PDA

View Full Version : ARE THESE THREADS REALLY HEALTHY FOR DISCUSSION ???

m_23_bayarea
25th January 2007, 08:01 PM
Guys, I have been seeing in all these years at the HUB that very often, we have discussions/arguments around threads like these ...

* The BEST _____!

* The BIGGEST _____!

* The No.1 _____!

* The MOST POPULAR _____!

* X vs Z!

* The top 5 _____ of all time!

* Your favorite ______!

* The next BIGGEST or BEST or No. 1!

etc etc ....

If you notice, almost all these threads will at some point end up in the arguments around my favorite person is the best, and everybody else only follows him/her .... And we just totally forget the fact that ppl have different tastes, and one's favorite is a result of one's SUBJECTIVE nature only! Some of the consequences of these arguments have been ....

* Elevating one's favorite to almost God-hood!

* Degrading one's non-favorite to almost Trash!

* Comparing apples and oranges, especially two legends that belonged to different generations!

* Getting personal with fellow hubbers that have different opinions!

* Ganging up with fellow hubbers and goin after some hubber who doesnt have too much company!

* Some hubbers getting banned as a result!

I have created a very simple YES or NO poll for this topic ... I just want to know what all you ppl think abt this ... My choice is obviously NO for all the above-mentioned consequences ... Let's see if we're on the same page!

Enlighten with some feedback friends!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cancer
25th January 2007, 09:05 PM
ithellam illainna HUB irukkkirathula arthamae illai....

joe
25th January 2007, 09:14 PM

athane!

Bay thampi ! enna sollureenga ? Tamil film section-aiye oothi moodittu polamnaa? :confused2:

Nerd
25th January 2007, 09:17 PM
Bay, ippovE paathi pEru TF section varrathilla. intha rules ellAm pOttOmnA "E" dhAn Ottanum :lol:

Saamy
25th January 2007, 09:29 PM
Discussions can be held in such threads also.

Kollywoodfan
25th January 2007, 10:38 PM

bay, enna achi ungalukku?? :confused2: :confused2:

thamiz
25th January 2007, 11:19 PM
bay!!!

This is the first time I see kolly's thamizh post! :D

Somehow you made kolly to write in thamizh! I know it is all the influence of "thamizh" from pokkiri! :)

Kollywoodfan
25th January 2007, 11:29 PM
I've written in tamil many times...but I'm not a good typer (altho I can speak well) and mess up words badly so they ending looking like baby talk.

Haha...I don't think the westernized THAMIZH!!! song had anything to do with it! :wink:

thamiz
25th January 2007, 11:32 PM
I thought you can hardly ever speak in thamizh! Again, as I told you, I am a slow-learner and have some learning disabilities! That is my lame excuses of course :lol:

Kollywoodfan
25th January 2007, 11:37 PM
I thought you can hardly ever speak in thamizh! Again, as I told you, I am a slow-learner and have some learning disabilities! That is my lame excuses of course :lol:

:poke: :poke: No, no I was born in the US yet speak tamil very well. Not bragging, but just I learned and watched tamil movies from a very young age and kept up with the language. relatives and friends here are always shocked. But I can't write or write in eng. Ok, let's stop this and get back to the topic of the thread....What is it again? :rotfl:

thamiz
25th January 2007, 11:39 PM
Good to know that kolly the thamizh!

Dont worry, kolly, This thread is meant for chatting only. I thought you knew that! :lol:

Kollywoodfan
25th January 2007, 11:40 PM
Ok Ok...so have u seen all of the Pongal releases?? :)

Nerd
25th January 2007, 11:41 PM
BAY, where are you :evil:

Kollywoodfan
25th January 2007, 11:42 PM

PLEASE :lol: This thread was DOOMED from the start!! :lol: :lol:

thamiz
25th January 2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah, but have not watched pokkiri fully.

Thamarabarani is certainly better than aazvaar, kolly. This one time I agree with sify's reviews and bo report as well> :)

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 12:19 AM

PLEASE :lol: This thread was DOOMED from the start!! :lol: :lol:

That was very kind of you Kolly, and Thamizh too! :evil:

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 12:20 AM
Well guys, if it's such a joke, I see more ppl voting for NO than YES! :roll:

thamiz
26th January 2007, 12:21 AM
U r often so touchy bay! :)

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 12:27 AM
U r often so touchy bay! :)

Thanks, but make sure you vote and give some feedback too! :P

thalaifan
26th January 2007, 12:40 AM

i Voted for a no, can u see some post's made recently by tamilcinemafan :lol: , and now he's started again...he sounds kiddish, mature talks are welcome..

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 12:42 AM

i Voted for a no, can u see some post's made recently by tamilcinemafan :lol: , and now he's started again...he sounds kiddish, mature talks are welcome..

Thalaifan, this thread has NOTHING to do with Tamilcinemafan's threads or ahuramazda's threads! :D

thalaifan
26th January 2007, 12:47 AM

Thalaifan, this thread has NOTHING to do with Tamilcinemafan's threads or ahuramazda's threads! :D

Bay,

I mentioned abt Hubbers who r immature and topics like A Vs Z, who is the best would provoke them.

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 12:49 AM
Bay,

I mentioned abt Hubbers who r immature and topics like A Vs Z, who is the best would provoke them.

Cool man, you are the first guy to give some real feedback in this thread ... Thank You! :thumbsup:

thalaifan
26th January 2007, 12:52 AM
Bay,

Cool man, you are the first guy to give some real feedback in this thread ... Thank You! :thumbsup:

U r Most welcome

Kollywoodfan
26th January 2007, 01:40 AM
Fine... :irked: :irked: you want feedback?

Well I think that regardless if there are fans, someone is ALWAYS bound to get disappointed. But that is the name of the game, we all have different opinions and regardless of our feuds it's fun to share them in a way that won't hurt the other person. People who use these things for immature personal attacks (at this point it has nothing to do with stars) are the people who r making these threads "unhealthy" like thalaifan says.

Happy now? :angry2:

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah am happy now! :P

But again, I hope you understand this thread has NOTHING to do with anybody's recent attacks! This issue has been in my mind for more than 2 years ... Everytime there's an argument or some crazy comparison, I just couldnt understand the POINT of such discussions ... Why cant we all just focus on the positives and the activities of our own favorites, and let alone the negatives of OTHERS is my question!

:D

thalaifan
26th January 2007, 02:09 AM
Yeah am happy now! :P

But again, I hope you understand this thread has NOTHING to do with anybody's recent attacks! This issue has been in my mind for more than 2 years ... Everytime there's an argument or some crazy comparison, I just couldnt understand the POINT of such discussions ... Why cant we all just focus on the positives and the activities of our own favorites, and let alone the negatives of OTHERS is my question!

:D

Bay,

This thread is a good one :thumbsup: but since u had the idea 2 yrs back, u shoul'd have done this long back.

i entered this hub, after witnessing all the healthy arguments, but for the past few weeks it is :evil: some personal attacks spoil the show.

But a definite thumbs up for this thread, hopefully we would not have any more arguments like A Vs Z, the best ------ Etc....

Kollywoodfan
26th January 2007, 02:11 AM
A vs. Z?? :? What's that thalaifan?

thalaifan
26th January 2007, 02:16 AM

K.F Its Just Alphabets.. 8-)
A Vs Z = (A Vs V) Understood :roll:

Kollywoodfan
26th January 2007, 02:22 AM

K.F Its Just Alphabets.. 8-)
A Vs Z = (A Vs V) Understood :roll:

AAHA... :lol: Ok...bay, honestly what did u hope to get out of this thread...maybe we can all join together and make sure that it happens. :)

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 02:27 AM
AAHA... :lol: Ok...bay, honestly what did u hope to get out of this thread...maybe we can all join together and make sure that it happens. :)

Kolly, as if you dont understand my first post! I thought I explained it well enough ... :roll:

All you got to tell me is whether yo're ok with the nature of threads I pointed out or not ... Simple YES or NO! :P

Kollywoodfan
26th January 2007, 02:30 AM

Kolly, as if you dont understand my first post! I thought I explained it well enough ... :roll:

All you got to tell me is whether yo're ok with the nature of threads I pointed out or not ... Simple YES or NO! :P

I voted already :o don't worry. But I mean, it's not enough to JUST DISCUSS these problems and "enlighten" others because obviously all have different opinions and this can end up as a bigger disaster.

I think we should think of a solution or come to some sort of truce, so that we can avoid this all. :wink:

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 07:58 PM
I voted already :o don't worry. But I mean, it's not enough to JUST DISCUSS these problems and "enlighten" others because obviously all have different opinions and this can end up as a bigger disaster.

I think we should think of a solution or come to some sort of truce, so that we can avoid this all. :wink:

DISCUSSION leads to a SOLUTION ... But even to have a discussion, you need to STATE the problem in hand ... And that's the purpose of this thread! :)

PS: Thanks a lot for unlocking this thread MODS! :D

m_23_bayarea
26th January 2007, 08:04 PM
Wow, it's half and half on the poll! This is good ... Would like to know the vote-count when this poll saturates! :D