PDA

View Full Version : Lobster recipes

vetrivendan
28th February 2007, 01:38 AM
Does anybody have good lobster recipes? If so, please post them

Anoushka
28th February 2007, 05:07 AM
vv: enna indha pakkam? :)

seri... mummy used to make tiger prawns fry - maybe will work with lobster too....

I will get the recipe for you when I call her tomorrow...

as far as I know she used to clean it and shallow fry it with coconut chopped into tiny little pieces and chilli powder, turmeric & salt, am not sure what else she adds to it!

vetrivendan
1st March 2007, 06:30 AM
Hi Anou,
How are you? My wife wanted to try lobster. So, I posted here to see if somebody has a good recipe.

Regards,

solona
11th April 2007, 11:26 AM
Hi VV,

You can cook lobsters in Indian way as Vindaloo
3 obsters
2 big onion
2 tomatoes
1 and a half tablespoon of garlic paste
2 tablespoons of cumin powder
1/2 tablespoon chilli powder
3 tablespoons of Vinegar (white)

Steam the lobster(cut into 2 lenghtwise n cleaned) for 10 minutes, take the flesh chop into small pieces and reserve.

Fry the onions slices until transparent add tomatoes and a bit of water fry well until the gravy forms and add garlic.
Wait until the gravy changes colour (dark red) add the spice powders and a cup of water fry well and then add the lobster and vineger simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot.

Oven lobster with garlic and chilli sauce.

1 lobster (cut lengthwise n cleaned)
1 onion
1 small tomato
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of gingergarlic paste
2 green chillies

Fry the onions, tomatoes, garlic and green chillies add a small amt of water and turmeric and keep aside the gravy.

Cook the lobster in an hot oven for 15 minutes in a oiled baking tray. Take out, spread the gravy over and cook for another 20 minutes (this depends on the size of the lobster) here in the south seas we find really big ones which need more cooking tims.

You can use the same receipe with different gravies

You can also do Spring rolls with the lobster flesh.

gaya3usa
18th April 2007, 04:52 AM
All shrimp recipes will match with lobster.
Lobster is great on BBQ grill :idea: