Pages : 1 [2] 3

A.ANAND
21st November 2008, 06:59 AM
who is doing nayan role??

Jiah khan..
amchad khan daughter-ra! :roll:

rayan36
21st November 2008, 07:55 AM
latoo is so superb guys....but why kaise mujhe is soo slow :( ...waiting for the full version of bekha

dinesh2002
21st November 2008, 08:20 AM
latoo is so superb guys....but why kaise mujhe is soo slow :( ...waiting for the full version of bekha

exactly..... im sure Anand too loves it ... :D

Kaise Mujhe is the "Suttum Vizhi" huh....

Guzharish should be Rangola i think....

OTOH, Kaise Mujhe instrumental is MIND BLOWING...im very sure ARR uses this as a BGM in the film.... esp for the Amir's memory about Asin... :D

Bekha song too is amazing.... damn, imagine that 15 secs sound so good, how would the whole song sounds like...

QUICKLY SOME1 RELEASE THE ALBUM!!!! :D

prabakarramalingam
21st November 2008, 09:14 AM
URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/106165

The combination of A.R. Rahman and Prasoon Joshi has come again after Rang De Basanti in Ghajini. hajini's soundtrack is totally different from Rahman's previous soundtrack Yuvvraaj. This soundtrack may not click instantly like Rahman's Jaane...tu ya jaane na, it grows on you
like slow poison. Here is my review on all the tracks of this album -

*Guzarish* - A love sng with nice music, good vocals but not that greaIts good to hear Javed Ali's melodious voice with Rahman's great music again after Jashn-EBahara & Tu Muskura. The elements that take away all my appreciation in he song are the fuest humming vocals by Sonu Nigam and the wonderful instrumentation done in the fuidance of
Rahman. The lyrics give the song a typical bollywood style look. Overall I liked the song and I would rate it 3.5 out of 5.

*Aye Bachchoo* - This song has beats, it has style and its full of attitude. Its quite intresting to hear such a song composed by Rahmanb. I feel Suzanne has done full justice to the song. The lyrics are a bit mix of Hindi and English but it goes with the song well. I would rate this song 3 out of 5.

*Kaise Mujhe* - The song may sound oridnary at first but it slowly grows on you. After Tu Meri Dost Hai from Yuvvraaj we again get to hear Benny Dayal and Shreya Ghosal singing together in this song. The song sounds to be the love theme song of the couple in the movie. The music slowly grows on you, its lovely he aring Shreya sing the female part in her soft voice. Benny Dayal is also good but I personally feel
he could have been a little bit more softer at some parts which could make the song even more soulful. I am kind of confused when it comes to rating this song as I still feel I should hear this track a few more times and then decide but for now I will rate it 3.5 out of 5.

*Behka* - This is not my personal pick from thealbum. Its a song where they have tried to fit in a cool kind of attitude and feel. The vocals by Karthik are okaya and so are the lyrics. I find this song average amongst all the songs in the album s I won't prefer rating this song
currently.

*Latto Latto* - Its a peppy and hip hop number. Its intresting to hear Shreya Ghoshal sing such a song. Shreya was known for her soft songs but I guess after this track things may change for her. Its one of Rahman's experiment which has come out pretty well. It has peppy beats
and a funky tune. I would rate this song 3.5 out of 5.

Overall I would rate this albufffffffffffffffffffffffffff*Kaise Mujhe
- Instrumental* - I have already mentioned about the song, the instrumental version is good as well. The use of guitar reminds me of Rahman's Meherbaan Instrumental from Ada. If one liked the song, he/she will also like the instumental version. I would rate this track 3.5 out of 5.

My views and ratings may change in future as its only been a few days that I have been hearin the soundtrack. Overall I would rate this album 3.5 out of 5. Its surely worth buying the soundtrack.

Cheers!

Nishant Garg
Upcoming Website - www.arrahmanhome.com

Note - The Orignal Soundtrack will be out on the 22nd of November probably. I had an exclusive copy before the music release through a close contact in the music company.

prasana84
21st November 2008, 09:57 AM
Already tu guzarish has became an instant hit. which deosnt happen with all arr songs.

dinesh2002
21st November 2008, 11:14 AM
URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/106165

The combination of A.R. Rahman and Prasoon Joshi has come again after Rang De Basanti in Ghajini. hajini's soundtrack is totally different from Rahman's previous soundtrack Yuvvraaj. This soundtrack may not click instantly like Rahman's Jaane...tu ya jaane na, it grows on you
like slow poison. Here is my review on all the tracks of this album -

*Guzarish* - A love sng with nice music, good vocals but not that greaIts good to hear Javed Ali's melodious voice with Rahman's great music again after Jashn-EBahara & Tu Muskura. The elements that take away all my appreciation in he song are the fuest humming vocals by Sonu Nigam and the wonderful instrumentation done in the fuidance of
Rahman. The lyrics give the song a typical bollywood style look. Overall I liked the song and I would rate it 3.5 out of 5.

*Aye Bachchoo* - This song has beats, it has style and its full of attitude. Its quite intresting to hear such a song composed by Rahmanb. I feel Suzanne has done full justice to the song. The lyrics are a bit mix of Hindi and English but it goes with the song well. I would rate this song 3 out of 5.

*Kaise Mujhe* - The song may sound oridnary at first but it slowly grows on you. After Tu Meri Dost Hai from Yuvvraaj we again get to hear Benny Dayal and Shreya Ghosal singing together in this song. The song sounds to be the love theme song of the couple in the movie. The music slowly grows on you, its lovely he aring Shreya sing the female part in her soft voice. Benny Dayal is also good but I personally feel
he could have been a little bit more softer at some parts which could make the song even more soulful. I am kind of confused when it comes to rating this song as I still feel I should hear this track a few more times and then decide but for now I will rate it 3.5 out of 5.

*Behka* - This is not my personal pick from thealbum. Its a song where they have tried to fit in a cool kind of attitude and feel. The vocals by Karthik are okaya and so are the lyrics. I find this song average amongst all the songs in the album s I won't prefer rating this song
currently.

*Latto Latto* - Its a peppy and hip hop number. Its intresting to hear Shreya Ghoshal sing such a song. Shreya was known for her soft songs but I guess after this track things may change for her. Its one of Rahman's experiment which has come out pretty well. It has peppy beats
and a funky tune. I would rate this song 3.5 out of 5.

Overall I would rate this albufffffffffffffffffffffffffff*Kaise Mujhe
- Instrumental* - I have already mentioned about the song, the instrumental version is good as well. The use of guitar reminds me of Rahman's Meherbaan Instrumental from Ada. If one liked the song, he/she will also like the instumental version. I would rate this track 3.5 out of 5.

My views and ratings may change in future as its only been a few days that I have been hearin the soundtrack. Overall I would rate this album 3.5 out of 5. Its surely worth buying the soundtrack.

Cheers!

Nishant Garg
Upcoming Website - www.arrahmanhome.com

Note - The Orignal Soundtrack will be out on the 22nd of November probably. I had an exclusive copy before the music release through a close contact in the music company.

cool.....awaiting for it....

Guess_Me
21st November 2008, 04:45 PM
Ghajini Audio up for pre-order at T-Series Webstore (http://webstore.tseries.com/product_details.php?type=acd&pid=4085). Price Rs.160. Placed my order.

prasana84
21st November 2008, 05:01 PM
Ghajini Audio up for pre-order at T-Series Webstore (http://webstore.tseries.com/product_details.php?type=acd&pid=4085). Price Rs.160. Placed my order.
when is the release?

dinesh2002
21st November 2008, 06:06 PM
Ghajini - Behka Trailer..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Ni-9n1UDE

prasana84
21st November 2008, 07:18 PM
Ghajini - Behka Trailer..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Ni-9n1UDE
Eventhough i cant understand anything(low quality) now i hav some confidence for this song. Aye bacho(x-machi), latoo(rahatulla, i guess) are really rocking. kaise mujhe is also good but too slow for this movie. waitin for the full audio.

SoftSword
21st November 2008, 07:29 PM
Behka... good quality.. 1min

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/VbymSW43/3/Bekha-Ghajini.html

Guess_Me
21st November 2008, 07:45 PM
when is the release?
Shortly after I placed the order at T-Series website, I got an email from them saying the audio is 'out now'. Also someone at ARR Yahoo Group mentioned a friend of him might get the audio today evening.

So I am hoping the audio will be out tomorrow and that T-Series will dispatch my order on the same day.

prasana84
21st November 2008, 08:03 PM
when is the release?
Shortly after I placed the order at T-Series website, I got an email from them saying the audio is 'out now'. Also someone at ARR Yahoo Group mentioned a friend of him might get the audio today evening.

So I am hoping the audio will be out tomorrow and that T-Series will dispatch my order on the same day.
:yes: :cool2: :boo: :redjump: :bluejump:

Guess_Me
22nd November 2008, 08:57 AM

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/VbymSW43/3/Bekha-Ghajini.html
If Behka is equivalent to Oru Malai from tamil Ghajini, then I hate to say this but the tamil song is a lot better than the hindi one we see in promos. I have been a fan of Oru Malai from day one and was hoping ARR come up with something that tops it. But it looks like he did another experimental song after Oru Koodai Sunlight. In the trailer, towards the mid portions, the lyrics and tune doesn't even gel together. The last 10 seconds was good though.

But overall from what I see in the trailer, Behka falls in front of Oru Malai. I just hope the trailer had the worst portions from the song.

nickraman
22nd November 2008, 10:17 AM
Behka was okay until the chorus came in trying to mock the chrous from Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's "Rock On!" songs.

Aside from Guzzarish, not impressed by the other songs. Oru Maalai by Karthik had great feel and sruthi.

Still, I'll get the cd and post back my views but from the samples and previews, nothing as RDB (the combo of Prassoon and Rahman). I think the problem is the lyrics and the odd tunes. Joshi tries to shoehorn in urdu lyrics to make the song not cliched like other songs are trying to do. That's why they sound odd.

kham
22nd November 2008, 11:22 AM
arambichitangaya arambichitaaaaaaaanga....

shabba... ippave kanna kattuthe.......

Movies
22nd November 2008, 11:45 AM
15 secs and people write off the whole album and wouldn't be surprised if they movie was reviewwed with these 15 secs!

Guess_Me
22nd November 2008, 12:50 PM
15 secs and people write off the whole album and wouldn't be surprised if they movie was reviewwed with these 15 secs!
Well, I guess one can review from a 1 minute long trailer considering it covers the whole pallavi. I am disappointed with Behka :oops:

Scale
22nd November 2008, 01:24 PM
I liked it Guess_me. Funky stroke! The picturisation is cool there.. The chorus at 0.30 is intriguing and the crash chorus may be at the song end... :lol2:

Better or not - on whole, We sure will have an exclusive rap session. This is too early now :)

A.ANAND
22nd November 2008, 01:36 PM
[tscii:d4d9dc6af9]Reason Ghajini music is being postponed

The reason Ghajini music is being postponed so much is that producers are too scared to release it so close after music release of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. The producers know that AR Rehman has given only 1 or 2 hit songs in the whole movie as usual and they are scared that the music will be flop if it is released so close to RNBDJ release as people will compare the music for both the movies and will find the difference clearly and tilt heavily towards RNBDJ music, thus affecting sales of Ghajini CD’s. Moreveover, on top of this, another factor is that SRK is a much bigger star than Aamir and the producer know that to compete against SRK’s movie’s music with Aaamir’s movie’s music is like comitting suicide as nowadays music directors hardly matter in the sales of music CD’s, what matters is how big the star of the film is.

Source: Legolas55569’s Mind.

http://www.wp-wordpress.com/171939/reason-ghajini-music-is-being-postponed[/tscii:d4d9dc6af9]

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 02:23 PM
T-series :rant: release it soon every1 started to review :banghead:

Guess_Me
22nd November 2008, 03:01 PM
[tscii:ff4cd3a8c1]
Source: Legolas55569’s Mind
That says it all :D [/tscii:ff4cd3a8c1]

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 03:49 PM

If Behka is equivalent to Oru Malai from tamil Ghajini, then I hate to say this but the tamil song is a lot better than the hindi one we see in promos. I have been a fan of Oru Malai from day one and was hoping ARR come up with something that tops it. But it looks like he did another experimental song after Oru Koodai Sunlight. In the trailer, towards the mid portions, the lyrics and tune doesn't even gel together. The last 10 seconds was good though.

But overall from what I see in the trailer, Behka falls in front of Oru Malai. I just hope the trailer had the worst portions from the song.

beg to differ here, i feel Bekha is a better song, im very much satisfied with the initial 1 min, and im sure the best of the song is not revealed yet.....

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 04:52 PM
audio innum release aagaliyaa :x

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 05:10 PM
Ghajini music is out... :bluejump:

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 05:19 PM
Ghajini music is out... :bluejump:

Did u get the cd?

kham
22nd November 2008, 05:20 PM
just got da songs..........
rocking.............
loving latto song............. :)

kham
22nd November 2008, 05:22 PM
rocking songs...
overall a very commercial album... :)

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 05:34 PM
Kham Bhai,
Show some mercy :oops:

muzammil_fr
22nd November 2008, 05:51 PM
I hate TFM members, they never share the songs with us (ARR fans), Kham or prasanna, plz upload some where just send to our email, we will not share to anyone.

muzammil_fr
22nd November 2008, 06:27 PM
hahahaha got it too, let me listen guys :)

directhit
22nd November 2008, 06:37 PM
Kham Bhai,
Show some mercy :oops: repeaattu :oops: :D

askbabloo
22nd November 2008, 06:44 PM
Initial reaction

aye bachu= fantastic dance number 5/5
latto= average 2/5
guzarish= chartbuster 5/5
bekha= complex composition 3/5
kaise mujhe= slow song might take time to grow 3/5

overall rating=3.75/5

Guess_Me
22nd November 2008, 07:00 PM
Songs are available on torrents. Downloading now.

sha
22nd November 2008, 07:27 PM
k finished listening one time....

my fav is Guzarish followed by Aye bachchu and kaisemujhe . behka is so complex, latto is average north indian item no: ...

a good album to finish 2008..

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 08:00 PM
after 1st listening... my fav

1.Behkha
2.Latoo
3.Aye Bachoo

these 3 numbers rock to the core!!!

the other 2 numbers r disturbing the pace of these numbers... not very pleased with them yet.... :?

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 08:17 PM
After initial few listenings, not so impressive :oops:

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 08:23 PM
1. gulzarish top class song
2. latoo
3. ayee bachoo.

other two songs need some time

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 08:35 PM
As of now, bekha rocks for me :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 08:42 PM
Kaise Mujhe ...saving grace is Shreya Goshal, from the time she enters the song... she spells MAGIC!!! OMG...Beautiful portion....!!!!!!! Benny kinda spoils the song.... Naresh or Sonu should have sung this song :?......

Beautiful song.... minus point is Beny.....other than that, its beautiful...no doubt, Shreya carries this song to a higher level.... Divine voice.....!! :notworthy:

arsaregama
22nd November 2008, 08:51 PM
Karthik behka la left right centre la pinnitaru!! sema modulation!

Somehow latoo feels like a ad song!

Kaise muhe.. guzarish lam thalaivar standards song!!

sema gethu album!

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 08:51 PM
Ghajini songs roxxxxs farrrrrrrrrr better than the tamil but its better not to compare. :wink:

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 09:25 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: so far listened to guzarish, aye bacho, and bekha. WOW bekha is amazing. same with guzarish. lovely jazz instruemnts in bekha and ARR continues the trend set in yuvraaj in bekha interlude II. he plays the initial hum from guzarish. amazing stuff.

Movies
22nd November 2008, 09:48 PM
Just listened to Ghajini & only once.... YIPEEEEE!

Rahman pinnitaru, unique and innovative! FANTABULOUS!

More to come, I need to savor this moment!

And Shreya Ghosal, wow!, turning out to be Arr's favourite.

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 10:24 PM
AMAZING stuff. just finished listening twice. enna compositions. i really cant believe ARR had the guts to go offnote in bekha when its supposed to be a cheery song. hats off for that bold attempt and the way he brought in guzarish hum. and shreya WOW. hats off to this album. probably my favorite this year. thank god for no remixes. also latoo started off like shano shano, pappu, etc. to be honest i hated those songs. cant stand the bollywood dance club numbers. but latoo is wow mainly because of the yaahi yaahi ya chant and shreya. love her

Mahen
22nd November 2008, 10:41 PM
Cant believe you guys ignored me :twisted: Someone send me the link pls :)

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 10:49 PM
Cant believe you guys ignored me :twisted: Someone send me the link pls :)

sent u.... a big thanks to Guess Me.... :D

A.ANAND
22nd November 2008, 10:49 PM
another rocking album from our boss! :2thumbsup:

guzarish - beatifull melody 4.5/5

latto-simple and cathcy dance number 5/5

aye bachu-another exllent dance number 4.8/5

kaise mujhe-amazing 5/5 [shreya ghosal :omg: but benny not a good choise 4 this song!little dissapointing with his effort]

bekha -woooow!kartik :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: savadi :lol:

johda akhbar -classic
jtnjn -peppy and young
ada -melody
yuvvraj-western classical and indian classical
ghajini-full enerjy and commercial

vera entha MD in indian film music-la ippadi oru variety kodukka mudiyum!thalaiva unakku kovil kattanum'ya :lol:

2008 maha kummba mela for arr fans! :cool2: :victory:

Movies
22nd November 2008, 10:50 PM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/11/22/music-review-ghajini-hindi-a-r-rahman/

surprising.

Anand , agree with every word you said, if there is one thing I should complain about this album, it is Benny's singing. I have a feeling if it was a solo, Benny's flaws would not be apparent, but when he sings with Shreya ( ? India's next Latha M. ?) she took it to another level.

You know where Rahman stands apat? Rahman could have easily created another Rangeela like album but no he choose to explore. He showed what's the difference between him and every other Tom, Dick and HARRIS ;)

A.ANAND
22nd November 2008, 10:52 PM
tamil ghajini kum hindi ghajini-kum ini compare panna mudiyathu!hindi ghajini farrrrrrrrr better then t.ghajini.

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 11:02 PM
[tscii:03a23fd7f1]

surprising.

Whoaaa..... so fast he conclude that??

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2005/08/10/ghajini/

10 Aug, 2005
Ghajini

Posted by: Karthik S In: Uncategorized

HJ overdose, this season! Anniyan, Thotti Jaya and now Ghajini! Oru maalai and Suttum vizhi seem to be the only two Tamil songs in the album. Both are typical HJ’ish techno melodies and sound impressive. The other tracks include Rahatulla (major Kannum kannum nokia hangover!), Rangola and X-machi. These have the requisite amount of non-Tamil words and would instantly irritate every self-respecting Tamilian, besides Thirumavalavan. While Rahatulla and Rangola are sorta listenable, X-machi is annoying. And since this movie is rumored to be inspired by the Hollywood hit Memento, wonder how these tracks fit in Christopher Nolan’s brilliant narrative :-)

he trashes both the album to certain extend, and now Ghajini in Tamil is better for him!!

ofcource, those repeated listening of those songs helped him gain confidence in the Tamil album all this while... what about giving the some time for the Hindi 1.... damn man!![/tscii:03a23fd7f1]

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:05 PM
100% hindi ghajini rocks to the core

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:08 PM
[tscii:bc0d586031]

surprising.

10 Aug, 2005
Ghajini

HJ overdose, this season! Anniyan, Thotti Jaya and now Ghajini! Oru maalai and Suttum vizhi seem to be the only two Tamil songs in the album. Both are typical HJ’ish techno melodies and sound impressive. The other tracks include Rahatulla (major Kannum kannum nokia hangover!), Rangola and X-machi. These have the requisite amount of non-Tamil words and would instantly irritate every self-respecting Tamilian, besides Thirumavalavan. While Rahatulla and Rangola are sorta listenable, X-machi is annoying. And since this movie is rumored to be inspired by the Hollywood hit Memento, wonder how these tracks fit in Christopher Nolan’s brilliant narrative :-)

he trashes both the album to certain extend, and now Ghajini in Tamil is better for him!!

ofcource, those repeated listening of those songs helped him gain confidence in the Tamil album all this while... what about giving the some time for the Hindi 1.... damn man!![/tscii:bc0d586031]

100% agree with u man. this guy is always conservative and when it comes to ARR he always spits out the bad things first. shreya half hearted. r u mental??

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 11:10 PM
[tscii:bac4faf424]

surprising.

10 Aug, 2005
Ghajini

ofcource, those repeated listening of those songs helped him gain confidence in the Tamil album all this while... what about giving the some time for the Hindi 1.... damn man!![/tscii:bac4faf424]

100% agree with u man. this guy is always conservative and when it comes to ARR he always spits out the bad things first. shreya half hearted. r u mental??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yea man.... hahahahah....seriously, she sung it so divinely.... agree benny is annoying in the song, and Guzharish is lacking something somewhere...but other than that... its perfect....!

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 11:11 PM
Actually i wouldn't blame him. Even i felt the same initially.
Now only i started getting the feel of the songs. Given that he reviews albums very fast(for an ARR album), such a review is not surprising.

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:16 PM
In the land of the deaf ..... hmmmmmm

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 11:17 PM
In the land of the deaf ..... hmmmmmm

we all know u r deaf all the while man.... no need to say it... :lol:

Scale
22nd November 2008, 11:18 PM
Thats another hastily derived statement. ARR does the magic again.:notworthy: We are going to have lot of fun. Keep them coming guys & I love this season!

1. Bekha Sax by Martin Daes - Breath-taking! saavadichittanya

Latoo & Aye Bacho - Lakeer stuffs :rotfl:

Give me sometime guys I'll come back

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:21 PM
Yuvraj .. > Taal....

H.Ghazni > T.Ghazni ...

Yeah .. agreed...

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:23 PM
And All this while I thought the Matrix didnt exist... poor me

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 11:24 PM
[tscii:54b293c4fa]

surprising.

10 Aug, 2005
Ghajini

ofcource, those repeated listening of those songs helped him gain confidence in the Tamil album all this while... what about giving the some time for the Hindi 1.... damn man!![/tscii:54b293c4fa]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yea man.... hahahahah....seriously, she sung it so divinely.... agree benny is annoying in the song, and Guzharish is lacking something somewhere...but other than that... its perfect....!
U still dont like the song :( this is ma fav song in this album..

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 11:24 PM
how come until now no mods bothered changing the thread's tittle to its appropriate tittle..... even the person who made the thread is not taking any moves... thats y next time ARR fans should create the thread....

Movies
22nd November 2008, 11:25 PM
I think Ghajini in Hindi miles ahead.
I dont think I've gone from completely hating an ARR album ( yuvraaj ) to going crazy over another in a matter of weeks!

Dinesh, nicely pointed out about the Tamil review.

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 11:26 PM
[tscii:147c3157d5]

surprising.

10 Aug, 2005
Ghajini

ofcource, those repeated listening of those songs helped him gain confidence in the Tamil album all this while... what about giving the some time for the Hindi 1.... damn man!![/tscii:147c3157d5]

U still dont like the song :( this is ma fav song in this album..

Prasanna,i know i will love this song soon.... i notice the song i comment negatively will be my fav of the album later on... [ex: Chinnama and Naan Yepothe in Sakarakatti]

:D

Movies
22nd November 2008, 11:29 PM
Karthink is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stop listening to Behka! Wow his singing! This has to be Amir's new anthem after Aati Kya Kandhala!

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 11:31 PM
rahatulla vs latoo - latoo (hindi) wins
ayee bachoo vs x-machi :banghead: - ayee bachoo wins
sutrum vs guzarish - guzarish surely wins
oru malai vs behka - oru malai wins(still tat track needs time dono might change but oru malai was really good.)
rangola vs kaise - kaise easily wins.

majority of the best songs are from hindi ghajini. surely wins

i dont like to compare them but these ppl :evil: are makin me to compare. oru malai n guzarish are the best songs in both the albums

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:32 PM
Thats another hastily derived statement. ARR does the magic again.:notworthy: We are going to have lot of fun. Keep them coming guys & I love this season!

1. Bekha Sax by Martin Daes - Breath-taking! saavadichittanya

Latoo & Aye Bacho - Lakeer stuffs :rotfl:

Give me sometime guys I'll come back

hey dont mess with latoo :lol: :lol: i love it. i thot it would be those annoying typical bollywood dance numbers but its amazing. love it so much. especially shreyas voice.

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 11:37 PM
Prasanna,i know i will love this song soon.... i notice the song i comment negatively will be my fav of the album later on... [ex: Chinnama and Naan Yepothe in Sakarakatti]

:) after multiple hearings u will like the tune is awesome. beats are perfect, chords sollavey venam arr kalakiduvaru.

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:42 PM
Ghuzarish vs Sutrum -- Ghuzarish wins ?

Yeah we will amen to that.... Now what is real Neo?

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:42 PM
oru malai vs behka - oru malai wins(still tat track needs time dono might change but oru malai was really good.)

i dont like to compare them but these ppl :evil: are makin me to compare. oru malai n guzarish are the best songs in both the albums

ada paavi prasana. oru maalai is better? dont worry u will like it soon. its hard to like off note songs. think of it this way. the only reason u like songs is ebcause hey follow a pattern of notes that is pleasing to ur ears (raagas, scales), etc. its easier to like patterns that is most common like a minor or a major scale, but its very hard to appreciate raaga based songs because of the complex patter. in behka ARR introduces off notes that is not part of common scales. once u get the pattern, u will love guaranteed. so all songs in hindi better than tamil. when i first heard latoo, it reminded me of latoo and so i had to drive down to the farthest sweet store and grab some latoo. this album is making me so happy.

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:45 PM

the fact that u r deaf and hate to admit defeat. u know what we call people like u guys? sour looooosers.

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:46 PM
Okay let me start again .. In the land of the deaf!!!

Yaaaawn...

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 11:47 PM
Whats going on here :omg:

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:48 PM
U can do better Mr.Thineshan..... remember the word "MEMORABLE"..... everytime u listen to a song... and thats the link to the Matrix...

prasana84

ada paavi prasana. oru maalai is better? dont worry u will like it soon. its hard to like off note songs. think of it this way. the only reason u like songs is ebcause hey follow a pattern of notes that is pleasing to ur ears (raagas, scales), etc. its easier to like patterns that is most common like a minor or a major scale, but its very hard to appreciate raaga based songs because of the complex patter. in behka ARR introduces off notes that is not part of common scales. once u get the pattern, u will love guaranteed. so all songs in hindi better than tamil. when i first heard latoo, it reminded me of latoo and so i had to drive down to the farthest sweet store and grab some latoo. this album is making me so happy.
ya now im loving the song (started to grow) think it wil soon beat oru malai, also kaise mujhe awesoomooo awesome

thineshan54321
Whats going on here :omg:

i really dont understand what he is trying to say.

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:50 PM
Good.. Prasana... so quick .. for a moment I thought I was not going to include you in the land of the deaf.. now your back....

Now go tot he end of the street and wait for the phone to ring..

MADDY
22nd November 2008, 11:50 PM
U can do better Mr.Thineshan..... remember the word "MEMORABLE"..... everytime u listen to a song... and thats the link to the Matrix...

wow man, seriously, its raining badly in chennai :( ......100 feet road is immersed in water :oops: ........i almost fell of the bike :P

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2008, 11:51 PM
Good.. Prasana... so quick .. for a moment I thought I was not going to include you in the land of the deaf.. now your back....

What r u upto now? I mean, what r u trying to convey over here? I think u r hell bent on picking a fite here.

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 11:51 PM

the fact that u r deaf and hate to admit defeat. u know what we call people like u guys? sour looooosers.
jus ignore him dont respond. if a person who has real music sense wil surely love it. sutrum vizhi tune is like twinkle twinkle little star. so simple but see guzarish. tune, beat everything is xcellent
i hate to compare sutrum n guzarish. its a masterpiece. sutrum vizhi manna kavvanum before guzarish

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:52 PM

What r u upto now? I mean, what r u trying to convey over here? I think u r hell bent on picking a fite here.

he sounds so disoriented.

sloshed
22nd November 2008, 11:54 PM
real music sense..... hmmm...now thats one word.. thats banned in this world of yours.... now the agents will be out to get you .... thou shalt not speak of something your world doesnt know..

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:54 PM

jus ignore him dont respond. if a person who has real music sense wil surely love it. sutrum vizhi tune is like twinkle twinkle little star. so simple but see guzarish. tune, beat everything is xcellent

i can perfectly sing the lyrics of suttum vizhi sudare to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star and vice versa. i think HJ wanted to be the next mozart. maybe he wanted the title Mozart of Madras? hahaha

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 11:55 PM
real music sense..... hmmm...now thats one word.. thats banned in this world of yours.... now the agents will be out to get you .... thou shalt not speak of something your world doesnt know..

why do u keep putting ... in between sentences. and ...... did u just watch matrix.....? rel....ax. and go ....listen to twinkle ....tw....inkle little st....ar .........o .....sorry suttum..... vizhi sudarae...... s...ee ....ho....w anno......ying it is?

Guess_Me
22nd November 2008, 11:57 PM

I think he is still recovering from the acclaimed 'celebrity divorce' :D

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 11:58 PM
edited

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 11:59 PM

why do u keep putting ... in between sentences. and ...... did u just watch matrix.....? rel....ax. and go ....listen to twinkle ....tw....inkle little st....ar .........o .....sorry suttum..... vizhi sudarae...... s...ee ....ho....w anno......ying it is?
koool reply dude :lol:
guzariisssshhhh roxxssss. its already a big hit. :2thumbsup:
no one can stop u rahman rock onnn

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 12:00 AM
Iam not saying anything bad about this album... common.. if yuvraj .. made your nerve tinglings... stand up right and salute to your "musical sense" .. off course Ghazni will make your taste buds swell with "musical apetite"...

Hail Ghazni.. Bless Yuvraaj

OMG .. Ghazi Rockkss.. to the core (wonder who coined that phrase)... my eyelids are moving symphonically to this music...

Scale
23rd November 2008, 12:13 AM
//my eyelids are moving symphonically to this music//

Thanks sloshed that symphonical phrase certainly moves me while I listen to Kaise Mujhe Instrumental 3 Instrumental versions
in 4.03 seconds

1. Guitar by Neil Mukherjee
2. Flute by Kiran
3. Piano by A R Rahman (which aint credited)

Blissful, This is class!

Thineshan, Latoo rocks right from the prelude. Full of energy. Shreya :Incredible:

Give a few more listen guys!

thineshan54321
23rd November 2008, 12:19 AM

Thanks sloshed that symphonical phrase certainly moves me while I listen to Kaise Mujhe Instrumental 3 Instrumental versions
in 4.03 seconds

2. Flute by Kiran
4. Shreya by Shreya

Blissful, This is class!

Thineshan, Latoo rocks right from the prelude. Full of energy. Shreya :Incredible:

scale really nice display picture. i always wanted to say it, but keep forgetting.

prasana84
23rd November 2008, 12:22 AM
behka is also an awesome song which i lovin it now :musicsmile:

Movies
23rd November 2008, 12:25 AM
After litening to Bekha a million time already , It's time for Aye Bachuchu.

Man that Piano in Kaise... soothing.....
All the Sax in Behka the vocals in the first interlude of Latto and Shreya. what a ride!

Scale
23rd November 2008, 12:40 AM
Thineshan,

Thanks. Good one u included Shreya by Shreya there. :Rahmaniac:

Repeat Quote:
Bekha Sax by Martin Daes - Breathtaking!

Tomorrow :wave:

lancelot
23rd November 2008, 01:13 AM
loving the beats in Behka and the drums in Aye Bachchu oooooh yet to move on the the next tracks....

hehe

krishh17
23rd November 2008, 02:35 AM
I'm totally in luv with Behka song...mindblowing saxophone interludes...very very cool and trendy song.

Also Aye Bichoo is pretty catchy with awesome beats. Sounds even more amazing in car.

I just heard Guzarish, Kaise mujhe and Latoo once and from that I know for sure that Guzarish is instantly likable song while Kaise mujhe is a convoluted melody which will take lot of time to sink in for junta and latoo is gonna be a complete fun ride.

But Behka...what a song man...this one song is worth the wait for me :2thumbsup: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

baba88
23rd November 2008, 04:52 AM
hmmm...the album is one of ARRs worst this year. The expectations were just too big this time.

Music4Ever
23rd November 2008, 06:14 AM
Ghuzarish is, in one word, Maaindblowing, History (as Himesh would say in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Zee TV show). I happened to have a one-minute peek on youtube. Very tastefully picturized. As Ilayaraja would say somewhere else, "Endha komban" enna sonnalum, this song is going to rock the screen. Waiting for the other delicacies to be served on the Ghajni platter.

thineshan54321
23rd November 2008, 06:18 AM
loving the reggaeton beat in latoo. taxi taxi trend continues.

Movies
23rd November 2008, 07:23 AM
I can't beleive this, I spent a whole Saturday listening to Ghajini, did nothing else but shower and listen to Ghajini, beleive it or not I stood up a date as I couldn't stay away from Ghajini!!!!!

Even Benny's song is haunting, but I seriously think Rahman should stay away from convoluted melodies as such, he has done one far too many over the recent years, it's getting monotonous.

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 08:14 AM
Hail Ghajini .... every song reeks with honey .... what meltdown?? Its not the economy which is melting.. rather our hearts simply melting with this music...

Convoluted melody ?? I must have missed something there.. there was no melody for sure.. maybe the "convoluted" part!! .. keep finding these "intricasies" ...keep 'em comin..

Hail Ghajini..

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 08:34 AM
Hail Ghajini .... every song reeks with honey .... what meltdown?? Its not the economy which is melting.. rather our hearts simply melting with this music...

Convoluted melody ?? I must have missed something there.. there was no melody for sure.. maybe the "convoluted" part!! .. keep finding these "intricasies" ...keep 'em comin..

Hail Ghajini..

dude, u seriously need to meet a physciatrist... ur losing it bro.... im worried for u... :twisted:

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 08:46 AM
Dinesh .. seriously bro... the songs are sooo good.. that you really have to seek help... how do u guyz manage to stay rooted on this earth.. i feel that gravity is defying me.. wow.. got it.. "gravity -defying" songs!!!

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 09:11 AM
sloshed, just a single question...

Have you listened to the songs at all? :huh:

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 09:35 AM

in 4.03 seconds

2. Flute by Kiran

Blissful, This is class!

Wow!!! Scale, I m listening to this for the first time, you are absolutely right... blissful!!! :notworthy:

ARR brings a beautiful flow and melody in his instrumentals... Tuff to describe, this is a different sort of talent :thumbsup:

I m not really worried abt the other tracks, I can easily spend the rest of the day listening to Kaise Mujhe :musicsmile:

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 09:44 AM
Aye bachoo, not as powerful and energetic as it tries to be. May be my opinion may change later... shades of AC DC style in the song

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 09:58 AM
-edited-

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 10:25 AM
edit panniyachu... neengalum edit pannidungo

manasula pattadha sollibutten, but u r right.. unnecessary :roll:

Mahen
23rd November 2008, 10:40 AM
Is ghajini really by ARR? :confused2: Only kaise mujse and tu guzarish are listenable :roll:

lancelot
23rd November 2008, 10:41 AM
Latoo i think has a touch of Asathura Asathura - Enakku 20 Unakku 18
anyone else got the same feeling?
hehe

Scale
23rd November 2008, 10:48 AM
[tscii:adccabb3f4]Tu Guzarish is Instantly Likeable, passionate & crowd puller! The Mandolin prelude and in the interludes are very catchy. Javed Ali, Solo Stealer has sung really well and I am trying to imitate the beautiful lyrics. Sonu on guest vocals is just humming. With just 6 tracks, ARR shud have added mandolin instrumental version.

Aye Bachoo: Least impressive! Skipppp..Experimented with Suzzanne vocals. I love the way she says "Aye Bachoo". "Chinna pasangala" Either this or latoo is not going to be there in screen

Latoo is like Taxi Taxi to me. Total Ride! Lots of variation. Good use of chorus, English lyrics and nattily a tamil word inserted. Wow!!

Kaise Mujhe: For the first time Benny has spoiled a fantastic song. He is an emerging talent. Looks like he suffered a bad throat/late nite recording :roll: and surprised how ARR & team continued with this one. I can talk talk talk… about the Instrumental version and ARR's crown/chair/etc. bejeweled again. Every bit of the version deserves praise. Pick of the album! Thanks TV.

Bekha - Athiradee! pinni pedal eduthurukkaaru. Chorus, Jazz effect ellame superb! I just noticed how ARR keystrokes have brilliantly shared the Sax piece. IInd charanam is mindblowing after Sax interlude. Boy, if someone wants to compare with tamil ghajini for their sadistic pleasure or to draw attention website comments please ask this Gentleman Karthik, the singer (not 100 milli, Now don’t pick a fite I am a big fan of itwofs & milliblog, sometimes he get drowned hurriedly).

In the world of remakes, lifts (scene/sample uruval) and outright plagiarism, ARR is the only composer have emerged with guts & innovation for a 100% original soundtrack second time after DSKR which he usualldy dont do if its a remake film. Here except Karthik nothing is similar that too he sounds totally different and captivating. Except Tu Guzarish & Instrumental the album lacks serious longevity which is the biggest problem for any HC fans. The idea of the soundtrack/remake is all for Aamir's aspiration to be Ghajini, thriller and he is responsible for its success. Sure he will rock on screen. This is not ARR's best certainly not his worst as well. I am enjoying the soundtrack (3 tracks fully) and hope you too! A final note, What a spectacular year for ARR! A R Murugadoss is missing!!!!

Thanks

[/tscii:adccabb3f4]

rayan36
23rd November 2008, 11:05 AM
for now.....i like latoo, bekha & guzarish...i give 5 out of 5 fro these songs...

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 11:37 AM
A final note, What a spectacular year for ARR!

Its not over yet, Slumdog millionaire is yet to hit the stores... :cool:

sha
23rd November 2008, 11:49 AM
Slumdog millionaire - not expecting much from music side, but that movie is gonna rock,,, n its gona compete well for few Oscars.... Trainspotting is one of my all time fav from Danny Boyle.

Ramakrishna
23rd November 2008, 11:58 AM
Kaise mujhe instrumental is better than the song itself.

A.ANAND
23rd November 2008, 11:59 AM
Bekha - :omg:namba mudiyala kartik :musicsmile: ithuvaraikum avaru ippadi oru song paadi naan kettathu illa! :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 12:01 PM
[tscii:4ce86522b7]Tu Guzarish is Instantly Likeable, passionate & crowd puller! The Mandolin prelude and in the interludes are very catchy. Javed Ali, Solo Stealer has sung really well and I am trying to imitate the beautiful lyrics. Sonu on guest vocals is just humming. With just 6 tracks, ARR shud have added mandolin instrumental version.

Aye Bachoo: Least impressive! Skipppp..Experimented with Suzzanne vocals. I love the way she says "Aye Bachoo". "Chinna pasangala" Either this or latoo is not going to be there in screen

Latoo is like Taxi Taxi to me. Total Ride! Lots of variation. Good use of chorus, English lyrics and nattily a tamil word inserted. Wow!!

Kaise Mujhe: For the first time Benny has spoiled a fantastic song. He is an emerging talent. Looks like he suffered a bad throat/late nite recording :roll: and surprised how ARR & team continued with this one. I can talk talk talk… about the Instrumental version and ARR's crown/chair/etc. bejeweled again. Every bit of the version deserves praise. Pick of the album! Thanks TV.

Bekha - Athiradee! pinni pedal eduthurukkaaru. Chorus, Jazz effect ellame superb! I just noticed how ARR keystrokes have brilliantly shared the Sax piece. IInd charanam is mindblowing after Sax interlude. Boy, if someone wants to compare with tamil ghajini for their sadistic pleasure or to draw attention website comments please ask this Gentleman Karthik, the singer (not 100 milli, Now don’t pick a fite I am a big fan of itwofs & milliblog, sometimes he get drowned hurriedly).

In the world of remakes, lifts (scene/sample uruval) and outright plagiarism, ARR is the only composer have emerged with guts & innovation for a 100% original soundtrack second time after DSKR which he usualldy dont do if its a remake film. Here except Karthik nothing is similar that too he sounds totally different and captivating. Except Tu Guzarish & Instrumental the album lacks serious longevity which is the biggest problem for any HC fans. The idea of the soundtrack/remake is all for Aamir's aspiration to be Ghajini, thriller and he is responsible for its success. Sure he will rock on screen. This is not ARR's best certainly not his worst as well. I am enjoying the soundtrack (3 tracks fully) and hope you too! A final note, What a spectacular year for ARR! A R Murugadoss is missing!!!!

Thanks

[/tscii:4ce86522b7]

when and where, scale? :?

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 12:03 PM

Its becoz Benny kinda spoilt the song with his fake expression in the song..... he over did it and his high pitch, Oh My..!!! :shock:

prasana84
23rd November 2008, 12:10 PM

Its becoz Benny kinda spoilt the song with his fake expression in the song..... he over did it and his high pitch, Oh My..!!! :shock:
:roll: but the song is nice to hear. im lovin it. 8-)

A.ANAND
23rd November 2008, 12:23 PM

:roll: but the song is nice to hear. im lovin it. 8-)
yes!after entry of shreya,totally antha song mood appadiye mari pochu!exllent effory from shreya! :clap:

dinesh!i know i dont like guzarish song! :lol:but i love it this song :D

Ramakrishna
23rd November 2008, 12:25 PM
The best part of kaise Mujhe is from 2:55 to 3:10

Scale
23rd November 2008, 01:02 PM
[tscii:5b701a4572]Dinesh,

Yaar'u Yaar'u - Check backup vocals after Shreya sings "Yaar Yaar, Yaar Mera Yaar" It sounds to me chorus asking யாரு? யாரு ? yaar'u yaar'u Who? Who? The vocal stress 'ரு" r'u makes it a tamil word. Listen to it!:crazy: hehe

Nachayenge...
Latoo..Latoo.....Latoo Main Us pe Latoo :musicsmile:

:yessir: [/tscii:5b701a4572]

sat_srini
23rd November 2008, 01:34 PM
We also have "Connections", ARR's non-film album coming up this year. This has indeed been an awesome year for us - 6 releases so far and each of them being completely different. Gopal (ARRYG) was mentioning that ARR is booked for the next 2 years. Wonder what is in store for us :D

I am loving Ghajini. Behka is my pick, have never heard a song like this before. Awesome singing by Karthik. Wonder what genre it is.

A final note, What a spectacular year for ARR!

Its not over yet, Slumdog millionaire is yet to hit the stores... :cool:

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 01:34 PM
[tscii:079af00dcf]Dinesh,

Yaar'u Yaar'u - Check backup vocals after Shreya sings "Yaar Yaar, Yaar Mera Yaar" It sounds to me chorus asking யாரு? யாரு ? yaar'u yaar'u Who? Who? The vocal stress 'ரு" r'u makes it a tamil word. Listen to it!:crazy: hehe

Nachayenge...
Latoo..Latoo.....Latoo Main Us pe Latoo :musicsmile:

:yessir: [/tscii:079af00dcf]

:lol: :lol: :lol: ohh that...yea...it sounds sounds like they r singing like Yaare... but i really doubt they had that intention... :P

Ramakrishna
23rd November 2008, 05:01 PM
Bekha - Kickass song. Can't take my ears off it :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 05:02 PM
Ghajini has opened with a very average review... :(.... almost all the sites giving average status to it... its funny they didint see the beauty of the songs like we do.....

Mahen
23rd November 2008, 05:40 PM
Ghajini has opened with a very average review... :(.... almost all the sites giving average status to it... its funny they didint see the beauty of the songs like we do.....

I too feel ghajini is average...Only 2 songs are good...After experiencing the spectacular Yuvraaj, Ghajini was :shock: :oops:

A.ANAND
23rd November 2008, 06:46 PM

I too feel ghajini is average...Only 2 songs are good...After experiencing the spectacular Yuvraaj, Ghajini was :shock: :oops:
meendum meendum kelungga mahen,ungalukku pidikum!sure u vut love it :D t.ghajini -oda compare pannathinga!athu vera,ithu vera!

A.ANAND
23rd November 2008, 06:57 PM
H.ghajini album not arr's one of the best,but the enjoyble album!intha movie-ikku ithu pothum-nnu nenacharo ennavo! :lol: but IMO far better than tamil! :notworthy:

villan007
23rd November 2008, 08:16 PM
Listened to it like 5-6 times but still :oops:

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 08:25 PM

meendum meendum kelungga mahen,ungalukku pidikum!sure u vut love it :D t.ghajini -oda compare pannathinga!athu vera,ithu vera!

yes Anand, correct, nothing common in the tamil and hindi version, thus the comparison wont be so appropriate. but ofcource, if u REALLY wanna compare, i enjoy the Hindi 1 more, never was a fan of Ghajini tamil songs, and i still remember, when Ghajini tamil released [after Anniyan], everyone was writting that album off.... but now Ghajini album is a solid album for most of the Tamilans here... Ghajini Hindi could face the similar fate...

i strongly feel the songs will be more appealing with the visuals along with the movie. trust me, these songs will never be a speed breaker for the film.... esp the Kaise Mujhe song, MIND THIS, PEOPLE R GOING TO CRY WHEN THIS SONG IS PLAYING IN THE MOVIE....... its a very situational number, which will flow beautifully for Asin - Amir's love......

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 08:26 PM
Listened to it like 5-6 times but still :oops:

put it to rest now.... review it after watching the film... im sure u will be the 1st person raving about the songs then.... :wink:

Ramakrishna
23rd November 2008, 08:28 PM
Kaise Mujhe has grown superbly on me. I have been listening to it non-stop since afternoon.

villan007
23rd November 2008, 08:28 PM
put it to rest now....

ejaatly.. Yuvraaj is more than enough to keep me going for atleast a month :P

Movies
23rd November 2008, 08:50 PM
Dinesh,
That's exactly what I felt, especially th instrumenal. So is Kaise the Sutrum Vili equivalent?

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 09:09 PM
Dinesh,
That's exactly what I felt, especially th instrumenal. So is Kaise the Sutrum Vili equivalent?

yea man, i think so too.... if it is, then im sorry, Suttum vizhi needs to be 4gotten... :lol: the Shreya's humming is enough to put Suttum Vizhi to shame... seriously.... when i listen to her portion in the song, i was lost! i was speechless.... and seriously, it made my heart cry....

no doubt this song will emote those touching scenes so well, that audiences r CONFIRM going to cry..... :)

As Thineshan said in the chat with me, Ghajini hindi album reflects the movie's mood well, as in moody, slow pace kinda... unlike the Ghajini Tamil was so commercial.....

thineshan54321
23rd November 2008, 09:29 PM
Dinesh,

yea man, i think so too.... if it is, then im sorry, Suttum vizhi needs to be 4gotten... :lol: the Shreya's humming is enough to put Suttum Vizhi to shame... seriously.... when i listen to her portion in the song, i was lost! i was speechless.... and seriously, it made my heart cry....

no doubt this song will emote those touching scenes so well, that audiences r CONFIRM going to cry..... :)

As Thineshan said in the chat with me, Ghajini hindi album reflects the movie's mood well, as in moody, slow pace kinda... unlike the Ghajini Tamil was so commercial.....

after a day of listening. mindblowing. i like it more than yuvraaj. I even revisited yuvraaj just so its not an opinion based on what i heard latest (as in when u hear an album, u seem to forget all other albums and think its the best especially when it just released). but when i went back to yuvraaj, i was longing for ghajini throughout hte album and finally when i finished with yuvraaj, I went to ghajini and wow, what an album. really soul-touching album just like the movie. it will really compliment the movie well. guaranteed. this movie will probably be ARRs best this year (in terms of sucess and maybe music, we'll have to see how it turns out). BTW dinesh, i really love kaise mujhe now. i started to forgive benny and now he sounds a bit ok. it wouldve been disastrous if he had this kinda voice for a peppy number. atleast its a pathos song, forgivable. i still believe ARR shouldve picked someone who could master those high pitches. remember naresh in tu bin bataye. when he enters the sogn with the high pitch, it sounded so amazing. i could still hear his voice distinctly, there was no struggle. but shreya is WOW. like u said shreyas portion alone kills suttum vizhi if this is the song.

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 09:46 PM
hmmmm.... you guyz rock man.... darn that everyone gave it average reviews.... they cant see the "inner" eauty you guyz see.... I agree with Dinesh .. lets all put it to rest... in the mean time.. please send us info on which is the best part of each song.. it looks like.. the average junta is struggling to find that ... they seem to think the best part of the album is the moment it stops...

How darn they !!! We need to tell them they are wrong and also hammer down our stand in the newspapers " MIND YOU !!! WE WILL MAKE YOU CRY ..UNTIL YOU LIKE IT!!"...

Preposterous... they didnt like this one!!!... Does anyone know the secret to the incredible HULK .. i feel like becoming one...

Scale
23rd November 2008, 09:58 PM
The ego has landed- latoo prelude! Rocks

Najayeeye :musicsmile: thoda thoda zimbawve. Ist Interlude, How does he do that classical alaap style?

Be sensible and stop responding to rubbish guys!

We dont force anyone to enjoy the album. Do we?

thineshan54321
23rd November 2008, 10:02 PM
The ego has landed- latoo prelude! Rocks

Najayeeye :musicsmile: thoda thoda zimbawve. How does he do that classical alaap style?

Be sensible and stop responding to rubbish guys!

We dont force anyone to enjoy the album. Do we?

i think they r saying "the eagle has landed". really a beautiful prelude. i was confused as to what asins intro might be. now i know its latoo because of the prelude. just that one phrase gave it away. it will be rocking when asin is first shown with that phrase. arr hats off to ur imagination.

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 10:04 PM
No scale we dont... we only politely ask them to listen to it again and again... and they find that appalling... !!?? .. this one is mindblowing... almost everyone who heard it lost their minds.. lets spread the word one more time...in fact lets make a recipe on how to listen to these songs .. it will help junta..

Scale
23rd November 2008, 10:16 PM
What do you mean to say? Does this forum/thread run by Dinesh/scale/other ARR fans playing Ghajini songs non-stop. illa rating 5/5 kudukka solli compel pannaangala!

If you post anything sensible or what you like or dislike in this album/song then you will be replied earnestly.

Now just scoot off! Listen to the songs or if you have already listen post your comments song by song. What you like/dislike in this album. Instead what you do is just mud-slinging pointlessly. Really, Irritates to the core!

thineshan :wink:

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 10:32 PM
Sense and sensibility in this forum?? are you kidding me..
Let me give you an example...The moment Shreya was signed to song the song...we all knew it would beat suttum vizhi...in fact we knew it would "kill" it...

And you want me to be sensible?.. for me to be really sensible I wanted to tell rahman.. that what he did here is unacceptable...he cant get away thinking that his fans loved this album and so he is fine.Becos thats what happens here.. some people's "souls" are touched by this album. His "real" fans will detest this album.. nowhere near the standards he set for himself. Are we trying to fins solace here?

oh no Mr.Scale.. there is no point fighting the Klan.. so just join it... These are songs of the millenium.. let us all celebrate this "memorable" occassion.. in fact let us play these songs in the hospital.. some of the sick may be even healed... Hail Ghajini..

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 10:46 PM
Sloshed, your lame attempts at sarcasm are pukeworthy, lets us all accept that u dont like the songs and move on.

Likewise digest the fact that some of us have no great opinions abt ghajni tamil track.

prasana84
23rd November 2008, 10:57 PM
Kaise - 5/5 extra ordinary song which grows on me only after 20 to 30 listenins
behka - 4/5 - enjoyable song. its so fresh. great composition.
gulzarish - 5/5. i lov this song my fav song along with kaise mujhe.
ayee bachoo - 2/5. after hearing the promo i though this would be the best song.
latoo - 3/5 not a arr kind of song.
totally great album.
-ve review ok guys jus remember sok or anyother hit album, the initial reviews were worst. but now? they say awesome album. :)

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 11:01 PM
ayee bachoo - 2/5. after hearing the promo i though this would be the best song.
totally great album.
-ve review ok guys jus remember sok or anyother hit album, the initial review was worst. but now? they say awesome album. :)

prasanna, thats the case with all ARR albums.. even with RDB all the reviews couldnt finish the review without uttering "this is not among the best of ARR works" ... now we all know it is :)

One cannot pass a judgement on God, coz we just dont know enough.. Rahman's music is close to that, he explores taste buds in you which even you didnt know existed as if he knows us better than we do. Thats why I always avoid reviewing any ARR album in the beginning (after a while I become too lazy to post anything... thats a diff matter :P )

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 11:03 PM
Oh no Mr.Tamil... I am a part of your klan now... we will strive, seek and metamorphize the non-believers!!!

There is nuthing called junk until we say so!!

thamizhvaanan
23rd November 2008, 11:08 PM
Oh no Mr.Tamil... I am a part of your klan now... we will strive, seek and metamorphize the non-believers!!!

There is nuthing called junk until we say so!!

whatever .. :irked:

hope the new members of the klan arent as pathetic as you :lol2: I'm least bothered anyway

prasana84
23rd November 2008, 11:09 PM
totally great album.
-ve review ok guys jus remember sok or anyother hit album, the initial review was worst. but now? they say awesome album. :)

prasanna, thats the case with all ARR albums.. even with RDB all the reviews couldnt finish the review without uttering "this is not among the best of ARR works" ... now we all know it is :)

One cannot pass a judgement on God, coz we just dont know enough.. Rahman's music is close to that, he explores taste buds in you which even you didnt know existed as if he knows us better than we do. Thats why I always avoid reviewing any ARR album in the beginning (after a while I become too lazy to post anything... thats a diff matter :P )
Why rahman songs are slow poison. ilayaraja, hj, u1 songs are are likeable in the first hearing itself. coz rahman always do something new, explores alot. so ppl cant understand anythin when they hear for the first time. after sometime we feel the magic. so -ve review arr patuku kandipa varum. :)

sloshed
23rd November 2008, 11:12 PM
Those words didnt sound like a "touched" soul not bothered.. anywayz.. lets hunt like a pack from now... to start off can we pitch in to buy some air time on a network..?

A_Ajith
23rd November 2008, 11:57 PM
Ghajini(2008) Songs :P

1. Aye Bachchu --- This is the equivalent of RAHATULLA ASIN's INTRO IN GHAJINI IN TAMIL. But this song is far far far better than RAHATULLA very trendy and superb instrumentation ARR rocked.

2. Latoo --- The beats r a kind of de ja vu but still the song rocks cool singing , right mix of everything!

3. Behka ---- Music nalla iruku something kind of mild rock and jazz but not very impressive. Very odd.

4. Kaise Mujhe --- Starts on an unimpressive note but grows on you. On repeated hearings i loved this song .Typical ARR style.

5. Tu Meri Guzarish ---- This is the song on trailer very breezy song

By overall rating : 3.9/5

Please note i am not any particular music director's fan. :D

A.ANAND
24th November 2008, 07:38 AM
mr.sloshed,what yor problem???

A.ANAND
24th November 2008, 07:52 AM
Music Review: Ghajini
Music Featured Item Yes
November 23, 2008, 1:52 pm
Better than 'Rab ne bana ji Jodi'!

Aamir Khan's new movie GHAJINI has been hogging the limelight since a good 12 months now, and the film is arguably the BIGGEST movie of the year, along with SRK's Rab ne bana di jodi.

Aamir Khan has transformed into the incredible (looking) hulk to fit into the role for GHAJINI and has even sported his nearly shaven head throughout 2008. Ghajini had its ups and downs while filming that led to a number of delays.

We've been waiting for sneak peaks of the film and the songs since two months with little avail. The announced date for the music release was November 15th, yet nothing came but the atrocious Golmaal Returns. So after sweating with impatience for about a week, we finally managed to get our hands on the music CD of the film.

I must say the presentation is impeccable. Laced with red overtones, the CD box features a hulking, sunken Aamir Khan with on screen love Asin on his biceps. The inside sleeve of the box is quite uniquely designed, it opens in 3 parts, with the CD placed in the middle. A little booklet pops out of the left compartment which contains all the lyrics and some saucy snaps of the film (including a very sexy leggy Asin). While a bare legged Asin strolling in the Namibian desert brought a smile upon the face, the six different looks of Aamir followed in the next pages.

Without further ado, we shoved the CD quickly in the player and turned up the volume. Immediately Sonu Nigam hummed a haunting tune and the fantastic guitar from 'Guzarish' flowed. The beautiful lyrics by Prasoon Josi and soothing vocals by Javed Ali straightaway bring out the goosebumps. The music by A.R Rahman is stunning as it sets the mood, and a little other worldly operatic cameo by an unnamed female melts your heart. Guest vocalist Sonu Nigam comes back again with 'oohs and aahs' and then again with an excellent crescendo. The song has been picturized in the deadpan desert of Namibia, Five out of five for this song. Simply Superb.

Next up, we hear an old tape playing and someone singing 'Jhoom le jhoomjhama'... and the song 'Aye Bachchu' explodes in full swing, complete with an electric guitar and a Pop-Rock sound. Newcomer Suzanne provides vocals with a lot of enthusiasm and we LOVE it. The lyrics are crazy and peppy, with percussion that will get lazy bones shaking to the tune. Turn up the bass and enjoy this great track. We definitely want to hear more from Suzanne.

As if the joy from the previous song wasn't enough, a guitar reminiscent of 'Won't get fooled again' shimmers. 'Kaise Mujhe' has Benny Dayal and Shreya Goshal for the vocals and beats that evoke memories of Sukhvindar's 'Jaane mai'. A svelte piano plays near the end of the track. While the lyrics and music are really good, Dayal needs to stop rolling his tongue every time there's an 'R' sound.

Next up is the highly publicized 'Behka' with Aamir Khan's six different hairstyles and billion different colours in the wardrobe. The track has a nice saxophone but quite strange vocals by Karthik. Out of nowhere Rock kicks in and as unexpectedly it disappears. Very uneven, probably would gel better while watching the movie.

Providing some respite after the utter weirdness of the earlier song, some Enigma style chrome music and DJ scratches kick in followed by the words 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind'. When you least expect it, Shreya Goshal does an 'S for Sonia' crooning 'Latoo'. Shreya is talented but is certainly not cut for songs like these, she should stick to the glummer side of music. The lyrics make little sense (thoda thoda Zimbabwe and mazari mazara??). Unless this song is shot in Africa, Ghajini could do without this song. Suzanne from 'Aye Bachchu' would have been so much better for this number.

To finish things off is the instrumental version of 'Kaise Mujhe'. No difference, except for the tongue rolling vocals replaced by the guitar and flute. This track might probably play when the end credits roll in. Not the best ending to a music album, but still listenable while you're driving a car.

So there you have it, the music of GHAJINI is a fifty fifty. While the first three songs are really swell, the rest of the album is sort of disappointing. We probably expected too much from Aamir Khan after the exquisite music in 'Taare Zammen Par' and 'Rang De Basanti'. A.R Rahman hits a hat trick with this film after 'Yuvvraaj' and 'Jaane tu'. Lets just say this album comes third in the lot. 'Guzarish' and 'Aye Bachchu' make it worth the money. Whatever the case, the album is BETTER THAN 'RAB NE'.

So at least in the Bollywood segment Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy take the crown in 2008 for 'Rock On' and 'Taare', nudging out Rahman. But then Rahman has got the magnificent music of 'SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE' up his sleeve for Hollywood. Check back on the 27th for the review on that album. Until then, there's Ghajini.

MADDY
24th November 2008, 10:46 AM
Those words didnt sound like a "touched" soul not bothered.. anywayz.. lets hunt like a pack from now... to start off can we pitch in to buy some air time on a network..?

sloshed, if u r in chennai, please try masala vadai in eekkaattuthangal - theres something very good abt it :) ........also try a tea along with it - chanceless 8-)

sloshed
24th November 2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks Maddy.. off course I will definitely.. just one problem though .. i dont seemed to have attained "nirvana" like some of the others here with 20-30 listens.. I am on my 40th listen.. I am getting there.. trust me!!.. After that even I will have the Halo like you guyz.. and in addition to the masala vadai/chai .. i will have a masala "latoo" as well :-)

SoftSword
24th November 2008, 02:47 PM
link please........ :(

Mahen
24th November 2008, 03:52 PM
EXPECTATIONS

Huge with a capital H - That's the best way to describe the expectations that one has from the music of Ghajini. An Aamir Khan project is always big. When A.R. Rahman gets involved, it only becomes bigger. And when it's a project like Ghajini, which is a hardcore commercial fare, it has to be of one of the biggest, if not 'THE' biggest soundtrack of the year. Add in a name like Prasoon Joshi, who writes the lyrics for the film and you know that there is just no room for any error whatsoever. So what do we get here? Let's read on!

Write your own music review of Ghajini
MUSIC

Ever since the music release of Roja, the common saying for almost a decade and a half has been - 'Rahman's music takes time to grow'. That has indeed been the case for some of his best work ever which has gone on to be huge commercial success. Now imagine his music appealing to your ears in the very first go itself! The results are meant to be fantabulous and immediately acceptable, something which happens in case of Ghajini.

A.R. Rahman truly creates a soundtrack which makes an instant impact and yet retains the classy touch which is expected from him, especially noticeable in songs like 'Guzarish' and 'Kaise Mujhe'. Both being complex compositions due to the kind of variation that Rahman brings in spinning a melodic tale, 'Guzarish' and 'Kaise Mujhe' work and how! While 'Guzarish' is sweet-n-saccharine with Bollywood romance at its best, 'Kaise Mujhe' reminds of the kind of work that Ismail Darbar has been doing ever since his Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam days. Slow and pensive, it has a classy feel to it and sound even better in its 'instrumental' version. Someone bring on that 'Karaoke' please!

Only Rahman could have made something like this possible and if you have been a fan of 'Latka Dikha Diya Tumne' (Hindustani), then be sure that 'Aye Bachchu' would get the house on fire, which is a foot tapping track that is way beyond the likes of 'Shano Shano' (Yuuvraaj). It is a party track which has an out and out Western rhythm to it and should be quite some eye candy. Ditto for 'Latoo' which is heavy on orchestra, rightly so since the genre of the number requires that to be the case. The only number which is 'un-Rahmanish' in appeal and appears to be coming from the house of Pritam or Vishal-Shekhar, it is fast paced and boasts of an instant recollection quotient.

'Behka' could well be the 'Main Aisa Kyon Hoon' (Lakshya) moment for Aamir Khan in the way it is has been composed. The most unique composition of the album and something which Rahman has attempted after a long time. 'Behka' has an international sound in the way it is paced and arranged. Especially watch out for the 'antara' portion and you know for yourself that what sets it apart from any other Rahman song you would have heard in the recent times.

LYRICS

With Prasoon Joshi around, lyrics are bound to be not just impressive but even way different from what one hears in a regular Bollywood album. Whether it is the poetic feel of 'Guzarish' or the intoxicated feel of 'Behka', Prasoon is in full form here. Of course when it comes to bringing on some fun on the house, 'Aye Bachchu' and 'Latoo' win hands down.

VOCALS

Javed Ali makes best use of the opportunity that he gets with 'Guzarish'. First 'Jashn-E-Bahaaran' and now 'Guzarish', the young man is certainly looking up in his career. Another new singer, Benny Dayal, who made a worthy debut with 'Tu Meri Dost Hain' (Yuuvvraaj), is good once again in 'Kaise Mujhe'. What comes across as a pleasant surprise is to see Shreya Ghoshal letting her hair down for 'Latoo', a kind of track which, on any other day would have fell in Sunidhi Chauhan's lap. Suzanne, who continues to make an impression with every opportunity that comes to her, knows that 'Aye Bachchu' is the number for the dance floor and she gets the right attitude in place to justify her presence in the song as the chosen one.

OVERALL

Ghajini is what one calls as a chartbuster album in the offering. Clearly boasting of Rahman's best soundtrack of the year (yes, it is better than Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa, Jodhaa Akbar, Yuvvraaj and Ada), Ghajini in fact, sees Rahman-Aamir collaboration being successful yet again after some of their best work together in Rang De Basanti, Lagaan: Once Upon A Time In India and Rangeela. The music of Ghajini is all set to make waves way into 2009 after the Christmas release of the film. When 'best of the best' list would be compiled at the year end, it would be hard to ignore Ghajini.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/musicreview/13397/index.html

:twisted: Three much...

SoftSword
24th November 2008, 03:58 PM
links!!??? :evil:

Mahen
24th November 2008, 04:03 PM
links!!??? :evil:
Check p.m

Mahen
24th November 2008, 04:08 PM
Kinda like aye bacho now :D :oops:

dinesh2002
24th November 2008, 04:31 PM
Rahman continues to sizzle in Bollywood
IndiaGlitz [Monday, November 24, 2008]

Music composer A R Rahman whose magic is making wonders in Tamil Cinema for nearly a couple of decades now, is still going strong and steady in Bollywood.

He has come up with a hat-trick of successes in Hindi filmdom recently. He made it big with 'Janu Tu Jane Na'. The song 'Kabhi Kabhi' is still topping the charts all across the country. His recent release 'Yuvvraaj' is topping the charts right now. Subhash Ghai and Rahman have successfully recreated the magic of the 'Taal' days.

Now, Rahman has gone a step further with 'Ghajini'. In the Hindi remake of the Tamil original, Rahman has scored half-a-dozen numbers all of which have won rave reviews. Reports suggest that the number 'Behka', is gaining immense popularity.

It's three-in-row and three cheers for Rahman.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/43200.html

dinesh2002
24th November 2008, 04:51 PM
in love with Kaise Mujhe FULLY now...though Benny is really really annoying, but the tune is just mesmerising...... wow....what a song.... hope A.R.M uses it correctly......

Mahen
24th November 2008, 04:54 PM
in love with Kaise Mujhe FULLY now...though Benny is really really annoying, but the tune is just mesmerising...... wow....what a song.... hope A.R.M uses it correctly......
Whats wrong with benny? :roll: I dont find anything wrong in his singing...

A.ANAND
24th November 2008, 04:59 PM
aye bachu easyly can beat 'pappu can't dance'
rocking dance number :2thumbsup:

dinesh2002
24th November 2008, 04:59 PM

his emotion just feels so inapropriate for that kinda pathos version... sounds so fake on top of it...like "making it sound like that" and not from his heart..... ARR should have opted for another singer for this song, it would have reached MORE.......

lancelot
24th November 2008, 05:00 PM

i 2 do not see/hear anything wrong with Benny's singing.. loving the album, its growing on me.. BIG time...
hehe

Mahen
24th November 2008, 05:11 PM

his emotion just feels so inapropriate for that kinda pathos version... sounds so fake on top of it...like "making it sound like that" and not from his heart..... ARR should have opted for another singer for this song, it would have reached MORE.......

I dont think Kaise Mujshe is a sad song...Its gona be something like kismat se tum-pukar..

Ramakrishna
24th November 2008, 06:01 PM

Yes... Amazing song. I detested it completely after the first few listens. Now completely in love with the song.

dinesh2002
24th November 2008, 07:22 PM

Yes... Amazing song. I detested it completely after the first few listens. Now completely in love with the song.

yeap...been listening to it in loop .... :)

dinesh2002
24th November 2008, 07:24 PM

I dont think Kaise Mujshe is a sad song...Its gona be something like kismat se tum-pukar..

well, still his emotion doesnt gells with the tune.... just see how Sonu handles Kismat and see this guy..... a good example u have gave... and u still can ask me whats wrong with benny... :?...

am i the only 1 disliking benny in the song??? :roll:

A.ANAND
24th November 2008, 08:25 PM
but latto song innum konjam nalla panni irukalam innu thonuthu.i like this song,esply prelude :notworthy:

music man
24th November 2008, 09:04 PM
Hi friends.....At first I was shocked when i heard the album....Barring two numbers, I felt this album was a total crap......But after 3 listenings, I feel all songs are going to be super hits...Believe me, this album is going to create some record......

Still I feel,Bekha song could have done better...Music especially the sax is mindblowing,,,,but.....there is absolute cacophony in between when Karthik rushes thro' words....And the beats giving it a jazz feel also doesn't suit....

And [Kaise Mujhe] by Benny is a great number.....I don't find anything wrong with Benny's singing....Its absolutely and the orchestration is rich......Great harp,string and guitar arrangement....

Addicted to this album

Ramakrishna
24th November 2008, 09:40 PM
Hi friends.....At first I was shocked when i heard the album....Barring two numbers, I felt this album was a total crap......But after 3 listenings, I feel all songs are going to be super hits...Believe me, this album is going to create some record......

This is exactly how i felt :notworthy:

lancelot
24th November 2008, 09:58 PM

This is exactly how i felt :notworthy:

thats the stuff :clap:
hehe

prasana84
24th November 2008, 10:11 PM
And [Kaise Mujhe] by Benny is a great number.....I don't find anything wrong with Benny's singing....Its absolutely and the orchestration is rich......Great harp,string and guitar arrangement....

Addicted to this album
exactly. even i dont find anything wrong with benny's voice. and in behka the ending part is haunting. chords oru stanza mudinchu marupadiyum behka varum pothu use panirukalam. plaina iruka mathiri oru feel. but still it looks great.

MumbaiRamki
24th November 2008, 10:17 PM
Mixed initial reactions to the album , as usual to an ARR album - kaise Mujhe is gonna be a hit , so is Bekka, -> My first Listen !! . Others are Ok in first listen ! No COmplaints in the first listen

kutti_anand
Innum naan mattum thaan paatu kekala nu nenaikaren...... :hammer: my office

MumbaiRamki
Bekka -> Reminds me of the energy in Main Aisa Kyun hoon !!

askbabloo
24th November 2008, 11:20 PM
People are really harsh on this album. Anyway everyone is entitled to their opinion. I found this album very interesting, I found Bekha very complicated earlier but now totally love it, something different to Indian music. Thanks ARR

thineshan54321
24th November 2008, 11:34 PM
enna albumda saaami. i also agreed with dinesh about benny. there was something missing in his voice. but now i take back my words. i am not doing this because the majority likes benny's voice, but after about 20-30 listens, his voice doesnt seem alien anymore and i really gotta appreciate the way he handled the high pitch range. but i noticed that his voice is not loud nuff. orchestrations r overpowering his voice (maybe for a reason) and that maybe why it sounded weird to me initially. amazing song. definitely the best album of the year.

prasana84
25th November 2008, 12:13 AM
enna albumda saaami. i also agreed with dinesh about benny. there was something missing in his voice. but now i take back my words. i am not doing this because the majority likes benny's voice, but after about 20-30 listens, his voice doesnt seem alien anymore and i really gotta appreciate the way he handled the high pitch range. but i noticed that his voice is not loud nuff. orchestrations r overpowering his voice (maybe for a reason) and that maybe why it sounded weird to me initially. amazing song. definitely the best album of the year.
Dude r u sure. ada, yuvvraj released this year :shock:

Those are masterpiece. this will come under comercial category.

but im completely in love with behka song. also guzarish n kaise.

thineshan54321
25th November 2008, 12:31 AM
Dude r u sure. ada, yuvvraj released this year :shock:

Those are masterpiece. this will come under comercial category.

but im completely in love with behka song. also guzarish n kaise.

i agree those r ofcourse master pieces but its so hard to not listen to this album. even when i listen to those albums, i keep thinking about this. musically the other albums might be better. but in my opinion, my favorite is ghajini. dont ask me why. months or years from now, i might like ada or yuvraaj more. but as of now i like ghajini more. so hooky like uyire or alai payuthey. to put it another way, ghajini album better affects my emotion. be it latoo that makes me wanna dance or gujarish that makes me wanna fly (literally i feel like being blown by wind when i listen to this song), or kaise which makes me peaceful, wanna cry, love or be it bekha that just funks me up. its safe to say that no album this year affected my emotions more than this album and thats music isnt it? how much it touches you? how much it affects your emotions. only on that basis do i say that this is the best album of the year. sometimes i care about the technical details in music like the instrument choices and stuff but any ARR album is on top technically and that is why i am his fan. but what makes one arr album better than the other is how well it caters to ur emotions and that is why i like ghajini. sorry for the lengthy reply. i just wanna also add a quick example to ullustrate what i mean. kaadhalan is a pure commercial album whereas kangalal kaidhu sei is a pure classy musical album. altho kangalal kaidhu sei might be superior in terms of music (brilliance whatever u call it), kaadhalan is still a better favorite of mine because of how much it affected me, my emotions, my life even when it released long ago. ghajini is on the same path (maybe not of that magnitude but its there).

ajaybaskar
25th November 2008, 02:46 PM
Kaise is the pick of th lot.....Soothing melody straight from the heart of thalaivar..

Music4Ever
25th November 2008, 02:52 PM
So far, two numbers -- Guzarish and Bekaa. Awesome numbers. Look at the variety. Don't expect saccharine sweet, honey soaked, standard tunes from the master. He is capable of giving such numbers in a jiffy, but being a pioneer and trendsetter, he will continue to challenge the listener with more esoteric stuff, tunes that will be absorbed into the system only after many listens. I am completely satisfied with his output so far.

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 03:21 PM
So far, two numbers -- Guzarish and Bekaa. Awesome numbers. Look at the variety. Don't expect saccharine sweet, honey soaked, standard tunes from the master. He is capable of giving such numbers in a jiffy, but being a pioneer and trendsetter, he will continue to challenge the listener with more esoteric stuff, tunes that will be absorbed into the system only after many listens. I am completely satisfied with his output so far.

superb!!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :cool2:

ykrrajan
25th November 2008, 03:45 PM
Behka Trailer - a cute one

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/nov/25video1-aamir-dances-to-bheka-song-from-ghajini.htm

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 03:53 PM
Behka Trailer - a cute one

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/nov/25video1-aamir-dances-to-bheka-song-from-ghajini.htm

OSUM! :cool2:

dinesh2002
25th November 2008, 05:51 PM
still not convinced with Benny's singing.... no matter how many times im listening to it... his emotions r just so fake...i dunno y i feel this... :huh:

But the tune is just too good..... seriously, beautiful song.... just sad i cant enjoy it thoroughly...... hate it when he says " Uuparwaleeee" in high pitch .... :hammer: :banghead:

dinesh2002
25th November 2008, 06:50 PM
[tscii:f699267414]Ghajini Music Review .. A BiT DiFfErEnT !
Posted (Shouvik-S-Mazumdar) in Music on November-24-2008

5 albums in a year ! and A.R.Rahman is tired … is it ? Hmm not exactly ! I got my hands on ghajini CD a bit earlier than others and i was about to write a quick review b, but i found myself writing just two words - commercial crap ! So i thought , lets give it a little time and see what difference can it make

Ghajini Songs came after the wonderful Yuvraaj amidst high expectations . Ghajini however doesn’t over powers the mellifluous yuvraaj and we keep wondering what we actually expected from it ! To start with our lyricist Prasoon joshi has done a marvellous job in spoiling the whole album with absolutely meaningless and crap lyrics . I am a big fan of Prasoon Joshi especially he gave mind blowing and inspirational lyrics in Rang De Basanti and Taare Zameen Par . But in ghajini he goes terribly wrong . A total injustice to such a hyped album . A.R.Rahman on the other hand went wrong in the choice of singers and Amir khan ( the so called perfectionist ) went all wrong in accepting Ghajini Songs ! Ah !

But let’s go on analyzing the song now :

Guzarish : This song is meant to be a melody and it is definetly a fine melody . A.R.Rahman is known to play with our senses in his melody . Generally in a bit lengthy songs , he seperates two consequtive paragraphs (having same music) with a wonderful interlude or slightly manipulating the tune in the repetating paragraph which breaks the monotony.But you dont find any master craft work here.The song is plain , melody , soft , nice to hear but rahman touch ? no ! And yes why on earth Javed Ali ? Sonu would have been such a wonderful choice for this song . But Guzarish is a wonderful song to hear ( provided you forget its by the isai puyal A.R.Rahman)

rating : 4/5

Aye Bachu : I stand up and give a thumbs up to A.R.Rahman for composing this extremely youthful and peppy number . The choice of singer for this song is simply remarkable .Suzzane delivers her song in the perfect spirit .the part of the song where the tempo increases is simply mindblowing and i love this song so much that i have heard this minimum 50 times in a day and i still dont get bored .Awesome music , nonsense lyrics , wonderful singer !

rating 5/5

Kaise Dil Mujhe : My blood boils to see such a wonderful song die in the hands of the male singer who was just not fit to sing this song ! Benny Dayal has this wonderful zing in his voice but i find him grossly improper to sing a heart melting melody song like this . The saving grace is ofcourse is Shreya ghoshal .When shreya joins the song , my heart melts away , a different feeling grips in and the beauty of the song jumps in . Trust me friends , had this song been sung by sonu nigam or hariharan it would have been the best melody number ever . I dont know why a genius like Rahman could go so miserably wrong in the selection of the singer . However thank you shreya didi for saving this beautiful song . Rahman sir , you are a genius behind this heart melting song but you made a mistake - benny was not the right choice !

rating 3/5

Behka : Ah ! karthik ! Man i just love your voice and the attitude you induce in your songs bro ! Right from shaktikodu , mickey meyers’ happy days , hare ram , kotta bangaru lokam and now Ghajini ! I was reading few reviews on behka and how horrible people assumed it to be. The fact is this is a situational song . Amir khan comes in 6 different avatars in this song and the soft rocking jazz used by rahman is absolutely wonderful . The tune is majestic and the singer is rocking . Another thumbs up !

rating : 5/5

Latoo Latto : I wont say much about this song except that shreya can sing much better songs and A.R.Rahman can give much better songs than this. Still it is good to hear and nice to feel . But ….?

rating 3/5

million dollar question : is it better than tamil ghajini ?

I just critisized Ghajini , hindi , but let me assure you i still feel hindi ghajini is miles ahead of Tamil Ghajini . First let’s start with tamil ghajini . Harris Jayaraj is one of my favorite composer

http://justshouvik.com/archives/92[/tscii:f699267414]

dinesh2002
25th November 2008, 08:22 PM
Rahman goes gloriously wild with Ghajini
Raja Sen

November 25, 2008 19:14 IST

Sometimes you just can't help but gush.

An AR Rahman album is often cause for celebration, but I've always been partial to the albums where he seems to be experimenting even more than usual. There's a palpable childlike enthusiasm in tracks where he riffs with such constant improvisation that the results are as close to jazz as Bollywood can get.

Putting it simply, Ghajini [Images] is a phenomenal album. You'll find -- and argue over -- your individual favourite tracks, but very honestly, this could just be one of his finest albums ever. Not just are the tracks great, but each one segues into the next with perfect unpredictability. There is much chaos and musical anarchy packed into this taut album, but when the revolution is in the hands of this man, well, don't you know it's gonna be alright?

As soon as the opening bars of Guzarish kick in, you know you're onto something special. Rahman structures the deceptively simple-sounding basic melody almost into a fugue, the melodic lines intertwining around each other into a wonderfully complex tune. Javed Ali's vocals start easy before they progressively reach a point where his tongue is excitedly tripping over the words, before AR tosses in some space for refrain. This is ballad as it should be, an intoxicating song best left played on loop for a good half hour. Let the brilliance seep in, you'll love it.

Aye Bachchu starts off with a raspy-radio feel, hiss and crackle barely masking the aggression displayed by a couple of punchy guitars revving each other up like duelling bikers. It doesn't seem very Rahmanesque at first, but the way he builds up something this arbidly belligerent around a series of simple melodies, each cutting unpredictably into the other... wow. It's a 3.49 long track, but Rahman fills each second with pure energy, making it seem way longer. This one's destined to be a college anthem.

The nearly-headbanging vibe gives way to Kaise Mujhe, a mellow duet sung by Benny Dayal and Shreya Ghoshal. Dayal is made to sound somewhat like Rahman himself, and the only problem with this innocuous mush-track is the fact that the composer's structure overwhelms Prasoon Joshi's deftly balanced lyrics. The words are less accessible than they deserve to be. Yet when Ghoshal kicks in, she's given enough room to play. Of course, in all likelihood we'll be worshipping the track after forty listens.

Behka has one of the most intriguing opening seconds of any Rahman song, a flirty keyboard tangoing merrily around a heavily thudding snare drum. So heady is the rush this start gives you that you want it to go on for longer, but AR cuts you off craving more as a youngster called Karthik proceeds to rock the vocals.

Joshi's lyrics are fantastic, and when the langurous Behka-Behka chorus kicks in, it's hard not to be swept away. And just when you know which way the track is headed, Rahman mixes things up with all the glee of a mad scientist. And what a funky Frankenstein he serves up. A very hard track not to grin immediately at.

"Houston... the eagle has landed"? Perhaps the last words you expect to hear in an ARR soundtrack, but the man is clearly having fun with Latoo, a joyous ditty where the composer goes into sampling mode with an eclectic bag of sounds. The sounds seem poured sporadically into the mix, but the layering is a silky masterclass. Ghoshal does well, almost as well as the male chorus singers -- who seem to be singing, um, 'Zimbabwe!'(?). Living up to its name, this is a very standard track except poured through an aural kaleidoscope. Much madness ensues.

The Kaise Mujhe instrumental, honestly, is basically Rahman showing off. Heh. It's the master showing off an immaculate composition without letting singers and vocalists get in the way. And it works beautifully.

Ah, damn the review. Buy it now.

5/5....

5 = A Masterpiece

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/nov/25rahman-goes-gloriously-wild-with-ghajini.htm

Mahen
25th November 2008, 08:55 PM
Is raja sen being sarcastic? :roll: Nalla camedy pannuraru..I hate his movie reviews (esp yuvraj..idiot made fun of arr)...Ghajni is a pukka commercial album and calling it a masterpiece, konjam over thaan..If yuvraj gets 5*, then it is understandable but ghajini :roll:

ykrrajan
25th November 2008, 09:32 PM
Rahman goes gloriously wild with Ghajini
Raja Sen

November 25, 2008 19:14 IST

Sometimes you just can't help but gush.

An AR Rahman album is often cause for celebration, but I've always been partial to the albums where he seems to be experimenting even more than usual. There's a palpable childlike enthusiasm in tracks where he riffs with such constant improvisation that the results are as close to jazz as Bollywood can get.

Putting it simply, Ghajini [Images] is a phenomenal album. You'll find -- and argue over -- your individual favourite tracks, but very honestly, this could just be one of his finest albums ever. Not just are the tracks great, but each one segues into the next with perfect unpredictability. There is much chaos and musical anarchy packed into this taut album, but when the revolution is in the hands of this man, well, don't you know it's gonna be alright?

As soon as the opening bars of Guzarish kick in, you know you're onto something special. Rahman structures the deceptively simple-sounding basic melody almost into a fugue, the melodic lines intertwining around each other into a wonderfully complex tune. Javed Ali's vocals start easy before they progressively reach a point where his tongue is excitedly tripping over the words, before AR tosses in some space for refrain. This is ballad as it should be, an intoxicating song best left played on loop for a good half hour. Let the brilliance seep in, you'll love it.

Aye Bachchu starts off with a raspy-radio feel, hiss and crackle barely masking the aggression displayed by a couple of punchy guitars revving each other up like duelling bikers. It doesn't seem very Rahmanesque at first, but the way he builds up something this arbidly belligerent around a series of simple melodies, each cutting unpredictably into the other... wow. It's a 3.49 long track, but Rahman fills each second with pure energy, making it seem way longer. This one's destined to be a college anthem.

The nearly-headbanging vibe gives way to Kaise Mujhe, a mellow duet sung by Benny Dayal and Shreya Ghoshal. Dayal is made to sound somewhat like Rahman himself, and the only problem with this innocuous mush-track is the fact that the composer's structure overwhelms Prasoon Joshi's deftly balanced lyrics. The words are less accessible than they deserve to be. Yet when Ghoshal kicks in, she's given enough room to play. Of course, in all likelihood we'll be worshipping the track after forty listens.

Behka has one of the most intriguing opening seconds of any Rahman song, a flirty keyboard tangoing merrily around a heavily thudding snare drum. So heady is the rush this start gives you that you want it to go on for longer, but AR cuts you off craving more as a youngster called Karthik proceeds to rock the vocals.

Joshi's lyrics are fantastic, and when the langurous Behka-Behka chorus kicks in, it's hard not to be swept away. And just when you know which way the track is headed, Rahman mixes things up with all the glee of a mad scientist. And what a funky Frankenstein he serves up. A very hard track not to grin immediately at.

"Houston... the eagle has landed"? Perhaps the last words you expect to hear in an ARR soundtrack, but the man is clearly having fun with Latoo, a joyous ditty where the composer goes into sampling mode with an eclectic bag of sounds. The sounds seem poured sporadically into the mix, but the layering is a silky masterclass. Ghoshal does well, almost as well as the male chorus singers -- who seem to be singing, um, 'Zimbabwe!'(?). Living up to its name, this is a very standard track except poured through an aural kaleidoscope. Much madness ensues.

The Kaise Mujhe instrumental, honestly, is basically Rahman showing off. Heh. It's the master showing off an immaculate composition without letting singers and vocalists get in the way. And it works beautifully.

Ah, damn the review. Buy it now.

5/5....

5 = A Masterpiece

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/nov/25rahman-goes-gloriously-wild-with-ghajini.htm

This is too much. This guy is doing Vanja Pugazchchi. :oops: This is a commercial album for which he is saying Master piece. But the abum is far far better than the average bollywood commercial albums like RNBDJ....

muzammil_fr
25th November 2008, 10:43 PM
this is first time? Rediff give 5 stars? wooooooooow
guys, let me tell my little review, like someone said, when i heard first time, i thought this albem is crap, i even go to cry as i expected much, i thought HJ was win, i don't find any magic, but that was my opinion on first hearing, well after 3 or 4 listing, the songs starting hooking me, now wooooooooow i agree with Rediff review, this albem go to create some magic, That bekha bekha song when i heard first, i said shit what a crap song this one :(, i was sad, how i can't find that magic saxo, the style of singing Karthik, really amozing, now i am totaly happy with Hindi, It's uncomparable with Tamil Ghajini, it's for sure, so don't compare.

Guys what happend with u guys, why u some of guys here hate Benny singing, i don't find any fault in his singing, ARR know better then us, so be calm guys, try to wellcome newcommers, Shreya singing out of world feeling, otherthen Instruments vertion so sweet then original vertion :)

Aye Bachchu wooow, i install new set on my car, when i heard this song my car athuruthulla.

Guzarish, since yesterday, i liked this song, but as someone told in our forum something was missing, but today when i go to job at 3 o clock (France time) i heard this song, hmmmmmmm what i can say, i feel like i going somewhere, it was good feeling, really a great real melody.

Latoo is good song too, in some parts are really great, but ARR can compose better then this one, anyway it's not bad, i can rate 4.7/5

For Other songs 5/5 :) .

muzammil_fr
25th November 2008, 10:44 PM
The peoples Who heard below 3 times and hates this albem, i am so sad for them, they missing something in thier life.

sloshed
25th November 2008, 11:29 PM
Raja Sen !! .. I knew this guy was as sarcastic as it gets.. but on a national media and this sarcastic!!.... god you have to give to him!!

Nerd
26th November 2008, 01:12 AM
5/5 from Mr. Sen :shock: Highest I have seen so far is 4.5/5 for Johnny Gaddar.

NormalMan
26th November 2008, 02:14 AM
So I have been constantly listening to Yuvraaj and Ghajini on B4U. Yuvraaj never impressed me nor any of the tunes registered in my mind. Looked like a mediocre effort.

Bu Ghajini did set. But will it last - may be not. One of the trends I'm seeing from ARR these days is be composes songs like ring tones. The starting of the song is catchy, sexy and nice. But the flow after that seems to be out of whack.

I need fresh music for my ears and bollywood, tollywood seems to be going thru a stale cycle now.

Movies
26th November 2008, 04:04 AM
http://planetbollywood.com/displayReview.php?id=m112508102140

Aakash Gandhi rates it 7/10.

Akash Gandhi has been a very reasonable and highly intelligent reviewer. This time I respectfully disagree.

I still think Ghajini rocks as an album and if the movie clicks then it likely to be the Album of the year.
Personally I think the movie has a decent shot to be a hit as Rab Ne, being the last and only competition, is releasing 2 weeks before Ghajini. For the sake of a Tamil Director in Hindi I hope this movie is a hit.

lancelot
26th November 2008, 02:03 PM
Jazz mixed with Rock... WOW!!!! loving the drums and the singing... awesome song!
no prices for guessing what the song is though
hehe

Yathu
26th November 2008, 04:53 PM
Still yet to listen to the songs.....been kinda busy.

Im a bad ARR fan. :ashamed: :lol:

lancelot
26th November 2008, 05:19 PM
Still yet to listen to the songs.....been kinda busy.

Im a bad ARR fan. :ashamed: :lol:

hehe.. but i cant believe u can wait without listening... am wearing one ear phone of my iPod in office rite now... hoping my boss wount walk by... :devil:

hehe

muhelen
27th November 2008, 02:33 AM
Anyone know where could we listen to Hindi Ghajini songs?

Movies
27th November 2008, 06:36 AM
Muhelen,

U can buy it on itunes, T series website.

MADDY
27th November 2008, 07:48 AM
Behka - karthik makes all the difference.....superb rendition :bow: IMO best singer in tamilnadu now 8-)

thamizhvaanan
27th November 2008, 09:56 AM
Behka - karthik makes all the difference.....superb rendition :bow: IMO best singer in tamilnadu now 8-)

definitely, he sounds so gorgeous in this track. I used to regret that ARR hasnt used him much offlate.. its hightime our music industry produces a singer stalwart for future, and he is the best of the lot right now. Both because of his voice and versatility.

Having said that Shreya Goshal is already a stalwart :2thumbsup:

MADDY
27th November 2008, 10:03 AM

I used to regret that ARR hasnt used him much offlate.. its hightime our music industry produces a singer stalwart for future, and he is the best of the lot right now. Both because of his voice and versatility

wrote my mind off 8-) karthik certainly deserves to be a stalwart :bow:

btw, kaise mujhe is a track tailor made for thalaivar - wonder why he gave it to benny :(

thamizhvaanan
27th November 2008, 10:11 AM
One regret for the year is that only one track (Khwaja) sung by thalaivar.... And a what a track it is :notworthy:

directhit
27th November 2008, 10:50 AM
One regret for the year is that only one track (Khwaja) sung by thalaivar.... And a what a track it is :notworthy: Meherbaan vittuteenga :wink:

arsaregama
27th November 2008, 11:08 AM
True ...thalaivar has already mentioned that he will help ppl in the initial stages... after that its upto the respective singers to build on it... karthik surely has done that ...if u have listened to the vennila kabvadi kuzhu songs u would rate him the best singer in town ...Karthik -mickey j meyer is already a rage in telugu...i guess thalaivar will use him more now after behka has been declared a chartbuster

btw where is naresh he seems to be missing ? in this soundtrack...next drop out ??

thamizhvaanan
27th November 2008, 11:19 AM
True ...thalaivar has already mentioned that he will help ppl in the initial stages... after that its upto the respective singers to build on it... karthik surely has done that ...if u have listened to the vennila kabvadi kuzhu songs u would rate him the best singer in town ...Karthik -mickey j meyer is already a rage in telugu...i guess thalaivar will use him more now after behka has been declared a chartbuster

btw where is naresh he seems to be missing ? in this soundtrack...next drop out ??

I can remember few other talents that ARR used heavily in one stage and later faded out of preference. Unni krishnan, Srinivas, Hariharan to name a few.

A.ANAND
27th November 2008, 11:19 AM
who is this meckey meyer?? :roll:

thamizhvaanan
27th November 2008, 11:20 AM
Between, my love for this album is now complete. Now I am really enjoying my least favourite track as well ... Aye Bachooo.... A superb album from thalaivar :notworthy:

My fav is lattooo :boo:

directhit
27th November 2008, 11:34 AM
TV - aye bachoo was ur least fav :? that was the song i got hooked to at first listen (though sung by a female voice :P)
Behka is growing big time esp after seeing with the visuals 8-)
enjoying Kaise Mujhe and Guzarish as well.
infact Latto seems to be the most un-rahmanish track for me

Yet another blockbuster album from Thalaivar :bow: :bow:

thineshan54321
27th November 2008, 12:09 PM
TV - aye bachoo was ur least fav :? that was the song i got hooked to at first listen (though sung by a female voice :P)

latoo was just like athiradee for me. first time i heard athiradee, i was like wth is this. doesnt makes sense, fast random music, boring whatever. and then when i listened to it like 3 times, omg nothing progressed like that track. for me after 5 listens, latoo i was like WOW. really a nice track. a combination of taxi taxi and athiradee with a female voice lol.

ajaybaskar
27th November 2008, 12:50 PM

I used to regret that ARR hasnt used him much offlate.. its hightime our music industry produces a singer stalwart for future, and he is the best of the lot right now. Both because of his voice and versatility

btw, kaise mujhe is a track tailor made for thalaivar - wonder why he gave it to benny :(

Maddy, Hope u had this doubt after listening to few high pitch lines in the song like "Oopervale.."

thineshan54321
27th November 2008, 12:52 PM

Maddy, Hope u had this doubt after listening to few high pitch lines in the song like "Oopervale.."

omg this would hav ebeen perfect with ARRs voice. damn it just thought about it now. would have been just like dil se re. arr and shreya, what else do u need?

dinesh2002
27th November 2008, 01:53 PM
guys, watch this.... a good work.... but watch it in " watch in high quality " option.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3OESDVXFAU

this is the song latoo from ghajini which i have mixed to crazy kiya re video from dhoom 2. something you guys can watch while awaiting the real video!! enjoy i hope!!

btw, my fren did this.... hehe :D

Reality
27th November 2008, 03:34 PM
Hi..dinesh .you are the one typed 'we are expecting a complete commercial track from rahman in ghajini..no experiments at all..
What happened it now :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
27th November 2008, 04:12 PM
Hi..dinesh .you are the one typed 'we are expecting a complete commercial track from rahman in ghajini..no experiments at all..
What happened it now :lol: :lol:

huh??? :huh: i dunno what ur talking about... when did i mentioned that and what does it have gotta do with my post above?? :confused2:

ajaybaskar
27th November 2008, 05:10 PM
One regret for the year is that only one track (Khwaja) sung by thalaivar.... And a what a track it is :notworthy: Meherbaan vittuteenga :wink:

He has also sung In JTYJN, Yuvvraj, Sakkarakatti. :shock:

ajaybaskar
27th November 2008, 05:16 PM
who is this meckey meyer?? :roll:

Mickey is a telugu music director whose music is very much rahmanish. Listen to his Arey rey from Happy Days. Honestly, its the song of 2007 in Telugu Cinema.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=yeD5xhPu0eI&feature=related

arsaregama
27th November 2008, 06:28 PM
He is not rahmanish... his arrangements are very simple....may be pre 2003 rahman :)

dinesh2002
27th November 2008, 06:59 PM
He is not rahmanish... his arrangements are very simple....may be pre 2003 rahman :)

dun think ARR's arrangement b4 2003 was simple either, isnt it?? :twisted:

arsaregama
27th November 2008, 08:01 PM
Welll i would call pre boys era and post boys era.. of arrangments...and that happened in 2003...

Guess_Me
27th November 2008, 11:31 PM
Mickey is a telugu music director whose music is very much rahmanish. Listen to his Arey rey from Happy Days. Honestly, its the song of 2007 in Telugu Cinema.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=yeD5xhPu0eI&feature=related
I love Mickey J Meyer's songs. I became his fan after listening to Lalijo (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tT1CZIqwQ) from Hare Ram. Then came Nisanga Nenena (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=-SiUJ-5_-uE) from Kotha Bangaru Lokam. Two lovely songs, both rendered beautifully by Karthik.

dinesh2002
28th November 2008, 03:50 PM
after listening to Ghajini Hindi songs for a few days... i must say...i dun think there can be any better song composed for the film.... im in love with Guzharish now.... awesome melody... Bekha IS ULTIMATE!!! seriously...... no doubt its the song of the year....!!!! Latoo and Aye Bachhoo is simply mind blowing... Kaise Mujhe another awesome duet.... Shreya needs to win an award for this song... though small portion, she rules with this song!!!

i have no doubt that this album is gonna be the anthem of North India after the film releases... mark my words.... Ghajini album is gonna make other albums run for their life....

Bekha is simply amazing... can anyone translate the song for me??

crajkumar_be
28th November 2008, 04:37 PM
karthik IMO best singer in tamilnadu now 8-)

I used to regret that ARR hasnt used him much offlate.. its hightime our music industry produces a
:exactly: I wonder why he persists with Benny.
This is one question i have of Rahman. I wonder what's his idea behind this seasonal thing (using a particular singer regularly for a period before moving tot he next)

united07
29th November 2008, 05:08 PM
Pucca!!!!

A.ANAND
29th November 2008, 05:20 PM
kaise mujhe!woooooow!wonderfull melody :musicsmile:

song of year!this song make me :cry3:

Yathu
29th November 2008, 11:56 PM
OK FINALLY listened to the album. After a couple of listens, I really like Guzarish and Bekha.

Aye Bachu is also good, but somethings bugging me about it. The starting tune, that comes throughout the song, it sounds VERY VERY familiar. I just can't think where i've heard it before. :? Its a rock song I think. :? :?

Im sure its deliberate sampling by ARR though. Hopefully... :lol:

Yathu
29th November 2008, 11:59 PM
Dearest (BAD) Moderator (NOV),

Please change the title of this thread from Kajri to Ghajini.

(Also add in Asin's name if you can :D )

Thanks.

music man
30th November 2008, 06:47 AM
Friends!!! My review on Ghajini here in
www.tamizh-isai.blogspot.com

music man
30th November 2008, 06:50 AM
OK FINALLY listened to the album. After a couple of listens, I really like Guzarish and Bekha.

Aye Bachu is also good, but somethings bugging me about it. The starting tune, that comes throughout the song, it sounds VERY VERY familiar. I just can't think where i've heard it before. Confused Its a rock song I think. Confused Confused

Im sure its deliberate sampling by ARR though. Hopefully...
Yathu!!! Even I felt the same....The distortion/lead guitars dangerously close to Maddy Maddy theme song...in Minnale(Greatly tweaked]IMMHO

A.ANAND
30th November 2008, 01:39 PM
Friends!!! My review on Ghajini here in
www.tamizh-isai.blogspot.com
good review! :notworthy:

thamizhvaanan
30th November 2008, 02:28 PM

Aye Bachu is also good, but somethings bugging me about it. The starting tune, that comes throughout the song, it sounds VERY VERY familiar. I just can't think where i've heard it before. Confused Its a rock song I think. Confused Confused

Im sure its deliberate sampling by ARR though. Hopefully...
Yathu!!! Even I felt the same....The distortion/lead guitars dangerously close to Maddy Maddy theme song...in Minnale(Greatly tweaked]IMMHO

Yathu, I think you are referring to Back in Black by AC/DC (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=tXaZmY52gHM). Yes it is similar. It is not sampling, just a short guitar peice.

Yathu
30th November 2008, 04:18 PM
The distortion/lead guitars dangerously close to Maddy Maddy theme song...in Minnale(Greatly tweaked]IMMHO

music_man, NOOOOOOOOOO...... :shock: :notthatway:

Yathu, I think you are referring to Back in Black by AC/DC (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=tXaZmY52gHM). Yes it is similar. It is not sampling, just a short guitar peice.

Thamizhvaanan, I was referring to the starting melody/ tune itself. The first 10 secs:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N0uLYjMe6Rc

The jum jum jum jumaka jumaaka jum.....bit. I think thats what the lyrics/ nonsense sounds are. :lol:

Maybe its a Michael Jackson song. :huh:

thamizhvaanan
30th November 2008, 10:28 PM
The distortion/lead guitars dangerously close to Maddy Maddy theme song...in Minnale(Greatly tweaked]IMMHO

music_man, NOOOOOOOOOO...... :shock: :notthatway:

Thamizhvaanan, I was referring to the starting melody/ tune itself. The first 10 secs:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N0uLYjMe6Rc

The jum jum jum jumaka jumaaka jum.....bit. I think thats what the lyrics/ nonsense sounds are. :lol:

Maybe its a Michael Jackson song. :huh:

u don have to spell out my long name :lol: u can call me thamizh instead :)

thamizhvaanan
30th November 2008, 10:42 PM

Lattoo is a pucca masala number n i m loving it to the core now. Not since boys days did i replay a track again n again n still feeling the irresistible itch to play it again. This song is like Sachin slog sweeping for a sixer... bass lines n beats r pretty traditional (do i hear rangola here ) lots of transitions... real fun :2thumbsup: Hope it becomes a rage like Ek dho theen.

Shreya is fantabulous here, queen of the song. I just love it when she goes yaaar yaar :musicsmile: n also "luft kyaa" ... :notworthy:

MumbaiRamki
30th November 2008, 11:53 PM
Bekka , Kaise Mujhe , Latoo rocks ! Liked it after multiple l listens

Yathu
1st December 2008, 03:19 AM
u don have to spell out my long name :lol: u can call me thamizh instead :)
But. . . .but. . . . its such a beautiful name.

directhit
1st December 2008, 07:12 AM
SDM has eclipsed Ghajini big time for me :oops: :P

A.ANAND
1st December 2008, 08:34 AM
SDM has eclipsed Ghajini big time for me :oops: :P
same me too!SDM another blockbuster hit after bombay dreams! :2thumbsup: :clap:

arsaregama
1st December 2008, 01:02 PM
H Sridhar the sound engineer of rahman sir right from roja passed away in the earlier hours today following a cardiac arrest

SoftSword
1st December 2008, 01:32 PM
SDM links please

SoftSword
1st December 2008, 01:32 PM
H Sridhar the sound engineer of rahman sir right from roja passed away in the earlier hours today following a cardiac arrest

oh thats a bad news!!

dinesh2002
1st December 2008, 04:09 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry: Bad news.....!!! RIP Sridar... !!!!

july
1st December 2008, 04:45 PM
SDM is great!!

Ghajini is not up to mark..none of the song hooked me... tamil version is better i think....

anyway SDM is my priority.. never expected Arr can come with wonderful score in SDM.

Remarkable..!!!!!!!!!!

Guess_Me
1st December 2008, 04:51 PM
Shreya is fantabulous here, queen of the song. I just love it when she goes yaaar yaar :musicsmile: n also "luft kyaa" ... :notworthy:
:thumbsup: That is my favorite portion too. The way she sings iyyyaaar, giving enough vibrato...it is too sexy to ignore.

sat_srini
4th December 2008, 08:42 PM
New promos

Guzarish (full song) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxKH1dOL4Y

Bachhu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUA52b_AxRA

SoftSword
4th December 2008, 08:49 PM
New promos

bacchu coreography is way excellent when compared to the tamil version...

Yathu
5th December 2008, 01:31 AM
New promos

bacchu coreography is way excellent when compared to the tamil version...

Yeah deffo! Really cool choreography! Asin.... :2thumbsup: