PDA

View Full Version : Dr(ums) Sivamani

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 08:59 AM
Topic started by Palani Kumar (kumarpalani@rocketmail.com) (@ dns.kuwait-chamber.com.kw) on Sat May 16 01:41:00 EDT 1998.

I attended a music show 'Indo-Jazz Fusion' by Sivamani with Louis, Kerl Peter & one vocalist (yesterday). During his 2-1/2 hours non-stop play, (Kaiyaa athu, enna speed !!!) I could recollect few of IR songs.
enge enthan kaathali
Meham kottattum aattam undu
kanni ilam poovudal
raathiriyil poothirukkum
enna venum thinnungadaa
How to name it album songs

Shall we list some more songs?

Oldposts
1. raja, radhathi rajan intha raja
oru yugam thAn (^_^)

Oldposts
Is " Adiyae manam nillunae nikkathadi" is by sivamani (a balu's movie by IR) exceptional drums usage

Oldposts
1. Kaadhal Maharani...
2. Aei unnaitthane ...
from Kadhal Parisu

3. Vaa Vaa Pakkam Vaa
4. Pooomaalai
from Thanga Magan

Oldposts
Hi ,
All the drum scores of raja is not by sivamani,
--- Purushotaman has also done some for raja

Drum machine were used in the most of the song mentioned here
Srikanth

Oldposts
hi
i am great fan of sivamani. i am currently studying in the u.s and some of my american friends love him too. could you tell me where i could get albums released by him.or the name of the cd's and the place where they are sold.
thanks
sriram

Oldposts
hi
i am great fan of sivamani. i am currently studying in the u.s and some of my american friends love him too. could you tell me where i could get albums released by him.or the name of the cd's and the place where they are sold.
thanks
sriram

Oldposts
There is an album of Sivamani in MP3.com. Search for Sivamani there. You can even download those songs. Some are good.

Oldposts
Guys,
Some more songs of Sivamani, IR Combo
1. Ninnukori Varnam == Agni Natchathiram
2. Pannivizhum Malarvanam ==
3. Nanne Nana ==

Oldposts
I thought all songs in Anjali was played by Sivamani! Is that right?

Oldposts
See Sivamanis interview in today's Rediff. He refers to "lack of coordination in musical programming" while working on a movie for Kamal with ARR and IR...obviously, I guess that means Punnagai Mannan?

http://www.rediff.co.in/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/TheRediffMusicShop/music_content.d2w/report?fname=1802siv.htm

Oldposts
In 'Punnagai Mannan', Sivamani worked with Rahman on the Computer and Purushothaman, who couldn't do a certain drum roll and the Computer failed and they were on a tight deadline. Sivamani played this himself.

Oldposts
a --- "Oracle.uk" Geeta, is that you???

Oldposts
guys my name is vinay and i'm in sunnyvale CA can anyone tell me as to where i could get cds of sivamani online
i would greatly appriciate this help
thanks

Oldposts
Vinay: Check out www.sivamani.com

Also, he hasn't released 'Amma'.....because of heavy touring. You can check on music sites like SaReGaMa e.t.c. for his corraborations with artistes like Zakhir Hussain and the like.

Oldposts
hai i m prakash, i am fond Mr. sivamani,
i am in chennai Tamilnadu, can i meet him in residence.

Oldposts
did sivamani compose any songs?
was he the percussion in the appane appane song?

Oldposts
dig: In "How does IR compose a song" thread, it is mentioned that, R Purushothaman, the man in-charge of the complete rhythm. Also in How to name it thread, Puru and sivamani are in drums section. Why no news about Mr Purushothaman. Has he attempted to do any stage shows?

Oldposts
Please check www.sivamani.com

Oldposts
Well as far as I can say, we cannot compare Mr. Puru Sir ( Purushotaman ) with Shiva. I haven't seen anybody who can do drum sequencin and drum samplin like Mr. Puru Sir. Story like Puru Sir
cud not play a roll and Shiva played it for Punnagai Mannan and all is crap. I spoke with Mr.
Puru on this and he says it's not true. Mr. Puru is the right hand for IR and not one recordin goes without him. On the other hand Mr. Shivamani is a very good drummer / percussionist
for stage playin ( and to an extent for some recordings which need acoustic playin. ) Puru is
Puru and no one can equal him in any manner. His
Western knowledge and his capability of Quantization of beats and rudiments is inexplicable. Sorry, if I have hurt any Shiva's
ardent fans.

Oldposts
what ever i love sivamani is the best i love him
is my guru no body can ply the drum speed on left
hand he is a ultimate

Oldposts
"what ever i love sivamani is the best i love him
is my guru no body can ply the drum speed on left
hand he is a ultimate"

u don't have to pay for airtime to post in this forum....u can have full stop, comma, take a pause between ur sentences....we don't charge by space used...

Oldposts
does anyone know if there are CDs with Sivamani's work?

Oldposts
Siva is the Best and The Best of All.

Oldposts
who playes the drums in "Kalaignan"
<a name="last"></a>