PDA

View Full Version : Endless terrorism, Samjhauta turned into Grief

Shakthiprabha.
19th February 2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21254208-601,00.html

66 feared dead.

Now where stands peace?

Dangling uncertainly between india and pakistan yet again?

Was this "Friendship express" a wise step?

Would this strain the relationship?

Would ppl be brave ever again and overcome the fear of travelling to across borders?

Questions numerous,
answers numerous,
SOLUTION?

crazy
19th February 2007, 10:15 PM
innikku kaalaiyil BBC'la padichen :(

dsath
20th February 2007, 06:36 PM
Now where stands peace?

Dangling uncertainly between india and pakistan yet again?

Was this "Friendship express" a wise step?

Would this strain the relationship?

Would ppl be brave ever again and overcome the fear of travelling to across borders?

To start with there was no peace between India and Pakistan and there is never going to be any if both the countries are not willing to make any concessions. The hatred and bloodshed that were accompanied with partition is a shadow that is cast over both the countries which is proving to be difficult to get rid of. The 3 official and God knows how many unofficial wars are examples that we can never shake our past and move on.
Bus or train wouldn't make a damn difference to anyone, except appeasing the people in White House (sure helped the Pakistanis to get their pending fighter planes).
The Kashmir problem has to be solved once and for all. Then may be we can prevent such incidents from happening.

unhappyboy
22nd February 2007, 08:27 PM
The Kashmir problem has to be solved once and for all.

Exactly, and the only way to solve Kashmir problem is by giving it away to Pakistan. There's no other way. Kashmir is bleeding India, economically and otherwise. Give it up, and India will become an international hero. :D

bingleguy
22nd February 2007, 08:29 PM
a never ending story ....... ? :(

dsath
22nd February 2007, 09:57 PM

Exactly, and the only way to solve Kashmir problem is by giving it away to Pakistan. There's no other way. Kashmir is bleeding India, economically and otherwise. Give it up, and India will become an international hero. :D
One can't GIVE UP something that was never their's in the first place.

unhappyboy
22nd February 2007, 10:16 PM

One can't GIVE UP something that was never their's in the first place.

Then Kashmir is not India's to give? Whose is it anyway?

dsath
22nd February 2007, 11:21 PM
Kashmiris.
I suggest you read an impartial narration of Indian independence movement and the events leading to partition and the Kashmir issue. Then make up your mind.

unhappyboy
23rd February 2007, 09:43 AM
Kashmiris.
I suggest you read an impartial narration of Indian independence movement and the events leading to partition and the Kashmir issue. Then make up your mind.

That wasn't a q on history. At the moment, Kahsmir is under whose control? If it's under India's control, India should gift it to pakistan. That's all there's to it.

dsath
23rd February 2007, 07:47 PM
That wasn't a q on history. At the moment, Kahsmir is under whose control? If it's under India's control, India should gift it to pakistan. That's all there's to it.
This is the problem with the general public in India and Pakistan. No one knows the origin of the problem and how and why it developed into this big issue as it is now. It is not a simple problem. Again I would like to make the same suggestion, read impartial information on Kashmir and make up your mind.

podalangai
23rd February 2007, 07:59 PM
Let's phrase it differently. I think what unhappyboy is saying is that India should simply unilaterally withdraw from our bit of Kashmir and then leave it to them to do what they want to.

Leaving aside the merits of such a course, which I don't reallly feel like doing, the simple truth is that it'll never happen. Doing this would be political suicide for any party, and I don't see it ever being on the agenda. Something along the lines of the Northern Ireland peace process and the Good Friday Agreement might, however, be feasible.

podalangai
6th March 2007, 08:58 PM
From the BBC, an anonymous soldier's views on Kashmir:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6367917.stm

Chappani
6th March 2007, 09:27 PM
That article on BBC should be a mind opener to many...

Many in India dont accept the fact, that India is not just the fusion of different lands, north to south, east to west.. it is also the fusion of people, the people's minds... We are all together because we all feel we could be better off together, it is in the best interests of all of us to be together... but if a section of people think otherwise then the problem starts... Who are we in the other part of India to claim the ownership of kashmir??? just because one hindu King some xyz singh signed an agreement and accepted to part of the Indian union, should each and every one abide by that???

I think the solution would be, for the 3 parts of J&K the Jammu, the Kashmir and ladakh, have an Referundem ask the people their wishes, what they want, if they are happy to stay away then allow them to be seperate and happy...

Many a times I am forced to draw an analogy between the British rule in India and elsewhere to the current situation in kashmir... We were all part of British one day, didnt British seperate us when we thought we dont want to be part of the British empire???

I was watching the 50th Aniversary of Ghana independence. The main source of income there is Gold and Cocoa.. such a profitable land and British left them to be Independent... Are we cruel than Phirangi(British) think over ???

nms
10th March 2007, 02:20 PM
Kashmir Problem - One of India's everlasting problems due to unacceptable blunders of Nehru.

We can't give it away to Pakistan just like that.They were giving accomodation and hosppitality to the Tlibans,being a partner of US's War on Terror.

Independent Kashmir may be a solution...and there must be active supports from the three neighbours (India,Pakistan & china) and the UN for the seperate country to grow politically and economically.

Surya
11th March 2007, 01:49 AM
Kashmir Problem - One of India's everlasting problems due to unacceptable blunders of Nehru.

We can't give it away to Pakistan just like that.They were giving accomodation and hosppitality to the Tlibans,being a partner of US's War on Terror.

Independent Kashmir may be a solution...and there must be active supports from the three neighbours (India,Pakistan & china) and the UN for the seperate country to grow politically and economically.

Do u think an independent Kashmir will stop the terrorism that the Kashmiris are facing? Do u think it'll stop the Terrorism that India is facing?

rocketboy
11th March 2007, 06:08 PM
Independent Kashmir won't put an end to terrorism. The Pakistani militants won't stop with Kashmir. Their ultimate aim is to wreck havoc in India. No leader can change the mindset of the people in that condemned land. Sometimes when I read reports blaming Musharraf for his failure to rope in the fundamental elements I pity him. Leave alone Musharraf . The thirst for blood is imbibed in those people . Afghanisthan will never be at peace. India will continue to bleed. This is the inevitable truth.

Hulkster
12th March 2007, 11:48 AM
Just some ridiculous scriptures from the hadith can make this human beings turn into blood thirsty animals..dunt they ever bother to find out that this scriptures are totally inhuman and illogical? :cry2:

crazy
12th March 2007, 12:00 PM
what about conducting an opinion poll or sth like in Kashmir?
neither for Indians nor for Pakistanis, but for kashimiri.............i read this line in a book called "shalimar- the clown" by Salman Rushdie, i guess! :)

sorry............its just my thought, i can understand that Kashmir means a lot to Indian and India......
pardon me, if i said anything inconvenient!

podalangai
12th March 2007, 05:58 PM
Rocketboy - true, letting Kashmir go won't reduce terrorism significantly. But when people here talk about letting Kashmir go, we're not talking about running away because the militants have scared us.

No! The issue is a moral one. Why should we, as a country, force people who don't want to be part of us to be a part of us? This is a particularly important question because we as Indians claim to represent an ancient civilisation which stands for high moral principles. What is the morally correct way, the principled way, to deal with a situation like this?

People talk as if Kashmir leaving will be the end of the world for us. That is wrong. We are a wonderful country, and we will continue to be a wonderful one with or without a few recalcitrant states. There are a hundred crore people who love India, and who are proud to be a part of India. We don't need to forcibly keep in a people who don't appreciate our country.

dsath
12th March 2007, 07:01 PM
No! The issue is a moral one. Why should we, as a country, force people who don't want to be part of us to be a part of us? This is a particularly important question because we as Indians claim to represent an ancient civilisation which stands for high moral principles. What is the morally correct way, the principled way, to deal with a situation like this?

People talk as if Kashmir leaving will be the end of the world for us. That is wrong. We are a wonderful country, and we will continue to be a wonderful one with or without a few recalcitrant states. There are a hundred crore people who love India, and who are proud to be a part of India. We don't need to forcibly keep in a people who don't appreciate our country.
Well said Podalangai.
The Kashmir issue may have deeper political implications and we know from past history that Pakistan will not stop at Kashmir.
Crazy, a Kashmiri referendum is long overdue. No Indian and Pakistani government has the willingness to do that, probably because they both know that the Kashmiris will want their own country.

As to how successful a country will Kashmir make is a separate question altogether. Going by history, separate small nations carved out of the subcontinent are not as successful as their parent. Typical example is Bangladesh - a small nation - same language - same religion, but still struggling to take off.

crazy
12th March 2007, 07:41 PM
[quote=podalangai]
Crazy, a Kashmiri referendum is long overdue. No Indian and Pakistani government has the willingness to do that, probably because they both know that the Kashmiris will want their own country.

As to how successful a country will Kashmir make is a separate question altogether. Going by history, separate small nations carved out of the subcontinent are not as successful as their parent. Typical example is Bangladesh - a small nation - same language - same religion, but still struggling to take off.

Even though it may take time, but i guess people will be living happily when they get their own nation!

I dont wish, kashmir to be a seperate nation, but i wish there is something somebody can do............

crazy
12th March 2007, 07:41 PM
[quote=podalangai]

Even though it may take time, but i guess people will be living happily when they get their own nation!

I dont wish, kashmir to be a seperate nation, but i wish there is something somebody can do............

ksen
12th March 2007, 07:51 PM
A referendum in Kashmir will itself give a lopsided result.
90% of the original Hindu inhabitants of Kashmir have been driven out and are refugees in other parts of our country. A significant portion of the current population are settlers from across the border, over the time, as is happening in the North East.

podalangai
12th March 2007, 08:20 PM
Ksen akka - it is possible to take that into account. All displaced people can easily be added to the register, and in POK there will have to be supervision to ensure that settlers are not included. It can be done if there is a will.

I don't think the result of such a referendum is as easily predictable as some assume.

unhappyboy
15th March 2007, 02:52 PM
India is an artificial entity, so it'd be better to divide it into several republics. The UN must do something about this.

Surya
16th March 2007, 01:13 AM
Ksen akka - it is possible to take that into account. All displaced people can easily be added to the register, and in POK there will have to be supervision to ensure that settlers are not included. It can be done if there is a will.

I don't think the result of such a referendum is as easily predictable as some assume.

We need to seriously beef up on border security. I guess Kashmir is gone, but to make sure they don't infest any other part of our nation.

In some parts of the US/Mexican Border, if Mexicans are seen running across the border to get to the US, they are shot down by Militias. That too Mexicans aren't a terrorist thread to the US yet.

We need something Similar if not the same to ensure our borders with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kashmir and Bhutan are Locked! 8-) It's the only way! We can't do anything else abt the infiltration because India's Infrastructure is pathetic and can't handle it.

PS: Stopping Train and Bus Services would also be a GOOD IDEA!

mmcholan
10th May 2007, 04:41 PM
This will not stop until we recoup the lost lands ... akanda baratham is the only solution to this. When we capture the lost lands, all problems would be put to an end.

mmcholan
10th May 2007, 04:42 PM
Hi Surya!

Nice to see you around dude. How is life?

c4ramesh
14th May 2007, 11:46 PM
Just some ridiculous scriptures from the hadith can make this human beings turn into blood thirsty animals..dunt they ever bother to find out that this scriptures are totally inhuman and illogical? :cry2:

That is how cult works. Had the followers Jim Jones ever bothered to see through the lunatic they wouldn't have died.
:cry:

c4ramesh
14th May 2007, 11:50 PM

the referendum isn't possible for 2 reasons.

1.The referendum asked for complete withdrawal of Pak forces from Kashmiri soil, which hasn't been done till date.

2.The demographics of Kashmir is not the same anymore, making the referendum impossible.