PDA

View Full Version : YUVAN VS HARRIS JAYARAJ

atqsar72
26th January 2007, 12:41 AM
Guys,

Yuvan and Harris are the hot music directors in Tamil film industry. Who is your preference in these two?

kidils
26th January 2007, 12:42 AM
tis topic is gonna be locked soon... but harris is my preference. especially last two years harris rocks. yuvan was good, but last two years too repetitive.

Kollywoodfan
26th January 2007, 02:27 AM
If I had to choose, I would choose HJ

but they're both equally great. However, both of them are starting to get rather repetitive nowadays with recycled tunes and all.

Although PKMC songs sound nice after a couple of hearings, one cannot get past the fact that they are starting to resemble a lot of HJ's previous album songs.

I recently watched Minnale, and saw how the songs were amazing and largely contributed to the success of the film. They were refreshing at that time, but now with the same singers (Bombay Jayashree for the same types of songs)...he is getting a little banal.

Still IMO HJ scores above YSR. :D

mareen
26th January 2007, 03:32 AM
Yuvan !!

slperson1
26th January 2007, 07:31 PM
My pick is yuvan.You can tell if an album is a yuvan album (style is repetitive) but his overall albums arent.With a few song styles he likes to repeat.Mainly his hip hop type of songs.Harris on the other hand is ALWAYS repetitive. PKMC can be touted as Unnale Unnale part 2.Me & my mom were driving to the store the other day.And the cd i had playing contained the unnale unnale as well as PKMC songs.The drive to the place we were goin took 30 min.So total travel time was 60 min. When we got home she asked me "Why did u keep playin the same song over and over?"

karthik_sa2
26th January 2007, 10:19 PM
yuvan unanimously

rsubras
26th January 2007, 10:32 PM
Songs wise - It is HJ, Even though HJ is repetitive, even the success of his songs are repeating only :), Yuvan imho has more talent, he experiments, he is indifferent for certain directors, actors, so the success rate of yuvan's songs is not as much that of hj's... HJ on the other hand scores in the same vein for whether it is his favorite Gautam menon or occasional director like Durai (Thotti Jaya)

I like yuvan better, but i like HJ's songs more better :D

Wibha
27th January 2007, 06:22 AM
YUVAN............ his songs r awesome......HJ songs are kinda on the same track

buvana
27th January 2007, 06:22 AM
Harris, all the way !! His songs lasts in the heart, keeps you humm, more preferred by women and girls for the lyrical value, nice interludes, mixing, chorus, orchestration.. everything is there. Ullam Kektumae, UU songs took me back to my college days.. Never liked much of Yuvan's compositions, except for Poi solla (April Mathathil), Davani Potta (Sandai Kozhi) Konjam Konjam (Arindhum).. His voice rendition is not much required, after all there are so many good singers.. with crystal clear male voice !!

HJ :thumbsup:

ursganesh
27th January 2007, 06:26 AM
Harris, Harris, definitely !!

His songs made me go crazy.. into a different world !!

I simply admire him the way he interacts with his fans ... I eagerly await Unnale Unnale... the hero looks damn handsome and promising.

My full votes to him... :clap:

dinesh2002
27th January 2007, 09:04 AM
hmmm.... i think both r doing great job as for now... ..but i think Hj is he composes 5 songs in an album, atleast 3-4 will be good & are listenable,where else YSR probably 2-3 songs only could be heard,and sometimes the whole album vanishes from our memory... and ofcource,i see Hj has reached the people more & created a fan database which is much stronger compared to YSR's, see HJ has 2 websites for him.1 official & 1 by his fans... but i dun see any for YSR ....

those were the fact that supports HJ,

as for YSR, he has more variety & is more daring to do something which is new for the makkal...wherelse Hj isnt brave enough to try something new and alwiz depend on ARR's songs and ofcource his previous HIT songs and compose based on the trend ARR has created.. he is even tracking down ARR even untill SOK.... so he is alwiz on the safe side,whereelse YSR alwiz does something diff than HJ, and gives many quality songs ever since Aravindhan.... a good example....Aiyoyo - Paruthi Veeran.... omg...wut a composition... something which HJ has never done & i doubt he could do something which is very rural & classy at the same time....

so overall, i vote for YSR for his uniqueness & braveness and vote for Hj's catchy & ARRish song...

cadburyboy
27th January 2007, 10:47 AM
Dinesh...you better dont talk if u dono anythin about HJ. What you noe about him???? u r talking pure crap...what u mean by HJ is not brave enough or depending on arr songs...you better watch ur remarks!!! if you noe wat HJ wish to deliver in his compositions then you wont be talking like this...make a comparison in a decent way...dont think if you write good things about HJ in the 1st paragraph and bashing comments in the 2nd paragraph, ppl will think you r neutral...YOU R VERY2 NEGATIVE...you dun even deserve to comment about him...
As what i told u earlier, u lacks musical knowledge...simply there to make sounds like a empty cans...In fact u dono even much about arr music i guess...so, get urself rd 4 al these...dun be there like a dumb fellow...

dinesh2002
27th January 2007, 11:41 AM
cadbury boy, from ur message i see ur manners of words r very 'colourful'... i guess ur the 1st 1 who needs some teachings in life... get the right attitude 1st...then ill bother to consider answering u... i do not reply to people who has no respect for people... y im messagin now even its just to tell u,coz i belive no 1 in ur life have ever bothered saying it to u... good day & wut i said about HJ & YSR is pretty much true... whether u like it or not :) ....

cadburyboy
27th January 2007, 12:01 PM
good luck

rajasaranam
27th January 2007, 04:48 PM
U1 Rocks :)
Happened to watch Thamirabharani recently and his BGM score was awesome. Oh! he is right there equaling Raaja in BGM dept. Where no one else have reached. the small nuances and importance given to the characters emotions on screen through the BGM's of Raaja and U1 are missing in any other composer.
And in songs too U1 sticks firmly to the movie's color not standing apart from the script as other composers. Earlier i didnt like the songs from Thamirabharani but after Listening them along with the movie and observing at some instances the way he had used those tunes for BGM. Man he is astounding!
for example the song "Thaaliye thevai illa nee thaan en pondaatti" that comes as a love song between hero and heroine in the movie but at a later instance when the hero asks for the heroine to marry someone else which is better for the family, this song comes as a BGM, immedietly spinning us back mentally to the song where they were happy then and making us relate to the sad visuals that are happening now . This is the kind of perfection that Raaja reached in his BGM..and U1 is following it shows us how much he have learnt from his father.
There are many other such nuances where U1 shows his brilliance...Way to GO U1 you Rock :thumbsup:

Hulkster
28th January 2007, 08:06 AM
I am not so sure about that RS sir but i feel he has matured...particularly in the understanding of the heroic scenes..that tharai thappattai effect when Vishal does something heroic was very catchy...the usage of a song's tune as bgm is very common...if yuvan must beat IR...it must be him using different shades of BGM rather than using songs to explain the emotions in the scenes. :D

Hulkster
28th January 2007, 08:10 AM
Cadburyboy...dinesh has just voiced his opinions there and his opinions have no provoking sense in them...its a universally accepted fact for his repititiveness...true his melody sense in his instrumentation is nice but that does not mean he is superb. And his songs do sound like a distant cousin of ARR's songs. This is just a opinion...but that does not mean you can criticise a person with such negativity...please give respect to other's opinions as well. :D

cadburyboy
28th January 2007, 01:07 PM
hulkster...you go tru the 2nd paragraph of his comments....tats wat made me 2 say sumtin...

Hulkster
28th January 2007, 03:16 PM
As i said cadburyboy thats his opinion..its not HJ Bashing or anything...its more of a review than a provoking comment...i guess ur hastened too much...relax :D

cadburyboy
28th January 2007, 04:34 PM
ok then!!!

A.ANAND
28th January 2007, 04:45 PM
YES !!! YSR 100 TIMES BETTER THAN HJ 4 ME.PRUTI VEERAN SIMLY ROCKS :thumbsup:

MADDY
28th January 2007, 06:56 PM
hmmmm.......Harris and Yuvan.....tough to choose between them.....while one experiments and innovates to charm you the other just blinds u with catchy rythms and hummable tunes....

Harris: his main strength is his template......he hardly changes his template,rythm,even the scales, i guess, but still can bring some minor differences to depict a level of variation for songs to be a hit......he is best suited for tamil audience now, and lyrics in his song is very clear amidst all tracks is commendable.....i think thats where tamil purists prefer him over ARRahman.....consistency is also the trademark for this guy.....

Yuvan: this guy loves to stay away from ARR and IR style.....and he does it effectively.......his bgms are mindblowing to say the least.......he innovates with arrangements and like ARR has a penchant for global sounds.........still i wud call him closer to IR as he also seem to believe that tunes are more important than the beats........also, he has this advantage of being Raaja's son which puts half of Tamilnadu in his pocket.....thats a head start he has on HJ who has just neutral guys for his support.........

for me, HJ's hardwork and coming on his own nullifies the points scored by u1 for his experimentation........so both are equal for me.....

but why have we not witnessed a new trend in TFM like we did in 76 or 92......i think one of these should work on tat...... :D ...

Scale
28th January 2007, 10:52 PM
HJ has learnt everything from ARR except .... but to compare him with YSR he needs minimum 6 months exclusive training from IR for bgms. That will basically help him how to compose a tune first. :D

genesis
29th January 2007, 03:21 AM
On any given day, I will pick Mani Sharma over these 2 guys......

It is unfortunate an industry that produced masters like IR and ARR has to choose between 2 loosers...

sehnthan
29th January 2007, 09:04 PM
நேற்றுதான் பச்சை கிளி முத்துச்சரம் பாடல்களை கேட்டேன். எப்படிதான் ஹரிஷினால் இப்படி Play Smart பண்ண முடியுதுனு தெரியில.. இவரோட பாடல்களில் இவரது புத்திசாலித்தனம்தான் தெரியுது. இசையோட நலினம் தெரியில... He is a Pure Commercial Music Director... காதல் கொஞ்சம் பாடலில் அப்படியே நியூ யோர்க் நகரம் சாயல்..அதே chords பயன்படுத்தி வேறு மாதிரியான பாடலை உருவாக்கி தனது புத்திசாலித்தனத்தை நிருபித்திருக்கிறார். ஹரிஸ் அவர்களே...எங்களுக்கு வேண்டியது உங்களின் புத்திசாலித்தனம் அல்ல...உங்களின் புதிய இசை பரிணாமம். மின்னலே, சமுராய், 12B போன்ற படங்களில் அது தெரிந்தது. இன்னும் நான் 'மூங்கில் காடுகளே'க்கு அடிமை. தயவு செஞ்சு கொஞ்சம் மாறுங்க சார்.

rsubras
29th January 2007, 11:18 PM
>>also, he has this advantage of being Raaja's son which puts half of Tamilnadu in his pocket.....thats a head start he has on HJ who has just neutral guys for his support.........

maddy if u say this for yuvan, then harris too had the advantage of coming from ARR's camp which had put half of tamilnadu's youth into his pocket in his initial days..... (as far as i know atleast till Saami days and to a certain extent even now)....okie as for the opportunities he got, accepted, it is hard work :)

karthik_sa2
30th January 2007, 02:42 AM
kadhal kondein,7g,pudhupetai,mounam paesiyadhe,manmadhan just for bgms they stand way ahead of any harris's copies of arr

A.ANAND
30th January 2007, 09:22 AM
>>also, he has this advantage of being Raaja's son which puts half of Tamilnadu in his pocket.....thats a head start he has on HJ who has just neutral guys for his support.........

maddy if u say this for yuvan, then harris too had the advantage of coming from ARR's camp which had put half of tamilnadu's youth into his pocket in his initial days..... (as far as i know atleast till Saami days and to a certain extent even now)....okie as for the opportunities he got, accepted, it is hard work :)samy,kaaka kaaka,12b,minnale iruntha harris music 'alai'or[crazy]ippa konjam kuranja mathiri thonuthu :roll:

A.ANAND
30th January 2007, 09:26 AM
நேற்றுதான் பச்சை கிளி முத்துச்சரம் பாடல்களை கேட்டேன். எப்படிதான் ஹரிஷினால் இப்படி Play Smart பண்ண முடியுதுனு தெரியில.. இவரோட பாடல்களில் இவரது புத்திசாலித்தனம்தான் தெரியுது. இசையோட நலினம் தெரியில... He is a Pure Commercial Music Director... காதல் கொஞ்சம் பாடலில் அப்படியே நியூ யோர்க் நகரம் சாயல்..அதே chords பயன்படுத்தி வேறு மாதிரியான பாடலை உருவாக்கி தனது புத்திசாலித்தனத்தை நிருபித்திருக்கிறார். ஹரிஸ் அவர்களே...எங்களுக்கு வேண்டியது உங்களின் புத்திசாலித்தனம் அல்ல...உங்களின் புதிய இசை பரிணாமம். மின்னலே, சமுராய், 12B போன்ற படங்களில் அது தெரிந்தது. இன்னும் நான் 'மூங்கில் காடுகளே'க்கு அடிமை. தயவு செஞ்சு கொஞ்சம் மாறுங்க சார்.he is pure commercial md-yes,athala santhegame illai.100% true.itha sonna than 'oru silarukku kovam pottu kittu varuthe sir :lol:

sehnthan
30th January 2007, 02:21 PM
:D :D aana enna mayomoh manthiramo theriyila....HJ podura pattu mattum hit avuthu.....makkalukkum theriyuthu avaru thiruppi thiruppi repeat pandrarunu...appavum athai vangurangale...aanaa orutharu kasthappattu thailand philharmonic musician lam vaichu vellaikaran mari soundtrack potta kuuda....yaarum kandukka matturanga... :lol: :lol: enna ulagamo pongappa......

A.ANAND
30th January 2007, 03:15 PM
:D :D aana enna mayomoh manthiramo theriyila....HJ podura pattu mattum hit avuthu.....makkalukkum theriyuthu avaru thiruppi thiruppi repeat pandrarunu...appavum athai vangurangale...aanaa orutharu kasthappattu thailand philharmonic musician lam vaichu vellaikaran mari soundtrack potta kuuda....yaarum kandukka matturanga... :lol: :lol: enna ulagamo pongappa......sari..sari!!!mr.sehnthan,ithukellam 'oppari'vechaa enna garathu :roll: ennakku ennamo tamilanukku 'sweet'inna romba pidikkum,anthanala hj songs romba pidikkutho ennavo :confused2: hj songs'la romba sweet athigam.anaa sweet than body'kku romba trabule!!! :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
30th January 2007, 04:53 PM
Hulkster :clap: thanks for fully understanding my post.... phew.... its tough for me to comment huh... there r many people waiting just to bash me with words.... :lol2:

buvana
31st January 2007, 06:14 AM

maddy if u say this for yuvan, then harris too had the advantage of coming from ARR's camp which had put half of tamilnadu's youth into his pocket in his initial days..... (as far as i know atleast till Saami days and to a certain extent even now)....okie as for the opportunities he got, accepted, it is hard work :)samy,kaaka kaaka,12b,minnale iruntha harris music 'alai'or[crazy]ippa konjam kuranja mathiri thonuthu :roll:

Its the other way round, Anand. The craze is more among high school and college goers (atleast from my experience in Singapore) Till the class starts, they listen to HJ songs more, in lunch-breaks, speak about the orchestra etc. and play in keyboards and in big chorus. They constantly write to him, even managed to meet up with him (when he was at Singapore for Bheema composition) with the help of another fanclub member. No we here only UU songs everywhere.. be it class or outside.

A.ANAND
31st January 2007, 08:47 AM

Its the other way round, Anand. The craze is more among high school and college goers (atleast from my experience in Singapore) Till the class starts, they listen to HJ songs more, in lunch-breaks, speak about the orchestra etc. and play in keyboards and in big chorus. They constantly write to him, even managed to meet up with him (when he was at Singapore for Bheema composition) with the help of another fanclub member. No we here only UU songs everywhere.. be it class or outside.ithala ellam peruma pada enna irkku??

buvana
31st January 2007, 09:45 AM
perumaikkaga illai.. ullathai (nadakkirathai) sonnen..

Sanjeevi
31st January 2007, 11:10 AM
:D :D aana enna mayomoh manthiramo theriyila....HJ podura pattu mattum hit avuthu.....makkalukkum theriyuthu avaru thiruppi thiruppi repeat pandrarunu...appavum athai vangurangale...aanaa orutharu kasthappattu thailand philharmonic musician lam vaichu vellaikaran mari soundtrack potta kuuda....yaarum kandukka matturanga... :lol: :lol: enna ulagamo pongappa......

experimentation, innovation, content ithai ellam vida mukkiamaanathu ennathunna presentation than where HJ scores over YSR.

BTW, last weekend i went to my native place where i listened Deepavali songs in outside places.

karthik_sa2
31st January 2007, 05:50 PM
Its the other way round, Anand. The craze is more among high school and college goers (atleast from my experience in Singapore) Till the class starts, they listen to HJ songs more, in lunch-breaks, speak about the orchestra etc. and play in keyboards and in big chorus. They constantly write to him, even managed to meet up with him (when he was at Singapore for Bheema composition) with the help of another fanclub member. No we here only UU songs everywhere.. be it class or outside.

bhuvana
this may be the case in singapore but in tamilnadu esp chennai yuvan has a better fanfare esp among youth coll and high school goers.no music directors except IR and ARR gets whistles and claps in theatres whe their name gets displayed in the title.but its just amazing yuvan is the nxt only guy to get whistles when his name gets displyed during the title of the movie.
commercial success beckons yuvan simply bcos he goes on for films of debutant heroes,directors etc mostly yet to compose for any biggies,lack of proper marketing or promoting,too much experimentation and scores too many movies in a year.but its the other way around for harris.he tastes sucess evn before the movie release.
take for instance VV first thing its a kaml starrer ,then the hype the film had even before the release.anotheer example is 'pachaikili muthucharam"alomost everyday this trailer comes between any programme.so obviously the more u hear u start to hum that song.another thing about harris movie is he doesn go for folk songs or dapankuthu songs.obviously he doesn get films demanding that but still that is one of the reason y gilrls love his songs.basicsally girls don like dapankuthu songs.recent times yuvan was given more folk and dapankuthu related movies .
the point is yuvan has more fans than harris but still fail commercially cos of the above reasons:huh:

hariprasadb23
31st January 2007, 06:09 PM
i totally agree with kartik

nanchil_guy
31st January 2007, 08:34 PM
i cant belive that why didnt you guys understand the difference between a movie being commercial hit and a movie being musical hit.Most of Harris jayaraj movies are comercially big hits but not all of them are musical hits, but half of Yuvans movies did badly at BO but musical hits.

Whenever HJ worked with big shots like Goutham, Shankar and Murugadaas the songs became big hits, this would happen regardless of any MD's.Even Anniyan and Saamy songs didnt received well by fans initially , once the movie became big hit, the songs were also started to do well.On the other hand even though the songs of the movie Leysa Leysa are really good (only one of my HJ favourite other than Minnale) but it wasnt a musical when compared with HJ's other hit, 'cos movie is not commercial hit.

But when you look at the movies he did with not so big shots like Hari and others (Kovil, Majnu,Arul, Arashatchi,samurai etc) he failed miserably musicwise and movies were also flops.this is where Yuvan score better than HJ , even though almost all of his movies are not with bigshots (apart from Vasanth and lingusamy i guess) but 80% of them are musical hits.

The bottom line is in 2004 and 2005 Yuvan gave commercial hits like manmathan, raam, AA and pattiyal back to back so he was hyped by media as No 1 MD and so and so. but in 2005 and 2006 HJ gave big hits like Gajini and VV back to back so he has been celebrated by media , cinema people and fans right now.But when you compare Yuvan and HJ in Quality, innovation, trend setting music, BGM Youvan scores over HJ comportably.

ajaybaskar
1st February 2007, 01:39 PM
well said,NG

buvana
1st February 2007, 02:34 PM
Thats fine, karthi.. atleast we shared unga oor enga oor seithi in this topic.. :)

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd February 2007, 12:41 AM
bhuvana,

do you think Harris lacks in experimenting different phase of music something like pudhupettai? but he is good, I really liked the song 'Uyirile' from Vettayadu Vilayaadu

sehnthan
2nd February 2007, 01:58 PM
IMHO puthupettai music is not experimentation though...yuvan gives what the movie demands..for that kind of movie, BGM is an important base for the overall accomplishment in film making....i guess selva must insist yuvan to come out wif that kind of music...some songs which were showed in the film itself went along wif the movie itself...it's not experimentation....it is the method followed by hollywood film makers to include a soundtrack which tells the story of the film itself...that's wat yuvan did...almost every hollywood movies doin this...so it's already exist...so how can we label puthupettai music is a experimentation. just that in TF industry ppl do this rarely cause it's really need some level of music knowledge..yuvan for me have done decent job in puthupettai. i really can say his work is comparable wif some hollywood music composers..but then again the question is...can HJ do this kind job for any other movie ?

Sanjeevi
2nd February 2007, 03:31 PM
Whenever a new kind of music comes to a group of unknown people, it is known as Experimentation IMHO :D

Hulkster
2nd February 2007, 04:36 PM
Bhuvana i think you have been abit too hasty in deriving about HJ's popularity in Singapore. Singaporeans have a taste for any song that strikes their mind regardless of the composer. Usually it is soft romantic songs....kathal valarthaen,suttum vizhi sudarae and yetho ninaikiraen this year...or at times koothu songs..so it cannot really be used as a judgemental opinion on this matter.

On the thing about hollywood composers...i believe that is like two worlds apart...hollywood composers frame their music according to the storyline and the moods and use more of orchestraic pieces while ours is a mix of commercial and narrative music.

buvana
2nd February 2007, 05:31 PM
Hulkster, what I mentioned did not mean that almost entire singapore / 90% singapore usually like HJs compostions etc. It is based on the circle of students - primary 4 onwards and secondary - whom I am associated with. I casually collected this info not from one particular school, but many of them. Their feedback were "instantly likeable" "want to hear more of the song" "best song for parties" "easily stays at heart" etc. You wont deny the fact when Kaakha Kaakha was released, there was high song request demand on Oli 96.8 when sometimes the RJ would refuse to play two songs from the same movie in the same programme.

So far as public voting on OLI 96.8 FM for the top songs countdown 2006, even some unbelievable things have happened. A song like "Munbe Vaa' occupied 6th place while Etho Ninaikiren (Thalainagaram) occupied 1st position followed by New York Nagaram in 2nd and Manjal Veyyil in 3rd. I agree that overall public in Singapore prefer only soft love songs since only these songs linger in the hearts of young and old and not the gaana or kuthu songs. While Munbe Vaa scored 1st position in Malaysia..

Hulkster
2nd February 2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah as you put it cleanly...instantly likeable...but what i meant was it had nothing to do with the composer...if a thomas came from pudhupettai and composed a excellent song people will want more but will not bother much about the composer details..that is how it works in sg. Kaaka Kaaka is one album i remember where youths and old alike liked all songs especially ondra iranda,ennai konjam matri and uyirin uyire but the general taste was that the lyrics and the music were nice...same went for manmadhan album and 7G Rainbow Colony..repeated requests but only bothering about the song content. :D

A.ANAND
2nd February 2007, 09:42 PM
-deleted-

cadburyboy
3rd February 2007, 12:47 AM
-deleted-

buvana
3rd February 2007, 06:02 AM
[quote but will not bother much about the composer details"

Hulkster, what you said is true, but not as a whole.. there is a sect of youth who are quite aware of composer details.. perhaps one of my earlier posts in this topic will tell you as to how they keep in touch with the celebs..

Yes, Anand.. Usha, Vidya, Mythili and many more names !! But I have many worthwhile things to do than "poovai suttharadhu ". Those is Singapore will know the popularity of really nice numbers !!

july
3rd February 2007, 07:43 AM
Harris Jayaraj is my choice...
HJ song cant easily get rid from my mind..
and i'm sure it do for some of normal music listener too...

Hulkster
3rd February 2007, 08:51 AM
Not very sure about that Bhuvana but i do know that the youth have a balanced preference for YSR,HJ and ARR...so its not really good to judge songs based from singapore tastes.

Cadbury boy konjam rombo over heated ah irukkaenge pa...btw naan IR fan,ARR fan ellei...cool down penni unga opinion marupadiyum sollunga :D

buvana
3rd February 2007, 10:08 AM
Anand, if you feel what I said top songs in Singapore is poo sutharathu, then here is the link, check for yourself.

www.oli.sg

If you still feel that KK songs were popular when released is poo sutharathu, then okay.. I stand corrected. KK music was a big flop, movie a mega-flop.. happy ??

Let me tell you all a fine example of Poo sutharathu.. Someone is a ARR -fan. But when the topic is of Yuvan-Harris, immediately the support goes to Yuvan, since this person may personally dislike HJ or for whatever reasons. The fact may be that he may not be liking much of Yuvan songs. All just because of the phrase "ethiriyoda ethiri namakku nanban".

This was witnessed more when GV Prakash composed Veyyil. Many here gave him a warm welcome - Definitely he did a great job in Veyyil, that we should not deny. But still, many had the feeling that since he is ARRs relative, he should be giving a thumbs-up regardless of what the output is. But had he been any other third person like Dharan, he music would have fallen to deaf ears.

cadburyboy
3rd February 2007, 10:49 AM
yes buvana..u r rite...mere vaiterechai...these fellows cant take the fact....wat 2 do...

A.ANAND
3rd February 2007, 10:55 AM
yes buvana..u r rite...mere vaiterechai...these fellows cant take the fact....wat 2 do...copy panniye polappu nadathavaranukkelam fans paruyya???pularikkuthu pongga :lol:

dinesh2002
3rd February 2007, 11:28 AM
about GVP... goodness...come on stop telling we r supporting him becoz he is related to ARR....apadi paartha we should have crowned ARRehana for her scores in Machi and some movie that was released last year.... r we doing that?? if ur seeing in the angle that we r praising GVP becoz he is related to ARR.... sorry... ur in the wrong side of the road.... :)

and if u might not know,i think GVP is more on HJ side rather on ARR's... he speaks about HJ more than ARR... now i bet u will support GVP isnt it?? ;) - just kiddin....

YSR & HJ ...both r doing great on thier level, hey, face it.... they r sharing the crown now...no matter which country and who r supporting them... they r the Kings rite now... enjoy MUSIC and please.... do not create another war between HJ & ARR fans saying we support YSR becoz he is HJ's enemy....it makes no sense...1st of all YSR is not Hj's enemey...thier job here is to satisfy people's need in music,and not in some competition...understand that 1st please...BE OPEN IN UR THINKING.... enough of the problems we have now... chill ..... and to fans here,please mind ur language and ur manners... i think i dont need to mention thier names.... keep ur HARDCOREness up to certain level & take things cool... do not burst out throwing sharp words at people as it will only demolish the respect we have for u.....

chiow!

ursganesh
3rd February 2007, 11:57 AM
yes buvana..u r rite...mere vaiterechai...these fellows cant take the fact....wat 2 do...copy panniye polappu nadathavaranukkelam fans paruyya???pularikkuthu pongga :lol:

copy, xerox ithallem neengathan nondi paakareenga.. neutral isai rasiganukku nachhunu manasula padhinju kiranga vaikkira maathiri paattu kodukuraara illaya... athu, athuthaan venum.. fans uruvaagaama irukkumaa ?? presentation nu varumbodhu super-a kodutha yaarukkuthaan pidikaathu ???????

A.ANAND
3rd February 2007, 12:09 PM
]FINAL WARNING: Discuss with decorum!

buvana
3rd February 2007, 12:12 PM
"do not burst out throwing sharp words at people as it will only demolish the respect we have for u..... "

Dinesh, "sharp words" - No way !! Which of my words makes you feel so ? I meant there was a biased opinion, thats it. And I guess the above quote is applicable to one and all, not for anybody in particular !!

rsubras
3rd February 2007, 12:13 PM
>>Definitely he did a great job in Veyyil, that we should not deny. But still, many had the feeling that since he is ARRs relative, he should be giving a thumbs-up regardless of what the output is. But had he been any other third person like Dharan, he music would have fallen to deaf ears.

i dont know how much of this is true........but what is more true is regarding HJ.....HJ did a marvellous job in Minnale that no one would deny, But still many had the feeling that since he was from ARR camp, he shud be given a thumbs-up regardless of the out put is........ ARR studio la rnthu vara ellorume sooper music poduvangannu ninaichavanga undu... Part of HJ's initial days' success coz of the fact that he came from ARR......

MADDY
3rd February 2007, 12:40 PM
www.oli.sg

All just because of the phrase "ethiriyoda ethiri namakku nanban".

This was witnessed more when GV Prakash composed Veyyil. Many here gave him a warm welcome - Definitely he did a great job in Veyyil, that we should not deny. But still, many had the feeling that since he is ARRs relative, he should be giving a thumbs-up regardless of what the output is. But had he been any other third person like Dharan, he music would have fallen to deaf ears.

buvana, my first comment on this guy was " he wont survive"........u cant generalise ARR fans.....there are fans like me who are not interested in listening to HJ(until its something i like) and not interested in bashing him too.......infact, i rated him a bit above u1 in my comparison.......so please stop generalising ARR fans.......we are too big a group to be understood in 2-3 posts by 4-5 ppl. .......

moreover, the ppl. who are accusing HJ of copying are not neccessarily ARR fans only......they are everyone from u1 fans to IR fans.........and u know IR fans and ARR fans are the "Ashes" rivals in music.....wat do u say for this??

aruvi
3rd February 2007, 01:36 PM
Maddy,

Y1 copies, Harris copies, so does ARR. And I am sure IR had his couple of incidences too. But for the most part, from what I have heard, Harris Jayaraj has been original. Since ARR too has copied, it doesn't make sense to point black at HJ.

On my part, I think both YSR and HJ are neither worse or better than each other. YSR does many films and HJ does a couple. If HJ was mass producing, I am not sure how his film songs would be. Personally, HJ has done us all a favour so far by not singing, at least, not singing so often.

buvana
3rd February 2007, 02:16 PM
Maddy, even now I make it clear that I am not putting all the ARR fans into one circle. I agree I wrote " many of them"... Then it could be some in particular, right ?? I think what I told was not agreeable to many here. If it is ARR Vs. HJ, they would vote ARR, naturally. But when it is Yuvan Vs. HJ, the same would, in order to be neutral, rather than not voting, just vote for Yuvan !

"ARR studio la rnthu vara ellorume sooper music poduvangannu ninaichavanga undu... Part of HJ's initial days' success coz of the fact that he came from ARR......" r subras.

But Subra HJ faced lot of criticism from ARR fans right from the day Minnale audio became a hit. The maximum from ARR fans and media on their part. This is not the case with GVP.

Even I am aware that both Y and H share the market, as of now. But just wanted to say how people just shift preferences, for silly reasons.

dinesh2002
3rd February 2007, 03:01 PM
Buvana...my message was for generally...dun mistake me....it wasnt meant ONLY for u.... :) cheers...

to listen to music...u do not need to know who is the MD...come on... y bring this kinda attitude in Music,which is very divine... why the heck we need " i only listen to ARR songs" " I only listen to HJ songs" " I only listen to YSR songs"...all pure frauds & fanatic..... if ur a true music listener...u wouldnt care who is behind the music, but yes, we appriciate them if they composes more than a dozen songs that are enjoyable & memorable... this is where all the successful MD here scores....yes... im a big fan of ARR... but not listenin to other MD songs is not gonna make me a wise ARR fan, but only a fool... agree?? :) i wonder if the people who r against ARR, HJ or YSR here are really a 'genuine' haters or they just condemn here & behind they r enjoying thier respective songs.... :lol2:

anywayz to all HJ/YSR fans here.... trust me... the more hatred people r gonna show on HJ/YSR...the more popular they r gonna get....

chiowz!!

Sanguine Sridhar
4th February 2007, 03:32 PM
The song "June ponal" from UU is more like "All Rise" by Blue! Couple of other songs are like some famous hindhi pop songs. But as an album UU looks refreshing and nice to listen. But my question is how long Harris can survive in the tamil film industry with the same kind of music?

Dragun
4th February 2007, 03:43 PM
HJ will be around for a while. Even Deva is still doing films! But like Deva, I don't think HJ will have much of a legacy of quality albums. He will have to be constantly churning out hit albums and songs in order to be remembered in the public eye, especially considering how sparse his output is compared to YSR.

karthik_sa2
4th February 2007, 07:31 PM
The song "June ponal" from UU is more like "All Rise" by Blue! Couple of other songs are like some famous hindhi pop songs. But as an album UU looks refreshing and nice to listen. But my question is how long Harris can survive in the tamil film industry with the same kind of music?

june ponal is exactly like "all rise".couple of other songs lke hindi pop songs .but as an album how do u think uu is refreshing?? :roll: :shock:
harris will survive till arr survives :lol:
BTW there is another song dono from which film "pachaikili.." or "uu" sounds like "malargale"from pudhukotai saravanan. aslo like "spinning around": kylie

Sanguine Sridhar
4th February 2007, 10:28 PM
UU songs soothes my eardrums,slow pop, just like Ullam Ketkume.Normally I dont brand songs are, good or bad, with respect to music directors,copied or inspired(exception if it is a direct lift!). Remeber,nobody is perfect.

Even I loved the song "Vizhyinil" from Thiruvilayadal Aarambam or "Chithrayil" or "Atrai thingal" from Sivapathigaram.

After listening to craps like 'Yammadi Aathadi' or 'Mambhazham vikkura kannamma' , songs of UU makes me ofcourse 'refreshing'.Between its my own opinion. Anyways I dont want to change the track of the discussion.

The question for Yuvan is that, when he can give classics like 7G RC,Pudhupettai, why he degrades himself by giving songs like "Karupana(??) Kayyala" which is a direct lift of a devotional song? Just to reach all masses?!

nanchil_guy
5th February 2007, 08:13 AM
if you wanna blame Yuvan for " Karuppaana.." then you have to blame HJ for those crap songs he churned out in saamy, Arul and kovil.my point is the director Hari wants his movie should have these kuthu songs.

you can find this pattern in all his movies 1 kuthu , 1 hero intro and 1 duet, every song might hv kuthu flavour, cos thats what he wants.Yuvan didnt give classic songs to selva cos he is his friend, selva impressed yuvan with his story and was successful in getting good song out of yuvan's tunes.

villan007
5th February 2007, 09:40 AM
if you wanna blame Yuvan for " Karuppaana.." then you have to blame HJ for those crap songs he churned out in saamy, Arul and kovil.my point is the director Hari wants his movie should have these kuthu songs.

kovil was OK... arul :lol2: ...soodamani romba sooda sirikura :lol: :cry:

MrJudge
5th February 2007, 10:01 AM
The question for Yuvan is that, when he can give classics like 7G RC,Pudhupettai, why he degrades himself by giving songs like "Karupana(??) Kayyala" which is a direct lift of a devotional song? Just to reach all masses?!

I think it is a plus point for Yuvan to do both kind of movies and songs. I think after IR, Yuvan is the one breaking the jinx. while other two MDs stick with only popish kind of songs, he tries to cater all types of audience just like his dad.

Karuppaana kayyala is used after Hari had got written permission from the people who have the copyrights of the original. So don't just blame Yuvan alone!

Sanjeevi
5th February 2007, 10:30 AM
No one can ignore Inspiration because a MD should inspire/love other's music or music of nature.
Next, Remix with proper permission is not a crime.
But Copy/Piracy or Remix without permission is an illegal activity.

Understand guys

Sanguine Sridhar
5th February 2007, 08:01 PM
Karuppaana kayyala is used after Hari had got written permission from the people who have the copyrights of the original. So don't just blame Yuvan alone!

Mr.Judge,
Please read the article

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8932

Now the question for you is why Yuvan is not selective in his movies? I mean why he is not maintaining his consistency, his class!? Are you always satisfied with YSR's songs Judge!? But there is no second thought that YSR is far better than Harris.

karthik_sa2
6th February 2007, 10:59 PM
Now the question for you is why Yuvan is not selective in his movies? I mean why he is not maintaining his consistency, his class!? Are you always satisfied with YSR's songs Judge!? But there is no second thought that YSR

dear sanguine
what do u mean yuvan is not selective in his movies??he choses all kinds of movies and he wants to show variety just like his father.now whats wrong in that??he gives what the film demands?u cant have songs or background scores like kadhal kondein in paruthiveeran.though u may not like some songs still the movie demands it .
"karupanna"was obviously demanded by the director and its a jolly song.had the song just to make people enjoy in theatres and not to prove his musical skill.there r other songs for that.,
think u asked judge???sorry this is just my opinion :huh:

Sanguine Sridhar
7th February 2007, 08:58 AM
ok, sounds good! what more can I expect from a Ysr fan :wink:

karthik_sa2
7th February 2007, 04:42 PM
what more can I expect from a Ysr fan :lol: am getiing ur point but am not being biased sanguine...s am a yuvan fan but obviously only for his variety i am his fan unlike harris.. :wink:a music composer has to be versatile only then he can susutain.thats y yuvan choses all kinds of movies though they may not not turn into big hits,it will certainly meet what the movie demands and his fame will reach all kinds of people.

viraajan
17th February 2007, 01:04 PM
thats good nanchil. good comments.

2007 will be in yuvan's packet. "Kadhal vaithu" is the first hit song of 2007 i believe. he has lots of mvies "idhu malai nerathu mayakkam" (Selva), "satham podathe" (Vasanth), chennai-28 (Venkat), mosamanavan with simbu, rameshwaram with jeeva, thottal poo malarum with p.vasu, thamizh m.a (a documentary movie starring jeeva) etc. so yuvan will the md of the year 2007.

vidhya rajan

ursganesh
21st February 2007, 03:13 PM
thats good nanchil. good comments.

2007 will be in yuvan's packet. "Kadhal vaithu" is the first hit song of 2007 i believe. he has lots of mvies "idhu malai nerathu mayakkam" (Selva), "satham podathe" (Vasanth), chennai-28 (Venkat), mosamanavan with simbu, rameshwaram with jeeva, thottal poo malarum with p.vasu, thamizh m.a (a documentary movie starring jeeva) etc. so yuvan will the md of the year 2007.

vidhya rajan

Its too early to say that. A host of movies and just couple of songs comes listenable. Once his next audio comes, the earlier one's popularity fades. MD of the year :roll: How come you forgot upcoming audios like Shivaji, ATM, Bheema etc ??? I hope they have more power to decide !

nanchil_guy
21st February 2007, 10:18 PM
We are not talking about comercial hit alone here, also talkin about musical hit.you expect those movies will be hit based on the cast, director etc.but movies like Kanda naal muthal, Raam, Pattiyal, Arinthum Ariyaamalum and sandakozhi didnt have that " power " to decide , but they became big hit both musically and commercialy.Thats what Yuvans big strength.He (We) believes in his composing abilty to make a movie a hit.so it is not early to say that , but it happened many times in the past.

one more thing, almost all his movies come with good songs so we have more choices. matha unfortunate fans pola orey movie songs varasham poora mennu araichu thuppa nanga readya illa.

ursganesh
23rd February 2007, 05:08 AM
Naanga avvalo unfortunate illa... We have enough good songs to enthrall us... Ungala maathiri "mennu araichu thuppa " maattom..

Yes, you have more choice.. but enter a new one and the old one's effect fades.. It is not so in our case..

karthik_sa2
23rd February 2007, 04:04 PM
Yes, you have more choice.. but enter a new one and the old one's effect fades.. It is not so in our case..

it is not that the older one's effect fades but the new one gets better and better that we prefer the newer ones and keep going.overall the number of hits and versatality will prove which music director is the best.u know IR ,MSV records and if harris goes at this rate 2 films in a year that too with no variety it will not show up now but at one stage he will totally become stereo typed and moved out of tamil cinema.

nanchil_guy
23rd February 2007, 09:49 PM
First you said "Once his next audio comes, the earlier one's popularity fades". Then you are saying " Ungala maathiri "mennu araichu thuppa " maattom ".

I dont understand what you are trying to say with these statements.

Anyway what i was trying to say is that for last one month i have been listening to Kathal vaithu, Thoduven and Pogathey from Deepavali. if Chennai-28 comes with good songs i will surely listen to them more than Deepavali.It doesnt mean that i will discard Deepavali, generally the new things will attract more attention.

viraajan
24th February 2007, 10:14 AM
First you said "Once his next audio comes, the earlier one's popularity fades". Then you are saying " Ungala maathiri "mennu araichu thuppa " maattom ".

I dont understand what you are trying to say with these statements.

Anyway what i was trying to say is that for last one month i have been listening to Kathal vaithu, Thoduven and Pogathey from Deepavali. if Chennai-28 comes with good songs i will surely listen to them more than Deepavali.It doesnt mean that i will discard Deepavali, generally the new things will attract more attention.

You are exactly correct. I still slisten to the kanda nal mudhal, pattiyal, pudhupettia symphony(Everyday i listen to this atleast twice). any review about chennai-28 album. i listened to sample susic in chennai600028.com website. few out of 9 were catchy. am sure that this will reach all kinds of audience. a blend of kuthu, gana, light music, pop etc. will be one of the biggest hits of this year.

vasanth2006
1st March 2007, 03:39 PM
Guys,

two weeks back in vijay tv lollu saba program, they taken VV for their program.

they were making fun with "partha naal mudhale" song. how???

they played the original christian song "yesu azhaikkintrar" with christian people. then they played "partha mudhal naale".

anybody seen that program???

it seems HJ caught by many people.

vasanth2006
1st March 2007, 03:42 PM
guys,

in the saranam part of "un siripinil" from PKMC has the shades of saranam part of the "malargale" from "pudhukottaiyilirunthu saravanan".

anybody noticed that??

karthik_sa2
1st March 2007, 04:47 PM
guys,

in the saranam part of "un siripinil" from PKMC has the shades of saranam part of the "malargale" from "pudhukottaiyilirunthu saravanan".

anybody noticed that??

he copies but still the songs become hit. muttal makkal :banghead:
talent and creativity is never important i believe .as long as it pleases people it becomes hit.very unfair :evil:

sloshed
1st March 2007, 11:35 PM
Unnale Unnale .. Vinnale chenreyne
Unnale Unnale ... Mei Thale Ninrene
Oru Chottu ..kadalum nee
Oru Chottu ..puyalum nee
Brahmithein....
Uyir Kedkum Amudam nee
Emai moodum vizhiyum nee
Yaasithein...

So far .. no answer to this song ..musically or lyric wise this year....

Karthick ..lets talk about the "Unfair" and the "muttal makkal" part when ANYBODY comes up with another one like this .. this year... YOu can cry foul all you want... YSR is not even in the same league as HJ this year...

dinesh2002
2nd March 2007, 08:21 AM
Oru Chottu ..kadalum nee
Oru Chottu ..puyalum nee
Brahmithein....
Uyir Kedkum Amudam nee
Emai moodum vizhiyum nee
Yaasithein...

Karthick ..lets talk about the "Unfair" and the "muttal makkal" part when ANYBODY comes up with another one like this .. this year... YOu can cry foul all you want... YSR is not even in the same league as HJ this year...

ever heard of Perunthil Nee - Pori ??? listen to that and u will see THERE is better songs than wut u mention above.... get out from the HJ surrounding..... Dhina did an excellent work in that song!!

kamarajc
2nd March 2007, 09:21 AM
Oru Chottu ..kadalum nee
Oru Chottu ..puyalum nee
Brahmithein....
Uyir Kedkum Amudam nee
Emai moodum vizhiyum nee
Yaasithein...

ever heard of Perunthil Nee - Pori ??? listen to that and u will see THERE is better songs than wut u mention above.... get out from the HJ surrounding..... Dhina did an excellent work in that song!!

Excellent Dinesh! Thanks for the pointer!! Just to share some similar stuff with you... some compositions of Kasthooriraja in "Idhu Kaadhal varum paruvam" were btter than ARR's "Parasuram".

sloshed
2nd March 2007, 09:41 AM
Dinesh ...

Oh comon man.. u cant be serious... Perunthil vs Unnale ...
Any wayz.. I happy if perunthil takes up your mp3 space...
"Get out of HJ surrounding" ....

well well well.... I am not in any surrounding rather I can point the finger back to you ... well I just saw you write stuff like "Ghajni had only one super hit song .. how can they call that a super hit album??"... Ghajni had "Oru Malai" as well and the rest werent "rank" bad.... and you went on the call the ever "everybody-satisfying" behindwoods folks as "weirdos"...

And then we have SOK with two super hit songs called as the Album of the year...??? and ARR as the MD of the ear ??now how "surrounding" is that ?? could you please tell me how VV lost out in that category.. I mean how in the world is SOK an overall better albm than VV.. music wise? commercial success? picturization? ...
And tfmpage is OK with that .. becos YSR's bank was almost empty last year.... get over your surrounding dude... I made the comment even after listening to the best YSR song this year so far.. "Pogathey"... I am not in any surrounding....
and I am not going to defend my choice either .... cheers
'

selvakumar
2nd March 2007, 10:05 AM

Beg to differ. Don't think I am going to bash HJ here.

I will rate the lyrics of "June Pona" song better than "Unnale Unnalae". THe POSITIVE FEEL one can get from this song will clearly distinguish this from others.
Ofcourse, I love the lyrics of "Unnale Unnale" song. Not to forget "VAigaasi Nilavae" and "Mudhal Naal"
As I mentioned in the HJ thread, the BIGGEST PLUS OF "Unnale Unnalae" is the lyrics and the soft beats.

Till now, none of the album that got released this year attracted me like this one.

FULL THUMBSUP to HJ !

Sanjeevi
2nd March 2007, 10:28 AM
Oru Chottu ..kadalum nee
Oru Chottu ..puyalum nee
Brahmithein....
Uyir Kedkum Amudam nee
Emai moodum vizhiyum nee
Yaasithein...

yes dinesh, the one and only song i liked a Dhina's song. Definitely a beautiful song. A copy can can beat another copy cat :lol:

Sanjeevi
2nd March 2007, 10:30 AM
Vaigasi nilave song looks like a Deva's song came at mid or late 90s. I am not saying his copied a deva's song but it is deva kind style and stuff

dinesh2002
2nd March 2007, 10:44 AM
Dinesh ...

Oh comon man.. u cant be serious... Perunthil vs Unnale ...
Any wayz.. I happy if perunthil takes up your mp3 space...
"Get out of HJ surrounding" ....

well well well.... I am not in any surrounding rather I can point the finger back to you ... well I just saw you write stuff like "Ghajni had only one super hit song .. how can they call that a super hit album??"... Ghajni had "Oru Malai" as well and the rest werent "rank" bad.... and you went on the call the ever "everybody-satisfying" behindwoods folks as "weirdos"...

And then we have SOK with two super hit songs called as the Album of the year...??? and ARR as the MD of the ear ??now how "surrounding" is that ?? could you please tell me how VV lost out in that category.. I mean how in the world is SOK an overall better albm than VV.. music wise? commercial success? picturization? ...
And tfmpage is OK with that .. becos YSR's bank was almost empty last year.... get over your surrounding dude... I made the comment even after listening to the best YSR song this year so far.. "Pogathey"... I am not in any surrounding....
and I am not going to defend my choice either .... cheers
'

brother...u gotta know the difference between mass & critics.... TFM awards r more of critics award.... im sure u yourself would know the QUALITY difference between SOK & VV .... look who aped New York Nagaram & Mayilirage :lol: u gotta know something... what is a hit, not necessarily quality product & what is quality not necessarily a hit item....

kamaraj..... i salute to ur taste... im not gonna condemn it... but whether u like it or not, Perunthil is infact a good song infact one of the best love duets this year..... yes,from Dhina.... 8-) :lol: :lol:

Sanjeevi, even Deva had excellent love duet in his 90s ... like Nalam Nalam Ariya aaval or Kaalemellam Kadhal Valzghe....

sloshed
2nd March 2007, 10:54 AM
Dinesh ...
Please dont upgrade Tfmpage as critics ... if you cant explain .. dont beat around.... its fine I understand as the moderator mentioned.. its the "fans" and dont tell me all fans are good critics...!!

sloshed
2nd March 2007, 10:57 AM
I am sure of my quality analysis.. and thats why I still cant figure out how an album with
Partha Mudal Naal
Uyrile
Manjal Veyil
Neruppe
Karka Karka...
with none of the songs out of place in the movie...

lost to
Munva Vaa
New York
Maricham
Machakari
Kummi Adi..

No clue boy... stilll .. maybe the critics know...

dinesh2002
2nd March 2007, 12:27 PM
" great analyse " :clap:

kamarajc
2nd March 2007, 04:17 PM

I have all the respect for ARR. But, sometimes I have no better way to tell some ARR fans how painful it is when they compare HJ with Dhina, than to say that I am comparing ARR with Kasthooriraja.

karthik_sa2
2nd March 2007, 04:18 PM
Oru Chottu ..kadalum nee
Oru Chottu ..puyalum nee
Brahmithein....
Uyir Kedkum Amudam nee
Emai moodum vizhiyum nee
Yaasithein...

nobody is talkin about lyrics dude.did u see the title of the thread.

am stressing the point again hj lacks versatality.it is almost the same soft beat styles he has almost every album.not necessary the song becomes hit its a good song.eevn many of deva's copies were hits.its the qyality of music am talikn about dude.can u imagine hj coming up with bgms like kadhjal kondein,7g,pp,paruthiveeran.in songs till now he has shown his prowess in all kinda songs dapankuthu,melody,hip hop,thats what i mean versatality .

btw i felt pogadhey much much better than any song of harris this year.i know u wont agree .there is no point in arging cos everyone has their own taste.just bcos u like unnale unnnal u cant claim it as the best song of this year.

YOu can cry foul all you want... YSR is not even in the same league as HJ this year...

:rotfl: [/quote]

Sanjeevi
2nd March 2007, 04:22 PM
Ysr's + and - is variety

Hj''s + and - is Araicha maava araikurathu

Am i correct?

kamarajc
2nd March 2007, 04:38 PM
Oru Chottu ..kadalum nee
Oru Chottu ..puyalum nee
Brahmithein....
Uyir Kedkum Amudam nee
Emai moodum vizhiyum nee
Yaasithein...

nobody is talkin about lyrics dude.did u see the title of the thread.

am stressing the point again hj lacks versatality.it is almost the same soft beat styles he has almost every album.not necessary the song becomes hit its a good song.eevn many of deva's copies were hits.its the qyality of music am talikn about dude.can u imagine hj coming up with bgms like kadhjal kondein,7g,pp,paruthiveeran.in songs till now he has shown his prowess in all kinda songs dapankuthu,melody,hip hop,thats what i mean versatality .

btw i felt pogadhey much much better than any song of harris this year.i know u wont agree .there is no point in arging cos everyone has their own taste.just bcos u like unnale unnnal u cant claim it as the best song of this year.

YOu can cry foul all you want... YSR is not even in the same league as HJ this year...

:rotfl: [/quote]

I think the most versatile music directors are Dheena, Srikanth Deva, Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Srikanth deva has given all - Dappankuthu, Pop, Melody etc.,

Out of all these three, it is difficult to find the best MD bcos all the three are amazingly versatile. After these 3 people, Devisri Prasad comes close after that. We need to wait and see how Kasthooriraja is performing. Oh, you wanted to hear something bad about HJ, HJ grinds the same dough again and again. He lacks versatility. This is thathuvam # 10018 for this year.

dinesh2002
2nd March 2007, 04:54 PM

I have all the respect for ARR. But, sometimes I have no better way to tell some ARR fans how painful it is when they compare HJ with Dhina, than to say that I am comparing ARR with Kasthooriraja.

u know..there is a very famous term for people like u ...

VAITHERICHAL .... :) 8-)

kamarajc
2nd March 2007, 04:59 PM

Ha.. ha... please... Dhina himself would feel this is too much. Any idea what is Kasthooriraja's next music venture. There is a grape vine rumour that says Dhanush has already convinced his father-in-law to let his dad compose for Rajini's next movie. Rajini had initially thought of having ARR, but finally thought to use the MD in his own household - Kasthooriraja.

dinesh2002
2nd March 2007, 05:07 PM

Ha.. ha... please... Dhina himself would feel this is too much. Any idea what is Kasthooriraja's next music venture. There is a grape vine rumour that says Dhanush has already convinced his father-in-law to let his dad compose for Rajini's next movie. Rajini had initially thought of having ARR, but finally thought to use the MD in his own household - Kasthooriraja.

yea...and yea,did u know they insist on having theni kunjalama as the heroine??? its gonna be rocking dude... a dream come true for u isnt it :)..... ur fav md...Kastooriraja & fav actress Theani kunjalama... wow... a double treat for u.... im glad...

karthik_sa2
2nd March 2007, 05:28 PM
I think the most versatile music directors are Dheena, Srikanth Deva, Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Out of all these three, it is difficult to find the best MD bcos all the three are amazingly versatile. After these 3 people, Devisri Prasad comes close after that. We need to wait and see how Kasthooriraja is performing. Oh, you wanted to hear something bad about HJ, HJ grinds the same dough again and again. He lacks versatility. This is thathuvam # 10018 for this year.

it is now obvious that u don know what is veratality and music.u r getting angry so u r trying to bring yuvan down rather than lifting ur fav md :notthatway:

BTW what is thathuvam # 10018 for this year?were all the 10017 thathuvams posted by u??

kamarajc
2nd March 2007, 05:50 PM

it is now obvious that u don know what is veratality and music.u r getting angry so u r trying to bring yuvan down rather than lifting ur fav md :notthatway:

BTW what is thathuvam # 10018 for this year?were all the 10017 thathuvams posted by u??

Well, I read through all your posts this year and I found there were 10017 thathuvams (not posts), out of which 934 were on versatility. Come on yar, how can I know versatility when I am not a blind fan of YSR.

karthik_sa2
2nd March 2007, 06:16 PM
Well, I read through all your posts this year and I found there were 10017 thathuvams (not posts), out of which 934 were on versatility. Come on yar, how can I know versatility when I am not a blind fan of YSR.

i am glad u went thru all my posts and regarded them as thathuvams.out of my 934 posts on versatality it is pity that still u and ur md doesn know the meaning of it.

sloshed
2nd March 2007, 09:33 PM
Karthick...

I didnt want to repeat this.. but dont u think versality is often a "poorly-misunderstood" word... An MD is not the captain of the ship... he makes sure he helps the narrative and off course bring the crowds in with the songs.... Moives like hey ram or chiraichalai goes to IR because they feel that only he justice to them .....
So what is versatility ? .. ability to compose kuthu songs.. carnatic.. melody ? .. who says anybody cant ???
So far given the opporutnites HJ has had I think he has done enough justice to them ...
Wasnt Anniyan as versatile as you can get ???
Carnatic.. melody ... folk..disco ??

the only thinkl HJ hasnt done like YSR .. is village based themes... it took a brave director like BR to introduce IR into city based themes... it also took the same BR to introduce ARR into village based themes when the whole world was conspiring againt ARR that he can only do city love stories...
YSR is good.. damn good.. no denying that .. but he just isnt consistent.. RAM was an eye opener to what this guy can do ... And just because one is scoring on a village based theme and city based themes.. no conlcusion can be based on versatility ... we all know what happened with "Pop corn" ... what was it ???
Someday somebody will entrust HJ with a village based story ..lets see how he comes out with that one...

An MD can only provide what the director wants... or the film needs.. if the movie is about "Boys" even ARR cant be versatile in the movie...

HJ lacking quality ..using soft beat style.. blah blah ... we have heard that one before... So I am not going to commenet on that .. HJ is establishing a style of his own and do it consistently ... Unnale Unnale and PKMC... is the best among the rest... Its not that I am not exposed to others...I visit ur site frequently to get updates ont he best songs out there.. I am pretty impressed with your collection ...

viraajan
3rd March 2007, 10:20 AM
hi guys,

has anybody listeded to songs of chennai-28.
i listened to two songs "yaaro" by spb and "un paarvai" by vijay yesudhas.

these two will be one of the biggest hits of this year. un paarvai is just enthralling like kadhal vaithu...

listen to those songs.

dont miss.

yuvan is in fine form now.

karthik_sa2
3rd March 2007, 07:52 PM
Karthick...

I didnt want to repeat this.. but dont u think versality is often a "poorly-misunderstood" word... An MD is not the captain of the ship... he makes sure he helps the narrative and off course bring the crowds in with the songs.... Moives like hey ram or chiraichalai goes to IR because they feel that only he justice to them .....
So what is versatility ? .. ability to compose kuthu songs.. carnatic.. melody ? .. who says anybody cant ???
So far given the opporutnites HJ has had I think he has done enough justice to them ...
Wasnt Anniyan as versatile as you can get ???
Carnatic.. melody ... folk..disco ??

the only thinkl HJ hasnt done like YSR .. is village based themes... it took a brave director like BR to introduce IR into city based themes... it also took the same BR to introduce ARR into village based themes when the whole world was conspiring againt ARR that he can only do city love stories...
YSR is good.. damn good.. no denying that .. but he just isnt consistent.. RAM was an eye opener to what this guy can do ... And just because one is scoring on a village based theme and city based themes.. no conlcusion can be based on versatility ... we all know what happened with "Pop corn" ... what was it ???
Someday somebody will entrust HJ with a village based story ..lets see how he comes out with that one...

An MD can only provide what the director wants... or the film needs.. if the movie is about "Boys" even ARR cant be versatile in the movie...

HJ lacking quality ..using soft beat style.. blah blah ... we have heard that one before... So I am not going to commenet on that .. HJ is establishing a style of his own and do it consistently ... Unnale Unnale and PKMC... is the best among the rest... Its not that I am not exposed to others...I visit ur site frequently to get updates ont he best songs out there.. I am pretty impressed with your collection ...

sloshed
i never meant versatality in the sense composing kuthu,melody and all.as u said anybody can do. but doing proper justice to them.i felt or rather it was proved that yuvan succeeded in all kinds of music.did ever harris come out with songs like "naeruppu kooth adikudhu",varriya, or even the song "ungpanaanae"<though not a hit> proper kuthu,as u said village based themes no director approached him cos they also thought he is stereo typed and not fit for village based themes considering all his previos attempts.the only thing he is good at is soft based melody kinda music.maybe thats what he thinks!!but i feel he is getting too repetative in orechestration and arrangement in that too<soft melodies>let him first come out of rhythm pad kinda stuff. u think the director wont accept or wont suit the film if he tries to experiment in films likee unnalae and pkmc with different orchestration and arrangemt.he doesn want to.. i liked his minnale,kaaka kaaka anniyan.but these r the only three films he showed some variety.he should try to think beyond .just cos the audio becomes hit he cant go with the same style for a long time.he will then be branded as a stereo typed md and no director except gowtam will dare to give him different kinda projects like village based themes or anything new.thhis willnot enable him sustain in industry.u know what happened to s.a rajkumar.harris is farr far superior to s.a rajkumar but becoming as stereo typed as rajkumar

july
5th March 2007, 11:18 AM
hi guys,

these two will be one of the biggest hits of this year. un paarvai is just enthralling like kadhal vaithu...

listen to those songs.

dont miss.

YES!!!!
both are my in fvourite list!
super song 8-)

Sanjeevi
5th March 2007, 11:26 AM
hi guys,

listen to those songs.

dont miss.

YES!!!!
both are my in fvourite list!
super song 8-)

Un paarvai song is very energetic one. I simply loved it

kamarajc
5th March 2007, 01:38 PM
Undoubtedly a great stuff from Yuvan. This album witnesses the Yuvan that ordinary musical fans like me have been looking for. If not for anything else, Venkatprabhu deserves to be praised for getting some good music to our ears from his cousin.

Personally, I am spell-bound by the wonderful work on both the versions of Yaaro. If one is vintage stuff with the veterans (Chitra sings for YSR for the first time), the other one is energy-filled with the promising ones (Charan and Venkatprabhu). Having waited for this album for quite some time, I guess YSR has spent some judicious time on this project. I feel sorry for this guy only for the lack of consistency (I dont have any issues, if some one wants to see that being versatile - Oh no, Manirathnam need not be versatile by making a Perarasu movie). After making an attempt for argentine tango stuff in AIBI, YSR has now attempted for REAL hip-hop stuff. Adorable, to say the least. Man.. give us more such work. I dont have any issues in you working with Tharun Gopi's and Hari's, but as long as you are in an industry that has Priyas, Vijay Miltons, Ameers and Vishnuvardhans waiting to work with you.. dont do any damn thing to deliver goods like Thamirabarani, Thimiru etc., - We have D Imman or atleast Srikanth Deva just for that.

karthik_sa2
7th March 2007, 04:55 PM
Undoubtedly a great stuff from Yuvan. This album witnesses the Yuvan that ordinary musical fans like me have been looking for. If not for anything else, Venkatprabhu deserves to be praised for getting some good music to our ears from his cousin.

Personally, I am spell-bound by the wonderful work on both the versions of Yaaro. If one is vintage stuff with the veterans (Chitra sings for YSR for the first time), the other one is energy-filled with the promising ones (Charan and Venkatprabhu). Having waited for this album for quite some time, I guess YSR has spent some judicious time on this project. I feel sorry for this guy only for the lack of consistency (I dont have any issues, if some one wants to see that being versatile - Oh no, Manirathnam need not be versatile by making a Perarasu movie). After making an attempt for argentine tango stuff in AIBI, YSR has now attempted for REAL hip-hop stuff. Adorable, to say the least. Man.. give us more such work. I dont have any issues in you working with Tharun Gopi's and Hari's, but as long as you are in an industry that has Priyas, Vijay Miltons, Ameers and Vishnuvardhans waiting to work with you.. dont do any damn thing to deliver goods like Thamirabarani, Thimiru etc., - We have D Imman or atleast Srikanth Deva just for that.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :omg: :D

karthik_sa2
7th March 2007, 05:59 PM
(I dont have any issues, if some one wants to see that being versatile - Oh no, Manirathnam need not be versatile by making a Perarasu movie). :lol:i know that was on me
i liked thaamira,thimiru also man and u didn doesn mean he is not consistent.a md should satisfy all kinds of audiences.sure u liked 600 028 and am sure many others would have liked thaamira,thimiru.see thats y u need versa...

hariprasadb23
8th March 2007, 02:02 PM
many posts have discussed hj 's luck of getting big budget movies,big stars and huge publicity.
i am going to discuss difference part in another way.
yuvan has experimented in many songs.
eno kangal - fast male voice and soothing female voice

vallava = two different shades of female

kathal seithal pavam frm mounam pesiyathe
many songs are there

selvakumar
8th March 2007, 02:51 PM
many posts have discussed hj 's luck of getting big budget movies,big stars and huge publicity.
i am going to discuss difference part in another way.
yuvan has experimented in many songs.
eno kangal - fast male voice and soothing female voice

vallava = two different shades of female

kathal seithal pavam frm mounam pesiyathe
many songs are there

Which song? I hope it is not "Yemmadi Aathaadi" please :cry: I agree with your third one. :)

karthik_sa2
8th March 2007, 03:51 PM
Which song? I hope it is not "Yemmadi Aathaadi" please I agree with your third one.

"yemmadi aathaadi" also selva.its a different experiment. first time yuvan has made a karadi sing :lol:

selvakumar
8th March 2007, 04:36 PM
Which song? I hope it is not "Yemmadi Aathaadi" please I agree with your third one.

"yemmadi aathaadi" also selva.its a different experiment. first time yuvan has made a karadi sing :lol:

:rotfl: :thumbsup: :lol:

thineshan54321
4th April 2007, 03:21 AM
SIVAJI IS AMAZING!!!! :lol:
:lol: dinesh, i am just doing what some of these hj and ysr fans do in our forums. Hope u guys listened to sivaji, please dont let ur arrogance make u miss truly remarkable songs! :roll: Have fun guys, cheers

kb
4th April 2007, 04:43 AM
BGM wise..

YUVAN wins hands DOWN..
HJ is getting noisy :?

Variety wise Yuvan wins ..

problem with Yuvan is he is not popular among female fans and melody lovers.

though HJ is repetitive he is getting at least one song in the whole album which reaches so effectively. he is lucky too to get thamarai and bombay jeyshree by his side.. movie becomes huge hit too
lets See his famous hits..
1) vaseegara from minnale(sexy lyrics and picturization)
2) uyirin uyirae from kaakakaaka
3) kalyanamthaan kattikittu odipolaama from saamy
4) karka karka and paartha muthal naale from VV
5)karukaru vizhigalaal from PKMC (but it didnt get popular)

these all are of different genre.. but he is not taking different instruments.. thats all.

one of the adv of HJ is he is not singing :wink: yuvan spoils his on songs which would have been super if some other singer had done it.

i would say.. YUVAN is better than HJ as of now..
but the REACH of HJ is far far more than yuvan :roll: confusing-a irruku illa.. enakum thaan :oops:

A.ANAND
4th April 2007, 08:54 AM
yuvan,hj pattiye discuss pannarame,oru change'kku yen d.imman patti pesakudathu.ennakku ennavo yuvan vida d.imman romba nalla pannratha theriyuthu.all his curent movie songs ellam like thiruvlayadal,vathiyar,lee,thalainagaram ellam romba kalakkala vanthirukku!!!i think no1.md in tfm now innu sollavarala but will happen soon.

muzammil_fr
10th April 2007, 09:37 PM
Unfortunately this manavar desam topic locked to reply, ok let's continue here

Thimuru
"
muzammil_fr wrote:
Ya As ur view, Arr atleast try International and become very Famous
see only this one, about "Paadal Thevathai" u know what is power of ARR.
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2945/02eb1.jpg
But Our Mega Thundar Raja, i never see goos response at BO, as u talk more about BO, no one his movies hit at BO in my mind expect Aridhum Ariyamal i think.

even the recent pv is a super hit!..are u in moon"

i am totaly agree with u thimura
MTR (Mega thundar raja) give lot hits
here the list
Mounam Pesiyathy
Raam
PArithee Veran
7 G R C
Manmathan
Vallavan ( Musicaly Hit)
Arinthum Ariyamal
Pattiyal
Kadhal Konden
and few mores

But i told that message only in the view of Mr . Aamai, avarthaane ARR Movies 2000-thukku piraku vanthuthu ellam Flop akivittathu enru sonnare athuku thaan ippadi oru answer

ok let's proove The A.R.Rahman After 2000
Hit Movies
1. AP Musicaly and Movie biggest hit
2. KK (Musicaly Hit)
3. Rytham (Running for only Music)
4. Thennali - Super duper Hit
5. KM (Hit, get 6 Natinal Awards)
6. Lagaan (Super Hit All whole world, went untill Oscar)
7. Boys (Super Hit, mainly music hit, movie hit everywhere but expect in TN so floped)
8. TLOBS (Musicaly Hit)
9. Bose - ( Musicaly Hit)
10 . u 20 e 18 (Musicaly Hit)
11. Ayutha Eluthu ( Musicaly Hit, but movie one of my best movie, is floped in TN and BW)
12. New - Hit
13. GF - Hit
14. Sok - Hit
15. RDB - Hit
16. Water - Hit (Went Untill Oscar)
17. Sivaji (Till Now music Rock :)
18. Bombay Dreams( IT's this one make ARR as Mozert of Asia)

1. Star - Flop
2. Parthale Paravasam - Flop
3. KAdhal Virus (Flop)
4, Udaya (Flop)
5. Parasuram ( Flop)
6. Ah Aah - Flop
7. Tahzeeb - Flop

So Guys Most of ARR albem Hit after 2000, and get popular Worldwide so fastly only after 2000

Aanal Namma Mega Thundar Raja, he don't move From Tamil and Telungu, Otkantha idathil irunthu maavu (aracha maavai ) arachikki kittu irukiraar, Avarayum namma ARR compare panninal Naayama
Apparam MTR was done a movie called "Agaram" hahahha go and watch the movies guys ellame rock-a irukuthu

Let me tell u guys, Actuelly i like YSR music, he too doing good music and bad music, he is 3rd place in my faverite mds list, Aanal namma Mr. Aamai mathuri Fans iruntha , YSR Will be never faverites to all the people.

MrJudge
11th April 2007, 10:49 AM
muzammil_fr;

Kanna, ippadiye athu musically hit ithu musically hit-nnu solli kaalaththa ottunga. kadaisila thundu vangurathu producers thaan, nee illai naan illai. Appruam London-la mozart-nnu sonnaha, africa-la beethovennu sonnahannu solli kitte irunga. kadaisila thiruppi kuppa kotta inge vanthachchu, don't know what happened to the so called International projects and the saying 'naan romma bisssy' :)

muzammil_fr
11th April 2007, 11:36 AM
my time was totaly wasted
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:.

Nangalavathu solluram, Aanal neengal sollamale poividivinga
Hahahha. it's seems clearly it's biggest Anti-ARR fan. what i can do man, with ur comment no one will hate ARR.

A.ANAND
11th April 2007, 12:04 PM
mrjudge arr hc fanthan chumma nadikirraru!!sarithane mrjudge :lol:

muzammil_fr
11th April 2007, 07:05 PM
Hahaha but this nadippu will win sivaji kamal nadippu i think, he acting so much.

rsubras
13th April 2007, 12:06 PM
muzammil........ judge carries a grudge against ARR fans, thatz why he vigorously spits venom against ARR thinking that wud hurt us all badly.... in a way he feels this as a revenge for all the comments he has heard from ARR fans against ilaiyaraja (nyayamana and aniyayamana comments) in the late 90's and early 2000.... infact he does this all in the name of being a YSR fan but in reality he is a HCIR fan who could not still digest the success of ARR.... all his messages here are coz of the hatred he has against ARR and more importantly TFM forum's ARR fans..

dinesh2002
13th April 2007, 03:30 PM
muzammil........ judge carries a grudge against ARR fans, thatz why he vigorously spits venom against ARR thinking that wud hurt us all badly.... in a way he feels this as a revenge for all the comments he has heard from ARR fans against ilaiyaraja (nyayamana and aniyayamana comments) in the late 90's and early 2000.... infact he does this all in the name of being a YSR fan but in reality he is a HCIR fan who could not still digest the success of ARR.... all his messages here are coz of the hatred he has against ARR and more importantly TFM forum's ARR fans..

:lol: :lol: hating ARR enna varapothe... realy funny dude la that machi .... i read his comment i never fail to laugh...becoz its more of non-sense that sense ..... :twisted:

rayan36
13th April 2007, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately this manavar desam topic locked to reply, ok let's continue here

Thimuru
"
muzammil_fr wrote:
Ya As ur view, Arr atleast try International and become very Famous
see only this one, about "Paadal Thevathai" u know what is power of ARR.
But Our Mega Thundar Raja, i never see goos response at BO, as u talk more about BO, no one his movies hit at BO in my mind expect Aridhum Ariyamal i think.

even the recent pv is a super hit!..are u in moon"

i am totaly agree with u thimura
MTR (Mega thundar raja) give lot hits
here the list
Mounam Pesiyathy
Raam
PArithee Veran
7 G R C
Manmathan
Vallavan ( Musicaly Hit)
Arinthum Ariyamal
Pattiyal
Kadhal Konden
and few mores

But i told that message only in the view of Mr . Aamai, avarthaane ARR Movies 2000-thukku piraku vanthuthu ellam Flop akivittathu enru sonnare athuku thaan ippadi oru answer

ok let's proove The A.R.Rahman After 2000
Hit Movies
1. AP Musicaly and Movie biggest hit
2. KK (Musicaly Hit)
3. Rytham (Running for only Music)
4. Thennali - Super duper Hit
5. KM (Hit, get 6 Natinal Awards)
6. Lagaan (Super Hit All whole world, went untill Oscar)
7. Boys (Super Hit, mainly music hit, movie hit everywhere but expect in TN so floped)
8. TLOBS (Musicaly Hit)
9. Bose - ( Musicaly Hit)
10 . u 20 e 18 (Musicaly Hit)
11. Ayutha Eluthu ( Musicaly Hit, but movie one of my best movie, is floped in TN and BW)
12. New - Hit
13. GF - Hit
14. Sok - Hit
15. RDB - Hit
16. Water - Hit (Went Untill Oscar)
17. Sivaji (Till Now music Rock :)
18. Bombay Dreams( IT's this one make ARR as Mozert of Asia)

1. Star - Flop
2. Parthale Paravasam - Flop
3. KAdhal Virus (Flop)
4, Udaya (Flop)
5. Parasuram ( Flop)
6. Ah Aah - Flop
7. Tahzeeb - Flop

So Guys Most of ARR albem Hit after 2000, and get popular Worldwide so fastly only after 2000

Aanal Namma Mega Thundar Raja, he don't move From Tamil and Telungu, Otkantha idathil irunthu maavu (aracha maavai ) arachikki kittu irukiraar, Avarayum namma ARR compare panninal Naayama
Apparam MTR was done a movie called "Agaram" hahahha go and watch the movies guys ellame rock-a irukuthu

Let me tell u guys, Actuelly i like YSR music, he too doing good music and bad music, he is 3rd place in my faverite mds list, Aanal namma Mr. Aamai mathuri Fans iruntha , YSR Will be never faverites to all the people.

Suparb analysis muzammil, futurela useagum :thumbsup: i will foward this msg to my friends

muzammil_fr
13th April 2007, 11:33 PM
Rayan, did u read the vikadan news about "Azhaku Thevathai"
u see what is the power of ARR, u can understand from this article.

muzammil_fr
13th April 2007, 11:36 PM
can u translate for dinesh, it will be good rayan.

rayan36
14th April 2007, 10:26 PM
Rayan, did u read the vikadan news about "Azhaku Thevathai"
u see what is the power of ARR, u can understand from this article.

Oh, not yet, but will look through, & try to translate it :wink:

rayan36
15th April 2007, 08:37 PM
[tscii:34f7e79d99]
"Paadal Thevathai" power of ARR.

“Rahman is my god of music,” said Alma Ferovic, originally from Bosnia. Vikadhan asked Alma if she knows Tamil, she paused for a while & started singing…”Konjam Nilavu, Konjam Nerupu, Ondraghe Serthal Yenthan Nenjam”. She said ARR was famous now in Bosnia, & ARR is a musical gift from God. From march 23rd onwards, LOTR will be premiered in Toronto, Canada. I’m very honored to be in this project”, said Alma[/tscii:34f7e79d99]

ajaybaskar
19th April 2007, 01:04 PM
This thread is YSR Vs HJ.

Y u guys compare kids with the GOD?

Sanjeevi
20th April 2007, 05:38 PM
Looks like a hard fight betwen ARR vs HJ vs YSR in Telugu

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/telugu/100/

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/telugu/2737/

karthik_sa2
25th April 2007, 02:30 PM
that "june ponal song" from unnalle unnale is absolute bull shit copy of "all rise".how the hell its becoming a hit.another song is also a copy from same album na nanana na"it jus cos of the bull shit female lovers of hj these songs becomes hit.

karthik_sa2
25th April 2007, 02:36 PM
problem with Yuvan is he is not popular among female fans

very true :banghead:

Flavia
26th April 2007, 07:02 AM
HJ is better comparing to YSR. I like his songs as they carry ARR's shade. Also like ARR, he gives variety with class. I don't care about whether the tunes are copied or not as longs as they are good to hear. :smile:

thamizhvaanan
26th April 2007, 07:14 AM
YSR is actually better than HJ. Some of his songs are so gud that it would make any MD proud :roll: . HJ is a single dimensional musician. His songs either meanders or gallops in top gear. Not a great deal of ingenuity within a song.

Having said that, I liked his performance in Unnaley unnaley. BGM was surprisingly gud at most of the points, eventhough at some places he was either too loud or he forgot abt something called timing altogether. But still.. One of his better works. :thumbsup:

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 05:41 PM
HJ is better comparing to YSR. I like his songs as they carry ARR's shade. Also like ARR, he gives variety with class. I don't care about whether the tunes are copied or not as longs as they are good to hear. :smile:

So, In your view, HJ must be 100 times better than ARR as of now ! :P

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 07:00 PM

So, In your view, HJ must be 100 times better than ARR as of now ! :P

:roll: enna solla vareenga??

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 07:04 PM

copy adichallum nalla paatu thaanae appadi endru Flavia sonnathaala, HJ - ARR ah vida ippo better apadinnu thaanae artham :roll: since he gives good music consistently nowadays :)

( Don't take this as myopinion.. but as my interpretation from her post) :)

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 07:12 PM

copy adichallum nalla paatu thaanae appadi endru Flavia sonnathaala, HJ - ARR ah vida ippo better apadinnu thaanae artham :roll: since he gives good music consistently nowadays :)

( Don't take this as myopinion.. but as my interpretation from her post) :)

copy adichaalum HJ, ARR-oda kammi quality dhaan.....idhula doubt-ae illa.......... :D ......

yea, he has more commercial success than ARR in the past few years, but its like saying Dhoni is 100 times better batsman than Sachin bcos he has scored more runs than Sachin in the past 2 years..... :lol2: ........

ARR has already been no.1 in tamil for a long time (commercial no.1)........now, its betn HJ and YSR for that no.1 spot..........idhula ARR-a count pannuradhu madathhanam(be it ARR fan or anyone)........yaen vitta IR,MSV have given less hits than HJ-nnu solli mattam thattuveenga pola :rotfl:

xml
7th May 2007, 08:10 PM
HJ is doing fine. No doubt.
But in TFM After IR YSR is the only MD who can make out the exact nature of the movie through his music.

Just examples.
Ram : from the songs we can understad it is a thriller movie and the location of picturisation in the hills atmosphere.
April madathil : A complete college youthful movie with a love story.
Pattiyal: The music can tell it is a violence movie.

YSR will not compose a movie just to be catchy for the youths.

When I listerned paruthiveeran songs I was not much impressed. But after seeing the movie it is my bestr album.

Here is the drawback with HJ and other MD's. They always prefer to deliver catchy music for youths with hify musical instrument with variety of composition. No matter what kind of movie it is. They want songs should be hit.

Recent example HJ's Pachai kili muthuchaaram songs are excellent songs. When I listerned I thought it must be a youthful move.Some of the songs are typical college student type songs. With such dream I saw the movie and it was a huge disappointment. It was just a violence and suspense movie. After seeing the movie I lost interest listerning PKMC songs. The wrong composition may be the reason.

YSR is the only MD who makes a perfect composing for a movie in TFM.

dinesh2002
8th May 2007, 08:49 AM
But in TFM After IR YSR is the only MD who can make out the exact nature of the movie through his music.

Just examples.
Ram : from the songs we can understad it is a thriller movie and the location of picturisation in the hills atmosphere.

When I listerned paruthiveeran songs I was not much impressed. But after seeing the movie it is my bestr album.

Here is the drawback with HJ and other MD's. They always prefer to deliver catchy music for youths with hify musical instrument with variety of composition. No matter what kind of movie it is. They want songs should be hit.

Recent example HJ's Pachai kili muthuchaaram songs are excellent songs. When I listerned I thought it must be a youthful move.Some of the songs are typical college student type songs. With such dream I saw the movie and it was a huge disappointment. It was just a violence and suspense movie. After seeing the movie I lost interest listerning PKMC songs. The wrong composition may be the reason.

:lol: :rotfl: :lol2: :rotfl2: :poke: :rotfl: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sanjeevi
8th May 2007, 10:58 AM

Just examples.

:clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Well said xml :)

MrJudge
8th May 2007, 01:09 PM
xml,

Yes, I agree with you. That is the problem with these guys. If given a choice between delivering a hit album or an album gels with actors on screen, they always go for the former. Because how well you justify using Udit for Rajini and Robby for Sarath. Or if they feel this song will be a hit if only sung by Udit/Robby, why can't they reserve it to some other movie with Prabhu deva alike and compose a new one for Rajini/Sarath???? Tune-kku avlo panjama??

V26A Vince
3rd March 2012, 10:22 AM
Hj is playing rolling games with same tunes. Same instruments, same feelings, same beat, same style even if it is not suites for certain story... Most of his song are 90's pop guitar & pop ballad beats. Even hj's song becomes massive hits, it is boring to listen his songs more than 10 times. Not evergreen at all! I mean his musical thought is limited!

But yuvan's songs are different for all his movies. He will never do repeat a his massive hits tune again. En kadhal solle song from paiya was a massive huge hit song. But he never repeat that tune or that song's style. Hj's sutrum vizhi chudarae from ghajini was a massive hit too but he repeated the tune & the style in vettaiyadu vilayadu's paartha mudhal naal and failed make big impact.
Yuvan's songs are experimental. He has no limit in giving variety of hits.

As a composer i know their style and i'm sure that yuvan can do even better music for all the major films that was well composed by hj. But can hj do the same like yuvan in films like
1. Raam
2. Nandha
3. 7g rainbow colony
4. Parutthi veeran
5. Sattham podathey
6. Sarvam
7. Yaradi nee mohini
8. Mangkatha
9. Aegan
10. Deepavali
11. Paiya
12. Chennai 28

i dont think so... So my vote is for yuvan.

V26A Vince
3rd March 2012, 10:25 AM
Even gv prakash is much better than hj

VinodKumar's
3rd March 2012, 10:29 AM
Arasan andru kolvaan Deivam nidnru kollum ...

abhiveeru
3rd March 2012, 10:41 AM
hj is ahead of ysr in all department.song,bgm,humming,etc,iam not a hater of ysr but hj is super.his film makes him speak sounder.1.minnalae,2.unnalae unnalae.3.dhamdhoom4.ayan,5.adhavan,6.nanban,7.ann iyan,8.7amarivu,9.gajini,10.varanam ayiram,11.kakha kakha.etc