PDA

View Full Version : New Releases by ARR??

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Raikkonen
6th May 2006, 09:13 PM
Puli ku palla edututangala?
Shelved...

Ayyo...

terminator
15th May 2006, 10:38 PM
Rehman is in full swing
A R Rehman, tipped as Moazart of Madras by the Time Magazin, is currently busy with a musical album Pray For Me, Brother being brought out as part of United Nations TB Millennium Campaign.

Leaving his mark in international musical arena, Rahman is also busy in Tamil with many offers including the much awaited Sivaji starring Rajinikanth.

Rahman also has several plans up his sleeve. It includes a religious musical album on the poems of Karaikudi Mastan Saheb. Rahman has commenced works with his music guru Dakshinamoorthy for completing this album.

Also, Rahman is keen on composing a symphony in the future.

Keep up the good work, Rahman.

rayan36
19th June 2006, 01:20 PM
B K Modi plans mega Buddha film

Arthur J Pais in New York | May 24, 2006 15:04 IST

Nearly twelve years after Mira Nair abandoned her Buddha movie project because Italian filmmaker Bernardo Bertolucci beat her to it with his Little Buddha starring Keanu Reeves as Siddhartha, there is a serious effort by Indian industrialist Bhupendra Kumar Modi to light up the screens worldwide with a Buddha biopic.

At $120 million, the project announced at the Cannes film festival and first reported by Hollywood Reporter, would cost $40 million more than the average Hollywood film.

Modi, who has been actively working on the project for over a year with his Hollywood partners including Michel Shane -- an executive producer on the 2004 Will Smith hit I, Robot -- would not give out many details on the project. But various names ranging from composer A R Rahman, director Shekhar Kapur and New Age guru Deepak Chopra have been mentioned in connection with the film.

Modi, who said he hoped the film would open the year 2008's Cannes film festival -- where Little Buddha received good notices in 1993 -- also added that it would be based on Old Path White Clouds, by the renowned Vietnamese Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh. Modi believes Buddha's life and his examples could ease the burden of living in our war-torn and terrorism-filled times.
Published three years ago Old Path White Clouds became a sleeper hit, gradually selling over a million copies in North America. It also became an international success having been translated into more than 20 languages.
Drawn from original Pali, Sanskrit and Chinese sources, Old Path White Clouds recreates lucidly the life and times of Buddha over the course of eighty years. The highly cinematic book grippingly tells the stories alternately through the eyes of Svasti, the buffalo boy who provided kusa grass for the Buddha's enlightenment cushion, and the Buddha himself. Admirers of the book describe it as a spiritual page-turner.
Praising the book for making the story of Buddha widely accessible to a new generation, Library Journal wrote: 'This is not a scholarly study but rather a heartfelt interpretation that draws on important sources. The result is a beautiful and contemporary book that can offer an attractive introduction for those new to the subject as well as many bright moments for serious students of Buddhism.'
Hanh, 81, whose admirer Dr Martin Luther King Jr had publicly recommended the monk and peace activist for the Nobel Prize, is also a Gandhian. The monk, who lectured briefly at Columbia University on Buddhism, was one of the first religious leaders in America to oppose America's Vietnam War. He travels across America and many other countries several times a year giving talks on Buddhism and peace initiatives.
'I've wanted to do this film for several years now,' Modi told Hollywood Reporter. 'I discovered the book two years ago and it changed my life, and I felt it was up to me to share my happiness with the world.'
The film is going to be a spiritual adventure, said Shane. 'We are looking at this as an epic film for the ages -- a Lawrence of Arabia meets Gladiator,' he declared.

http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/may/24ajp.htm?q=tp&file=.htm

rayan36
19th June 2006, 01:27 PM
Sivaji Productions' Hindi venture

Sivaji Productions, the production house of late Sivaji Ganesan and his family, has signed up ace director Rajkumar Santoshi and music director A R Rahman for a forthcoming Hindi film.

Ramkumar, director of Sivaji Productions and son of Sivaji Ganesan, told Chennaionline that the movie would be a blockbuster, with a likely investment of Rs 15-20 crore.

The star cast for the film is currently under negotiation, he said, adding that the film was tentatively titled 'Toofan Mail', though no final decision had yet been taken on the title. "The script is getting ready," he said.

"This will be a modern subject; definitely not a period film like Devadas," says Ramkumar with a don't-ask-me-for-details smile.
"The cast would be finalised by July and the film would go on the floors from December or January 2007," he said.

MADDY
20th June 2006, 12:09 AM
http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/jun/19abbas.htm?q=mbp&file=.htm

and wat is this??? ARR in many projects suddenly...

muzammil_fr
20th June 2006, 12:50 AM
So many Offre da machaan maddy, but the release only few da, see the gap between RDB and GF, and Now GF JOK , Too much gap da, why only our albems are postpenned :(, i think it's because of they r all high banner movie.

rayan36
23rd June 2006, 07:26 AM
[tscii:5fe840da34]Shyam Benegal to direct commercial venture Chamki Chameli

MUMBAI: It will be the coming together of two different genres of cinema as acclaimed director Shyam benegal is all set to direct a film Chamki Chameli, produced under the banner of white feather films, promoted by actor Sanjay Dutt and director Sanjay Gupta.

Gupta, known for his dark and action-overdosed films like Musafir, Kaante and Zinda was at the 7th IIFA in Dubai last week to showcase his latest under-production films. He said he wants to break away from the mould he is known for (action) and work with fresh talented directors as well as veterans.

Chamki Chameli is based in modern day Rajasthan and is the love story of a beautiful gypsy girl and a BSF soldier.

Sanjay told mediapersons that the film will go on floors in January next year and will be completed in one schedule, spanning over a month. A R Rahman will compose the music of the movie, Sanjay said and added that the star cast is being finalised at the moment. “It is definitely an established actress who will play Chamki and not a newcomer,” he added.About the storyline, Sanjay said Chamki is a temptress who is responsible for the downfall of many men. She woos a BSF jawan Dilip Singh, leading him to revolt against his superiors. His infatuation causes him to join a band of drug-runners, of which Chamki is a member. Dilip Singh is happy with Chamki for a brief period, but is driven to madness as things from her dark past and her ambitious future come in the way.

Gupta said among the under-production films under their banner Dus Kahaniyan and Woodstock Villa. Besides, Shootout At Lokhandwala, based on a real life encounter in Mumbai in 1991, with a huge star cast, will go on floors next month.

Shoot Out.... will be directed by Apoorva Lakhia and stars Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi, Arjun Rampal, Tushar Kapoor and Rohit Roy, among others. The film will be a well researched one and based on facts, Sanjay claimed.

As for him, Sanjay is himself directing Alibag, a story of nine friends. “It is a film about friendship, longing, belonging and memories. It will bring the unexpected to the audiences,” he said.

It is a story about nine friends. They come together for a weekend and before it is over they have touched each other's soul in a way they have never dreamt of, he said.

Himesh Reshammiya has scored the music of the film. “I told Himesh that he will not sing for this film. It was not out of disrespect for his style of singing. The film needed a different feel of music and it was a challenge for me as well as for him,” he added.

On Dus Kahaniyaan 10 stories by seven directors, Sanjay said the themes run the gamut from loss and betrayal to uprootedness and alienation, and that makes for absorbing entertainment. The films are for 9 to 10 minutes duration while one of them 'Rise And Fall', with Sanjay Dutt and Arjun Rampal, is about 18 minutes long.

“Short stories are an interesting kind of cinema, conveying a story in shortest possible time,” he added. He said all the films will be completed and ready for release by next year end
[/tscii:5fe840da34]

Thiru
27th June 2006, 08:05 PM
[tscii:804f74d473]
National Anthem's new flavor with Rahman’s touch!
June 27, 2006
A R Rahman

When A R Rahman and Bharat Bala's Vande Maataram hit the screens, it created nothing short of a sensation. Recreating pretty much the same magic on screen, with soulful music and brilliant visuals, is the rendition of the national anthem, Jana Gana Mana.
With a premier at Fame Adlabs in Andheri, Shringar Cinemas Limited, in an exclusive collaboration with BharatBala Productions, launched the anthem. The film will be aired before movie screenings in the multiplex.
The premier saw the likes of Pandit Jasraj, A R Rahman, Kavita Krishnamurthy , Sadiq Khan, etc. Shravan Shroff, Managing Director, Shringar Cinemas Limited, said during the event said, this "powerful rendition of the anthem created by A R Rahman and BharatBala Productions will appeal to the young and old alike, instilling a fresh sense of pride. We are proud to be the first and only multiplex in the country to introduce this song in our theatres".

Composed originally by Rabindranath Tagore, the national anthem has been magically recreated by the musical wizard, A R Rahman, and comes alive on screen thanks to the sensibilities of the BharatBala productions. With the voices of Lata Mangeshkar, Pandit Jasraj, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, D.K. Pattamal, Asha Bhosle, Dr. Balamuralikrishna, Bhupen Hazarika, Jagjit Singh, Dr. S. P. Balasubramaniam, Hariharan, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Sadiq Khan Langa, this rendition of the national anthem is sure to create a powerful impact among audiences.

Rabindranath Togre
Having already been telecast on August 15, 1999, this rendition of the national anthem created a unity for those few seconds that only a national anthem is capable of. Now, with a debut in a theatre, the unity can only be further strengthened.
[/tscii:804f74d473]

baba88
27th June 2006, 10:15 PM
[tscii:967f981b09]
June 27, 2006
A R Rahman

When A R Rahman and Bharat Bala's Vande Maataram hit the screens, it created nothing short of a sensation. Recreating pretty much the same magic on screen, with soulful music and brilliant visuals, is the rendition of the national anthem, Jana Gana Mana.
With a premier at Fame Adlabs in Andheri, Shringar Cinemas Limited, in an exclusive collaboration with BharatBala Productions, launched the anthem. The film will be aired before movie screenings in the multiplex.
The premier saw the likes of Pandit Jasraj, A R Rahman, Kavita Krishnamurthy , Sadiq Khan, etc. Shravan Shroff, Managing Director, Shringar Cinemas Limited, said during the event said, this "powerful rendition of the anthem created by A R Rahman and BharatBala Productions will appeal to the young and old alike, instilling a fresh sense of pride. We are proud to be the first and only multiplex in the country to introduce this song in our theatres".

Composed originally by Rabindranath Tagore, the national anthem has been magically recreated by the musical wizard, A R Rahman, and comes alive on screen thanks to the sensibilities of the BharatBala productions. With the voices of Lata Mangeshkar, Pandit Jasraj, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, D.K. Pattamal, Asha Bhosle, Dr. Balamuralikrishna, Bhupen Hazarika, Jagjit Singh, Dr. S. P. Balasubramaniam, Hariharan, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Sadiq Khan Langa, this rendition of the national anthem is sure to create a powerful impact among audiences.

Rabindranath Togre
Having already been telecast on August 15, 1999, this rendition of the national anthem created a unity for those few seconds that only a national anthem is capable of. Now, with a debut in a theatre, the unity can only be further strengthened.
[/tscii:967f981b09]

What is this ? Can anyone upload it ?

rayan36
4th July 2006, 02:11 PM
[tscii:087d059ca1]Rahman Timeless Rendition - Jana Gana Mana

By Kkomal Seth & Gautam Seth

A R Rahman?s timeless rendition of Jana Gana Mana makes its cinema début at fame multiplexes Mumbai, June 24, 2006: Shringar Cinemas Limited in exclusive collaboration with BharatBala Productions today announced the Cinema launch of A R Rahman?s soulful rendition of ?JANA GANA MANA? at FAME Multiplexes across India. The film will be showcased to patrons prior to all movie screenings at FAME Multiplexes to add an emotive flavor to the National anthem. The first screening of the film was held at FAME Adlabs (Andheri), in the presence of an august audience including the musical maestros involved in the unique initiative viz. Pandit Jasraj, A R Rahman, Kavita Krishnamurthy , Sadiq Khan. Speaking at the launch, Mr. Shravan Shroff, Managing Director, Shringar Cinemas Limited, said, ?We believe that this powerful rendition of the anthem created by AR Rahman and BharatBala Productions will appeal to the young and old alike, instilling a fresh sense of pride. We are proud to be the first and only multiplex chain in the country to introduce this moving and awe-inspiring performance of the national anthem. This rendition features the best of Indian musical talent, making this a timeless classic that will connect with our patrons each time they experience it.? With ?JANA GANA MANA?, BharatBala Productions contributed to the country?s emotional moment by bringing together all the musical maestros of India, from the classical to the contemporary, for a soulful rendition of the National Anthem as never before. The original composition by Rabindranath Tagore was recreated into a magnificent and dynamic rendition by A R Rahman. The song was led by Lata Mangeshkar, Pandit Jasraj, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, D.K. Pattamal, Asha Bhosle, Dr. Balamuralikrishna, Bhupen Hazarika, Jagjit Singh, Dr. S. P. Balasubramaniam, Hariharan, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Sadiq Khan Langa. Yet again, filmmakers Bharatbala & Kanika gave ?India? back to the Indians through music and a film that struck an emotional chord with all Indians. And when people witnessed this great unification as the film was telecast at 8 p.m. on August 15, 1999, it had tremendous power in consolidating the emotions of Indians as a nation, and for once, joined by one thread ? their Indian-ness.

http://ww.smashits.com/events/1043/7/Rahman-Timeless-Rendition-Jana-Gana-Mana.html[/tscii:087d059ca1]

vijayr
12th August 2006, 10:04 AM
did u guys read this?
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/08/12/stories/2006081201990100.htm

We point out that Rahman was responsible for the trend of music directors taking to the computer and recording one instrument at a time. It changed the way music was made.

"No, I don't do it like that anymore," he says. "Earlier, we had constraints that we could not record everything at the same time. Today, I have an elaborate studio where I do live recordings with all the musicians."

ALWAR_AJITH
25th August 2006, 11:04 AM
HI malaysia arr fans, did u notice yesterday malaysian tamil newspaper...i was shocked when i saw vetayadu vilayadu promo in that paper u know what the lotus five star give ad???? ulaganayagan kamal and ISAIPUYAL HARISH JEYRAJ inainthu vilayadum vetaoyadu vilayadu :evil: . guys i strictly condemn this...isaipuyal only for rahman how can they give that title to that stupid???? :roll: u know guys they never give that title to rahman himself when ah ahh was releasd here :( ...pls call them or mail them to change the isaipuyal for hj. he is not qualify for that title :evil:

phone number: 0379570233

email: lfs@lotusgroup.com.my

Dragun
25th August 2006, 10:17 PM
That is a disgrace. His name is Harris, not Harish!

Arjuna
25th August 2006, 11:00 PM
Alwar Ajith - It must be Isai Kusu :lol:

thineshan54321
26th August 2006, 04:16 AM
"Isai Kusu", thats a stinky name man. That matches him so much more, seriously... I am not joking! LMAO Isai Kusu Harris Jeyaraj

ALWAR_AJITH
26th August 2006, 01:35 PM
:lol: WELL THEY REMOVE READY !!!!! THANKS GUYS WHO HAVE CALL THEM!!!

ORE ISAIPUYAL ENGE THALAIVAR AR RAHMAN:thumbsup:

ALWAR_AJITH
26th August 2006, 01:39 PM
PLS VOTE FOR GF AND SOK SONGS GUYSZ>>>

http://www.oli.sg/top10songs.htm

http://thr.fm/05/@raaga/chart/default.asp

rsubras
27th August 2006, 12:35 PM
Bringing disgrace to a fellow musician in the name of being someone's fan brings disgrace to that someone himself

IMHO we ARR fans should never do that :)

selvakumar
27th August 2006, 01:43 PM
:banghead:

This thread had alreadys started to stink if u know what I mean :x

thamizhvaanan
27th August 2006, 02:02 PM
:yes:

trbaluv
27th August 2006, 08:22 PM
thanx

Dragun
27th August 2006, 11:14 PM
Isai Puyal, Isai Breeze, Isai Typhoon, who cares

baba88
28th August 2006, 12:05 AM
I think with Sivaji A.R.Rahman will make his Comeback but at the same time it's the last project (after Sakkarakatti) for some time.

But I am waiting for these forthcoming movies that will be released 2007/2008

Gajini in Hindi with Murugadoss
Mehbeth with Selvaraghavan
Lacho with Mani Rathnam
A/C with S.J.Suryah
Pesum Deivangal with S.J.Suryah
Puli with S.J.Suryah
Shankar's next Movie
Krishna's next Movie
Rajeev Menon's next Movie

rayan36
8th September 2006, 10:15 PM
Whatever happened to RDB in Tamil :confused2: :confused2: I'm eagerly waiting for that

Dragun
9th September 2006, 01:52 AM
I don't see the point of RDB in Tamil. Everyone who wanted to see it has already seen the Hindi version.

rayan36
9th September 2006, 09:56 AM
well i just love to hear the title song, pathasalaa and lupka chuppi in tamil but maybe ur right it's already 8 months when they released it in hindi, so probably they won't do it in tamil :cry:

thamizhvaanan
9th September 2006, 10:32 AM
I don't see the point of RDB in Tamil. Everyone who wanted to see it has already seen the Hindi version.
I think a film like RDB needs to reach all parts of india. remaking in tamil is fully justified.... besides our master will have a classic album in tamil after a long time :D

rayan36
15th September 2006, 08:07 AM
Back then (before 2000) every hindi album that Rahman made were dubbed in Tamil. after 2000 it was only swades-desam :cry:

rayan36
15th September 2006, 08:29 AM
Anybody have any clue about Jaan-E-Maan starring Akshay and Salman. I heard the music is by our :wink: ONE n ONLY MOZART

ansa400
15th September 2006, 11:15 AM
Anybody have any clue about Jaan-E-Maan starring Akshay and Salman. I heard the music is by our :wink: ONE n ONLY MOZART

Hey, Jaane mann music is by The Copy Cat "Anu Mallik".

Ramakrishna
16th September 2006, 09:33 PM
Was the song Piya Haji ali in Fiza composed by ARR or Anu Malik?

MADDY
16th September 2006, 11:51 PM

obviously by ARR.... :D .....

that song has a special place in every mumbaiite' heart........Haji Ali is a such a lovely and peaceful place.......ppl from all religions visit that place.... :D

Ramakrishna
16th September 2006, 11:55 PM

obviously by ARR.... :D .....

that song has a special place in every mumbaiite' heart........Haji Ali is a such a lovely and peaceful place.......ppl from all religions visit that place.... :D

Thanks.
But in raaga.com, it was given Anu Malik as the MD and ARR as just a singer. Thats y the confusion.

rayan36
17th September 2006, 06:24 PM
Hey, Jaane mann music is by The Copy Cat "Anu Mallik".

Thanks for clearing that out

lancelot
17th September 2006, 09:16 PM
guys!! some news you may enjoy.

i went to see this play called Venice by Stagelight&magic INC www.stagelightandmagic.com

well it was a good play. but am not gonna be talking about that

before the play started, they said that the sound track was rocorded in A R Rahman studio Chennai.
i was like "wow".. and obviously i got the CD for 500bucks.

well the music was realy good. was done by Sri Lankan artist. but the quality, was something new to Sri Lankan music. i loved it.

i would realy like for my fellow ARR fans to listen this album, but i have no was of giving it to you guys.
if you can find away.. let me know... ill be glad to give it

hehe
:D

Nerd
18th September 2006, 08:42 PM
Is Guru the only movie ARR is working on right now?? Apart from shivaji ofcourse..

Ramakrishna
18th September 2006, 08:45 PM
Is Guru the only movie ARR is working on right now?? Apart from shivaji ofcourse..

He is working on few more hindi movies. Whats in tamil? There was movie called Sakkarakatti. What happened to it?

Dragun
18th September 2006, 11:59 PM
He's working on Chamki Chameli and Om Shanti Om in Hindi. I read long ago that he's doing the music for a film on the Komagata Maru incident. Satyagrahi with Pawan Kalyan was announced a while back too. Don't know when that one starts shooting.

Scale
20th September 2006, 10:47 PM
It's good ARR concentrates only only on Guru & Shivaji at full-swing. The rest of films mentioned above incldg AkbarJodha have no further updates.

What happened to TLOR? :roll:

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 06:47 PM
Any updates on Guru's audio release date?

baba88
9th October 2006, 09:48 PM
I heard that Guru audio will be released on Deevali. Movie is slated for a December release

ajaybaskar
11th October 2006, 11:29 AM
Guys, You can download the BGMs of SOK from the following link. The quality may not be very good. But still you can enjoy...

http://arrmusic.multiply.com/music/item/3

Vysar
11th October 2006, 07:56 PM
Boxoffice analysis on ARR after SOK flopped

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/ar-rahman.html

rayan36
19th October 2006, 08:59 PM
SATYAGRAHI a telugu movie launched month's ago

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/muhurat-satyagrahi.html

movie's website

http://www.pawankalyansatyagrahi.com/

Nerd
25th October 2006, 09:11 AM
http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/10/24/8079/index.html

ajaybaskar
30th October 2006, 12:22 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/37238617/ISHQ_for_yahoo_fans.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/775922/LOOSE_CONTROLL_NEW_MIX.rar.html

Wibha
31st October 2006, 06:32 AM
[tscii:93672560b1]Current News

Ajith Kumar's Varalaru (Godfather) Opening on Deepavalli

A.R.Rahman's Rang De Basanti and Water selected as Official National Entries for Oscars

Malaysian Rahmaniacs 5th Gathering Official Information

Rehman hits a new note

Sillendru Oru Kadhal released worldwide on 2nd August 2006 - Cool and lovable

AR Rahman on experimental mode

Is Rehman out of Dasavatharam?

Chamki Chameli - Launched

Rahman brings in Pa Vijay for a song in Sivaji

Bappida sings for Rahman [/tscii:93672560b1]

Wibha
31st October 2006, 06:37 AM
International Projects

The Lord of the Rings

(London production, opening in the spring of 2006)

Choreography
Choreography

- This is violin phenomenon Vanessa-Mae's debut recording on SONY CLASSICAL CD to be released internationally in September 2004, and in U.S. early 2005

Warriors of Heaven n Earth (Chinese )

Ekam Satyam (single with Michael Jackson)

kb
4th November 2006, 09:20 PM
ARRR is composing a song for UN..

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

ulagai vella vaai thamizha..emaya mazhaiya idupil katti ezhuthu varuvaai thamizhaa

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 10:46 AM
Guru' and 'Tara Rum Pum' postponed Click here to add this article to
My Clips
By IndiaFM News Bureau, November 8, 2006 - 03:40 IST
The highly awaited film Guru starring Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya
Rai has been postponed by a week to end of December. It also has a
possibility of releasing in the first week of January. Sources from
Kaleidoscope Films who are distributing the film have confirmed the
news. They stated the reason of delay of the film was to avert the
clash with Bhagam Bhaag, which releases on 22nd Decmeber. Also another
reason that could have led to this delay is the fate of two biggies
Don and Jaan-E-Mann, which released on Diwali. Nevertheless Madras
Talkies claims that they never gave an official release date for the film.

Also another film which has been postponed to April 2007 is Yashraj
Film's Tara Rum Pum. The film was rumored to release in January but
Yashraj Films seem to be in no hurry to rush the release of the film.
When contacted, the officials at Yashraj Films refused to comment on
the issue. Apparently they want to capitalize the holiday period
around in April.

Meanwhile Kabul Express will release in mid December. Kabir Khan says
"My film will release on the 15th of December". Well let's wait and
watch and hope the best for all the films.

ajaybaskar
10th November 2006, 11:21 AM
[tscii:20bab09b2c]With FOOL AND FINAL slated for release on 26th January, 2007, choreographer-director Ahmed Khan has started work on his next venture. A sports-based theme, the film is titled YAHAN KE HUM SIKANDER and will star a galaxy of stars. Isn’t it the same film that Ahmed was planning to start after LAKEER [it was titled MAZHAB then]? “That’s true,” Ahmed confirms, “But we’ve changed the title and also altered the script slightly. Also, MAZHAB was based on football, while YAHAN KE HUM SIKANDER might either be football or basketball.”

Backed by Adlabs and produced by Silent Noise Productions, YAHAN KE HUM SIKANDER will star Nana Patekar [as the coach], Suniel Shetty, Arjun Rampal, Aftab Shivdasani, Sohail Khan and one more actor [under finalization]. Wait, the cast also includes Rimi Sen, Ayesha Takia and one more name [also undecided], besides a host of topnotch models/actors -- Shawar Ali, Zulfi Sayed, Jas Arora and Chetan Hansraj.

Ahmed describes YAHAN KE HUM SIKANDER as an emotional film, despite its sports-based theme. “It has several poignant moments,” he says. Ironically, Anees Bazmee, who is associated with comedy films [NO ENTRY, WELCOME], is writing its script, while A.R. Rahman is composing the music.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/11/09/8169/index.html[/tscii:20bab09b2c]

Scale
11th November 2006, 01:21 PM
Ajaybaskar & All, Thanks for all the updates!

Dign\
I have started my blog www.scalerevolves.blogspot.com Please do visit and drop your comments. Thanks
/End Dign

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:39 AM
Ajaybaskar & All, Thanks for all the updates!

Dign\
I have started my blog www.scalerevolves.blogspot.com Please do visit and drop your comments. Thanks
/End Dign

Started an independent party?

Scale
13th November 2006, 01:36 PM
:lol: check here (http://scalerevolves.blogspot.com/2006/11/pray-for-such-miraculous-escapes.html) :rotfl:

Partynu kaalam varumbodhu announce panren :wink:

ajaybaskar
16th November 2006, 02:21 PM
What happened to WOHE?
Was the film released in India? It had a superb soundtrack. But i doubt it has not released in india till date.
Was the film a hit in China?

People who know something on this, kindly reply...

ajaybaskar
16th November 2006, 02:24 PM
Rajinikanth in the animation film Hara
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 16, 2006]

The animation film with Rajinikanth, which will be made by the Super Star's daughter Soundarya, has been titled Hara. Soundarya Rajinikanth has tied up with Adlabs for this venture. This film will be made on a massive budget of Rupees 75 Crores.

This is truly a treat for the fans of Rajinikanth, especially because this film will be made in 18 languages and will have a world wide release. Due to this, it is expected that the popular Tamil film icon will become a name to reckon with, all over the world.

A R Rahman will score the music for this film.

MADDY
16th November 2006, 04:23 PM
What happened to WOHE?
Was the film released in India? It had a superb soundtrack. But i doubt it has not released in india till date.

WOHE was never released in India.....i have seen it a couple of times on AXN channel.......WOHE's BO fate is something still not clear......but it was directed by a celebrated director in China.....looking at these links it was average i believe.....

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2004/WARHE.php

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

ajaybaskar
23rd November 2006, 12:50 PM
What happened to WOHE?

WOHE was never released in India.....i have seen it a couple of times on AXN channel.......WOHE's BO fate is something still not clear......but it was directed by a celebrated director in China.....looking at these links it was average i believe.....

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2004/WARHE.php

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

Maddy, i got a copy of WOHE from music world. There was no dvd available and hence i picked up a vcd. The movie is too boring and i think thats the reason behind the delay in its indian release. The sountrack is amazing. They have promoted the vcd as a film which has music by ARR, probably bcoz it is the USP for the film in India.

shiva.rock
23rd November 2006, 03:44 PM
Tian di ying xiong aka WHOE
user comments from IMDB:

Beautifully written and executed Film, 14 August 2004

Everything that makes for a great Action Adventure film can be found in Warriors of Heaven and Earth.

Chemistry between actors, excellent music, directing and cinematography, and a good story combine with some decent action sequences to make this tale of warriors a memorable one.

Fans of Gladiator, The Four Feathers, or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

should enjoy this. Solid if understated special effects and and some excellent dramatic moments with a few surprises along the way make Warriors of Heaven and Earth a beautiful experience to behold.

As for Sound if you Can't see it in theatres... at least try to see it with an AC3 or THX/Dolby Surround System the sound and music is worth it! :thumbsup:

If 100 is perfection this gets a solid 90.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374330/usercomments

ajaybaskar
26th November 2006, 08:13 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/4856620/Chinna_Chinna_Aasai_Sad.mp3.html

5.1 format of chinna chinna aasai...

ajaybaskar
26th November 2006, 08:20 PM
there are 4 phases after a rahman album releases:

Phase 1: People don't like it in the first hearing. The trouble is
that they want to post a review as soon as possible, so they post it
based in their first hearing which is almost always negative. you know
i have noticed one thing....when people write a really negative review
of a rahman album and finally add the following words 'not upto
rahman's usual standards' they think this automatically makes them an
impartial reviewer.

Phase 2: Then the slow poison starts working..... .Hmm..... this song is
not bad...!! maybe i should have given it some more hearings

Phase 3: The poison effect has reached it's peak.....the cd keeps
running in a loop in the cd player and in the car....the tunes are
stuck in the head and everyone keeps humming the songs at work, at
home...

Phase 4: The movie releases and the songs become a rage or die a slow
death (but not among arr fans) depending on whether the film is a hit
or a flop.

courtesy:arrfans@yahoogroups

rashid2raj
26th November 2006, 10:52 PM
there are 4 phases after a rahman album releases:

Phase 1: People don't like it in the first hearing. The trouble is
that they want to post a review as soon as possible, so they post it
based in their first hearing which is almost always negative. you know
i have noticed one thing....when people write a really negative review
of a rahman album and finally add the following words 'not upto
rahman's usual standards' they think this automatically makes them an
impartial reviewer.

courtesy:arrfans@yahoogroups

The funny part is, the poeple who gives their reviews after hearing the 30 seconds demo samples ... :lol:

baba88
30th November 2006, 01:15 AM
Vijay and Ajith in Agni Nakshatram

This is a big one. One that will make everyone jump out of their seats!

Eighteen years back, Prabhu as Gautham and Karthik as Ashok set the screen on fire with their histrionics. Die hard Tamil Cinema fans and lunatic thinkers that we are; we would give our left hands if the sparks can be rekindled again with two of the biggest Superstars of recent times, Ajith and Vijay

Ajith as Gautham and Vijay as Ashok would set the cash registers ringing for a year, only if the original is remade by the Master, Mani ratnam himself. Music has to be A.R.Rahman. Did someone else cross your mind?

sonia_fr
5th January 2007, 11:24 PM
Find this CD cover on web today :

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6306/154fy9.jpg

Do you guys have any information about this album???

ajaybaskar
7th January 2007, 02:43 PM
Find this CD cover on web today :

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6306/154fy9.jpg

Do you guys have any information about this album???

That was an album comprising of various ARR hits starting from Roja to Parthalae Paravasam. I had seen it in MW.

sonia_fr
7th January 2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks Ajay! I thought i missed one of his movie album!

lancelot
19th February 2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450040/
guys check this out. its a movie called Yahan Ke Hum Sikander.
and imdb says its complete. how come no one has said anything about it

hehe

rayan36
21st February 2007, 10:19 PM
Asin in Kamal-Mohanlal international multi starrer

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

February 21, 2007

This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com

Looks like Kamal has decided to overwhelm his fans back to back right after Dasavatharam. With Kamal in 10 roles, Dasavatharam is nearing completion and if reports from credible sources are to be believed, Kamal will star in an international project sharing his screen space with some of the kingpins of Indian cinema.

The as yet untitled project - touted to be produced in a mammoth budget - will feature Mohanlal, Asin, and Hiroyuki Sanada - the famous Japanese actor who played a significant role in "The Last Samurai" and is starring in "Rush Hour III". Directed by Bharath Bala of Vande Mataram music album fame, the movie will have A.R. Rahman scoring for it. Rahman is an obvious choice for Bharath Bala given the kinship they share ever since the milestone Vande Mataram music video was launched.

Yet another important feature of the project is that M. T. Vasudevan Nair, one of the eminent Indian writers in the contemporary Indian literature, writes script. Lauded as a master storyteller, M.T. was honored with the highest literary award the nation confers on a writer, the Jnanpith Award in 1995.

Dragun
22nd February 2007, 02:36 AM
I guess they are talking about this movie (http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1702219,0011.htm).

ajaybaskar
23rd February 2007, 05:09 PM
Gr8 news...thanx 4 posting..

sat_srini
24th February 2007, 10:24 PM
News just in from the event at Yashraj Studios. ARR has won the best music award for Rang De Basanti at the 52nd annual Filmfare Awards. This is ARR's 18th Filmfare Award. He now has 9 awards each in Hindi and Tamil.

Source : ARR Yahoo fans group

Ramakrishna
24th February 2007, 10:43 PM
super :clap: :clap:

Ramakrishna
24th February 2007, 10:44 PM
The function is being shown on Sony tv tommorrow at 7:30 pm IST.

sat_srini
12th March 2007, 06:11 AM
[tscii:16f1263899] Will Bebo play Carmen?

The entire cast and crew of Shyam Benegal's Chamki Chameli is in place but they are still looking for the leading lady

Subhash K Jha

This must be the only project in Bollywood which has hero Sanjay Dutt all set to lend his marquee name to the massive project…. but the heroine is yet to be found!

Chamki Chameli has everything in place. The director Shyam Benegal is all set to collaborate with his Zubeida team of music composer A R Rahman and lyricist Javed Akhtar in what promises to be the first fully-fledged musical spectacle since Chetan Anand's Heer Ranjha where Javed's father-in-law Kaifi Azmi had written every dialogue in verse. Vaibhavi Merchant is supposed to choreograph Chamki in the desi big-screen adaptation of the Spanish opera.

Sanjay Gupta says that one of the names at the top of Sanjay's list is Kareena Kapoor, who incidentally was also the first choice for the Chamki Chameli at a time when Benegal was to make the film for another producer.
But when the project exchanged hands and went to Gupta, many other leading ladies were considered. Finally, Chamki Chameli may go to Kareena again.

There's only one hitch. Kareena is shooting for Mani Ratnam's film in the same location, Rajasthan and within a similar ambience. Even the dates for the two films may clash.

But Kareena does seem the right candidate to play the lead in the newest adaptation of Bizet's Opera about a passionate soldier and a fey capricious gypsy woman, now trans-located to Rajasthan.

Kareena is certainly open to the idea. She says, "Why not? I'm looking at challenging roles now. Carmen sounds so exciting. And it had come to me originally. Besides I've never worked with Sanjay Dutt. A few years ago Mahesh Manjrekar was planning a very different love story with the two of us where I was supposed to play a blind girl. I'd love to be paired with Sanjay Dutt. He's the ultimate looker."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=20070312025447625d3804fc6[/tscii:16f1263899]

dinesh2002
12th March 2007, 07:55 AM
News just in from the event at Yashraj Studios. ARR has won the best music award for Rang De Basanti at the 52nd annual Filmfare Awards. This is ARR's 18th Filmfare Award. He now has 9 awards each in Hindi and Tamil.

Source : ARR Yahoo fans group

:shock: even in both north & south huh... cool !!!! 8-)

rayan36
13th March 2007, 12:18 AM
Tirupati: Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) wants to rope in composer A R Rehman to give music to the famous Annamacharya kirtans.

Rehman would be the ambassador to popularise the kirtans among the youth. "So we are planning to give the Rehman touch to at least some of the kirtans so that it would have an impact on the youth," said officiating director of project Bhuman Subramanyam Reddy Saint poet Annamacharya had composed nearly 32,000 songs in praise of the Lord of which only 12,000 are available.

TTD would be observing the 504th death anniversary of Annamacharya from March 15 to 22. A spiritual-cultural event has been arranged at Tallapaka, the birth place of the poet in Kadapa district, where nearly 1000 students from Annamacharya Engineering College would take part in a community devotional singing programme.

http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/news/mar2007/reha_music.php

sat_srini
14th March 2007, 07:51 AM
Check out http://www.myspace.com/karendavid. It has been updated with the songs Shillong Shillong & Carry me home composed by A.R.Rahman. You can also listen to Alive which was posted earlier. Shillong Shillong is really catchy!!!

Note : the songs can be accessed using internet explorer only.

rayan36
3rd April 2007, 09:15 PM
Puli wakes up again

April 03, 2007

This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com

Kushi was a much talked about film for Vijay under the direction of S J Suryah. The film earned good reviews across the media and was praised for its unique treatment of the script. Subsequently Suryah-Vijay combination was said to come together again for

'Puli'. But for unknown reasons the project got shelved and Vijay and Suryah got busier in their respective tracks. Kollywood sources alleged that Vijay recommended a few changes in Puli which were not acceptable for Suryah.

Now, Puli is being revived in Telugu with Pawan Kalyan in the lead role. The interesting fact about the Telugu project is that Pawan has accepted the script of Suryah as such and is said to be quite happy about the same. When Suryah was quizzed on this he replied, "The script is exactly the way I had created and there is no change whatsoever". Telugu Puli is being produced by Ramesh whose earlier venture in production was Pokkiri.

WHOA :shock:

ajaybaskar
22nd April 2007, 01:43 PM
A music album from Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, April 21, 2007]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/30660.html

A R Rahman is all set to come out with a musical album in the company of musicians from USA and England.

Rahman would be releasing the album through his KM Music for a popular international audio company.

Rahman is currently busy scoring the background music for much-awaited Sivaji starring Rajinikanth and directed by Shankar.

Also, he is composing music for Vijay's Azhagiya Thamizh Magan. He says that plans are on to come out with a Tamil music album very soon.

coucou
22nd April 2007, 03:39 PM
Will Isai have A R Rahman?

April 21, 2007

S J Suryah's recent releases Thirumagan and Vyabari have bombed at the box office without a trace and the director turned actor is dismayed over this. He is said to be at the cross roads in his career when he is contemplating whether to continue his acting department or

just stay behind the camera directing actors or do both. Having come to a conclusion that acting under somebody's direction does not yield the desired result, S J Suryah has deduced that it is best for him to act in his own direction. Hence he has approached Nick Arts Films who had given him the first break, to fund his next film Isai which will be directed by him and also will have him in the lead role. Going by the past history of the music department in S J Suryah's earlier films especially New and Ah Aah where A R Rahman had done a remarkable job in delivering lilting melodies, will Isai have music scored by the Isai Puyal? We'll have to wait and watch.

rayan36
22nd April 2007, 09:51 PM
A music album from Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, April 21, 2007]

A R Rahman is all set to come out with a musical album in the company of musicians from USA and England.

Rahman would be releasing the album through his KM Music for a popular international audio company.

Rahman is currently busy scoring the background music for much-awaited Sivaji starring Rajinikanth and directed by Shankar.

Also, he is composing music for Vijay's Azhagiya Thamizh Magan. He says that plans are on to come out with a Tamil music album very soon.

yippie :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

thimuru
3rd May 2007, 03:34 PM
ARR may score BGM for Dasavatharam - k.s.ravikumar

vigneshram
4th May 2007, 11:26 AM
Is Sivaji really a Satisfying album from Rahman?

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/05/is-sivaji-really-satisying-album.html or www.vigneshram.com

ajaybaskar
4th May 2007, 06:53 PM

:roll: Is it true,Thimuru? Source...

thimuru
5th May 2007, 07:06 PM

:roll: Is it true,Thimuru? Source...

jeya tv...he himself said

sat_srini
8th May 2007, 01:23 AM
[tscii:6ce3181e65]Will Shah Rukh Khan act in Hindi 'Casablanca'?
07th May 2007 22.18 IST
By Aparajita Ghosh

‘Casablanca’, one of the cult classics of Hollywood, is going to be remade in Hindi by an acclaimed filmmaker.

T Rajeevnath, a National Award winning filmmaker, is all set for a daunting task. He wants to make a Hindi movie inspired from the 1942 flick ‘Casablanca’ that starred Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

The Hindi remake is said to be roughly titled ‘Sangam’, and its script has been written by Rajeevnath himself. Rajeevnath believes ‘Casablanca’ is one of the most outstanding movies of the last century.

The Oscar-winning film had Humphrey Bogart in the role of an expatriate American named Rick Blaine, who owns and runs a casino in Casablanca. Ingrid Bergman played Rick’s ex-lover Ilsa Lund, who is married to another man. The film is about the inner conflict of Rick as he finds himself torn between his feelings for Ilsa and his duty to do the right thing by helping her husband, who is a resistance hero fighting against the Nazis.

Rajeevnath is hoping to sign none other than Shah Rukh Khan to play the role essayed by Bogart in the Hollywood classic. According to Rajeevnath, SRK has the charm and flamboyance to carry the role with conviction. Rajeevnath is looking forward to approach SRK in the coming days.

As for the movie’s heroine, Rajeevnath hasn’t decided yet. But he wants an actress of big stature.

For the time being, the filmmaker has signed A R Rahman to compose the film’s music and songs.
The Hindi remake of ‘Casablanca’ will be shot in Andaman Islands and Shimla.

The film’s shooting will begin by the end of this year.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20070507-5.html[/tscii:6ce3181e65]

thimuru
8th May 2007, 01:48 PM
casablanca...the place...where can we get that sort of place in india...that circumstances

Wibha
10th May 2007, 07:52 AM
are der any songs from the movie ASHOKAN aka YODHA? is der any website which has the songs? :roll:

SVN
13th May 2007, 11:48 PM
Do you think someone like Himesh Reshammiya (or any other MD in Hindi films these days for that matter) understands the concept of background scores? Laxmikant-Pyarelal were pretty good. Nephew Monty Sharma (who did a decent job in Black) is the only hope out there.

If ARR agrees to do the BGM for Dasavatharam, that's great. I guess the producers would dub it in Hindi and other South Indian languages, and ARR's name would also add to the hype.

K
13th June 2007, 07:09 PM
are der any songs from the movie ASHOKAN aka YODHA? is der any website which has the songs? :roll:

cooltoad

A.ANAND
14th June 2007, 01:39 PM
If ARR agrees to do the BGM for Dasavatharam, that's great. I guess the producers would dub it in Hindi and other South Indian languages, and ARR's name would also add to the hype-SVN

I THINK NO CHANCE ARR DO BGM 4 DASAVATHARAM BECAUSE THE PRODUCER OSCAR RAVICHANDRAN IS 'BIGGGGGGGG ANTI ARR'

Vaz
14th June 2007, 03:50 PM
Has ARR ever been associated with Ravichandran? From what I remember it seems that they have never worked together....

rayan36
14th June 2007, 06:08 PM
If ARR agrees to do the BGM for Dasavatharam, that's great. I guess the producers would dub it in Hindi and other South Indian languages, and ARR's name would also add to the hype-SVN

I THINK NO CHANCE ARR DO BGM 4 DASAVATHARAM BECAUSE THE PRODUCER OSCAR RAVICHANDRAN IS 'BIGGGGGGGG ANTI ARR'

you've forgotten the other guy :wink: , IMO HE's the one, biggest anti ARR.

Movies
14th June 2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah the other day I was thnking abt that too, Oscar Ravi could be an anti arr.

But K S ravikumar is a huge fan and associate of ARR.
I still am puzzeled why ARR got knockd out of dasaavatharam..... any info?

Vaz
14th June 2007, 10:33 PM
ARR backed out. Don't think ARR ever had been "knocked out". He had to work on Sivaji, on LOTR, the Elizabeth sequel... So he backed out coz' he felt he coudln't do justice to the film with the time he had... Samething happened with Anniyan. I think I read in Yahoo groups that ARR first suggested VS's name as a replacement...

A.ANAND
15th June 2007, 08:47 AM

you've forgotten the other guy :wink: , IMO HE's the one, biggest anti ARR.IMO :confused2: Yaaru sir avaru???

Vaz
15th June 2007, 04:23 PM
The other one is Kamal...

ajaybaskar
20th June 2007, 06:06 PM
Unreleased footage from Lagaan

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/43156/what-you-didnt-see-in-lagaan.html

prasana84
11th July 2007, 11:38 PM
yaru anti-a.r.r ra iruntha nammakenna namma aaluku ennaiku world market irukku athu indiala verra entha music directorkum illa anti-a.r.r na enna? all of them r ilayaraja fans. when raja was in his peak (thalapathi, guna) a.r.r came up with a diff mind blowing music n got into no.1 position antha varutham innum avankalluku irukku. raja familyae rahman pathi indirecta thappa paesuvangal ethuthan anti-a.r.r. oru vella aduthu yaracham vantha nammakum entha feeling varalam apa namma anti-somebodya agalam ethu patru athula thappilai ana rahman music pidikathavangal yarum irukka mattangal irutha poi solrangal avangathan anti-a.r.r. athey makkalkitta yuvan pathi kelunga katha kathaya solvangal anyway by god's grace a.r is the popular music director in india n world level music director. no one has achieved it in india.

A.ANAND
12th July 2007, 11:42 AM
yaru anti-a.r.r ra iruntha nammakenna namma aaluku ennaiku world market irukku athu indiala verra entha music directorkum illa anti-a.r.r na enna? all of them r ilayaraja fans. when raja was in his peak (thalapathi, guna) a.r.r came up with a diff mind blowing music n got into no.1 position antha varutham innum avankalluku irukku. raja familyae rahman pathi indirecta thappa paesuvangal ethuthan anti-a.r.r. oru vella aduthu yaracham vantha nammakum entha feeling varalam apa namma anti-somebodya agalam ethu patru athula thappilai ana rahman music pidikathavangal yarum irukka mattangal irutha poi solrangal avangathan anti-a.r.r. athey makkalkitta yuvan pathi kelunga katha kathaya solvangal anyway by god's grace a.r is the popular music director in india n world level music director. no one has achieved it in india.
SUPERA SONNINNGA SARE :thumbsup: BUT all illayaraja fans ellam anti arr- innu solla mudiyathu, because illayaraja fans kuda arr fans-ah irukkangga athu unmai.naanum hc illayaraja fan-than.entha alavukku rahman music mela bakti irukko,antha alavukku raja music mela-yum bakti irukku!!!tfm-la illayaraja-oda aathikkthai rahman break pannathala innum oru sila hc illayarja fans alla innum varutham irukku.avargalal ethukka mudiyala, athu than visayam.antha vaitherical list-la kamalhasa-num mukkiyamanavar :lol2:
ysr music patti pugalthu pesaravangga,rahman music patti mattama conderm panna,athala irunthu oru visayathai purinjikkalam,'avanunnga nalla nadikkiranunnga innu'!! :lol:
because ysr kumudam interview-la konja nalukku munnadi avare ootukitaru'ennoda music-la rahman stlye irukku,illa innu naan maluppala'innu.itha proof onnu pothatha???ippa engga vechukuvangga ysr fans ellam!! :D ethanaii md tfm-la entry aanalum,a.r.rahman-nukku piragu innmamum,antha idam kaaliyathan irukku :2thumbsup:

prasana84
12th July 2007, 10:28 PM
yaa same as u say. oru sila peer(hc ir fans) rahman pathi solra comment songs orey vekama irukku orey noisenu solvangal bt the same ppl after some years sayin ysr is rockin his music is great. etha yaralayacham namba mudiyuma. enga katranga avanga vaitherichalla. unmaiya sonna avangallukum a.r.r pidikum. rahman fans(90 percent) ir music pathi thappa pesa mattangal bt see them. kamalkum a.r.rkum indian padam appa problemhe wanted 2 chance the tune bt sankar n rahman refused rahman wanted the tune2 be in the film appa etho problem i dono whether its true or nt bt kelvipattain. avaru othukalana ena rahman valarchiya yaralayyum thadukka mudiyathu.

thilak4life
12th July 2007, 11:34 PM
ada pavingala. Yenda kamal-a illikkuringa? I'm a kamal fan. I would like to see Raaja-Kamal combo, because it's my favorite, it's both nostalgic and haunting. The style of music and the orchestration is :notworthy:

What I've heard so far is, 'Aandavar didn't get along with Rahman during Indian and tenali'. Again this is unconfirmed speculation!

And, we've already spoken about this so-called 'world' level sh!t. I agree that Rahman is a testament to nationalism and one who strikes the balance between 'desi' crowd and TN crowd. Good for him! But, Raaja is the one who didn't care to please the idiots up north, who loved and embraced people who lifted from Raaja. That's fact.

Moreover, you guys should understand that some combos are impeccable!

Be it Hitchcock-herrmann, Leone-Morricone or Aandavar-Raaja! paathu rasika padanum..poramai pada koodadhu! :)

Raaja has sustained for decades. Virumandi illa hey ram madiri gems kudukka mudiyuma vera yaaralayum? Just like how great Roja and Thiruda thiruda albums are - in a different way of course! BGMs-nu vanda, yellarukum theriyum, who is the king-nu! Just because Kamal prefers Raaja to Rahman - don't degrade him. I'm looking forward to Aandavar joining with Rahman (after Raaja-Kamal of course).

thilak4life
12th July 2007, 11:37 PM
And guys, I'm a Rahman fan too. I used to be a fanatic once (during Roja days). After few years, I hated him(immaturity). But I've changed and I seriously don't hate ARR anymore. He's my second favorite, only after Raaja (just like how you guys prefer ARR to Raaja). Please understand :D

Wibha
13th July 2007, 04:40 AM

:shock: inga kamal sir per edhuku vardhu :roll:

A.ANAND
13th July 2007, 12:17 PM
And guys, I'm a Rahman fan too. I used to be a fanatic once (during Roja days). After few years, I hated him(immaturity). But I've changed and I seriously don't hate ARR anymore. He's my second favorite, only after Raaja (just like how you guys prefer ARR to Raaja). Please understand :Dmuulu pusanikkavai sothilla pottu marakkaranunngga!!! :lol:

thilak4life
13th July 2007, 12:21 PM
And guys, I'm a Rahman fan too. I used to be a fanatic once (during Roja days). After few years, I hated him(immaturity). But I've changed and I seriously don't hate ARR anymore. He's my second favorite, only after Raaja (just like how you guys prefer ARR to Raaja). Please understand :Dmuulu pusanikkavai sothilla pottu marakkaranunngga!!! :lol:
yep. Not all ARR fans. Only a few of 'em. :D

prasana84
13th July 2007, 08:52 PM
lets discuss abt a.r.r its kamals choice anyway we r nt botherd whether kamal like a.r.r or not everyone hav thier own taste. nanga yen vaithericahal padanum tilak enga aaloda level ungalluku theriyum. kamal padathukku music pottuthan rahman peyar vanganumnu illa. antha levella yeppavoo thanditar. i wont accept raaja is the best hey no more war lets 4get kamal n raaja in this thread. discuss abt a.r.r.

thilak4life
13th July 2007, 09:34 PM
lets discuss abt a.r.r its kamals choice anyway we r nt botherd whether kamal like a.r.r or not everyone hav thier own taste. nanga yen vaithericahal padanum tilak enga aaloda level ungalluku theriyum. kamal padathukku music pottuthan rahman peyar vanganumnu illa. antha levella yeppavoo thanditar. i wont accept raaja is the best hey no more war lets 4get kamal n raaja in this thread. discuss abt a.r.r.
Then what's the need of pulling him into the diss-cuss-ion? :lol: And, you're the guys who worried about Kamal liking ARR, NOT me :D. As you said, it SHOULDN'T bother you guys. But I can see that some of you guys would love Kamal-ARR pairing in the future (even I'm looking forward to it, if it happens). So, Let's stop faking it or at least stop talking about Kamal-Raaja-Rahman 'stories'! :)

A.ANAND
13th July 2007, 11:08 PM
lets discuss abt a.r.r its kamals choice anyway we r nt botherd whether kamal like a.r.r or not everyone hav thier own taste. nanga yen vaithericahal padanum tilak enga aaloda level ungalluku theriyum. kamal padathukku music pottuthan rahman peyar vanganumnu illa. antha levella yeppavoo thanditar. i wont accept raaja is the best hey no more war lets 4get kamal n raaja in this thread. discuss abt a.r.r. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes: KAMAL IS' ANTI ARR' INNU KAMAL FANS-IKKUM THERIYUM,CHUMMA NADIPPANUNNGA VITTUDUNNGA PRASANA84!!!'KILLA VILUNTHALUM MISAIYILLA MANNU OTTALA INNU'SAATHIKIRA KUUTAM ATHU. :banghead:

prasana84
13th July 2007, 11:26 PM
Then what's the need of pulling him into the diss-cuss-ion? :lol: And, you're the guys who worried about Kamal liking ARR, NOT me :D. As you said, it SHOULDN'T bother you guys. But I can see that some of you guys would love Kamal-ARR pairing in the future (even I'm looking forward to it, if it happens). So, Let's stop faking it or at least stop talking about Kamal-Raaja-Rahman 'stories'! :)
oru patta yepadi kedukanumnu kamalkitta than kathukanum so we the fans of a.r.r felt happy when rahman decided to go out of dasavatharam kamal-a.r.r combolam mukkiyama eppo international projectskaga pakkurom bt i really feel happy when rahman workin with rajini b'coz the reach of the songs will be more than anyother heros. konjam munnadi padichingana anti-a.r.r makkal pathi potturupangal athula neraiya peyar irukangal athula kamallum oruthar. kamal is nt special 4 u as u guys. we r nt worried abt rahman workin with kamal athellam engalluku oru matter illa futurela vantha ok varana nothin matters. we r bothered only abt the international projects of a.r.rahman anyway kamal is a great actors anyway we dont want 2 continue more on this b'coz i hav some respect 4 kamal

prasana84
13th July 2007, 11:27 PM
lets discuss abt a.r.r its kamals choice anyway we r nt botherd whether kamal like a.r.r or not everyone hav thier own taste. nanga yen vaithericahal padanum tilak enga aaloda level ungalluku theriyum. kamal padathukku music pottuthan rahman peyar vanganumnu illa. antha levella yeppavoo thanditar. i wont accept raaja is the best hey no more war lets 4get kamal n raaja in this thread. discuss abt a.r.r. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes: KAMAL IS' ANTI ARR' INNU KAMAL FANS-IKKUM THERIYUM,CHUMMA NADIPPANUNNGA VITTUDUNNGA PRASANA84!!!'KILLA VILUNTHALUM MISAIYILLA MANNU OTTALA INNU'SAATHIKIRA KUUTAM ATHU. :banghead:
wel said anand we will stop discussin on this issue this is nt relevant 2 the topic of the thread

thilak4life
13th July 2007, 11:29 PM
Then quit talking about him. :lol2: Sour grapes sigaramappa neenga! :lol:

-End of digression-

prasana84
13th July 2007, 11:33 PM

-End of digression-
dont get tensed yaar jus leave it kooool

thilak4life
13th July 2007, 11:42 PM

-End of digression-

:lol: Introspection-a! Yeah stay cool.

As for the worries started,

Nope, ARR wasn't knocked out. He wasn't the first choice in the first place :)

Yes, Oscar and Kamal 'could' be Anti-ARR and that could have been the reason.

So, ARR fans stay cooooooooollllllllllllllll :)

And btw, no worries about Music for Kamal haasan movies. Unlike other heroes/actors, Kamal's movies doesn't rely on songs/music. :D He isn't just another 'musical' star dancing for duets and stuff :P
He would rather worry about presenting a tightly scripted film :) And, his musical knowledge would put most of the so-called MDs to shame, this is told by likes of IR, Valli (who worked with all the best MDs) :) So there...

prasana84
13th July 2007, 11:58 PM

-End of digression-

:lol: Introspection-a! Yeah stay cool.

As for the worries started,

Nope, ARR wasn't knocked out. He wasn't the first choice in the first place :)

Yes, Oscar and Kamal 'could' be Anti-ARR and that could have been the reason.

So, ARR fans stay cooooooooollllllllllllllll :)

And btw, no worries about Music for Kamal haasan movies. Unlike other heroes/actors, Kamal's movies doesn't rely on songs/music. :D He isn't just another 'musical' star dancing for duets and stuff :P
He would rather worry about presenting a tightly scripted film :) And, his musical knowledge would put most of the so-called MDs to shame, this is told by likes of IR, Valli (who worked with all the best MDs) :) So there...
ada vandunga anna ungala ketta kamalthan godnu solvinga avara andavarnu solringa. engalluku a.r.rthan usuru. vidunga avaroda international projects, indiala mani ratnam, gowrikar, subash ghai etc entha mathiri periya directors projectthan mukkiyam n ofcourse youthfull subjects waitin 4 sakarakatti ethuthan anna mathabadi perusa nanga yethaiyum yethir pakkala

thilak4life
14th July 2007, 12:07 AM
indiala mani ratnam, gowrikar, (subash ghai - :banghead: )etc entha mathiri periya directors projectthan mukkiyam n ofcourse youthfull subjects waitin 4 sakarakatti ethuthan anna mathabadi perusa nanga yethaiyum yethir pakkala
:thumbsup: but inda directors-lam romba summaar. But of course, the songs would be good.

BTW,

international projects
:roll: :?

prasana84
14th July 2007, 12:15 AM
indiala mani ratnam, gowrikar, (subash ghai - :banghead: )etc entha mathiri periya directors projectthan mukkiyam n ofcourse youthfull subjects waitin 4 sakarakatti ethuthan anna mathabadi perusa nanga yethaiyum yethir pakkala
:thumbsup: but inda directors-lam romba summaar. But of course, the songs would be good.

BTW,

international projects
:roll: :?
But i read from behindwoods tat bharat bala(vande matharam, pray 4 me bro fame) is doin a film with kamal most probably a.r.r must be doin the music. rahman is doin couple of international projects

sakthivel_cool
14th July 2007, 12:19 AM
wat prjects? international means hollywood r wat?

thilak4life
14th July 2007, 12:23 AM
International = Not from India. Anyway, I wanted to know the filmmakers. Looking forward to it :)

prasana84
14th July 2007, 12:26 AM
yes he is doin The Golden Age : Elizabeth - II which is a prestigious movie n (lord of the rings he will be a part in this) earlier he did a chinese movie warriors of heaven n earth n bombay dreams

thilak4life
14th July 2007, 12:31 AM
yes he is doin The Golden Age : Elizabeth - II which is a prestigious movie n (lord of the rings he will be a part in this) earlier he did a chinese movie warriors of heaven n earth n bombay dreams

:thumbsup:

That's Shekar kapoor's film. :)

prasana84
14th July 2007, 12:34 AM

ya its 4 universal picture all the others except shekar kapoor n rahman r foreigners

thilak4life
14th July 2007, 12:41 AM

ya its 4 universal picture all the others except shekar kapoor n rahman r foreigners

Hey I know that :) It's not about 'foreigners'. :D It's about "quality actors" like Cate blanchett, Clive owen and Geoffery Rush.Chumma vellaikaranganala mattum illa, to do a film with such a good 'cast' looks promising. Let's wait for it :thumbsup:

prasana84
14th July 2007, 12:45 AM

Hey I know that :) It's not about 'foreigners'. :D It's about "quality actors" like Cate blanchett, Clive owen and Geoffery Rush.Chumma vellaikaranganala mattum illa, to do a film with such a good 'cast' looks promising. Let's wait for it :thumbsup:
ya hope this movie will give him more popularity out of india

lancelot
14th July 2007, 05:56 PM

ya hope this movie will give him more popularity out of india

check this out... its says the movie is COMPLETE... :thumbsup:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414055/

hehe

prasana84
15th July 2007, 12:01 AM
wooow nice 2 hear lancelot thank u 4 the info

k_vanan
16th July 2007, 09:36 AM
ARR new film with Goutham Menon ? yes this is great news.
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14492768

ajaybaskar
16th July 2007, 11:26 AM

Engo HJvin avalakural ketkiradhu....

"Maappu..Vachuttarda aappu"

ajaybaskar
16th July 2007, 11:40 AM
Trisha in Gautham Menon's movie

Vaaranam Ayiram, Gautham Menon's upcoming movie includes Surya and Genelia in the lead. Kuthu Ramya(now Divya) and Daniel Balaji are also in the cast. Harris Jayaraj has teamed up with Gautham Menon again and this would be their 7th movie together! The duo has come up with great musical hits earlier! Vaaranam Ayiram is currently on hold, since Surya is busy with Hari's Vel. Gautham Menon has rescheduled the project to September. In the meantime, the director has decided to produce and direct a new movie starring new faces and Trisha on the lead. It is believed that A.R.Rahman would render the music!
http://dailykirukkal.blogspot.com/2007/07/trisha-in-gautham-menons-movie.html

A.ANAND
16th July 2007, 04:16 PM

Engo HJvin avalakural ketkiradhu....

"Maappu..Vachuttarda aappu"
:lol: :lol: :lol: ajay, konjam porunnga!!!!etho gimmic pannaranngalo innu thonuthu ennakku,wait and see!!!

A.ANAND
16th July 2007, 04:43 PM
Trisha signs Gautham movie!

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 16 July , 2007, 08:28

Has Gautham Menon abandoned his Surya film Vaaranam Aayiram? Last week he signed up Trisha to do a woman oriented musical, set against the IT background with four new guys in the lead!
And Gautham has pulled off yet another surprise by ditching his favourite music director Harris Jayaraj, and signing up A.R Rahman for this yet untitled film which will start rolling from August first week.

Gautham himself is producing this film, which will be a quickie and he plans to wrap it up in three months. There are rumours that a Mumbai based corporate is backing the project, which is likely to release in December.

Meanwhile Gautham and Harris have jointly taken off to the backwaters of Kerala, to compose songs for Vaaranam Aayiram!

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

ajaybaskar
16th July 2007, 04:50 PM
Anand brother,

I read the same news in yesterday's Dinakaran too. Not all websites and papers give false news. So we stand a 75% chance. Gautham kooda work pannithan namma standarda prove pannanumnu illa. But just curious to know abt the output coz Gautham is a director with a good music sense.

ajaybaskar
16th July 2007, 04:53 PM
Gautham, Trisha and A.R.Rahman team up

July 16, 2007

Gautham, undoubtedly the most happening director in Kollywood, was rumored to be busy writing Vaaranam Aayiram script. But looks like he was simultaneously writing the script for another movie and is planning to set it rolling even before Vaaranam Aayiram's shooting commences.

This movie will be a female-oriented one and it seems Gautham has signed up Trisha for the lead role. Believed to be a musical, Gautham is planning to wrap up the shooting within three months. And the biggest of big surprises is, Gautham, instead of his favourite Harris Jeyaraj, has signed A.R.Rahman. This is sure to be interesting.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-03/16-07-07-gautham-menon.html

A.ANAND
17th July 2007, 08:02 AM
Anand brother,

I read the same news in yesterday's Dinakaran too. Not all websites and papers give false news. So we stand a 75% chance. Gautham kooda work pannithan namma standarda prove pannanumnu illa. But just curious to know abt the output coz Gautham is a director with a good music sense.
Yes Ajay,i agree with u.ennakum antha doubt iruthathu,aana ippa unmaya irukkum innuthan nenakiran.because we all arr fans know
sify.com is big 'anti arr'webside avangale intha news podum pothu konjam yosikkanumthan :) paapome gautham -arr combo eppadi innu??

k_vanan
3rd August 2007, 07:05 AM
SJ Surya new movie Puli (telugu)with ARR
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/puli_aug0207.php

A.ANAND
3rd August 2007, 11:18 AM
SJ Surya new movie Puli (telugu)with ARR
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/puli_aug0207.phptamil-la appdiye s.j.suryah hero :banghead:

Vaz
3rd August 2007, 03:07 PM
Is it confirmed that Sammanaasu is gonna do the lead in Tamil?
lucky us! Pawan in Telugu and special treatment for us! wow!

Just yesterday I posted some thing about Justin's tactics of producing films like New in Tamil...

I think Suryah has a very clever tactic...
Make the film on a good budget with a Telugu producer... Then use the opportunity to make it in tamil as well... using everything that has already been setup for the initial film... sets, common characters in both languages... etc... And he'll release it as if he did produce everything by himself...

I may be biased coz' I hate the actor Suryah... But good that we have another album by ARR to look fwd to...

A.ANAND
3rd August 2007, 03:26 PM
Is it confirmed that Sammanaasu is gonna do the lead in Tamil?
lucky us! Pawan in Telugu and special treatment for us! wow!

Just yesterday I posted some thing about Justin's tactics of producing films like New in Tamil...

I think Suryah has a very clever tactic...
Make the film on a good budget with a Telugu producer... Then use the opportunity to make it in tamil as well... using everything that has already been setup for the initial film... sets, common characters in both languages... etc... And he'll release it as if he did produce everything by himself...

I may be biased coz' I hate the actor Suryah... But good that we have another album by ARR to look fwd to...
neenga sonnathula thappe illa sir!!!i also hate this guy!!dierctor-ra he his talented but hero -va pakkave sagikkal sir.athu pattthunnu,intha munjikku overa double meaning dialoge,romance vera :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: saniyam pudichavan!!

Vaz
3rd August 2007, 03:42 PM
hi Anand,

I'm in my mid 20zzz so don't think you need to call me sir.

coming back to Samanaasu...

I was just too comic a situation to see Simran, Nayanthara, Nila and Tamanaa fall head over heels for the great manmadhan of tamil films!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunaly I think people are getting accustomed to see his face
eventhough most of his movies are flops...

But anyway he has a musical "ear"... so we can expect some good tunes form ARR and that's the most important for us!!!

rayan36
3rd August 2007, 04:56 PM
Isn't there a movie before *ing Pawan, music by ARR, what happen to that movie??? :roll:

dinesh2002
3rd August 2007, 05:42 PM
Isn't there a movie before *ing Pawan, music by ARR, what happen to that movie??? :roll:

Satyagrahi i think....

Vaz
3rd August 2007, 05:51 PM
But that film (Satyaraghi) has been dropped isn't it?

I think it never really took off...

A.ANAND
3rd August 2007, 07:14 PM
hi Anand,

I was just too comic a situation to see Simran, Nayanthara, Nila and Tamanaa fall head over heels for the great manmadhan of tamil films!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But anyway he has a musical "ear"... so we can expect some good tunes form ARR and that's the most important for us!!!
unngalukku mid2ozz,enakku ippathan mid18zzz.. :lol: :lol:
my wife say's his face like 'bangaladesi'guy :lol: :lol:

Ramakrishna
3rd August 2007, 09:12 PM
hi Anand,

Mid 18nu solreeng, athukulla kalyaanam aayiduchaa :lol:

rayan36
3rd August 2007, 09:14 PM
But that film (Satyaraghi) has been dropped isn't it?

I think it never really took off...

Oh yeah Satyaraghi ,I saw some pooja stills from the movie from a telugu website, dunno what happen. The movie had a website, just one page I think

A.ANAND
4th August 2007, 11:41 AM
hi Anand,

Mid 18nu solreeng, athukulla kalyaanam aayiduchaa :lol:
chumma!!! chumma!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

moncy
19th August 2007, 05:56 AM
AR Rahaman's assistant George Peter did a wonderful job on the music for the malayalam movie Heartbeats. You can listen to the great music on musicindiaonline.com
He did an outstanding attempt on his first album. I appreciate his great work.

Ramakrishna
19th August 2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/46670/a-r-rahman-salutes-the-freedom-spirit.html

sat_srini
21st August 2007, 09:34 PM
[tscii:014407edd4]Bala I have “Taj Mahal” (IMAX) coming up. Being an awesome monument, you can’t shoot it like a news reel. We have to embrace it with emotion. So we had to go to court, close the Taj for two days, clean up the litter, take care of the details and shoot it in splendid lighting. Fifty per cent of the shoot is complete.

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2007/08/21/stories/2007082150010100.htm

ARR was supposed to compose the music for this movie. Check the website - http://www.tajmahalfilm.com/[/tscii:014407edd4]

sat_srini
21st August 2007, 09:35 PM
[tscii:f3e9056a86]Bala I have “Taj Mahal” (IMAX) coming up. Being an awesome monument, you can’t shoot it like a news reel. We have to embrace it with emotion. So we had to go to court, close the Taj for two days, clean up the litter, take care of the details and shoot it in splendid lighting. Fifty per cent of the shoot is complete.

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2007/08/21/stories/2007082150010100.htm

ARR was supposed to compose the music for this movie. Check the website - http://www.tajmahalfilm.com/[/tscii:f3e9056a86]

rayan36
23rd October 2007, 08:24 PM
[tscii:5f814c7287]
Rahman’s second tryst with the UN

No minimum balance NRI account

October 23, 2007

A R Rahman is returning to the small screen and this time the maestro back for a musical show “Mission Ustad.” The show, a joint venture between the United Nations and production house Endemol, will feature some of the best entertainers in the country. Mission Ustad will be on air on the new Hindi entertainment channel 9X.

It aims at spreading awareness about the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals (MDG).

Rahman in his press address said: “I am delighted to be part of 'Mission Ustad' on 9X. Many eminent names from the entertainment industry will join me on the show. I am convinced that the partnership will bring about the desired awakening among Indian viewers, and the show will touch the hearts of the nation in a very entertaining manner.”

Rajesh Kamat, who heads the entertainment channel, 9X, said that music was the only universal language that could reach and bind everyone. They felt this effort was very important and if India didn’t achieve the MDG by 2015, which aims at alleviating the lives of the socially marginalized, it would be detrimental to India’s future. When it comes to serving a cause, Rahman is one person you can count on. His earlier stint with the UN composing an anthem for poverty was another noteworthy effort

[/tscii:5f814c7287]

somusic
12th November 2007, 09:54 PM
Rehman in Lollywood.............Great news........But we have to wait.

Who doesn't know the famous composer A.R. Rahman? Yes, he is the one who rendered music for the best of Bollywood movies. Whether the film makes business or not, his songs are sure to create waves all over the world. Nah! We don't intend to bore you with stuff that you already know. Our actor/producer Humayun Saeed has hooked A.R. Rahman for his upcoming movie. The title of the film is still under consideration but the musical score is all set to fit in the movie. Great news for all the music lovers who want to see the Lollywood music flourish just as the pop music. Humayun Saeed has recently returned from Norway after selecting the locations of shooting and plans to finalise the cast soon. After the turnover of Khuda Ke Liye, Humayun Saeed is very optimistic about his movie and he ensures that his movie will compel a lot of people to take their families to the theatres. It's time to revive the culture of cinema in our country. Nice thoughts Humayun!

Courtesy: http://www.pakvibes.com/articles/comments.php?id=20_0_1_0_C

A.ANAND
17th November 2007, 06:36 PM
Rehman in Lollywood.............Great news........But we have to wait.

Who doesn't know the famous composer A.R. Rahman? Yes, he is the one who rendered music for the best of Bollywood movies. Whether the film makes business or not, his songs are sure to create waves all over the world. Nah! We don't intend to bore you with stuff that you already know. Our actor/producer Humayun Saeed has hooked A.R. Rahman for his upcoming movie. The title of the film is still under consideration but the musical score is all set to fit in the movie. Great news for all the music lovers who want to see the Lollywood music flourish just as the pop music. Humayun Saeed has recently returned from Norway after selecting the locations of shooting and plans to finalise the cast soon. After the turnover of Khuda Ke Liye, Humayun Saeed is very optimistic about his movie and he ensures that his movie will compel a lot of people to take their families to the theatres. It's time to revive the culture of cinema in our country. Nice thoughts Humayun!

Courtesy: http://www.pakvibes.com/articles/comments.php?id=20_0_1_0_Clollywood-la music panna enna benifit???tamil-la athigama movie pannale pothum namma thala!1 year 4 movies. :D

somusic
19th November 2007, 12:12 AM
Never try to see the benefit of what one gets, in the field of music , when it's for music been done for an Indian, Hollywood, lollywood , no matter what the "Wood" maybe

If you do have the ability to accept and enhance good music from wherever it comes, then i don't find any difference in splitting them up based upon the languages or the place.

that's why it's a well known saying that " Music doesn't have any language"

if you still stick to the language regarding the music which you hear, then you should only be hearing your mother tongue music, and not on other languages.......................

do u tend to disagree dude...............

bye
somu

dinesh2002
19th November 2007, 07:47 PM
Lollywood???? what is next ??? Pollywood? Nollywood? Wollywood??? :lol: :lol: funny peeps!!

its good ARR is venturing around... :)

rayan36
19th November 2007, 07:53 PM
what's lollywood?

Ramakrishna
19th November 2007, 07:55 PM
what's lollywood?

I think pakistan Film industry

rayan36
19th November 2007, 07:56 PM
romba lollupa :lol:

Ramakrishna
19th November 2007, 08:11 PM
:roll:

thamizhvaanan
19th November 2007, 09:03 PM
nee think panranu sonna'la.. adha thaan lollu'nu solraaru .. :lol2:

A.ANAND
20th November 2007, 07:59 AM
samosawood-innu yethavathu puthusa oru wood varapothu pattu sollungappa! :lol:

somusic
21st November 2007, 06:26 PM
Rehman in a recent interview in Hindustan Times-Mumbai Edition

[[ I have Jodhaa Akbar coming up, followed by Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na with seven songs and Ada with 10 tracks. Then, there's Gajini and Yuvraj.

How's The Lord of the Rings album doing??
It faced some criticism in Toronto but it is doing quite well in London.

Are there any other international projects in the pipeline?
There were some feelers from a London-based company. But I don't want to be tied down to a contract. ]]

Rehman mentioned about ADA,,this flim was started in 2001.
The directer is tanveer ahamed.........
Nice to hear from him, that this flim is going to release..........

Then,,Lollywood is Pakistan's flim industry..........
He is a musician,, he is not fixed for one language......
So if u love good music,listen from wherever it comes..........

As a music lover ............
No matter whatever may be the language,,
Music don't have any languages......

Only there is good music and bad music........in musical laguage....
by Miles Davis- Great jazz musician who understood
J.S Bach's music very well....

rayan36
21st November 2007, 10:50 PM
nee think panranu sonna'la.. adha thaan lollu'nu solraaru .. :lol2:

YUP :lol:

prasana84
26th February 2008, 09:20 PM
so when is sakarakatti, ghajini comin? any updates

lancelot
26th February 2008, 09:23 PM
what's lollywood?

I think pakistan Film industry

no no... you got it wrong... thats Pakiwood! :lol:
hehe

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 08:23 PM
hey guys, does anyone know of an album called Set Me Free by Rahman? I was wondering if you guys have the CD for this that I can get a HQ from.

Ramakrishna
1st March 2008, 08:25 PM
hey guys, does anyone know of an album called Set Me Free by Rahman? I was wondering if you guys have the CD for this that I can get a HQ from.

Hey Thinesh,
I have the Songs with me. Shall i upload them?

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 08:29 PM

Hey Thinesh,

do u have 320 mp3 ramakrishna? because i too have 128 but with my 5.1 set-up it sounds like i am hearing it from a radio :lol:

Ramakrishna
1st March 2008, 08:31 PM

Hey Thinesh,

do u have 320 mp3 ramakrishna? because i too have 128 but with my 5.1 set-up it sounds like i am hearing it from a radio :lol:

oh no thinesh. I too have only in 128 kbps

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 08:32 PM

Hey Thinesh,

oh no thinesh. I too have only in 128 kbps

ya its very rare to find it. :( dont worry tho, if i get it from someone i'll surely post it for all u guys.

baba88
2nd March 2008, 05:11 PM
So when will Sakkarakatti release ?
If it releases in April it will be a clash between dasavatharam, vaaranam aayiram and sakkarakatti.

arsaregama
2nd March 2008, 11:59 PM
The Score magazine (a.r.rahman exclusive)

www.highonscore.com

sat_srini
2nd May 2008, 04:44 AM
[tscii:dad8a62fab]Ash pairs opposite Abhi in Dhun
By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 01st May 2008

Ash and Abhi not only make a perfect off-screen couple but they look fabulous together on screen too. That’s why they are the first choice of any filmmaker. They have been signed by cinematographer and director Rajiv Menon for his forthcoming film Dhun.

It will be produced by Eros Entertainment. It is a light-hearted love story based on music. Both Ash and Abhi liked the storyline and they signed the project before they were off to Miami. The shooting of Dhun will commence in February 2009. Since it is a music oriented film, Menon had roped in AR Rehman to compose the music of Dhun.

Grapevine also buzzed that when Abhi failed to give dates, Menon approached Saif Ali Khan for the male lead. But Menon showed his ignorance about the matter. Mani Ratnam had also signed the happening duo for his next project. Aishwarya and Abhishek have done couple of films together but they were able to show their dynamic chemistry in Guru only. Hope the audiences like their pairing and they remain immortal on-screen.

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/ash-pairs-opposite-abhi-in-dhun/2620/[/tscii:dad8a62fab]

Dragun
2nd May 2008, 11:55 AM
ARR + Rajiv Menon again? Yay!

thineshan54321
2nd May 2008, 06:06 PM
ARR + Rajiv Menon again? Yay!

KKKK till today remains one of the best music done by Rahman and it became a HUGE HUGE hit. hope the magic repeats and plz remake the same in tamil also.

Ramakrishna
4th May 2008, 11:46 AM
ARR interview on asianet

part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IpxH961k018

part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G5OspKHmYYg

part3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GElvy39Fctc

part4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mDN-x3xWQSY

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 01:15 PM
Please go here: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1395620#1395620

to discuss on both the albums in a single thread... one song at a time....

Janar
6th September 2008, 07:57 PM
E song "Elay", frm sakkarakatii is so nice..so free spirited, innocent and yet filled with heartwarming goodness and simplicity..

" dowry mappilaikku kadhal solli tharuvom"

dat line is realli touching. violion's super, gd job arr!

Yathu
7th January 2009, 02:15 AM
This thread deffo needs to be deleted. 'Tis the daddy of useless threads.

thineshan54321
7th January 2009, 06:05 AM
This thread deffo needs to be deleted. 'Tis the daddy of useless threads.

agreed. mods please delete this thread.

R.Latha
20th January 2009, 01:05 PM
[tscii:1f0b1233f9]Gautham meets Rahman
January 17, 2009
Wishes continue to flow for Rahman following his Golden Globe triumph. We had earlier reported that Rahman had been congratulated by Rajnikanth, Shankar and the entire Endhiran team. Even former CM Jayalalitha had congratulated him.

Yesterday, Gautham Menon called upon Rahman and presented him a
Gautham Menon

bouquet as a mark of his appreciation of Rahman’s achievement. Gautham is currently associated with Rahman in a couple of projects, the noteworthy among them is Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-09-03/gautham-17-01-09.html
[/tscii:1f0b1233f9]

Ramakrishna
21st January 2009, 02:28 AM
[tscii:01bfacb4cc]http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090120/jsp/frontpage/story_10415355.jsp

The US state department to be headed by Hillary Clinton will “support February 2009 celebrations in India to commemorate the tour by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 50 years ago to study Mahatma Gandhi. This tour deeply influenced the American civil rights movement,” a media release here said.

The delegation will include Martin Luther King III, son of the slain leader, and US Congressman John Lewis, who was the youngest speaker at the 1963 Washington rally where King delivered his historic “I Have a Dream” speech.

The delegation to India next month will include legendary jazz musician Herbie Hancock, who will take part in a special tribute in Chennai on the theme of non-violence along with composer A.R. Rahman and actor and director Kamal Haasan.[/tscii:01bfacb4cc]

Ramakrishna
21st January 2009, 02:28 AM
[tscii:6e9c4687e2]AR to perform in Chennai | A Special Music Tribute
Media Note
Office of the Spokesman, Washington, DC

The U.S. Department of State will support February 2009 celebrations in India to commemorate the tour by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 50 years ago to study Mahatma Gandhi. This tour deeply influenced the American civil rights movement. The delegation, including Martin Luther King, III; civil rights movement veteran U.S. Representative John Lewis; and legendary jazz musician Herbie Hancock, along with other distinguished Americans, will meet with counterparts in India to underscore the enduring importance of the King and Gandhi legacies.

The delegation will meet in New Delhi with government leaders, social activists, and youth, and will travel around India to some of the principal sites associated with Mahatma Gandhi’s work. There will be two special musical performances featuring Herbie Hancock and others organized by the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz. In Chennai, Indian musicians will conduct a special tribute, including performances of music on the theme of non-violence created by leading composer A.R. Rahman, widely acclaimed for writing the score to the current hit film “Slumdog Millionaire,” and a dramatic reading by film actor and director Kamal Haasan.

In February 1959, Dr. King and Coretta Scott King traveled throughout India in search of the roots of the nonviolent social action movement for Indian independence, studying Mahatma Gandhi’s ideals and meeting his followers around the country. Upon their return to the United States, Dr. King and other leaders of the civil rights movement drew on Gandhi’s ideas to transform American society.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2009/01/115001.htm
[/tscii:6e9c4687e2]

A.ANAND
21st January 2009, 06:50 AM
RAHMANUM NAANUM (RAHMAN AND ME)

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/ar-rahman-20-01-09-1.html

SoftSword
21st January 2009, 12:31 PM
guys...
aamir is doing a movie called "3 Idiots" a movie inspired from the book "five point someone"... i hav read this book... and the reading is as good as watching a movie... it took me back to my university days... guess it would come out as an awesome movie...

i am very curious to know if the MD is ARR... i very well know that ARR is quite busy with his projects now... but still out of curiosity... does anyone hav any info on this?

Scale
21st January 2009, 12:37 PM
No. Music by Shantanu Moitra

SoftSword
21st January 2009, 12:38 PM
No. Music by Shantanu Moitra

oh sad... :(
but can understand that god cant appear everywhere u see...

ajaybaskar
21st January 2009, 12:53 PM
Shantanu is the aasthaana MD of Rajkumar Hirani..

Scale
21st January 2009, 01:17 PM
Not that alone.

After Lagaan, he keeps shifting to Director's/producers choice (RDB is ROM may be he recommended)

Dil Chahta Hai - Mangal Pandey
Taare Zameen par - Ghajini
Now Three Idiots sounds interesting

may be for the next he will come back to ARR with mokkai script.

How great it would have been to hear ARR in DCH & TZP!

raagas
21st January 2009, 03:47 PM
But then DCH and TZP had beautiful scores by Shankar-Ehsan-Loy. Be it so. They are good films with good music. Probably ARR might have done some good music too.. Still, the music of these films lack nothing. They are adequately brilliant in their own right.

Scale
21st January 2009, 04:00 PM
No denial raagas. Did I say anything lacking? Its ARR who suffers poor scripts and execution offlate. There wasnt ample scope for ARR to score in MP & Ghajini compared to DCH & TZP. In that respect even SEL would be disappointed to score for MP & Ghajini if DCH & TZP opted out from them. Thats it!

raagas
21st January 2009, 04:16 PM
Yaa..Thats true. for that matter, even Yuvvraaj. I heard the movie sucks bigtime.

Scale
21st January 2009, 04:27 PM
raagas, I have watched all his recent movies :voppari:

now I quack myself 2-2.30 hrs nalla padam kodukkurathu avvalavu kashtama enna? :roll: aamannu dhaan thonudhu :yes: They are lost somewhere. DCH & TZP are exceptions and not JTYJN or either SDM!

btw, Did you hear "Connections"?

raagas
21st January 2009, 04:57 PM
I heard 'Connections' on someone's mobile phone and it is an exceptionally beautiful album. I didnt like Jiya se Jiya but all the other songs are brilliant.

Someone has posted links (low quality probably...But i have plans to buy the cd when it is out) in this thread but i am unable to access them.

Wish someone posts the album on rapidshare or mediafire or something like that.

Ramakrishna
21st January 2009, 09:13 PM
<dig> Today is our beloved hubber Guess_me(Naveen)'s birthday.
Happy birthday Naveen :D
</dig>

SoftSword
21st January 2009, 09:15 PM
many happy returns of the day naveen...
vaazhga.. valarga...

Scale
22nd January 2009, 01:45 AM
/Dign

Some 80's eternal classics, not arr tho :lol:

http://www.in.com/music/userplaylist-80s-classics-427670-1.html

:musicsmile:

/End Dign

SoftSword
22nd January 2009, 06:52 PM
looks like arr teams with Myskin & Surya for a movie named mugamudi...

Ramakrishna
22nd January 2009, 06:55 PM
:roll: source?

thineshan54321
22nd January 2009, 07:14 PM

thorangada oru threada! i love both myskin and surya! hope this is a soulful film!

SoftSword
22nd January 2009, 07:17 PM

orkut...

Ramakrishna
22nd January 2009, 07:19 PM

thorangada oru threada! i love both myskin and surya! hope this is a soulful film!

open pannidalaama :roll: or shall we wait for official announcement?
However it has been reported in sify as well
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14842906

SoftSword
22nd January 2009, 07:38 PM

open pannidalaama :roll: or shall we wait for official announcement?
However it has been reported in sify as well
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14842906

new thread opened...

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12585&highlight=

SoftSword
27th January 2009, 03:38 PM
there was some news in times of india sunday, that ARR is doing a song for "pussy cat dolls"...

more info??

Ramakrishna
27th January 2009, 05:43 PM
Jai Ho being remixed. nothing else

ajaybaskar
29th January 2009, 10:07 PM
[tscii:014b8c8339]
Jai Ho being remixed. nothing else

AR Rahman to remix ‘Jai Ho’ with Pussycat Dolls

Mumbai, Jan 27: With the entire world grooving to his much acclaimed award winning ‘Slumdog Millionare’ score ‘Jai Ho’, A R Rahman is the man of the moment. And while the country waits it’s musical prodigy to bring home the much-marooned Oscar, the west is going gaga over Rahman; lining up to share the stage with him.

The music maestro who bought the much-deserved limelight on Indian music is now a hot shot favorite with western bands. And the latest set of crooners vying to work with Rahman are ‘Pussycat Dolls’.

The uber hot ladies will be joining forces with Rahman for the remix video track of ‘Jai Ho’. The original song done by Indian rap-bhangra artiste Sukhwinder Singh will now feature Pussycat Dolls in its video version.

The singer has reportedly hooked up with American music producer Jimmy Iovine for the said album.

http://www.zeenews.com/entertainment/music/2009-01-27/502097news.html[/tscii:014b8c8339]

Kumarappa
26th February 2009, 10:18 PM
So friends, life goes on! Yeah, ARR is still in business! (In fact inithanpa aarambam!) And next release should be either "8 X 10 Tasveer" or "Sultan the Warrior". According to the official website, it is the latter which will release next.

Ramakrishna
26th February 2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah Yeah... I am waiting for his next release eagerly. I will be more excited than the Oscar victory when his albums release.

ajaybaskar
26th February 2009, 10:34 PM
Guys, ARR, in his HT interview, said that his fans can await a sweet surprise which is bound to happen soon...

kamalsurya
28th February 2009, 01:42 PM
The song that was re-mixed with Pussycat dolls along with Rahmna. Link Below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZWHQgSEkcw

:roll: :roll: Looks like they have made major changes and it is still up for debate if they have killed the soul of the song :lol:

jaaze
4th March 2009, 03:51 PM

:roll: :roll: Looks like they have made major changes and it is still up for debate if they have killed the soul of the song :lol:

They played it on 987 FM today (English Channel in Singapore) :D

kamalsurya
4th March 2009, 08:16 PM

They played it on 987 FM today (English Channel in Singapore) :D

Oh did the Dj's say anything reagrding the song?

Thalafanz
4th March 2009, 08:38 PM

The way they pronounce 'Jai Ho' is funny. :P

jaaze
4th March 2009, 09:02 PM
Oh did the Dj's say anything reagrding the song?
They just said this was an Oscar winning track and moved on to talk about some actors in the Oscars.

ajaybaskar
17th March 2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TH2DYY/ref=s9_intm_c1_t1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=0P1ZQSXJGFC197NW8B52&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846

thamizhvaanan
27th March 2009, 08:16 PM
What is the next release of thalaivar?

Aduthadhu eppo :redjump: :bluejump:

SoftSword
11th August 2009, 05:17 PM
does anybody hav any idea about the music album Ooh la la la which ARR released... this is supposed to be recorded in rahmans studio with his modern equipments rite...

Appu s
11th August 2009, 05:46 PM
does anybody hav any idea about the music album Ooh la la la which ARR released... this is supposed to be recorded in rahmans studio with his modern equipments rite...

i don think so, Rahman sir promised that he will give opportunity to record one of their songs in his studio for their band in future.

agam
11th August 2009, 08:53 PM
Dr.ARR released the album on Aug 7th
http://gallery.oneindia.in/main.php?g2_itemId=1401977
One can listen to the album samples here
http://www.oohlalala.in/stores.php

ajaybaskar
18th August 2009, 09:07 PM
Will Blue, VTV and Puli audio release on the same day (Sep 2nd)???

Appu s
19th August 2009, 10:59 AM
Will Blue, VTV and Puli audio release on the same day (Sep 2nd)???

i m just imagining that :lol: ...

Benny Lava
24th August 2009, 09:31 AM
Guys, shall we have a poll at the beginning of this thread, namely "What kind of album you want from ARR next?" It will be interesting to know what kind of album people want from ARR :D

My options will be:
a) Pure class - like KKS or Kadhal virus
b) Classical bliss - like Kandukondein Kandukondein, Sangamam
c) Commercial extravaganza - like Sivaji, Rangeela
d) Youthful & peppy - like Boys, Sakkarakatti
e) Romantic - like Alaipayuthey, SOK
f) Totally story/theme based - like Iruvar, Pavithra
g) A period album

Suggestions/Corrections are welcome

jaaze
24th August 2009, 09:58 AM
in order of expectation
1.d
2.c
3. a & e :)

Benny Lava
24th August 2009, 10:44 AM
To be honest, thalaivar edhu pannalum enakku OK thaan.. it will still be great. But specifically in TFM, I want him to do

g,b,a,f & d.

I can't really place one above the other :D

Yathu
25th August 2009, 04:05 AM
I think I want to see something that really works on a commercial level next from ARR. Commercial and classy and innovative, if thats possible! Something that'll really capture every listener.

sha
5th September 2009, 11:45 PM
b and f

totaly missing it for last few years...

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2009, 10:39 PM
arr foundation calendar 2010

http://worldlight.in/

MADDY
23rd December 2009, 12:14 PM

thanks but its not opening :(

MADDY
23rd December 2009, 12:20 PM
Guys, shall we have a poll at the beginning of this thread, namely "What kind of album you want from ARR next?" It will be interesting to know what kind of album people want from ARR :D

My options will be:
a) Pure class - like KKS or Kadhal virus
b) Classical bliss - like Kandukondein Kandukondein, Sangamam
c) Commercial extravaganza - like Sivaji, Rangeela
d) Youthful & peppy - like Boys, Sakkarakatti
e) Romantic - like Alaipayuthey, SOK
f) Totally story/theme based - like Iruvar, Pavithra
g) A period album

Suggestions/Corrections are welcome

something totally innovative - like genre subversions of WCM or jazz. i feel he has a great scope in restructuring the hollywood music scores which are still traditional. he must break the existing models - and he knows a thing or 2 abt it :P

Sanjeevi
23rd December 2009, 02:29 PM

will require Flash 10 Plugin

MADDY
23rd December 2009, 06:58 PM

will require Flash 10 Plugin

hey thanks. :)

sathya_1979
24th December 2009, 06:43 PM
Ordered for 2 copies of the Calendar!

MADDY
25th December 2009, 01:58 PM
Ordered for 2 copies of the Calendar!

link for ordering? sorry if its in a very ovbvious location :oops:

sathya_1979
25th December 2009, 08:00 PM
Maddy, on the worldlight.in home page, navigate on work speaks menu and click on current project.
It will take us to the calendar page. If you click on the buy now option below, it will navigate to another site - http://www.sales.audiomedia.in/mainproduct.php?prod_id=MQ==
Here, we need to create a user id (our mail id) and then order thru card / dd. Hope this helps.

MADDY
25th December 2009, 09:24 PM
Maddy, on the worldlight.in home page, navigate on work speaks menu and click on current project.
It will take us to the calendar page. If you click on the buy now option below, it will navigate to another site - http://www.sales.audiomedia.in/mainproduct.php?prod_id=MQ==
Here, we need to create a user id (our mail id) and then order thru card / dd. Hope this helps.

remba remba thanks :bow:

shocker
26th December 2009, 04:00 AM
Can the calender be bought internationally?

Kumar2020
26th December 2009, 11:16 AM
im from malaysia....any chance for me to order?or is it also available here in malaysia?

sathya_1979
26th December 2009, 12:53 PM
I think yes. Even though on the homepage they have mentioned the amount in INR, when we navigate to audiomedia site, they display the cost in equivalent USD also. So, I thik they will ship it to most of the countries.

sathya_1979
29th December 2009, 08:05 PM
Got my calendar copies today! Really awesome :-) Worth every paise spent (Actually priceless to have thalaivar on desktop). Great job by worldlight.in. I request all rahmaniacs to get atleast 1 copy. Advanced Happy New Year 2010.

A.ANAND
30th December 2009, 07:08 AM
engga oorla kedaikuma?

sathya_1979
30th December 2009, 11:29 AM
Anand, I checked with Audiomedia people. They asked me to call back by 2 PM IST today regarding confirmation on International shipments. Will check with them by today afternoon and intimate all international hubbers in the afternoon.

sathya_1979
30th December 2009, 04:36 PM
Checked with them. They said that they are planning to sell this through amazon.com and asked the international fans to wait for some more time. Maybe you can try contatacting them through customercare@sales.audiomedia.in

littlemaster1982
30th December 2009, 04:37 PM
Good job Sathya :thumbsup:

sathya_1979
30th December 2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks LM. Isai deivathin bakthargalukku edho ennaala mudinjadhu :-)

A.ANAND
30th December 2009, 06:41 PM
Anand, I checked with Audiomedia people. They asked me to call back by 2 PM IST today regarding confirmation on International shipments. Will check with them by today afternoon and intimate all international hubbers in the afternoon.

:ty: sathya

sathya_1979
30th December 2009, 06:55 PM
International Shipments:

Checked with them. They said that they are planning to sell this through amazon.com and asked the international fans to wait for some more time. Maybe you can try contacting them through customercare@sales.audiomedia.in / Ph: +91 44 2498 1208

shocker
31st December 2009, 12:03 AM
Very kind of you to be so helpful in finding this information out.
I will wait for it to be available on amazon. I hope it does not take too long, the calender looks too cool :(

sathya_1979
31st December 2009, 12:05 AM
Yes, the Calendar is really very good. I bought 2 - One for Home and One for Office :-)

shocker
31st December 2009, 01:03 AM
I saw some photos online but they are not really clear. Are you able to see the photo of AR and the calender, or is the photo on one side and calender on the other side?

sathya_1979
31st December 2009, 01:13 AM
Its Like this - A Flipping Calendar (Desk mela vekkara maadhiri), One page with Thalaivar's image, next side the same image (Smaller size) fitted inside a circle. Likewise 6 Photos and six monthwise pages (2 months per page)