PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination against North Indians by South Indians

sivaram ram
4th April 2007, 08:44 PM
Countries outside India like Singapore and Malaysia where Tamil being an official Indian official language, the ethnic Tamil or the Indians in General play a good role in both good and bad in both countries, be it being a white collar or blue collar or gangsterism, but they tend to have a view of bias treatment to only South Indians as mainly Indians, Telugu ,Malayalee, Tamil have a good brotherhood coorperation amongst them, but when it comes to north Indians, they dont consider them as Indians but treat them like dirt , like an outsider, esp in Malaysia, all north Indians are sarcatically address as "Vangaali" oi vangaali" ei vangaali" or Bangla or adress as "Ghee Boi and such....

Why show such hatred and discrimination on them, arent we brothers, even before making a handshake, a Singaporean Indian will ask, "can speak Tamil"?
If mentioned i am a Hindustani or North Indian, they"ll immediately say, "oh no Bangla" nei , chapatti.....

Y is this so ?

crazy
4th April 2007, 08:45 PM
another hot topic!

Thamizhatchi
4th April 2007, 11:41 PM
Hi Ram,
Discrimination is not between, north and south Indians, but between the majority and minority. And this is not just in Singapore or Malaysia. Its everywhere.

"Y is this So ?"
Well, unity is strength. You, I and many others understand this but there are few who do not give a damn about such things.

If we want to change something, we have to become one who can adopt the change first.

So, if we can be indiscriminate, so will our generations be!

Anoushka
5th April 2007, 02:45 AM
ethukku ithukku reNdu reNdu thread?

can it not be continued in
http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=9289&start=225

madhu
5th April 2007, 07:29 AM
idhu Pattukku Pattu thread maadhiriya ? :confused2:

mgb
5th April 2007, 09:38 AM
:notthatway: ekeb thread maadhiri :exactly:

smith
5th April 2007, 04:37 PM
sivaram,

U sow what U reap. In India, in the north, south indians are derisively called "madrasis" by norties. They make fun of southies hindi accent.

It is happening in a country like India where we pride on "unity in diversity".

what do U say to that?

Raghu
5th April 2007, 04:50 PM
aha aarambichutangapa aarambichitunga

Anoushka
5th April 2007, 05:12 PM
Sivaram enga pOi enna thread thondanginaalum anga digression thaana? :lol:

unhappyboy
5th April 2007, 05:35 PM
sivaram,

U sow what U reap. In India, in the north, south indians are derisively called "madrasis" by norties. They make fun of southies hindi accent.

It is happening in a country like India where we pride on "unity in diversity".

what do U say to that?

I am not sure of this, because at the moment I am living in Delhi, and not even one person has been rude. And I've encountered hundreds. Besides, I can't speak a word of Hindi, and despite that, Northies are trying to help me in whatever way they can. I guess there are a few bad apples in every community, and ours is no exception. Let's leave it at that.

dsath
5th April 2007, 06:00 PM
I am not sure of this, because at the moment I am living in Delhi, and not even one person has been rude. And I've encountered hundreds. Besides, I can't speak a word of Hindi, and despite that, Northies are trying to help me in whatever way they can. I guess there are a few bad apples in every community, and ours is no exception. Let's leave it at that.
Is this the same person who posted the below a while ago. :roll:

The man's over 40, he isn't a kid. He should know (and show) some basic courtesy. The central point of the thread, however, is the attitude of Northies, who cry and complain about racism in the west, but practice it on their own back home. :twisted: Now that's hypocritical.

Anoushka
5th April 2007, 07:34 PM
dsath: Romba confuse aagatheenga :lol: that was in Northies hate southies thread... athula appadi thaan post paNNaNum... ithu southies hate northies thread... ithula ippadi thaan post paNNaNum :rotfl:

now I understand why there are two threads! :lol:

PS: sorry dsath for turning this into a joke.... innaikku naan hub-la adichirukka looti-ku aLavE illai :)

dsath
5th April 2007, 08:14 PM
dsath: Romba confuse aagatheenga :lol: that was in Northies hate southies thread... athula appadi thaan post paNNaNum... ithu southies hate northies thread... ithula ippadi thaan post paNNaNum :rotfl:

PS: sorry dsath for turning this into a joke.... innaikku naan hub-la adichirukka looti-ku aLavE illai :)
:lol: Neenga kalakunge Anou. Good laugh before the Easter break. Have a great weekend Anou :wave:

Anoushka
5th April 2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks dsath :wave: have good long weekend! :)

Raghu
5th April 2007, 08:45 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ksen
5th April 2007, 08:55 PM
start pannina udanE joke thread aayiduchE :D

thamiz
5th April 2007, 10:51 PM

The man's over 40, he isn't a kid. He should know (and show) some basic courtesy. The central point of the thread, however, is the attitude of Northies, who cry and complain about racism in the west, but practice it on their own back home. :twisted: Now that's hypocritical.

I wonder whether unhappyboy is hacked by someone else! I cant believe he is so inconsistent! :lol:

unhappyboy
5th April 2007, 11:23 PM

I wonder whether unhappyboy is hacked by someone else! I cant believe he is so inconsistent! :lol:

There is no contradiction here. Northies who make fun of SIs are hypocrites, because they also complain of racism in the west. Agreed. But then, SIs are guilty of hypocrisy too, if they put someone through the same pain they've once tasted. Like I said, there are bad apples in every community. :)

thamiz
6th April 2007, 08:16 AM
There is no contradiction here. Northies who make fun of SIs are hypocrites, because they also complain of racism in the west. Agreed. But then, SIs are guilty of hypocrisy too, if they put someone through the same pain they've once tasted. :)

Yeah, right!

I am glad you have not been hacked! :lol:

Like I said, there are bad apples in every community.

Like you and me in our own communities! :rotfl:

mgb
6th April 2007, 11:50 AM
Unhappyboy: I am happy to hear this from you :) may be your stay at noida has helped you understand things in the correct perspective.. our initial opinions are formed based on hearsay and our own perceptions.. when we ourselves experience it then our opinions change :) i am glad you did :thumbsup:
I have stayed in Gujarat for 3 years and now in Punjab for the last 2 years. There is a huge difference between what was my perception and reality :) We are well respected.. even better than their own people :)
Infact i have travelled most of the north indian cities.. except in pune and in some pockets of delhi, i havent faced any linguistic extremists in other cities...

Thamizhatchi
10th April 2007, 01:38 AM

Good catch dsath!! :lol:

maithree
11th April 2007, 12:45 AM

There is no contradiction here. Northies who make fun of SIs are hypocrites, because they also complain of racism in the west. Agreed. But then, SIs are guilty of hypocrisy too, if they put someone through the same pain they've once tasted. Like I said, there are bad apples in every community. :)

Ur right on this one Unhappyboy. 8-) Thanks for explaining ur point. :)

maithree
11th April 2007, 12:46 AM
Unhappyboy: I am happy to hear this from you :) may be your stay at noida has helped you understand things in the correct perspective.. our initial opinions are formed based on hearsay and our own perceptions.. when we ourselves experience it then our opinions change :) i am glad you did :thumbsup:
I have stayed in Gujarat for 3 years and now in Punjab for the last 2 years. There is a huge difference between what was my perception and reality :) We are well respected.. even better than their own people :)
Infact i have travelled most of the north indian cities.. except in pune and in some pockets of delhi, i havent faced any linguistic extremists in other cities...

:D 8-)

Avatar kooda kalakals MGB! :thumbsup: