PDA

View Full Version : MUGABE and ZIMBABWE

Jabroni
17th March 2007, 05:34 AM
I know this topic might not interst the people here, but people who care may shed some light on it. I'm keen to know your views on this TURBULENT LAND

What must this guy do now? Why's SA remaining silent? :hammer: Before Zimbabwe exported foods was a prosperous country, but now almost 80% suffering from poverty, and, to make it worse, inflation has jeopardized the existence of the nation :cry: :cry:

God save them. They are also human :cry: :cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6460141.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6453939.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6441529.stm

r_kk
22nd March 2007, 07:55 PM
When you talk anything about Zimbabwe, please aviod reporting BBC or any UK based news agency as source. If you really want to know the root cause, please check how much percentage of land was with minority white population and where the whites came from. Then you will understand the reason behind BBC report, local support behind land distribution program and Mugabe... (Please note that I am not supporting Mughabe... I will write in more details slowley....)

Roshan
26th March 2007, 05:58 PM
When you talk anything about Zimbabwe, please aviod reporting BBC or any UK based news agency as source. If you really want to know the root cause, please check how much percentage of land was with minority white population and where the whites came from. Then you will understand the reason behind BBC report, local support behind land distribution program and Mugabe... (Please note that I am not supporting Mughabe... I will write in more details slowley....)

Well said r_kk :thumbsup: and good to see you back after a long time :)

I remember Mughabe once telling Tony Blair not to to poke his 'pink' nose into Zimbabwe's affairs :wink: . I would like to see some interesting information from you and I would also try to post my views in this regard.

r_kk
28th March 2007, 12:15 AM
The white settlers (<3 of population), mostly of British origin whose forefathers invaded Zimbabwe in end of 19th Century is still holding large junk of agricultural land (70% in early 20th Century and approx. 40~50% in mid of 20th Century).

How the French/British/US based oil Companies loot the oil from Nigeria and Congo? Why people in those countries are so poor even though they have large oil reserve?

Why Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast are having lot of internal fighting and who is selling the arms in exchange of diamonds?

What Margaret Thatcher's son was doing in Guinea?

Why the worst massacre (0.8~1 million) in Rwanda was went unnoticed? How the hatred was suceesfully developed among Tutusi and Hutus over the years by West?

Why BBC and CNN are reporting few deaths of whites in Iraq, that also during their invasion, as big news?

Why... Why.... because the media is with them and they could able to create image of their choice as big and valuable (Dianna's death or Old Queen's death or even their princes vacation as three days news).

Please look from the perpective of majority sufferrers, ie, from African view point. Then we can understand.

------------------------------------------------------------
Roshan, :D
Life had become too busy and practically no time to sit and write like before, but still I check this forum Hub for the postings of Rohit, Rajasaranam and Aratchashi once in a while. After Geno disappeared, this forum had become more dull for me. I will try to write in this subject when I get some time.
----------------------------------------------------------

Rohit
28th March 2007, 01:17 AM
Hello r_kk,

Nice to see you again after a long time. How are you my friend? Hope things are in good shape for you. :thumbsup:

goodsense
28th March 2007, 06:32 AM
[tscii:b0ac83e0e5]
The white settlers (<3 of population), mostly of British origin whose forefathers invaded Zimbabwe in end of 19th Century is still holding large junk of agricultural land (70% in early 20th Century and approx. 40~50% in mid of 20th Century).

How the French/British/US based oil Companies loot the oil from Nigeria and Congo? Why people in those countries are so poor even though they have large oil reserve?

Why Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast are having lot of internal fighting and who is selling the arms in exchange of diamonds?

What Margaret Thatcher's son was doing in Guinea?

Why the worst massacre (0.8~1 million) in Rwanda was went unnoticed? How the hatred was suceesfully developed among Tutusi and Hutus over the years by West?

Why BBC and CNN are reporting few deaths of whites in Iraq, that also during their invasion, as big news?

Why... Why.... because the media is with them and they could able to create image of their choice as big and valuable (Dianna's death or Old Queen's death or even their princes vacation as three days news).

The active role in the despicable human tyranny of slavery and the slave trade, President Bharrat Jagdeo yesterday declared that the British Government needs to go a step further and support reparation.

“We must never feel that it was the benevolence of the British that resulted in the abolition of the slave trade,” he contended.

Addressing a special ceremony at the National Cultural Centre in Georgetown to observe the 200th anniversary of the Abolition of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, President Jagdeo said “The British Government was quick to recognise the Jewish Holocaust; they must also now recognise that there was an African Holocaust”.

“Otherwise, their remarks about the horrors of the slave trade and slavery become meaningless and platitudinous, and such remarks may be expressed merely to absolve guilt”.

He said the perpetrators of this horrendous act have shown not only little inclination to offer reparation, but “continue to subjugate us in an unfair world trading system that hurts small, poor and vulnerable economies”.

“We must keep in mind that the end of the slave trade was a product of the fact that slavery became less viable as an economic system coupled with the contribution of others in the struggle,” he said.

He also noted there were others in this struggle, including slaves and former slaves, who “struggled to bring the curtains down on this human tyranny and evil”.

The ceremony was not only to reflect on the horrific and heinous slave trade 200 years ago, but also to specially honour Africans who were captured, shackled and placed on slave ships, bound for slave destinations, and the many who died in the Middle Passage en route to the New World, and later in resistance to slavery.
Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport Dr. Frank Anthony said no one should ever forget the atrocities committed during the slave trade, and urged every effort to ensure there is never any recurrence.

“It is my sincere hope that while we use today to reflect on this significant milestone, we must never forget the atrocities that were committed as man exploited and plundered their fellow men,” Anthony said.

“This Bicentenary is an opportunity for many of the countries that benefited from the slave trade to redouble their efforts and commitment to ensure a more economically just world…”

[/tscii:b0ac83e0e5]

Jabroni
29th March 2007, 11:12 AM
i was kidding in my title post. i completely agree with r_kk

goodsense
29th March 2007, 08:52 PM
Was only focusing on a few things in above links and few things said by r_kk, but decided to post the whole article.