too has considerable amount of "C" centre FANS in Karnataka.

It is subjective purely. But must say : Chiru has more "VerithaNamaana Fans" when compared to RK ! My opinion again ! :) :wink:

selva.....idhe point-a than naan appo irundhu sollitu iruken...

pinnaadi page poi paatheenganna theriyum! :D

thimuru
1st February 2007, 05:48 PM

Thimuru

Most people forgot about the Director Vasanth. Who didnt accept to direct Rajni.

idhenna vishayam...could u pm me plz

nerdy
1st February 2007, 05:52 PM

OR

He has more mass power and Verithanamana Fans than Rajnikanth because of his character.

nerdy
1st February 2007, 06:00 PM

Thimuru

idhenna vishayam...could u pm me plz

Why PM?

The Story is

Initialy K.B asked Vasanth to direct Annamalai. But Vasanth denied that offer and said '"he didn't want to direct masala actor like Rajni"

After that He suffered for 5 years. Then Maniratam helped him by giving an offer to direct "Aasai"

thimuru
1st February 2007, 06:02 PM
oho....idhan vishayama!

nerdy
1st February 2007, 06:03 PM
Rajini Kanth is known for his Selfishness and Chiranjeevi is known for his kindness.

thimuru
1st February 2007, 06:10 PM
chiru is a great person from what i have read!

Fantastic4
1st February 2007, 06:10 PM
Well said nerdy....

Ajitfederer..

nobody cares if you havnt watched chiru movies... there are people like you in andhra too where they have not seen single rajni movie till today.. so this clarifies that you can only argue on baseless issues and comes once in a while to post some meaningless crap...

CHIRU ------- Mega Mass Hero..

Alek Niranjan
1st February 2007, 06:13 PM
Well said nerdy....

Ajitfederer..

nobody cares if you havnt watched chiru movies... there are people like you in andhra too where they have not seen single rajni movie till today.. so this clarifies that you can only argue on baseless issues and comes once in a while to post some meaningless crap...

Too good fantastic4...

I cant laugh at this post... Ajitfederer what next.. i know u must be cooking something by this time.. just kidding.. :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

thimuru
1st February 2007, 06:23 PM
AF

one question...what does this mass u r referring to?

is it "hardcore fans"(verithanamana) or just fans

thimuru
deleted

selvakumar
Anyway, This thread is heading for a lock ! :lol:

nerdy
1st February 2007, 06:25 PM
chiru is a great person from what i have read!

--- digression
I have lot ot things for Rajnikanth's character. One Big example is Kamal.

Kamal helped whenever Rajnikanth is in problem but Rajin haven't done anything for Kamal sofar.

Rajnikuu Avar Vazhanum, Avar State Vazhanum.

I wouldnt mind , if rajni fans were pulling Kamal here.

Because i am not a Fan or Him. I posted this to explain how Bad Rajni as a Person.

--- Digression

nerdy
1st February 2007, 06:28 PM

Why ? :o

Everyone is discussing decently.

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 07:48 PM
Rajini Kanth is known for his Selfishness and Chiranjeevi is known for his kindness.

:lol: Is that it? Or more to come? :lol:

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 07:51 PM
--- digression

Kamal helped whenever Rajnikanth is in problem but Rajin haven't done anything for Kamal sofar.

Because i am not a Fan or Him. I posted this to explain how Bad Rajni as a Person.
--- Digression

I dint know actors accumulate mass support for their CHARACTER! Hmm, maybe priests and monks should have more mass appeal than Rajini then ... :lol:

No body pulled Chiru or talked abt this CHARACTER here ... yo're the one who's taking soooo much pain to explain how BAD Rajini is as a person, especially when yo're NOT his fan!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 07:52 PM

Why ? :o

Everyone is discussing decently.

Now that's a REAL digression ... :notworthy:

nerdy
1st February 2007, 08:03 PM
1_23_bayarea

I have many examples for this .Since this thread is not related personal things , I am not doing that.And I won't

nerdy
1st February 2007, 08:05 PM
1_23_bayarea

I have many examples for this .Since this thread is not related personal things , I am not doing that.And I won't

nerdy
1st February 2007, 08:05 PM
1_23_bayarea

nerdy
1st February 2007, 08:11 PM
--- digression

--- Digression

I dint know actors accumulate mass support for their CHARACTER! Hmm, maybe priests and monks should have more mass appeal than Rajini then ... :lol:

No body pulled Chiru or talked abt this CHARACTER here ... yo're the one who's taking soooo much pain to explain how BAD Rajini is as a person, especially when yo're NOT his fan!

I said i am not a fan of Kamal. My favorites are Chiru and Vijay.

thimuru
1st February 2007, 08:12 PM
bay...mass is straightly related with public image right?

u know how rajnis image got damaged when he refused to attend neyveli function!

if chiru does good things...it makes him a better mas star!

Fantastic4
1st February 2007, 08:16 PM

well said thimuru..

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 08:23 PM

I already told you that if you guys say Chiru has more mass appeal than Rajini, then so be it ... By just goin into all these discussions further and bringing down Rajini just cos you waana prove that Chiru is better, you are only tarnishing that same image! :roll:

If that's what your motive is, then go ahead though ... :lol:

nerdy
1st February 2007, 08:33 PM

I already told you that if you guys say Chiru has more mass appeal than Rajini, then so be it ... By just goin into all these discussions further and bringing down Rajini just cos you waana prove that Chiru is better, you are only tarnishing that same image! :roll:

M_23_BayArea

What a nice hubber you are !. :D

You never said aything bad about chiru so far. :D

MADDY
1st February 2007, 08:40 PM

bay, i think they are satisfying their egos and their frustrations.....relax-o meter fit pannu maamu..... :lol:

potruvaar potratum thootravaar thootratum, pogattum kannunukkae........sarvam krishnarpanamasthu....... 8-) .....Krishna will take care of all these.....he will take these accusations and insults on him.....dont worry.... :D ....

i think this is a good ploy for tackle ARR bashers as well... :lol:

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 08:44 PM
M_23_BayArea

What a nice hubber you are !. :D

You never said aything bad about chiru so far. :D

That's cos...

* I have not seen any movie of his (except RAANUVA VEERAN)

* I dont what's he's like in real life ...

* And I really dont care abt the actor's off-screen image or character!

* I know I'm a JERK, and I dont expect an actor (of all the ppl) to be a good HUMAN BEING ...

Thanks! :D :D :D

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 08:50 PM
bay, i think they are satisfying their egos and their frustrations.....relax-o meter fit pannu maamu..... :lol:

MADDY! :D

thimuru
1st February 2007, 09:01 PM
hello...

uday kiran issueva kondu vandhanala than ivlovum...purinjudha :lol:

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 09:03 PM
hello...

Who's Uday Kiran? Is the 2nd biggest mass hero after chiru? :? :?

nerdy
1st February 2007, 09:11 PM
hello...

Who's Uday Kiran? Is the 2nd biggest mass hero after chiru? :? :?

Uday kiran is the raising star.

Chiru's daughter loved Uday Kiran.

selvakumar
1st February 2007, 09:11 PM
NO bay,
After "POI", he is suspected to be the NO.1 MASS HERO in Tamil :D :D

Maddy, ARR bashers. Wrong quote - Wrong reply - Wrong thread ! :wink:

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2007, 09:12 PM
NO bay,

After "POI", he is suspected to be the NO.1 MASS HERO in Tamil :D :D

Got it! :P :wink: :P

Nerd
1st February 2007, 09:21 PM
hello...

apdingaLAnnA?? neenga eppavumE sariyA padikkaama dhaan pesivIngaLA?? yaaru personal life (selfish/saint/budhdha) paththi aarambichadhunnu modhalla pOyi paarunga.

nerdy post something ONLY if you have something related to the topic.

Rajini is the biggest mass hero of south india and its a universal truth 8-)

Erica
1st February 2007, 10:57 PM

now i understand why u started this thread :lol:

Designer
1st February 2007, 11:37 PM
Chiranjeevi became familiar to folks in tamil nadu only after he acted in Superstar's RAANUVA VEERAN :)

ajithfederer
2nd February 2007, 12:58 AM
i said rajinis movies are watched by more number of people in south india compared to chiranjeevi.....

Rajinis movies release in more number of centres and watched by more people....

Chirus movies arent expected by tamilans......where as rajinis movies are expected and they do run well in andhra.......rajinis movies open in TN, andhra and karnataka....as i said earllier i dont know whether his movies run in kerala.....

For a mass hero, his movies should cater to all types of audiences and one should have a proven track record of superhits in multiple languages (taking the thread title into consideration as the biggest mass hero of the south)...Rajini has mass film superhits like cm baasha padayappa both in tn and in andhra......

Chiru cant boast of a single film like that in tamil or in theother states....

End of discussion........ 8-)
8-)

AF

ajithfederer
2nd February 2007, 01:04 AM
exactly my point......there are more number of people who dont care for chiranjeevi's movies in tamilnadu compared to rajnis movies in andhra........... :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

Well said nerdy....

Ajitfederer..

Nerd
2nd February 2007, 01:46 AM
Kerela: Rajini is second only to KH 8-) That too CM thrashed chandrolsavam and it had a great run (given the fact that its a remake of their own mcthaazh)

NOV
2nd February 2007, 05:58 AM
First comes NOV.... i care a damn if u think whatever i say is suspectful.. trying to wool innocent people is something really funny.. but try something different..

why must I try anything different when you have yet to take back these words:

This shows what kind of mass power he holds in abroad. His movies runs in US , Newzealand , Australia , Canada , Bolivia , Germany , Dubai , Japan , Hongkong , Amsterdam , Singapore , Malaysia , Thailand to name some. If you have made a mistake by being over enthusiastic, so be it. But at least admit your mistake and move on. 8-)

thimuru
2nd February 2007, 03:49 PM
i said rajinis movies are watched by more number of people in south india compared to chiranjeevi.....

Chirus movies arent expected by tamilans......where as rajinis movies are expected and they do run well in andhra.......rajinis movies open in TN, andhra and karnataka....as i said earllier i dont know whether his movies run in kerala.....

For a mass hero, his movies should cater to all types of audiences and one should have a proven track record of superhits in multiple languages (taking the thread title into consideration as the biggest mass hero of the south)...Rajini has mass film superhits like cm baasha padayappa both in tn and in andhra......

8-)

AF

"proven track record of hits in multiple languages...."

then easily kamalhaasan will win hands down :lol:

m_23_bayarea
2nd February 2007, 06:19 PM

EXACTLY, I think we should replace Rajini with Kamal in this poll! Then it will be a fun thread .... :P :wink: :P

selvakumar
2nd February 2007, 06:35 PM

EXACTLY, I think we should replace Rajini with Kamal in this poll! Then it will be a fun thread .... :P :wink: :P

Sure bay !! :lol: :lol:
btw, This thread must have got more years for survival from Lord Brahma ! :roll:

ajithfederer
2nd February 2007, 09:37 PM
can u tell me kamals track record offlate? :roll: in the past 10 years in andhra?

8-)

AF

"proven track record of hits in multiple languages...."

thinkfloyd
3rd February 2007, 02:45 AM
can u tell me kamals track record offlate? :roll: in the past 10 years in andhra?

Why only in Andhra? What abt Kerala and KN?

Nerd
3rd February 2007, 03:06 AM
This is EXACTLY what bay had quoted in the shivaji thread. Whenever you guys see a comparison thread, even if KH was not compared at all, you guys must bring him and elevate him to the top, aint it :roll: I just dont get it!!

Any sane man would know that Rajini is the biggest mass hero in south India (at the moment, that is). There is no room for an argument and still you guys bring KH here.

Nerd
3rd February 2007, 03:09 AM
Why AP??

Simple: There are more movie fanatics in AP than any damn state in India. TN and AP would form almost 75% of the south Indian movie fans count 8-)

thinkfloyd
3rd February 2007, 04:22 AM
This is EXACTLY what bay had quoted in the shivaji thread. Whenever you guys see a comparison thread, even if KH was not compared at all, you guys must bring him and elevate him to the top, aint it :roll: I just dont get it!!

Any sane man would know that Rajini is the biggest mass hero in south India (at the moment, that is). There is no room for an argument and still you guys bring KH here.

Shakthi,

thinkfloyd
3rd February 2007, 04:24 AM
Why AP??

Simple: There are more movie fanatics in AP than any damn state in India. TN and AP would form almost 75% of the south Indian movie fans count 8-)
Konja naalukku munnadi neenga (naanum) Rajini ku Kerala and KN la Chiru vida adhiga mass nu pesinadha nyabagam!

Ippo neenga AP la dhaan fanatics jaasthi nu solreenga.. so are you talking about 'veri thanam' here? thought you said it didnt matter...

thinkfloyd
3rd February 2007, 04:25 AM
Enna Kodumai Saravanan Idhu :(
Yaaru illenu sonnanga?
I asked a very specific question. Did i make any sweeping statement?

thinkfloyd
3rd February 2007, 04:31 AM

Did thimiru or i say "Kamal is the biggest mass hero in S.India"? Its a very specific sentence. whether you think Kamal should not be brought into the thread or not, what thimiru says is a FACT. Does the forumhub have a problem with Kamal even if facts are stated? I JUST DON'T GET IT!

Nerd
3rd February 2007, 05:16 AM
Go back and read thimuru's posts please. Neither me nor nerdy nor alek nor AF nor bay brought KH here and why did you bring him ??

AP thing: I thought you are talking about states other than TN and AP in your last post (having RSB in mind :lol2: ) So I said mass in KL/KN does not matter since AP + TN makes 75% of south Indian movie fans. Again, rajini is bigger than chiru in KL/KN and I did accept that KH is still big in KL 8-)

Lets put an end, please :)

Lakshmana
3rd February 2007, 06:42 AM
ippo kamalukkum intha threadukkum entha vidhamaana connection illa ba! it might even be fact (it is not) but ippo thalaivar and chiru pathi pesumbothu yen kamal inge uninviteda varaaru? manmohan singh & sonia pathi discuss seiyavendiya nerathule paneer selvatha pathi oru fact eduthu uttu, "IT IS FACT" nu solluveengala?

thinkfloyd
3rd February 2007, 11:15 AM
ippo kamalukkum intha threadukkum entha vidhamaana connection illa ba! it might even be fact (it is not) but ippo thalaivar and chiru pathi pesumbothu yen kamal inge uninviteda varaaru? manmohan singh & sonia pathi discuss seiyavendiya nerathule paneer selvatha pathi oru fact eduthu uttu, "IT IS FACT" nu solluveengala?
Poi marupadiyum English padichittu va ba ischool-la....
Inga nadakkara matter-e puriyala illa unakku :rotfl:
Mods: There should be a minimum eligibility cut-off for comprehension abilities to enter the forum. Illenna namma Lachumanan madhiri padichu purinjikka theriyama olarittruppainga... :lol2:

Nerd,
Yes, let's put an end. We seem to concur on the points :)

thimuru
3rd February 2007, 11:41 AM
Go back and read thimuru's posts please. Neither me nor nerdy nor alek nor AF nor bay brought KH here and why did you bring him ??

AP thing: I thought you are talking about states other than TN and AP in your last post (having RSB in mind :lol2: ) So I said mass in KL/KN does not matter since AP + TN makes 75% of south Indian movie fans. Again, rajini is bigger than chiru in KL/KN and I did accept that KH is still big in KL 8-)

Lets put an end, please :)

nerdugaru,

af said that the person who have proven track record in all states is the biggest mass hero

based upon that i said kamal wins hands down!

are u ready to compare kamals hits in all languages with rajni...?

we shall see who have proven track record! :lol:

till u dint answer mass means "verithanama fans" or just guys who like the hero!

Hulkster
3rd February 2007, 12:03 PM
The phrase biggest mass hero has atleast two perceptions.

This thread intention seems to be going for who has a bigger fan base and able to rake in crores with his mere presence. Kamal is more of the shivaji type...a performance oriented actor whose movies might win or might not win in the box office. And he is not a mass hero as his movies are not like that. So in this case kamal seriously has no connection with the thread. If the thread had been named biggest hero in south india then kamal would have a connection...unfortunately it is differently titled so Nerd and lakhsmanan have a point.

thinkfloyd
3rd February 2007, 12:46 PM

This thread intention seems to be going for who has a bigger fan base and able to rake in crores with his mere presence. Kamal is more of the shivaji type...a performance oriented actor whose movies might win or might not win in the box office. And he is not a mass hero as his movies are not like that. So in this case kamal seriously has no connection with the thread. If the thread had been named biggest hero in south india then kamal would have a connection...unfortunately it is differently titled so Nerd and lakhsmanan have a point.

Hulkster,

1) Expectation, reach etc - Rajini
2) Veri thanam - Chiru
3) # of fans/people who like - Chiru and Rajini are the leaders by a mile in their respective states.
Other states:
AP - Rajini has done extremely well of late (after Baasha). Kamal's last blockbuster in AP was Avvai Shanmughi. Fair enough
KN - Rajini and Kamal are comparable. Kamal has given hits in Kannada, not only in dubbed films
Kerala - Kamal leads (no explanations required) followed by Rajini, though CM was big there inspite of it being a Mallu film remake (Sivaji is said to have been sold for a record)

Ajithfederer talked about giving hits in multiple languages.
List the hits of Kamal, Rajini and Chiru in languages other than their own and pl come back with the findings.

Again, it all depends on what parameter you chose - fans, veri thanam, hits in other languages. You can't put a label as per your whim and fancy saying Kamal should not be in this thread. Do you still want to deny these things?

For the record, IMO at present Rajini is the biggest mass hero in S.India and i have already made it clear here. The reason is even if we take all the parameters, kootti kazhichu paathu weightage kudutha, Rajini is the biggest. What i said about Kamal are specific points with respect to specific questions/points raised. Hope it is clear ATLEAST now :roll:

prakashhitter
3rd February 2007, 01:09 PM
BIGGEST MASS HERO RAJINI ONLY

prakashhitter
3rd February 2007, 01:15 PM
IN KERALA ALSO RAJINI HAVE LOT FANS THAN KAMAL.

RAJINI BIGGEST MASS HER

Nerd
3rd February 2007, 02:02 PM
I think thats the end of discussion 8-)

Thanks floyd. Yes we do concur atleast in this thread :fishgrin:

ajithfederer
5th February 2007, 12:20 AM
Andhra pathi na edhavadhu ennala solla mudiyum........matha rendu state pathiyum enaku avvalaa theriathu :) athanala than

Why only in Andhra? What abt Kerala and KN?

Designer
5th February 2007, 04:52 AM
Conclusion - Superstar is the Biggest Mass Hero of South India :yes: 8-)

Moderator : jaldi se iss answer ko aur, dhaage ko tala laga diya jaaye :exactly: :mrgreen:

( lock this answer and thread asap ! )

selvakumar
5th February 2007, 08:26 AM
:clap: :clap: @ thinkfloyd !!
Thought of posting exactly the samething. :clap:

Saamy
5th February 2007, 10:38 AM

This thread intention seems to be going for who has a bigger fan base and able to rake in crores with his mere presence. Kamal is more of the shivaji type...a performance oriented actor whose movies might win or might not win in the box office. And he is not a mass hero as his movies are not like that. So in this case kamal seriously has no connection with the thread. If the thread had been named biggest hero in south india then kamal would have a connection...unfortunately it is differently titled so Nerd and lakhsmanan have a point. then mass heroes have 100% success rate?????????

many of chiru latest movies are flops...

after 1990, here is the list of rajini's movies...

Athisaya piravi
naatukku oru nallavan
dharmadorai
thalapathi
pandian
mannan
ulaippaali
valli
ejamaan
veeraa
baatsha
muthu
arunachalam
padayapa
baba
chandramukhi

black - superhit/blockbuster
green - hit
blue - average
darkred - flop

totally 16 movies...
out of which, 2 were average grossers
6 flops,
4 hits,
4 superhits/blockbusters

that means, only 8 out of the 16 movies made real profits...

so does that say that rajini's presence ensures a big success????? and that too arunachalam, padayappa,and CM came after a biggggg gap which helped very much..

m_23_bayarea
5th February 2007, 08:04 PM
Chiru is the Biggest Mass Hero of South India! Period .... :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:

Movie Cop
8th February 2007, 05:06 AM
Chiru is the Biggest Mass Hero of South India! Period .... :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:
If only you would have wrongly assumed that South India = Andhra :lol:

Movie Cop
8th February 2007, 05:23 AM
Bay Area,
RK is the biggest mass hero in South India just by the sheer fans he has has all over South India and the amount of expectations and pre-release hype his movies carry even in other southern states...

In fact if you are talking about South India, KH will beat Chiru hands down, IMO... Coz KH has more # of fans in Karnataka, Kerala and even Andhra as opposed to what Chiru has in TN, Kerala or Karnataka.

Chiru is the biggest mass hero of Andhra but in South India I think it's RK followed by KH.

Hulkster ,
FYI - Mass hero is not just about doing mass roles like Auto driver, Taxi driver, Car Mechanic, Peasant roles etc... a mass hero is one who has a huge fan following in all places of a city/state... You can be a mass hero even by doing performance oriented roles (even though it is rare or difficult to reach all sections of audience)...

It is difficult for a performance oriented artiste to become a mass hero but it is not impossible... :)

Were not NTR and Nagesawara Rao mass heroes in AP during their period inspite of doing "performance" oriented roles? Is not Mamooty or Mohan Lal mass heroes of Kerala insipte of putting emphasis on acting performance? :roll:
Think! 8-)

m_23_bayarea
8th February 2007, 07:04 AM
Bay Area,
RK is the biggest mass hero in South India just by the sheer fans he has has all over South India and the amount of expectations and pre-release hype his movies carry even in other southern states...

In fact if you are talking about South India, KH will beat Chiru hands down, IMO... Coz KH has more # of fans in Karnataka, Kerala and even Andhra as opposed to what Chiru has in TN, Kerala or Karnataka.

Chiru is the biggest mass hero of Andhra but in South India I think it's RK followed by KH.

:clap: Thank You! :clap:

Fantastic4
8th February 2007, 08:01 PM
Guyz ..

Sorry .. i cudnt participate in this thread for 3 days as i way away had a wonderful darshan of lord balaji..

Now back to business.... pls dont conclude yourself and close this thread as saying Kamal or Rajni as top heroes in south india.. This simply doesnt work... this is cheating urself ..

Here are my statistics..

Megastar's MegaRecords

In 72 years of Tollywood history, Megastar is the only hero to have single,double and triple role movie records for 100 days :

Single role : 62 centers
Double role : 46 centers
Triple role : 12 centers
Megastar had 5 movies in a row to run for more than 42 100s :

Hitler
Master
Bavagaru Bagunnara
Chudalani Vundi
Sneham Kosam

Only Mega star had more than 50 days housefulls of 7 films in a row.(all moives house full with 4 shows....)
Hitler - Gazuwaka 53 days
Master - Vijaya Nagaram 75 days
Bavagaru Bagunnara - Nellore 51 days
Chooodalani undi - Vijaya nagaram 52 days
Sneham kosam - Eluru 52 days
Iddaru mitrulu - Kakinada 53 days
Annayya - Guntur 50 days
Megastar records of DOUBLE HATRICK.
Only megastar had 100 days in 14 centers of 6 films in a row.... in 9 districts..
Hitler to Iddaru mitrulu.

MEGA STAR's 7 FILMS CROSS THE 10 CRORES SHARE....

Gharana Mogudu - above 17 crores - in (1992)
Hitler - 10,62,00,000
Master - 12,60,00,000
Bavagaru bagunnara - 16,70,00,000
Chudalani Vundi - 17,50,00,000
Sneham Kosam - 10,93,00,000
Annayya - 15,55,00,000
Indra - 40,00,00,000+
Tagore - 67,00,00,000
Shankar Dada MBBS - 52,00,00,000

Since 1987 only Chiru had a hit every year to cross 10 100 days centers....

1987 pasivadi pranam 10
1988 yamudki mogudu 13
1989 attaki yamudu ammayiki mogudu 14
1990 jagadeka verudu atiloka sundari 29
1991 gang leader 39 & rowdy alludu 21
1992 gharana mogudu 39
1993 muta mestri 18
1994 mugguru mongallu12
1995 alluda majaka 27
1997 hitler 42 & master 52
1998 bavagaru bagunnara 54 & choodalani vundi 64
1999 sneham kosam 46
1999 iddaru miturlu 18
2000 annayya 62
2001 Daddy 24
2002 Indra 122
2003 Tagore 198
2004 Sankar Dada MBBS 140
(Note: In 1996, none of his films were released)

CHIRU - Just next to GOD.. (Mass Icon)

Alek Niranjan
8th February 2007, 08:04 PM
Well said fantastic4..

Gr8 going..

Showstopper - Chiru..

Main Event - Chiru..

Icon - Chiru..

thimuru
8th February 2007, 08:43 PM
alek NIRANJAN...thats in ANDRA

Nakeeran
8th February 2007, 09:13 PM
Guys

Oru Bedha Rayudu ( Nataamai telugu version ) Andhravula kalakina alavukku endha Chiru padamum TNla kalakinadhaa sarithiram illeengo

I doubt whether Chiru is highly popular in TN except in Chennai may be .

Full marks to Super starrrrrrrrrr only

nerdy
8th February 2007, 09:51 PM
Guys

Oru Bedha Rayudu ( Nataamai telugu version ) Andhravula kalakina alavukku endha Chiru padamum TNla kalakinadhaa sarithiram illeengo

I doubt whether Chiru is highly popular in TN except in Chennai may be .

Full marks to Super starrrrrrrrrr only

Nakeeeran

Bedha Rayudu ran because of Mohan Babu not because Rajni.

Summa edhavadhu sollanumeynu Sollakudadhu.

Fantastic4
8th February 2007, 09:57 PM
i accept that it is in andhra..

but show me that kind of list for rajni atleast in TN..

consecutively hits for 10 years every year..

and some guy started speaking tamil in between.. sorry but i cudnt njoy that as it was in tamil.. now u cant njoy this as i am going to write this in telugu.. if u have any telugu friend ask him the meaning abt this line..

baavi lo kappa ade samudram anukuntundi.. alaane nuvvu rajni gurinchi anukuntunnavu. tappu ledu brother..

Megastar is the only star for SouthIndia...

Nakeeran
8th February 2007, 10:40 PM
Fantastic4

You yourself agreeing that your statistics is confined to Andhra only. The topic caption is about Biggest Mass hero of South India .

Judge by yourself now !

Besides, Kamal, as compared to Chiranjeevi is more popular in South ( ofcourse Noth as well ) . If at all, there can be a comparison between KH and RK .

Nerdy,

Bedharayudu ran for thost sizzling 20++minutes of Rajini . Not for Mohanbabu !

thamizhvaanan
8th February 2007, 10:44 PM
I think nakeeran is right. Chiru is not that popular in TN as far as I see. infact, until now (the moment this thread was started) I was unsure who is telugu megastar. Blame it on my lack of cinema knowledge, but the fact is i didnt know :oops: . May be bcoz I haven seen any of my telugu friends discussing about Chiru.

But I find that RK is the visible face of heroism and stardom of south india, atleast from north indian's perspective. Coz we often see sarcastic references to his style and getup in MTV and hindi films. He was also offered roles in hindi films bcoz N.Indians see him as an unchallenged icon of stardom in south india. I really dunno where Chiru comes here, moreso since i dont remember seeing much of his posters in the city in which i live :huh:

Erica
8th February 2007, 10:55 PM
baavi lo kappa ade samudram anukuntundi.. alaane nuvvu rajni gurinchi anukuntunnavu. tappu ledu brother..

:lol: :exactly: ....that applies to you too brother :roll: alaanae meeru kooda Chiru gurinchi anukuntunnaru........tappae ledu....carry on :)

btw, you gave the statistics for Andhra and claiming that Chiru is the only star :oops: c'mon, nobody said here that Chiru is not a star. ofcourse, he is the megastar of Andhra. but, i guess South India consists of three more states called TN, Kerala and Karnataka :wink:

Erica
8th February 2007, 11:10 PM
pls dont conclude yourself and close this thread as saying Kamal or Rajni as top heroes in south india.. This simply doesnt work... this is cheating urself ..

Nobody is cheating here :P .........actually, i didn't want to reply to this thread but couldn't resist :oops:

In 72 years of Tollywood history, Megastar is the only hero to have single,double and triple role movie records for 100 days:

Only Mega star had more than 50 days housefulls of 7 films in a row.

Only megastar had 100 days in 14 centers of 6 films in a row.... in 9 districts..

this shows you don't know anything abt Rajini and Chiru is your world :D

gothru this website for SuperStars Boxoffice Records.....

http://www.rajinifans.com/others/boxoffice.asp

Nerd
8th February 2007, 11:20 PM

:lol: :exactly: ....that applies to you too brother :roll: alaanae meeru kooda Chiru gurinchi anukuntunnaru........tappae ledu....carry on :)

:confused2: :lol:

Fantastic..dont talk about AP records, please. There are more movie fanatics in AP then any part of India. We are talking about 4 states, not just AP. Come out of your shell, please :)

FYI, Rajini's next movie shivaji has been sold to record prices in the southern states.

AP - 14 Cr
KL - 4 Cr
KN - 4.2 Cr

Beat this, I say :)

Movie Cop that post of bay_area was sarcastic :lol2:

ajithfederer
8th February 2007, 11:49 PM
Good reply guys 8-)

Ramakrishna
9th February 2007, 12:19 AM
Good reply guys 8-)

intha discussionku rombo mukyamaana karuthu :lol2:

m_23_bayarea
9th February 2007, 01:12 AM
Movie Cop that post of bay_area was sarcastic :lol2:

Nerd! :evil:

Just kidding... :lol:

Yeah Movie_fan, he's right! I am a big Superstar fan, but I dint feel like getting into this discussion and proclaim something that is known to most ppl in S. India and even in N. India! Hence I made that sarcastic comment tryin to put a stop to stuff! Sorry... :cry:

Keep goin guys! Chiru's records in AP are toooo good to know! :clap:

nerdy
9th February 2007, 10:57 AM
Guys

This thread is about Biggest Mass hero(WHo has many number of Fans and do whatever for their Idol) not about who is the biggest in Box office.

Chiru's BO Collections (AP + Overseas) = Rajni's BO Collections(TN+AP+AR+FA+GL+PO+Overseas+ ....)

Rajni first movie which grossed 50c was on 2005(That too with collections in all the states). But Chiru grossed more than 50cr 3 times only from AP + Overseas+Chenanai before 2005.

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 11:31 AM
Guys
This thread is about Biggest Mass hero
Correction! biggest mass hero of south india 8-)

Chiru's BO Collections (AP + Overseas) = Rajni's BO Collections(TN+AP+AR+FA+GL+PO+Overseas+ ....) So you agree that RK has collections throughout south? Issue settled :notworthy:
plus, that is an unsubstantiated statement that u are making :) .

Rajni first movie which grossed 50c was on 2005(That too with collections in all the states). But Chiru grossed more than 50cr 2 times only from AP + Overseas+Chenanai. You failed to notice the break he has had inbetween films :) .

nerdy
9th February 2007, 11:38 AM
Guys
This thread is about Biggest Mass hero
Correction! biggest mass hero of south india 8-)

Chiru's BO Collections (AP + Overseas) = Rajni's BO Collections(TN+AP+AR+FA+GL+PO+Overseas+ ....) So you agree that RK has collections throughout south? Issue settled :notworthy:
plus, that is an unsubstantiated statement that u are making :) .

Rajni first movie which grossed 50c was on 2005(That too with collections in all the states). But Chiru grossed more than 50cr 2 times only from AP + Overseas+Chenanai. You failed to notice the break he has had inbetween films :) .

Tamizh

Biggest mass hero of south india is the hero having more number of fans (who can do whatever for hero) than anyother hero in the south india.

Chiru's Collections of AP & Overseas is matched to Rajni's 4 states plus overseas.

nerdy
9th February 2007, 11:44 AM
pls dont conclude yourself and close this thread as saying Kamal or Rajni as top heroes in south india.. This simply doesnt work... this is cheating urself ..

Nobody is cheating here :P .........actually, i didn't want to reply to this thread but couldn't resist :oops:

In 72 years of Tollywood history, Megastar is the only hero to have single,double and triple role movie records for 100 days:

Only Mega star had more than 50 days housefulls of 7 films in a row.

this shows you don't know anything abt Rajini and Chiru is your world :D

gothru this website for SuperStars Boxoffice Records.....

http://www.rajinifans.com/others/boxoffice.asp

Erica

You know how many movies of Rajnikanth in above link was hit?

In this hub , people are claiming that Vijai movies are running 100= days with out crowd.But with out know the movies listed in the above link.

Ejamaan is a benchmark in Tamil movie which ran more than 100 days without audience.

Even flop movies of chiru didn't give any losses to producers/distributors

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 11:54 AM
Biggest mass hero of south india is the hero having more number of fans (who can do whatever for hero) than anyother hero in the south india. really? :? please gimme the dictionary where u found that definition :lol2:
Your actor should have traits fitting the criteria... but rather you are twisting the criteria to match your actor's forte :? IMO even that forte is challenged, but let us not dwell into that.

See, if we are not going to review box-office performances, how do we evaluvate? Did you do a headcount on the no. of fans? :fishgrin:

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 11:56 AM
Ejamaan is a benchmark in Tamil movie which ran more than 100 days without audience.
:rotfl: And your post is a benchmark in hub for posting without any substance :rotfl2:

thimuru
9th February 2007, 11:57 AM
TAMIZHVAANAN,

REGARDING EJAMAAN HE IS RIGHT.

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 12:00 PM
you mean to say ejamaan was a flop? :huh:
thats news to me really!

Fantastic4
9th February 2007, 12:03 PM
Well said nerdy..

Where is alek???

Welcome back Erica.. just wondering where were u all these days..

never mind.. back to busines..

you came back with some funny links.. Do you really know that bhagwan dada , Maha guru , aaj ka dada , wafadaar were super duds in hindi??? and more over rajni was not solo hero in that and to my surprise some of the movies he acted as side kicks??? You picked those list from rajnifans website.. what else you can get it from???? every movie in that list were posted there as 100 days.. atleast sometimes we have to see our conscience... i thought you were genuine in arguing... ????

wake up buddy ..wake up.. its weekend time.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 12:06 PM
FYI, Rajini's next movie shivaji has been sold to record prices in the southern states.

AP - 14 Cr
KL - 4 Cr
KN - 4.2 Cr

For the eyes of ppl blinded with selective thinking :D

nerdy
9th February 2007, 12:08 PM
you mean to say ejamaan was a flop? :huh:
thats news to me really!

May be for you.

But for AVM it is another way. :lol:

Funny thing is Rajin has many flop movies than Kamal(who is not considered as a Mass hero and who has less no. of fans than Rajni). You cannot claim he is the biggest just because of Chandramuki. Jo & Vadivelu are part of it's success.

And Anniyan is most popular movie and biggest hit in all the 4 states.

Can we say Vikram is the bigger than Rajni?

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 12:17 PM
You cannot claim he is the biggest just because of Chandramuki. Jo & Vadivelu are part of it's success. ofcourse, Has chiru acted in any one character story? :huh:

nerdy
9th February 2007, 12:18 PM

AP - 14 Cr
KL - 4 Cr
KN - 4.2 Cr

For the eyes of ppl blinded with selective thinking :D

This is big gamble if it is true.

AP - 14 Cr = Rajni(30) + Shankar (50) + A.R.R(20)

Shankar has more influence than Rajni in AP

BABA padam publicitikku Chiranjeevi thaan help panninarnu.

nerdy
9th February 2007, 12:25 PM
You cannot claim he is the biggest just because of Chandramuki. Jo & Vadivelu are part of it's success. ofcourse, Has chiru acted in any one character story? :huh:

He acted in the Kannda movie called "Sippaye" in character role. That movie is super duper hit because of Chiru.

Rajni's Kannada movies are not big hits. Even his movies are not matched to the success of Kamal's super hits "Gokila & Rama Bhama & Shama".

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 12:25 PM
This is big gamble if it is true. ppl dont gamble baselessly. They know the pulse of the market.

And your hypothesis was also gud. Just wondering wether rajni is 30.1 or 29.9 :lol2: pls clarify ur findings :D

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2007, 12:30 PM
He acted in the Kannda movie called "Sippaye" in character role. That movie is super duper hit because of Chiru. :banghead: I asked if he has done any film in which there is only one character.

In any movie there is contribution from more than one person. So, it was silly to point out Jo and vadivelu's performance in chandramukhi. avanga ellaam zero, zero'kku pakkathula star number 1'a pottaa thaan centum aagum. 8-)

Ramakrishna
9th February 2007, 02:08 PM

He acted in the Kannda movie called "Sippaye" in character role. That movie is super duper hit because of Chiru.

Sema peela. :lol: That movie had a popular Kannada actor called Ravichandran. He is more popular than Chiru in Karnataka. It was because of him that the movie was a hit.

Nakeeran
9th February 2007, 02:20 PM
Rather Nagarjun is much more popular in TN with movies like Shiva , Idayathai thirudadhey etc.

Name a movie of Chiru which is damn hit in TN ? 47 natkal was a good movie of KB ( probably he tried to launch Chiru in TN ) .

Chiru may be a super star in AP but not the entire South India.

I would say Kamal is much more popular amongst the SI mass.

CHiru is a very good actor but his glory is confined to AP.

thinkfloyd
9th February 2007, 05:05 PM
Thamizhvaanan,
Nerdy is right about AVM/Yejamaan and also the fact that Rajini has had many flops - a fact that many young hubbers here are unaware of. Well, the agreement stops there :)

Nerdy,
You say biggest mass hero means the one who has more number of fans and NOT the box office records and yet you cite Chiru's box office records. If its the number of fans, Rajini wins because he is better known in AP/Kerala/KN than Chiru is known in TN/KL/KN. This has been repeated ad nauseum here...

CM - hit because of Vadivel and Jyothika?? I don't find any basis in this. First of all, the main reason was Rajini, and Jo and Vadivel contributed no doubt but that's a case with almost all movies. Its seldom a one-man show.

Designer
9th February 2007, 07:54 PM
Rather Nagarjun is much more popular in TN with movies like Shiva , Idayathai thirudadhey etc.

Name a movie of Chiru which is damn hit in TN ? 47 natkal was a good movie of KB ( probably he tried to launch Chiru in TN ) .

Chiru may be a super star in AP but not the entire South India.

I would say Kamal is much more popular amongst the SI mass.

CHiru is a very good actor but his glory is confined to AP.

I agree with Nakeeran. Nagarjun also acted in Ratchagan with Sushmita Sen bcos of which he's more well known than Chiranjeevi. The topic is about the entire South India, not just AP and based on that criteria, Superstar is much more popular than Chiranjeevi. Even my Telugu colleagues in Chennai prefer watching Superstar's movies instead of Chiranjeevi's whose films are seen only by telugu speaking people living in Chennai, and not those living in suburbs or smaller cities/towns. Whereas my colleagues tell me that, Superstar's films are watched in AP by telugu people also. To digress briefly, I have lived in North India for many years and the only Telugu actor I had heard of then (other than NT Rama Rao) was Nagarjun.

Nerd
9th February 2007, 08:44 PM
Nakee: Yes nags is more popular than chiru in TN and for records his udhayam was a hit (shiva).

Floyd: yejamAn was NOT a flop. It was saved by rigorous marketing tactics by AVM after the movie got released and started fading away.

Nerdy: Take a stand and post something related to the topic, atleast ONCE :banghead:

Erica
10th February 2007, 12:41 AM
Erica

You know how many movies of Rajnikanth in above link was hit?

In this hub , people are claiming that Vijai movies are running 100= days with out crowd. But with out know the movies listed in the above link.

Even flop movies of chiru didn't give any losses to producers/distributors

Why do you bring vj :huh: here? Who is HE when we are talking abt real LEGENDS here :roll: .....i can very well understand why you started this thread :P .......and as Nerd said, your posts are completely irrelevant to the topic :)

You cannot claim he is the biggest just because of Chandramuki. Jo & Vadivelu are part of it's success.

It applies to Chiru movies too...afterall cinema is a team effort and not a one man show. btw, if not a RAJINIKANTH movie, CM would have become a complete disaster :cry:

Erica
10th February 2007, 12:47 AM

Yes :D .........so, if you want to conclude Chiru as the winner of this thread.....go ahead and change the topic title as "The biggest Mass hero of Andhra Pradesh" :roll: ..... it's really funny to see your equations :P

Erica
10th February 2007, 12:58 AM
Welcome back Erica.. just wondering where were u all these days..

never mind.. back to busines..

you came back with some funny links.. Do you really know that bhagwan dada , Maha guru , aaj ka dada , wafadaar were super duds in hindi??? and more over rajni was not solo hero in that and to my surprise some of the movies he acted as side kicks??? You picked those list from rajnifans website.. what else you can get it from???? every movie in that list were posted there as 100 days.. atleast sometimes we have to see our conscience... i thought you were genuine in arguing... ????

wake up buddy ..wake up.. its weekend time.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thx Fantastic :) .......what was so funny abt that link :huh: ..........why bring Hindi movies success/flops when this topic is abt South Indian Mass Hero :D .........Ofcourse, RK did small roles in Hindi...but, people wanted him to be part of their movies since he was very popular in South.....that shows his popularity and IMO it's a real honour....i think i already posted a link why Rama Rao selected RK for his 'Andha Kanoon' instead of Chiru :)

ok now you will not believe in the hits of Rajini but, you want us to say Chiru's hits r real records. :roll: Can i give you a list of Chiru's SO CALLED HITS? :wink: ..........:lol: i agree i'm not good in arguing...... but how abt giving an answer to this post of nerd....show your records in other states :P

AP - 14 Cr
KL - 4 Cr
KN - 4.2 Cr

m_23_bayarea
12th February 2007, 04:06 AM
:clap: Top Notch Erica! :ty:

Fantastic4
15th February 2007, 07:45 PM
Hi Erica

I am not sure abt the other states but the rights for shivaji movie in andhra is 7 crores.. as u copied from someone saying that it has been soldout for 14crs is real stupid.. do u know till now anniyan is the biggest hit of dubbing movies in AP???

Below is what the real news. read..

Film Talk: Fight Between NV Prasad and Bellamkonda Is Hot

While Bellamkonda claim that he bagged Shivaji rights for AP, producer NV Prasad gave a notice stating that the rights are reserved with him and legal action will be take if anyone claims the same. Freshly Bellamkonda says that he got the rights from original producers and the involvement of anyone in the middle can be ignored.

Unofficial sources say that Rajni Kanth and Shanker gave a word to NV Prasad stating that the rights will be given for him. But there has been nothing on paper and NV Prasad also paid nothing for them. The agreement of NV Prasad with AVM people was to buy the rights at Rs. 9 Crore. Meanwhile, Bellamkonda bagged the rights by paying an advance of Rs. 7 Crores for AVM. Since, Bellamkonda is ready with huge sum; rights are given away for him.

While the issue is in this way, on the other hand, a Chennai based film magazine stated that the AP rights of Shivaji are tentatively booked by a big director and producer of Telugu Film Industry who is a key person in Central Ministry.

So, the clouds on this issue are to be cleared only by official sources

So here onething can be clarified that whoever published that 14cr crap is real funny stuff and they need to be more mature in posting such silly comments..

Also i didnt brought those hindi movie records someone else did that and i just tried to show them what the reality is ....coming to the point where rama rao opted for rajni than chiru is only of one factor and that is caste.. i am sure all the guyz here in this thread hate this caste stuff but this is real.. they cant stand each other as both of them belong to two different castes.. this point was clarified here.. rama rao is known for that.. he used his political power to supress chiru while he was CM for AP just to promote his son balayya.. i think we have already deviated from the topic..

now coming back to our topic.. u said u can bring some real records of chiru .. can u pls help me in getting some??? i am eagerly waiting for it..

Chiru - The Almighty...

Nerd
15th February 2007, 09:27 PM
Below is what the real news.

Who are you to say that :huh:

Where are your reading glasses ?? I guess they are not as fantastic as your handle :rotfl:

The agreement of NV Prasad with AVM people was to buy the rights at Rs. 9 Crore. Meanwhile, Bellamkonda bagged the rights by paying an advance of Rs. 7 Crores for AVM. Since, Bellamkonda is ready with huge sum; rights are given away for him.

Do you get it now ?? You have just made a fool out of yourself.

Going by your info (that isnt true anyways), the advance of shivaji rights is 7 crores. ADVANCE means they will pay more. Simple. Can any chiru movie ever be sold for that price ?? Answer this I say. I know you never can :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You are not fantastic, you are funnytastic :P

ajithfederer
15th February 2007, 10:42 PM
That sums up everything :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
Who cares abt chiru movies in TN/KL :?: :lol:
At present , rajini biggest mass hero of the south 8-)

Can any chiru movie ever be sold for that price ??[/b] Answer this I say. I know you never can :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You are not fantastic, you are funnytastic :P

m_23_bayarea
16th February 2007, 07:04 AM
To all Rajini fans: How will this thread shape up if SIVAJI flops big time? :oops:

Fantastic4
16th February 2007, 12:31 PM
Nerd.

I think u have started taking things personal.. be polite in replying.. if not we can handle these things in a different way too..

what do you mean by saying "who are you to say that".. the same question i ask you now.. who the hell are you to say that.. if u are here to talk abt rajini i am here to talk abt chiru..

see this is internet world and no news is far from anyone.. u'll come to know what is the exact amount paid for shivaji rights..

if u think (which normally u dont do anytime) my info is not true how abt u?? u come up with some real crap all the time with your own lucky numbers regarding rajini movies rights or hit numbers..

Someone in this thread said longtime back if "verritanam" is real mass following of any hero , only chiru has such mass power.. Chiru fans can do anything for their megastar... can rajini fans do anything for their superstar atleast in TN??? this ends everything..

boxoffice hits varies from one movie to another.. anniyan was a smashhit in ap , even CM(so called hit of rajini) couldnt beat anniyan's record.. so lets not discuss abt records here .. they are meant to be broken every now and then.. before the release of CM chiru is highest paid actor in india... if his image is limited only to AP then people in the industry are not crazy enough to pay him huge amounts.. ...if chiru gives another runaway hit like indra , tagore or shankardada then he will be again on top slot...

mass power is something which is beyond all these records....

If chiru is god of masses , rajini will always be next to him..

Now this is fantastic... try changing your name from nerd to jack...

Alek Niranjan
16th February 2007, 12:41 PM
Fantastic4

Excellant Post. :D

Nerd
16th February 2007, 07:53 PM
I think its like talking to a deaf guy here. veRithanamaana fans == mass thats news to me :rotfl: We are talking about who is more popular in AP/TN/KL/KN and whose movies have a run there. Chiru's movies in TN :rotfl:

Now try to come up with something that makes sense atleast once please :banghead:

thimuru
16th February 2007, 08:03 PM
nerd...he tries to convey that mass audience refers to verithanamana fans...not just fans!

so if rajni is the biggest seller in south india...but chiru has great mass...little logical

m_23_bayarea
16th February 2007, 08:26 PM
How can we define VERITHANAMAANA fans? :roll:

Can we come up with some items and make a comparison plssss? :?

Nerd
16th February 2007, 09:12 PM
nerd...he tries to convey that mass audience refers to verithanamana fans...not just fans!

In which dictionary? I don't want to buy that :huh:

Rajini's movies have greater expectation than any other actor's movie in south india. Period.

Refute this statement:

NO one cares about chiru's next release in TN (except the telugu speaking people of course). And you know that people are FIGHTING for claiming shivaji's AP rights, right :twisted:

Erica
16th February 2007, 09:17 PM
Fantastic,

I agree that Chiru has verithanamana fans. but, they are constrained only within AP. You urself accepted that, you are not sure abt other states in SI.....so, that explains everything.

Considering whole South India RK definitely wins the race as a mass entertainer.....I know it's hard for you to accept this as a Chiru fan......but, it is what it is :D

before the release of CM chiru is highest paid actor in india
:notthatway: Do you know SS's salary? It has become unpredictable long back :roll:

u said u can bring some real records of chiru .. can u pls help me in getting some??? i am eagerly waiting for it..
i can talk abt this....but it would deviate from this topic discussion....for eg. Stalin celebrated it's 50th day in 394 centers..but, is it true my friend????? :roll: ....atleast be honest here. This movie was removed in most of the centres within 10 days. They rereleased it on 48th/49th day just for this record show up :banghead: It actually ran in around 120 centres for 50 days. that's why i said i don't believe in these records. anyway, this would go off the topic :evil: ...coming to the point, forget Chiru's hits or record breaks in AP, and RK's hits in TN. Speak about who rules in South India.

Erica
16th February 2007, 09:27 PM
To all Rajini fans: How will this thread shape up if SIVAJI flops big time? :oops:
:shock: ....yen indha vibareedha aasai? btw, ur avatar is :thumbsup:

thinkfloyd
16th February 2007, 11:40 PM
The case is adjourned till the 17th of Feb 2008.
Anyone who disobeys the court verdict will be charged with contempt of court. Order order!