PDA

View Full Version : Those were the days... ( The Lost Eighties!!!)

trigit
21st January 2007, 02:23 AM
When gulli-danda and kanche (marbles) were more popular than cricket...

When we always had friends to play aais-paais (I Spy), chhepan-chhepai and pitthoo anytime...

When we desperately waited for 'yeh jo hai zindagi'...

When chitrahaar, vikram-baitaal, dada daadi ki kahaniyaan were so fulfilling...

When there was just one TV in every five houses and when bisleris were not sold in the trains ....

When we were going to bed by 9.00pm sharp except for the 'yeh jo hai zindagi' day...

When Holis & Diwalis meant mostly hand-made pakwaans and sweets and moms seeking our help while preparing them ...

When Maths teachers were not worried of our mummys and papas while slapping/beating us...

When we were exchanging comics and stamps and chacha-chaudaris and billus were our heroes...

When we were in nanihaals every summer and loved flying kites and plucking and eating unripe mangoes and leechis...

When one movie every Sunday evening on television was more than asked for and 'ek do teen chaar' and 'Rajni' inspired us ...

When 50 paisa meant at least 10 toffees...

When left over pages of the last year's notebooks were used for rough work or even fair work...

When 'chelpark' and 'natraaj' were encouraged against 'Reynolds and family'...

When the first rain meant getting drenched and playing in water and mud and making 'kaagaz ki kishtis'...

When there were no cell phones to tell friends that we will be at their homes at six in the evening...

When our parents always had 15 paise blue colored 'antardesis' and 5 paise machli wale stamps at home ...

When we were not seeing patakhes on Diwalis and gulaals on Holis as air and noise polluting or allergic agents...

when we disobeyed our parents and bought ice candy for 25 paise on hot summer days outside the school

when there were rain holidays and strike holidays which we discovered after reaching school

when we ever only studied the day before the test or exam

when we fashioned our own toys out of sticks and cardboard boxes during long summer vacations with nothing to do at all

when we literally had goose pimples if even 5 feet close to a real girl .....
when you knew things called limca and binaca and optonica

when you tried to laugh like that bunny on lijjat pappad

when you used the word "cadbury" instead of chocolate

when you looked forward the entire week for something called "the world this week" (and much later were saddened to hear that somebody called appan menon had died)

when you held your mother's hand to get on a bus and go to your grandmother's home every weekend, where bholu the servant was your best friend. those trips stopped one day.
When we had the days of "kamarkat" sold for 5 paise each.
when we had the days of "chuvingam mittai"sold by the street guy who carries that in a big stick and who makes different shape toys out of that "chuvingam mittai"--which had different colors.
when girls face was really beautiful with that inner beauty glistening like a jewel piece.
when we had the days of girls actually wearing those beautiful and eye pleasing "davani".
when we had the days of just buying or owning a bicyle was the proudest thing.

bingleguy
21st January 2007, 02:44 AM
seeing them getting replaced by bowling and darts ..... and a cricket that has become famous for fixing....... :-)

When we always had friends to play aais-paais (I Spy), chhepan-chhepai and pitthoo anytime...
seeing guys with friends on Cartoon Network and Nickledeon ... without moving an inch :-)

seeing them replaced with Pepsi ungal choice and Shakthimaan .... todays graphics have improved :-)

When there was just one TV in every five houses and when bisleris were not sold in the trains ....
seeing 5 channels watched on the same screen in every room with bisleris being contained in packets :-

When Holis & Diwalis meant mostly hand-made pakwaans and sweets and moms seeking our help while preparing them ...
seeing them getting replaced with the KC Das and Anand Sweets and Karam dabbas ready on the day of diwali :-) with moms watching their favourite serials with grandmas ........ making the order on phone ....

When we were exchanging comics and stamps and chacha-chaudaris and billus were our heroes...
seeing them been taken over by online stamp trade and Krisssh and others taking the strand :-)

When we were in nanihaals every summer and loved flying kites and plucking and eating unripe mangoes and leechis...
seeing us nowadays in resorts and beaches ..... holding a coconut water can and a fried chicken or gobi manchurian .....

When one movie every Sunday evening on television was more than asked for and 'ek do teen chaar' and 'Rajni' inspired us ...
seeing us waking up during evening after the late night party the previous day...... when the there is atleast 8 movies running at the same time :-)

seeing tat the autowalas dont return those 50 paise after a meter reading 19.50 and u gave two ten bucks.....

When left over pages of the last year's notebooks were used for rough work or even fair work...
seeing homeworks as notepads and word documents on the laptop :-) which gets forgotten even during this year ;-)

seeing the handwriting going worse after so much of practicing on the keyboards .....

for the current day's trend .... 80s are becoming stories ...... now which has to be explained with graphics ;-)

That was a good one TrIgit :-) :clap:

Designer
21st January 2007, 07:44 AM

When we always had friends to play aais-paais (I Spy), chhepan-chhepai and pitthoo anytime..

When we were going to bed by 9.00pm sharp except for the 'yeh jo hai zindagi' day...

When Maths teachers were not worried of our mummys and papas while slapping/beating us...

When the first rain meant getting drenched and playing in water and mud and making 'kaagaz ki kishtis'...

When there were no cell phones to tell friends that we will be at their homes at six in the evening...

When our parents always had 15 paise blue colored 'antardesis' and 5 paise machli wale stamps at home ...

When we were not seeing patakhes on Diwalis and gulaals on Holis as air and noise polluting or allergic agents...

when we disobeyed our parents and bought ice candy for 25 paise on hot summer days outside the school

when there were rain holidays and strike holidays which we discovered after reaching school

when we ever only studied the day before the test or exam

when we fashioned our own toys out of sticks and cardboard boxes during long summer vacations with nothing to do at all

when we literally had goose pimples if even 5 feet close to a real girl .....

when you looked forward the entire week for something called "the world this week" (and much later were saddened to hear that somebody called appan menon had died)

when you held your mother's hand to get on a bus and go to your grandmother's home every weekend, where bholu the servant was your best friend. those trips stopped one day.
When we had the days of "kamarkat" sold for 5 paise each.
when we had the days of "chuvingam mittai"sold by the street guy who carries that in a big stick and who makes different shape toys out of that "chuvingam mittai"--which had different colors.
when girls face was really beautiful with that inner beauty glistening like a jewel piece.
when we had the days of girls actually wearing those beautiful and eye pleasing "davani".
when we had the days of just buying or owning a bicyle was the proudest thing.

trigit : very nice :) - "Jaane kahan gaye woh din" ?

crazy
22nd January 2007, 01:21 AM
I also miss 80's :(

Wibha
22nd January 2007, 02:22 AM
:clap: my mom used to tell me all this wen i was in middle school and I used to tell her not to b so boring......... :oops: :ashamed:

but nowadyas I started realising how precious they are.

Braandan
22nd January 2007, 06:03 AM
I miss the 60's and 70's too

madhu
22nd January 2007, 06:52 AM
:(

swathy
22nd January 2007, 09:21 AM
hey i too miss 80s.

playing hide and seek with cousins .

its also the golden Raja period :cry:

ksen
22nd January 2007, 10:50 AM
seeing tat the autowalas dont return those 50 paise after a meter reading 19.50 and u gave two ten bucks.....

You dig into your pocket to escape a nagging beggar-woman, get only a 50 paise coin and give it to her, - and she throws it on your face saying 'podaradha paaru 50 paisa- neeye vechukka' with other choice adjectives :D

swathy
22nd January 2007, 11:16 AM
we watched lot of B&W movies in those period.

trigit
22nd January 2007, 03:38 PM
How about Giant Robot? I cried the day they showed the episode where Giant robot died.

Did u guys ever buy the 25 paise ka kulfi from the kulfi waala who bought kulfis in a matka??

How about the nice icy golas with chashni on top?

How about those sunday evening with mom and dad to Juhu beach or Chowpatty and enjoy the 2 minutes horse rides?

How about the excitement of having your mom and dad take you to those fun-n-fairs that used to come once every 2-3 months?

How about the Housie games we played with our building friends on christmas parties?

How about trying to understand what was really going on in "Buniyaad" and "Humlog"?

Snakes and Ladders, Ludo, Business (our Indian version of monopoly)

And yes of course, Chacha Chowdhry, Biloo, Pinky, Champak. I had this wierd fascination of collecting 4-5 chacha chowdhary comics and binding them together with glue and then read them all together. I now wonder why I used to do that.

Archie and Jughead

I could go on and on..............

Designer
22nd January 2007, 03:51 PM
How about Giant Robot? I cried the day they showed the episode where Giant robot died.

Did u guys ever buy the 25 paise ka kulfi from the kulfi waala who bought kulfis in a matka??

How about the nice icy golas with chashni on top?

How about those sunday evening with mom and dad to Juhu beach or Chowpatty and enjoy the 2 minutes horse rides?

How about the excitement of having your mom and dad take you to those fun-n-fairs that used to come once every 2-3 months?

How about the Housie games we played with our building friends on christmas parties?

How about trying to understand what was really going on in "Buniyaad" and "Humlog"?

Snakes and Ladders, Ludo, Business (our Indian version of monopoly)

And yes of course, Chacha Chowdhry, Biloo, Pinky, Champak. I had this wierd fascination of collecting 4-5 chacha chowdhary comics and binding them together with glue and then read them all together. I now wonder why I used to do that.

Archie and Jughead

I could go on and on..............

trigit : very true !

events pass us bright and gay
like a flower which blooms for a day
memories are what remains to stay

Anoushka
22nd January 2007, 07:42 PM
What about Tinkle & Amar Chitra Katha...

Those rare trips on first class coaches (I discovered this time that there are no first class coaches on long distance trains anymore)...

How easy it was to recognise cars.... we were thrilled to spot a Merc or Impala or Peugot on the roads....

The traffic free roads...

Those summer holidays when little girls used to walk around in white cotton petticoats and little boys in a shorts and "baniyan"... (now the young children seem to be very very fashion conscious)...

Sleeping on the mottai maadi and counting stars and listening to aakashavaNi (Tried sitting on mottai maadi recently and couldn't stay there long enough because of mosquitoes)...

When you (and your parents) knew all the families living in your street (as Chintu's parents, Babloo's sister, etc)...

thimuru
22nd January 2007, 08:13 PM
I remember "Mahabharatha" which we watched with such eager though it is in hindi

thimuru
22nd January 2007, 08:16 PM
ellaaaaaaaaaam maayai

எல்லாம் மாயை

trigit
22nd January 2007, 08:20 PM
Yep, not only Minu but also Geethanjali Aiyar (damn she was hot), Shobana (for Chennai'ites).

The TV serials I still vividly remember are Vikram Betal (loved the title song), Giant Robot, Spiderman, Chitrahaar, Star Trek on sunday mornings, Mr Ya Mrs, and some Supriya Pathak comedy whose name escapes me now, GV Iyer's "Krishna".

Another memorable thing about those days was the TV programming actually ended at some time in the night and then you would hear that "Ssshhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssh" as only white noise flowed through the speakers. I actually miss that now.

Anoushka
22nd January 2007, 08:43 PM
Trigit, the Mumbai doordarshan or was it Delhi had Sadhana Shrivastav as an anouncer...

The news for hearing impaired by Shashi Pal on Sunday afternoons

The Sunday afternoon (art) movies...

The serials included Manoranjan, Subah, Fauji, Intezar, Chunauti, Life Line, Honee Anhonee - most of them were just 13 episodes!

Anoushka
22nd January 2007, 08:45 PM
Another memorable thing about those days was the TV programming actually ended at some time in the night and then you would hear that "Ssshhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssh" as only white noise flowed through the speakers. I actually miss that now. What about the standard screen which appeared before the start of the programs everyday and then the standard music ....

Remember documentaries such as "skin in the bin", "Ek thithli anek thithiliyaan" :)

Raghu
22nd January 2007, 08:46 PM
ellaaaaaaaaaam maayai

எல்லாம் மாயை

indeed Ellame Mayai

Known is a DROP unknown is an OCEAN< who knows Himself knows ALL

Designer
22nd January 2007, 08:55 PM
Trigit, the Mumbai doordarshan or was it Delhi had Sadhana Shrivastav as an anouncer...

Anoushka : Sadhna Shrivastav was based in New Delhi and also used to teach English/German at a well known school there.

The serials included Manoranjan, Subah, Fauji, Intezar, Chunauti, Life Line, Honee Anhonee - most of them were just 13 episodes!

these serials are indeed memoriable - SHAH RUKH KHAN became popular after playing the main character in of FAUJI (though not his first TV serial).

Raghu
22nd January 2007, 08:56 PM
the main thing i miss so much about the 80's, even though i was not even a teenager that time, are as follows

1) My Country, Sri lanka, all those sandy beaches, holding hand with mom and dad and walking inncocently with them, eating sundal along the beaches, candy floss, sugar canes, ...etc

2) all those Dr.IR and Dr.SPB songs, man, till date, i get tears in my eyes when i hear such wonderful songs ,

3) those super* movies, was and still HUGE fan of Rajni sir

4) Chatting with LTTE members, holding their Ak-47 kalishnikovs, Rocket launchers, thinking it was cool and way to impress the girls, though i was not even 13 :oops: :lol:

kannannn
22nd January 2007, 09:47 PM

To add to your list: Malgudi Days, Wagle ki Duniya and Karamchand (I love his assistant). I recently got the DVD of 'Malgudi Days' and was left with a heavy heart after watching it. I am usually not a sentimental man, but the 80's sure rocked and I miss it!! Thinking back, I feel we have just complicated our lives, with nothing to show for it.

trigit
22nd January 2007, 10:36 PM
When the apartment block next door 'used to be my playground'.

When we had to go to our neighbors for making a phone call

Kites came at 2 for 5 paise

EC TV with 12 channels was way ahead of its time

Newsreaders sat in front of a blue cloth and looked at the camera only when they stopped for breath

SB Balasubramanian and Malaysia Vasudevan were the only lead singer in hindi films

Gavaskar out meant we were losing the test

Computerisation was a politically incorrect word

Latest model of Ambassador was a status symbol

My List will go on and on..................

Designer
22nd January 2007, 11:10 PM

To add to your list: Malgudi Days, Wagle ki Duniya and Karamchand (I love his assistant). I recently got the DVD of 'Malgudi Days' and was left with a heavy heart after watching it. I am usually not a sentimental man, but the 80's sure rocked and I miss it!! Thinking back, I feel we have just complicated our lives, with nothing to show for it.

Kannan : same here. btw Karamchand was played by Pankaj Kapoor, and his assistant Kittie ('shaddap Kittie', 'yes sir') was played by Sushmita Mukherjee.

Wibha
23rd January 2007, 06:00 AM
we watched lot of B&W movies in those period.

:roll:

Lambretta
23rd January 2007, 11:36 AM
I miss the 60's and 70's too
:shock: Hey, nice to find sumone like-minded! :wink: :lol:
Btw, wer u arnd then? 'cos the strange thing is I've a feeling of 'missing' these 2 decades even tho I wasnt born then.....:huh: :? :oops:
I sure hav fond memories of the 80s tho, & most of wat is mentioned here by trigit relates to my childhood too....:)

Lambretta
23rd January 2007, 11:41 AM
What about the standard screen which appeared before the start of the programs everyday and then the standard music ....
Wat bout ur standard herald?? :wink: (sorry I know u'll be psyched out bout me mentioning it so many times but.....I cant help it!!! :P :oops: :lol: )
I'd expect u'll hav sum memories of tat car to share since u said ur folks had it til the mid 80s atleast....?
Oh, & maybe a bit bout ur old fiat too....:mrgreen:

trigit
23rd January 2007, 04:29 PM
Attending a wedding function meant lots of "Free" Thums Up and Gold Spot! (Any idea if gold spot is still sold ?)

The only access to computer you had was when dad took you to his office. Prince of Persia was the most amazing game ever!

Parents used to let u watch Ramayan and Mahabharat even during ur exams!

Dimple Kapadia in Saagar..the red saari...

Chewing gum was a big fad at that time.

Secularism - this was something that really existed back then. I remember living in a society which had about 40% muslims, and never once was it drilled into my head by my friends or family that I'm a hindu, or they are muslims. In fact, Eid meant lots of kheer with badam and pista in the morning thanks to the neighbouring Sheikh family and then pots of mutton curry in the afternoon and in the night.

Life was pure...so pure.

Raghu
23rd January 2007, 07:30 PM
Parents used to let u watch Ramayan and Mahabharat even during ur exams!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dimple Kapadia in Saagar..the red saari...
:P :lol: :lol:

trigit
24th January 2007, 07:40 PM
Play cricket at a big maidan near the home where there are huge apartments constructed now.

when we used to exchange amar chitra kath comics with friends.

when we used to take a pocket radio to class and preffered last bench to list to the score.

Study till 12 on friday night saying we have an exam on monday, just to watch the friday night movie......cecilia was wonderful movie from argentina....then comes Mandi...

Go to village in summer vacations, apply for the concession forms at school.

Get sick at 8AM, then go to doctor with father then to his office till afternoon. Typing on office typewriter...asdfg lkjh...100s of times...Then maaza at office canteen....

When older sisters and her friends used to tell the complete movie stories including the dialogues and song lyrics

great
24th January 2007, 10:59 PM
To add to your list: Malgudi Days, Wagle ki Duniya

I enjoyed these shows. Does anybody remembers Jaspal bhatti show I really enjoyed that one :)

Designer
24th January 2007, 11:36 PM
To add to your list: Malgudi Days, Wagle ki Duniya

I enjoyed these shows. Does anybody remembers Jaspal bhatti show I really enjoyed that one :)

Great : I also enjoyed his shows :lol:. Great satires & parodies :thumbsup:

kannannn
25th January 2007, 04:43 AM
Yup, Ulta Pulta and Flop Show :P . Simple, unadulterated humor.

Designer
25th January 2007, 11:50 AM

ya, 'Ulta' Pulta depicted certain things in straight manner, and 'Flop' was quite a hit those days :)

dsath
25th January 2007, 03:49 PM
I miss thEnmittai - Red round balls that were 5p a piece. Last month i went searching for it, but couldn't find one. :(

trigit
25th January 2007, 06:47 PM
HEY Thenmittai is still available but the taste is not the same! :cry:

trigit
25th January 2007, 06:49 PM
What makes the eighties really special for so many of us is that it was the advent of television.

Televisions entered our lives in a big way in the early eighties. Doordarshan lacked the technical know-how, but managed to entertain us thoroughly. Also, creativity was at peak that time. Therefore we had great shows such as Humlog,Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, Gulistan, Sigma, etc.

Man..those days, really wish I could go back to its innocence.

Lambretta
25th January 2007, 11:25 PM
What about Tinkle & Amar Chitra Katha...
And not to forget Champak (I rem. first buying it in '87 wen it cost jus Rs.3 :P), Chandamama & later Vishv books (altho didnt like them it much)....:)

How easy it was to recognise cars.... we were thrilled to spot a Merc or Impala or Peugot on the roads....
Aah....trust sumone to've spoken abt yesteryears' cars! :wink: :D
Btw, wer Peugeots very common here in the 80s?? :confused2:
Merc. & of course Impalas (& other chevys) from the early 60s wer of course....most of the latter ended up as 'janavasam' cars for the elite weddings...Heralds of course being used for the masses! :P

The traffic free roads...
Tell me bout it! Back then we cud 'cruise' arnd in my dad's big-ish Standard Gazel, while today I get apprehensive of driving a fiat in traffic! :oops: :(

Those summer holidays when little girls used to walk around in white cotton petticoats
Uh, u mean 'shimmies'?? :P :)

Sleeping on the mottai maadi and counting stars and listening to aakashavaNi (Tried sitting on mottai maadi recently and couldn't stay there long enough because of mosquitoes)...
:lol:
I really wish I cud sleep on one still.....pity we sold our good ol' independent house.......:cry:

Lambretta
25th January 2007, 11:33 PM
Yep, not only Minu but also Geethanjali Aiyar (damn she was hot), Shobana (for Chennai'ites).
Uh, was it as much the 'in' thing for avg. desi women to look 'hot' back then?? :? :P :lol:

The TV serials I still vividly remember are Vikram Betal (loved the title song), Giant Robot, Spiderman, Chitrahaar, Star Trek on sunday mornings, Mr Ya Mrs, and some Supriya Pathak comedy whose name escapes me now, GV Iyer's "Krishna".
How come u've missed 'Hum panchi ek daal ke' (I used to luv the title song!), featuring 4 urchin kids w/ (I think) a pet monkey living in an automobile scrapyard (no idea exactly wher it was but I rem. seeing vehicles of all older gens. in it! :D)......boy do I miss tat show!

trigit
26th January 2007, 07:49 PM
Hey does anyone remember Tinkle Comics?? They were fun too! "Tantri the Mantri" and "Kaalia the Crow"! hehe.

Lambretta
27th January 2007, 07:15 PM
Hey does anyone remember Tinkle Comics?? They were fun too! "Tantri the Mantri" and "Kaalia the Crow"! hehe.
Who wudnt rem. Tinkle?? :D They r still being published....:)

trigit
29th January 2007, 07:36 PM
Ahh. Those were the days.

1. When a cadbury chocolate could be bought for 50 paise and one treated it as a major indulgence.

2. Those cricket matches between our locality vs. locality teams where the winning team would take the ball.

3. Those water taps anywhere on the road or lane where one could take a long one minute guzzle after a day's cricket and not catch disease.

4. Those extravagant stances and poses at the crease during compound cricket, when you knew that the girls in the house or the neighbouring house were watching

rami
15th February 2007, 05:34 PM

And not to mention Shikaari Shambu..

Those were the days of Gokulam (English & Tamil), Ambulimama and Chandamama... etc.

Then not to forget our own DD ... The serials like Circus, Nukkad, Munna were all casted during the golden 80's

The ads which I remember are
1. Nirma Nirma ...
2. Dyanora TV
3. Solidaire TV

And the cartoon promos by DD

1. Ek .Anek Chanda ek Suraj Ek sitaar anek
2. Dont spread rumours
For this a baloon will explode in a house .. that will spread as if a gun shots had happened etc.
3. Mile sur mera tumhaara

& many to add..

Anoushka
15th February 2007, 05:42 PM
Rami - ek anek is available to view online....

and I have mp3 for mile sur mera tumhaar if you are interested! :)

Designer
15th February 2007, 11:00 PM

And not to mention Shikaari Shambu..

Those were the days of Gokulam (English & Tamil), Ambulimama and Chandamama... etc.

Then not to forget our own DD ... The serials like Circus, Nukkad, Munna were all casted during the golden 80's

The ads which I remember are
1. Nirma Nirma ...
2. Dyanora TV
3. Solidaire TV

And the cartoon promos by DD

2. Dont spread rumours
For this a baloon will explode in a house .. that will spread as if a gun shots had happened etc.

& many to add..

trigit, Rami : you have touched the core of 80's nostalgia :)

crazy
15th February 2007, 11:36 PM
I miss my childhood days :(

Braandan
16th February 2007, 05:32 AM
I miss

1. Kammarkat - Candy made of hardened caramel of sugar.
2. Bournvita Quiz contest in AIR
3. NP Bubble gum - It is usually pink in colour, but before opening the covering, peep in and if it is white inform the shop-keeper and he will give one more free.
4. Return 3 flaps of Bournvita refill-pack and get a Bournvita GK quiz book free.
5. Triple-taste: collect all the pictures from the cover and order for an album to stick them. Prizes for the album.
6. 'Ungal Viruppam' in the morning and the music for that (commercial station vividh-bharathi of AIR Chennai)
7. Vannachudar - AIR Chennai at night 9:15 pm - Drama

Braandan
16th February 2007, 05:37 AM
There was a total solar eclipse in Feb 1981 (?) all schools closed in Chennai - Doordharshan telecasted 'Ooty varai Uravu' - with U M Kannan interrupting to show the eclipse at intervals.

Braandan
16th February 2007, 06:00 AM
Kadalai urundai for 5 paise (may weigh at least 10 grams).
Supari - scented betel nut (10 paise).

Chocobar ice-cream was just 1.50 and would almost fill your stomach.

During Aadi-maasam Maariyamman poojai - Houses would supply free "Koozhu" (ragi) and "murungai keerai curry" to people in the streets. 'Respectable family' boys like me are not supposed to go and take it. The householder would supply the same in vessels to our homes, as we are not expected to go to the streets to have it. But still without mother's knowledge stand in the streets and have it from hand! That is exciting.

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 07:56 AM

oh yes!!!! :yes: :(

u bet :(

:D

hmmmm :cry2:

:D

:sigh: :big_sigh:

:roll:

:)

:yes: :( :(

btw, WHERE WERE ARE THOSE DAYS?

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 08:03 AM

sigh! I bet many of us cried :oops: I still can recollect the mammonth figure crashing down.

These kulfi guys used to cry out at 10 in the night. It used to be scary. Those red things, with only light in the mutka and NO STREET LIGHTS... eeks creepy!

Nevermind, I still used venture out like a brave girl to crab those tasty bits. :(

Down here we call it MARINA :P or SANTHOME :D

oh! god! Even talk bout those in our school lunch time....

"This nannE is so handsome... so would he marry kamya at all" Seriously nannE was heart throbs of we school kids then :oops:

Archie and Jughead

:cry2: never mind. I read them now too. I cant get over the mania of archie comics at all!

And the days I used to cry for BETTY :evil: :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 08:10 AM

Yeah.. and lot other sunday morning serials, basically kids involved.
I forgot the name of one such, where bhagyashree starred in a serial.

IT was fun to see it cause, WE DAMN WELL KNEW it would get over in 13 weeks :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 08:11 AM

yes minister, different strokes.

Now I think most of us were GLUED to weekend tv :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 08:14 AM
2. Dont spread rumours

& many to add..

It used to be fun watch it again and again.

Does anyone remember BARPAPAPPA at 9.30 sunday?

One more cartoon in tamil, to talk about HOW TO KEEP CITY CLEAN...

lovely!

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 08:15 AM
anou,

ek anek, can u gimme the link.

I WANNA WATCH IT :)

Anoushka
16th February 2007, 04:29 PM
Shakthi: here you go.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JukuUNk_cRs

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 04:33 PM
:ty: :tears_of_joy: :D :D :D

Lambretta
17th February 2007, 09:09 AM
Many tks from me too Anou! :D
Tat was sooooo nostalgic! Instantly gave me goosebumps!! :D
Btw, got ne source for downloading atleast the theme song of "Hum panchi ek daal ke"? :)

Shakthiprabha.
17th February 2007, 09:21 AM
Lot of other theme songs would be welcome too.

Shyam,

One serial which I forgot to recollect was

hum panchi ek daal kE :D

thanks for remiding me.

How many of u loved sipping the PEPSI tubes?

I forgot its name! It used to be like frozen tubes, which can be happily sipped. WE used to get different FLAVOURS too. (just like kuchi ice)

Designer
17th February 2007, 09:23 AM
2. Dont spread rumours

& many to add..

It used to be fun watch it again and again.

Does anyone remember BARPAPAPPA at 9.30 sunday?

One more cartoon in tamil, to talk about HOW TO KEEP CITY CLEAN...

lovely!

:yes: the family of oblong species of animals/penguins/whatever - with behaviour so humanlike :)

nice serial :thumbsup: anyone remembers 'Dekho Magar Pyar Se' :huh: interesting serial which was Soni Razdan's first few serials. Incidentally she's Mahesh Bhatt's wife & Puja Bhatt's step mom :)

Lot of other theme songs would be welcome too.

Shyam,

One serial which I forgot to recollect was

hum panchi ek daal kE :D

thanks for remiding me.

How many of u loved sipping the PEPSI tubes?

I forgot its name! It used to be like frozen tubes, which can be happily sipped. WE used to get different FLAVOURS too. (just like kuchi ice)

Shakthiprabha.
17th February 2007, 09:29 AM
des :thumbsup:

I USED to chalk out the plan so carefully every sunday TO WATCH BARPAPAPPA.

I would be ready promptly finishing my bath, finishing breakfast and all set, WAITING FOR THE CLOCK TO TICK 9.30!!! (to 9.45)

NO SOUL AT HOME, should utter a worD, when i am watching BARPAPAPPA.

That was one show I MISSED SO MUCH when they stopped telecasting.

Shakthiprabha.
17th February 2007, 09:35 AM
"Dekho magar pyar se"

:?

nopes

There was one more serial with supriya pathak or someone :? who played the role of a daughter who was IRATE with her independant seperated mom, only to know later (when she is old enough to understand her mom), HOW SWEET her MOM WAS!

Also, it used to be fun watching DOORDARSHAN'S TELE FILM in hindi once in a while telecasted on saturdays.

SUCH LOVELY STORIES!

"Honi unhoni" still send shivers to me, as my dad used to have shifts those days and I get to sleep alone with mom, in a big indepedant house :shaking: :shaking:

Guess thats when, my timid nature became well nourished.

Designer
17th February 2007, 09:37 AM
PL : you know, we lived in Delhi then. and once our tv had conked out for coupla weeks - i used to go to my friend's place to watch 'Barpabapa' each sunday morning :)

Designer
17th February 2007, 09:38 AM
PL : 'Honi Anhoni' :) - name seems quite familiar, but i dont remember any thing abt the actors or story line etc :?

Shakthiprabha.
17th February 2007, 09:38 AM
des :D

Shakthiprabha.
17th February 2007, 09:40 AM
HONI UNHONI had a single story each episode.

It had alok nath (buniyad, humlog fame) as one of the main cast.

The story was not ACTUALLY CREEPY OR HORROR BASED, but it had some weird incidents, which would be left to the contemplation of the viewers.

"i MEAN THINGS LIKE THIS CAN HAPPEN...OR NOT HAPPEN"

hosakta hai.. ya na bhi.

honi/unhoni.

nice ones :)

That reminds me, was not there a serial called

"aisa bhi hota hai"

I actually forgot bout it.

how bout mr.yogi.

Did u watch tamil programmes too? I loved some tuesdays drama telecasted in tamil also... PARAMPARAI, vanna kolangaL etc

Designer
17th February 2007, 09:45 AM
PL : 'Honi Anhoni' - doesnt seem to remember :?

'Aisa Bhi Hota Hai' - :D ya i remember - the serial where another female anchor and Alok Nath will relate strange incidents or phenomena ? like i think in one episode, she fills a jar with wheat flour, dips a wooden laddle into it and lifts the jar with it - and the jar didnt fall down ! :)

'Mr.Yogi' :D ya ya i remember - "whats ur name?"
"Y.I. Patel"
"why you are Patel how do I know?!" :lol:

PL : i was in Delhi when those Thamizh serials were telecast. but i saw them later when visiting Chennai since my aunt had recorded them using a VCR :)

rami
21st February 2007, 12:01 PM
Rami - ek anek is available to view online....

and I have mp3 for mile sur mera tumhaar if you are interested! :)

Was searching for this video for a long time.. only now got hold of it .. Ensoy !!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_LZ7l7nwU60

But the clarity is :ashamed:

Anou: U have already mailed me the mp3 version.. & I listen to it whenever I feel like .. :)