PDA

View Full Version : Indrans-on the comedy circut

padmanabha
15th January 2007, 12:34 PM
[tscii:c303d327fa]Not in his wildest dream did Indrans ever imagine that he would become face the camera, would become a film actor and would win mass favor. Theatre was not new to him as he was participated in amateur plays.
But he could not take theater seriously as family circumstances forced him to earn a living. So he was sent as an apprentice to tailors.
“But the master considered my interest in plays as a nuisance” reveals Indrans candidly. “My mother wanted me master tailoring. IN fact it is this skill that bridged me with the film world. Choothattam is his debut film as a costume designer. “I acted in just one scene and was asked to dub the dialogue as well” remembers Indrans. Even I never knew that there is a scope for costume designer in the film industry. It was producer Charlie who offered me a chance to assist him in costume designing. I had the opportunity to meet Prem Nazir the ever green hero, Sattar, Pappu, Jose Prakash and Jayabharathi. But I concentrated only in designing costumes.

Soon Indrans started getting fresh assignments from well known directors like Padmarajan, Venu Nagavally, Shaji N Karun, Sibi Malayil and K Madhu. FOR films like Njan Gandharvan I had to work meticulously. I abstained from acting during this period” informed Indrans.
“This actor feels that CID UNNI KRISHANAN was a turning point in his career as an actor. Ulsavamelam is his first film-the poster of which carried his picture as well. Luckily his brand of comedy clicked. Since then I am busy till date” he said. :lol:
Indrans had acted in more than 200 films. The comedy created by Adoor Bhasi, Bhadoor, and JAGATHI Sreekumar can never replicated. Adoor Gopalakrishnan and T V Chandran too offered him roles. He is on the look out characters pulsating with vigor, and sense of humor. Next time when you slouch into your seat with popcorn enjoying his twisting neck movements, chuckles remember what we see is the only the tip of the ice berg. He has immense potential which is yet to be tapped.

[/tscii:c303d327fa]