PDA

View Full Version : Racial abuse over actress Shilpa Shetty in UK TV show

Nakeeran
18th January 2007, 02:53 PM
Racist slur is quite common in sport like Soccer / cricket .

Its exposed now in tv shows as well in UK :shock:

Shilpa Shetty unwittingly became the symbol of officially multi-cultural Britain's very public, sometimes two-faced, fight against racism on Tuesday with at least 4,500 viewers of the much-watched reality TV show 'Celebrity Big Brother' officially complaining the film star is being victimised and bullied on live television because she's 'Indian'
(A popular programme which Sony TV also follows in Indian channels )

Ofcom, Britain's official television watchdog, confirmed late on Tuesday that viewers' complaints said "it's racism pure and simple (against Shetty)".

Appalled viewers across the board - white, brown and black have been objecting from Monday evening to Shetty's treatment by white housemates. This includes one contestant repeatedly referring to Shetty as "the Indian" and refusing to pronounce her name; another alleged to have described her as a 'Paki'; a third describing her as a "dog"; a 'girl gang' of three poking fun at her accent and still others making derogatory comments about India's habitual ill-health just because Shetty presented a slightly underdone chicken curry to the inmates of the Big Brother house.

The row over Shetty escalated late on Tuesday with Britain's race relations watchdog, the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) getting involved and Ofcom promising a thorough investigation of the allegedly racially-charged events centring around Shetty.

In a sign that an appalled Britain is taking the anguished Shetty to its heart and as a cause celebre for wider issues, Lousie Bufitt-Dons of the campaign group 'Act against Bullying', said the Indian star represented a certain well-bred kind of modern girl who "doesn't get on very well with gang culture".

Bufitt-Dons added, in a well-judged reference to a groundswell of sympathy for Shetty that she now has "huge public support". Observers said Shetty, who was initially not in the running to win the show, may now have the bonus of benefiting from the racist bullying and actually stand a chance of winning.

Channel 4, which has always managed to rack up the headlines and generate oodles of revenue with four previous editions of Celebrity Big Brother, told TOI, it had received no complaints about racism from Shetty herself so far. It also confirmed that daily audience figures for the programme were averaging the high four-million mark. Cynical TV critics said controversies such as the 'Shilpa-and-racism' story are a boon to Channel 4 because it cannot afford audience figures to flatline and controversies ensure viewers stay hooked to the reality show.

But Channel 4 rejected the charge and said on Tuesday that it takes "this matter very seriously and Big Brother does not tolerate bullying or racist abuse in any form. Big Brother is closely monitoring all the housemates and will take appropriate measures to reprimand such behaviour where necessary."

It added, "The social interactions and dynamics of the group are one of the key parts of the BB story and viewers have a right to see these portrayed accurately - however this is balanced with our duty not to broadcast material that may cause unjustifiable offence."

Channel 4 said Shetty had not indicated any desire to leave the Big Brother house and the show.

Shetty, who surprised her fans just weeks ago by electing to take part in a reality TV programme that has often been described as vacuous pap, has already bared her soul to millions of Britons by spending much of her time on the show in floods of tears.

The actress started her tryst with the gritty world of British television on a bad note by regaling her housemates with an account of her fame, fortune and undoubted star appeal back home. This prompted Shetty's bemused housemates, who include a disgraced beauty pageant winner, an illiterate former dental nurse, pop star Michael Jackson's brother and a former teeny-bopper pop groupie, to label her 'Princess'. It also resulted in millions of Britons to take to web forums and chartrooms with the criticism that "Shilpa is self-obsessed and pompous".

But in a sign that the alleged racist bullying is creating a wellspring of warmth for Shetty, new fan forums began appearing on Tuesday. In one forum, a commentator called 'Icemaiden02' said "I too am a Shilpa fan and the happenings of the house have led to people either really liking her, or really disliking her ..." Another, called 'shilpa_fan' applauded the actress and a third called 'x-stacey-x' offered the well-judged comment, "I don't like Shilpa too much but that comment isn't very nice". Yet another contributor on a forum said Big Brother "shouldn't allow racism. (The offending contestants) Jack and Jade should be evicted. I blame the programme's producers".

Contributor 'Readmymind' on yet another forum, said "there were definitely incidents of racism, for example when complaining that Shilpa had undercooked the chicken suggesting that in India that is how all chicken in cooked, which in turn makes 'them' ill, which in turn makes 'them' stay slim."

An Ofcom spokeswoman said complaints about racist bullying of Shetty "are coming in their droves."

At least one evicted Big Brother housemate, Carole Malone, has said the bullying is motivated by jealousy. "Shilpa is too good-looking for her own good..."She's an incredibly powerful and beautiful woman. She is a very strong woman and can handle it. I spoke to her about it when I was in the house."

She added: "Shilpa feels that she represents the Indian/Asian community and doesn't want to let them or herself down by retaliating

thumburu
18th January 2007, 03:08 PM
Nakeeran, how relevant is this to TFM?
"Nakeeranin post endraalum kutram kutrame.
Yaar ange ? indha Nakeeranukku thakka dhandanai kodungaL"

Nakeeran
18th January 2007, 03:11 PM
Hi Thumburu

I wanted to post the topic under MISCELLANEOUS. Wonder how it landed up here. :roll:

Ok. Racial abuse is CRIMINAL according to me :evil:

thimuru
18th January 2007, 04:06 PM
nakeera...enna vilayatu idhu in TFM

Nakeeran
18th January 2007, 05:08 PM
[tscii:766796ba67]Police on Wednesday stepped into the escalating row over the racist bullying of Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty on Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother show after it emerged that her housemates had received "threatening" e-mails.

At least four of Ms. Shetty's housemates have been accused of bullying, which included calling her "Paki," mocking her accent, saying she wanted to be "white," sniggering at her cooking, asking her whether she lived in a "shack," refusing to call her by her name, and referring to her as "the Indian."

Ms. Shetty, who entered the Big Brother House earlier this month "hoping" to keep her "self-respect and dignity" intact, has been reduced to tears in the past few days. She asked: "Why do they hate me?'' Channel 4 said it was taking the issue seriously, but insisted that Ms. Shetty had not voiced any concerns herself.

As angry Indian viewers continued to flood the media watchdog, Ofcom (Office of Communications), and Channel 4 with complaints, a police spokesman said: "We can confirm Hertfordshire Constabulary have been made aware of two e-mails that have been received by the television studios that contain unspecified threats against a number of the housemates."

It is wrong: Blair

Prime Minister Tony Blair on Wednesday joined the growing condemnation of racism after the Asian Labour MP, Keith Vaz, raised the issue in the Commons. Downing Street said Mr. Blair would not comment on a programme he had not seen, but added: "His position on racism is well known — racism of any kind is wrong."

New Delhi Special Correspondent writes:

The Centre asked the Indian High Commission to look into the matter. Information and Broadcasting Minister Priyaranjan Dasmunsi said he consulted External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, in this regard.

[/tscii:766796ba67]

dsath
18th January 2007, 08:18 PM
This controversy has sure been successful in improving the ratings of Big Brother. I have never been interested in this program and never saw an episode before this controversy. Took a peep to see what the fuss was abt. Its just absurd that a rubbish program like this is getting all this attention. :evil:
It will be pure hypocrisy if we Indians cry racism. We in India practice institutionalized racism and discrimination in the name of caste. Clean up your house before you find dirt in others.

kannannn
18th January 2007, 08:45 PM
dsath, guess what I do when I can't sleep in the nights?! I watch Big Brother and like magic, I instantaneously fall asleep. I could never understand the hype surrounding the program. Meanwhile the no. of complaints against Channel 4 has risen to 27,000 - the highest so far against any program ever telecast.

Here is a look at racism in Britain beyond Big Brother:
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article2162870.ece

Raghu
18th January 2007, 09:46 PM
This controversy has sure been successful in improving the ratings of Big Brother. I have never been interested in this program and never saw an episode before this controversy. Took a peep to see what the fuss was abt. Its just absurd that a rubbish program like this is getting all this attention. :evil:
It will be pure hypocrisy if we Indians cry racism. We in India practice institutionalized racism and discrimination in the name of caste. Clean up your house before you find dirt in others.

well said, However, it is only hooligans and uneducated Morons get into the Big Brother show, it is purely meant for the low level creatures full of Ignorance and stupidity...

How the hell did some1 like Shilpa get into it? would ppl loose their morals for money, ?? come on man!

This is GOOD example for those Indians who worship the whites and follow their Cultures and Language, first of all stop speaking dumb English amongs Tamilians , stop using Tanglish and then complain about how the whites treats the indians?, the uneducated Ignorant whites treats Indians like dirt while the indians would fall at their feet and kiss their feet, damn it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rohit
19th January 2007, 04:07 AM

dsath, guess what I do when I can't sleep in the nights?! I watch Big Brother and like magic, I instantaneously fall asleep. I could never understand the hype surrounding the program. Meanwhile the no. of complaints against Channel 4 has risen to 27,000 - the highest so far against any program ever telecast.

well said, However, it is only hooligans and uneducated Morons get into the Big Brother show, it is purely meant for the low level creatures full of Ignorance and stupidity...

How the hell did some1 like Shilpa get into it? would ppl loose their morals for money, ?? come on man!

This is GOOD example for those Indians who worship the whites and follow their Cultures and Language, first of all stop speaking dumb English amongs Tamilians , stop using Tanglish and then complain about how the whites treats the indians?, the uneducated Ignorant whites treats Indians like dirt while the indians would fall at their feet and kiss their feet, damn it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well said by all three of you.

Just watched a few glimpses of the show some time ago, it really is a hideous show. It is the show of the people on the wrong side of the tracks for the people on the wrong side of the tracks. I have never watched the show ever again. Even after listening to the news about the controversy, I have not bothered to see exactly what was going on in the show.

Tia
19th January 2007, 04:22 AM
btwww i got a thread for this in the tv and serials section too....called big brother....

ITS SOOOO ANNOYING?!
i meann wht was wif that shilpa papadom?!!!!! shilpaf***awala?!!!!!!!! and i mean yesterdayyy!

oo my gawddd! whys she' making a big flippin fuss out of?! I WANT TO GET RID OF JADE :evil: they live in the same house and she aint bova to get her name?

and my teacher (english) said that jade was a total uneducated wolly in our history lesson since our topic is on racism and civil rights and none of my friends agree with jade and stuff

i basically think its cos they are JEALOUSSS! totally jealousssss! cos shilpa is more rich, pretty and has a bigger backup from bollywood and more famous!

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=9085

Tia
19th January 2007, 04:28 AM
Right...well i think jade needs some manners...look ar her sitting on ther chair answering the questions 2day? like a lazy ass! no offence meant there! buttt!

well this programma is really badd and medias exaggerating it farrr too much! cos till date...i'v lived in england all my life and never come across any racial problems! buttt this thing just makes england look soo dumb and racist and many people are gonna think it reflects the british society?! :banghead: but i mean i guess there are people like that...the rele loww uneducated people e.g. jade....WHT IS A FETUS? WHT ARE ESCEMRES? i meannnnn I swearr my 6 year old sis would be able to tell u the answer to tht!!!!

and i swearrrrrr (whts her name! frgt) her bf was sooooooooooo embarrassed yesterday! he was like stopppppppppppppppp! i mean basically jade is just ruining the look of english people and making em luk stupid! thts bad at the first place since all of them aren't like that...secondlyyyy...this is gonna cause sum problem i tell ya! already theres tension between muslims in this country...now indias cos of this stupid wollyfied bia*** jade?!

i swear she is gonna get beaten up by some ppl in London ne time soon!

Tia
19th January 2007, 04:34 AM
exactlyyy i hate it when tamilz show off tht they can speak english but they speak it soo bad....like...kallo kow are chu?! noo offence! i hear tamil people say hello how are you in that way trying to be englishh down here! and its like whyy?! we can cccc tht ur not english howeva much u die ur hair blonde with red highlights whtso eva whereva u go u aint gona b cn as white...i mean chineese people in england blab on in thier own language anywhere....its only tamils tht i find tht try to be english in a posh way :banghead:

Tia
19th January 2007, 04:36 AM
they should stop this nonsense strictly bcos it makes the english look foolish which actually most of them are decent and one idiot like jade or jo are basically representing them! i mean come on! and there is gonna be serioussss issues wif this racism and i can imagine it turning bigggg....its all over my school :oops: where ever i turn thts all i hear !

Badri
19th January 2007, 05:12 AM
shilpa shetty has apparently withdrawn her charge. Here's a news item from the Hindu today.

Hmm, may be time to lock this thread, as it is no longer relevant?:roll::wink:

Bollywood actress, Shilpa Shetty, at the centre of a fierce row over alleged racist slur hurled at her on a British reality TV show, on Thursday night withdrew her charge that she was the victim of racism.

"I don't feel there was any racial discrimination from Jade's (one of the contestants of the show the Big Brother) end," the British Channel 4 television quoted her as saying in a statement put on its website.

On Wednesday, Shilpa had told a fellow participant that she was the victim of racial remarks. Shilpa suggested that she had made the charge in the heat of the moment.

But the Channel quoted her this evening as saying that "I don't feel there was any racial discrimination happening from Jade's end. I don't think that's true. I think there's lots of insecurities from Jade, but it's definitely not racial."

The Big Brother asked her if she still thought that Jade's argument with her two days ago was racially motivated. Shilpa shook her head.

"No, I take it back. Everyone was having an argument. I don't think that is true now. People say things in a fit of anger. But I stand corrected," the actress said.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200701190301.htm

Tia
19th January 2007, 05:28 AM
I really don't think shilpa should quit! because most of the support out of that house is for her from all races except for extreme ppl!

she should stay in and win...even if she doesnt win she has to only go after jade and jo...NOT before them :evil: teach em racial fools a lesson...they gotta get their feet around my town man they r jus gonna get sum baddddd badd beef! :evil:

goodsense
19th January 2007, 09:13 AM
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article2162870.ece

I find this article very useful in supporting what I have been saying to Anglo-Saxon descendants in positions of power here in Canada, who are pretending as if they don't know what is going on in their mother country. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :froggrin:

They are trying to keep down the best of us because we are a threat to their positions, :argh: and then invest in creating a condition to tell a different story in covering what they have done and they cooperate very well among themselves in achieving such a common objective. :noteeth: But can they succeed? :mrgreen: They can't fool the honest people and the people who know you from before. :smokesmile:

Braandan
19th January 2007, 10:02 AM
it would be good sense to lock the thread

goodsense
19th January 2007, 10:15 AM
Badri, it's OK to lock this thread for the purpose you suggested. But the good thing/sense is, it would not prevent it being used as evidence for a Good Samaritan who have already invested years trying to tell the same story (on old forum and this new forum which most of you here are witnesses of) now surfacing from obvious credible source(s).

May be many of you found it hard to believe since during those years, I was suffering from the impact of the crimes and other violations I suffered in Britain for a long period - something call - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). While attempts were made to cover the evidence of those crimes and other violations and the true basis for them, they misconstrued the effects of it, (severe PTSD) conveniently while creating (this creation involved other high levels of crimes) evidence to support this misconstruction. I need not repeat it. Sadly, at the time many may have bought into it. But the truth eventually comes out and the truth hurts certain people especially, after all the defenses and attacks. :wink:

Attention has already been drawn to it, in particular the link, and I have nothing more to do with this thread.

Lambretta
19th January 2007, 12:53 PM
This is GOOD example for those Indians who worship the whites and follow their Cultures and Language, first of all stop speaking dumb English amongs Tamilians , stop using Tanglish and then complain about how the whites treats the indians, the uneducated Ignorant whites treats Indians like dirt while the indians would fall at their feet and kiss their feet, damn it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:exactly: :thumbsup:

:( :sigh2:

Alan
19th January 2007, 01:40 PM
I'm not a great fan of Shilpa's looks, acting or plunging necklines but this sort of thing should NOT be done to anybody. RACISM is an UGLY DISEASE.

I wonder why she took back her charge? Is it to get more pity?

PS: Sorry it was a typos. I've edited it.

selvakumar
19th January 2007, 02:14 PM
I'm not a great fan of Shilpa's looks, acting or plunging necklines but this sort of thing should be done to anybody. RACISM is an UGLY DISEASE.

I wonder why she took back her charge? Is it to get more pity?

:shock: :roll: :confused2:

Raghu
19th January 2007, 04:11 PM
It's girly rivalry as well, the girls could not stand Shilpa's looks, and it is as simple as that!!!

Nakeeran
19th January 2007, 05:42 PM
The main objective was to discuss about racism across the globe & Shilpa Shetty is just a case .
Hence, I request Mr. Badri to give long life to this thread

Raghu
19th January 2007, 08:05 PM
NakeeraRe

4get about the racism in UK and abroad, let's clean the dirt in our street b4 embank to the streets!

1) why do WE(indians) Descriminate againts caste and Colour????

2) why do WE(indians) have racial attitudes amongs fellow Indians??? why do mumbai wallas call Tamilians black madrases???

there are so many problem in our back yard, we will then think about other countries!!!

Nakeeran
19th January 2007, 09:57 PM
Raghu sir

I have mentioned ACROSS THE GLOBE which includes India also .

Similarly even tamilians play fun on Hindi also. So its not one sided sir.

Tia
19th January 2007, 11:50 PM
Exactly Raghu! the main reason why they got shilpa is cos she's prettier, more famous and intelligent and got a back-up.....even many of my white friends think that too...

its bascially a girlyyy bitching jealousy!

Tia
22nd January 2007, 05:13 AM
Jades bin evicted :redjump:

sh'es trying to cause sympathy by saying tht its her biggest mistake in her life doing tht to shilpa and tht she's scared her family is gonna get abused....

well thanx to her for making shilpa famous :lol: and all her perfumes have bin scrapped and i'm waiting for headlines 2moro on msn webpage and the news : "--deleted by Moderator--

Anoushka
22nd January 2007, 02:30 PM
The main objective was to discuss about racism across the globe & Shilpa Shetty is just a case .
Hence, I request Mr. Badri to give long life to this thread I should say I was surprised to find on this in our hub :) Anyway, my take on this is Jade's ignorance comes out more than racism here. Anyone who knows how ignorant Jade is from her previous qoutes (like, she thought Hare Krishnas were a sect called Harry Christians :rotfl: ) will know how dumb she is and I think the people who know her better know to take it as a dumb person's remark rather than racism! :)

Alan
22nd January 2007, 02:37 PM
May be Jade just got too jealous of Shilpa. I can see how idiotic the former looks.

Lambretta
22nd January 2007, 04:17 PM
Incidentally I've been wondering how & y on earth a celeb. like Shilpa Shetty whoz obv. rich & famous here decided to get into a UK-based TV show....? :roll: :?
'never even knew shez acted in tat show until I saw it on the news....
Is she like, short of money tat she was ready to enter wat is said (by sum hubbers here) to be a cheap TV show tats considered a sheer waste of time by UK viewers themselves?
Or is this sum kinda radical fem. idea of hers to prove tat desi women can cross ne screen barrier, silverscreen or small screen....?? :huh: :roll:

Anoushka
22nd January 2007, 05:22 PM
Lamby: Big Brother is a reality show that has been happenning for the past few years, some of us think that is a dumb show and some think it is great...

When BB is on, there will always be a crowd in the lunch room discussing it!

I heard that Shilpa was paid something like 130,000 British pounds (not sure if this is right) to take part in this show. And again, I heard somewhere that she said her reason for taking part in that show was to represent India.... don't know how true this is either!

The other celebrities in the BB house at the moment include one of the Jackson 5 brothers, one guy from the band "Steps", etc!

I don't know where on earth the Channel 4 guys got the idea from to rope in Shilpa Shetty for this show.

manuel
22nd January 2007, 06:39 PM
check this article from Vir Sanghavi - the editor of hindustan times

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1905830,0008.htm

he says "I don't think Celebrity Big Brother is a huge racist outrage. It's a cynical reality show where people are paid large sums of money to be abused........ "

goodsense
23rd January 2007, 10:03 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1905830,0008.htm

"And of course the UK is a deeply racist society...Compared to the kind of racism that Asians in Britain sometimes have to face, the Big Brother abuse is kid stuff". Agree, although I am not Asian.

Some of it are hate crimes - when you tell the truth and it doesn't go down well. Then they would hide what you said (or part of it to relfect differently) and carry on with the crimes and then hide all evidence of the crimes they have committed against you (said before but saying it in a different way to make it more clear).

Someone following this forum and know well enough about my experiences in Britain as a student, steps taken including those after my return to Canada and what continued to happen here, has sent me this:

Hi Ormila, like I said, all colleges and universities are masters at covering up crime. It is their life and reputation they want to protect, and they will go all out to obliterate you. Even overseas. Many of the deans or chancellors are in lodges or are freemasons. A place where many top professionals are inducted into. Here in this brotherhood, deals are made, businesses passed to one another, contracts steered or shifted this way and that to members, loyalties are affirmed, and a way to evade the law and doge scandals is hatched and carried out. Once again, this is a part of what you might be up against. But keep trying even if it takes a lifetime. You will get justice and they will be exposed.

_______

After seeing the above article, I decided to post this. People viewing the Guyana Indians thread were asking questions about the outcome so far on my efforts. This would be a good response; relevant here and there. Where are Jezz, Ellen and others who were monkeying and masquerading about on old and new hub? :wink:

shanthi
29th January 2007, 02:48 AM
http://thestar.com.my/columnists/story.asp?file=/columnists/2007/1/21/behindtheheadlines/16638373&sec=Behind%20The%20Headlines

Hi everyone,
I felt that I might just as well include something along the same vein. Thought this column might be of interest to some. .

Tia
29th January 2007, 03:08 AM
SHILPA WON!!!

Lambretta
29th January 2007, 02:38 PM
Uh, good for her I guess.....:|

goodsense
29th January 2007, 10:05 PM
[tscii:3599349811]When we talk about racial abuse and class, we need to look deeply in ourselves first.

As I always believe, each COW feels for its own CALF. I can’t help to say that here is the classic example.

Over the four years period I have been writing about my years of ordeal in Britain and its various impacts, no Indian reacted as they did in this Shilpa case which one puts as kind stuff. The same facts were presented to people from my own community who browed this forum and the reaction was different. I will now post the reaction (which I withtheld from publication for months) I had since July 2006 from those who read what I was writing on this forum and old forum - the response to the reaction of some people on this and old forum.

First, I will start with how someone from my own community views my difficulties in Britian (some such views were already published on this forum) and the views from those (predominantly from the Indian sub-continent) on forum since late 2002, which speak for themselves:

1. Against powerful influences, there is no winner. Circumstances + Exposure = Experience. Y ou may have to write a book eventually as a consolation to narrate your experiences. Best of luck.

2. Quite a story. Obviously somebody is an expert at making this case stretch itself out, by a series of criminal involvement. The basic idea here is a plan to damage your credibility and in the process frustrate you enough to cause you to drop this case.

3. The only hope you might have at some sort of redress to yourself is to write a book. On your own. One with devastating consequenses implicating all those involved, and stating that this is the reason why you are writing it, and disclosing the facts and cover up of what is actually going on at these so called "morally and ethically upstanding " universities.

4. It appears they have got you covered. Someone with an elaborate set up has all your personal information. How is this possible? They either paid a private security firm, or used the internet. I suspect that a person with the knowledge of legal matters, and the bugging of telephones, house,office, and apartment break ins, as well as mail tampering, are advising those who seek to discredit you. You have to be careful what you write, or say on the phone, since your total security might be compromised. It may be advisable to secretly set up a camera to monitor your mail box, front door, the street where you travel, or your immediate surroundings.

NB. Caesar think internet was part of it - but was happening long before I got on Internet - happening since 1996 - got personal details then from video (e.g. mother's maiden name used for security to my bank account) and others when I was burgled on numerous occassions since 1996.

By: Caesar Agustus, July 2006

How the responses on forum and what GOPIO represents are
viewed:

1. These people are not to be trifled with. They are thinkers, calculators. Very tricky. Every move has a purpose to advance. Only an Indian living in India can understand them. To an outsider, you are not welcome in their circle of trust. Their economics also involve their children marrying into a house of wealth. There
are several stories over here in the USA where the girl ran off with someone else after finding out that she was promised by her parents unknowing to herself, to a well to do old doctor or a businessman. The last one a few months ago, after the girl ran away and boarded the plane to go to her boyfriend, her brothers called in a bomb threat to the aircraft. They are now in prison and facing a six figure fine. Some are about Indian immigration day, others are Gopio newsletters which I did not read. As I mentioned, do not allow yourself to be carried away by the flood of circumstances. Only a clean break will absolve you from these people, or you will never be able to control your own life. Regardless of what, what they are saying in any eventuality, even in times of crisis, is that you are responsible for your own action. Flatly, that's it. However when we step out from that domain, that circle, our lives begin to change. Nevertheless, the changes brought about by you when you joined these people will affect you for a very long time. In time you will be successful no doubt, because this road is only temporary. The point is. Will the benefits outweigh the sacrifices made in the end? Who knows, because what you are possibly getting ready for, this case, the people, the complexities, you do not know.

2. I got 34 Gopio emails today. I do not know why they are
writing me. I told them to buzz off.

3. Why are you still in this bogus forum is a mystery to me. Are these people an asset to you? These people are …They thrive on other's misfortune. I suggest you leave this association and get on with your life. You will be able to solve many of your own
problems without adding this one to them.

4. Everyone is a hypocrite in one way or another. It is however hard to say how you survived these patent hypocrites. If you are not from their circle, you absolutely do not count.

By Caesar Agustus, July 2006.

WHO DO YOU THINK FEELS MORE HURT? :(

THEN HOW CAN WE DEAL WITH RACIAL ABUSE INTERNATIONALLY?[/tscii:3599349811]

goodsense
1st February 2007, 08:59 AM
[tscii:f6632b53ad]Since expose on miscellaneous section on this forum the following and dropping of comments in conversation of TWOs and THREEs (going on for years; since access to information from other sources such as video and emails etc., then on this forum), a day or two after posting certain things on this forum, it never happened again.

In addition to that, what they don’t want to use people out here to do, they would write to me by email. This happens when they get certain information on this forum or elsewhere by watching and want to make something out of it to taut or torment me. The SADOs has been doing it to me for so long that I quickly recognize them and delete them without bothering to open and read. I believe in such emails, they also send me bugs to get into my system to see what I am doing and or disturb my computer work. This was the same approach they used for years - in other methods of torture - e.g. block me from progressing with complaints by getting into my computer data then distort the data in such a way to defame me. Thus, each Criminal activity or violation, had/has multiple objectives, all geared to tie me down and they have succeeded for sometime until I was able to slowly expose and prove most of it by pure determination. Thank God I had the strength to persevere having to roll away the Big Blocks placed in my path.

At this point, it's a question of getting the authorities to look at evidence put before them, request evidence they are entitled to have access to and ask the right and appropriate questions, which they also have the right to. The question is, would they do it and to what extent or would they wait and give further chances to obliterate me?

NB. Any thought that exist – that Caesar is vulnerable should be erased immediately. The information he has is well shared with authorities he is connected to and those connected to him. Also, the attention of them all has been drawn to my various posts on this forum from which all others in old forum can be traced. So no one person or body can be targeted.
[/tscii:f6632b53ad]

Raghu
1st February 2007, 07:50 PM
Racial Issues, or decriminations exists in EVERY culture or Country, Take India 4 eg, v descriminate ppls againts their Religion, culture. cast, disablity, gender, this is the UGLY nature of US BLOODY humans, so lets clean our self, b4 we go Internationaly!!!, lets vipe out all descriminations in our backyard b4 v go International, at least the WHITES dont descriminate their own Brothers and Sisters like WE do!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :argh: :argh: :argh:

goodsense
2nd February 2007, 01:13 AM
"..at least the WHITES dont descriminate their own Brothers and Sisters like WE do!!".

Could be wrong there Bro. The class thing is the basis for discrimination amongst the whites which is very evident in the UK. The peasant class hardly count and have a hell of a time getting justice. They in fact make up a large percentage of the people (in addition to coloured people) who are abused in order to support the Court systems run by the elites.

thamiz
2nd February 2007, 05:00 AM
This controversy has sure been successful in improving the ratings of Big Brother.

Justin Timberlake and Janet jackson had also become "more popular" after the super bowl event! :)

It will be pure hypocrisy if we Indians cry racism.

Certainly there is no strict definition for "racism". So, one can easily accuse as as per his/her convenience. But, for an Indian who never had been exposed to too much of western culture, it might look like "racism" . Because back home they imagine and live with a notion that western people are all very civilized!

We in India practice institutionalized racism and discrimination in the name of caste. Clean up your house before you find dirt in others.

Well, that is our mess which sure does exist. However, that does not give any excuse to make racist remarks on Indians by a White or white-trash!

pavalamani pragasam
2nd February 2007, 08:08 AM
:2thumbsup:

Anoushka
2nd February 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, that is our mess which sure does exist. However, that does not give any excuse to make racist remarks on Indians by a White or white-trash!

Thamiz: I am not sure you follow BB... as a person living here and following (being forced to do so because of all the discussion going on at work and everywhere!) BB... I know how dumb Jade is!

For a start I don't even know how Shilpa got into the BB house... because I thought the main qualification to be in that house is that you should be insane :lol:

You will agree with me if you had seen last years BB contestant Nicky, or the year before's Kemal or the year before that Jade Goody herself! If you needed some entertainment you turned on to Channel 4 to see BB :rotfl:

I still honestly think that Jade's remark wasn't racist... it was just dumb!

She was a person who met up with a group of Hare Krishna devotees and thought they were called Harry Christians.... :rotfl: I think the cameras were following her in Dubai and she made some really really dumb statment there as well....

I think it was Danielle (another BB contestant) who made the remark about Indians eating with their hands.... and she wasn't even sure whether it was Indians or Chinese! That is how dumb these BB contestants are.... how did Shilpa get into this mess?

And if I am right the whole mess started because Danielle used up all the OXO cubes that Shilpa had ordered and Danielle refused to eat the chicken that Shilpa cooked because Shilpa used her hands and Danielle "didn't know where all those pair of hands had been"... Ofcourse Danielle was dumped my her filthy rich boyfriend Teddy Sherringham for what she did in BB house.

Jade made a few rude remarks too... but again all these are becuase these people are more ignorant than racist!

I am not supporting Jade here, all I am saying is that we are making a big issue of something that doesn't even exist :)

sundararaj
2nd February 2007, 08:05 PM
Good one Nakeeran avargale.

thamiz
2nd February 2007, 10:06 PM
anou:

I just read here there that is all. I really did not analyze it very carefully and I dont know this Jade! :D

If it is not a "racist remark" it is fine, anou! Not a problem at all. :) But, My point was, if it were a "racist remark" one should not finger at our caste-system and get away with it. If it is not a racist remark then I dont have a problem with that. :)

Lambretta
2nd February 2007, 11:42 PM
[tscii:f1e4c79679]
For a start I don't even know how Shilpa got into the BB house... because I thought the main qualification to be in that house is that you should be insane :lol:
Actually anou I think it was simple as to how she got in; bcos of this: $$...or rather ££, since its in the UK....:roll: :wink:

She was a person who met up with a group of Hare Krishna devotees and thought they were called Harry Christians....
:rotfl: Sounds even dumber than a joke I once herd bout sum desi guy who thot of Harry Potter as Hari Puttar! :P :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

how did Shilpa get into this mess?
As I said, "££" obviously spoke for her! :huh: :)[/tscii:f1e4c79679]

thamiz
3rd February 2007, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling, SS may have really got scared because of usage of some casual f-language like
"f'k off". Might have thought such words are abusive especially when the comment suggest her to go back to India and that she does not know English.

it may have been (Mis)interpreted that that is a racial remark. If she had a good exposure to western culture, and their casual f-language, she would have taken it easy. But I am not sure what kind of "civilized environment" she comes from.

See, several of our Indian folks never realize that "negro" is considered as "very offensive word" than calling them as "black". Only when they get to exposed to US culture, they learn that the other way is indeed true.

One's pesrpective is based on their exposure. sometimes ignorance causes misunderstanding and misinterpretations and it is hard to take it back after making a big deal out of it or not? :roll:

Anoushka
5th February 2007, 04:54 PM
[tscii:e3b72790fe]thamiz: I had to write in detail because I like most people in UK & Ireland was following it! The two days that I spent in London, Shilpa Shetty was front page news and Gordon Brown was page 4 news :lol: and after coming back saw the whole rerun of the fighting episode on Channel 4!

This to me seemed more like the Mohammad cartoons which were blown out of proportion by people who did not even see the original ones... :)

What you said in the last post makes sense... our perspective is based on our exposure! :)

Lamby: I guess you are right... the £££s attracted Shilpa to this mess :)

If you want to hear another funny celebrity quote here is one for you.... Christina Aguliera asked "Where is the Cannes Film festival going to be held this year?" - Where not When :rotfl:[/tscii:e3b72790fe]

mgb
5th February 2007, 08:42 PM
Shyami: Darling darling darling filmla Bhagyaraj, kaalaila 8 manikellam railway station poitu, station master kitta poi "yenga 2 mani vandi, ethana manikku varum" nu keppaare adhu madhiriya :rotfl:

thamiz
6th February 2007, 05:20 AM
thamiz:
What you said in the last post makes sense... our perspective is based on our exposure! :)

I have seen shipha shetty in the tamil movie, kushi for the song "maccareena". That song and her dance were good! :D

Besides that I know nothing about the reality show, BB! :oops:

But I get the picture from your description about that show! :)

BTW, Here is a dialogue in The Godfather (1972):

Don Zaluchi: I don't want it (DRUGS) near schools. I don't want it sold to children! In my city, we'd keep the traffic in the Dark People, the Coloreds - they're animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.

They allowed such outrageous racist remarks because it is a fictionand not a reality show, I believe ! :(

Anoushka
6th February 2007, 04:38 PM
Ganesh: athE athE... atleast in that case,... namma ooru trains ennaiku time-ku vanthirukku so appadi oru kELvi kEtaar appadinu sollalam... :lol:

thamiz: I guess so.. fiction endraal yaar vENa edhu vENa sollalame...

goodsense
7th February 2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.indocaribbeanworld.com/archives/2007/january_24_2007/bollywood.htm