PDA

View Full Version : Varalaaru By ARRahman - Vairamuthu - KS Ravikumar

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

ansa400
3rd November 2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah,, but its the producers who should take the step to promote the film.. In the case of Varalaaru the producer would've been happy just 2 see the film released, that itself is a big achievement..inspite of this if they got good collections, then its well and good......may be they weren't ready to spend more on the movie in the form of advertisement...

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 04:22 PM
I had a different experience half an hour ago. I was coming out of an SBI atm in tanjore and was trying to pull out my bike from an array of 2-wheelers. Suddenly i heard 'Kattil maelae kabaddi kabaddi' line from a car that was passing by. I was really happy to see people now listening to ARR songs as they were doing before. But the ultimate shock was next to follow. A middle aged bullock cart driver who had parked(!!!) his vehicle near a tree started singing 'Ooh...aah..ooh..aah' humming from the same song.

Idhu eppadi irukku?

A.ANAND
3rd November 2006, 04:38 PM
ennathu,sun tvla g.f songs kalakkum innu nenachen,onnume theriyatha matiri irukkanungga,ennna acchu sir!!!???chennai vasigale konjam puyale kellapunggppaa!!!!!!!!!!

MADDY
3rd November 2006, 05:17 PM
ennathu,sun tvla g.f songs kalakkum innu nenachen,onnume theriyatha matiri irukkanungga,ennna acchu sir!!!???chennai vasigale konjam puyale kellapunggppaa!!!!!!!!!!

it seems sun tv wants to put down Ajith since he didnt attend MK's felicitation function.......so they are puposefully blocking this movies' songs and scenes.....so u wont find these songs on suntv :cry: .......

it seems they are stooping down to level of disconnecting callers requesting for GF's songs on sun music...... :twisted:

MADDY
3rd November 2006, 05:23 PM
I had a different experience half an hour ago. I was coming out of an SBI atm in tanjore and was trying to pull out my bike from an array of 2-wheelers. Suddenly i heard 'Kattil maelae kabaddi kabaddi' line from a car that was passing by. I was really happy to see people now listening to ARR songs as they were doing before. But the ultimate shock was next to follow. A middle aged bullock cart driver who had parked(!!!) his vehicle near a tree started singing 'Ooh...aah..ooh..aah' humming from the same song.

Idhu eppadi irukku?

soooooooperrrrrrmaaaaaaaaa :lol:

A.ANAND
3rd November 2006, 05:27 PM
chei!!!eppadiyellam pannuvangala kadavule!!!!evanunggalum evanungga politikkum uruppatta mathiritham.saniyan pudichavanungga sir,intha sun tv karanungga,ivangga sandaila namma thala[arr] songs illa veena poguthey!!!theivame kaappathu....

dinesh2002
3rd November 2006, 05:32 PM

it seems sun tv wants to put down Ajith since he didnt attend MK's felicitation function.......so they are puposefully blocking this movies' songs and scenes.....so u wont find these songs on suntv :cry: .......

it seems they are stooping down to level of disconnecting callers requesting for GF's songs on sun music...... :twisted:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: this is plain cheap attitude!!!!! arrghhh....when im i gonna see a GF song ,esp Innisai getting played in Sun tv....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :evil:

A.ANAND
3rd November 2006, 05:39 PM
kalaingar karunanithi ayya avargale,neengalekonjam peria manasu panni,sun music v.j va neengale g.f moviela irunthu 'theeyil viluntha thena' songs tune pannigana ennga vaithila pala kachana mathiri irukkum,seivinggalayya!!!haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

MADDY
3rd November 2006, 05:42 PM
infact, after jaya tv started promoting IR vigourously, Sun tv made it a point to promote ARR in every possible way..........they even removed that IR-jaalra from sapthaswaram..........inspite of this, they are behaving like this..... :shock: .....shows how much they hate Ajith.......

dinesh2002
3rd November 2006, 05:48 PM
infact, after jaya tv started promoting IR vigourously, Sun tv made it a point to promote ARR in every possible way..........they even removed that IR-jaalra from sapthaswaram..........inspite of this, they are behaving like this..... :shock: .....shows how much they hate Ajith.......

r u sure Sun Tv promoting ARR ?? i dun see them play any latest ARR hit numbers often... :(

kb
3rd November 2006, 09:26 PM

adapaavi.. ithukum ajith-ukkum enna sambantham :?

Ramakrishna
3rd November 2006, 09:27 PM

adapaavi.. ithukum ajith-ukkum enna sambantham :?

Avaru solla varathu ennanaa - even though Suntv supports ARR, its trying to show its hatred towards Ajith more than its support for ARR. 8-)

kb
3rd November 2006, 09:29 PM
oh.. appadi.. hmm..

rsubras
3rd November 2006, 09:36 PM
Sun TV ku oruthara pidikkalaina avangala evlo level keezhe irangiyaavathu black out panniduvanga..... Minnale and Thotti jaya are two classical examples..atleast Minnale bcame a blockbuster in terms of music and movies...but Thotti Jaya i dont know what fate it had...whether it was success or a flop itself......

Ramakrishna
3rd November 2006, 09:39 PM
Sun TV ku oruthara pidikkalaina avangala evlo level keezhe irangiyaavathu black out panniduvanga..... Minnale and Thotti jaya are two classical examples..atleast Minnale bcame a blockbuster in terms of music and movies...but Thotti Jaya i dont know what fate it had...whether it was success or a flop itself......

Yes u r right. In that case, the victim was the producer Kalaipuli thanu .Thotti jaya was a flop.

dinesh2002
4th November 2006, 07:49 AM

Yes u r right. In that case, the victim was the producer Kalaipuli thanu .Thotti jaya was a flop.

true...never seen them play the best song in Thotti Jeya... Uyire En Uyire b4....... :D

Plum
4th November 2006, 10:04 AM
Aha!Tamizhnattu CM-kku velaiye illai paavam - endha TV-la endha padam podaranga, paattu podaranga-nu paarthundu, adhula mookkai nuzhaikka solreenga - hmmm...

imsai
4th November 2006, 12:27 PM
[tscii:bc19d55184]Ajit cuts Simbu to size!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 04 November , 2006, 12:10

Before the release of Vallavan and Varalaaru , Simbu had told his close friends that he is getting two huge screens on Mount Road, Chennai- Devi and Sathyam big screen with combined seating capacity of over 2500 seats to screen his film.
Simbu wanted to prove that he is one-up on Ajit by saying that his film will take a better opening than Varalaaru. The trade however played it cool and never bothered to reply as they thought that it was “immature talk”!

Sathyam cinemas later played neutral as they gave two shows each for Ajit and Simbu at big screen and two shows at small Sree theatre. A peeved Simbu said that his film will replace ‘Thalai’ and he will get four shows at big Sathyam in two weeks.

But now (from Nov 3) the big news is that Varalaaru has grabbed all the four shows at the big screen while Vallavan has been shifted to the smaller screen!

The moral of the story- “Never count your chickens before they are hatched”.

Thalai :thumbsup:

Simbhu :oops: [/tscii:bc19d55184]

dinesh2002
4th November 2006, 12:36 PM
just saw Super 10 earlier in Sun Tv...saw it from No 4...

No 4 = VV
No 3 = Vathyar
No 2 = Vattaram

and NO 1 = VALLAVAN !!

wonder where is Varalaru....i know they hate Ajith to the core, but ignoring it totally will only make it more obvious!! Sun TV is showing as if Varalaaru is a flop.... no songs beeing played, never show Tiraivimarsanam of Varalaru, not in the Top 10 songs... hmm.... im really worried & sad!!!

imsai
4th November 2006, 12:40 PM
too bad

ArulprakasH
4th November 2006, 12:45 PM
just saw Super 10 earlier in Sun Tv...saw it from No 4...

No 4 = VV
No 3 = Vathyar
No 2 = Vattaram

and NO 1 = VALLAVAN !!

wonder where is Varalaru....i know they hate Ajith to the core, but ignoring it totally will only make it more obvious!! Sun TV is showing as if Varalaaru is a flop.... no songs beeing played, never show Tiraivimarsanam of Varalaru, not in the Top 10 songs... hmm.... im really worried & sad!!!

:shock: Vaathyar didnt release. It is supposed to release on NOV 10

rayan36
4th November 2006, 01:46 PM
I hope the guys at suntv knows about this forum

MADDY
4th November 2006, 06:26 PM
hey guys, i wanted to tell u all a shocking incident that happened on sun music now (18:00-18:30 hrs IST)......i was watching some stupid programme (unakkaage ellam unakkaage) here, a requestor had called in......the comperer asked "endha paattu venum"...........requestor began to say "Varalaaru-il irundhu...."......omperer suddenly cut him and said "ok, ungalukaaga oru super paattu varudhu" and cut the line.......they played "mogamul" song...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :omg: :evil: :twisted: :shock:

wtf man.....this is so open.......i thot ppl. were not serious when they said sun music comperers are cutting varalaaru songs, but it happened rite in front of my eyes.......unbelievable..........they are worse than CNN........thoooo......ithella oru pozhappu..... :twisted: :twisted:

Vysar
4th November 2006, 07:40 PM
does this mean srikanth deva is winning the battle?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/04-11-06-e.html

MADDY
4th November 2006, 07:43 PM
does this mean srikanth deva is winning the battle?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/04-11-06-e.html

they are just asking whether it will happen........thats it.......so romba kavala padathinga :lol: .....yes of course, srikanth deva has defeated YSR as of now......... :lol:

A.ANAND
4th November 2006, 10:35 PM
hey guys, i wanted to tell u all a shocking incident that happened on sun music now (18:00-18:30 hrs IST)......i was watching some stupid programme (unakkaage ellam unakkaage) here, a requestor had called in......the comperer asked "endha paattu venum"...........requestor began to say "Varalaaru-il irundhu...."......omperer suddenly cut him and said "ok, ungalukaaga oru super paattu varudhu" and cut the line.......they played "mogamul" song...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :omg: :evil: :twisted: :shock:

wtf man.....this is so open.......i thot ppl. were not serious when they said sun music comperers are cutting varalaaru songs, but it happened rite in front of my eyes.......unbelievable..........they are worse than CNN........thoooo......ithella oru pozhappu..... :twisted: :twisted:maddy thambi,matha channel'layum ethe kathithana???jaya tv,raj tv,vijay tvla g.f songs pogutha illaya???innga malaysiala sun tv thavira live channel onnum illai.jaya poguthu ana 5 senn ikkum punniyam illai,bc,pona varusam deepavali release'sa innum putham puthu geetham innu ottaranungga engga urula :omg: :hammer:

A.ANAND
4th November 2006, 10:45 PM
release agatha movielam no.3[vathiyar]position :rotfl: 1 one movielam list'la illai :banghead: :banghead: :argh: kodumai...

dinesh2002
5th November 2006, 03:53 AM

wtf man.....this is so open.......i thot ppl. were not serious when they said sun music comperers are cutting varalaaru songs, but it happened rite in front of my eyes.......unbelievable..........they are worse than CNN........thoooo......ithella oru pozhappu..... :twisted: :twisted:

THIS IS TOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x SOME 1 PROVIDE ME SUN TV'S EMAIL....ILL SCR*W THEM UP SIDE DOWN!!!! :hammer: :curse:

imsai
5th November 2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.sunnetwork.org/contactus/default.htm

:lol:

ajaybaskar
6th November 2006, 01:05 PM
Thing is that Nic Arts has not given the song footage of the film to any TV channels. Thats y the songs r not shown in the TV. In the comedy countdown programme(KTV) varallaru is first. A real comedy!!!

selvakumar
6th November 2006, 01:22 PM
Thing is that Nic Arts has not given the song footage of the film to any TV channels. Thats y the songs r not shown in the TV. In the comedy countdown programme(KTV) varallaru is first. A real comedy!!!

:rotfl: yes.. But SSC indeed gave songs and clippings. But SUNTV is not telcasting the same while others do !
I saw the comedy countdown. Not sure what they are thinking :evil:

ajaybaskar
6th November 2006, 01:40 PM

:rotfl: yes.. But SSC indeed gave songs and clippings. But SUNTV is not telcasting the same while others do !

Do they telecast GF songs? Which TV?

selvakumar
6th November 2006, 02:39 PM

Do they telecast GF songs? Which TV?

I saw Jeya TV telecasting them couple of times. Not sure about others. Not sure what happened really. IN case of crap SUNTV, it is pretty straight !

thumburu
6th November 2006, 05:48 PM
In Varalaaru , KSRavikumar vents his perversion in the name of comedy through
those ooty village scenes. How crude!!!
One can even forgive the gaping logic holes
in the already weak script. But what is more appalling is the utter insensitivity in the manner a serious crime like rape has been handled . He tries to cover up all that with the "aradha pazhaiya" "amma" sentiment.
Now we know who is dir Perarasu's mentor.
Varalaaru, minus Ajith's histrionics is pits.
When relative newbies like Jeeva could
choose better script,why not Ajith?

Renault
6th November 2006, 08:44 PM
Well said thumburu.

Ajith and ARR fans.. we all know that Sun TV is crap.. move on and enjoy Varalaaru's position in other channels.

MADDY
6th November 2006, 09:11 PM
In Varalaaru , KSRavikumar vents his perversion in the name of comedy through
those ooty village scenes. How crude!!!
One can even forgive the gaping logic holes
in the already weak script. But what is more appalling is the utter insensitivity in the manner a serious crime like rape has been handled . He tries to cover up all that with the "aradha pazhaiya" "amma" sentiment.
Now we know who is dir Perarasu's mentor.
Varalaaru, minus Ajith's histrionics is pits.
When relative newbies like Jeeva could
choose better script,why not Ajith?

Thumburu, that rapist Ajith gets the punishment in the end in the climax......when everyone in his family get together, he doesent get to live with them///.....i thot it was a beautiful ending and a poetic one at that......i dont think many saw this angle.....

i havent given away a spoiler i hope... :oops:

vijayr
6th November 2006, 09:20 PM
thumburu, you said it. I have said this many times earlier in other sites that KSR is a third-rate pervert. When he gets to work in Kamal movies(as a teaboy ofcourse as we all know who does the actual brainstorming) or in Rajni movies his tail is cut short. But given lesser stars and lowkey films our man displays his perversion in full flow. Even worse, you should see some of the movies in which he himself acted as the villian/hero in the 90s - like Muthhu kuLikka vaareegaLa and some others which I forget. Godawful. He also made some astounding crap like Bandmaster and such.

I sometimes get pissed off at Kamal for continuing to choose KSR as his teaboy :-) Maybe KSR is good in getting things done on schedule and sticks to the budget. Thats probably why he continues to get offers. He has redefined medicority in his own unique way

vijayr
6th November 2006, 09:23 PM
Maddy, just because someone criticizes the film it doesnt mean that they are criticizing ARR. Pl dont feel the need to defend a film just because it has music by ARR.

vijayr
6th November 2006, 09:26 PM
Also another KSR/Ajith classic is "Villian" in which Ajith tries hard to act like a retarded or handicapped guy and ends up making it a full-length comedy

Renault
6th November 2006, 10:02 PM
Vijayr, u seem to be a person with a similar mindset and Point of View as mine.

Good point.

MADDY
6th November 2006, 10:14 PM

Good point.

adhu naanga sollanum.......vijayr is a proven neutral guy in TFM.......he is not a inch IRish or ARRish........ :D .......so think, whether u r really neutral after all ur IR family praising???

vijayr, point noted......but i like both ARR and Ajith a lot..... :D .....and i liked this film a lot....

rsubras
6th November 2006, 10:41 PM
yea me too feel the same that KSR is perverted.... he tries to bring back the beaten-to-death-in-80 Rape and marry concept....... aamblai na apadi than niroobikanuma ba.... this was the place where i felt uncomfortable watching the otherwise enjoyable film...

villan007
6th November 2006, 10:43 PM
Also another KSR/Ajith classic is "Villian" in which Ajith tries hard to act like a retarded or handicapped guy and ends up making it a full-length comedy

hmmm... adhan TN govt virudhu kuduthaanga,filmfare award kuduthaanga , padam super hit aachu la :D ....

summa criticise pannanume nu panna kuudathu ! absolutely BASELESS points... temme a better handicapped role done to perfection in recent times !

and reg KSR every directors have their share of craps.. ex BOYS frm shankar :oops: :cry:

imsai
6th November 2006, 10:47 PM
-deleted-

vijayr
7th November 2006, 12:30 AM
"hmmm... adhan TN govt virudhu kuduthaanga,filmfare award kuduthaanga , padam super hit aachu la Very Happy ....

summa criticise pannanume nu panna kuudathu ! absolutely BASELESS points... temme a better handicapped role done to perfection in recent times !

and reg KSR every directors have their share of craps.. ex BOYS frm shankar "

yeah filmfare award is a proof of great filmmaking, right?
Didnt Gilli get a filmfare award too? I guess it might be a classic too.
Every director has his share of crap, true, except in KSR's case he happens to be generous with his share :-)

And I agree, not even Kamal can think of doing that handicapped role better than what Ajith accomplished in Villian. My bad, how did I forget that? Nadippu thilagam Ajith Vaazhga!!!

NormalMan
7th November 2006, 01:14 AM
Saw the movie over the weekend. Seriously, the movie was a load of crap shit. Nothing in the movie clicked....rauchy comedy, no slow and even the music failed big time on screen. Wonder how this movie could top the charts...

imsai
7th November 2006, 01:42 AM
And I agree, not even Kamal can think of doing that handicapped role better than what Ajith accomplished in Villian. My bad, how did I forget that? Nadippu thilagam Ajith Vaazhga!!!
Out of the blue heaven, you bring Kamal here. I'm proud. :D .

I think you need to be enlighten. It was not a class movie and they did not inteded to make a class movie. It was commercial movie only just like how Anniyan was. I don't know your situation. Who do you not like--Ajith or ARR?

I agree with you on one thing that National Award and Filmfare awards are jokes.

All the tamil actors who received those awards are jokes. Now I have to add this 'except Kamal'

imsai
7th November 2006, 01:44 AM
Saw the movie over the weekend. Seriously, the movie was a load of crap ****. Nothing in the movie clicked....rauchy comedy, no slow and even the music failed big time on screen. Wonder how this movie could top the charts...

Don't worry. It's a smash hit in TN :D . Waiting for MI III?

imsai
7th November 2006, 02:03 AM
I talked to an IR fan, he thinks

An actor is a good actor if he acts under Bala's direction with IR's music :rotfl:

kb
7th November 2006, 06:12 AM
Saw the movie over the weekend. Seriously, the movie was a load of crap ****. Nothing in the movie clicked....rauchy comedy, no slow and even the music failed big time on screen. Wonder how this movie could top the charts...

AJITH

NOV
7th November 2006, 08:13 AM
ahem!
this is a music forum. go to Tamil Film Forum to discuss story, acting and direction.

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:32 AM
-deleted-
Mod's Note: didnt you read the post above this?

vijayr
7th November 2006, 10:49 AM
"Filmfare awards r given to those films which've succeeded in the BO and has gud entertainment value."

Exactly, its just a popularity contest,not any acknowledgement of great cinema.

vijayr
7th November 2006, 10:50 AM
NOV,pl move it to a different thread if you have to. I'll stop the digression here

Renault
7th November 2006, 06:06 PM

Good point.

adhu naanga sollanum.......vijayr is a proven neutral guy in TFM.......he is not a inch IRish or ARRish........ :D .......so think, whether u r really neutral after all ur IR family praising???

vijayr, point noted......but i like both ARR and Ajith a lot..... :D .....and i liked this film a lot....

I really don't care your testimonials.. whatever I have been trying to tell u guys Vijayr has put that in very very simple words..

U still seem to have a wrong impression on my likes/dislikes in TFM...So I reallydon't want to explain all over again and neither would you care for the same :)

selvakumar
8th November 2006, 11:36 AM
Seems I have missed a lot :rotfl:

NOV, I kindly request you to move the discussions on the movie to the respective thread under TF section 8-)
We are virtually handcuffed here and we are ready to reply ! 8-)

ajaybaskar
11th November 2006, 12:05 PM
Varalaaru-new trailer

http://rapidshare.com/files/2530654/godfather_new.mpg

Ramakrishna
11th November 2006, 08:40 PM
Hi guys.. here is de BGM from varalaru where Ajith makes an attempt to
kill
his Dad.. This BGM bit is rocking.

http://d.turboupload.com/d/1196152/GF_-_Ajith_attempts_to_kill_dad.wma.html

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:23 AM
Varalaaru is in the 4th place in suntv's super ten. Some musically superior movies like Vathiyar, Vattaram and Vallavan hold the 3rd, 2nd and 1st places respectively.

Hats off to Sun tv and its service to the music industry!!!

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 03:10 PM
Varalaaru is in the 4th place in suntv's super ten. Some musically superior movies like Vathiyar, Vattaram and Vallavan hold the 3rd, 2nd and 1st places respectively.

Hats off to Sun tv and its service to the music industry!!!

:rotfl: I think people are paying less attention to their TOP TEN / BOTTOM TEN !
Anyhow, Vathiyar songs in the third place ! :oops: :evil:

jabarullah
14th November 2006, 06:28 AM
i heard spb won national award for song in varalaru... anounced in thr raaga malaysia... maybe for katrilll... is it true or my ears heard something wrongly... :roll:

ALWAR_AJITH
21st November 2006, 05:04 PM
some arr fans are mad in yahoo arr fans groups they said varalaru is averge hit...hahaha funny....sila athiputhisalinguluku athu crap movie ya irukalam ana enge ajithfansku varalu padaitha enge GODFATHER movie class than....!

selvakumar
21st November 2006, 05:08 PM
some arr fans are mad in yahoo arr fans groups they said varalaru is averge hit...hahaha funny....sila athiputhisalinguluku athu crap movie ya irukalam ana enge ajithfansku varalu padaitha enge GODFATHER movie class than....!

Yup ! True man ! Many ATHI PUTHI SAALI's still don't want to accept the good climax sequence and other things in the movie ! But AVERAGE HITNNU SOLLURATHU ELLAAM :lol:

ALWAR_AJITH
21st November 2006, 05:42 PM
hi ajithians anybodu frm malaysia here coz yest i bought godfather songs vcd by lotus five star ...in inisai songs there are lot scnes is missing after varuvai tiruvai malarvai line...did u guys notice it????????

leosimha
21st November 2006, 07:31 PM
[tscii:0abe889a3f][/tscii:0abe889a3f]They are playing his song
Thursday November 16 2006 09:57 IST

Singing success: Naresh Iyer

When practically every song that you have sung becomes a hit, you would have some attitude. Or, at least, be a cool dude. But Naresh Iyer is a refreshingly bashful guy. Ask him to sing and he obliges, but he is shy of others in the coffee shop.

Patiently, our photographer encourages him and he reluctantly sings Innisai Alapadaye from 'Varalaru'. But he would not look at the camera, and the exercise goes on for a while, much to the delight of everyone around. For, Naresh Iyer has an amazingly different voice. Neither a rich baritone nor a tenor, but like a thin strand of fabulously crafted platinum, the notes linger in the air.

It is old news that A R Rahman spotted him at the Airtel Supersinger Channel V contest in Mumbai, which he did not win. But Rahman gave him the Mayil Iragai song in the film 'Anbe Aaruyire'. ‘‘I never thought it will be a hit,’’ he says with amazing simplicity, and when we talk of his other hits, Kaadhal Suthudey ('Saravana'), Asai Kanave ('Imsai Arasan...), Munbe Vaa ('Sillunu Oru Kaadhal'), or any of the numbers from Rang de Basanti, he gets restless. Ask him about home and the Mumbaikar who is making the transition to Chennai turns bright and cheerful. Living alone, while his parents continue to reside in Mumbai, the BCom graduate is happy that he is able to manage all on his own.

‘‘Although I rush off home and to mom’s cooking whenever I can,’’ he says with a huge, happy grin.

Two of his hits, Asai Kanave and Innisai are semi-classical. How did he approach these songs? ‘‘I have never listened to old Tamil songs, and have heard a few Ilayaraja numbers. So, it is an entirely new ball game,’’ he explains. What is it like to sing for A R Rahman? ‘‘He is always very friendly, very encouraging and lets you meander through the number before you hit the right notes,’’ says the 25-year-old untrained singer. But he is a perfectionist.

Naresh recalls that in the Innisai song, he kept saying achil varthai instead of achil vartha, and Rahman told him, ‘‘Write it in your mind!’’ Interestingly, Naresh never wants to know which actor he is singing for. ‘‘The name will stay in the mind, and sub-consciously influence the singing,’’ he feels. Films lined up for release include Chennai Kaadhal and Rendu. ‘‘I’m happy to have sung half a dozen good songs in life. What more can I want?’’ says Naresh, whose two passions in life are Gaana and khaana. With that true Chennaiite mokkai line, Naresh is off coffee shop hopping.

dinesh2002
21st November 2006, 11:11 PM
any updates on the audio sales now????? :D

thineshan54321
22nd November 2006, 06:43 AM
Hey Dinesh I am not sure about audio sale reports but he movie is doing really well according to this article

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top10Movies/tamil-cinema-topten-movie-1.html

Hey guys Varalaaru is categorized as super hit and is in number one position and Rahman's music as usual is given a special mention.

selvakumar
22nd November 2006, 08:51 AM
[tscii:94af904608]
Naresh recalls that in the Innisai song, he kept saying achil varthai instead of achil vartha, and Rahman told him, ‘‘Write it in your mind!’’ Interestingly, Naresh never wants to know which actor he is singing for.

:lol:
[/tscii:94af904608]

selvakumar
22nd November 2006, 08:52 AM

Not sure man.. since u know.. from our side we don't even have concrete souces to get exact BO collections even :cry:

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 11:59 AM

Not sure man.. since u know.. from our side we don't even have concrete souces to get exact BO collections even :cry:

ohh...but as for the movie...its a super hit... i think i saw in galatta, the movie collected 10 crores already ??? !! ??? :? ...

thats y im curious on the audio now....

rayan36
22nd November 2006, 08:36 PM
the songs are really catching up with the masses, the radios are playing it.....bus drivers are playing it :lol:

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 08:58 PM
the songs are really catching up with the masses, the radios are playing it.....bus drivers are playing it :lol:

wow!!! im so happy...but i think malaysia hasnt come to that stage yet...not sure...can anyone from malaysia confirm??!!! :?

rayan36
22nd November 2006, 09:11 PM

wow!!! im so happy...but i think malaysia hasnt come to that stage yet...not sure...can anyone from malaysia confirm??!!! :?

Listen to raaga.fm dinesh, Innisai, Katril, Ilamai, Kama Karaiyil is played almost daily :wink: Theyil always cames in the early morning

Some of my relatives (older duds) didn't believe the Cd released months ago :wink:

rayan36
22nd November 2006, 09:14 PM
[tscii:b57f81f392]Varalaaru
Cast: Ajith,Asin
Direction: K.S.Ravikumar
Music: A.R. Rehaman

Varalaaru, like Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu, was largely written off, and was released only due to the persistence and hardwork of Ajith Kumar, K.S.Ravikumar and Oscar Ravichandran. The movie is a tale of revenge but what sets it apart is Ajith’s performance in 3 well etched out roles. He clearly distinguishes each role, and comes up with his best performance since Vaali. His expressions as the classical dancer and various nuances are seen to be believed ; There are quite a few awards waiting for our Ultimate Star. Special mention to an engaging screenplay by K.S.Ravikumar. A.R.Rahman’s music, is as usual, a class apart.

behindwoods.com

[/tscii:b57f81f392]

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 09:29 PM

Listen to raaga.fm dinesh, Innisai, Katril, Ilamai, Kama Karaiyil is played almost daily :wink: Theyil always cames in the early morning

Some of my relatives (older duds) didn't believe the Cd released months ago :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanks for the update man!! as long they r playing the songs...im happy...but the thing is...in sunTV & Vaanavil thye show as if there is nothing.... weird... alwiz i see VV songs and VV ringtone promos..... :?

rayan36
22nd November 2006, 09:43 PM
Sun tv......politics (we all know that), in Vanavil usually they will air it after a few months, same goes for the ringtones :lol: VV and SOK ringtones ad just started after Deepavali & :lol: they are still airing ringtones for Aaru, so don't worry :wink: Varalaru will sure to come

Dragun
23rd November 2006, 02:19 AM
I saw an ad on Sun TV for Fair and Lovely or something that featured Dinam Dinam Deepavali. Not just the song, but the picturizations too.

k_vanan
23rd November 2006, 06:56 AM
But malaysian THR top ten still Munbe Vaa no. 1 and 2nd is Loose Penne, GF songs until now not in TOP 5 malaysian listener.

dinesh2002
23rd November 2006, 08:15 AM
But malaysian THR top ten still Munbe Vaa no. 1 and 2nd is Loose Penne, GF songs until now not in TOP 5 malaysian listener.

hmm.... i didint know the top 10 thing is still running.... Munbe Va no 1?? how long as it been no 1 man?? would like to know that...and what r the GF songs nominated for the top 10?? if im not mistaken, to vote the songs u need to sms rite?!

k_vanan
23rd November 2006, 08:31 AM
THR top ten still airing on every Sunday 2pm. i think now only one GF song they nominated Katril song. before that Kammakarai and Ilamai. This are list on 19.11.2006:-

1. Munbe Vaa
2. Loose Penne (this song continue dominating top 1,2,3 from release date till now)
3. New York
4. Neruppe

rayan36
23rd November 2006, 09:49 AM
THR top ten still airing on every Sunday 2pm. i think now only one GF song they nominated Katril song. before that Kammakarai and Ilamai. This are list on 19.11.2006:-

1. Munbe Vaa
2. Loose Penne (this song continue dominating top 1,2,3 from release date till now)
3. New York
4. Neruppe

they should bring back kamakaraiyil & Inisai :(

ALWAR_AJITH
5th December 2006, 04:53 PM
can u give a link to vote for godfather songs?

nickraman
9th December 2006, 09:25 AM
Anyone know what VERSION of "Innisai" Rahman uses in the MOVIE itself? It's quite addictive to listen too..

thanks,

dinesh2002
9th December 2006, 12:40 PM
Anyone know what VERSION of "Innisai" Rahman uses in the MOVIE itself? It's quite addictive to listen too..

thanks,

its Innisai [Film Mix] ........

Radio Mix is without the dapanghutu,african beat, and a potion of the modern music nearing the end of the song.....

or which do u mean...the Innisai that is used in the starting and ending??? thats is the Chorus version ...........

MADDY
9th December 2006, 02:18 PM
its Innisai [Film Mix] ........

Radio Mix is without the dapanghutu,african beat, and a potion of the modern music nearing the end of the song.....

or which do u mean...the Innisai that is used in the starting and ending??? thats is the Chorus version ...........

Innisai - Mahathi,Saindhavi version comes in the title......Innisai - Naresh Iyer version (with Dappankuthu and african beats) comes with a rivetting Ajith dance performance..... 8-) ....the other version is not used....

this song is basically the backbone of the movie.......ofcourse Ajith sizzles but he couldnt have, if the song wasnt gud enuf.....idhuve IR music kuduthirundha - aaha ohhooho nnu solli iruppanga..... :cry:

bulb_mani
9th December 2006, 02:37 PM
Can anyone post the link to download the humming of INNISAI which is played while AJith talks to his mother... it was a masterpiece from ARR :D

nickraman
9th December 2006, 10:14 PM
Someone NEEDS to post the Godfather BGM. It's VERY GOOD.

bulb_mani
9th December 2006, 11:56 PM
Someone NEEDS to post the Godfather BGM. It's VERY GOOD.

Hi nickraman... this is the main theme.... its played in godfather trailer :

http://rapidshare.com/files/6776230/Godfather_Theme.mp3.html

sat_srini
26th January 2007, 07:12 PM
[tscii:ea4529327a]Varalaru nearing 100th day

January 26, 2007

Ultimate star Ajith's Varalaru is fast approaching its 100th day. The film which has Ajith in triple roles, Asin, and Kanika evoked positive response from responses from the audiences. Today is the 98th day of the film.

It surely looks like a good time for Ajith. The director K.S. Ravi Kumar's screenplay, the myriad emotions and roles of Ajith, the beauty of Asin – all form a nice combination in the movie.

The big plus for the movie is the music, by young genius A. R. Rahman. Galatta.com congratulates the Varalaru team on the sustained success of the film.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/7599/news/Varalaru.html[/tscii:ea4529327a]

rayan36
3rd March 2007, 01:33 PM
Did anyone recently watched Jaya tv's top 2006 blockbuster movie's :?: :?: which is chosen by the public. the most voted movie for the year was Varalaru & 23rd Pulikesi, anyway the host told that when the songs for GF released everyone said ARR was losing his touch :cry: but soon after the movie released ARR's 'slow poison' worked to get to the masses :D

selvakumar
6th March 2007, 12:25 PM
Did anyone recently watched Jaya tv's top 2006 blockbuster movie's :?: :?: which is chosen by the public. the most voted movie for the year was Varalaru & 23rd Pulikesi, anyway the host told that when the songs for GF released everyone said ARR was losing his touch :cry: but soon after the movie released ARR's 'slow poison' worked to get to the masses :D

Ofcourse :D

BTW, It is expected that THALA will do a movie with KSR after Billa. We may see these three joining once again. :wink:

rayan36
7th March 2007, 07:11 AM
Yippie :!: :!: :bluejump: :redjump: Pray for it to happen :noteeth: .........