PDA

View Full Version : MOBILE PHONE QUERY

karthik_sa2
26th February 2007, 04:43 PM
guys
i have bought a motorola L6 phone and am not sure how to use the blue tooth technology in that. basically can anybody help me out with what exactly is blue tooth and how can i tranfer data from pc to mobile.does the pc need a blue tooth device??how much would it cost?pls reply if anybody knows

mgb
26th February 2007, 05:50 PM
for transferring files between mobiles, go bluetooth >> on and then you have to go to the file >> send >> through bluetooth.. it will search for other mobiles with bluetooth activated and display the mobile name, you have to select it to send it to the mobile.. if it askes for password, just type 1 in both the mobile..

for transfeering files between your mobile and laptop, you require a bluetooth device (cost should be around Rs.300) and install bluetooth using the instalation cd, then insert the bluetooth device in the pendrive and repeat the procedure mention in the para above..

karthik_sa2
26th February 2007, 08:16 PM
thanx a million mgb for ur response. :D can u also pls tell me what is a pen drive and am not able to activate the delivery report in messages<moto L6>.kindly help :ty:

mgb
26th February 2007, 08:32 PM
for getting delivery report, after typing your message look for options>> message settings>> delivery report>> yes

pendrive: laptop irundhaal sidela paarunga, cd driveku pakkathilayo, illai directly oppositelayo irukkum.. it is also called as f drive :)

karthik_sa2
26th February 2007, 08:38 PM
:ty: :ty: mgb

karthik_sa2
27th February 2007, 05:15 PM
mgb am afraid u have to help me again.i bought a new bluetooth dongle and connected to my pc.installed the software too.but it is not recognising my mobile.how to go about it??what is the thing i need to do in my phone.help me :confused2: pls

mgb
27th February 2007, 06:18 PM
check the following:

did you insert the bluetooth in the f drive ? then did you go to programs are you able to see blue soleil option, if so then select and make it displayed
did you set the bluetooth on in the mobile ? then did you try to send the file from mobile through bluetooth ?

karthik_sa2
27th February 2007, 10:05 PM
s i did all u said but am not sure what to do in my mobile.i switched the blue tooth on but it didn recognise any device.same with the pc it didn recognise my mobile blue tooth.should i search for the device or does it get detected automatically from my mobile.take my mobile being client and pc as server

mgb
28th February 2007, 01:41 PM
when you activate bluetooth in your laptop, you will see a window open.. you will notice an orange colored round item in the centre along with an ellipse, like the planetary system.. double click on the orange colored tab which in the centre.. it will detect your mobile..

karthik_sa2
28th February 2007, 02:39 PM
no it says no device found

mgb
28th February 2007, 03:59 PM
after activating blue tooth in your mobile, are you able to see the bluetooth icon in your mobile's screen.. if not please take your mobile to your dealer..

karthik_sa2
28th February 2007, 04:52 PM
s the icon flashes for 60 secs

karthik_sa2
28th February 2007, 04:54 PM
i think the prob;em must be with the blue tooth dongle.

mgb
28th February 2007, 05:01 PM
possible, there are so many duplicates in market.. check the bluetooth with somebody else's laptop also

karthik_sa2
1st March 2007, 05:30 PM
i checked it .its working fine.i dono what is the problem may be cos i use win98 os or maybe my usb ports not workin properly :banghead:
anyway very kind of u .u r the only one responding :D