PDA

View Full Version : Subbudu passes away

app_engine
31st March 2007, 01:06 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2007/03/30/stories/2007033015240300.htm

Heartfelt condolences.

aruvi
31st March 2007, 07:53 AM
December season and Subbudu are two things that always come together in my mind. The first time I read about him was in 94, when he had reviewed(criticized) the Ennavale song from Kadhalan. From then on, I have read a lot about the respect and fear he has among carnatic musicians. It truly is a great loss to the classical music industry. Condolences.

madhu
31st March 2007, 08:36 AM
A good critic and reviewer.

May his soul rest in peace ..

Wibha
1st April 2007, 12:35 AM
:( may his soul rest in peace

bingleguy
1st April 2007, 04:14 AM
Man of STRONG criticism ! There is no one in the Industry who hasnt feared his critics ...... the famous musician and a good writer.... !

May his soul rest in peace !

MusicIsLife
1st April 2007, 04:24 AM
He will always be special. A man of abundant knowledge. He did constructively create many experts in the field of both dance (bharathnatyam) and Carnatic Music. I remember Vasishtyar vayal brahma rishi, all music stalwarts wanted to have a good word about them by subbudu, that is the respect and pride he got. May his soul rest in peace. I adore you!!

Above all he did have the EARS and EYES to do a commendable job.

MADDY
2nd April 2007, 12:18 PM
Man of STRONG criticism ! There is no one in the Industry who hasnt feared his critics ...... the famous musician and a good writer.... !

May his soul rest in peace !

well there was a man who didnt fear Subbuddu bcos he feared only GOD........but again, i dont want to talk bad abt "ppl. who are not with us" .........

will always remember him for his "hasty" review of Kadhalan album........

may his soul rest in peace :(

Sanjeevi
2nd April 2007, 12:38 PM
a great person :sad:

May his soul rest in peace

BTW he wanted to listen IR's first symphony before his death but..

app_engine
2nd April 2007, 07:48 PM
Sanjeevi, he did listen to that as IR arranged KR to carry a cassette to Delhi for Subbudu to hear! This was reported in vikatan...

vramesh
3rd April 2007, 01:00 AM
An irreplaceable loss to the music-loving community :cry:

May his soul rest in peace :notworthy:

smartsambu
4th April 2007, 04:20 PM
I STARTED READING HIM SERIOUSLY AFTER HIS REVIEW OF ENNAVALE SONG SAYING - KEDARATHIRKKU SEDARAM - AND ADVISED UNNIKRISHNAN NOT TO VENTURE INTO FILM MUSIC - A GREAT CRITIC - MAY HIS SOUL REST IN Peace