PDA

View Full Version : AR || Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na | Abbas Tyrewala | Imran Khan ||

Pages : 1 [2]

ansa400
26th July 2008, 02:59 PM
Kahin to hogi ho :notworthy: Superb melody. My current fav in the album. Who else likes this song here?

Count me in.... this one is a super cool song...Bryan Adams style composition... The best part of this song is the voice of Vasundhara das, though only for a couple of lines...My fav. from the album...

Guess_Me
26th July 2008, 11:19 PM
Kahin to hogi ho :notworthy: Superb melody. My current fav in the album. Who else likes this song here?

Me too. My pick from JTYJN. Haunting melody. Both singers did a fabulous job.

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 08:43 AM

Me too. My pick from JTYJN. Haunting melody. Both singers did a fabulous job.

add me in. its my fav song in jtyjn.

Yathu
27th July 2008, 10:50 PM
Yeh Kahin To is beautiful.....but it reminds me of another song....tune wise....especially that starting bit....just can't think what it is. :S

(Im not sure if this has been discussed already, if so please ignore :lol:)

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 10:54 PM
Yeh Kahin To is beautiful.....but it reminds me of another song....tune wise....especially that starting bit....just can't think what it is. :S

there are many songs like this thats played in school graduation, reunions etc. initially i thot it was that kinda song.

prasana84
27th July 2008, 11:12 PM

The song reminds me of khoon chala from rdb i mean the style.

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 11:21 PM

The song reminds me of khoon chala from rdb i mean the style.

its the powerful cello in the background as the harmony that gives it that style. check this by vitamin C: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GGZ0mDQc3rQ

*again u can notice very powerful, moving cello playing the background as harmony and so that same feeling. by moving i mean, the notes played by the cello changes often. even in kahin to there is a very distinct cello sound throughout the song as is there in khoon chala.

Ramakrishna
29th July 2008, 01:24 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=znns26gTeEY&feature=related

Kahin to hogi woh on piano

united07
29th July 2008, 07:19 PM
http://www.indiafm.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/TJ3N8j57/3/Jaane-Tu-Mera-Kya-Hai-Jaane-Tu-Ya-Jaane-Na.html

Newly added song

thineshan54321
29th July 2008, 11:26 PM
http://www.indiafm.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/TJ3N8j57/3/Jaane-Tu-Mera-Kya-Hai-Jaane-Tu-Ya-Jaane-Na.html

Newly added song

beautifully shot. more than that, it gels with the situation perfectly. i am not sure how they had the heart to cut that out...
hollywood music video style picturization.

SVN
30th July 2008, 05:10 PM
digression... isn't Jaane Tu a copy of the Malayalam Niram (*ing Shalini and Boban)? In Tamil it was remade officially as Piriyada Varam Vendum I think?

A.ANAND
8th August 2008, 02:42 PM
[tscii:026e1d75a7]Jaane tu ya Jaane na soundtrack reviewed

Aadil Bhoja, HRM Jaane tu ya jaane na
Artist: Various
Music Director: AR Rahman
Lyricist: Various
Label: T-Series
Genre: Bollywood

Review:
Unlike the other debutants this year (Sikander Kher, Mimoh), Aamir Khan's nephew Imran Khan is at least guaranteed a refined soundtrack for his new movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. Why? The music department rests on the broad shoulders of A. R. Rahman, that's why. When one has the combination of Aamir Khan (Producer), Abbas Tyrewala, who is making his directorial debut, and A. R. Rahman, half the battle is already won.

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na is a coming-of-age romantic film. Considering the theme, the music is appropriate, there are a lot of variations and many new voices also feature. None of the three (Aamir, Abbas, Rahman) are known to follow the beaten track so the experimentation with the music was expected.

The first song ‘Kabhie kabhie aditi zindagi’ grows on you after each listening. For a debutante, a fresh voice was required and Rahman has recruited newcomer Rashid Ali. The song sounds new and refreshing, though not because of the vocalist. It has more to do with the trendy beats and the clean sound of the guitar. The Hindi-English lyrics are not mindless and they manage to conjure up images of a cosmopolitan society.

Another newcomer Runa Rizwi sings the song ‘Jaane tu mera kya hai’, while Rahman favourite Sukhwinder Singh lends his voice too. Slightly sad and melancholic, the singers do ample justice to the songs. It is somewhat on the lines of ‘Nahin saamne’ from Taal. The heavy orchestrations work to its advantage.

The only song that has a re-mixed version on the album is the oddly-worded ‘Pappu Can’t Dance’. It is targeted at club-goers and you won’t hear anyone saying this about Rahman’s work very often, but it is slightly disappointing. Though the lyrics make it sound like a situational song, and if picturized well, it might be able to do well with clubbers.

Another typical college song is ‘Nazren milana’, sung by Naresh Iyer (of ‘Roobaru’ fame) along with hordes of newcomers. A little slow in tempo, this song delivers much more than ‘Pappu can’t dance’. With pleasing guitars and an equally-audible harmonica, it will make you want to tap your feet.

The song ‘Tu bole main bolun’ is sort of a first for Rahman, it may even be a first for Bollywood. With a jazz vibe, this one is heavily laced with trumpet solos and soft beats. Sung by Rahman himself, this one won’t make it big with those who are unwilling to listen to it more than a five to six times. It is really great to hear a different genre of music introduced to mainstream Hindi cinema.

The slowest track in terms of tempo is also the best song on the album – ‘Kahin to hogi’. The song excels mainly because of a good melody and great lyrics. Rashid Ali’s vocals are much better here. This soft number manages to alleviate the album.

Because of his willingness to try new things, Rahman comes out on top yet again. Although, as is the case with almost all his albums, there’s too much to analyze and the songs will probably reveal themselves in their full glory much later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/tscii:026e1d75a7]

prasana84
8th August 2008, 08:29 PM

Newly added song

beautifully shot. more than that, it gels with the situation perfectly. i am not sure how they had the heart to cut that out...
hollywood music video style picturization.

Ethellam oru business trick :lol:

rashid2raj
21st August 2008, 02:41 PM
The climax BGM in the airport is just brriliant !!! Wouw.

lancelot
21st August 2008, 03:31 PM
i was told that the extra song was added to the movie, havent still watched the movie, it never came to cinemas here :(

so i will get the DVD once its out, but i think the pirated copy is available. so i can go get it, but want it with the extra song.

can someone tell me the time in the movie where the song plays. so i can check in the shop itself if the song is available in the DVD.

thanx a bunch

hehe
:D

Ramakrishna
17th October 2008, 06:47 PM
Jaane tu Ya Jaane Na BGMs

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtyt2ovnhjo

ajaybaskar
19th November 2008, 05:11 PM
Meghna's Intro theme is my pick.... :musicsmile:

Scale
18th December 2008, 01:26 AM
Salim Merchant (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/dec/16salim-merchant-on-rabne-music.htm) of Salim Sulaiman Duo

Which film, according to you, had the best music this year?
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was the best.

:2thumbsup: Good choice there.

Yathu
28th December 2008, 12:45 AM
Vote for "Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi Mein" (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) for NDTV song of the year:

http://movies.ndtv.com/songoftheyear08.aspx

MADDY
28th December 2008, 09:50 AM
Vote for "Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi Mein" (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) for NDTV song of the year:

http://movies.ndtv.com/songoftheyear08.aspx

same here :)

A.ANAND
28th December 2008, 11:36 AM
ARR WINS ''POGO AMAZING KIDS AWARD''

http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/India/20081225/1136943.html

A.ANAND
31st December 2008, 02:56 PM
JTYJN: Best of 2008 as per MSN.com

JTYJN has bagged the No.1 spot for 2008's best albums. Ghajini comes at
the 3rd position while second is Singh is King.

I actually see a very stiff compeition between Ghajini and JTYJN. It's
been really hard to choose the better one between the two. And so if I
had to chose amongst them if Yuvraaj was contesting too.

Ghajini ranking after Singh is King (frowning a bit)...I really don't
think so. Ghajini has got a standard much above that of what Pritam
rendered in Singh is King. Seriously. It's not all that great. Yes,
Pritam's Lambi Judai that is standing at spot 9 is better off than
Singh is King and that should have got a top spot, in the top 5 slots.

ajaybaskar
19th January 2009, 01:52 PM
ARR wins screen award for Best MD

http://www.screenindia.com/screenaward09/winners_2009.html

ajaybaskar
18th February 2009, 10:09 PM
JTYJN on Colors channel this sunday 22nd Feb - 20.00hrs IST

crajkumar_be
19th February 2009, 02:48 PM
:ty:

SoftSword
19th February 2009, 03:31 PM
:ty:

am yet to watch this movie.... :banghead: :argh: :hammer: my friends...

and am not gonna watch it in tv...
i am waiting for 5.1 DVD to watch it... :(

littlemaster1982
19th February 2009, 03:36 PM
SS,

Original DVD release aayiduchu :)

SoftSword
19th February 2009, 03:49 PM
SS,

Original DVD release aayiduchu :)

master idhu enakku theriyadhu...
konja naala i almost forgot abt following this up...

let me check in landmark...

ajaybaskar
17th March 2009, 10:52 PM
[tscii:0f1c2659ec]Rashid Ali's lucky break

Rashid Ali, of 'Aditi' fame, wasn't even supposed to sing the song that's made him a big star today.

In an interview to a local website, he said that he was only supposed to play guitar on the song. He said, "I was initially just supposed to play the guitar portions of the song. Then Rahman asked me to record the vocals and I just sang it. It all got done in one evening in Chennai couple of years back. I didn't even hear the end product for a long while."

Ali says that Rahman's decision to get him to sing the song was quite instant. He says, "I've known A.R. Rahman for the past 7 years now. I've done a few concerts with him. I was in India when A.R. thought why not get Rashid to sing this song. Rahman is a guy who makes decisions on impulse and I must add that he has an amazing gut feel about things.” Rashid Ali can now be heard on the soundtracks of Blue and Jaane Kahan Se Aayee Hai. [/tscii:0f1c2659ec]

SoftSword
18th March 2009, 11:44 AM
wat is this jaane kahan se aayee hai...??

Kumarappa
18th March 2009, 08:57 PM
wat is this jaane kahan se aayee hai...??

It's a Hindi film starring Ritesh Deshmukh and Ayesha Takia. Don't know, who the MD of this film is, but defintiely it's not ARR. And apparently Rashid Ali has sung a song for this one.

Kumarappa
27th March 2009, 07:17 PM
‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’ sequel soon
IndiaGlitz [Friday, March 27, 2009]

For all those who have not got enough of seeing the lead pair of ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’ here it is. If all goes well then there will soon be a sequel to ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’.

In ‘JTYJN’ , if it was the way the protagonists discover their deep love for each other, in the sequel the story will tell the tribulations in their married life. So for all the couples out there here comes a story that will depict what you face in your day-to-day life.

In the climax scene of ‘JTYJN’, the lead characters Jai and Aditi were shown returning after their honeymoon to India, now Abbas Tyrewala has revealed that in the sequel the troubles begin in the couple’s married life when Jai under the influence of alcohol has a one night stand with a woman.

Soon the problems between Jai and Aditi starts to take a toll on their marriage leading them to even consider divorce.

Besides Imran Khan and Genelia D’Souza, all the actors who played the lead couple’s bunch of friends in ‘JTYJN’ will have a role to play in the sequel too.

The director has not yet zeroed in on the title for the sequel or the commencement date of the production.

Come back right here as we bring you the latest news in Bollywood!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/45844.html

:bluejump:

ajaybaskar
12th August 2009, 12:13 PM
Does anybody have the HQ voiceless version of the vioin bit in the climax? Pls post the link,,,

littlemaster1982
12th August 2009, 12:22 PM
Does anybody have the HQ voiceless version of the vioin bit in the climax? Pls post the link,,,

My fav one too :redjump: Yaarkitta irukkum :confused2: