__

AlaipayuthE
MinnalE
__

Would write as and when I remember

Nerd
22nd February 2007, 10:05 PM
Few terrific Rajini climaxes:

muLLum malarum tops the list -- vaLLidA en thangachi 8-)
engEyO kEtta kural
Johnny
netRikkaN
aNNAmalai - I am a bad man :smokesmirk:
chandramukhi

bAtshA climax was not good at all, for such an engrossing movie :(

kb
22nd February 2007, 10:06 PM
kadhal :D

Shakthiprabha.
22nd February 2007, 10:11 PM
nerd,

johnny too :thumbsup:

rajni's tired smile,
shridevi's shy smile
rajni's emotional smile
shridei's mock anger

NO DIALOGUES wow climax :)

Kollywoodfan
22nd February 2007, 10:11 PM
All of SP's choices with the addition of...

- Paatiyal
- Nandha
- Kaakha Kaakha (the original one where Maya dies, but there's another one)
- Unnai Ninaithu

great
22nd February 2007, 10:13 PM
- Unnai Ninaithu

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Nerd
22nd February 2007, 10:13 PM
nerd,

johnny too :thumbsup:

rajni's tired smile,
shridevi's shy smile
rajni's emotional smile
shridei's mock anger

NO DIALOGUES wow climax :)

kavitha.. kavitha.. (gunA style)

I absolutely love all mahendran's climaxes:
uthiripUkkaL
muLLum malarum
johnny
kai kodukkum kai
nenjaththai kiLLAthE

What a creator/director :notworthy:

Shakthiprabha.
22nd February 2007, 10:15 PM
karaiyellaam shenbagapoo (awesome thriller :whoa: )

kolly :thumbsup:

sadly i dont know any movie which u mentioned :(

Kollywoodfan
22nd February 2007, 10:15 PM
- Unnai Ninaithu

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, Surya's words were a little drawn out, but were fitting and seemed practical enough.

I loved the Johnny climax as well. :D

Kannukul Nilavu had a similar, altho not as famous/impacting...with Vijay's exhausted yet relieved expression, Shalini's sweet surprise and smile when her father leaves her with Vijay, her sitting in the back with his mother rather than in the front, and hugging SriVidya.

Very few words, but sweet ending esp with IR's mindblowing BGM!

Shakthiprabha.
22nd February 2007, 10:16 PM
oh yeah nenjathai killathE.

right u are nerd .

Shakthiprabha.
22nd February 2007, 10:17 PM
Somehow 16 VAYATHINILE

never impressed me.

punnagai mannan too :evil: :cry2:

Kollywoodfan
22nd February 2007, 10:19 PM
kai kodukkum kai had a very touching ending!

Punnagai Mannan...man, I was speechless. It was so sad, but definitely something I never forgot.

Also Poove Unakaage with Vijay and his words to his now married lover.

Really SP, Kaakha and Nandha are two milestone films for Surya :shock:

Shakthiprabha.
22nd February 2007, 10:27 PM
kaakha kakkah ive seen.

I felt sad for jo's death. SO DID NOT LIKE THE CLIMAX :( (i know .. my mind accepts.. but heart does not )

Kollywoodfan
22nd February 2007, 10:29 PM
yeah :)

I guess there's a "best" and "like"...So I was listing best IMO.

Of course, like you mentioned I didn't like the climax of movies like Nandha, Paatiyal, and Kaakha Kaakha because the characters die, but it seemed the best for the storyline. :wink:

Nerd
22nd February 2007, 10:29 PM
I hated the climaxes of these *beautiful* movies

16 vayathinilE
moonRAm piRai :P
mahAnadhi - Poor, IMO
Almost all MR's movies except mouna rAgam, nAyagan and thaLapathi
vaRumayin niRam sivappu

Kollywoodfan
22nd February 2007, 10:35 PM
Kizhakku Cheemayilae: very realistic
Emttan Magan

For some reason, I loved all dual role Sarath Kumar movies (esp their climaxes) :D

Suryavamsam
Naatamai
Natpukkaga
Ayya

Designer
22nd February 2007, 10:39 PM
Ghajini :)

ajithfederer
22nd February 2007, 10:54 PM
Ajith :

Kaadhal Kottai , Vaali , Mugavari

Kamal :

Kuruthipunal , MMKR, DEVAR MAGAN, Nayagan , Guna, Anbesivam, Nayagan , Vikram ( 2 heroines chasing him :evil: excluding the plane episode)

Rajini :

Thillu Mullu

Vijay : :oops:

Poove Unakagha

Ramakrishna
22nd February 2007, 10:57 PM
Veerasaami :D

Aandavan
22nd February 2007, 11:23 PM
I hated the climaxes of these *beautiful* movies

16 vayathinilE
moonRAm piRai :P
mahAnadhi - Poor, IMO
Almost all MR's movies except mouna rAgam, nAyagan and thaLapathi
vaRumayin niRam sivappu Mahanadi climax was one of the best.. happy ending means nothing bad... :evil:

16 vayathinile is the super o super climax... kamal antha periya kalla eduthu rajini thalaya odaippaarey.... ada ada ada ..... chey.. super scene :!: :!: :!: :P

Aandavan
22nd February 2007, 11:24 PM
Veerasaami :D eggjaactleeee....

ethukku saavuraaan, eppdi saavuraanu theriyaama, saavaan.. :lol:

rocketboy
23rd February 2007, 12:07 AM
Pasumpon.

Paathuttu I started crying Even today I avoid listening to songs from that movie because it reminds me of that scene.

Radhika plays the lead role and Prabhu is her son. Radhika's first husband (Prabu's father) dies and she remarries . The mother son relationship breaks up and Prabhu starts living with his maternal grandfather. He starts avoiding her and throughout the movie Radhika yearns for a reconciliation just like the way when he was a kid. This doesn't happen till the very end . Radhika is now bed stricken and her days are drawing to close. The elders of the house ask Prabhu to do his final duty he owes to his mother as her son. Inga oru semma emotional song play pannuvanga .' Vaada Thangam vaada ....' . I was inconsolable because one of my close friends passed away at the same time and I was not on speaking terms with him at that time. :cry: :cry: He was ill and I was hoping he will get better . He was alright and cheerful when I went to his house to enquire about his well being . If there is one movie which changed my attitude towards life and people then this is it . This movie changed me totally and its climax will remain the best for me forever.

Erica
23rd February 2007, 12:58 AM
Kadhal Kondein :thumbsup:
Vedham Pudhidhu
Aasai
Kushi
Manmadhan
Kurudhipunal
Kadhalukku Mariyadhai

Surya
23rd February 2007, 02:27 AM
Veerasaami :D

Someone said it was copied from King Kong :roll:

MADDY
23rd February 2007, 02:33 AM
Pasumpon.

Paathuttu I started crying Even today I avoid listening to songs from that movie because it remainds me of that scene.

Radhika plays the lead role and Prabhu is her son. Radhika's first husband (Prabu's father) dies and she remarries . The mother son relationship breaks up and Prabhu starts living with his maternal grandfather. He starts avoiding her and throughout the movie Radhika yearns for a reconciliation just like the way when he was a kid. This doesn't happen till the very end . Radhika is now bed stricken and her days are drawing to close. The elders of the house ask Prabhu to do his final duty he owes to his mother as her son. Inga oru semma emotional song play pannuvanga .' Vaada Thangam vaada ....' . I was inconsolable because one of my close friends passed away at the same time and I was not on speaking terms with him at that time. :cry: :cry: He was ill and I was hoping he will get better . He was alright and cheerful when I went to his house to enquire about his well being . If there is one movie which changed my attitude towards life and people then this is it . This movie changed me totally and its climax will remain the best for me forever.

Pasumpon.....great movie IMO.........wat a message from BR.... :D ......

thinkfloyd
23rd February 2007, 07:44 AM
How did everyone miss Kaadhal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kAdhal
mUndrAm pirai
sEthu
guNA
anbE sivam
marupadiyum
sigappu rojAkkaL
pattiyal
pudhuppettai
thEvar magan

joe
23rd February 2007, 07:47 AM
Puthiya Paravai

Raikkonen
23rd February 2007, 07:50 AM
Moondram Pirai and Devar Magan

thinkfloyd
23rd February 2007, 07:56 AM
Missed andha nAL

VENKIRAJA
23rd February 2007, 08:50 AM
iruvar 8-)
excellent climax,especially the style of prakash narrating poetry when his friend died.Mani cud have avoided aravindswamy dubbing him throughout the poetry though.

Wibha
23rd February 2007, 08:52 AM
i like da climax of partiban kanavu :D

very cool and so shocking :thumbsup:

VENKIRAJA
23rd February 2007, 08:54 AM
worst climaxes?

raaja_rasigan
23rd February 2007, 09:11 AM
best climax:

Andha 7 Natkal

Different climax:

Ramana

super climax fight:

pulan visaranai

VENKIRAJA
23rd February 2007, 09:12 AM
superb avatar!

selvakumar
23rd February 2007, 09:44 AM
Vaali :thumbsup: - EngaL Thalaikku Idhu Oru "Sigappu RojaaakkaL" 8-)

Mugavari (First one - in which Sridhar sacrifices everything and goes for the job. Later on they added on more scene where he is shown as a MD :evil: )

These are the movies in which I expected a diff climax but was disappointed and they are bad IF not worse !

1) KaadhaL Mannan (could have handled it in a better way towards the end. Though 70% of the climax was :thumbsup: )
2) Ji ( Lingu was able to have a grip on the story till 50% of the second half. AFter that it was usual when audience were expecting something different)

thimuru
23rd February 2007, 10:23 AM
vaalis final dialogue of ajith is good...the dialogues that the soul of ajith speaks!

where is that sj suryah?

VENKIRAJA
23rd February 2007, 10:25 AM
vaalis final dialogue of ajith is good...the dialogues that the soul of ajith speaks!

where is that sj suryah?

MEERA JASMINE'S PETTICOAT

bingleguy
23rd February 2007, 10:51 AM

where is that sj suryah?

:roll: :shock:

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd February 2007, 11:00 AM

where is that sj suryah?

neenga ennanga light carry pannitu irrundheengala :lol2:

selvakumar
23rd February 2007, 11:20 AM

where is that sj suryah?

Yes :cry: SJS had lost his touch, must say. Apart from Vaali, all the films that he gave afterwards were mere damb squibs. Kushi was fine in parts. After that, :banghead:

On the climax, Apart from the dialogue, his body language and expressions will be :thumbsup:

"eNNai kaathu, Vaai pesa mudiyaathavanaa padaitha podu kooda antha aandavanai naaN pazhikka viLLai.. aaNaaL avalai adaiya mudiyaathavaNaaga padaithaaNae, atharkaa antha aandavanai pazhikkindraeN.." :thumbsup: and many more that follows !

Not to forget DEVA's BGM that plays in the background when Simran shoots "DEVA". 8-)

joe
23rd February 2007, 12:19 PM
Attention to new hubber Prasanna :

You may misunderstood the option 'report post' .The two reports you sent to admin are not reporting any abuse or provocation ,but just counter arguements ..Pls post your arguements(using Post Reply button) in this thread itself instead of sending reports.

Shakthiprabha.
23rd February 2007, 03:40 PM
-triple posting-

Shakthiprabha.
23rd February 2007, 03:44 PM
-triple posting-

Shakthiprabha.
23rd February 2007, 03:45 PM
VaaLi climax

:thumbsup:

the best was

" angu en thambiyai kaana villai, en ethiriyai, avaL kaathalanai kanden.... ingu puthainthiruppathu naan mattum alla, NIRAIVERAATHA EN AASAIGALUM, KANAVUGALUM " :( :(

__

WORST CLIMAX
_____

Antha 7 naatkaL :banghead:
Suvarillaatha sithirangaL :hammer:
Punnagai mannan :cry3:

thinkfloyd
23rd February 2007, 03:58 PM
[b]Antha 7 naatkaL :banghead:

I agree!

Thirumaran
23rd February 2007, 04:16 PM

I agree!

It may not be the best climax. But considering the period, going by the story, it is a good one :roll:

MADDY
23rd February 2007, 04:23 PM
Missed andha nAL

r u talking abt that Shivaji classic?? wow, climax is so good in this movie...... :shock: ....i was thrown off my feet, when i saw it the first time....S.Balachander is a genius it seems........he made this movie,bommai and there was 1 in between - nadu iravil -?? :roll:

for me, Mudhalvan was the best cilmax i'v seen for many years........such an intense,gethu movie but ending was subtle, yet powerful...... 8-)

Indian too, was great........Kamal caling from a phone booth and camera just comes back and shows its australia or some other country.....wow... 8-) .....

karthik_sa2
23rd February 2007, 04:51 PM
moondram pirai
vaaname ellai
anniyan
veedu

ayyo ninaicha vandhutae irruku the list goes on

ajaybaskar
23rd February 2007, 05:11 PM
kannathil Muthamittal
Kadhalukku Mariyadhai
Devar magan
Mudhalvan

great
23rd February 2007, 11:36 PM

I agree!

It may not be the best climax. But considering the period, going by the story, it is a good one :roll:

Ennoda kaadhali unga pondatti aagalam ; aanal ungaloda manaivi ennoda kaadhali aaga mudiyathu :thumbsup:

Ithu thaan intha padathoda best climax :)

VENKIRAJA
24th February 2007, 11:00 AM
joe,he's my friend.i explained that idiot numerous times,u can send him a p.m plz.he doesnt seem to understand.

Aandavan
24th February 2007, 11:15 AM
Missed andha nAL

Indian too, was great........Kamal caling from a phone booth and camera just comes back and shows its australia or some other country.....wow... 8-) ..... Indian qualifies as the worst climax in all of thalaivar's movies... i mean the episode after the Chandru gets killed by sanethipathy...

ivaru escape aayittaaram.. foreign country-la irukkaaraam.. what nonsense... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

thinkfloyd
24th February 2007, 11:21 AM
Indian qualifies as the worst climax in all of thalaivar's movies... i mean the episode after the Chandru gets killed by sanethipathy...

ivaru escape aayittaaram.. foreign country-la irukkaaraam.. what nonsense... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Adhaane...

VENKIRAJA
24th February 2007, 11:39 AM
moondram pirai
vaaname ellai
anniyan
veedu

anniyan was based on a sujatha+sidney sheldon novel buddy.that too the climax was directly stolen from sujatha's "aaa" novel.shankar is the worst director of the world.he maybe a good screenplay writer though.

ajaybaskar
24th February 2007, 07:43 PM
moondram pirai
vaaname ellai
anniyan
veedu

anniyan was based on a sujatha+sidney sheldon novel buddy.that too the climax was directly stolen from sujatha's "aaa" novel.shankar is the worst director of the world.he maybe a good screenplay writer though.

Its "Tell me your dreams" by SS...

ajithfederer
24th February 2007, 10:25 PM
he had no other way to end the movie...... :lol:

Missed andha nAL

Indian too, was great........Kamal caling from a phone booth and camera just comes back and shows its australia or some other country.....wow... 8-) ..... Indian qualifies as the worst climax in all of thalaivar's movies... i mean the episode after the Chandru gets killed by sanethipathy...

MADDY
24th February 2007, 11:17 PM
Missed andha nAL

may i know y kamal accepted to such a stupidity in the first place??? :lol:

(Flash News: ARRahman wins his 18th filmfare award for Best Musical score for Rang De Basanti :bluejump: :thumbsup: )

Ramakrishna
24th February 2007, 11:24 PM
Missed andha nAL

(Flash News: ARRahman wins his 18th filmfare award for Best Musical score for Rang De Basanti :bluejump: :thumbsup: )

This is a place where u need to post it maddy http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=306 :wink:

ajithfederer
24th February 2007, 11:27 PM
FYI, that was a shankar movie ....not a kamal movie........generally his detractors say that kamal is not qa directors actornnu :banghead: ..but if he does what the director says comments come the other way :banghead:
Come up with valid arguments maddy, not just for the sake of saying something 8-)

Missed andha nAL

MADDY
24th February 2007, 11:33 PM
FYI, that was a shankar movie ....not a kamal movie........ithayae kamal athae mathanum nnu nenachiruntha u guys(all kamal detractors) would say that kamal is interfering in director's decisionnnu :banghead: :banghead:

Come up with valid arguments maddy, not just for the sake of saying something 8-)

dont u think its pretty unfair to say whenever there is a good thing in a kamal movie, its bcos of kamal and whenever there is something stupid, it bcomes others'??? :lol: .....

also, i dont think i'm in need of any advice on how to argue........thanks AF, but no thanks..... 8-)

ajithfederer
24th February 2007, 11:37 PM
i think INDIAN story screenplay and direction is by shankar and acting alone is by kamal(mean to say kamal didnt interfere)........... 8-) refer here please http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_%28film%29
go and blame shankar please for that stupid climax and dont ask why didnt kamal questioned him........
Thats my argument 8-)

FYI, that was a shankar movie ....not a kamal movie........ithayae kamal athae mathanum nnu nenachiruntha u guys(all kamal detractors) would say that kamal is interfering in director's decisionnnu :banghead: :banghead:

dont u think its pretty unfair to say whenever there is a good thing in a kamal movie, its bcos of kamal and whenever there is something stupid, it bcomes others'??? :lol: .....

also, i dont think i'm in need of any advice on how to argue........thanks AF, but no thanks..... 8-)

thinkfloyd
24th February 2007, 11:42 PM
Maddy,
Adhaye naanga thiruppi kekkalaam - whenever he questions you ask why he does, and whenever he doesn't you ask why didn't he!!!! :banghead:

How do you know for sure he didn't ask?
How do you know if there were differences between him or not?

Above all, like Feddy said, its a Shankar film not a Kamal film - not even a film which he ghost directed. Try something else

ajithfederer
24th February 2007, 11:44 PM
U wrote my mind 8-)

Maddy,
Adhaye naanga thiruppi kekkalaam - whenever he questions you ask why he does, and whenever he doesn't you ask why didn't he!!!! :banghead:

How do you know for sure he didn't ask?
How do you know if there were differences between him or not?

Above all, like Feddy said, its a Shankar film not a Kamal film - not even a film which he ghost directed. Try something else

thinkfloyd
24th February 2007, 11:46 PM

Who said so? Pl keep your imagination in check.
In this case, it happens to be stupid, and it happens to be Shankar's film.

FYI, i think Virumaandi climax is horrendous. The trouble with people like you is you are blind to the criticism Kamal fans make. Your eye sees only the praises made by Kamal fans.

MADDY
24th February 2007, 11:51 PM
i think INDIAN story screenplay and direction is by shankar and acting alone is by kamal(mean to say kamal didnt interfere)........... 8-) refer here please http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_%28film%29
go and blame shankar please for that stupid climax and dont ask why didnt kamal questioned him........
Thats my argument 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anbe_sivam - directed by Sundar.C.....do u mean to say, its a Sundar.C's movie??? we refer to it as Kamal's movie only right??? then....

see, wat i'm telling here is, a person like kamal who does modify the "output" of films he acts in with his inputs , cannot be aloof saying "no, this is not my idea"..........u can say, he accepted it to satisfy C-centre audiences but cannot say "ivarakkum adhukkum sammandhamme illa-nnu"..........khuda-hafiz.... :D

ajithfederer
24th February 2007, 11:53 PM
maddy look at who has written the screenplay for anbesivam :banghead: .......and please do compare the directorial abilities of shankar and sundar c :banghead:
Narayana ..............ennala mudiala :x

Thats my argument 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anbe_sivam - directed by Sundar.C.....do u mean to say, its a Sundar.C's movie??? we refer to it as Kamal's movie only right??? then....

see, wat i'm telling here is, a person like kamal who does modify the "output" of films he acts in with his inputs , cannot be aloof saying "no, this is not my idea"..........u can say, he accepted it to satisfy C-centre audiences but cannot say "ivarakkum adhukkum sammandhamme illa-nnu"..........khuda-hafiz.... :D

thinkfloyd
24th February 2007, 11:55 PM

Pl get it into your head that Indian was not ghost directed by Kamal. Do you know the diff between Indian and Anbe Sivam? Or ghost direction? huh?

So he accepted it. So what is your point? You wanna crucify him?

And you said its one of the best climaxes :lol: Your penchant for stupidity amazes us! :rotfl:

thinkfloyd
24th February 2007, 11:56 PM
maddy look at whose written the screenplay for anbesivam :banghead: .......and please do compare the directorial abilities of shankar and sundar c :banghead:

:lol: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lol2:

thinkfloyd
25th February 2007, 12:02 AM
Probably Maddy wants Kamal to take the blame for world hunger too, among other things!

The best part is all this when some Kamal fans have said a couple of their actor's movie(s) had some of the worst climaxes :banghead:

MADDY
25th February 2007, 12:04 AM
maddy look at whose written the screenplay for anbesivam :banghead: .......and please do compare the directorial abilities of shankar and sundar c :banghead:

i dunno y r u over reacting here....... :lol: .....u r arguing with 1 more person on ur side and i'm alone here......its me who should be banging my head....chillax man...... 8-)

so wat r u guys trying to say here........kamal for some movies doesent give any inputs and just does wat directors say??? ok, fair enuf.......

(but, we all know kamal did suggest some modifications in the music which was finally agreed by the team.....which itself shows Kamal was actively involved in the "thought" process for the movie......turn a blind eye and deny it, i will also accept that Indian is only shankar's movie).....

ajithfederer
25th February 2007, 12:04 AM
yeah floyd :banghead:

The best part is all this when some Kamal fans have said a couple of their actor's movie(s) had some of the worst climaxes :banghead:

ajithfederer
25th February 2007, 12:09 AM
Ist para : Ur arguments will make any sane man :banghead:

2nd para :exactly:

3rd para : kamal, not responsible for that climax........and yes its indeed a shankars movie not a kamal movie by any means nor did he ghost directed it...... 8-)

i dunno y r u over reacting here....... :lol: .....u r arguing with 1 more person on ur side and i'm alone here......its me who should be banging my head....chillax man...... 8-)

so wat r u guys trying to say here........kamal for some movies doesent give any inputs and just does wat directors say??? ok, fair enuf.......

(but, we all know kamal did suggest some modifications in the music which was finally agreed by the team.....which itself shows Kamal was actively involved in the "thought" process for the movie......turn a blind eye and deny it, i will also accept that Indian is only shankar's movie).....

MADDY
25th February 2007, 12:10 AM
So he accepted it. So what is your point? You wanna crucify him?

And you said its one of the best climaxes :lol: Your penchant for stupidity amazes us! :rotfl:

if he has accepted it then he is a part of it.....when kamal fans scream that Indian is one of thier biggest blockbusters then its also inevitable that movie's flaws will be associated with him......

TF, atleast i;m not a hypcrite to look for "logic" in shankar movies and "masala" in a K.Viswanath movie..... :lol:

Surya
25th February 2007, 12:29 AM
The Climax for Thiruttu Payale I thought was Awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Manmadhan Climax was quite good too. 8-)

I like a Surprising End which sorta catches you off guard. :P

thinkfloyd
25th February 2007, 11:48 AM
if he has accepted it then he is a part of it.....when kamal fans scream that Indian is one of thier biggest blockbusters then its also inevitable that movie's flaws will be associated with him......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

What a logic! Yes, because we called Indian one of Kamal's biggest blockbusters, it is inevitable that the Tehelka scam will be associated with him.

Maddy, seriously, you are :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lol2:

thinkfloyd
25th February 2007, 11:51 AM

Maddy,
When you give crap, you gotta take some flak. No point in whining like a.....
Stupidity will not be tolerated...

Aandavan
25th February 2007, 12:07 PM
FYI, that was a shankar movie ....not a kamal movie........generally his detractors say that kamal is not qa directors actornnu :banghead: ..but if he does what the director says comments come the other way :banghead:
well said feddy... because such stupid things done by shankar, kamal is very angry on him forever,,, and thats why i said, kamal wont do a movie with shankar again... absolutely no chance.. :P

Aandavan
25th February 2007, 12:09 PM
Thats my argument 8-)

see, wat i'm telling here is, a person like kamal who does modify the "output" of films he acts in with his inputs , cannot be aloof saying "no, this is not my idea"..........u can say, he accepted it to satisfy C-centre audiences but cannot say "ivarakkum adhukkum sammandhamme illa-nnu"..........khuda-hafiz.... :D for anbesivam , story and screenplay by kamal.. so its a kamal.. thats not the case with Indian.. :P

Aandavan
25th February 2007, 12:11 PM
see, wat i'm telling here is, a person like kamal who does modify the "output" of films he acts in with his inputs , cannot be aloof saying "no, this is not my idea"..........u can say, he accepted it to satisfy C-centre audiences but cannot say "ivarakkum adhukkum sammandhamme illa-nnu"..........khuda-hafiz.... :D u have absolutely no understanding on kamal and his movies.. please dont post crap :lol:

Nerd
25th February 2007, 12:14 PM
Because such stupid things done by shankar, kamal is very angry on him forever,,, and thats why i said, kamal wont do a movie with shankar again... absolutely no chance.. :P

So vasool raja was a better movie than Indian and kamal is not angry with saran is it :P

Aandavan
25th February 2007, 12:15 PM

What a logic! Yes, because we called Indian one of Kamal's biggest blockbusters, it is inevitable that the Tehelka scam will be associated with him.

Maddy, seriously, you are :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lol2: blockbuster thaan... great performance by kamal :clap: but the movie is average... commercially great...

Aandavan
25th February 2007, 12:20 PM
Because such stupid things done by shankar, kamal is very angry on him forever,,, and thats why i said, kamal wont do a movie with shankar again... absolutely no chance.. :P

So vasool raja was a better movie than Indian and kamal is not angry with saran is it :P no... Indian is better...

but MBBS was finished within 45 days... no big budget...

shankar just finished 60% of the movie in the scheduled time to finish the movie... kamal didnt like extra songs in that movie.. he was raring to start Marudanaayagam... but with, Indian shankar wasted time... :P but movie was a big success though.. Kamal is still angry

ps: saran is now a close friend of kamal :P

bingleguy
25th February 2007, 12:23 PM
Veeraachami paathen ;-)

enna climax enna climax ....

thinkfloyd
25th February 2007, 12:25 PM
Nerd,
If you read the last few pages, nowhere we have mentioned that anything good in a Kamal movie is attributed to Kamal, nor is it said that Kamal is not involved with anything bad that comes out.

There are a lot of movies which are good timepass at best and crap at worst (PKS,5tricks etc) which got saved only because of Kamal's performance.

Shankar - It is a fact that he takes a lot of time to complete his films. Hence it is fairly certain they won't work together again.

thinkfloyd
25th February 2007, 12:29 PM
well said feddy... because such stupid things done by shankar, kamal is very angry on him forever,,, and thats why i said, kamal wont do a movie with shankar again... absolutely no chance.. :P
Karthi,
That CAN"T be the reason why they won't work together.
Do you mean to say that there are no stupid things in other Kamal films? :evil:

Aandavan
25th February 2007, 12:42 PM
Karthi,
Do you mean to say that there are no stupid things in other Kamal films? :evil: it includes talking a loooooooot of time for shooting... :P

Nerd
25th February 2007, 09:51 PM
Karthi,
Do you mean to say that there are no stupid things in other Kamal films? :evil:

That was my point !!!!!!

ajithfederer
25th February 2007, 10:08 PM
:)

MADDY
25th February 2007, 10:27 PM

Maddy, seriously, you are :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lol2:

TF, i just said, i enjoyed the climax and wanted to say "how kamal cannot be part of it".........i dunno y u just culdnt take it???

and FYI, i didnt criticise him at all.......i completely understood y he shuld have said Ok for this climax........

u call me stupid,whining little mama's boy, or go to any level undermining my understanding/posting skills, i'll never accept that he was associated only for song discussion and not for climax discussion for this movie......khuda-hafiz....... :D ....

coucou
28th February 2007, 04:08 PM
kadhal :thumbsup:
unnai ninathu :D

Thamizh-ahsan
2nd March 2007, 09:22 AM
Saw some one noted "andha 7 naatkal" as worst climax...
May look so in the present era...
but in those days the climax of this movie was so popular ...stunning by the standards then...

wish to add..

Nooravathu naal
Adhe Kangal

Nerd
2nd March 2007, 10:43 PM
Yep adhE kaNgaL was probably one of the best if not the best thrillers in tamil cinema. Wonder why no one is willing to do thrillers (in a low budget for the fear of repeat audience) in tamil cinema :P

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd March 2007, 11:09 PM
Surprisingly the biggest blockbuster 'Chandramukhi' is also a thriller! 8-)

great
3rd March 2007, 12:52 AM
Surprisingly the biggest blockbuster 'Chandramukhi' is also a thriller! 8-)

:lol2:

Shanthi theatreLa 400/500th day paatha :shaking:

Sarna
10th July 2009, 05:24 PM
Dasavatharam 8-)

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 06:00 PM
Dasavatharam 8-)

sarna... officela edhum velai illaya...
palaya threads ellaam dhoosu thatra madhiri theridhu...

Sarna
10th July 2009, 06:05 PM
kandupidinga paakkalaam :lol2:

app_engine
10th July 2009, 06:10 PM
Saw some one noted "andha 7 naatkal" as worst climax...

Is it? If so, that's quite an absurd observation.

Though Ambi chEchi messed things up, it can be regarded as a landmark climax of all-time, from an Indian context. (I'm not sure whether they changed in Hindi - but the film was a big hit. If they didn't change it there, then it worked big time in Hindi as well.)

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 06:13 PM
kandupidinga paakkalaam :lol2:

paattaavae paadittiyaaa...!!!???
appa naanum............

i like the climax of Valli a lot...

Avadi to America
10th July 2009, 06:15 PM
Samsaram athu minsaram

MADDY
10th July 2009, 07:45 PM
looking at previous pages, CR-um naanum thara range-kku sanda potturukkom :oops: ......

anyone want to joine me in funding "old thread ozhippu vaariyam" ? :P

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 07:51 PM
:oops:

adhu naan illeeng.....yaaro aakkappoorvama en ida a hack pannittaanga

I pictured myself having Rajini's expression (EKSI scene) and saying "vidu vidu" to myself after seeing all this :ashamed:

indha madhiri pazhaya kuppaya kelaraadheenga na kekkaraangala? :(

Thalafanz
10th July 2009, 07:54 PM
anyone want to joine me in funding "old thread ozhippu vaariyam" ? :P

Namma Sarna-va othachA, athu thAnA nadanthida pOguthu... :lol:
Joking only Sarna :P

Sarna
10th July 2009, 07:56 PM

inimE threads'a padichchu paaththuttu, adhukkappuram revive pannalaamaa vEnaamaanu yOsikkurEn... indha oru dhadava freeyaa vidunga... please... Maddy u too ... pls

Nerd
10th July 2009, 08:03 PM
nallavELai sandhramuki Vs MX and the various RK Vs KH threads ellAm delete pannittaanga :oops:

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 08:12 PM

I pictured myself having Rajini's expression (EKSI scene) and saying "vidu vidu" to myself after seeing all this :ashamed:

CR...
neenga dhaan aandavanaa???!!!

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 08:13 PM
nallavELai sandhramuki Vs MX and the various RK Vs KH threads ellAm delete pannittaanga :oops:

varalaarai marakka mudiyum... azhikka mudiyaadhu... :smokesmirk:

Sarna
10th July 2009, 08:15 PM

CR...

Aadavan is Anban I guess....CR should be thinkfloyd :?

Nerd
10th July 2009, 08:17 PM
Avarum aandavar aanaal adhu vEra :lol:

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 08:21 PM

CR...

Aadavan is Anban I guess....CR should be thinkfloyd :?

aandavan yaarunu enakku kaattirukkeenga...
neenga dheivam...

Sarna
10th July 2009, 08:24 PM
neenga dheivam...

dheivam is SP akka :D

Sarna
10th July 2009, 08:25 PM
ok, bye guys :wave:

MODs please lock this thread :bow: :bow: if possible delete .

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 08:43 PM
ok, bye guys :wave:

MODs please lock this thread :bow: :bow: if possible delete .
why?????
this is a good thread and can be used for current discussions...

sandaila kiliyaadha sattai enga irukku......
adhukkaaga sattayae podaama irukka mudiyumaa...

Vivasaayi
10th July 2009, 08:47 PM
yen indha vela?

enaku koochama irukku...romba shy-a feel pandren

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 09:13 PM
yen indha vela?

enaku koochama irukku...romba shy-a feel pandren
aahaa neengalumaa....
pona jenmatthula neenga yaara irundheenga....

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 09:14 PM
"pona jenmatthula"
:lol:

dinesh2002
10th July 2009, 09:15 PM
Samsaram athu minsaram

didnt expect this climax for an old movie... very good acting by all, esp Lakshmi.... excellent acting!!

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 09:30 PM
"pona jenmatthula"
:lol:

unmaidhaanae...
we reinvent ourself over every period of time...

u guys had lots of fun it seems...
i wish i were there in the hub during those days...

Nerd
10th July 2009, 09:32 PM
Soft, orE thathuvamaa varudhE.. Friday night vEra :P

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 09:56 PM
Soft, orE thathuvamaa varudhE.. Friday night vEra :P

enakkae therila nerd... innakki dhaan konjam time kedachadhu...
ivlo neramaa Oru Kanavin Isai padichittu irundhaen... thanks for ur services there...

and yeah its friday nite... but no mood & no company...
oru kai vechu kai thatta mudiyaadhu...
othai glass vechu cheers adikka mudiyaadhu... :)

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 10:41 PM
Softsword,
:notthatway:

"thanimayile inimai kaana mudiyuma?" - adhu andha kaalam
"thaniye thannanthaniye" - idhu indha kaalam

Naan inga arambichutten, neenga?
(read like Vedham Pudhidhu sinna payyan "naan karai eritten, neenga?' - :palaar: :palaar:)

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 10:47 PM
Softsword,
:notthatway:

"thanimayile inimai kaana mudiyuma?" - adhu andha kaalam
"thaniye thannanthaniye" - idhu indha kaalam

Naan inga arambichutten, neenga?
(read like Vedham Pudhidhu sinna payyan "naan karai eritten, neenga?' - :palaar: :palaar:)

CR...
enna thangamani enjoy'a??? :)
am rite now in office and all my roommates hav left to native...
so ippo cheers vena sollalaam... aana sip adikka mudiyaadhu...

anyway cheers :glasses_cling:
(why there is not a cheers emoticon?? whom should we request for this?)

Nerd
10th July 2009, 10:50 PM
adhaanE, anjaathE-la Prasanna thanakku thaanE kaikuduthukkura maadhiri namakku naamE sears :lol:

Best climax: Kadhal :mrgreen:

littlemaster1982
10th July 2009, 10:54 PM
Chennai - 28. Cracking shot 8-)

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 10:57 PM
SS,
Thangamani status illa, conditional permission :mrgreen:

"am rite now in office and all my roommates hav left to native"
- idhukku thaan work from home pannunga work from home pannunga nu solren!

Yeah, Kaadhal climax, was about to mention that (the climax before the climax would have been even better)

MADDY
10th July 2009, 11:00 PM

:rotfl:

//andha payyan remba irritating......avan-a anja singam marudhupaandi adikkura madhiri oru scene-avadhu thamizh cinema varalaaru-la vandhirukkanum :P //

coming back to the thread - best climaxes :lol2: - hazaron kwahishe aisi.....inexplicable feelings surrounded with it :cry:

littlemaster1982
10th July 2009, 11:00 PM
SS,

Yeah, Kaadhal climax, was about to mention that (the climax before the climax would have been even better)

:exactly: Every time I see this scene, I end up with a lump in my throat. Balaji Sakthivel :notworthy:

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 11:04 PM
SS,

//
CR,
veetlayaeva...?
you still in bangalore...?
my longtime wish to meet u, missed it one occassion...
lets meet over a drink someday...

work from home namma teamku otthu varaadhu...
inga team college friends madhiri... miss panna mudiyaadhu ;)
roommates vida officemates dhaan adhigamaa namakku company tharuvaanga ;)

ehem.........
the climax of old movie "samboorna raamaayanam"
never expected ramar to kill ravananan in such a violent way...
such a shocking climax...

:ashamed:

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 11:06 PM

coming back to the thread - best climaxes :lol2: - hazaron kwahishe aisi.....inexplicable feelings surrounded with it :cry:

kisi gaav mein yae kissaan ragu thaatthaa?? hai |

MADDY
10th July 2009, 11:06 PM

PR style joke - oh, andha padathukku climax irukka :?

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 11:09 PM

PR style joke - oh, andha padathukku climax irukka :?

// sorry for digression -

ada summa irunga maddy... apdi oru padam irukkanae oru doubtoda dhaan post pannen...
illena verum chat panromnu thookkiduvaanga nammala...
nerd post patthu dhaan sari kooda oru padam peru pottuttaa digressionu nenaikka maatanganu pottu uttaen...

- sorry for digression //

Subramaniyapuram

:P

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 11:15 PM
SS,
Kandippa meet pannuvom ("meet naale drinks dhaane")

Moondram Pirai
Aval Appadiththaan
Kaadhal
Chennai 28
Sathi Leelavathi (actually the climax before the climax)

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah , HKA had a great climax

Nerd
10th July 2009, 11:18 PM
7G. Right from the accident scene till "A Film by Selvaraghavan". Ravikrishnana pArthE parithaabappada vechiruppaar.

MADDY
10th July 2009, 11:19 PM

kisi gaav mein yae kissaan ragu thaatthaa?? hai |

:lol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazaaron_Khwaishein_Aisi

spoiler alert - this movie will spoil your weekend :P

Paruthiveeran climax - too much man.......i still nauseate thinking of the dialogues she says during the rape scene - arghhh.....ek dujhe ke liye climax is another depressing oppressor :evil: ......

Nayagan climax - infact many scenes - just too much to handle......the scene where kamal's daughter refuses to let him touch her son.......honestly i wasnt moved even half to this by godfather too....infact i dont even remember many scenes in godfather unlike nayagan which is evergreen....ilayaraja, maniratnam, kamalhassan - very important step in tamil cinema or indian cinema for that matter.....

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 11:20 PM
SS,

Moondram Pirai
Aval Appadiththaan
Kaadhal
Chennai 28
Sathi Leelavathi (actually the climax before the climax)
//
apdi thaan naanum nenachuttu bladder kaali pannittu first meetku ponen... anga aappam kadalaikari... apple juicenu veruppaetthittaanga...

thanks to siva... atleast he gave me company in doing pranayama....

after that me & siva met a couple of time for OUR kinda meet...
ippo sivavum escape :(
//

vennilaa kabadi kuzhu... watched it day before...
not sure if it was the right climax, but a strong one...

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 11:20 PM
Three Colors - White (P.K Ramasamy: pardon pardon)

complicateur
11th July 2009, 01:16 AM
Chennai - 28. Cracking shot 8-)
trible re-inforce!

Thalafanz
11th July 2009, 06:15 AM
adhaanE, anjaathE-la Prasanna thanakku thaanE kaikuduthukkura maadhiri namakku naamE sears :lol:

Best climax: Kadhal :mrgreen:

'Cheers' sonnathum onnu nyAbagathukku varuthu. Oru padathula annan Gaundar ethukku 'cheers' soolurOm-nu oru vilakkam koduppAru pArungga... :bow: Genius... :cool:

Kalyasi
11th July 2009, 08:47 AM
SS,

Naanum Varen Naanum Varen!!

SoftSword
13th July 2009, 02:12 PM
SS,

ur in chennai rite???

groucho070
13th July 2009, 03:11 PM
Was looking at previous thread. Ada ada ada...enna fight-u :lol:

Anyway of recent films I watched, I was moved by Kalluri climax.

Leaving out NT, let's alasu next two favourites:

Rajini: Mullum Malarum, Johnny, Sri Raghavendra (not too keen on the movie, but the climax was interesting with the buildup given by Guruvee Saranam song), Annamalai, Baba (anti-climax), Sivaji.

Kamal: King of great climaxes. (All The KB films Kamal did) 16 Vayathinile, Uyarnthavargal, Mundram Pirai, Salanggai Oli, Vazhvey Mayam (I was 9, mom had to console me to stop my tears), Nayagan, Mahanathi, Kuruthi Punal, MMKR :lol: , Apoorva Sahotharargal, Anbe Sivam, MX. I forgot the climax of Aval Appadithaan.

Kalyasi
13th July 2009, 03:47 PM
SS,

ur in chennai rite???

No Bengaluru... Enna SS, IPL nadakum pothu enga veedu BTM 1st stage la irukku vaanga nu sonnene, maranthuteengala?

SoftSword
13th July 2009, 06:05 PM
SS,

ur in chennai rite???

No Bengaluru... Enna SS, IPL nadakum pothu enga veedu BTM 1st stage la irukku vaanga nu sonnene, maranthuteengala?

oh ok....
last week lm told me that he is gonna meet u in chennai on a hub meet... thats why i asked... maybe i misunderstood....

sari vidunga....
namma CR thalaimaila oru special meet arrange panniduvom....

crajkumar_be
13th July 2009, 06:11 PM
//Last Dig: Thozhargale, thondana poi thalama thaanga solreengale.. and "thala"ma na sattappadi kalyanji dhaan :razz: anyway, PM la pesippom.. //

Sarna
13th July 2009, 06:25 PM
//Last Dig: Thozhargale, thondana poi thalama thaanga solreengale.. and "thala"ma na sattappadi kalyanji dhaan :razz: anyway, PM la pesippom.. //

include me also :)

Avadi to America
13th July 2009, 10:29 PM

Rajini: Mullum Malarum, Johnny, Sri Raghavendra (not too keen on the movie, but the climax was interesting with the buildup given by Guruvee Saranam song), Annamalai, Baba (anti-climax), Sivaji.

Kamal: King of great climaxes. (All The KB films Kamal did) 16 Vayathinile, Uyarnthavargal, Mundram Pirai, Salanggai Oli, Vazhvey Mayam (I was 9, mom had to console me to stop my tears), Nayagan, Mahanathi, Kuruthi Punal, MMKR :lol: , Apoorva Sahotharargal, Anbe Sivam, MX. I forgot the climax of Aval Appadithaan.

Sripriya comes to railway station to receive kamal and kamal meets sripriya with his wife (saritha). In car, sripriya asks saritha, what do you think about "penn urimai or penn adimaithanam" something like. saritha says "what does it mean"......Amazing climax..... i do not know the reason but i feel it this is the best movie ever made in tamil. :clap: i consider this movie above all KBs movie that supports "penn urimai".

jaiganes
14th July 2009, 01:22 AM

Sripriya comes to railway station to receive kamal and kamal meets sripriya with his wife (saritha). In car, sripriya asks saritha, what do you think about "penn urimai or penn adimaithanam" something like. saritha says "what does it mean"......Amazing climax..... i do not know the reason but i feel it this is the best movie ever made in tamil. :clap: i consider this movie above all KBs movie that supports "penn urimai".

KB's pen urimai went for a huge sixer with Sindhu Bhairavi climax and leadup scenes. All that work done by Achchamillai achchamillai and kalyana agadhigaL undone in one swoop.

Avadi to America
14th July 2009, 07:34 AM

KB's pen urimai went for a huge sixer with Sindhu Bhairavi climax and leadup scenes. All that work done by Achchamillai achchamillai and kalyana agadhigaL undone in one swoop.

aval appadithan is more relaistic than KB dramtic movies.....that's why i mentioed here....infact this one is like a docudrama....

rangan_08
14th July 2009, 06:02 PM
Climax of Bala's films are always debatable, I guess. To me, it's sort of convincing.

P_R
14th July 2009, 06:30 PM
Andha Naal
Ends like the start

SoftSword
14th July 2009, 07:02 PM
if there is any "desperate climax" thread, please add VKK to that...

Shakthiprabha
14th July 2009, 07:05 PM
My choices in no preferential order

Puthiya paravai
antha naaL
aalaiyamani
muthal mariyathai
uyarntha manithan
motar suntharam piLLai
___
kalyaana parisu
kalangarai viLakkam
iru kodugaL
___
Sigappu rojakkaL
Manmadha leelai
UnaaL mudiyum thambi
Guna
avargaL
avaL oru thodarkathai
nizhal nijamaagirathu
oru oothapoo kaN simitugirathu
avaL appadith thaan :( :( :(
__
MuLLum malarum
6 il irunthu 60 varai
engEyo kEtta kural
_
AThE kangaL
uthirip pookaL
Kaathalukku Mariyathai
Kushi
Vaali
Iyarkai :( :(
Mouna Raagam
AlaigaL oivathillai
__
AlaipayuthE
MinnalE
__

crajkumar_be
14th July 2009, 07:07 PM
Oh yes, Sigappu Rojakkal last shot - Ilaiyaraaja + Kamal show :notworthy:

Roshan
14th July 2009, 09:27 PM
My choices in no preferential order

Puthiya paravai
antha naaL
aalaiyamani
muthal mariyathai
uyarntha manithan
motar suntharam piLLai
___
kalyaana parisu
kalangarai viLakkam
iru kodugaL
___
Sigappu rojakkaL
Manmadha leelai
UnaaL mudiyum thambi
Guna
avargaL
avaL oru thodarkathai
nizhal nijamaagirathu
oru oothapoo kaN simitugirathu
avaL appadith thaan :( :( :(
__
MuLLum malarum
6 il irunthu 60 varai
engEyo kEtta kural
_
AThE kangaL
uthirip pookaL
Kaathalukku Mariyathai
Kushi
Vaali
Iyarkai :( :(
Mouna Raagam
AlaigaL oivathillai
__
AlaipayuthE
MinnalE
__

Highlighted ones plus the following (ippOthaikku gnApagathukku vanthathu.. ) Have not seen Andha NaaL .

Kaadhal
Naayagan
Samsaaram adhu minsaaram
Kuruthi puNal
Mugavari (original climax)
Love Today
Ramana
Thanneer thanneer
Achamillai achamillai
Unnidathil ennai koduthEn (Karthik :thumbsup:)
5 Star (the aruvA scene )
Raman ethanai ramanadi
Keladi Kanmani
Aasai

Regarding AlaigaL Oyavathillai ..

Vivek's side kick: appadi sollAtheengannE ... namma kAdhal alaigal Oyvathillai karthik raadha kaadhal maathiri..

Vivek : yethu yethu.. kadaisila kadakkara OramA kaiyya kOrthuttu thoorathula nadanthu pOittu iruppAnga.. appO "a film by barathirajah" (in BR's voice") appadinnu varumE adhuvA ?

SK: aamannE

Vivek: adai.. athukkappuRam avanga patta kashtatha barathirajah kAttAma vittutaarudA.. :lol:

One of the climaxes that I dislike the most.

VENKIRAJA
14th July 2009, 11:16 PM
Mugavari
One of the best ever.

Mahen
15th July 2009, 06:50 AM
Mugavari
One of the best ever.

Agreed.. :) IMO, ajith's best performance...

hamid
15th July 2009, 10:36 AM
"Varusham 16 " - very good climax.. the climax made movie as one of the best in that times

if the climax is like Karthick and Kushboo are married.. it wud have become a very ordinary film and wud not have much impact on veiwers..

Kalyasi
15th July 2009, 10:50 AM
"Varusham 16 " - very good climax.. the climax made movie as one of the best in that times

if the climax is like Karthick and Kushboo are married.. it wud have become a very ordinary film and wud not have much impact on veiwers.. :exactly:

Plum
15th July 2009, 10:56 AM

if the climax is like Karthick and Kushboo are married.. it wud have become a very ordinary film and wud not have much impact on veiwers..

That was exactly the mistake Fazil did in the Malayalam original, "Ennennum KaNNEttaNde...". He changed the ending in the tamil version

hamid
15th July 2009, 10:59 AM

That was exactly the mistake Fazil did in the Malayalam original, "Ennennum KaNNEttaNde...". He changed the ending in the tamil version

Plum.. unga jeneral naaledge konjam overa irukku.. anyway thanks for the info.. i didnt know it :)

hamid
15th July 2009, 02:51 PM
Was "Puthiya Paravai" mentioned in this thread?

It had a wonderful climax :)

hattori_hanzo
15th July 2009, 03:01 PM
Oru Kaidhiyin Diary - K.Bhagyaraj scripted one of the best climaxes, but sodhappified it in its Hind version

hamid
15th July 2009, 03:02 PM
Kaithiyin Diary? :roll:

The movie is v.good and it runs along the expected lines...
nothing spl in the climax right? :confused2:

groucho070
15th July 2009, 03:16 PM
Hamid, PP was mentioned by Joe somewhere in the beginning.

As for Kaidhiyin Diary. Yes, its pretty unique for its time. Nobody suspected that the statue was daddy Kamal, and the slow-mo shot of him descending from the horse and killing the bad guy...awesome!

hamid
15th July 2009, 03:24 PM
Groucho.. i differ here..

Best climax.. means something spl in the climax.. something we didnt expect or something which has moved us etc..

Here the whole movie is about revenge and 3 bad guys will already be killed and all of us know the last guy will also be killed.. nothing spl in the climax.. the whole movie as a whole is nice one.. and climax just suits the film.. it doesnt stand out as spl..

groucho070
15th July 2009, 03:34 PM
Okay. The whole thing about OKD is, not the what will happen, but rather, how does he goes around killing bad guys. You can say the same about Apoorva Sahotharargal. That Kamal was decked up in gold as the statue and doing it right there in front of thousands including his son and other cop was something I've not seen. It's the how that astonished me as a kid then, not the knowledge that the third one will be bumped off. :D But its okay if you don't feel the same. Let's move on :D

hamid
15th July 2009, 03:46 PM
:) Groucho.. that is one movie I loved.. I just said the climax was not spl for me .. but the whole movie is..

Okay.. letz move on..

app_engine
15th July 2009, 04:41 PM

I don't think 'ennennum kaNNEttande' had marriage in the end :? It was a "softly tragic and poetic" climax, very fitting - unlike the violent one in Thamizh. Possibly Fazil was trying to differentiate the Kerala / TN sensitivities.

hattori_hanzo
15th July 2009, 04:56 PM
:) Groucho.. that is one movie I loved.. I just said the climax was not spl for me .. but the whole movie is..

Okay.. letz move on..

hamid, opinions differ :-) like groucho, i too found the climax pretty thrilling. As the first two murders were well planned and executed, I was more keen on how the 3rd one was going to to happen.

other good climaxes:

Pudhiya Paravai
Andha 7 Naatkal

Anbe Sivam
Kurudhippunal
Chanakyan
Thevar Magan

Murattu Kaalai
Thillu Mullu (Thengai simply stole the show from the superstars)
Citizen (The climax was much better than the entire movie)
Ramana
Thalapathy (I heard this movie had an alternate climax - Rajini killed by Amrish Puri :roll: apdiya?)

hamid
15th July 2009, 05:01 PM

Okay.. letz move on..

hamid, opinions differ :-)
Agreed..:)

Thalapathy (I heard this movie had an alternate climax - Rajini killed by Amrish Puri :roll: apdiya?)

Yes.. In malayalam version I heard Rajini is killed and Mamooty will punish the villan.. I think that is better for the storyline.. but in TN we cant imagine that no :) It started with NT in VM i believe. He was not allowed to die in VM and the climax was reshoot :D

app_engine
15th July 2009, 05:04 PM

Okay.. letz move on..

hamid, opinions differ :-) like groucho, i too found the climax pretty thrilling. As the first two murders were well planned and executed, I was more keen on how the 3rd one was going to to happen.

Actually the climax was the dumbest part of that movie :-(

It was completely cinematic and unconvincing, leaving me (and most classmates who watched with me) totally irritated.

OTOH, the other two were somewhat believable. Three jAmbhavAns together sodhappified in climax (BR/KBR/Kamal) :-(

On the whole, the best part of OKD is the Kamal-Radha portions and the film practically ended with his imprisonment, after that only masAlA, with some redeeming moments between old Kamal & Revathy (பயந்துட்டேங்களோன்னு நெனச்சேன்...)

app_engine
15th July 2009, 05:08 PM
OKD also raised this question - why in movies there are often the #3 for killings / pazhi vAngals etc? :-) (andha kanoon / OKD / tik-tik-tik quickly come to mind)

Compared to OKD, AS climax was great (and believable) (ok ok, they had 4 villains in that)!

hattori_hanzo
15th July 2009, 05:21 PM
OKD also raised this question - why in movies there are often the #3 for killings / pazhi vAngals etc? :-) (andha kanoon / OKD / tik-tik-tik quickly come to mind)

Compared to OKD, AS climax was great (and believable) (ok ok, they had 4 villains in that)!

AE, sorry I feel AS's climax was the worst part of the whole movie. The ending was too simple. I expected a somewhat dark ending and not a funny one.

Coming back to OKD, you guys should watch it's Hindi version, Aakhri Raasta, directed by Bhagyaraj. Its almost a remake but for the climax which is entirely different. It was neither interesting nor believable.

hattori_hanzo
15th July 2009, 05:25 PM

From Singaravelan:

Appava konna andha naalu per yaaru ma? :lol:

Plum
15th July 2009, 05:33 PM
I know it is not popular but I just absolutely love the climax of MMKR, as I do everything about that movie, except, ironically, the work of the one man associated with that movie whom I hold high above everyone else in the movie(and everyone not in the movie, too). I mean, I like the music of MMKR but it is way behind among other IR works for me.
The beauty of it is that all the characters are themselves in the climax - it is like this is how this character would react in this situation - no gag out of the place just to create a LOL moment. This is an achievement much overlooked when self-appointed pundits declaim the conclusion of this movie. Right from the seriousness of Jayabharathi all through, and her concern and determination to get her flock together and retain all chicken in her flock, to Santhanabarathy's "Naanum appa dhaanepa", to Michael's show-boating to Kameswaran's "naan poraen, vegetarianolliyo, kaila balam illa, neengaLLam nanna irungo" to the fitting finale - VAM's "kizhinjidhu idhula telungu vera". If I remember right, Manorama still tries to push Roopini onto Madan after they get safely down or makes certain gestures to that effect. In effect, it is like all actors absorbed their characters, and just behaved as those characters would and the laughs and the gags were a side effect(though I do believe most of it is scripted(if not pre-scripted, atleast on the spot) and executed, which makes it an even bigger achievement).

Plum
15th July 2009, 05:34 PM
And I forgot the "edhavadhu pOdunga boss" by venkatesh to nasser, who throws the handkerchief he just wiped his nose with :lol:

equanimus
15th July 2009, 06:19 PM
Plum,
MMKR 'ai ellAm defensive 'A introduce seyyaRadhE thappu.

The very conception (to put 20-odd "mangoes" in the cliff-hanging cabin of 'The Gold Rush'!), great slapstick staging (Kameshwaran manages to only tickle pAtti's feet as he leans forward to pull her up!), pitch-perfect dialogue ripe with irony (a father asking for his son's name in a moment of life and death!).

P_R
15th July 2009, 06:24 PM
Plum,
Exactly.
As CR would say: mahApAvam

btw yaaru criticize paNNaangannu, neenga defensive-A ezhudhureenga ? :huh:

The very conception (to put 20-odd "mangoes" in the cliff-hanging cabin of 'The Gold Rush'!), great slapstick staging (Kameshwaran manages to only tickle pAtti's feet as he leans forward to pull her up!), pitch-perfect dialogue ripe with irony (a father asking for his son's name in a moment of life and death!). :rotfl:

Plum
15th July 2009, 06:47 PM
Plum,
Exactly.

btw yaaru criticize paNNaangannu, neenga defensive-A ezhudhureenga ? :huh:

The very conception (to put 20-odd "mangoes" in the cliff-hanging cabin of 'The Gold Rush'!), great slapstick staging (Kameshwaran manages to only tickle pAtti's feet as he leans forward to pull her up!), pitch-perfect dialogue ripe with irony (a father asking for his son's name in a moment of life and death!). :rotfl:

ada, ivLO supporters iruppEngannu therinjirundha ezhudhi irukka mAttenpa. AnbE sivam-ku 9 votes pOtuttu, MMKR-ku 3 pOtta hub-ngaradhALa, konjam pamma vEndiyadha pochu.

neenga rendu perum innum neraiya ezhudhaNum MMKR pathi

Sarna
15th July 2009, 06:50 PM
MMKR-ku 3 pOtta hub-ngaradhALa

Plum, Equa, PR... 1+1+1 = 3 .... kanakku sariyaadhaan irukku :)

Plum
15th July 2009, 06:51 PM
sarna, equa vote ellam pOda maattar. "Art-la democracy velaikkaavadhu"nnu principle ellaam vechurukkaar. I wonder who is that 3rd voter - CR-A irukkumO?

crajkumar_be
15th July 2009, 06:59 PM
I voted for Sethupathi and Appadurai

equanimus
15th July 2009, 07:35 PM
Plum,
Exactly.
Eerily enough (or is it?), I had also initially typed (or thought of typing) the same - mahApAvam. (But then changed my mind thinking it'd sound like I'm "shooting the messenger.") Our 'vattAravazhakku' is getting obscurer by the day. Insidious effect on impressionable minds, I say.

Kamal reworked this bit into Mumbai Xpress when Raju (Avinasi's brother-in-law) touches Chettiyar's behind because he's unable to reach his feet. He says, "idhai unga kAlA ninachukkOnga!" :rotfl:

crajkumar_be
15th July 2009, 07:36 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Plum
15th July 2009, 08:37 PM
CR, nIngaLUm oru naalu vaarthai solradhu MMKR pathi...

crajkumar_be
15th July 2009, 08:57 PM
Neenga ellam ivvalavu azhaga ezhudhirukkeengale, pudhusa solla edhuvum illa :)

venkkiram
16th July 2009, 12:37 AM
காதல்
மூன்றாம் பிறை
சலங்கை ஒலி
முதல் மரியாதை
வைதேகி காத்திருந்தாள் - ( ராதாரவி அடிக்க வரும்போது விஜயகாந்த் பிணமாக சரிவது ..க்ளாஸ்!)
சம்சாரம் அது மின்சாரம்
சித்திரம் பேசுதடி
சுமைதாங்கி
புதியபறவை
என் பொம்முக்குட்டி அம்மாவுக்கு
வருஷம் பதினாறு
முள்ளும் மலரும்
உதிரிப்பூக்கள்
செந்தூரப்பூவே

vithagan
16th July 2009, 12:49 AM
இதயம்
காதலுக்கு மரியாதை (Ilayaraja rules the climax)
பூவே உனக்காக
பொற்க்காலம்
பாரதி கண்ணம்மா
பண்ணீர் புஷ்பங்கள்
அஞ்சலி
இது நம்ம ஆளு
மூன்றாம் பிறை
காதல் கொண்டேன்
lot to continue......

Roshan
16th July 2009, 10:19 AM
Bharathi Kannamma
PoRkaalam
En bommukutty ammavukku

Thanks Venkiram for reminding..

hattori_hanzo
16th July 2009, 03:01 PM
Chandralekha
Alibabavum 40 thirudargalum

viraajan
16th July 2009, 03:09 PM
A climax that instantly comes to my mind when I read the title of thread is the climax of "Subramaniapuram"

Stunning!

Best climax in recent times!

Sasikumar :clap:

MADDY
16th July 2009, 03:27 PM
Sivaji - well, my fascination for shankar movies makes me say this ,maybe :P ......Sivaji's commercial success (watver it had) stood mainly on its climax......climax looked a different movie altogether.......

Arangetra velai - in the end i felt so bad for the 3 and Jai Ganesh character too felt the same :bow:

kannathil muthamittal - thalaivar BGM and chichuveshan - too much for me to handle :)

Vivasaayi
16th July 2009, 04:53 PM
Sivaji - well, my fascination for shankar movies makes me say this ,maybe :P ......Sivaji's commercial success (watver it had) stood mainly on its climax......climax looked a different movie altogether.......

Arangetra velai - in the end i felt so bad for the 3 and Jai Ganesh character too felt the same :bow:

kannathil muthamittal - thalaivar BGM and chichuveshan - too much for me to handle :)

prabhu is a wonderful actor :)

Vivasaayi
16th July 2009, 04:54 PM

prabhu is a wonderful actor :)

Nerd
16th July 2009, 07:46 PM
Sivaji's commercial success (watver it had)
ayyA enna solreenga? :lol2:

HonestRaj
16th July 2009, 09:05 PM
To start with:

RAMANA

MADDY
17th July 2009, 08:19 AM

i put that because i didnt want to invite further arguements.....watever it had = 70 cr or 110 cr = neenga solra madhiriyum sollalaam, naa solra madhiryum sollalaam......i firmly believe sivaji is one of the biggest hits in rajini/shankar careers

rangan_08
18th July 2009, 04:50 PM
1. Keladi Kanmani (feel good & positive end)

2. Aasai (inspite of Prakashraj's "bhayam". Poornam performs best when he is silent)

3. Kadhal konden (andha BGM + dhanush - chumma theatre adhirnduchu)

rangan_08
20th July 2009, 08:12 PM
To start with:

RAMANA

followed by

OOMAI VIZHIGAL

PULAN VISARANAI

CAPT. PRABHAKARAN

rangan_08
21st July 2009, 07:03 PM
1. ADHEY KANGAL : In the very beginning itself, right after the famous AVM " Horn" goes off, we hear Major Sundarrajan's voice in the background saying, " Peranbumikka rasigapperumakkale, vanakkam. Padathai parungal, rasiyungal - aanal dhayavuseidhu padathin mudivai mattum yaridamum sollividadheergal endru thazhmayudan kettukolgirom....etc. And of course, the climax also withstood this over buil-up, to an extent.

2. KADHALIKKA NERAMILLAI : Good entertainer.

3. AAN PAAVAM : The climax had a rousing applause & the janangal were full of smiles when they came out of theatres.

4. POOVIZHI VASALILE : Once again, audience reaction was good.

Dilbert
28th July 2009, 05:20 AM

i put that because i didnt want to invite further arguements.....watever it had = 70 cr or 110 cr = neenga solra madhiriyum sollalaam, naa solra madhiryum sollalaam......i firmly believe sivaji is one of the biggest hits in rajini/shankar careers

ARR Career's?? :?:

Avadi to America
28th July 2009, 08:26 AM

patti mandram raja's career......

MADDY
28th July 2009, 08:27 AM

"As a matter of fact" - yes