PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Best Actor of Country now?

nerdy
24th January 2007, 01:28 PM
Guys Please discuss about the Best actor of Country now based on the options given .

Here I haven't included Shivaji,Dilip Kumar,Sanjay Kumar and etc.

Rajkumar_mj
24th January 2007, 01:47 PM
One & Only Kamalhassan,

Saamy
24th January 2007, 01:49 PM
KamalHaasan

MADDY
24th January 2007, 02:07 PM
Mohan Lal - beyond doubt, the finest actor of this generation.... 8-)

my favs:

1. Mohan Lal
2. Raghuvaran
3. Om puri
4. Prakash Raj
5. Naseerudin Shah
6. Aamir Khan

Saamy
24th January 2007, 02:08 PM
Mammooty and Mohanlal can act as well as anyone.

But, kamal's versatality makes him the best .

groucho070
24th January 2007, 02:11 PM
Which country? :wink:

As far as India is concerned, right now, at times like this, when everyone wants to become the next best thing............?

My answer'd be Kamal, of course.

Rajkumar_mj
24th January 2007, 02:15 PM
Mohan Lal - beyond doubt, the finest actor of this generation.... 8-)

my favs:

1. Mohan Lal
2. Raghuvaran
3. Om puri
4. Prakash Raj
5. Naseerudin Shah
6. Aamir Khan

<Dig>
Maddy

I remember a few lines "Ram Ram" from Hey Ram Song.

Mandithanai Manidhani Paarum, Madhangalum Kankana thodum.

I know about your extreme Hatredness with Kamal.

</Dig>

MADDY
24th January 2007, 02:21 PM
<Dig>
Maddy

</Dig>

oh is it?? :lol: ........hey its just that i enjoy their performances better than Kamal's.......i have not included my fav Maddy also here, that doesent mean i hate him..... :D ......

btw, u shuld try telling that line to Kamal himself.... :wink:

Rajkumar_mj
24th January 2007, 02:30 PM
<Dig>
Maddy

</Dig>

oh is it?? :lol: ........hey its just that i enjoy their performances better than Kamal's.......i have not included my fav Maddy also here, that doesent mean i hate him..... :D ......

<Dig>

Maddie Maddie ! :rotfl:

Yes Maddy , He knows these lines already. He is following the same
</Dig>

btw, u shuld try telling that line to Kamal himself.... :wink:

Designer
24th January 2007, 03:22 PM
Amitabh Bacchan (Sholay, Deewar, Black, Shakti, Silsila ...)

thinkfloyd
24th January 2007, 09:04 PM
Kamal kamal kamal.. anyday. End of story. Next

Amitabh-a??? :rotfl:

Designer
24th January 2007, 09:24 PM
Kamal kamal kamal.. anyday. End of story. Next

Amitabh-a??? :rotfl:

Guess you havent seen Amitabh's earlier films. Kamal too had praised Amitabh & said he wanted to work with him, in an interview soon after 'Saagar' was released.

Nakeeran
24th January 2007, 09:43 PM
Beyond doubt its MOHANLAL only.

m_23_bayarea
24th January 2007, 09:49 PM
Why do you guys keep creating threads of this nature always? :shock:

* Who's the BEST?

* Who's the BIGGEST?

* Who's No. 1?

It just gives room for all these crazy comparisons and ending up the one you like, and laughing at the ones you dont!

After all, it's sooo SUBJECTIVE!

Just a thought ...

Alek Niranjan
24th January 2007, 09:55 PM
M 2 3 B A Y A R E A

Nice one and rightly said.

But who is the best in your view?

Any way, My favorite Actor and Best Actor of our country now iis Dr.Kamalhassan.

Nerd
24th January 2007, 10:37 PM
After all, it's sooo SUBJECTIVE!

Absolutely, bay. I feel Rajini is a GREAT actor (of course not in the league of KH, ML etc., )

And this thread is funnier than any other comparison thread because I bet not even one person who had voted would have seen all the famous movies of ALL those actors :lol:

ajithfederer
24th January 2007, 11:29 PM
whats this stupid thread :lol: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Kamal is light years ahead of the other crop in all aspects of acting be it from dance , body language, dialogue delivery, multiple roles and what not 8-)

thalaifan
25th January 2007, 01:34 AM
whats this stupid thread :lol: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Kamal is light years ahead of the other crop in all aspects of acting be it from dance , body language, dialogue delivery, multiple roles and what not 8-)

well said, we have got enough threads...to discuss this why a new one???

Kamal anyway would be my choice and next Aamir khan

Amarshiva
27th January 2007, 12:28 AM
there is no choice.. It's Kamal.. The best actor of the country, who has already acted in 9 regional langauges .

great
27th January 2007, 01:06 AM
Ithu enna chinna pulla thanama poll vechu result paakarathu !!!

Its None other than Kamal Hassan.

Mods , Do your duty !!!

Wibha
27th January 2007, 06:40 AM
all of dem r equally gud in their own ways........

Kamal, amitabh and AAMIR r top 1 :thumbsup:

Movie Cop
27th January 2007, 08:17 AM
IMO, all actors listed here are great but certainly Kamal Haasan is the greatest of them all. :thumbsup:

When it comes to acting - Kamal is like what Sir Don Bradman is for the batting in cricket. :)

Also, I'm surprised to see why Nasseruddin shah not listed in this poll list. He is one among the great actors of India, IMO 8-)

Saamy
28th January 2007, 11:36 AM
IMO, all actors listed here are great but certainly Kamal Haasan is the greatest of them all. :thumbsup:

When it comes to acting - Kamal is like what Sir Don Bradman is for the batting in cricket. :)

Also, I'm surprised to see why Nasseruddin shah not listed in this poll list. He is one among the great actors of India, IMO 8-) yes, Naseerudin shah is a great actor. he deserves a mention here.

Saamy
28th January 2007, 11:38 AM

Kamal, amitabh and AAMIR r top 1 :thumbsup:AMItabh and amir is the same league as kamal :banghead: :devil: :notthatway:

Erica
28th January 2007, 09:34 PM
Nerdy, from where do you get such ideas? :roll: Do you think it's fair to even include Amir in the list :oops:

KAMAL HASSAN all the Wayyyyyy :bluejump:

Alek Niranjan
16th February 2007, 05:37 PM
One & only Kamal Sir.

thinkfloyd
16th February 2007, 11:13 PM

Who is Amitabh?
Is he a cab driver?

sandiyar_k
18th February 2007, 07:11 PM
3 votes for Amirkhan and 1 for Amitabh.

Disgusting!! :evil:

Wibha
19th February 2007, 07:17 AM

Who is Amitabh?
Is he a cab driver?

:evil:

Designer
19th February 2007, 08:20 AM
[tscii:f348b005fa]

Who is Amitabh?
Is he a cab driver?

thinkFloyd, Amitabh Bachchan is a Bollywood actor who won the national award (2005) for the best actor for his performance in Sanjay Leela Bansali’s Black. He had won it earlier for Agneepath. At Final cut, he is also worth a mere Rs.190 crores.

If someone is ignorant of the Dark side of the moon, he shouldnt ask, without thinking, if that part of the moon ever existed in Time. Amitabh's performance in Zanzeer (late 1970s) is still regarded as a remarkable performance even today.

I suppose its a Momentary lapse of reason, that some ppl dont want to acknowledge Bollywood actors who are beyond The Wall of the Vindhya mountains.
[/tscii:f348b005fa]

thinkfloyd
19th February 2007, 12:59 PM
thinkFloyd, Amitabh Bachchan is a Bollywood actor who won the national award (2005) for the best actor for his performance in Sanjay Leela Bansali’s Black. He had won it earlier for Agneepath. At Final cut, he is also worth a mere Rs.190 crores.

If someone is ignorant of the Dark side of the moon, he shouldnt ask, without thinking, if that part of the moon ever existed in Time. Amitabh's performance in Zanzeer (late 1970s) is still regarded as a remarkable performance even today.

I suppose its a Momentary lapse of reason, that some ppl dont want to acknowledge Bollywood actors who are beyond The Wall of the Vindhya mountains.
[/tscii:5e3cd7561e]
Wow,
Why do you create a North-South Division Bell :)

Appadiya? Amitabh is an actor, eh? Thanks for enlightening me. I'm Comfortably Numb.

Your assumption that i don't like Bollywood actors is wrong. Assumption is the mother of all *&^%-ups.

The topic, FYI is who is the best actor in India, not "Good actors who have won wards and given good performances".
Kootti kazhichu paarunga, kanakku seriya varum!

Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri ivangala vida anjukkum pathukkum pena ad-la ellam nadikkaravanga ellam periya actor-am. hayyo hayyo :rotfl:

ajaybaskar
19th February 2007, 01:26 PM
neraiya pera miss panneettengapa..

Bomman irani, paresh raval, Nedumudi Venu, thilakan, Raguvaran, Prakash raj..

thinkfloyd
19th February 2007, 01:28 PM
neraiya pera miss panneettengapa..

Bomman irani, paresh raval, Nedumudi Venu, thilakan, Raguvaran, Prakash raj..
Paresh Rawal is a terrific actor but The Best nu varumbodhu iruppaara?....

Designer
19th February 2007, 02:05 PM

[/tscii:f1e83f5cc5]
Wow,
Why do you create a North-South Division Bell :)

Appadiya? Amitabh is an actor, eh? Thanks for enlightening me. I'm Comfortably Numb.

Your assumption that i don't like Bollywood actors is wrong. Assumption is the mother of all *&^%-ups.

The topic, FYI is who is the best actor in India, not "Good actors who have won wards and given good performances".
Kootti kazhichu paarunga, kanakku seriya varum!

My answer was to your sarcastic question - "who's Amitabh". And my reference to North of Vindhyas etc was of equal sarcasm and not to create any divide; nor did I assume that you were against Bollywood actors.

swathy
19th February 2007, 02:54 PM
Mohanlal
Kamalji

thinkfloyd
19th February 2007, 05:34 PM
Designer,
You have no clue what sarcasm means so don't even try :poke: :wave:

Designer
20th February 2007, 02:45 AM
Designer,
You have no clue what sarcasm means so don't even try :poke: :wave:

And I dont want to know either :poke: . Btw why did you ask whether Amitabh was a cab driver? Are you running a cab service, or you want to learn how to drive a cab in rush hour in NYC, or in the indisciplined roads of India :lol2: ? And the topic is about 'who is the best actor in the country now'; not about 'Who is Amitabh'. Next you will be asking 'Who is Kamal?', 'Who's Rajinikanth', 'Who's Nadigar Thilagam', 'Was Siva Kumar a cab driver?' etc :o . The following would have also been my response if somebody had asked the above questions. You can compare Kamal and Amitabh's acting abilities by pointing out salient features from their films, career etc - that's acceptable, but asking arrogantly 'Who's Amitabh? was he a cab driver' :curse: is not acceptable :mad:

Its so very easy to discredit a great actor like Amitabh just because someone hasnt seen those films of Amitabh (Black, Kabhi Kabhi, Deewar, Shakthi, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Silsila, the list goes on) which were much acclaimed for the Big B's acting prowess. He started acting from 1968, gave umpteen number of hits, won numerous awards, and is still going strong :notworthy: . Lets not detract his superb acting ability, just because of his appearance in ads. :notthatway:

And talking of Om Puri, Naseerudin Shah, et all - where are they now :roll: ? Naseer is seen shaving a beard and making faces at the mirror for 5 mins (what most males do daily) - is that called acting :huh: ? Om puri throws a piece of chappathi in anger on Ben Kingsley in 'Gandhi'. Or goes on shouting 'Kutte Kamine, main tera khoon pee jaoonga' in a baritone voice in 'Ardh Satya' - does that define acting?

No! Acting is what Amitabh did in Black - depicting a senile old man, devoid of all his faculties (when Amitabh was not yet 60yrs) :exactly: . Like what he did in Deewar, when knowing that his mother might die, he pours forth his angst at the Shiva temple :) .

So before you ask who is Amitabh, Kamal, Rajini, NT, etc, think of what they have achieved, and then post without arrogance :evil: . It is such kinda arrogance which is the bane of our generation. :(

thinkfloyd
20th February 2007, 03:45 AM
Designer !!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol2:

thinkfloyd
20th February 2007, 04:12 AM
Arrogance is better than ignorance :)

MADDY
20th February 2007, 01:39 PM

pudhiya thathhuvam moo aairathhi pathhu....... :lol:

yeah, i think Amitabh in terms of acting is no way near to kamal or mohan lal.......but in terms of charisma, he should be called better than them........this is strictly IMO....... :shaking: (he was scared of kamal in 80's :lol: )

there are lots of good character artistes in Bollywood now...... :D

Irfan Khan
Boman Irani
Paresh Rawal
Saif ali khan
Anupam Kher (as always)

Alek Niranjan
20th February 2007, 08:09 PM

pudhiya thathhuvam moo aairathhi pathhu....... :lol:

yeah, i think Amitabh in terms of acting is no way near to kamal or mohan lal.......but in terms of charisma, he should be called better than them........this is strictly IMO....... :shaking: (he was scared of kamal in 80's :lol: )

there are lots of good character artistes in Bollywood now...... :D

Irfan Khan
Boman Irani
Paresh Rawal
Saif ali khan
Anupam Kher (as always)

MADdy

Known is drop.

Unknown is Ocean.

Kamal was one of top heao in bollywood in 80s, He acted a movie called "Kabardhar" with Amithab. Which hasn't yet released till date because of Amith KH acted well and dominated thruout the movie. Hence Amithab didnt want to release it and did lot of things that made KH to quit Bollywood that time.

Dear Kamal fans
Please correct me if i am wrong in above statement.
8-)

Despite of having good actors in bollywood, they can't beat KH in acting. :D

thinkfloyd
21st February 2007, 07:24 AM
Alek,
Yes, that's true about Khabardar...

MADDY
21st February 2007, 08:28 AM
MADdy

Known is drop.

Unknown is Ocean.

Kamal was one of top heao in bollywood in 80s, He acted a movie called "Kabardhar" with Amithab. Which hasn't yet released till date because of Amith KH acted well and dominated thruout the movie. Hence Amithab didnt want to release it and did lot of things that made KH to quit Bollywood that time.

enna misquote pannuradhuliye koori-a irukeenga??? :D

i told though Amitabh had a towering charisma, he was scared of kamal's growing popularity......oh u say what i just meant now was wrong??? :roll:

yup, u r right, they never had a kamal, they dont have a kamal now and they will never have one....... 8-)

(i dont oppose kamal for anything and everything......so pls stop following my post)

MADDY
24th February 2007, 06:45 AM
MADdy

Known is drop.

Unknown is Ocean.

Mr.Smart Alek - where r u ?? :lol:

Hulkster
24th February 2007, 08:15 AM
Kamalhassan is the best actor no doubt..is there a need for even competition?

1)Kamal
2)Mohanlal
3)Rajini (Has proven himself in tough roles before)
4)Mamooty(Problem is only does emotionally compact roles..has varied abit now)
5)Aamir(Tries to be like kamal..but not as good)
6)Amitabh

ajaybaskar
24th February 2007, 06:32 PM
Amitabh was better in Black and Sarkar. No idea about his old movies. I've not seen any of his movies except Sholay.

Alek Niranjan
26th February 2007, 12:22 PM
MADdy

Known is drop.

Unknown is Ocean.

Mr.Smart Alek - where r u ?? :lol:

Mr. Maddy

I am here

great
26th February 2007, 10:58 PM
Amitabh was better in Black and Sarkar. No idea about his old movies. I've not seen any of his movies except Sholay.

Black belongs to Rani Mukherjee :P

Sarkar is a very ordinary movie. Try watching his old movies those are better compared to the recent ones.