PDA

View Full Version : Udhayananu Thaaram

nickraman
14th March 2007, 04:09 AM
Has anyone seen this fantastic Malayanam movie? HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Mohanlal's acting as a struggling assist. Director is excellent! The comic duo between him and Sreenivasan is superb.

I loved the presentation from start to finish and it's SO true about the South Film industry. Sreenivasan's quote at Rajni is first-rate while Mohanlal's quote on heroes like Vijay, Ajith, Simbhu and other actors aping superstar is mindblowing (See signature below for details)

Heard it's being remade in tamil as "Velithorai" by the "Mozhi" stars, "Prithiviraj and Prakash Raj."

Wish them success, but SEE this Malayanam original as it takes a satirical look at Meera Jasmine's life and the industry. Well done flick!

swathy
14th March 2007, 02:50 PM
I watched this movie. Excellent performance by Lalettan and srinivas

also jagathee

I heard this movie is going to Hindi.

All songs are good esp parayathey

nickraman
15th March 2007, 11:56 PM
Roshan Andrews and Arshad Warsi have been confirmed in the remake along with Anil Kapoor.

Oh and it's titled: "Shortcut - The con is on." Warsi reported that shooting will commence once he's finished with Vivek Agniroti's "GOAL."

Best song in the movie: Cinema.

selvakumar
16th March 2007, 08:37 AM
Sreenivasan's quote at Rajni is first-rate while Mohanlal's quote on heroes like Vijay, Ajith, Simbhu and other actors aping superstar is mindblowing (See signature below for details)

IF this is true, I must say the script writer must have been one of the idiots who join hands to produce a movie out of frustration and to portray their disgust, jealousy over others

swathy
16th March 2007, 09:37 AM
Sreenivasan's quote at Rajni is first-rate while Mohanlal's quote on heroes like Vijay, Ajith, Simbhu and other actors aping superstar is mindblowing (See signature below for details)

IF this is true, I must say the script writer must have been one of the idiots who join hands to produce a movie out of frustration and to portray their disgust, jealousy over others

-repeated-

swathy
16th March 2007, 09:38 AM

Please don't comment on anyone without seeing their work

selvakumar
16th March 2007, 10:11 AM
Please don't comment on anyone without seeing their work

:lol2: :rotfl: The plot itself is clear. Why should WASTE time in watching the same? Whatever may be the case: The script writer must be a great fool ! :lol2: I repeat ! :wink:

MADDY
16th March 2007, 10:34 AM

Ajith never imitates Rajini........its too bad that even malayalam film-makers are not doing proper ground work before putting dialogues like this..... :roll:

but selva, categorising the whole movie as bad bcos of this 1 dailogue is unfair :D ......

selvakumar
16th March 2007, 10:40 AM
Ajith never imitates Rajini........its too bad that even malayalam film-makers are not doing proper ground work before putting dialogues like this..... :roll:

but selva, categorising the whole movie as bad bcos of this 1 dailogue is unfair :D ......

Thala ya pathi sonna ORU dialogue enna oru vaarthai kooda padatha unfair aakkidum !! :x

BTW, Main character in this movie is pretty similar to THALA character in KKKK !! :lol2:

nickraman
27th March 2007, 04:37 AM
The plot itself is clear. Why should WASTE time in watching the same? Whatever may be the case: The script writer must be a great fool ! I repeat !

See? Because the movie speaks truth against larger-than-life heroes, their fanbases have to be apologists and dismiss all reality as an act of jealousy.

Rajni is like a grandfather's age and STILL thinks he's the macho man. I can' say the same for the others, but right from the 70s, he's underplayed as a the macho man.

Face it. Malayalam cinema is thinking out of the box compared to Tamil cinema of today. In order to make a living, tamil heroes have to remake other regional hits and ape like larger than life characters in order to maintain star status in the industry. Even if your 60+, you HAVE to be a macho man in ALL of your future films because of the fans.

Maybe when Rajni starts acting again, I'll start respecting the guy. But for now....not gonna happen.

Hulkster
27th March 2007, 07:39 AM
Rajni is like a grandfather's age and STILL thinks he's the macho man. I can' say the same for the others, but right from the 70s, he's underplayed as a the macho man.

Maybe when Rajni starts acting again, I'll start respecting the guy. But for now....not gonna happen.

Its not rajini's wish that he wants to act as a macho man...true he did play around the mid 80s till now as a machoman (not 70s..did avargal and moondru moodichu sound macho man to you? :x) If you notice carefully he has been trying to choose movies which dunt make him sound too macho...annamalai..veera,arunachalam and even padaiyappa are not macho man type..baba was spiritual while CM was a doctor...wheres the macho man image here? Only baasha can certify as macho man....besides its the fans unfortunately who wants him to be like this..if not he would have started taking different stories...please dunt just criticise for the sake of criticising :D

nickraman
28th March 2007, 02:12 AM

Its not rajini's wish that he wants to act as a macho man...true he did play around the mid 80s till now as a machoman (not 70s..did avargal and moondru moodichu sound macho man to you? :x) If you notice carefully he has been trying to choose movies which dunt make him sound too macho...annamalai..veera,arunachalam and even padaiyappa are not macho man type..baba was spiritual while CM was a doctor...wheres the macho man image here? Only baasha can certify as macho man....besides its the fans unfortunately who wants him to be like this..if not he would have started taking different stories...please dunt just criticise for the sake of criticising :D

...Fans want him for punch dialogues and action scenes that it.

He's the "Harrison Ford" of Tamil cinema. Awardless.

ajaybaskar
11th April 2007, 01:55 PM

He never quoted Ajith or Vijay or Simbhu in the dialogue. it was a mere dialogue and we ppl have started making our own assumptions. Idhukku andha writer enna pannuvaru?