PDA

View Full Version : QUOTE LOG

Wibha
8th February 2007, 08:15 AM
hey all :D

in this thread v will have one Quote a day..you can tell wat you feel bout the quote, whether you agree or disagree and why......

TODAY' Quote

"All's fair in love and war"
Anonymous

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2007, 08:24 AM
good thread wibha :D

all is fair in love and war.

I DISAGREE.

I shall post my views, WHEN SOMEONE OPPOSES IT :)

madhu
8th February 2007, 08:26 AM
I tooooo disagree !

all is war in love

thats the real picture :(

Wibha
8th February 2007, 08:26 AM
actually even I disagree i have my reasons too :D

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2007, 08:28 AM
Fine lets wait if SOMEONE AGREES.

Else,

we would all write our reasons after waiting for say 7 to 8 hours :)

what say wibha?

Wibha
8th February 2007, 08:29 AM
sure :D

madhu anna :lol: but true :D

Sanguine Sridhar
8th February 2007, 08:30 AM
I agree 8-) :twisted:

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2007, 08:32 AM
Sridhar,

:D

explain :twisted: :P

Sanguine Sridhar
8th February 2007, 08:34 AM
KM..you know ladies first tell me why you disagree :huh: I agreed because you and madhu disagreed!! :lol2:

Wibha
8th February 2007, 08:35 AM
SS :banghead: please go ahead and tell us y u agreed

crazy
8th February 2007, 12:34 PM
I agree to some extend :)

why? donno :roll:

Badri
8th February 2007, 12:42 PM
If you are the person in love, or involved in the war, you will agree! Faced with the prospect of losing your beloved, or your life, you will suddenly find everything is fair, as long as you get your beloved/ save your life.

If you are negatively impacted by the love, or by the war, you will disagree!

Designer
8th February 2007, 01:37 PM
IMO, warfare is fair in love, but is all fair in love & war ?

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2007, 01:53 PM
In general terms,

NOTHING IS FAIR for all.

What is fair for me, wont be fair for u.

All is fair in love FOR LOVERS
All is fair in war FOR 2 PPL WHO REPRESENT WAR.

But for others (standing away from involved parties) IT IS NOT FAIR, if it INVOLVES their dissatisfaction.

So ,

ALL IS FAIR IN WAR - yes! (for those 2 parties alone)

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE - yes! (for the couple who are in love alone)

but IT NEED NOT AND WILL NOT BE FAIR, on others who gets affected because of these above parties.

SO, THIS QUOTE CANNOT BE GENERALISED.

When I become a lover, IT MAY BE FAIR FOR ME
When I become a party who is fighting, ITS FAIR FOR ME, else as an outsider, or as a 3rd party who is involved AND GETS DISTURBED IN UNFAIR WAY,

this quote IS NOT TRUE

pavalamani pragasam
8th February 2007, 02:23 PM
A pattimanram thread- a place for war of wits/nuts, a chance to argue for argument's sake! :wink: :clap:

Sanguine Sridhar
8th February 2007, 02:33 PM
How do you say it is unfair KM?
Love .. Say I am in love with a girl and she is in love with me and we both understand each other and we feel that we can lead a good life, What's unfair in this? I feel the disputes which comes in between in my and her personal, is absolutely unfair.
So do you say Caste,religion,status or someother which comes in between two very good and pure heart is fair?? Endha ooru gyayam?? :twisted:

War.. once again no soldiers fight and die for their own happiness..they are doing for their nation's pride! Appo namma naatukkaga sethu pona soldiers ellam unfair-a? Namma freedom fighters? Yosinga Yosinga :twisted:

pavalamani pragasam
8th February 2007, 02:39 PM
The means/paths/strategies/ lies/falsehoods/manouvres/treasons/treacheries sought to WIN in love or war is the topic- whether they need be fair or unfair!

thamizhvaanan
8th February 2007, 05:24 PM
All is fair in love ? :lol2:
A loves B, B and C are in love with each other. A says my love is pure and that C is a karadi. So he kills the karadi ... fair enough? :fishgrin:

All is fair in war ? who said war is fair, whatever the excuse we give for war! :boo:

Designer
8th February 2007, 06:48 PM
i feel the quote is subjective for the person(s) involved in a situation of love or war. if i am asked to vote, i will say the quote is false.

thamizhvaanan
8th February 2007, 07:43 PM
Designer, everything in this world is subjective. The question is, to what extent? :D

But there are certain notions that are subjective to an extent that they no longer seem acceptable when viewed from a wider perspective. Having said that, I will also say that no perspective is wide enough :lol2:

I too go by you designer :thumbsup:

PS: I dont think this saying is intended to define a moral stance. I guess it is more of a commentary on egocentric nature of a lover and on an individual surrendering to a social contract incase of a soldier.

Designer
8th February 2007, 08:15 PM
Designer, everything in this world is subjective. The question is, to what extent? :D

But there are certain notions that are subjective to an extent that they no longer seem acceptable when viewed from a wider perspective. Having said that, I will also say that no perspective is wide enough :lol2:

I too go by you designer :thumbsup:

PS: I dont think this saying is intended to define a moral stance. I guess it is more of a commentary on egocentric nature of a lover and on an individual surrendering to a social contract incase of a soldier.

TV : nice, & i agree with your statement, except maybe the phrase 'egocentric nature'. maybe one should say 'heart centric situation of a lover' ! :)

thamizhvaanan
8th February 2007, 08:54 PM
TV : nice, & i agree with your statement, except maybe the phrase 'egocentric nature'. maybe one should say 'heart centric situation of a lover' ! :lol: both are same IMO. you mean to say that since the lover acts according to his heart, rather than his brain, he cant be accused of chosing to be egocentric, coz there is no cognitive decision involved.

But to me, his choice of forsaking conscience itself is egocentric, since he is avoiding his moral responsibility.

Anyway, its a point of debate only if we consider the quote as a suggestive moral principle. I see it as a commentary, so no probs :lol2:

Designer
8th February 2007, 09:37 PM
TV : valid point :thumbsup:

temporary sori-Observer
8th February 2007, 09:37 PM
But to me, his choice of forsaking conscience itself is egocentric, since he is avoiding his moral responsibility.
Anyway, its a point of debate only if we consider the quote as a suggestive moral principle. I see it as a commentary, so no probs :lol2:
[tscii:bda1400550]Á¡¨¼¿£ «¼ì¸¢Òð§¼, Áɨº þø¦Ä
Á¡Î§À¡ø ÁɺР¾Å¢ì¸¢Ð.
Á¡ð¨¼¿£ ¦¾¡ð¼Ð§À¡ø Áɨºò ¦¾¡Î
ÁÉ;¡ý ¨¸Â¢ À¼òÐÊìÌÐ![/tscii:bda1400550]

(second)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.5595/

Lambretta
8th February 2007, 09:46 PM
All is fair in war ? who said war is fair, whatever the excuse we give for war! :boo:
Hmm.......check these out:

http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/war/

pavalamani pragasam
8th February 2007, 10:45 PM
At this juncture I can't help remembering Chanakya & his formulation for winning- 4 routes of 'saama', dhaana', 'bEdha' & 'dhanda'. A worldly-wise cunning to win by hook or crook.

Wibha
9th February 2007, 06:16 AM
atlast lemme state my view :D

i disagree like SP akka says

nothing's fair

LIFE is itself not fair.love and war which are just the smallest part of life can NEVER be fair.........so nothing's fair :D

Wibha
9th February 2007, 06:22 AM
Today's Quote

"Better to be a has-been than a never-was"

-Reynolds

Shakthiprabha.
9th February 2007, 08:47 AM
The means/paths/strategies/ lies/falsehoods/manouvres/treasons/treacheries sought to WIN in love or war is the topic- whether they need be fair or unfair!

Sridhar,

Uve not understood the quote in its sense.

REfer pp maam's explanation of the quote.

That says what quote meant.

Shakthiprabha.
9th February 2007, 08:49 AM
Today's Quote

-Reynolds

Again a generalised one.

We can take, what we want for 'HAS BEEN' seat.

I agree, if its UR PASSION.

Almost similar to

'BETTER LATE THAN NEVER?'

:?

Surya
9th February 2007, 08:49 AM

I DISAGREE.

I OPPOSE! :twisted: (Not really, I just wanna read ur views in detail. :P )

pavalamani pragasam
9th February 2007, 08:52 AM
Some wise words to boost self-confidence & to heal bruised ego, perhaps!

Surya
9th February 2007, 09:01 AM
Herez one which'll get some steam chimneys going. :lol2: A Bit Unconventional when compared to the others posted here. :oops:

"A liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after." -- Gloria Steinem

:lol2:

Wibha
9th February 2007, 09:02 AM

I DISAGREE.

surya :lol:

Wibha
9th February 2007, 09:06 AM
Today's Quote

-Reynolds

i agree with dis..as i compare this with

SOMETHING is better than nothing......... even if your known for something bad u set an example and make people realise not to do the bad things....... so its' always better to be a has been than the never-was

pavalamani pragasam
9th February 2007, 09:08 AM
Surya, that is a notorious, untrue notion about 'liberated' woman! Not worthy of a generalisation! :angry2:

Surya
9th February 2007, 09:11 AM
Surya, that is a notorious, untrue notion about 'liberated' woman! Not worthy of a generalisation! :angry2:

:lol:

Hmm..Okay, well if u say so. :P JK! I know! :D

That quote is from another Woman btw. :P

Wibha
9th February 2007, 09:14 AM

"EVERY RULE HAS AN EXCEPTION"

pavalamani pragasam
9th February 2007, 09:15 AM
A person not worthy of the name, definitely! :twisted:

Surya
10th February 2007, 03:37 AM
:shock:

Gloria Steinem (b. March 25, 1934) is an American feminist icon, journalist, and women's rights advocate. She is the founder and original publisher of Ms. magazine.

Surya
10th February 2007, 03:42 AM
Well...Here's the Original and a list Distortion. Which one makes more sense?

It's Better To Have Loved and Lost, Than To Have Not Loved At All. :cry: - I Forget Who...

Distorted Version:

It's better to have loved and lost than to do forty pounds of laundry a week. -- Laurence J Peter :lol2:

It's strange how I remember the name of the guy who Distorted it as opposed to the name of the guy who came up with the Original. :roll:

pavalamani pragasam
10th February 2007, 07:58 AM
Where do you get such perverted tag lines?!

Shakthiprabha.
10th February 2007, 08:03 AM
"A liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after." -- Gloria Steinem

Well, is LIBERATION all to do and end with when and with who a woman is having sex/job?

THen, TRIBALS are the real liberated ppl !

According to me, LIBERATION IS MUCH MORE THAN THAT.

I DISAGREE with this, though I prefer to be tight lipped, regarding the person who said it. ITS ALL FREE WORLD, shez expressed her views!

Shakthiprabha.
10th February 2007, 08:06 AM

It's Better To Have Loved and Lost, Than To Have Not Loved At All. :cry: - I Forget Who...

Distorted Version:

It's better to have loved and lost than to do forty pounds of laundry a week. -- Laurence J Peter :lol2:

It's strange how I remember the name of the guy who Distorted it as opposed to the name of the guy who came up with the Original. :roll:

Lol, always originals lose validity, fakes remain to stay :D

acc to me,

BOTH MAKE SENSE :D

Wibha
10th February 2007, 08:08 AM

surya's so bored dat he searches for perverted stuff :lol:

Surya
10th February 2007, 08:18 AM

Perverted? :? What's perverted about that? :huh:

Reg ur ? I have a book which has a buncha funny quotes, ranging on Subjects from Politics, Racism, Jobs, Sexism, etc etc. :oops:

Surya
10th February 2007, 08:19 AM

Well, is LIBERATION all to do and end with when and with who a woman is having sex/job?

THen, TRIBALS are the real liberated ppl !

According to me, LIBERATION IS MUCH MORE THAN THAT.

I DISAGREE with this, though I prefer to be tight lipped, regarding the person who said it. ITS ALL FREE WORLD, shez expressed her views!

:notworthy: :yes:

Surya
10th February 2007, 08:20 AM

Distorted Version:

acc to me,

BOTH MAKE SENSE :D

:yes: :yes:

See...They ain't Perverted. :huh: 8-)

Surya
10th February 2007, 08:21 AM

I don't spend all my time Googling for things like this and PICS OF THE GAWJES MADDY AND SIDDHU like some ppl do!! :poke: :poke:

So Shut The Trap! :angry2: Or else I'll have to Contact Omkar again, or that other BF of urs from India. :twisted:

pavalamani pragasam
10th February 2007, 08:29 AM
What a lot of trash, utter rubbish are thrust upon us in the name of freedom speech & 'progress' all the time deplorably slipping down to the 'tribal' ,nay, beasts' level!! :angry2:

Surya, almost all new-fangled ideas about sex & life I happen to hear from the western world, propmtly echoed in the other hemisphere, are perversions according to my good sense! :(

Surya
10th February 2007, 08:29 AM
Is this just a Generalization or actually true? :lol2:

I'm not gonna put forth my opinion on this...

Women have a passion for mathematics. They divide their age in half, double the price of their clothes, and always add at least five years to the age of their best friend. - I forget who...

Surya
10th February 2007, 08:34 AM
What a lot of trash, utter rubbish are thrust upon us in the name of freedom speech & 'progress' all the time deplorably slipping down to the 'tribal' ,nay, beasts' level!! :angry2:

:omg: Ouch! That's a little rough don't u think? :huh: These things r just for fun! :P

Surya, almost all new-fangled ideas about sex & life I happen to hear from the western world, propmtly echoed in the other hemisphere, are perversions according to my good sense! :(

Oh...Okay...:oops: :shock:

Well...would Generation Gap be a justification for the Younger Westerners, and their Torch Bearers? :P Because Many American ppl who are elderly, or even ppl who were considered young in the 70's get a bit heated up when they hear these things also. :cry: It's just for fun, I don't see why anyone would get offended or angry @ the direction Society was going in.

In the 70's there were proly elderly ppl who were against what was seen as western influence or the direction society was going in back then right? Societies changed back then, and they still continue to do so now right? :) Or am I wrong and Way Off? :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
10th February 2007, 08:38 AM
Is this just a Generalization or actually true? :lol2:

I'm not gonna put forth my opinion on this...

Women have a passion for mathematics. They divide their age in half, double the price of their clothes, and always add at least five years to the age of their best friend. - I forget who...

Thats Generalization :D

Most women DO IT!

Some women (for example me :D I do go around telling my age to every 3rd person who asks me) DONT go by those!

They value themselves INSPITE OF THEIR AGE, INSPITE OF THEIR CLOTHES and their best friend's age :P

Surya
10th February 2007, 08:50 AM
Okay SP Akka. :)

If someone were to say that all Women feel this way, would that be a generalization? :P

"Men are simple things. They can survive a whole weekend with only three things: beer, boxer shorts and batteries for the remote control.."
Diana Jordan.

Because I've heard many women quoting this..just wondering what the word actually is abt us on the street. :roll:

Wibha
10th February 2007, 08:53 AM

I don't spend all my time Googling for things like this and PICS OF THE GAWJES MADDY AND SIDDHU like some ppl do!! :poke: :poke:

So Shut The Trap! :angry2: Or else I'll have to Contact Omkar again, or that other BF of urs from India. :twisted:

pazheya vishayatha kelaradhea :hammer:

who's OMKAR?and dat Best frnd of mine? :poke:

i dont' google adhavea vandhu kannula padaradhu..

back to the topic

Shakthiprabha.
10th February 2007, 09:22 PM
If someone were to say that all Women feel this way, would that be a generalization? :P

oh yeah! too large to encompass the whole womanhood

"Men are simple things. They can survive a whole weekend with only three things: beer, boxer shorts and batteries for the remote control.."
Diana Jordan.

Because I've heard many women quoting this..just wondering what the word actually is abt us on the street. :roll:

Generalisation again.

BUT HOLDS GOOD TO A GREAT EXTENT :D :D :D

Lambretta
11th February 2007, 07:43 PM
Uh, hey wats going on here? Things seem to be gettin a littl heated up..? :oops: :(

Hmm....I guess 'all' wud indicate a generalization? :roll: :huh: :?

Hmm.......well, I'm never into beer, dont like boxer shorts (infact waist-down am into only veshtis @ home....:P) & the only batteries I'd need most r for my digital camera (usually for taking pics. of my car/old vehicles or 'surprise' ones of my mom wen I jus want to bug her! :P :lol:).....

Lambretta
11th February 2007, 07:47 PM
Generalisation again.

BUT HOLDS GOOD TO A GREAT EXTENT :D :D :D
:poke: :lol:

*DIG: KK akka, unga present avtaar ku make-up konjum adhikama iruku! :roll: :tongueout: :oops:

pavalamani pragasam
11th February 2007, 10:25 PM
'konjum'? understatement! :lol:

Lambretta
11th February 2007, 11:09 PM
:lol: :exactly: :P

Lambretta
11th February 2007, 11:13 PM
Very much true as in the case of spares for old vehicles.... :roll: :oops:

Designer
12th February 2007, 10:09 AM
"Honesty is the best policy"

How far does this hold true? Harishchandra's wife & son had to suffer immensely because of his sticking to this policy. On the other hand Mahatma Gandhi swore by this like a dictum, and his honesty won over many opponents. Disect, bisect, vivisect & analyse this proverb, and post your opinions on the truth/lie(s) in this statement, and also its relevance/validity today.

pavalamani pragasam
12th February 2007, 12:13 PM
oru poyyai maraikka onbathu poy sollanum, athukku unmaiyai sollittaa nallatthu!

Designer
12th February 2007, 01:08 PM
PP madam : 'aayiram poyyai solli oru kalyaaNam paNNalaam' enRu pazhamozhi irukkirathE. suppose by telling a lie, it will help somebody to a great extent, or by telling the truth one is going to cause harm to another person, in such situations is it not better to tell lies? :)

pavalamani pragasam
12th February 2007, 01:22 PM
First, lie is cleverly defined= vaaymai enappaduvathu yaathenin yaathonrum theemaiyilathu solal!

Designer
12th February 2007, 01:31 PM
PP madam, you'll have to translate it for me bcos i am not familiar with Thirukkural (?) :-|

pavalamani pragasam
12th February 2007, 01:53 PM
vaaymai=truth. Truth is something that does not harm! This implies lie is not ruled out so long as it is not adverse to anybody. Aayiram poy solli kalyaanam ithil adangumO?

Designer
12th February 2007, 02:05 PM
so, this definition of truth is different from what's generally perceived as honesty isnt it? and that means, Honesty is not always the best policy! :)

wbbl

pavalamani pragasam
12th February 2007, 05:24 PM
But I would say honesty is convenient & comfortable- madiyil kanamirunthaal vaziyil bayam!

crazy
13th February 2007, 01:45 AM
so, this definition of truth is different from what's generally perceived as honesty isnt it? and that means, Honesty is not always the best policy! :)

:exactly: Honesty is the best policy not the only policy :roll:

Designer
13th February 2007, 06:31 AM
But I would say honesty is convenient & comfortable- madiyil kanamirunthaal vaziyil bayam!

I agree that its convenient, bcos one neednt remember what to tell whom when telling the truth - it comes naturally. but telling a lie requires effort, & one has to think carefully as to what to say, how to say the lie, etc !

:exactly: Honesty is the best policy not the only policy :roll:

Vaasi : i agree its a good policy, but have doubts whether its the Best policy always. :)

Wibha
13th February 2007, 09:25 AM
designer anna :yes: honesty is neer the best policy there are times wen only lie can save u

Designer
13th February 2007, 10:44 AM
designer anna :yes: honesty is neer the best policy there are times wen only lie can save u

very true :)

Shakthiprabha.
13th February 2007, 07:36 PM
pp maam, lambretta,

:twisted:

whats the discussion bout over make up of my avtar.

JUST LOOK AT HER! SHE is all natural, like a daughter of MOTHER NATURE :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
13th February 2007, 07:37 PM
"Honesty is the best policy"

NAH! I DISAGREE

AND

does not matter, if I aint related to harischandra (though I respect his views and attitude umpteen million times :oops; )

Lambretta
13th February 2007, 08:38 PM
pp maam, lambretta,

:twisted:

whats the discussion bout over make up of my avtar.

JUST LOOK AT HER! SHE is all natural, like a daughter of MOTHER NATURE :wink:
Ohh.......avtaar maathitengla?? Tat was clever! :roll: :P :lol:

Lambretta
13th February 2007, 08:44 PM
does not matter, if I aint related to harischandra (though I respect his views and attitude umpteen million times :oops; )
R u referring to the same Raja Harishchandra who was said to've sold his wife in a bazaar jus to keep up his word? :roll: :x

Shakthiprabha.
13th February 2007, 09:28 PM
yup he was true to the core.

TRUTH is good, best TO LOVED ONES.

Truth which is BITTER to unknown person IS BETTER AVOIDED.

As much as possible, BETTER NOT TO HURT THEM by telling things on face,

OFCOURSE if they are dear or closer or loved ones, THEN HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY UNDOUBTEDLY.

Designer
13th February 2007, 10:08 PM
so, SP dont you agree that 'Honesty is the Best policy' is a highly generalised saying and is very much subjective/contextual?

Shakthiprabha.
13th February 2007, 10:18 PM
yup.

It IS THE BEST POLICY, AS LONG AS U DONT HURT OTHERS.

I believe

Honesty is the BEST POLICY

AND..

poimaiyum vaaymaiyidathE
purai theerntha nanmai payakkum enin.

Shakthiprabha.
13th February 2007, 10:22 PM
Surya,

:shock: :shaking:

I hope Im brave enough to ignore ur avtar on days when my hus is on tour

:shaking:

Designer
13th February 2007, 10:25 PM
yup.

I believe

AND..

poimaiyum vaaymaiyidathE

SP, intha 'kural'-in viLakkam sollungaLEn

Surya
14th February 2007, 03:42 AM
Surya,

:shock: :shaking:

I hope Im brave enough to ignore ur avtar on days when my hus is on tour

:shaking:

:shaking: I hope I'm brave Enough to sit through the movie which is releasing on Friday. :shaking:

Surya
14th February 2007, 03:46 AM
What abt this: Agree? Disagree?

The secret source of humour itself is not joy, but sorrow. There is no humour in heaven. - I think it's Mark Twain.

crazy
14th February 2007, 11:32 PM

The secret source of humour itself is not joy, but sorrow. There is no humour in heaven. - I think it's Mark Twain.

agree :) .................heaven, it doesn't concern me!

Wibha
15th February 2007, 07:55 AM
TOday's Quote

"Love is the irresistable desire to be loved irresistably" :D

crazy
15th February 2007, 01:52 PM
TOday's Quote

no idea, no experiences :cry2:

Wibha
16th February 2007, 08:41 AM
TOday's Quote

no idea, no experiences :cry2:

:lol: experience tevai illai :roll:

i kinda agree..e'one wants to b loved.........but i kinda dont :confused2:

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 04:18 PM
yup.

I believe

AND..

poimaiyum vaaymaiyidathE

well ok. PL, intha 'kural'-in viLakkam sollungaLEn :)

oh well lets not take it word by word...

over all meaning can be recollected as below

poimaiyum = POIYUM KOODA
vaimai idathE = unmai pola thaan
purai theerntha = not sure but I suppose its somethning WHICH CAN BE DERIVED FROM THE CONTEXT

lets say "EXTREME" or "FLAWLESS" etc

nanmai= nallathu
payakkum enin= would result in, KODUKKUM ENDRAAL

__

poiyum kooda unmai pola thaan
if it would result in flawless or large scale benefit

:roll: oops:

Point however is, IT SHOULD BENEFIT OTHERS, not ourselves :D
namakku nallathu enbatharkkaga POI SOLRATHU THAPPU. :P

If its beneficial for others, then, SUCH LIE is not a lie at all.

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 04:23 PM

well... :? :roll:

may be sorrow and joy are but two sides of the same coin.
So, when u are UNHAPPY, then only u experience a differrence, WHEN U SHIFT TO HAPPINESS. :?

so sourse of humour is SORROW not joy.

I agree! :confused:

There is NO humour in heaven.

wELL MAY BE just no humour or unhappiness, BUT BALANCED STATE, thats heaven :roll:

I find MORE PHILOSOPHY in these quotes. May be my understanding is not ripe :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2007, 04:25 PM
TOday's Quote

yup.. :)

mortal love YES.

matured love IS TO JUST shower love, WITHOUT EXPECTING IT IN RETURN.

example : mother theresa etc :|

We are but mortals, WITH normal mind, yes, LOVE IS A DESIRE TO BE LOVED TOO, unless we explore and analyse ourselves AND conclude..

LOVE NEED NOT BE BEGGED.

If u have it in ABUNDANCE, just share it. Do not expect it in return

Designer
17th February 2007, 12:01 PM
---

Wibha
23rd February 2007, 09:54 AM
Today's Quote

"Every generation makes fun of the old generation, but religiously follows the new"
-Chase

Shakthiprabha.
23rd February 2007, 02:38 PM
Today's Quote

"Every generation makes fun of the new generation,

I agree!

I rememeber reading a quote which says similar to

"these generation ppl are useless, no respect to elders, no ethics, moral values blah blah"

then the foot note said, IT WAS SAID BY SOME PERSON IN 14th century :D :D

but religiously follows the new

Not quite. Most remain and live in their own generation (NEITHER old NOR NEW) and REFUSE to admire, adore or follow new generic tihngs (except TECHNOLOGICAL IMPROVEMENTS OR comforts ALONE)

Lambretta
23rd February 2007, 06:03 PM
Today's Quote

"Every generation makes fun of the new generation, but religiously follows the new"
-Chase
Hey I've kept this quote as my signature in my email! :D
Altho I found it to be said by Thoreau & it actually goes like, every gen. makes fun of the old gen......:confused2: :roll:

chevy
23rd February 2007, 10:19 PM

I DISAGREE.

surya :lol: hehe

chevy
23rd February 2007, 10:22 PM

"EVERY RULE HAS AN EXCEPTION" that's a quote from someone who thinks it's funny .. but it ain't

thamizhvaanan
23rd February 2007, 10:27 PM
"EVERY RULE HAS AN EXCEPTION" that's a quote from someone who thinks it's funny .. but it ain't I think that quote is more true than funny :roll:

crazy
24th February 2007, 09:44 PM
Today's Quote
"Every generation makes fun of the old generation, but religiously follows the new"

agree

not sure :)

Surya
28th February 2007, 02:13 AM
Try This! :twisted:

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

crazy
28th February 2007, 02:18 AM

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

It's all greek to me :lol2:

Wibha
28th February 2007, 04:33 AM

speak english

Surya
28th February 2007, 05:20 AM

speak english

I guess this explains ur B in English! :lol2:

Surya
28th February 2007, 05:20 AM

It's all greek to me :lol2:

:huh: :lol2:

Wibha
28th February 2007, 07:37 AM
:roll: i told u i got a 91% which is an A :hammer:

anyways back to topic..... ur quote

pavalamani pragasam
28th February 2007, 08:25 AM
Either way an achievement! :lol: A fulfilment! :rotfl2:

Wibha
30th March 2007, 07:19 AM
i found this quote

Friendship is love minus sex plus reason.Love is friendship plus sex minus reason

- Cooley

NOV
4th October 2007, 09:57 AM
1. Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall.

2. Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman, but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.

3. It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

4. It breaks your heart to see the one you love is happy with someone else, but it's more painful to know that the one you love is unhappy with you.

5. If love is the answer, can you please repeat the question?

6. Faith makes all things possible. Love makes them easy. I believe that to truly Love, is the ultimate expression of the will to live. A heart that truly loves is forever young.

7. Love me now, love me never, but if you love me, love me forever.

8. Three things of life that are most valuable - Love, self-confidence & friends.

9. To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.

10. Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying, is exactly the one making you cry?

11. Many a young lady does not realize just how strong her love for a young man is until he fails to pass the approval test with her parents.

12. Is it better for a woman to marry a man who loves her than a man she loves.

13. Give her two red roses, each with a note. The first note says 'For the woman I love' and the second, 'For my best friend.'

14. A good marriage is like a casserole, only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.

15. Love, true love, is that which can give the most without asking or demanding anything in return.

16. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.

17. Love cures people -- both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.

18. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.

19. It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.

20. When they asked me what I loved most about life, I smiled and said you.

21. Just because you know someone doesn't mean you love them, and just because you don't know people doesn't mean you can't love them. You can fall in love with a complete stranger in a heartbeat, if God planned that route for you. So open your heart to strangers more often. You never know when God will throw that pass at you.

22. Love... What is love? Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.

23. Why do you say you love me, if you are only going to leave me?

24. Love is like a river, always changing, but always finding you again somewhere down the road.

25. Love is a language spoken by everyone, but understood only by a heart.

26. It doesn't take a reason to love someone, but it does to like someone. You don't love someone because you want to, you love someone because you are destined too. It's because you fall in Love with them, that you then try to find a reason, but you always come up with the answer, No reason!

crazy
4th October 2007, 11:49 AM
All you need is love :musicsmile: