PDA

View Full Version : Which Indian movie do u think was most path breaking??

Aandavan
5th March 2007, 07:20 PM
no polls here.. i feel movies like,

Pushpak, Heyram were the most path breaking movies in the history of cinema that i had seen..

manuel
10th March 2007, 05:36 PM
How about Parasakthi, Mudhal Mariayadai, Roja
Mother India, sholay, Munnabhai MBBS

rookie007
25th April 2007, 06:08 AM
Bombay is one of the movie I think that was path breaking movie..... Teh core of the subject of the movie is MIND BLOWING....Hats of to Mani sir for being brave to make a movie like Bombay....

rajes002
30th April 2007, 03:33 AM
Pathbreaking or Trendsetter?

I guess a pathbreaking movie is most sucessfull if it creates a trend. In other words - something novel that breaks the present trend as well creates a trend of its own with many followers.

In that category two movies come to my mind:

1. In Hindi - Zanjeer (chain) - It created the angry young one-man arymy image for Amitabh. It broke all the previous drama based and love story based movies starring Rajesh Khanna et al (and movies like bobby etc). It spawned a new generation of movies - where one or two heroes get-together to bash the villain in his den. One sucessful follow-up was Sholay.

However, I consider this a bad trend... something from which Hindi movies took a long time to recover until QSQT came along. QSQT created another trend or rather rediscovered the young-lovers trend.

2. In tamil - when TF were dominated by city-based and in-door sets-based social message movies led by MGR, Sivaji (also woman power and comedy-based KB movies), there arrived an out-door based village movie: "16 Vayuthinile". The trend was strong to carry for almost a generation.... and is still going strong inspite of all those masala movies.

Querida
30th April 2007, 08:18 AM
can you please define what you mean by path breaking? Do you mean as rajes earlier posted: "ones that set a trend" or the offshoot ones...like KB or Bharathiraja movies for instance....or the ones that are documentarish like Autography, Thavamai Thavamirundu, Meendum Seethai, Sethu, Pithamagan,Kasi, Kutty, Kanavu Mei Paada Vendum, Paruthiveeran, Kadhal, Veyyil or even Selvaraghavan's Pudhupettai....?

nickraman
12th May 2007, 08:00 AM
Udhayananu Thaaram.

Best black comedy on South Cinema ever!

madhus369
15th June 2007, 01:37 AM
Hindi: Sholay. None before or after managed to achieve that magic.

Tamil: 16 Vayathinile. Took the films deeper into the village psyche after 'Annakkili'. Established the future of Tamil films with Rajini, Kamal and Sridevi. (& even Bhagyaraaj).

Malayalam: Chemmeen. As in the case of Sholay, none before, none after.

Telugu: Shankarabharanam (not a frequent viewer of Telugu movies)

Bengali: Paroma (Aparna Sen's movie on Rakhee. Awesome)

madhus369
15th June 2007, 01:39 AM
As for 'Udhayanaanu Tharam', it is good. But, it is a blatant copy of Bowfinger. Nevertheless, it is a good movie.