PDA

View Full Version : MDS - national awards

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 08:59 AM
Topic started by summa (summathan@hotmail.com) (@ 61.5.36.213) on Mon Dec 13 02:17:57 EST 2004.

Its shocking every year to hear that third class Mds like Anu malik, SA rajkumar are also given national awards.
Are national awards so cheap? how are they rated?? Who sits in the panel?
Any clue??

Oldposts
Everybody see it as NATIONAL AWARDS , but just imagine there wud be group of normal ppl judging the capabilities of AR Rahman , Ilayaraja HA HAH A.....

And morover main point is .....for example one year all top MDS say dint compose and only new comers or low MDs scored...even then they will give NATIONAL AWARD ....so after taking that the new comer can say IR , AR got and now I too got.......

So important that national awards are HA HA HAAA........

People see puppet show and clap and ppl playing the puppets know what it is behind the screen

Oldposts
YSR should have won National award for "Mun Paniya" From Nanda.

Maybe this year he will win for Kan pesum Varthai or Kathal Valarthen.

Oldposts
SARajkumar didn't get any national award. While Anu got for a thematic film.

Oldposts
Friends,

Sivaji Ganesan was never given a National Award in his life time. Judge the authenticity of the awards yourself.

Oldposts
Sivaji was a legendary performer but he could never act in movies that caught the attention of the whole nation. His performance always stayed within the south.

But MGR was a well-known figure within India and moreover I think Indira Gandhi who was the PM at the time MGR got the award, wanted to win the hearts of the Southies to ensure a Congress victory in the elections. May be thats how he got it.

Kamal Hassan was very lucky that in addition to his excellent performance, his award winning movies were either dubbed or remade into Hindi, which means a nation-wide attention, promotion and publicity.

Despite a tamil movie, Vikram's performance in Pithamagan immediately got the national-level attention it needed. He was also lucky that there were many South Indian members in the Award committee this time.

I guess that answers the often annoying question of "why Sivaji didnt get National Award".

Oldposts
Sharath,

'Sivaji Ganesan was never given a National Award in his life time. Judge the authenticity of the awards yourself.'

well said sir !

Oldposts
did Sa rajkumar get a national award for kannada film in the yr 2002/ 2003?? pls correct me if i am wrong??

Does he deserve an award atall as he is too ordinary??

Oldposts
In 2001 and 2002, ARR got National Award. In 2003 it was Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.

Oldposts
IR inspite of getting National awards, he had got the Maestro award (International).

In the same way, Shivaji won Chevaliar award (International).

Our Artists are recognized by foreigners well. I hope u guys know that Virumandi won an International award (Best Asian Movie) but it will not get even a State award.

Oldposts
rasigar sir,

There is no award called Maestro award (International).

Its is just a way we call IR fondly....Maestro gaestro nu laam award kedaiyaadhu..

Oldposts
You are right zz.

Maestro means 'Master' in Latin. It generally refers to an eminent composer.

After composing for the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London, he was referred to thus. Generally only such maestros (masters) get to compose there. But I guess it doesnt require IR to compose a symphony to prove that he is a maestro.

Once IR quoted that some composers take about 10-13 years, some one day and some few hours. It seems he took about 3-4 days to compose the symphony.

Also, (just for info), the French "Chevalier" is pronouced as "Shae-waa-lee-yae".

Oldposts
Its a Honour and it was given after he composed his first Symphony. U may see his honours in the link given below. Ofcourse IR fans have the matter given in this link in their brains. Still... some people may not know.

http://www.raaja.com/irbio.html

Oldposts
rajasaran, I don't see any mention about awarding the title 'maestro' in the link.

Oldposts
Hello:

its like the VIDHWAAN title which exponents in arts are addressed during the 19th and early 20th century.

Oldposts
IR is a Maestro and can anyone doubt it?????
coming back to the topic, in 1998,ARR got national award for Minsara Kanavu, and subburami reddy(i think i got the name wrong), the panelist that time xplained that they had no choice but to give it to ARR as the whole panel had voted for him.........

Oldposts
Minsara Kanau had heavy lobbying from AVM, since it was their 50th year or something. They also lobbyed for other categories, which were totally unworthy.

Oldposts
grrrrrrrr......i'm really sick and tired of this......IR has scored for many AVM movies,,y the heck didn't he get a lobbying????okkkkk, i'll lessen IR fans' work and will xplain how ARR got other National awards......
1.Roja -Kashmiri militants lobbied for ARR as he was a muslim and MR had depcited militants had heart too...........
2.Minsara Kanavu- AVM's 50th year so they lobbied for ARR, but i'm still asking them y didn't they lobby for Rajiv Menon,Kajol,Arvind,Prabhu deva????maybe they were supposed to work in AVM's 100th movie as well...they wud get lobbying that time....
3.Lagaan- Sachin Tendulkar lobbied for ARR as he was his fan and the movie was abt. cricket.......
4.Kannathil Muthamittal- Srilankan govt. had requested Indian Govt. to give award to this movie as it had demeaned LTTE's intentions.....they particularly wanted award only for ARR and not for MR......

khush,happy.....
u r sick guys.....can anyone xplain y do Bollywood actors with thier superior lobbying power fail to get these awards??????

Oldposts
Good one Maddy. Arent you happy Bashers?

Oldposts
maddy go f u c k urself...............god of music ar rahman....rulez....bold ir

Oldposts
loosu ram,...maddy is supporting ARR only..your urge to use filthy language made you misdirect your bashing.

Oldposts
Good One Maddy
<a name="last"></a>