PDA

View Full Version : ARR RECEIVES SWARALAYA AWARD

padmanabha
13th February 2007, 07:59 PM
[tscii:54ede7f97c]“Rs. 50- that was my first earning” reminisce A R Rehman, renowned composer. He was in the capital city to receive SWARALAYA Yesudas Award.
:o
“When I was operated 12 I operated a record player as directed by M K Arjunan a close associate of R K SEKHAR, father of ARR. That was my first remuneration” disclosed he in presence of an array of leading singers, composers and lyricist. The function was held at SOORYKANTHI auditorium. :D

On entering the upbeat auditorium, he waved his hands and sang a few lines from the Manirtnam film Guru. :x

Yesudas while talking on the occasion remembered Bharanikkavu sivakumar who passed away a few days ago. “Rehman at 8 set to tune Sivakumar’s lyrics “ushaso? Sandhyayo? Sundari…?” ARR scaled new heights because of hard work only, said yesudas. The presence of ARR’s mother Karina Beegum and M K Arjunan, who had long association with R K Sekhar, added color to the function. Karina Beegum was honored by Prabha Yesudas. :D

Mattannur Sankarankutty and his team, gave a special honor to ARR, presented unique percussion performance. :)
“Sekahr passed away leaving behind a treasure and that is ARR” said M K Arjunan.
On reaching the venue, ARR, walked up to MK Arjunan, and greeted him. M K overwhelmed. Elated he held him close and said “he came with chinna chinna asai. Now his skill has touched incredible heights.” :D
K S CHITRA, M G RADAHKRISHNAN, SUJATHA, SADHANA SARGAM, UNNIKRISHNAN, UNNI MENON, ARUNDHATI, CHITRA IYER AND MANJARI too were present on the occasion.
The award consists of one lakh rupees, a citation, and a sculpture designed by kanayi kunjuraman. The function was followed by music night
[/tscii:54ede7f97c]