PDA

View Full Version : ||Rajinikanth+shankar->Athiradee|| The music of Shivaji

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

kb
22nd May 2007, 09:32 PM
thanks vignesh.. remba naala shivaji ketkaama irrudaen.
neenga sonnavudane.. sahara ketaen.. it forced to listen to all songs in shivaji.. and its still fresh :D :D

shobana_in
22nd May 2007, 09:51 PM
arr being influenced by ir is ok

thineshan54321
23rd May 2007, 01:37 AM
ARR knows how not to be under someone else's influence. If he was influenced by IR, we wouldnt have gotten Roja, rather prolly an album just like IR's composed by a different composer. However, I am not saying ARR was never inspired by IR. Even now he prolly is being inspired, this isnt the same as influenced. There is a difference. You wanna know about influence? Listen to HJ's songs and u will know what being influenced is.

Chelian
23rd May 2007, 08:54 AM
Being a HCIR fan I dont think any of Sivaji's songs are inspired from IR's songs.
In my opinion the structure of Athiradee song is similar to IR's style of composition ; but definitely no inspiration anywhre.

MusicIsLife
23rd May 2007, 05:24 PM
chelian,
kind-a agree with you.

SoftSword
23rd May 2007, 05:53 PM
Being a HCIR fan I dont think any of Sivaji's songs are inspired from IR's songs.
In my opinion the structure of Athiradee song is similar to IR's style of composition ; but definitely no inspiration anywhre.

sorry.. could not figure out what you term by the word structure... can you please explain...?

Yathu
24th May 2007, 01:19 AM

sorry.. could not figure out what you term by the word structure... can you please explain...?

Yeah me too.... :confused2:

july
30th May 2007, 04:50 AM
Sivaji Exclusive Trailer from CNN-IBN

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/41628/exclusive-trailer-rajni-in-sivaji.html

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAnTSvywGjc (Youtube version)

Enjoy!

i dunno whether its final version or just for TV Pomo version..
anyway just watch it, atleast we can and enjoy a bit.. :P

vnkatkumar
30th May 2007, 07:43 AM
Saw that yesterday on CNN-IBN was real cool, can't wait to see the full length trailer in the theaters on june1st.

Hulkster
30th May 2007, 08:01 AM
Its May 31st pa :D

dinesh2002
30th May 2007, 08:51 AM
[tscii:fd418f9f5f]Rahman Album Pleases Rajni Fans
By IANS
May 29, 2007, 10:46

Printer friendly page

Not a single audio has been released in the past few weeks - all because of the uncertainty concerning the release of 'Sivaji'. So, the 'Sivaji' album, by A.R. Rahman, still rules the charts.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. 'Sivaji' - Music Director: A.R. Rahman. If Rajnikant fans prefer the 'Balleilaka' and 'Vaaji vaaji' songs, music lovers prefer the melody, 'Sahara pookal' which is crooned beautifully by Vijay Yesudas and Gomathishree.

2. 'Unnale Unnale' - Music Director: Harris Jayaraj. The composer delivers one more hit. The favourite of the album is 'June ponna' sung by Krish and Arun.

3. 'Mozhi' - Music Director: Vidyasagar. 'Mozhi' is undoubtedly the best album of 2007.

4. 'Chennai 600028' - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. 'Saroja saman nikalo' by Shankar Mahadevan and 'Prem Gi Amaren' are a rage among the youth.

5. 'Naan Avan Illai' - Music Director: Vijay Antony. The song 'Ean Enakku' sung by Jayadev and Sangeetha Rajeswaran is there in all the FM channels - a hot song from the not-so-hot album.

© Copyright 2007 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/4112/

* Funny reviews ....... :roll: [/tscii:fd418f9f5f]

Ramakrishna
30th May 2007, 01:38 PM
Here u go for the full Sivaji trailer of length 2:40mins, it has more scenes than the one shown in CNN-IBN. U need to login

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/trailers/videoclipping/tamil/default.asp?name=sivaji&listname=Sivajiplaylist#

Ramakrishna
30th May 2007, 01:51 PM
Here u go for the full Sivaji trailer of length 2:40mins, it has more scenes than the one shown in CNN-IBN. U need to login

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/trailers/videoclipping/tamil/default.asp?name=sivaji&listname=Sivajiplaylist#

Username - jagadishsivaji
password - lifesucks

Ramakrishna
30th May 2007, 01:51 PM
BGM is good :)

july
30th May 2007, 06:20 PM
i'm sure there will be another trailor which featuring songs..
coz same thing happen for Anniyan..
and yes...BGM is good..wondering wht else Arr done in Re-Recording...
gosh..lot of suprises waiting in Sivaji...

thineshan54321
30th May 2007, 06:42 PM
musicindiaonline is the worst site ever. "Sivaji still rules the charts for like 10 weeks now but mozhi is the number one album of 2007." :lol: On December 1st, "Sivaji is still at number one place but mozhi is right behind it, it will catch up by December 31st and it will be the number one album of 2007." What else is new??? :lol:

Guess_Me
30th May 2007, 07:07 PM
Sivaji 2.5 minutes theatrical trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbtJc-4Dk54

Looks nice, but does remind me of Mudhalvan

rayan36
30th May 2007, 07:40 PM
nothing much can be said about the trailer, except for RK's excellent young looks 'n Shankars' lavish 'n vibrant sets

vigneshram
30th May 2007, 07:51 PM
Sivaji Trailer
Wow! Cool! Awesome!...

Check it out at http://vigneshram.com or
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

SoftSword
30th May 2007, 08:39 PM
[tscii:1fede4d921]AR Rahman, on Sivaji and sisters

Arthur J Pais in New York

Related Articles
• Music Review: Rahman pleases Rajni fans

• The Sivaji special section

• Special: Designing Sivaji

Top Emailed Features

• Aishwarya, Abhishek arrive in Cannes
• Shootout: Very pakao
• Photo: Preity goes to Cannes

Tell us
• Ask a question

Advertisements
• Update your collection
• Make ur passion ur profession
• Bloom into a STAR

Get Movies updates: What's this?

Advertisement

5Rediff P4C Classifieds

May 30, 2007 13:50 IST
Last Updated: May 30, 2007 17:02 IST

After recording one of the most important songs for Sivaji, the Rajnikanth-produced Tamil film, composer AR Rahman invited the director of the film Shankar to listen to it. Shankar, who has worked with Rahman on several films, could of course instantly recognise veteran singer SP Balasubrahmanyam (SPB) in the song Balleilakka.. "But who is the female singer?" he asked.

"He thought I was joking when I told him it is Rehana," says Rahman with a chuckle. Rahana is Rahman's older sister. "She has performed with me in my concerts," he adds."She has sung part of the song Chaiyya, Chaiiya in the concerts but this time she was singing for a film, and that too a very big film, and we all knew the song would be one of the biggest hits on the album. And yet I did not want to take anything for granted. I think I took upon myself a challenge and see if my sister could sing well for a big budget film."

"But it took me 17 years of my profession to give my own sister a break," he says, with a small sigh. "People don't understand how mysteriously things work out in the film indstury. Many young people who send me tapes with their voices are disappointed that they do not hear from me at all. It is not easy to convince me. I am most critical with my own voice. You know that Tera Bina song in Guru was not originally sung by me. It was only at the insistence of Mani sir (director Mani Ratnam) I recorded it in my own voice."

Even with Rehana he was not sure even as she was practicing the song that he should retain her voice. "After three horus of singing, suddenly her voice sounded very different and beautiful," he reveals. "Only then did I decide to retain her voice."

The Sivaji album has some of the finest singers, new and old. The list includes SPB, Hariharan, Udit Narayan, Madhushree -- and then there is Chinamyee whose song in the film Guru enhanced her popularity. Rahman himself sings one of the most singificant numbers in the film, Athiradee, nearly six mintues long.

Many of the singers featured in the film including Hariharan, Madhushree, Rehana, Blaaze, Naresh Iyer and Vijay Yesudas will be coming to USA and Canada with Rahman for a concert next month. In New York the concert will be held at Nassau Coliseum on June 16. Chitra, Sadhana Sargam and Sukhvinder will also be joining the concert, expected to be the biggest desi musical event of the year 2007.

"We will be performing at least two songs from Sivaji, apart from my recent Hindi and Tamil hits including Guru and Rang De Basanti [Images]" says Rahman who is performing in the US and Canada after 3 years.

What was it like composing music for Sivaji?

"It was a very special feeling," Rahman said. "The expectations were very high, since Rajni, Shankar and I were working together. And this being a very big budget film, there was little room for a flexible recording schedule. Though we recorded a different version of the same song, and ended up retaining both versions in the film, it was still a very tight schedule."

"With some of the directors I have worked the schedule has always been tight, and I like it," Rahman says. "Even then, there are a few last minute decisions. For instance, the theme song of Guru (sung by Rahman and Chitra) was thought of just two weeks before the film's release. There was no such thing with Sivaji."

In the past, for some reason the songs in a Rajnikanth film have taken time to become big hits, the composer says. "In some cases, it is only after a month of the album's release have the songs become hits," he adds. "But here from Day 1 there has been a tremendous demand for the music."

In the case of Guru, he says, the song Tere Bina became an instant hit, followed by several other songs in the course of next two or three weeks.

But with Sivaji, there were three instant hits a few hours of the CDs release.

Apart from Balleilakka, there was the song Vaaji Vaaji, sung by Hariharan and Madhushree, and Rahman's own number. Also a big hit is Sahara.

"I have said many times how Madhushree has been evolving as a singer," he continues. "The Vaaji Vaaji song is another example of her growing status. We had to work for several hours on her Tamil rendition, but in the final reckoning I am very happy with her work."

Hariharan, along with SPB, has been associated with Rahman in many interesting films. Some of Hariharan's best work is found in Rahman's compositions in Bombay and Guru (Ye Hairathe).

"He is very different from most singers I have known," Rahman says of Hariharan. "The more you push him, the more inspired he becomes. Most other singers are content singing a song and go away. But Hariharan likes to be challenged.'

There are stories in Indian publications that Rahman was paid Rs 3 crores for Sivaji. The composer is not commenting on the fee. But he says right from his early years, what mattered him most while composing was the situation, and how enthusasiatic a director is about music.

"I don't like the idea of a director thinking, OK, we have Rahman and we expect him to come up with good music. Composing a good score is partnership with many people including the director, lyricist, and singer." The budget of a film or the remuneration he receives has no real bearing on the final product. "Around the time I was working on big budget films, I was also composing music for relatively smaller films such as Meenaxi made by MF Hussain." He had been told the film had no commercial prospects. "But I thought it was an interesting subject, and I was also excited that I was working with one of the greatest artsists India has produced."

Many of the tunes in Sivaji were finalised when Rahman was touring Australia or composing the music for Golden Age, Shekar Kapur's sequel to Elizabeth, in London.

"One of the interesting developments in this film's music is the way the two versions of the same song came about," Rahman continues. The song Sahara was recorded in the voices of Vijay Yesudas, son of the veteran singer and Gomathishree, daughter of Rahman's guru Dakhshinamurthi Swamigal.

"Gomathi is not just a film singer but she has an interesting voice," says Rahman. "I have plans to compose a few songs for her for a non-film album I want to produce ."

When director Shankar heard the song Sahara he liked it to some extent, but he wanted a faster moving version. That version, called Sahana, was sung by Udit Narayan and Chinmayee.

"But then we still thought the Vijay and Gomathi version had its own beauty," he adds. "Shankar decided to keep it in the film but as a background song." One guess is that it will be used in the film, similar to Yeh Hairathe in Guru.

The songs of Sivaji have become chartbusters in all the four southern states, particularly in Andhra Pradesh where the Telugu version of the sondtrack has become a must-have. According to industry insiders, over 500,000 CDs and cassettes were released and sold within a week. The Sivaji music is also huge in Malaysia and Singapore, which have a significant Tamil population.

The film also has an elaborate background score and composing it and recording it was a severe challenge to Rahman for he was also working in London on the music of Golden Age at the same time.

"I just could not go to India and spend many days recording the music for Sivaji," he says. So he asked the producer (AVM Pictures) if the music could be recorded in Prague, Czech Republic (where he has recorded many songs including one or two numbers in Meenaxi), and in London.

'Not a big deal,' the AVM honchos told Rahman, adding that it was all right if the budget went up. They were going to be very happy to have a superior score.

"You hear a good range of music," he says. He has used the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra and the choral singers in the country's capital.

"I don't want to give many details but in my book, the score is as important as the songs in the film."

behindwoods...[/tscii:1fede4d921]

MusicIsLife
31st May 2007, 09:02 AM
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/41628/exclusive-first-look-rajni-in-sivaji.html

thineshan54321
2nd June 2007, 11:46 PM
any news on the number of CDs&Cassettes sold overall in the world for sivaji?

balaji
4th June 2007, 01:35 AM
"Sahana.." nalla Menmai.

Anbal "engayo Ketta Paadal Pol Ulladhu"

Is it Malayil Yaro + some old Hindi Song. Any one feel the same?

Bala

A.ANAND
4th June 2007, 06:55 AM
"Sahana.." nalla Menmai.

Anbal "engayo Ketta Paadal Pol Ulladhu"

Is it Malayil Yaro + some old Hindi Song. Any one feel the same?

Bala'thanniya' pottu ollaringgalo??? :lol: audio relesae agi 3 masam agiyum innum unnga pulichi pona comparision mudiyalaya???ithaye innum ethana naalukku-ya solluvinnga :banghead: june15 movie release,poi nimmathiya enjoy pannunga bala sir :cool2:

vnkatkumar
4th June 2007, 07:17 AM
Bala, i think there is something fundamentally wrong with the way you appreciate music.If this is how you appreciate it then you are missing out on the ethereal quality of a composition.Thaniya pottu laelunga sir, paatai thaniya rasinga.ippadiyellam yosikarathai paarthal yeththo yevannukkum music poda theriyaath mathiryum yellaarum uttkaarnthu mix and match pannura maththiri irukku.

cinema_rasikan
4th June 2007, 11:29 AM
http://behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-1/sivaji-mottai/sivaji-01.html

SIVAJI - THE 'MOTTAI' BOSS

http://behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-1/sivaji-mottai/sivaji-01.jpg

july
4th June 2007, 05:32 PM
http://behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-1/sivaji-mottai/sivaji-01.html

SIVAJI - THE 'MOTTAI' BOSS

http://behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-1/sivaji-mottai/sivaji-01.jpg

goka maka...3rd picture simply rocking...
athu rajini ah ? :lol:

rayan36
4th June 2007, 05:47 PM
Is the modhai pictures anyhow associated with the song STYLE, 'cause that will be real cool 8-)

rayan36
4th June 2007, 05:54 PM
[tscii:bf6c7b83be]Rajnikanth in 13 different costumes for a song

IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 04, 2007]

“The 'Super Star' appears in different costumes for the song sequences. What more, Rajni also gets to figure in three different get ups”, says Shankar of Sivaji and its irresistible hero.

Normally, it is Kamal’s movies that are talked of for its costumes and make–ups. But Rajni in Sivaji seems to have spared no effort in looking different.

Speaking about the film, Shankar says, “Rajni was highly impressed with the movie after he dubbed for it. He expressed his confidence that it would go on to become a huge hit”.

Dwelling further Shankar says, “All credit should be given to the entire crew who gave their best for the movie. Quite typical to my earlier movies, there is grandeur written all over it”.

Asked about his next venture, Shankar says, “I might announce my next in a couple of months, until then all my focus would be on Sivaji”.

Shankar says,”In future I might try my hand on a low-budget movie which would be completed in lesser number of days”.

In what song that might be :?: [/tscii:bf6c7b83be]

Yathu
4th June 2007, 05:58 PM
Is the modhai pictures anyhow associated with the song STYLE, 'cause that will be real cool 8-)

I think it'll be the look for the climax of the movie.

I think the style song is just Rajni with blonde hair (when he appears white) and dreadlocks (when he appears black).

rayan36
4th June 2007, 06:02 PM
Ohh yeah, anyway what will the bgm like :shock: WOW :shock:

MusicIsLife
4th June 2007, 07:05 PM
looks like shankar will use the matrix frame shots in Sivaji too.. but I will be surely watching the movie in NJ on 16th!!.

thineshan54321
5th June 2007, 04:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWkiN1aZp8
courtesy Ramakrishna

thineshan54321
5th June 2007, 05:02 AM
and sahana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OLXdEfZ6k&NR=1

SoftSword
6th June 2007, 12:19 PM
[tscii:d7496a2319][/tscii:d7496a2319]For the first time, Shankar speaks on A.R Rahman, music of `Sivaji`,and about the technicians who assisted him.

A.R Rahman , and the music of `Sivaji`.

Tell us about A.R Rahman and why your combination with him has always produced chartbusters? What is your favourite album from the films you have done?
Rahman and me go back a long way, as we almost started our career together. 8 out of my 9 films have music by him. We have perfect understanding and rapport with each other .He understands my need and the tune the moment I explain to him the situation, and he will go on giving me new tunes if I’m not happy with the earlier one. And like me he tries experiment and always tries his best to come out with something fresh. My favourite is Kathalan and Jeans, though it looks like Sivaji will become our favourite!

How would you rate Sivaji music?
Even before the release, Sivaji songs have reached a new milestone, as Tamil and Telugu audio is rumoured to have sold more than any other film in south. When we met to discuss initially on the music, I told Rahman that I need extraordinary, out-of-the- world tunes, as expectations were very high with Rajni- Rahman- Shankar combination coming together for the first time. Rahman just smiled and over the months in spite of his busy international schedule he found time to do Sivaji and has churned out outstanding music.

Let us talk about the five songs in the film

Balellikka….

It is the first song in the film and shot in and around Wai a scenic village near Pune. It is a folk song sung by SPB and Rehana, Rahman's sister whose voice sounds different and appealing. Na.Muthukumar has written some meaningful lyrics which fits into my narration as the hero is coming home from abroad and he is overcome with nostalgia about the village he grew up.

Style….

My favourite number in the film! It was a challenge to do the song as it is entirely done in CG, and there were no gimmicks. We created a new software for it and let me tell you that I’m not boasting…. I don't think anybody has done a full length song in CG. `Indian Artist` did a good job, Pa Vijay's lyrics and Rahman's tunes were perfect. The CG work alone took nearly a year, and I’m sure after the film releases it will be the hit number!

Sahana….

Lot of my friends, say that this is their favourite. Everybody likes it as it is a melody; Rahman has made a sad and happy version. It is a dream song, in which Vairamuthu talks about seasons, so I asked Thotta Tharani the art director to create a Swarovski style glittering glass dome set depicting four seasons at Ramoji Rao studio and he did a wonderful job. It is going to be a major highlight of the film.

Vaaji…..

A lot of unit members say it is going to be the favourite song in the film. It is a fantasy song and the first we shot for the film. Neeta Lulla has done the costumes for this song, while the other four are done by Manish Malhotra . Rajni and Shriya come as a king and queen with over 100 dancers in the background and a Babylonian type palace designed by Thotta.

Athiradee….

It is a very exciting song and picturised in a very stylish way. We have used some CG for it. I’m told that the song has become very popular in discos in Mumbai and Delhi where Rahman who has sung the song has an audience.

Background Score

We took weeks over it, to compose the theme music and did the entire background score in Prague, where Rahman was familiar with. The background score of Sivaji itself can be made into an album, its fantastic.

On K.V Anand, the cinematographer

You have worked with the best cameramen in the business like Ravi.K.Chandran, Jeeva, Ravi Varman. What is your opinion about K.V Anand, Sivaji cameraman?
As good as the best, in the business. I have worked with him in Muthalvan and Naayak, and there is good understanding between us. In Sivaji his work is super, especially the song sequences his lighting is out of the world.

On Thotta Tarani, the art director

I have worked in a lot of films with him, here in Sivaji he has excelled in sets designing.

On Peter Haynes, the action choreographer.

Brilliant, he has exceeded my expectations. There are four action sequences in the film and the highlight is this car action fight in a open- air- drive in theatre. It was a huge set designed by Thotta and Anand lighted up with helium lights. We took nearly 20 days to shoot this scene which is just 3 minutes in the film. My hero and heroine are watching a film in an open air theatre, and the bad guys come and crash their cars. The car fight scenes have been choreographed in a thrilling fashion by Peter. Please note, there is no blood or gore in the film.

Finally… Will Sivaji be a hit?

(Smiles) No doubt about it. The film is going to be a blockbuster, as there will be repeat audience for the film.

What is the length of the film?
Sivaji's running time is 3 hours and 5 minutes( 3+5=8 !)

ajaybaskar
6th June 2007, 03:58 PM
HQ Version of Sivaji trailor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTyp1LzycOE

[html:4a3e50cc76]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbtJc-4Dk54"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbtJc-4Dk54" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/html:4a3e50cc76]

(Edit: video inlined - RR)

thineshan54321
7th June 2007, 12:46 AM
Softsword, thanks for posting that amazing bit of news. i am actually really excited after reading this. I knew there was going to be something special about syle. Great!

rayan36
8th June 2007, 07:03 PM
Sivaji: Counters set for opening
IndiaGlitz [Friday, June 08, 2007]

It is just a week left for the release of Sivaji. Eager fans of Rajnikanth are ready to book their tickets in advance with advance ticket booking commencing this Sunday.

Interestingly, the mega movie which has been granted tax exemption in Tamil Nadu, will release in Kerala with a maximum number of prints. Also in the neighboring State the movie would enjoy tax exemption.

Malayalam movies enjoy 35 per cent tax exemption. However Sivaji's distributor Johnny Sagarika won a legal battle claiming tax exemption for a Tamil film (Sivaji) in Kerala.

Following his petition, a court in Kerala granted a 10 per cent entertainment tax exemption on the movie.

Whrn is Malaysian theater counter opens, anybody ???

Vaz
9th June 2007, 08:23 PM
Anybody gonna watch the movie in Paris? If yes any information on where to book tickets?

MusicIsLife
11th June 2007, 09:11 AM
http://www.chennai365.com/

Does nebody know about this site. i was searching for Sivaji USA tkts in NJ (if ppl know abt it, please let me know). Again, i found some informational site in www.sivajiusa.com, but this one is cool with the new stills. RK is awesome, Nayantra is in the movie!! did not know.. cool though.

anoops
11th June 2007, 11:30 AM
RK is awesome, Nayantra is in the movie!! did not know.. cool though.

she is there as an item girl for the balleilakka song!!

kokarako
12th June 2007, 04:05 PM
Here is a slideshow of 215 images:
http://www.divshare.com/slideshow/919336-daa

Guess_Me
12th June 2007, 04:10 PM
New 1 minute long clip showing some song sequences and stunts

http://www.file27.com/id297/sivaji_compilation.wmv

july
12th June 2007, 05:23 PM
New 1 minute long clip showing some song sequences and stunts

http://www.file27.com/id297/sivaji_compilation.wmv

damn damn damn..
why i always get > Sorry, you have provided an invalid security code < even have put the right one for atleast 20 time..
oh god.. :twisted:

sloshed
13th June 2007, 08:07 AM
Back after a long hiatus... becos of shivaji....
my friend who had a chance to have attend the special preview has this to say ....

SHIVAJI ---- THE BOSSS REVIEW

The repertoire of movies to his name doesn't make anyone doubt Shankar's mastery over the craft.

But his genius lies in dishing out exact doses of the dreamworld that the Indian audience at a particular juncture in the country's development can lap up.

Without great variation in the central thread, Shankar created blockbusters with the same thread carefully disguised in brilliant packaging starting with disgruntled youth at the commercialization of education in Gentleman, through "angry old man" of Indian against "babu-dom" and upright TV journalist of Mudhalvan throwing a theatrical challenge to the highest echelons of power and most recently the psychotic rage of suppressed middle class writhing in Anniyan.

The briefly mentioned comparison of India's lopsided and bits-and-pieces model of growth compared to South East Asia and Japan in Anniyan is what seems to have finally blossomed into Shankar's creation of the character of Sivaji. And one can confidently say that a package so supreme for the same message with slightly different emphasis has never been seen in Indian cinema.

With Rajnikanth playing the title role, the character stays more important than the movie through out. In run up interviews towards the release Shankar kept reiterating a "message" in Sivaji. Well, there definitely is a message, but a twin-edged one. Whilst emphasizing on the mantra of education as the panacea for the growing economic disparity of India's population, with the necessary frills of kicking some corrupt asses, Shankar makes Sivaji the larger than life, Dravidian version of Shahrukh Khan's character from Swades - not hairless, not chocolate-y.
Swades was based on a true story of an NRI AIDing the construction of a dam for a village, Sivaji goes on to overhaul an entire village stumping with his superstar flair the greedy developers and quintessential political whackos (no connection with Vaiko :-) Meritocracy is Shankar's new mantra.
With strategy and action proceeding with unrelenting momentum in the second half, the first half rocks with the comedy duo of Rajni-Vivek laying bare the travails of a wealthy NRI bachelor with a dotting mom trying to find a suitable, traditional bride.

Rajnikanth might be a politician in the making, generous social servant, reigning "boss" of south Indian cinema but first and foremost he is a trained actor and a director's one at that. The hallmark of Shankar's heroes have been their understated dignity, poise and simplicity which are in stark contrast to anything we have seen from Rajnikanth hitherto. As Sivaji, the superstardom takes a backseat for majority of the first half. This unexpected discipline in turn contrasts and sets apart the most explosive and flamboyant song picturizations seen on the silver screen with which Shankar treats that die hard Thalaivar fan. There is no other star in the world who can carry himself off in the costumes and to the beats featured in Sivaji. I wouldn't be surprised if rappers from east coast and west coast came knocking to Shankar's door for future music videos.

With a beautifully engineered screenplay Shankar introduces characters and events with an ever ascending tempo. And there is more engineering going on the film in the form of software that has created arguably the most seamless special effects witnessed by Indian cinema. For those who were impressed with the Matrix style fight in Anniyan and the road taring effect presented in the trailer, Peter Heins has choreographed a sequence that showcases the superstar's most flexible and active attribute, his face, in an elaborate action sequence.

Rajnikanth is the king of screen presence and Shankar has scripted screens, brought to life by K.V.Anand, Thottatharani and bunch of software engineers who make all the previous directors of Rajni movies look like slackers. Same goes for anyone who has visualized the songs of A.R.Rahman. "Sahana" song takes the cake in fluid visuals while "Style" thrills with blazing camera work and graphics.

The expected fall out of such massive scales being that someone of Shreya's caliber gets totally dwarfed till Shankar puts her out of her misery before it becomes too late. Suman is a revelation in the second half of the movie. Almost continuously handicapped by the use of dark shades over his eyes, with voice modulation and cheek muscle twitches alone, Suman brings to life the perfect villain whom the audience can vehemently detest and the hero can mercilessly pursue with brain and brawn.

For those accustomed to shorter Hollywood movies lately, sitting through three hour long melodramas from Bollywood had become an ordeal. But one is never made aware of the little over two and a half hours running time of Sivaji. The fresh editing perspective that came to South Indian cinema with the name Anthony to which we were treated in "4 the people", "Kaakha Kaakha" once again leaves its signature in the overall slickness of Sivaji. The superior quality of filming technology used makes one awe struck by the perfection of make up that has transformed the familiar aged look of Rajnikanth into the youthful and distinguished gentleman looks he struts in the movie. Rajni's punchlines and roars have never reverberated like this before.

Sivaji is definitely a learning experience for students of Indian cinema. If Hum Aapke Hain Kaun was studied in schools of cinema to understand how 16 songs can be included in a movie, Sivaji will be studied for how a regional language film, banking mostly on the popularity of its lead performer, can be delivered with such stunning technical quality. The previously mentioned cinema was a great example of shoddy set-pieces and never rising above the status of a drama being filmed.
Sivaji is without question the greatest achievement of Indian cinema. It is a mass entertainer that blends beautifully the richness of technology with triteness of storyline and crassness of heroics, mixing the philosophical with the trivial, youthful energy with apparent depth and the latest fads with the long standing notions.

"Pera Ketta chumma Athiru thille!!!"

A.ANAND
13th June 2007, 09:08 AM
this review :roll: andavanukke velicham!!!! :roll: :roll:

dinesh2002
13th June 2007, 09:38 AM
rather than calling it a review,it could be said as a SNEAK preview.... :roll: ..

shoaib_rus
13th June 2007, 09:47 AM
i got the ticket for tomorrow show 9pm first show first day

when i went to reserve the ticket this morning there is long que in singapore @ 10am its unbelivale already first 3 days sold out.
luckily i got the last ticket for the first day wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cant wait

godfather8888
13th June 2007, 11:49 AM
inge ticket ekka-chakkam,no problem (i mean cineleisure damansara)..i got 6 tickets for thursday midnite(friday 12.40 am) show..

anoops
14th June 2007, 07:03 AM
i got the ticket for tomorrow show 9pm first show first day

when i went to reserve the ticket this morning there is long que in singapore @ 10am its unbelivale already first 3 days sold out.
luckily i got the last ticket for the first day wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cant wait

Join the club, catch you at the theatre tonight :P

shoaib_rus
14th June 2007, 09:12 AM
count down 9hR to go to watch thalivar movie

im preparing for big celebration....................................... .....cant wait

im the first person will enter the theater. today 9pm show at singapore plaza theater. we r the first one to watch sivaji here

ajaybaskar
14th June 2007, 09:59 AM
After watching the movie, post a review on the movie and BGM ASAP..

narcot
14th June 2007, 01:35 PM
It does not look like the reviewer had seen the movie. Has just put things together from Shankar's interviews, names of technical crew and written a sneak preview to generate buzz

A.ANAND
14th June 2007, 04:46 PM
It does not look like the reviewer had seen the movie. Has just put things together from Shankar's interviews, names of technical crew and written a sneak preview to generate buzzsariya sonningga mr.narcot !!!ennakum antha santhagam irunthathu...ippa clear achu!because intha sloshed harris fan.athanala pora pokkila chumma oru bit podararu pola :poke:

ajaybaskar
14th June 2007, 05:26 PM
Harrisku fana? :omg:

dinesh2002
14th June 2007, 05:48 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: u have no idea.... check out mr.chocolate boy :lol: :lol:

ajaybaskar
14th June 2007, 06:01 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: u have no idea.... check out mr.chocolate boy :lol: :lol:

Chocolate boya? Cadbury boya?

Vaz
14th June 2007, 06:02 PM
[tscii:54c8fd73da]Ajaybaskar...

It did the same thing to me when I learnt that Harris had fans. But technically speaking, he has no direct fans and he cannot, as most of his songs are inspired by some other composer’s work. And it means that they are actually fans of ARR and other English groups …

Hail ARR!!![/tscii:54c8fd73da]

ajaybaskar
14th June 2007, 06:08 PM
[tscii:78da72156b]Ajaybaskar...

It did the same thing to me when I learnt that Harris had fans. But technically speaking, he has no direct fans and he cannot, as most of his songs are inspired by some other composer’s work. And it means that they are actually fans of ARR and other English groups …

Hail ARR!!![/tscii:78da72156b]

Well said, buddy..

ARR and MJ have mentored HJ indirectly.. :lol:

SoftSword
14th June 2007, 07:12 PM
Guys...
we cant rule out like no song of HJ are original...
Even he has delivered a few good songs...

But the fact is nowadays, he is busy with propagating the good tunes of west to us...

nalladhu enga irundhalum thedi pidichu namakku tharaar... adhula enna thappu...

muzammil_fr
14th June 2007, 07:54 PM
SoftSword
Naanum Thaan Nallathe Kandu Piduthu Thareven, Ungalukku Ethanai Tune Venum? :lol: :P

Vaz
14th June 2007, 08:25 PM
Softsword...

Harris sevai... Tamizh naatukku thevai! He is doing some kind of social service by propagating western music to tamil people... The same as ARR but the other way around. ARR tries to popularize Indian music among western audiences and Harris tries the opposite! :D

I'm not saying that Harris has never composed anything original... The problem is that those few original ones are outnumbered by his inspired and unoriginal compositions. So I cannot accept it when people compare him with ARR. I personnally feel that Yuvan is far more original.

Movies
14th June 2007, 09:02 PM
Yuvan isnt original either, infact I can quote more YSR direct lifts than HJ. I think YSR and HJ are both orae kuttaila ooruna mattai!
For me VS is the only mentionable MD in Tamil after ARR( not including IR). Ofcourse VS also has his share of copies.

thamizhvaanan
14th June 2007, 09:49 PM
You are right, Movies :roll:

Btwn HJ and yuvan, I wud pick yuvan. HJ cant even think beyond simple 4 bar patterns :banghead: . Yuvan has handled much more complex tunes well. But heck... why are we discussing abt them now.... nalaikku thiruvizha :redjump:

muzammil_fr
15th June 2007, 12:02 AM
First Review On Net A Guy Who watch the movie and review it

hi frnds this is ***** ......i m a big rajni fan.........i stay in abudhabi .......i feel i m the 1st to say sivaji talk,.....movie is awesome......i saw the movie.......excellent movie.....dead shot hit.........the 1st one hour of the muve is slow .....interval bang is awesome which is a big treat for rajni fans ....interval block (peeri shona vundane summa adaradhilla)......plz plz fans dont get disapponted after watchin 1st one hour.........2 nd half full ultimate......climax 30min is the highlite where the movie goes to a high peak.....there is a big twist in climax.....i dont want to reveal........plzz ....movie is 100 times better than CM commercially...;........interval block resembles similar to TAGORE (chiranjeevi's muvie)..........SUPERSTAR comes with an industry hit after 3 years.........last but not the least......movie is all abt an NRI who teaches a lesson for all who dont pay tax .......THE MAIN PART OF THE MUVIE IS ALL ABT A MEDICAL COLLEGE REVENGE,......MUVIE IS A HIT....i m very happy tat i m the 1st to reveal the talk.......super star zindabad

muzammil_fr
15th June 2007, 12:02 AM
source http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/80380

united07
15th June 2007, 06:22 AM
It's awesome! Watched the 9pm show in Singapore.
Movie...is good...liked the screenplay.

Athiradee song picturisation is one of the best Ihave seen so far. Style? It rocks....take a look at vellai Rajni....you will be mesmerised.

Sahana and Vaaji...grandeur!

Bailelakka....is good. Nayantara is cute!

Wait till the climax! The BGM music generally was good...but IMHO its not the best of ARR. There are more than 1 catchy tune in it. That's good enough....\

Vaange Palagalam!

mahen01
15th June 2007, 07:50 AM
Here is a negative article about Rajani. I was quiet suprised. But it is interesting to know more about Rajani's real colours. http://www.tamilnaatham.com/articles/2007/jun/special/arankan20070614.htm

anoops
15th June 2007, 08:04 AM
my review up in behindwoods.. watched it first show in Singapore http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/june-07-02/14-06-07-sivaji-review.html

anoops
15th June 2007, 08:06 AM
Here is a negative article about Rajani. I was quiet suprised. But it is interesting to know more about Rajani's real colours. http://www.tamilnaatham.com/articles/2007/jun/special/arankan20070614.htm

Total CRAP i suppose!! :evil: :evil:

mahen01
15th June 2007, 08:37 AM
mahen01 wrote:

Total CRAP i suppose!!

I wish it is CRAP. But that article giving reference to a newspaper "chuda chuda seithi" dated Jan4th 1992..extreame kannada party group (saluvali) leader (Vatal Nagaraj) talking about rajani's involvement in anti tamil riots in Kannada.. and also refering to rajani's statements in different periods of time. + Rajami's brother's and families involvements in extreame kanada parties.. Its all adding up.
[/quote]

A.ANAND
15th June 2007, 09:15 AM
AFTER WATCHED MIDNIGHT SHOW LAST NIGHT ,ONE OF MY FRIEND SMS TO ME SAY'S
'SAVADI SANGGU'
:bluejump: :redjump: TODAY I WILL WATCH IN COLUSIUM OR KLCC :D BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :wave:

A.ANAND
15th June 2007, 09:46 AM
[tscii:03686d9abf]
Moviebuzz

Sivaji

Movie
Sivaji
Director
Shankar
Producer
AVM
Music
A.R.Rahman
Cast
Rajnikanth, Shriya, Vivek, Suman, Manivannan

By Moviebuzz

It can't get bigger than this- Rajnikanth the real superstar and style king and Shankar the showman of Tamil cinema coming together for the first time in Sivaji. The good news is that this awesome combo is able to whip up an entertainment extravaganza that is delicious and good to savour. From scene one till the end, one goes through a mystical experience.
The moot question is: does the Rajnikanth- Shankar combination measure up to the stratospheric expectation of their fans? The answer is that it does-to a very large extent, as it has freshness and novelty in the coming together of two giants of the industry. As a film, it acts as the vital bridge between the old Rajni films and new commercial packaging that makes Shankar tick with the generation next audience.

Rajnikanth has never looked so-good on screen with his stylized look and presentation, body language, mannerism and dialogue delivery. Shankar has been able to get the right balance in a tight rope walk between Rajni's larger-than-life image and the changing taste of today's mass multiplex audience without loosing his famous touch. In short, Shankar has given us a more peppier and upmarket Rajni that is sure to work with today's youth audience.

There is only one hero here, as in all Rajnikanth films- Rajni himself. Such is the overpowering screen presence of his cinematic charisma in every frame of the film. The film works big time as Shankar has made the film on a grand scale, in a riot of colours, lavish song picturisation and is a visual treat, action scenes are superbly choreographed. All this comes with top-of-the line techno-finesse, perhaps the best ever technically made film in Tamil.

Sivaji (Rajnikanth) comes back from US with big dreams of doing something good for his fellowmen mainly free education and medical care. He wants to set up `Sivaji University` but our corrupt system, greedy politicians and red tapeism stands in his way. Sivaji’s right-hand man is his Mama (Vivek) who not only helps him with his dream project but also finds him a perfect match in Tamilselvi (Shriya).

Sivaji faces opposition from Adhiseshan (Suman) a kingmaker, businessman and educationist who runs a successful medical college and hospital. After realizing that nothing works in our corrupt system, Sivaji succumbs to pressure and bribes the entire bureaucracy to start his pet project. Adhi crosses swords with Sivaji and is determined to sabotage the project and he succeeds in bringing our hero to the street. Now it is the turn of our superman hero to strike back. How he does it with just one rupee forms the rest of the story.

Technically, ‘Sivaji?is a revelation. Incase you feel that it has a predictable story, then there are stunning visuals which is paisa vasool. K.V.Anand's cinematography is top class. Art director Thotta Tharani work is enticing especially the sets in songs. Musically the film is a treat, as Rahman has given his best in recent times. Song picturisation like in all Shankar film are out-of-the world and what really keeps the viewer hooked, is the packaging and the way it is picturised.

Every song is a visual treat, with Vaaji ?/I> and Saahana?/I> adding glitz to the proceedings. The Style song shot in Spain with where Rajni is shown as a white man is mesmerizing, though the much hyped Ballelakka.. number reminds you of the manner in which Andankakka in Anniyan was shot. Thotta Tharani's sets enrich the proceedings. Manish Malhotra’s costumes especially the suits and denims suits Rajni to a T.

On the downside, there is nothing new story-wise. Shankar has rehashed his pet theme of a one-man crusader who cleans up the society of the scum of the earth, seen in his earlier socio-commercial fantasies like Gentleman and Muthalvan . There is a sense of déj?vu- as you have seen similar plots too often from his stable. The script is too thin on logic. There are far too many banal dialogues and familiar homilies and messages associated with a Shankar film are thrust in and at times the pace is too sluggish, especially in the first half.

The action scenes are well choreographed by Peter Haynes. The two fights in the first half are done in typical Jackie Chan style with the emphasis being to provide light hearted comedy. The films climax fight between "Motta" Sivaji and Adi is adrenaline-pumping with gravity defying 'Matrix' style visual effects. The graphic work in "Style" and "Athiradi" songs is mind boggling.

Shriya has given an outstanding performance. Body language, glances, expression.... you name it and she has it all. She looks bewitching and has enough scope to perform. Suman’s new look as the suave, polished Adhi is perfect foil for Rajni as he does not go overboard and utters only a few words. Vivek has equal footage with Rajni and some of his one-liners are really wacky and hilarious especially when he takes a dig at young heroes who have taken a leaf out of the superstar by mouthing punch lines and aping his mannerisms.

Though this is a film without any punch lines associated with Rajni film, a “Pera ketta chumma Adhirudhilla.. or “Cool?/I> could drive his fans into a frenzy. Please note that for the first time, there is a lot of English dialogues for Rajni, keeping the global audiences in mind. The comedy in the first half is rollicking and the surprise packet is the ‘Motta?Rajni who comes in the climax.
VERDICT:COOOOOOOOOL
WWW.SIFY.COM

[/tscii:03686d9abf]

Ramakrishna
15th June 2007, 01:40 PM
Saw the movie today morning 6am show.
Semma koottam in the theatre.
About the movie, i think, it did not live upto my expectations.Probably i didn't watch it as a Rajini fan and expected more on the story front. Storyline was unimpressive. 2nd half was better than the first half. Rajini's introduction was fine.
Now coming to the songs and BGM,
As a hardcore ARR fan, i shud say honestly that i was dissappointed a lot with the BGM of the movie. The BGM is nowhere near ARR's stunning performances in the BGM department in Mudhalvan or Indian or Padaiyappa or Muthu :cry:

Now coming to the songs. I feel Balleilakka was the least impressive. The picturisation was rubbish. Padaiyapa intro song was far better. Infact, this song was not needed at all.
I was a bit disappointed with Athiradee too.Rest of the songs were fine in all aspects.
Comedy was ok.
but the mottai boss scenes were the best.

july
15th June 2007, 02:01 PM
About the movie, i think, it did not live upto my expectations.Probably i didn't watch it as a Rajini fan and expected more on the story front. Storyline was unimpressive. 2nd half was better than the first half. Rajini's introduction was fine.
As a hardcore ARR fan, i shud say honestly that i was dissappointed a lot with the BGM of the movie. The BGM is nowhere near ARR's stunning performances in the BGM department in Mudhalvan or Indian or Padaiyappa or Muthu :cry:

Now coming to the songs. I feel Balleilakka was the least impressive. The picturisation was rubbish. Padaiyapa intro song was far better. Infact, this song was not needed at all.
I was a bit disappointed with Athiradee too.Rest of the songs were fine in all aspects.
Comedy was ok.

why u disappointed with athiradee ???
i heard this is best in whole movie with Style song...

dinesh2002
15th June 2007, 03:32 PM

Comedy was ok.

:? :shock: wow...this is harsh... after reading those positive reviews from the websites/tamil forum.... lets see....

raja_fan
15th June 2007, 04:20 PM
I am a IR fan.

But I am a Rajni fan too.

Saw this movie at least for Rajni and Shankar.

Disappointment ! No strong story as in Mudhalvan or Indian ! Just another Rajni movie..almost no Shankar's signature seen except for the songs :(

A.ANAND
15th June 2007, 05:10 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!I saw the movie in colusium today..
i am not rajini fan,but sivaji 'chumma pera ketta athiruthilla!!! :lol: superpppppppppppppp!!!!exllent!!!!cooooool!!!enter tainer movie of 2007 :yes: :yes:
tecnically very exellent... :clap: :clap: esp.stunt,visual and com.graffic.totally mass masala entertainer movie.
logic patti ellam pesa kudathu..
fist half konjam boring, ithu shankara padama illa p.vasu padama innu snthegam.anaa after intervel shankar coming back chumma athiradithan.baasha,dhandamuki vidai think sivaji the best rajini movie!!!this is my opinion.

songs visual are amazing!!!exp.athiradi and style song.kalakittaru shanker.but sivaji is not shanker's best movie but tecnically best :2thumbsup:

arr bgm konjam disspointing than, athukku avara kuttam solla mudiyathu because fist half-la supera bgm panna onnum illa!!!verum comedy seen than,second half-la,kurippa motta rajini enter-rukku piragu kalakittarulla :cool2:
overall,rajini-ikku meendum ippadi oru movie kedukkuma- innu santhegam-than.enna style-u!!!'mottai rajini'savadi sannggu.

apparam,romba mukkiyama visayam,FOR ALL KAMAL FANATIC FANS KETTUKUNNGA:SIVAJI EPPADIYAVTHU 'FLOP'AGANUM INNU POOJA PANNA KUDA NADAKKATHU ATHU MATTUM URUTHI!!!PERA KETTA CHUMMA ATHIRUTHILLA!!! :lol: :lol: SIVAJI ROCKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

A.ANAND
15th June 2007, 05:25 PM
TOMOROW I WILL WACTCH WITH MY FAMILY!!!HAYYYAA JOLLY!!! :lol:

anoops
15th June 2007, 05:34 PM
most guys jus wanna thrash it for namesake :banghead:
movie is perhaps the BEST Rajini movie in terms of Style and Substance!! Thalaivar ROCKS!!!

shoaib_rus
15th June 2007, 05:46 PM
SIVAJI ROCKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sivaji super Hit 300 and more day will run in most of the theater..

Reviw.

+
much different than normal rajni movies
rajni style
song especially style athiradi vaji
fight scene
mottai bosss
commedy
rajni jokes
for normal ordinary fans this very good film for them
just good entertainment movie .so for rajni act this kind of film
its going to be super HIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sure

Pere Ketta Chumma athiruthulle

-----------

asusual shanker story thats the normal part in the movie
coruption then he will fight against tat and first half commedy songs action
second hALF ATIRADI PAAA

shoaib_rus
15th June 2007, 05:47 PM
SIVAJI ROCKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sivaji super Hit 300 and more day will run in most of the theater..

Reviw.

+
rajni style
fight scene
mottai bosss
commedy
rajni jokes

-----------

second hALF ATIRADI PAAA

shoaib_rus
15th June 2007, 05:47 PM

Reviw.

+
rajni style
fight scene
mottai bosss
commedy
rajni jokes

-----------

second hALF ATIRADI PAAA

shoaib_rus
15th June 2007, 05:53 PM

Reviw.

+
rajni style
fight scene
mottai bosss
commedy
rajni jokes

-----------

second hALF ATIRADI PAAA

shoaib_rus
15th June 2007, 05:53 PM

Reviw.

+
rajni style
fight scene
mottai bosss
commedy
rajni jokes

-----------

second hALF ATIRADI PAAA

july
15th June 2007, 05:58 PM
Andava + Kadavule = Plz stop shoaib_rus from reply same thing again and again !!!!! :twisted:

shoaib_rus
15th June 2007, 06:07 PM

Reviw.

+
rajni style
fight scene
mottai bosss
commedy
rajni jokes

-----------

second hALF ATIRADI PAAA

SIVAJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGG

SUPER DOOPER HIT
ULTIMATE
WONDERFUL
KALAKKEL YAAAARRRR
NORMAL CM MOVIE RUN LIKE 300 DAYS WHY NOT THIS MOVE REACH 500 DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSS

IN SINGAPORE ITS RUNNING 4 THEATER ALREADY SOLDOUT FOR ONE WEEK IN ALL THEATER

buggle
15th June 2007, 08:32 PM

Comedy was ok.

I do agree with you Ramakrishna..
Here are my 2 cents...
I just went for Rajni and shankar, but little disappointing with respect to story line and screenplay - not really fast paced like Indian or Mudalvan..
song picturisation was really good - ballielakka song Nayan make fast movements and Rajni not able to match her..
BGM - normal, nothing great..

overall - for Rajni fans yes it will be a festival..but for others may be a normal movie

muzammil_fr
16th June 2007, 02:58 AM
Four Video Songs Online AT Enjoy Guys http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17799

SVN
16th June 2007, 03:13 AM
Here are 2 interesting reviews: The first is on the Telugu version (was indiaglitz teh media partner for the movie? going by the glowing reviews, it seems so) and the second is written by a northie who has watched it with his Tamilian friend. He seems to have enjoyed it.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/review/8059.html

http://musiqa.sulekha.com/blog/post/2007/06/sivaji-entertains-and-how.htm

thineshan54321
16th June 2007, 07:09 AM
Dinesh how is the music in the film? Live up to earlier shankar-ARR combo or Rajini-ARR combo? The audio itself was very good as we all agreed when it released, does the picturization make it better? Is the BGM powerful?

thamizhvaanan
16th June 2007, 08:26 AM
Thineshan, the BGM was terrific!!! much much better than the muted sounds in anniyan or CM. I dont remember Trumpet being used anywhere, if thats wat rajni fans consider to be apt BG for SS. Other than that, BG for Fight scenes and gethu scenes are simply superb. :clap:

Athiradee song ROCKED the theatres. So did Style. Vaaji vaaji song's set was awesome. You will have to watch it to beleive it. Sahana sounded even more beautiful with the visuals. Only Ballaleika fell short of expectations :(

ajaybaskar
16th June 2007, 11:36 AM
Sivaji- My review

(Rajni fans who've not yet seen the movie Sivaji, dont waste your time in reading this review of mine. The tickets for 21st day shows are selling out. Go and get it first!!)

First things first, The movie is an out and out Rajni show. For ppl who do not know how the screen presence of the protagonist lifts a movie to a great level, here's the example. Rajni steals the show with his style, action amd comedy sense. He carries the film in his shoulders throughout. He makes it very clear that its not the number of roles the hero plays in a movie makes it better but its the charisma of the lead actor.

Sivaji, has a very thin storyline and is quite similar to the assumptions that the mediapersons were making before the movie's release. But the presentation is racy and makes the movie a memorable one. The purists may argue that this is not Shankar's best film but its very true that this is Rajni's best since Baasha.

Sivaji has great commercial value and the movie is targeted on Rajni fans and Rajni fans alone. The film is sure to go down with them, which obviously would make this film a grand success.

Apart from Rajni, the two ppl who've contributed a lot to this movie are A.R Rahman and K.V Anand. When Rahman's rerecording takes the movie to greater heights, K.V Anand's cinematography literally makes the viewers spellbound. The super 35 format and the innovative 4k resolution technique ends up in giving a crystal clear picture quality.

On the sore points of the movie, the portrayal of heroine Shriya's character and the dragging first half finds a place. But Rajni's one man show and the superb second half puts these factors behind.

So, guys, dont go too much into the logic factor. Go and enjoy yourself watching the movie. Afterall, Rajni is the only hero who can make us cheerful in our otherwise mundane life!!!

SIVAJI-THE MASS

A.ANAND
16th June 2007, 12:16 PM
MR.AJAYBASKAR SUPERB REVIEW :clap: :2thumbsup: NO DOUBT SIVAJI IS SUPER HIT :clap: :clap:

2ND.TIME-MA MY FAMILY-ODA INNAIKKU COLUSIUM PAKKA POREN!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :bluejump:

july
16th June 2007, 05:26 PM
Just watch it...
who say Arr bgm is suck ??? man its ROCKS !!!!!!
Gonna watch the movie till get bored...whoa..
what a movie... oh god..

MADDY
16th June 2007, 05:47 PM
guys guys -> ARR rocked with his BGM - dont have any doubts........the people who have commented BGM is bad, didnt even know that the "mottai" rajini has a rap song for him,.......:hammer: ......they should listen to the BGM after the hype settles down.......it was superb...... :clap:

also, in the title, it was ARR's name that got the maximum claps/whistles/screams in the theater, ofcourse after Rajinikanth's name........and there were many fans in the theater who came to watch shivaji, primarily for ARR.........:clap: ......if Rajini is the biggest mass hero, then ARR is biggest mass MD :clap:

(gokka makka, ARR-ukku vizhundha claps/whistlesla paadhi kooda u1-ukku vizhala, when i saw Chennai-28 :D ........ARR is the undoubted emperor in chennai and TN :thumbsup:)

thineshan54321
16th June 2007, 06:34 PM
AWESOME, Thamizvaanan and Maddy, thanks for this. Ajaybaskar, excellent review. Now I really cant wait!!

thineshan54321
17th June 2007, 12:50 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/12529.html

thineshan54321
17th June 2007, 12:51 AM
udit on sivaji
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/12527.html

Yathu
17th June 2007, 02:30 AM
[tscii:63724de67f]What I thought of the picturisation of Sivaji songs:

1. Balleilekka - Locations chosen were very very nice. Choreography however was pretty poor, I think its Brinda, well whoever it is they've done a bad job. The dance moves didn't suit Rajni at all. Coming to think about it, it didn’t suit the backing dancers aswel! They even gave poor dance moves to Nayantara, she could have been used so much better! (but she did look hot though :D ) 7/10

2. Vaaji Vaaji - Wonderful sets, they song screams grandeur. Shreya's just beautiful, and her dancing is equally beautiful and elegant. Rajni also looked stunning in warrior/ Roman clothing! One thing I didn't like about this song was the use of those little guys. I think they tried to add a little bit of comedy to the song, but personally i don't think it worked. It just spoiled Blaaze's bits of the song, where he says "Thiragina tha, thina, thiragina tha". They could have made Rajni lip sync this part instead giving it to the little guys! :roll: 9/10

3. Style - ONE WORD: Wow! My fave song in the album now, thanks to the picturisation. Gugenheim Museum in Balboa, was an excellent choice of location for this modern song. Rajni turns completely white, and it looks superb. It supposedly took one year to do the graphics on this song and you know what it really paid off! I’ve read that they grafted some white girls skin onto Rajni’s using CG, to achieve the effect. All the costumes they gave him suit him very well, and the choreography is mindblowing. Prabhudeva has gotten the best out of Rajni's dancing abilities. Shreya handles the moves with ease. Very bold, very modern, very Shankar. This song is one of the saving graces of the movie. They really have done justice to ARRs trend-setting, mould-breaking number! A very well deserved 10/10.

4. Sahana - This song was picturised quite well. I’m not too sure about the set and costumes though. I don't think the whole glass thing was that impressive. Also, the costumes given to the backing dancers looked a little cheap and tacky. I'm sure they cost a lot, but it didn't look it. Rajni pulls of the song with such grace. Shreya, again, brilliant! When I watched it, the first few seconds of the song where Udit sings before the instrumentation begins, was missing. I don’t know if this was just when I watched it or if it was in all cinemas. 8/10

5. Athiradee - Very nice choreography by Lawrence. The only annoying thing was the gun shots over ARRs fine music. Was this really necessary? Ok, do it once, but the repeated gun shot sounds over the music, just plain annoying! Nice use of graphics in the song aswel! 9/10

OVERALL, STYLE songs picturisation is the out and out winner! I want to see the movie again, just to see this song on the big screen once more!

8-) \\_STA_A_AYYLE_// 8-)
[/tscii:63724de67f]

thineshan54321
17th June 2007, 04:35 AM
very encouraging review yathu, but the gunshot that u mentioned, doesnt it just come when rahman sings "dishoom"? I havent watched the movie yet, but exactly where r the gunshots?

Yathu
17th June 2007, 04:56 AM
very encouraging review yathu, but the gunshot that u mentioned, doesnt it just come when rahman sings "dishoom"? I havent watched the movie yet, but exactly where r the gunshots?

They are in different parts of the song, and not when Rahman sings "dishoom"! Lots at the start of the song!

vem
17th June 2007, 06:30 AM
watched Sivaji in San Jose.

A movie with brilliant sets for all the songs ! Rajni's style is just fantastic thru out the movie. All songs were great !
The story is the only spoilsport in this movie. I think Shankar spent too much time with the songs picturization and little time with the story as such. But, it doesnt matter as it is a Rajni movie.

The scene where Shreya stops the train with her red saree is very touching ! Comedy by Vivek is awesome !

This movie can be seen again for grandiose sets for songs, Rajni's style and Vivek/Chinni/Shreya's dad/Solomon Paapayya's comedy !
This movie can be wa

dinesh2002
17th June 2007, 06:32 AM
For me the picturisations was the only dissapointment in the movie.... the worse of Shankar's film ......

MusicIsLife
17th June 2007, 07:11 AM
Shivaji Video songs details:

Sahana Saral Thoo Sivaji Song (4 min)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cESlOa0BEOQ

Athiradikkaaran - Machan ! Machan ! Machandi ! (7 min)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pJt-844mQDQ

Oru koodai sunlight ( 4 min)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_sMm_6h5ic

Vaji Vaji Sivaji The Boss Video Song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5L3hFzRoZN8

Sivaji video - Shriya Introduction:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HvF6xxGidnk

MusicIsLife
17th June 2007, 07:16 AM
http://www.chennai365.com/sivaji/san-jose-america-sivaji-celebration

kb
17th June 2007, 08:46 AM
any link to the last rap for mottai boss :D

A.ANAND
17th June 2007, 10:21 AM
(gokka makka, ARR-ukku vizhundha claps/whistlesla paadhi kooda u1-ukku vizhala, when i saw Chennai-28 ........ARR is the undoubted emperor in chennai and TN )-MADDY

haha..!!!kekkave evvalo santhosama irukku
:cool2: :D intha visayathula mattum tamil nadu people-lukku oru 'o' podalam :clap: innga malaysia arr fans mattum 'rendu kaiyum velding'panna mathiri umai mathiri okkathu iruppanga :ashamed:

A.ANAND
17th June 2007, 10:27 AM
For me the picturisations was the only dissapointment in the movie.... the worse of Shankar's film ......enna dinesh ippadi sollitta??? :roll: :roll: whY!!PADAM UNNAKU PIDIKALAYA???

A.ANAND
17th June 2007, 10:54 AM
pothuva shanker movie-la logic ellam pakkave kudathu,athuvum rajini oda sentha sollanuma??? :lol: sivaji full of 'mass masala entertaiment' movie avalothan.200% rajini style movie with ithuvaraikkum pakkatha rajini mottai and style :cool2: movie super duper hit athu pothum.ithu romba sellfish-ah sollaren beacause 4 a.r.rahman only :2thumbsup:

july
17th June 2007, 01:31 PM
For me the picturisations was the only dissapointment in the movie.... the worse of Shankar's film ......

picturisations is best part dude...
which part make u dissatisfied in sivaji ? :roll:

MusicIsLife
17th June 2007, 07:31 PM
Cinesouth has no good reviews about the movie, in the review they have not given any credit to ARR, but in the Plus they have, some what contradictory and somewhat confusing.

thineshan54321
17th June 2007, 08:39 PM
my personal belief, media ppl really dunno what they r talking about. I think every employee for a website is given a sentence to write for the review. :lol: And at the end one person cut paste and make a review out of it. :lol:

just like the top music sales.
one person write "It is not Rahman's best."
another person writes "Sivaji is number one album"
the person who cut paste, adds an "although"
so we read, "Although it is not rahman's best, Sivaji is number one album." :lol: idiots...

dinesh2002
18th June 2007, 07:35 AM

picturisations is best part dude...
which part make u dissatisfied in sivaji ? :roll:

well,i dun wanna create the same war here again!! :lol: but yea... i ONLY liked Vaaji Vaaji & Athiradi ......

A.ANAND
18th June 2007, 07:42 AM
my personal belief, media ppl really dunno what they r talking about. I think every employee for a website is given a sentence to write for the review. :lol: And at the end one person cut paste and make a review out of it. :lol:

so we read, "Although it is not rahman's best, Sivaji is number one album." :lol: idiots... :lol: :lol: :lol: ellam vaitherical than thines!!!!eppadi yaavathu rahmanai kavukkalam innu nennanga.paruppu vegala pola!! :lol:

dinesh2002
18th June 2007, 07:45 AM

so we read, "Although it is not rahman's best, Sivaji is number one album." :lol: idiots...

yea... indiaglitz wrote ARR's music was adequate .... :lol:

thineshan54321
18th June 2007, 08:37 AM
i havent watched the movie yet, but ppl say ARR's songs is a huge plus point (we already know this when songs released, but the ppl who enjoy songs after movie) to the movie along with rajini ofcourse.

united07
18th June 2007, 10:04 AM
IMHO...Song picturisations are top class...

Songs were good and with Shankar eye for grandious it is even better... ARR did his best part in this.

On the whole, BGM failed to register. apart from few rap bits...the rest are simply adequate. Now, before anyone doubts me...I AM A HARD CORE ARR FAN!

buddysathi
18th June 2007, 11:58 AM
Did anyone noticed the BGM , when Rajini offers bribe to officers in the hotel! It was very much like Sethu's mental hospital theme!

Was it jus a coincidence or greatmen think alike or it was only me who's feeling like that?

A.ANAND
18th June 2007, 04:01 PM
'Sivaji' draws good opening in Bangalore
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 18, 2007]

Although the release of 'Sivaji' is in low key the 13 Tamil prints and 4 Telugu prints has made the Rajnikanth fans to cheer up. The four Telugu prints of 'Sivaji' are in Mulbagal, Chickballapur and Gauribidanur and Chintamani Telugu belt areas of Karnataka. In the next few weeks the film will be released in Mysore, Mandya, Hassan and Coorg areas of Karnataka.

On Friday morning distributor of the film H.D.Gangaraju arranged for a preview of the film 'Sivaji' to film media persons at Badami House. At this premier there was heavy crowd. Nearly 200 persons stood on both the sides of Badami house and watched the film.

A fan of Rajnikanth came straight to distributor Gangaraju and requested him to allocate all the four shows tickets to him so that he could give free tickets to Rajni fans. Gangaraju pointed his fingers to Urvashi theatre but that could not materialize for the fan. In black tickets were sold from Rs.1000 to 5000 rupees per ticket. Rajni wages war against black money in the film 'Sivaji' is interesting to note here. The theatres in Bangalore hiked the admission rates from Rs.20 to 200 rupees.

The fans of Rajnikanth poured milk, offered prayers, broken coconuts in the morning for the cut outs of 'Sivaji'. There was traffic jam at Nataraj and Cauvery theatres. At Ajantha theatre there was lathi charge from police.

A.ANAND
18th June 2007, 04:02 PM
[tscii:dd2bfe05ae]Big demand for Sivaji
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 18, 2007]

The unprecedented response for Rajnikanth's Sivaji all around the globe has brought smiles on the faces of its producers A V M Saravanan and his son M S Guhan.

Delighted at the audience response for the movie, the producers said, “We are extremely elated at coming out with an entertainer, which is enjoyed by one and all”.

Released in over 25 countries besides India, Sivaji has been witnessing phenomenal crowds. The bumper opening for the movie has sent Kollywood in surprise.

Saravanan says, “There were demands to dub the movies into other languages including Malay and Chinese. We are not planning anything now and would consider the demands only after consulting director Shankar and music-composer A R Rahman. There are requests for additional prints and in several theatres abroad, the number of shows have been increased following requests fr[/tscii:dd2bfe05ae]

ajaybaskar
18th June 2007, 04:20 PM
If anybody gets the rap bit for MOTTA Rajni, pl get us the link..

thumburu
18th June 2007, 04:31 PM
Sivaji didn't quite live up to its mega hype and expectation. The first half was a big drag , replete with cheap, over the board, silly comedy . Shankar seemed to have remembered about a vital ingredient called story only after the interval . Needless to say , the second "adhiradi" half also had unbelievable, vittalacharya stunts which only hard core rajini fans would relish. ARR's bgm score left a lot to be desired. That rap that erupted every now and then was noisy and a perfect recipe for a throbbing head ache. Worst , the bgm was incongruous at certain places . May be ARR outsourced to likes of Sabesh murali or Praveen Mani , this time too.
The Rajini factor has so heavily bogged down Shankar and ARR that in the end, Rajini alone emerges the winner.

dinesh2002
18th June 2007, 04:52 PM
Sivaji didn't quite live up to its mega hype and expectation. The first half was a big drag , replete with cheap, over the board, silly comedy . Shankar seemed to have remembered about a vital ingredient called story only after the interval . Needless to say , the second "adhiradi" half also had unbelievable, vittalacharya stunts which only hard core rajini fans would relish. ARR's bgm score left a lot to be desired. That rap that erupted every now and then was noisy and a perfect recipe for a throbbing head ache. Worst , the bgm was incongruous at certain places . May be ARR outsourced to likes of Sabesh murali or Praveen Mani , this time too.
The Rajini factor has so heavily bogged down Shankar and ARR that in the end, Rajini alone emerges the winner.

no such thing man.... it rocks from the min 1 untill the 3rd hour.... trust me... if u dun like it.... too bad :wave: see u....

A.ANAND
18th June 2007, 04:52 PM
The Rajini factor has so heavily bogged down Shankar and ARR that in the end, Rajini alone emerges the winner.THOO VANTHUTARU VAAYA POLANTHU KITTU!!!PODA..PODA... :hammer:

dinesh2002
18th June 2007, 04:54 PM
IMHO...Song picturisations are top class...

Songs were good and with Shankar eye for grandious it is even better... ARR did his best part in this.

On the whole, BGM failed to register. apart from few rap bits...the rest are simply adequate. Now, before anyone doubts me...I AM A HARD CORE ARR FAN!

nope buddy.... check out Suman's theme... a very very simple beat but it gives u a mysterious feel... something like the theme for Raguvaran in Muthalvan... only ARR can do such.... overall,if it wasnt ARR for the BGM, the movie would loose out allot....trust me!!!

ajaybaskar
18th June 2007, 05:02 PM
As Maddy said, ARR is now mastering the art of composing separate themes for the lead actors..

rayan36
18th June 2007, 05:47 PM
[tscii:20b0609a27]Sivaji punch dialogue – “Why me?” asks Simbu

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

June 18, 2007

The latest buzz in Kollywood is that the punch dialogue rendered by Vivek “Chinna pasanga ellam viralai kaati punch vasanam pesugiragal” in Sivaji has been aimed at Simbu. We all know that Simbu also has a penchant for punch dialogues.

Well, we have Simbu’s reaction on this punch dialogue. The actor, while making it clear that he is a great fan of Rajini, said that he usually never misses superstar’s first day first show.

But, this time around, due to his heavy shooting schedule, Simbu stationed in Theni, had to satisfy himself with a night show.

Having seen the movie and thoroughly enjoyed it, Simbu said he did not feel that the punch dialogue was aimed at him. He added that even Dhanush in Sullan has rendered a punch dialogue “Sullan soodanaal sullukku eduthuduven. There are a whole lot of young heroes who deliver punch dialogues.”

The little star, said that Vivek would have no intention to make a prick at him in such a way. “Only my good friend Vivek would know whom he was talking about,” he said.

Speaking about Sivaji, Simbu said that the movie has come out very well and is a thorough entertainer and he liked the songs very much.

[/tscii:20b0609a27]

july
18th June 2007, 06:47 PM
Rajini movie breaks record for opening day takings

KUALA LUMPUR: The Tamil movie, Sivaji - The Boss has raked in takings of RM560,000 on its opening day, setting a new record in the Tamil film industry in Malaysia.

S. Vell Paari, the chairman of the movie distributor, Pyramid Saimira Theatre Chain (M), said that the highest takings on Thursday night was due to the overwhelming demand.

This broke the previous record high of RM300,000 for the film, Jeans starring Prasanth and Ashwarya Rai in 1997.

He said that the movie, starring South Indian superstar Rajinikanth, opened in 40 theatres throughout the country on the opening day and 53 theatres from Saturday.

Vell Paari said that the delay in getting the prints for the movie had resulted in the confusion in some theatres, which had to reschedule their screening times.

He also said that a 26-year-old accountant was detained for attempting to download the film with his handphone in a theatre in the Klang Valley on Friday.

He said that his company had also received information that a print of the film had been smuggled out of India and brought to Malaysia where attempts were being made to sell it to a company in Kepong.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/6/17/nation/18052578&sec=nation

NEED I SAY MORE ? THIS MOVIE ROCKS BIG TIME !!!

thineshan54321
18th June 2007, 07:00 PM
O, Vanakam anna! Superstar sonathu sari thaan. Whenever a film with Rahman releases, paneenga mathiri koodama vanthuduveengalae, antha singatha (Rahman) thaaka! :P Poonga poonga, poi ungada panni raja music/padam parungo. :lol: just relax man... enjoy the show... do we come to YSR or HJ threads and criticize? altho there is a need to criticize, we dont, because we understand u guys enjoy it. same here man, just leave... sry, i cant stand this

MusicIsLife
18th June 2007, 07:45 PM
Thineshan,
You should take criticism good or bad, if it is just hailing and praising ARR, then it is not a forum. Everybody has a right to express the opinion, so please dont take it wrongly. Just coz you and somebody like it does not mean that somebody should not. It is immature not to accept statements against the people we love.

it is good that somebody has a different opinion.

I will post after watching the movie on 23rd. All movie tickets in NJ was sold out for the last weekend.

thamizhvaanan
18th June 2007, 08:59 PM
Thinesan and Anand... pls stop bashing thumburu :x

let us all hope that he was honest in his opinions. thumburu sir, that rap may have caused headache to u, but it sure did cause goosebumps to many. If it clicked with its intended audience, it has served its purpose. :wink:

thineshan54321
18th June 2007, 10:44 PM
aight sry guys... it just seemed a bit unreasonable to me that he bashed everything about the movie. If he pointed out atleast one good thing about music and gave 10 bad things, i wouldve accepted the criticisms, but all he did was give bad comments which made me think that he is not honest... if u go to sivaji movie forum, when ppl didnt appreciate the BGM (some people) I didnt talk back because they also gave some good things. They said "Music not so good in first half and really good in second half", thats reasonable. Comparing ARR to MDs like Sabesh Murali and Praveen Mani is totally unacceptable, if he just wants to criticize rahman go ahead, why compare? that clearly shows his biased views against Rahman.

anyways really sry guys... sry thumburu :roll:

Renault
19th June 2007, 03:24 AM
How uglier this thread can get into.. esepcially days after the release of Sivaji...thankfully Thineshan apologised.

A.ANAND
19th June 2007, 06:28 AM
Thinesan and Anand... pls stop bashing thumburu :x

let us all hope that he was honest in his opinions. thumburu sir, that rap may have caused headache to u, but it sure did cause goosebumps to many. If it clicked with its intended audience, it has served its purpose. :wink:avanungga kandabadi ennavellam [arr]patti mattama bashing pannu vannga,anaa naanga mattum kettukittu 'soranaye'illama summa irukkanum :oops:

anoops
19th June 2007, 03:42 PM
THAT RAP ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gosh!! people sure do have wierd tastes :lol: :lol:
sabesh and praveen :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ajaybaskar
19th June 2007, 03:52 PM
The Boss- Rap is a class. Adhuvum padathoda paarkkumbodhu....woooow

july
19th June 2007, 06:52 PM
Yes that rap part rock big TIME... Climax BGM also Breathtaking. ARR is top class BGM maker !!!!!!!!!
one more is STYLE song its get SUPER HIT REVIEW from everyone...
only one man can do such song , thats is Arr..
i'm sure 100% that no one can come up with such wonderful + experimental song if shankar select other MD for Sivaji...i'm a big fan of style song now..always keep on repeating listening it..
BIG HAIL FOR ARR AND SHANKAR..
Really hope ARR and Shankar work forever, this team is great.

m_23_bayarea
19th June 2007, 09:42 PM
ARR's Masterpiece work in the movie can be seen at sooo many places...

* The Superstar Titles! Refreshing change!

* The intro scene, where Rajini is masked and handcuffed! The BGM sets the perfect tone for the movie... Looked amazingly serious!

* The funny tunes for the comedy scenes in the first half!

* The BGM whenever Suman comes!

* The amazing Stunt Sequences and the BGMs!

* The intermission scene, where Rajini flips the coin, shakes his head, his hair-style changes! The BGM made ppl think, ok the second half will be a master-blaster!

* When Rajini says, "Panninga thaan kootamaa Varum, Singam Single-aa thaan Varum"! "Singammmm daaa"! The BGM raised goose-pumps, and the theatre went nuts!

* When Rajini runs on the roof while being chased by the baddies, he will stop all of a sudde, say FINISSSSHHHH, and turn back... At that time, his face expressions, some special effects, and ARR's BGM rocked my socks!

* The BGMs whenever Rajini confronts Suman! Like the tea-stall scene for example... After Rajini delivers the punches, during his walk towards the camera!

* The Rap for the Motta-Boss!

* Most importantly, the songs! What variety, what versatility, etc!

The list will go on and on...

Personally, I am very happy that the animation movie SULTAN- The King, will also have ARR in the backdrop!

Awesome work from the LEGEND! :clap: :clap: :clap:

anoops
20th June 2007, 08:09 AM
yup, Sultan and ARR -- ITS GONNA BE ONE HELL OF MUSIC!! ARR ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

callmeshyam
20th June 2007, 10:33 AM
I have the Sahara ring tone in my mobile. When some of my co-workers at work heard this (This is the best part. They are not even Indians, 1 is an Armenian and the other is a Chinese), got so hooked up with the flute, that they literally barged into my desk to copy them over to their mobile. Amazing!!! Music transcending borders!!!! The sad part now is I keep looking at my mobile all the time as all 3 have the same ringtone. :lol:

ajaybaskar
20th June 2007, 10:43 AM
I have the Sahara ring tone in my mobile. When some of my co-workers at work heard this (This is the best part. They are not even Indians, 1 is an Armenian and the other is a Chinese), got so hooked up with the flute, that they literally barged into my desk to copy them over to their mobile. Amazing!!! Music transcending borders!!!! The sad part now is I keep looking at my mobile all the time as all 3 have the same ringtone. :lol:

COOOL SHYAM :lol:

rsubras
20th June 2007, 12:03 PM
Earlier, when Varalaru was released, initial reviews were telling the film was good, songs were nice but the BGM sucked big time and it was a heavy disappointment....... But imho, it is the best bgm for an ajith movie and one of the best for a masala movie... The BGM just flows through out the movie and the swing in mood of the scene is beautifully captured by the BGM....I was like wowwwwww in several scenes... The place where the villain ajith attempts to kill father ajith, the change in the music when sivashankar ajith comes down the steps during his marriage, the climax bgm....... K.S.Ravikumar sure gets ARR to score awesome BGM for his movies.. Padaiyappa was one another classic example.. an ordinary oonjal scene which would have gone as just another scene in any other movie was lifted to soaring heights by the style kings (both Super star and the Super MD)

thumburu
20th June 2007, 02:21 PM
MIL, it is needless to thank you as you have done what a regular, decent hubber would do, trying to din some sense into the heads of few dimwits here . While I choose to ignore the vermin laden posts of ARR sycophants AANAND and Thineshan, it is up to the moderators to purge these .
But what amuses me to no end is your post Thamizhvaanan. Iam also an audience like u or anybody here expressing my views on the music or movie at the appropriate thread. So where does the question of honesty or dishonesty arise here? Do you think some hard core IRFan is holding a pistol against my head forcing me to write what I wrote? And dunt u presume whoever posts with a pseudonym should be a male :))

Mahen
20th June 2007, 05:12 PM
guys, i really need to know wats 'poombavaai aambal aamabal, punnaigaiyo mooval mooval'..pls help..Thanks a million

MusicIsLife
20th June 2007, 06:30 PM
Thumburu,
Thanks I have always enjoyed your post from old days. Your knowledge and music sense have always amazed me. But please dont get angry or for the matter of fact offended by anybody's statement here, they dont know about you, let us leave it at that.

dinesh2002
20th June 2007, 06:49 PM
guys, i really need to know wats 'poombavaai aambal aamabal, punnaigaiyo mooval mooval'..pls help..Thanks a million

me 2 want to know.... in telugu they too use Ambal Ambal, Muvval Muvval....

Nerd
20th June 2007, 09:01 PM

poompaavai is poo pOnRa paavai -- A soft(flower-like) girl :P
aambal is thaamaRai -- Lotus
mouval is mullai poo -- English-la :confused2:

A *soft*, lillie like girl, her smile is like mullai!

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 04:47 AM
thumburu i have already apoligized... i was just angry because no matter how good the music output is, there r always complaints! All those criticisms that u made against music of Sivaji, just tell me who couldve done a better job and I will completely agree with u...

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 04:50 AM
Guys I have just watched SIVAJI! Just mindblowing, my mom wants to see it again!!! She loved everything about the movie. The first half (some of u said is a bit slow), but I think that is one of the reasons why the second half just blows my mind. Fantastic stuff! Hats off to RAJINI (enna styleida saami!, enoruthan puranthu varonum), ARR (emphasizes rajini so much, i mean so much. And the music for suman, makes him seem so dangerous), SHANKAR (imagination at a peak). I have to watch it again. I missed so much stuff. I mean what should i pay attention to? Rajini? The beautiful settings in the songs? The BGM? Shreya? I dont understand!

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 04:56 AM
oh guys this is amazing. I was just sitting here browsing, my window was open. I heard the same beat style song had. The strong catchy bass. I thought ARR used a loop and I am hearing some english songs. But its actually Sivaji songs. Even here its so popular. WOW.

Movies
21st June 2007, 06:30 AM
Seems Sivaji all set to run for months and months to come.

I thought Shankar packaged Sivaji extremely well. In my opinion Shamnkar could have scripted Sivaji with action packed story from th e word go like gentle man, Indian or Mudhalvan. Shakar, being the shrewd commercial guy, shocased everything whaan rajni fan goes into a theater for. Comedy and sentiment for the family audience, Masala action for his fans and Punchlines for everyone! Just like Baasha, but a few notches lower. But Baasha is a remake movie ( from hinid and Rajni himself acted as a sibling to Amitabh in the original) so obviously its a fine tuned product.

I guess shankar nor rajni didnt felt like taking a risk experimenting after the Baba and Boys debacle.

To Summarize Rajni Scores 100%, shankar 100%, Sivaji 100%.

Movies
21st June 2007, 06:32 AM
Analysing Anniyan and Sivaji I fear we may have lost Indias Best director; ie shankar. Right from Gentleman till Boyz, shankar had a great craft for making social themed movies but in a commercially viable form. Powerful stories complimented by powerful screenplay. If you observe carefully every single frame of his film was carefully crafted, everysingle detail in perfection. Infact just like u notice new things on a rahman song each time u hear it, you observe minutely crafted details in film making from shankar. For this I consider Shankar much superior to Manirathnam. Failure of Boyz and the unprecedented success of anniyan may have lured shankar abandon his crafting skills and turn into a pucca commercial director.

For example look at anniyans story, it makes no sense. But on the other hand despite mudhalvan and indian being fictional it always carried a sense of reality.

I certainly hope this is only a temporary phase of shankar and his next venture is a masterpiece.

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 09:25 AM
i didnt like anniyan that much either... I loved the technicality, but in terms of fun, etc i didnt like it. But sivaji on the other hand is a total mind blower. It may be commercial, but u can see Shankar's touch throughout the movie. Ofcourse Rajini voertakes Shankar, but thats natural. We should be glad that shankar crafted such a script for rajini. I loved the MGR part. gelled in with so well. and the songs, style is prolly the best picturization for a rahman song. in terms of technicality, content, context. all done very nicely.

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 09:27 AM
guys any news on record sales for audio? doesnt indian hold the record for the highest number sold? did sivaji beat that?

m_23_bayarea
21st June 2007, 09:29 AM
guys any news on record sales for audio? doesnt indian hold the record for the highest number sold? did sivaji beat that?

What kinda question is this? :lol:

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 09:47 AM
:lol: bay, i was just wondering because i heard no news about this. Isnt it a big deal if sivaji audio is the highest sold audio? Shouldnt that be mentioned in media? anyone have number of CDs and Cassettes sold?

What kinda question is this? :lol:

Mahen
21st June 2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks nerd..Guys im new to this hub and i read thumburu's view on sivaji...Just ignore his crappy comments and enjoy Sivaji..

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 09:52 AM
Welcome buddy! Hope you have fun here. You watch sivaji yet? How was it? Yes we are ignoring some people's comments... I kinda overreacted to it before. Now i am cooool, ignoring makes things so much better.

Thanks nerd..Guys im new to this hub and i read thumburu's view on sivaji...Just ignore his crappy comments and enjoy Sivaji..

july
21st June 2007, 10:30 AM

poompaavai is poo pOnRa paavai -- A soft(flower-like) girl :P
aambal is thaamaRai -- Lotus
mouval is mullai poo -- English-la :confused2:

A *soft*, lillie like girl, her smile is like mullai!

Cool! 8-)

lancelot
21st June 2007, 10:35 AM
Welcome buddy! Hope you have fun here. You watch sivaji yet? How was it? Yes we are ignoring some people's comments... I kinda overreacted to it before. Now i am cooool, ignoring makes things so much better.

welcome to the HUB Mahen.. hope u have a great time here...:D

sivaji sounds great... must go watch it next week.... cant wait...

ppl like t****** r called a TROLL in the world of forums. an TROLLs r ignored... hehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe
:D

ajaybaskar
21st June 2007, 10:54 AM
thumburu i have already apoligized... i was just angry because no matter how good the music output is, there r always complaints! All those criticisms that u made against music of Sivaji, just tell me who couldve done a better job and I will completely agree with u...

May be..GOD

Mahen
21st June 2007, 04:50 PM
Hey thineshan, watched sivaji twice already..hehe...It was like going on a roller coaster ride...Entertaining till the end..i was slightly disappointed with the story and i think shankar ignored the story and focused more on the visuals,rajin etc...Overall it was a BLAST
I thought ARR did a good job with bgm esp during the intro of Rajni..The new rap by blaaze rocks..

ajaybaskar
21st June 2007, 05:59 PM
blaaze, now has become an integral part of ARR movies..

MusicIsLife
21st June 2007, 06:17 PM
All lyrics in English and Tamil are available at www.chennai365.com

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 06:28 PM
Hey thineshan, watched sivaji twice already..hehe...It was like going on a roller coaster ride...Entertaining till the end..i was slightly disappointed with the story and i think shankar ignored the story and focused more on the visuals,rajin etc...Overall it was a BLAST
I thought ARR did a good job with bgm esp during the intro of Rajni..The new rap by blaaze rocks..

You bet Mahen, it was splendid job by everyone!

thamizhvaanan
21st June 2007, 06:29 PM
But what amuses me to no end is your post Thamizhvaanan. Iam also an audience like u or anybody here expressing my views on the music or movie at the appropriate thread. So where does the question of honesty or dishonesty arise here? Do you think some hard core IRFan is holding a pistol against my head forcing me to write what I wrote? :lol: I think you got me wrong... I was referring to the blind eyed hypocrites trolling thro the hub, who always posts some crap irrespective of even their own opinion :lol2: .

And dunt u presume whoever posts with a pseudonym should be a male :))I stand corrected mam :P :cool:

Sanjeevi
21st June 2007, 06:32 PM
What a pity?

you guys don't have digestion formula against bad reviews on Sivaji

MusicIsLife
21st June 2007, 10:25 PM
Sanjeevi,
Sivaji is not the only case

MusicIsLife
21st June 2007, 10:31 PM
But i still feel Sivaji Songs are top notch and in accordance with the trend and more fresher than any other movie I have recently listened to.

thineshan54321
21st June 2007, 10:45 PM
But i still feel Sivaji Songs are top notch and in accordance with the trend and more fresher than any other movie I have recently listened to.

Glad you agree MusicIsLife. :D Honestly, TFM industry is so much fresher with sivaji, its setting a new trend. Especially Style and athiradee

A.ANAND
22nd June 2007, 07:30 AM
ippa current-la irukkum MD yellam rahman enna puthusa sound panna porarunnu innu wait pannarannga!!!ithu naan sollala dr.padmasree s.p.balasubramanyam avargal sonnthu. :D

thineshan54321
22nd June 2007, 07:49 AM
ippa current-la irukkum MD yellam rahman enna puthusa sound panna porarunnu innu wait pannarannga!!!ithu naan sollala dr.padmasree s.p.balasubramanyam avargal sonnthu. :D

neenga solurathu unmaiyaa? god bless SPB for correctly understanding the current TFM situation.

A.ANAND
22nd June 2007, 08:10 AM
ennodo pattu padunggal jaya t.v progrem-la s.p.b- ye than vayala sonnathu thalaiva!!!it's true :D athu mattum illai,namma boss patti neraiya praise panni irukkar s.p.b.
rahman patti sonna enakku 'alugaye varum'innu sonnaru parunnga,enakke alugai vanthiruchu sir!'rahman mathiri oru best human being naan parthey illa innu 'romba unnarchi vasappattu sonna s.p.b!!

lancelot
22nd June 2007, 09:36 AM
ennodo pattu padunggal jaya t.v progrem-la s.p.b- ye than vayala sonnathu thalaiva!!!it's true :D athu mattum illai,namma boss patti neraiya praise panni irukkar s.p.b.
rahman patti sonna enakku 'alugaye varum'innu sonnaru parunnga,enakke alugai vanthiruchu sir!'rahman mathiri oru best human being naan parthey illa innu 'romba unnarchi vasappattu sonna s.p.b!!

can we get hold of that SPB interview?
would be a nice read

hehe

united07
22nd June 2007, 10:36 AM
Shocked to find this kind of comment in IMDB....

Sivaji was released with such a fanfare that all the TV channels were busy telecasting the madness unleashed by the fans of the hero of this film , Rjanikant. For most of us Tamilians , it is a shame and another painful event. Directed by a joker who knows nothing about good cinema and acted by a 60 year old hero with all his stale antics, there is nothing to be proud about this tamasha. Claimed to be an extravaganza from this director Shankar, who does not have an iota of cinematic aesthetics in his brain , but claims to follow the foot steps of the stone age mythical director Ceci B De Mile. Anyway the hyped up rating here does not tell the truth but the handiwork of the hero's fans. If you see the film after seeing the rating given here, you may never forgive IMDb !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479751/

WHAT'S HIS PROBLEM?

ajaybaskar
22nd June 2007, 11:41 AM
Poor guy, He shud've been mentally harrassed during his childhood.

selvakumar
22nd June 2007, 11:53 AM
United,
The movie is getting mixed reviews though I agree that the comment posted above looks weird
Here is one more comment in the same site

standard audiences -stay away from this crap, 15 June 2007
4/10
Author: vijil-johnson from India
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479751/usercomments?start=20

this is the worst shankar movie i have seen the film has the worst choreographed stupid fight scenes and an unbelievable car collision scenes in which all the cars colliding with rajni's vehicle are being shown flying like paper pieces. that sequence devastated the entire movie. the songs are not at all beautifully pictured .agreed,costly sets are used ,but it is sheer waste and looks unpleasant to eyes. the timing of the songs is the worst. dialogs are pretty good and the basic plot is also good.comedy at some parts are great,especially involving rajni and vivek.but vivek steals the show. but the picturisation is the worst. shreya has been used as a sex symbol in the movie. so the male audience will be happy. also nayanthara looks so sexy in an item number . by seeing the film it is sure that rajni had directed this caper and shankar was sidelined.

summary:the story had good potential, but the final picture

was a crap.

verdict:only real hardcore rajni fans should see it. for erotic purpose the film is good. standard audiences stay away from it.

prediction : the movie will do good in Tamil nadu as most of the

people go to the movie only to see rajni.

anoops
22nd June 2007, 05:29 PM
both the comments cud have been from none other than northies :p who got their A$$ kicked by our Thalaivar :D :D

thineshan54321
22nd June 2007, 05:56 PM

anand, record paneneengala? SPB is truly golden. He always praises Rahman. I dont think that the current MDs give SPB the respect he deserves.

thineshan54321
22nd June 2007, 05:59 PM
Vayuthula eriyura volcano, vayila theriyuthu! :lol:

Shocked to find this kind of comment in IMDB....

Sivaji was released with such a fanfare that all the TV channels were busy telecasting the madness unleashed by the fans of the hero of this film , Rjanikant. For most of us Tamilians , it is a shame and another painful event. Directed by a joker who knows nothing about good cinema and acted by a 60 year old hero with all his stale antics, there is nothing to be proud about this tamasha. Claimed to be an extravaganza from this director Shankar, who does not have an iota of cinematic aesthetics in his brain , but claims to follow the foot steps of the stone age mythical director Ceci B De Mile. Anyway the hyped up rating here does not tell the truth but the handiwork of the hero's fans. If you see the film after seeing the rating given here, you may never forgive IMDb !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479751/

WHAT'S HIS PROBLEM?

thineshan54321
22nd June 2007, 06:47 PM
TOPPING THE CHARTS: not a big surprise.. its a rahman album
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/top-ten-songs/tamil-cinema-topten-song-sivaji.html

thineshan54321
22nd June 2007, 06:48 PM
Thats right! http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/10/

A.ANAND
22nd June 2007, 08:46 PM

anand, record paneneengala? SPB is truly golden. He always praises Rahman. I dont think that the current MDs give SPB the respect he deserves.intha program air agi konjam naalachu nanba!!!

thineshan54321
23rd June 2007, 12:38 AM
where is dinesh/maddy? this thread is becoming really inactive. Anand and I need help to defend againt ARR attackers. Share some things about music after picturization.

thineshan54321
23rd June 2007, 12:38 AM
thats unfortunate, ill try downloading.

anand, record paneneengala? SPB is truly golden. He always praises Rahman. I dont think that the current MDs give SPB the respect he deserves.intha program air agi konjam naalachu nanba!!!

thineshan54321
23rd June 2007, 01:14 AM
guys sorry to post such an offtopic post here. COULDNT HELP IT :lol: very dissapointed
http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-others.html go to number 38,39,and 40. wow this guys sucks!! why is he compared to the great ARR? Any HJ fans, for the first time ill be happy if u guys r here and reading this. Its not too late, u can join the millions of ARR fans and enjoy his music. I thought HJ had some talent, stupid me! what a joker :lol: Hey dinesh, I remember you saying that Unnale Unnalae is doing a great job in malaysia, I hope they play the music that it was copied from on radios. Then its no longer unnalae unnalae, rather unnalae manalae :lol:

good thing shankar didnt put HJ for Sivaji. He wouldve used justin timerlakes "sexy back", it wouldve been "O Rajini back din dan O rajini back " That wouldve been the theme music. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ajaybaskar
23rd June 2007, 09:51 AM
where is dinesh/maddy? this thread is becoming really inactive. Anand and I need help to defend againt ARR attackers. Share some things about music after picturization.

I am always with u,buddy. Aayiram kaigal maraithaalum aadhavan maraivadhillai. Y do u worry about tasteless *****? Enjoy ARR's music and discuss it here..

I m trying my best to bring Maddy back to the hub. He is vexed by the actions of certain guys..

dinesh2002
23rd June 2007, 11:38 AM

hey thineshan, im here... hahaa....im actualy speechless bout those clowns who r bashing Shivaji.... esp now after some1 said YSR would have created magic in songs & bgm ... :lol:

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 12:56 PM
Is Mottai boss rap available for download anywhere?

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 01:20 PM
Sivaji BGM

http://rapidshare.com/files/38777402/Themes.rar.html

The entire Zip contains

1. Trailor music
2. Vadda Vadda Music
3. Summan Backgroud Music
4. Pannienga Kootama Than varum , Singam single than varum.
5. Mottai Rajini Background.
6. Perra kettala summa authrithala

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 01:25 PM
Mottai Boss climax fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h16lAFxa1E

thineshan54321
23rd June 2007, 06:39 PM

I am always with u,buddy. Aayiram kaigal maraithaalum aadhavan maraivadhillai. Y do u worry about tasteless *****? Enjoy ARR's music and discuss it here..

I m trying my best to bring Maddy back to the hub. He is vexed by the actions of certain guys..

o, glad to see u here ajaybaskar :D

thineshan54321
23rd June 2007, 06:43 PM

hey thineshan, im here... hahaa....im actualy speechless bout those clowns who r bashing Shivaji.... esp now after some1 said YSR would have created magic in songs & bgm ... :lol:

That was the joke of the century for me. HJinda latchanatha parthomila (did u guys see that itwofs post?), YSR oda epayo parthachu. The funny thing is HJ fans who quietly read this forum to look for opportunities to bash ARR r speechless now after i posted that. :lol: Anyways lets enjoy sivaji here. Hope maddy is here soon too.

thineshan54321
23rd June 2007, 06:44 PM
Sivaji BGM

The entire Zip contains

1. Trailor music
2. Vadda Vadda Music

Hey nice work ramakrishna. Now I know why SOME ppl complained about BGM. I think those people thought ARR recorded people screaming and made it BGM. :lol: :lol: Dont think they can differentiate between real sounds from people sitting next to them and the sound from the speakers.

A.ANAND
23rd June 2007, 07:13 PM
THINESAN,don't worry,athan sivaji world wide super duper hit ache apparam enna,songs ellam super hit.ippa theriyuthula namma boss yaarunnu!!!!ulagame sivaji songs-sa kondaduthu.ithu pothum!!!tzunami level-iku vaitherical thangga mudiyama sila peru senthe poga poranunnga sure!!! :lol:

A.ANAND
23rd June 2007, 07:15 PM
most tamilnadu media sivaji song-sa praises panni irukkanga!!!namba mudiyila ore achariyama irukku.
:clap:

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 08:23 PM
Sivaji BGM

The entire Zip contains

1. Trailor music
2. Vadda Vadda Music

That mottai boss BGM is really superb. That BGM shud have been used more often in ths movie.

thineshan54321
23rd June 2007, 09:44 PM
most tamilnadu media sivaji song-sa praises panni irukkanga!!!namba mudiyila ore achariyama irukku.
:clap:

sila paerunda paechu muucha kaanom :lol: Hope ATM maintains the same level of hype. Its vijay so it should be atleast half and if the songs are twice as much better as sivaji, then the hype will be the same. :) ARR is used to the taste of tamil people now. Or maybe tamil people are getting used to ARR's new style.

ARR fans: "Keep the fire going ARR. We are here to oil it."
HJ/YSR fan: "And we are here to pour yellow water on it! :twisted: "
ARR fans: "Ithu volcano machis, water/yellow water is inneffective. :lol: "

Ramakrishna
24th June 2007, 04:21 PM
Sivaji BGM

The entire Zip contains

1. Trailor music
2. Vadda Vadda Music

http://rs81.rapidshare.com/files/39027804/Themes.rar

This link contains two BGMs in addition to the above 6.
Sultan trailor and Sivaji title music.

anoops
24th June 2007, 04:23 PM
guys sorry to post such an offtopic post here. COULDNT HELP IT :lol: very dissapointed
http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-others.html go to number 38,39,and 40. wow this guys sucks!! why is he compared to the great ARR? Any HJ fans, for the first time ill be happy if u guys r here and reading this. Its not too late, u can join the millions of ARR fans and enjoy his music. I thought HJ had some talent, stupid me! what a joker :lol: Hey dinesh, I remember you saying that Unnale Unnalae is doing a great job in malaysia, I hope they play the music that it was copied from on radios. Then its no longer unnalae unnalae, rather unnalae manalae :lol:

good thing shankar didnt put HJ for Sivaji. He wouldve used justin timerlakes "sexy back", it wouldve been "O Rajini back din dan O rajini back " That wouldve been the theme music. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:omg: :omg: thineshan :clap: :clap: hats off to the gr8 "composer"

:rotfl: :rotfl:

anoops
24th June 2007, 04:24 PM
Sivaji BGM

The entire Zip contains

1. Trailor music
2. Vadda Vadda Music

wow!! can someone pls upload it to some other site :( rapidshare doesnt work for me!!

MusicIsLife
24th June 2007, 05:17 PM
Watched the movie yesterday in Phoenixville PA. one hour drive from my house.
After much expectations, being ardent RK fan it seems there was much lost than gained.
Movie started great, the songs are good heard outside than in the theatres. Ballelakha did not have a punch, so will surely not have any place as all time intro for RK in a movie. Movie was dragging, the comedy was just OK, it was desperate attempt by shankar to move the first half of the movie, if shankar had concentrated just a bit in the first just to make a good screenplay, it would have been gr8. Some wow's showing the plight of India was awesome, some parts of ARR music, RK, Shreya (damn the girl is sexy and awesome) and Shankar in some parts of imagining a almost fiction, song picturization of Style, Sahana and Athiradee.

Some questions:
It is very simply stupid to run a movie with an idea of a Defabrilator.
He is a Software System Architect, and has 200 Crore (how the hell did he manage to do it)
If he is such an intellect, the comedy that scenes that ensues were just cheap, sometimes making one feel irked (especially Solomon Pappaya's comment about 2 girls and showing them black, RK how could you allow this? it was such a demeaning act).

Another wow was Mottai Boss, but the gr8 thing was the super comedy timing in that.

Suman was wasted somehow. the fights were totally random not needed, it did not even show RK's quickness and the ferociousness.

Since it is a music forum, i will go back to music,
BGM was not a remarkable one, it is sub-standard (comparing ARR's BGM's). I really would love the songs (may be the videos) nothing much, Ballelakha just for Nayan.
The Rap is OK, i really like Baba rap for some reason more than this one (atleast it stuck a chord with me immediately).

I am still questioning myself to disbelief, why was such a good story lost somewhere, it was a loooooong drag.

But being an RK fan, i have to love the movie, Goog that it is not a Naatukkuoru Nallavan or Kodi Parakudhu or Adhisiya piravi, I am relieved.

And another thing, what made shankar take them nearly 2 years to make this movie? pondering,questioning and it is utter disbelief.

Probably if the movie came 2 years early, it would have made my expectations low and loved the movie more!!

thineshan54321
24th June 2007, 07:02 PM
After much expectations, being ardent RK fan it seems there was much lost than gained.
Movie started great, the songs are good heard outside than in the theatres. Ballelakha did not have a punch, so will surely not have any place as all time intro for RK in a movie. Movie was dragging, the comedy was just OK, it was desperate attempt by shankar to move the first half of the movie, if shankar had concentrated just a bit in the first just to make a good screenplay, it would have been gr8. Some wow's showing the plight of India was awesome, some parts of ARR music, RK, Shreya (damn the girl is sexy and awesome) and Shankar in some parts of imagining a almost fiction, song picturization of Style, Sahana and Athiradee.

Some questions:
He is a Software System Architect, and has 200 Crore (how the hell did he manage to do it)
If he is such an intellect, the comedy that scenes that ensues were just cheap, sometimes making one feel irked (especially Solomon Pappaya's comment about 2 girls and showing them black, RK how could you allow this? it was such a demeaning act).

Another wow was Mottai Boss, but the gr8 thing was the super comedy timing in that.

Suman was wasted somehow. the fights were totally random not needed, it did not even show RK's quickness and the ferociousness.

BGM was not a remarkable one, it is sub-standard (comparing ARR's BGM's). I really would love the songs (may be the videos) nothing much, Ballelakha just for Nayan.
The Rap is OK, i really like Baba rap for some reason more than this one (atleast it stuck a chord with me immediately).

I am still questioning myself to disbelief, why was such a good story lost somewhere, it was a loooooong drag.

But being an RK fan, i have to love the movie, Goog that it is not a Naatukkuoru Nallavan or Kodi Parakudhu or Adhisiya piravi, I am relieved.

And another thing, what made shankar take them nearly 2 years to make this movie? pondering,questioning and it is utter disbelief.

Probably if the movie came 2 years early, it would have made my expectations low and loved the movie more!!

MusicIsLife, u didnt like the movie? :( I loved it. Everybit of it. Even first half. Very entertaining.

july
24th June 2007, 07:49 PM

Some questions:

1 Year for adding effect to style song and remaining years for other song clip :lol:
Anyway i'm enjoying the movie fully... Maybe for Arr music and Rajini..

thineshan54321
24th June 2007, 11:35 PM
i dont understand why it matters whether it takes them 1 month or 2 years. Its not us working hard for 2 years. So why does it matter? The movie is worth watching many times, thats all that matters.

slperson1
25th June 2007, 12:20 AM
it does matter how long the movie takes to be made.if a movie takes 2 years to be made, one woudl believe that meticulous care was taken in every aspect of the movie.however if only 1 to two months is taken then one can let things such as story and other aspects slip.to me this moive shouldnt have taken 2 years to make.the story and screen play was weak.it felt like any other story.nothing special to it.the only reason it took two years were prolli the songs.as far as story and acting that shouldnt have taken two years.no thought was put into place with this movie other than costumes,makeup,song picturization and music.i would have enjoyed the movie if it was comprised of the style and athiradi song followed by mootai boss scenes.

i waited two years and was disappointed.it was an average movie.anniyan and gentleman were much better. and indian was 100 times better than this.nothing moved along this story.

like music for life said, the defibrilator had no logic in it.he shoulda died by that time.nor did the fights.rajini ruined teh songs once he tried to dance.and he looked out of place in the style song with his pants hiked upto his belly, nothing stylish bout that.

i feel the best part of the movie was athiradi song.it got th emost claps and whistles then the rest of the movie and had a better plot to it then the rest of the movie.

im aware imma be hounded for my comments, and receive bs about not understandin rajini,shankar etc. but i am an ardent rajini fan and shankar fan.loved all there movies cept this one.wel li feel rajini has been out of form since padaiyappa.padaiyappa was his last great movie.which was the feeling of most people in the theater.

Ramakrishna
25th June 2007, 12:34 AM
Sivaji mottai Boss rap- much clearer than the previously posted ones.

http://rs95.rapidshare.com/files/39066307/Sivaji_Rap__Mp3_.mp3

thineshan54321
25th June 2007, 02:00 AM
it does matter how long the movie takes to be made.if a movie takes 2 years to be made, one woudl believe that meticulous care was taken in every aspect of the movie.however if only 1 to two months is taken then one can let things such as story and other aspects slip.to me this moive shouldnt have taken 2 years to make.the story and screen play was weak.it felt like any other story.nothing special to it.the only reason it took two years were prolli the songs.as far as story and acting that shouldnt have taken two years.no thought was put into place with this movie other than costumes,makeup,song picturization and music.i would have enjoyed the movie if it was comprised of the style and athiradi song followed by mootai boss scenes.

i waited two years and was disappointed.it was an average movie.anniyan and gentleman were much better. and indian was 100 times better than this.nothing moved along this story.

like music for life said, the defibrilator had no logic in it.he shoulda died by that time.nor did the fights.rajini ruined teh songs once he tried to dance.and he looked out of place in the style song with his pants hiked upto his belly, nothing stylish bout that.

i feel the best part of the movie was athiradi song.it got th emost claps and whistles then the rest of the movie and had a better plot to it then the rest of the movie.

im aware imma be hounded for my comments, and receive bs about not understandin rajini,shankar etc. but i am an ardent rajini fan and shankar fan.loved all there movies cept this one.wel li feel rajini has been out of form since padaiyappa.padaiyappa was his last great movie.which was the feeling of most people in the theater.

anniyan was better? enna solureenga? personally after indian, i enjoyed sivaji the most. I havent watched a lot of rajini movies, but this is my fav. it is a movie made for just rajini. Thats why we dont need a strong story. If it was kamal, there HAS to be a story because of his acting style. With rajini we dont need that. BTW what story did u find in anniyan that makes it better than sivaji? There r novels if u want story. This is a rajini movie machi, no need. If there is scope for potraying his style, thats enough and thats exactly why the movie was made for. To portray his style. :)

slperson1
25th June 2007, 05:05 AM
there wasnt that much style.there was maybe 20 min worth of rajini moments.there was build up in anniyan, there wasnt any build up in this movie.chandramuhki lacked the rajini mannerisms and this one only had sparkling of it.sicne padaiyappa there hasnt really been rajini magic.since when did there not have to be a story?im sorry last i heard baba flopped due to the lack of one.

thineshan54321
25th June 2007, 06:40 AM
there wasnt that much style.there was maybe 20 min worth of rajini moments.there was build up in anniyan, there wasnt any build up in this movie.chandramuhki lacked the rajini mannerisms and this one only had sparkling of it.sicne padaiyappa there hasnt really been rajini magic.since when did there not have to be a story?im sorry last i heard baba flopped due to the lack of one.

well, sivaji didnt, and there r no signs of it doing so. ppl r loving the movie around the globe. Maybe once this movie becomes a roaring success in TF industry, then u will understand that story is not the only thing that can make a movie a success.

littlemaster1982
25th June 2007, 07:54 AM
RK,

Thanks a lot for sharing those BGMs.

:ty: :notworthy:

Mahen
25th June 2007, 08:03 AM
sivaji grosses Rs. 25 crores in Tamil Nadu
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
June 24, 2007
Sivaji is said to have amassed a mind-boggling Rs. 25 crores in Tamil Nadu alone. This is hands-down a national record, as no movie has collected such a huge amount in a single state. Even the much-hyped and successful Dhoom 2 grossed about Rs. 30-35 crores all over India.
Sivaji
Sivaji, which is said to be the most expensive production in the Indian film history, is expected to gain more than Rs. 130 to 140 crores in theatrical release alone across the world. And remember that the amount which we are talking about does not include the black tickets, which if included the amount would reach well over Rs. 200 crores. Sivaji has paved way for other Tamil movies to follow its trait and has also shown the power of marketing, as the movie which got released in Mumbai and Delhi pulled much bigger crowds than the Hindi biggie Jhoom Barabaar Jhoom.

As expected Sivaji is rewriting every collection records thus far and within one week of its release it has been termed a blockbuster. And not just within India, even abroad, the movie has spelt magic, and became the first Tamil movie to feature in the UK top ten. Hearty congratulations and thanks to Rajinikanth, Shankar and AVM for taking Tamil movie to the international scenario.

Slperson, nothin is stopping the sivaji 'tsunami'....

MusicIsLife
25th June 2007, 08:26 AM
as an Ardent RK fan, I have even done posters for his movies in Trichy. so being said that, as a honorable citizen, RK did not or should not have resorted to racist remarks, being fat remarks and such, you dont teach kids that. This was generating cheap laughs. yes it does not matter how long this film took to make, while they were experimenting their imaginative techniques and such, they could have penned some good jokes (Vivek is this generations Kalaivanar, where did he go? resorting to cheap laughs). As a RK movie it is unacceptable

Success can be there no matter what, but that does not mean it is full of quality.

I do accept it all started very good, there was awesome story to work with, come on a guy who stays in US for so many years does not know Defabrilator (every airport has one), this is just not right.

Again i liked the movie for RK and I have to, but there were unwarranted stuff that could have possibly been eliminated. Solomon Pappaya, he is a the person who preaches amutha mozhigal, a nasty comment by Vivek saying "theeya vittuteengala" come on.

It is not about my liking the movie is a success, Production quality was extremely good, songs were good (some of them picturization) apart from that they made some mess in the screen play, fights that were not even imaginative, See pokiri in telugu, the roof top fights were extremely good, they could have done that.

ARR BGM was not remarkable IMHO (lot of people might disagree as the best ever).

Nakeeran
25th June 2007, 08:29 AM
Sir neenga enna 17th centuryaa ?

Theatre adhirudhu .

R u from timpaktoooooooo ?

MusicIsLife
25th June 2007, 08:33 AM
Nakeeran
21st century-le irukarathunala thaan intha mathiri logic, plus jokes ellam romba cheap-a theriyuthu.

that is my opinion.

Nakeeran
25th June 2007, 08:40 AM
damn with those jokes. forget it. i am refg. to comments on ARR.

The whole theatre thunders & roars with awe when the songs >> style & >> oru kooda sunlight

thats western compo at its best & today's trend ! I think U r still not out of that carnatic mould. Better watch current movies . Trend has changed a lot .

In today's scenario, ARR is the best bet for RK movies. Thundering music . and coupled with the astounding picturisation, the song looks doubly good

Mahen
25th June 2007, 09:15 AM
A joke is a joke..Athu enna cheap joke?If it doesnt make u laugh, doesnt mean it is a cheap joke..I had a good laugh with the solomon papaiya scenes..

Pls dont look for logic when watching a movie..If you worried about logic, watch documentaries..

july
25th June 2007, 09:32 AM
Aiyarathil 5% padam nalla illa nu sonna, padam not gonna flop...
its still doing roaring bussiness... well its normal when movie release to get mixed report. so dont care much.

btw yesterday i saw Indian dvd, suprised to see Anniyan as indian second version, even anniyan got same dialogue used in indian (about the bribery), wht a shock, and climax scene BGM blatantly copied and used by HJ in Saamy climax. phew...
one more is Shankar used Bombay - Antha Arabic as bgm, wondering why this happen..

anyway some might know this b4, & its just new for me, so dont bash me up.

A.ANAND
25th June 2007, 11:55 AM
A joke is a joke..Athu enna cheap joke?If it doesnt make u laugh, doesnt mean it is a cheap joke..I had a good laugh with the solomon papaiya scenes..

Pls dont look for logic when watching a movie..If you worried about logic, watch documentaries.. :clap: :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
25th June 2007, 12:22 PM
ஹாலிவுட் படங்களை காலி செய்த 'சிவாஜி'
By JBR
"இது ஓர் அதிசயம்!" - இப்படிதான் சொல்கிறார்கள் இங்கிலாந்தில். இஙகிலாந்து சினிமா சரித்திரத்தில் ஓர் இந்தியப் படம் ஹாலிவுட் படங்களைவிட அதிக வரவேற்பை பெற்றது இதுவே முதல்முறை. இந்த சாதனையை செய்த திரைப்படம் எது என சொல்லாமலே தெரிந்திருக்கும்; அது ரஜினியின் 'சிவாஜி.'

Hotnews!

கஜோல் தங்கையின் காதல்
ஹாலிவுட் படங்களை காலி செய்த 'சிவாஜி'
கமலுக்கு பிரகாஷ்ராஜ் வேண்டுகோள்
சூப்பர் ஸ்டாருடன் சேர்ந்து நடிப்பேன் - விஜய்
'சிவாஜி' போஸ்டர்முன் பூசணிக்காய் உடைத்த விஷால்!
சந்தியா பாடிய 'மஞ்சள் வெயில்' பாட்டு
'வெயில்', 'இம்சை அரசன்...' படங்களுக்கு விருது!
வடிவேலு படத்தில் பிரகாஷ்ராஜ்?
'மாயா ராவணன்' - ஷோபனாவின் நாட்டிய நாடகம்
50 ரூபாயில் லண்டன் காட்டும் அதியமான் : தூண்டில் சுவாரஸ்யம்
ஒரு படம் இரு இசையமைப்பாளர்கள்
சிலக் நடித்த வேடத்தில் தேஜாஸ்ரீ
காந்தியின் மருமகளாக பூமிகா
more...

தமிழகத்தைப் போலவே இங்கிலாந்திலும் 'சிவாஜி' ஜுன் 15 அன்று வெளியானது. இங்கு போலவே அங்கும் ரிலீஸுக்கு முதல்நாள் சிறப்புக் காட்சிகள் திரையிடப்பட்டன. இதன் மொத்த வசூல் 37,016 பவுண்டுகள். வெள்ளிக்கிழமை பட ரிலீஸன்று 33,973 பவுண்டுகளை வசூலித்தது 'சிவாஜி.' சனிக்கிழமை இது 53,146 ஆக உயர்ந்தது. ஞாயிற்றுக்கிழமை வசூல் 43,472.

மொத்தம் 12 திரையிடல்களில் 'சிவாஜி' 167,607 பவுண்டுகள் வசூல் செய்தது. இதன சராசரி 14,050 பவுண்டுகள். இதுவொரு சாதனை. எப்படி?

இந்த வார இறுதியில் U.K. டாப்-10ல் முதலிடத்தில் 'பென்டாஸ்டிக் ஃபோர் : ரைஸ் ஆஃப் சில்வர் சாஃபர்' உள்ளது. இதன் சராசரி திரையிடல் அதாவது ஒரு ஷோவுக்கு இதன் சராசரி கலெக்ஷ்ன் 8,709 பவுண்டுகள் மட்டுமே. ஹாலிவுட்டின் பிரமாண்ட படமான 'பைரேட்ஸ் ஆஃப் கரீபியன் : அட் வேர்ல்ட்ஸ் எண்ட்' படத்தின் சராசரி 3,523 பவுண்டுகள். ஹாலிவுட்டின் மற்றொரு பிளாக்பஸ்டரான ஜார்ஜ் குளூனி, பிராட்பிட், அல்பசினோ நடித்த 'ஓஸோன்ஸ் தேர்ட்டீன்' படத்தின் சராசரி 4,531 பவுண்டுகள். U.K. டாப் 10-ல் ஆறாவது இடத்தில் இருக்கும் அமிதாப்பச்சனின் 'ஜும் பராபர் ஜும்' படத்தின் சராசரி 5,675 பவுண்டுகள். இவற்றையெல்லாம் விட 'சிவாஜி' யின் ஷோ சராசரி மிக மிக அதிகம் (14,050).

ஹாலிவுட் படங்களை வசூலில் காலி செய்த முதல் படம் 'சிவாஜி.' பனிரெண்டு திரையிடல்களில் சுமார் 1.36 கோடி ரூபாயை 'சிவாஜி' வசூலித்துள்ளது. அமிதாப்பின் படம் 47 திரையிடல்களில் வசூலித்தது சுமார் 2.31 கோடிகள் மட்டுமே!

The Boss ரஜினியா அமிதாப்பச்சனா என்ற சந்தேகத்திற்கு சந்தேகமில்லாமல் பதிலாளித்துள்ளது U.K. டாப்-10!

coucou
25th June 2007, 02:48 PM
In Sun Tv TOP 10
1-ATHIRADEE
2-ORU KUDAI SUNLIGHT

This is first time: two songs of same movie in top 10 :shock: 8-) :o

SoftSword
25th June 2007, 04:06 PM
I guess thats not something odd...
the rating is for the top 10 songs... no matter if they are from the same movie...

we should get shocked only if the movie appears in those positions twice in the top ten movies... :)

ajaybaskar
25th June 2007, 04:36 PM
I guess thats not something odd...
the rating is for the top 10 songs... no matter if they are from the same movie...

we should get shocked only if the movie appears in those positions twice in the top ten movies... :)

he was shocked bcoz it happened for the very first time in top ten's history...

lancelot
25th June 2007, 04:45 PM

good one :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe

MusicIsLife
25th June 2007, 05:03 PM
Nakeeran, Mahen, et all,
One more time, I understand a joke is a joke, thanks for letting me know that (sircasm intended), if as classic role model citizens are going to promote it, there is a bitterness in it.

You dont need to watch Documentaries for Logic, my opinion was and is will be the same however way you justify it, but you dont need to take it personally, Success does not mean it is RIGHT or make it RIGHT. I personally believe, it was a dragged out movie, when coming to songs and BGM, I have said one more time, prefer the Videos and my pick is still Style and Athiradee (the prelude also, was awesome).

If there is a director of statute like Shankar, there will be WOW moments here and there, but that will not constitute a movie, and he is good in the song picturizations except Ballelakha which did not give a bang opening for RK (this is also my opinion)

Hopefully you guys are reading the full review of mine before commenting, there seems to be an urgency in "what is the next best answer can I give" instead if you give thought, you will see the point.

I dont want to argue or provide my thoughts (sincerely lot of people like it, for me it was a OK/average movie in story (lost somewhere, a dragging screenplay) , some WOW moments, Style, Athiradee, Sahana, Sivaji song picturizations that was awesome (definitely remarkable and best up-2-date), some good jokes (MGR and Sivaji with Mottai boss) and some bad and demeaning ones.
Entertaining: i have a 50-50 opinion.

As a HC-fan of RK and to a large extent of ARR creativity, a dear liking to Shankar's movies and his style of direction, the wait did not do it for me.

MusicIsLife
25th June 2007, 05:09 PM
lancelot,
I guess in Sify all the top five positions went to Sivaji. AVS show here in the US also aired about Sivaji (first time for a Tamil Movie)

thineshan54321
25th June 2007, 07:14 PM
as an Ardent RK fan, I have even done posters for his movies in Trichy. so being said that, as a honorable citizen, RK did not or should not have resorted to racist remarks, being fat remarks and such, you dont teach kids that. This was generating cheap laughs. yes it does not matter how long this film took to make, while they were experimenting their imaginative techniques and such, they could have penned some good jokes (Vivek is this generations Kalaivanar, where did he go? resorting to cheap laughs). As a RK movie it is unacceptable

Success can be there no matter what, but that does not mean it is full of quality.

I do accept it all started very good, there was awesome story to work with, come on a guy who stays in US for so many years does not know Defabrilator (every airport has one), this is just not right.

Again i liked the movie for RK and I have to, but there were unwarranted stuff that could have possibly been eliminated. Solomon Pappaya, he is a the person who preaches amutha mozhigal, a nasty comment by Vivek saying "theeya vittuteengala" come on.

It is not about my liking the movie is a success, Production quality was extremely good, songs were good (some of them picturization) apart from that they made some mess in the screen play, fights that were not even imaginative, See pokiri in telugu, the roof top fights were extremely good, they could have done that.

ARR BGM was not remarkable IMHO (lot of people might disagree as the best ever).

when a white person calls another white person "white", thats not racism. When a brown person makes fun of other brown people, thats not racism. However, it can be harrasment, but if the person that is being made fun accepts, then it is not harrasment. So same here, rajini is not fair skinned. It is completely justifiable that he makes fun of people like himself (in a way he is teasing himself). Ellam oru comedy thaan. Apadi partha, gounder-senthil combo should have been banned from TFs. Gounder physically harasses senthil and to an extent mentally also. If they were banned, they would not remain the best comedians in history. If we realize it is for comedy it remains comedy. Once we make it serious, then it becomes serious. So dont make it serious, let it stay as a joke.

thineshan54321
25th June 2007, 07:19 PM
Aiyarathil 5% padam nalla illa nu sonna, padam not gonna flop...
its still doing roaring bussiness... well its normal when movie release to get mixed report. so dont care much.

btw yesterday i saw Indian dvd, suprised to see Anniyan as indian second version, even anniyan got same dialogue used in indian (about the bribery), wht a shock, and climax scene BGM blatantly copied and used by HJ in Saamy climax. phew...
one more is Shankar used Bombay - Antha Arabic as bgm, wondering why this happen..

anyway some might know this b4, & its just new for me, so dont bash me up.

ya it is tru that he used bombay antha arabic BGM. this is because of manisha koirala, who was at that time associated with bombay. So having bombay BGM (because it is a comedy scene), makes the scene funny (senthil is in love with manisha :lol: ).

Nakeeran
25th June 2007, 07:19 PM
MIl Sir

I will second Dineshan here.

besides, if U had observed how SS addresses Shreya before marriage, he always uses NEENGA , VAANGA etc , I mean with due respect & not today's variety of vaadaa poodaa etc. Well, that shows that he hasnt changed at all as regards giving respect to women.

Wonder why u rnt that impressed with the music ! Really its rocking & music of today !

Hear and enjoy the scintillating tune & orchestration of adhiradi

MusicIsLife
26th June 2007, 12:18 AM
Nakeeran,
I do love the songs, see my old postings.

Chelian
26th June 2007, 09:49 AM
A very entertaining RK movie. I loved it.
Athiradee song simply rocks!!!!
I know some people have commented on the downside of this movie,,,
They may have some point,,,But then again IMO no tamil movie has been 'perfect' for the past few years. Whether its Maniratnam or shankar or balachander or selvaraghavan or even ameer,.,we can find some faults somewhere...
THe best thing is to enjoy the movie without thinking much of logic.

A.ANAND
26th June 2007, 11:10 AM
A very entertaining RK movie. I loved it.
Athiradee song simply rocks!!!!
I know some people have commented on the downside of this movie,,,
They may have some point,,,But then again IMO no tamil movie has been 'perfect' for the past few years. Whether its Maniratnam or shankar or balachander or selvaraghavan or even ameer,.,we can find some faults somewhere...
THe best thing is to enjoy the movie without thinking much of logic. :2thumbsup: :cool2:

elfmaniac85
26th June 2007, 03:32 PM
Vivek Rajini comedy team was funny and nice to see. Songs+picturisation with huge $$ investment was pulled off wonderfully by Shankar. Some songs were nice as well. Storywise nothing much diff from other Shankar movies. BGM was ok at parts and irritating at times. Even though story is familiar, very clever and interesting of Shankar to bring in household faces like Solomon Bapaiah and Raja and Suman too.

Didn't like the way Rajini said "kool" BUT Rajini's screen presence is always magical. Very entertaining movie to be watched in cinemas.

thineshan54321
26th June 2007, 08:11 PM
Vivek Rajini comedy team was funny and nice to see. Songs+picturisation with huge $$ investment was pulled off wonderfully by Shankar. Some songs were nice as well. Storywise nothing much diff from other Shankar movies. BGM was ok at parts and irritating at times. Even though story is familiar, very clever and interesting of Shankar to bring in household faces like Solomon Bapaiah and Raja and Suman too.

Didn't like the way Rajini said "kool" BUT Rajini's screen presence is always magical. Very entertaining movie to be watched in cinemas.

that was the best part buddy, especially when he says after coming back to life.

MusicIsLife
27th June 2007, 03:57 AM
Vikatan has given 41 marks, a good review, Athiradee and Style Songs, All praises about Rajni, commented seriously on illogic , better luck next time to Shankar.

thineshan54321
27th June 2007, 04:41 AM
just watched it a 2nd time. what to say? Sivaji is seriously the most addictive drug ever. :smokesmirk: Now i like it even more. Shankar, Rajini, and Rahman are the best drug dealers in town. :smokesmirk: Amazing stuff :smokesmirk:

app_engine
27th June 2007, 07:34 AM
MusicIsLife,
Your picking on the 'defibrillator' is simply too much. It's not the question of whether U.S. returned hero knows about it or not (appadi ellAm logic pAkka vEndiya padam alla idhu')...rather it is about whether the audience know about it or not!

The Govt spends crores of rupees to educate masses on health issues, and still that does not reach the target audience (nadula uLLavan ellAppaNamum surutteeruvAn). OTOH, a powerful person like Rajini, through the powerful mass media, when educates the public on health issues, PEOPLE PAY MONEY HAPPILY TO GET EDUCATED!

You'll have to look at the overall positive effect of it on the society and not pick on hero, director etc...
We should welcome such scenes with both hands in movies like Shivaji - not picking on them, just for the sake of it:-( Like Vivek says in another movie, most of us get educated about a number of health issues, diseases etc. easily thru movies...

A.ANAND
27th June 2007, 08:53 AM
Vikatan has given 41 marks, a good review, Athiradee and Style Songs, All praises about Rajni, commented seriously on illogic , better luck next time to Shankar.ella pughalum rajini-ikke pona eppadi??? :( rahman-nukkum intha success-la 40% panngundu!!athu vaaralayum marukka mudiyathu :yes: athukku kumudam review ello better.they praises rahman's work in sivaji too good :thumbsup:

godfather8888
27th June 2007, 10:32 AM
Vikatan has given 41 marks, a good review, Athiradee and Style Songs, All praises about Rajni, commented seriously on illogic , better luck next time to Shankar.ella pughalum rajini-ikke pona eppadi??? :( rahman-nukkum intha success-la 40% panngundu!!athu vaaralayum marukka mudiyathu :yes: athukku kumudam review ello better.they praises rahman's work in sivaji too good :thumbsup:

anandu...arr kitte irunthu side le etachum masuk ah??full time pro mathiri nadanthukire ba!!!

ajaybaskar
27th June 2007, 12:53 PM
Watched Sivaji for the second time at Sathyam yesterday night. 100% occupancy despite of rain. 40% families, 30% individuals, 30% repeat audience which was evident when one-third of the theatre yelled "Koun Hai?" when the Saitji came in to the screen. The crowd really enjoyed the movie, esp the first half. I could witness that this movie is turning out to be one of the biggest blockbuster of all times.

I could hear the BGM clearly this time. Wow!! Man, this is the best work of ARR for Rajni. Not a person in this country can match thalaivar's ability. Iam getting addicted to the rap. Its a killer.. Could hear the music for super star logo this time and it was a refreshing change and it was far better from the previous one. Hope Shankar made this change.

MusicIsLife
27th June 2007, 07:06 PM
app_engine,
There are different type of audiences/levels, just coz I found it silly did not mean others will find it too. People are not idiots or stupid (and why should we think that way) my opinion was Shankar had an amazing story in hand, very suitable for RK , but i find it somewhere along the line the seriousness was lost.
Defabrilator is not "too-much" to opine about. BTW, As much I like parts of the movie, I dont like parts, so I do have to mention them. (May be I have lived in US too many years to notice things that really affects than anywhere else). it might be a no-issue in other parts of the world.

A.Anand,
I can agree, but I cannot talk about Vikatan not praising ARR. But I still feel it is a RAJNI movie first to begin with not to belittle anybody else.

app_engine
27th June 2007, 08:15 PM
>>People are not idiots or stupid<<

I didn't say that. However, people can be ignorant about many things...(for e.g. even you're very consistent in misspelling 'defibrillator', despite knowing about the product, having lived in U.S. for many years etc...NOM...)...Believe me, even a great % of people in U.S. do not know what a defibrillator can do (though most of them are taught about it in schools as they are also taught about variety of other resuscitation methods)...

When a movie helps in educating masses, we need to welcome that rather than nitpicking, is all what I said.

In that view, the artificial respiration, defibrillator stuff in such a mass popular movie is welcome! kudos to Shankar, Sujatha, Rajinikanth, Raghuvaran...(and anyone else involved in that)...

app_engine
27th June 2007, 08:21 PM
Others, Sorry for the digression...I don't intend to post more on that...Let's continue discussing the beautiful songs of Shivaji as well as the apt BGM...

MusicIsLife
27th June 2007, 09:22 PM
app_engine
Thanks, you guys should continue discussing it.

MusicIsLife
28th June 2007, 07:47 PM
Ajaybaskar,
Yes I did like the SUPERSTAR title music, which i forgot to mention.

A.ANAND
29th June 2007, 02:17 PM

anandu...arr kitte irunthu side le etachum masuk ah??full time pro mathiri nadanthukire ba!!!Masuk kisok onnum illai ba,ithu oru vagai sevai mathiri :)

Yathu
29th June 2007, 04:22 PM
After watching the movie, the song that im listening to the most is :swinghead: Vaaji Vaaji :swinghead: . Can't get enough of this song now!

This was my fave song when i first listened to the album, then i forgot about it for a while. Now its my fave all over again!

Which song are you guys listening to the most from the album after watching the movie?

SoftSword
29th June 2007, 04:49 PM
for me its the boss track...
its rockin completely...

Nakeeran
29th June 2007, 04:58 PM
I am yet to come out of the blazing Oru kooda sunlight ! thundering music