PDA

View Full Version : Kadhir - Maanavar Dinam

july
7th April 2007, 08:01 PM
Kollywood's new source of funding
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
April 6, 2007
Kadir who had directed films like Idayam, Kaadal Desam, Kaadalar Dinam, Kaadal virus is known for sensitive portrayal of love in his films. Music in his films will be one of the many high points. This director was in hibernation after Kaadal virus but is currently booked by Sahara Kadhir television to make a film in Tamil titled 'maanavar dinam'. Industry sources reveal that a lot of Bollywood producers are targeting Tamil directors these days as Tamil films have a good market in the international arena just like Hindi movies and profits are also assured largely. Abbas Mastan who had produced Gupt in Hindi is funding 'evano oruvan' in Tamil. It is heard that Ram Gopal Verma is keen about stepping his foot in Kollywood and Rajkumar Santoshi, Yash Chopra and UTV are discussing diverse projects in Tamil. Looks like Bollywood is spreading its wings widely and extensively.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/apr-07-01/06-04-07-kadir.html

HOPE THIS PROJECT REALLY TAKE OFF WITH A.R.R !
MISSED THIS COMBO BADLY !
WHO CAN FORGET SUPER TUNE FROM KADHAL DESAM, KADHALAR DINAM.
:roll:

rayan36
7th April 2007, 09:04 PM
Don't forget the :evil: utterly underrated :evil: Kadhal Virus

dinesh2002
7th April 2007, 09:24 PM
i think i remember he is suppose to take YSR or either HJ for his next film... i think its this 1.... this news came up somwhere last year....

thimuru
7th April 2007, 09:49 PM
this guy knows to get tunes really!

MADDY
8th April 2007, 11:22 AM
i think i remember he is suppose to take YSR or either HJ for his next film... i think its this 1.... this news came up somwhere last year....

yup thats true........also, i think he is trying for IR.... :D

eppadiyo, namma ARR-a vittu poi ozhinja seri....... 8-)

Ramakrishna
8th April 2007, 11:33 AM

yup thats true........also, i think he is trying for IR.... :D

eppadiyo, namma ARR-a vittu poi ozhinja seri....... 8-)

y?

Sanjeevi
8th April 2007, 11:38 AM
Manavar Dinam :banghead:

yet another student praising college movie

sure flop than :lol:

dinesh2002
8th April 2007, 07:20 PM

IR antha film'le irunthal, audio sales movie vidhe flop'pa pogum :lol: ... hope he opts for Vidhyasagar who def can provide good love songs which will suit his kinda love subjects.... :) HJ too will be good ... after his excellent melodies in UU & PKMC.... YSR.... wut was his last HIT Love melody?!?! :roll:

Ramakrishna
8th April 2007, 07:22 PM

IR antha film'le irunthal, audio sales movie vidhe flop'pa pogum :lol: ... hope he opts for Vidhyasagar who def can provide good love songs which will suit his kinda love subjects.... :) HJ too will be good ... after his excellent melodies in UU & PKMC.... YSR.... wut was his last HIT Love melody?!?! :roll:

yammaadi aathaadi :lol2:

Sanjeevi
8th April 2007, 07:26 PM

Good music taste :lol: keep it up :lol: :lol:

verenna solla :roll:

Ramakrishna
8th April 2007, 07:27 PM

Good music taste :lol: keep it up :lol: :lol:

verenna solla :roll:

Thank u for ur compliments :D :lol:

Sanjeevi
8th April 2007, 07:34 PM
Mr. Kathir-a yaaravathu college vittu veliyula vara sollungappa :banghead:

Idayam - Medical college (still muruali was a student :lol:)
Kadhal Desam - Fight bet two college students
Kadhalar Dinam - Another crap college film

A.ANAND
8th April 2007, 07:56 PM
pesama lalallaa pugal isai methai s.a.rajkumar'ra md'ya podalam :lol:

thimuru
8th April 2007, 07:59 PM

:lol:

poi paruthiveeran paatu kelungappa...chumma sun light moonlightnu kEtta ipdithan

ir? naan kadavul varatum :wink: :D 8-)

MADDY
8th April 2007, 08:24 PM

poi paruthiveeran paatu kelungappa...chumma sun light moonlightnu kEtta ipdithan

ir? naan kadavul varatum :wink: :D 8-)

y wait till Naan kadavul....can u tell us how was "mayakannadi"?? :roll: havent heard it yet :D

thinkfloyd
8th April 2007, 10:01 PM
While Rahman fans always talk about Mani-ARR and Shankar-ARR combinations, the ARR-Kadhir combination certainly deserves mention:
Uzhavan
Kadhal Desam [may not be timeless but was fun nevertheless]
Kadhalar Dhinam
even the natural calamity Kadhal Virus
This combination is grossly underrated.
The movie content is a totally different issue altogether :razz:

thinkfloyd
8th April 2007, 10:01 PM
this guy knows to get tunes really!
Good point!

MrJudge
8th April 2007, 10:22 PM

IR antha film'le irunthal, audio sales movie vidhe flop'pa pogum

First I don't want to post anything here. But after reading dinesh's comment............

The only super duper hit and best movie from this guy is Ithayam.

-deleted-

genesis
8th April 2007, 11:51 PM
Mr. Judge (Nattamai?)...

Do not forget, even though Kadhir's other films did not do as well as Idhayam, most of his movies have good music, and "Kadhalar Dinam" is way better than Idhayam. (It is one of the 5 best albums by ARR). Kadhir has ears for good music, and I am sure whoever he choose, we can expect good songs (the film may be crap!)

PS: I thought you grew up and stopped calling MDs with names..... Sorry, I was wrong.

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 10:32 AM
Mr. Judge (Nattamai?)...

Do not forget, even though Kadhir's other films did not do as well as Idhayam, most of his movies have good music, and "Kadhalar Dinam" is way better than Idhayam. (It is one of the 5 best albums by ARR). Kadhir has ears for good music, and I am sure whoever he choose, we can expect good songs (the film may be crap!)

PS: I thought you grew up and stopped calling MDs with names..... Sorry, I was wrong.

While Dinesh's comment was so concerned about the box office results, I just reminded him that arr has given more flops with Kathir. Not only Kathir, in genaral, no one can beat arr while considering flops at the BO. Hope he will understand the facts and think before making stupid comments.

dinesh2002
9th April 2007, 11:37 AM
Mr. Judge (Nattamai?)...

While Dinesh's comment was so concerned about the box office results, I just reminded him that arr has given more flops with Kathir. Not only Kathir, in genaral, no one can beat arr while considering flops at the BO. Hope he will understand the facts and think before making stupid comments.

i see ur angry becoz i spoke the truth....??? oops...sorry!! :lol: :lol:
lets take it ur way.... eventhough ARR films bombed ... his songs never failed along with it but still LIVES after it..... YSR?? Mabby 1 or 2 remained hit after the movie bombed.... but rest ? :lol:

Enna??? manasum vaiyirum eriyume?? ennai tiripi ketta varthai'le thithenome?? isnt it? :lol: :lol: predictable dude!!
go lah go lah... go and listen to Chennai 68 or 98... :lol:

Thimuru .... About Paruthi Veeran songs... yeah they were good... but yes, i rather listen to Sunlight than some copy-paste-from-dad-and-arr :lol: but yea...Aiyoyo was the biggest saving grace among the songs.... it lifted the movie up allot.....

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 12:13 PM
i see ur angry becoz i spoke the truth....??? oops...sorry!! :lol: :lol:
lets take it ur way.... eventhough ARR films bombed ... his songs never failed along with it but still LIVES after it..... YSR?? Mabby 1 or 2 remained hit after the movie bombed.... but rest ? :lol:

Enna??? manasum vaiyirum eriyume?? ennai tiripi ketta varthai'le thithenome?? isnt it? :lol: :lol: predictable dude!!
go lah go lah... go and listen to Chennai 68 or 98... :lol:

I am not angry but I just wanted to give you the facts dude, because you always tend to forget them. :wink:

Now you agree that annachchi's films bomb at the BO.
Be a good boy again and tell me which movie songs are hit eventhough the movies bombed after 2000 by annachchi.

MADDY
9th April 2007, 12:34 PM
Now you agree that annachchi's films bomb at the BO. Be a good boy again and tell me which movie songs are hit eventhough the movies bombed after 2000 by annachchi.

BOYS - 3 lakh units sold (CDs+Cassettes) :D ........period

MODS, PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD AND IF POSSIBLE,PLEASE DELETE IT>>>>THIS IS NOT A ARR MOVIE AND DUNNO WHAT THIS THREAD IS DOING HERE....THANKS & REGARDS :roll:

thamizhvaanan
9th April 2007, 12:39 PM
Be a good boy again and tell me which movie songs are hit eventhough the movies bombed after 2000 by annachchi.
:lol:Nattamai :shock: :water_splash: wake up from ur dream!!! :lol2:

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 12:53 PM
[quote="MADDY"]

I don't think this is true. Even if we accept this claim just for the argument sake, just one movie in the last 6 years, wow, great achievement. I hope thambi dinesh will understand the true state and open mouth only for correct reasons. Am I expecting too much from him? May be!

dinesh2002
9th April 2007, 02:09 PM
Natamai machi..... which songs by Thalaiva songs are hit eventhough the movies bombed after 2000 ??? dun have to go too far... Munbe Va/New York/Machakari - Sok, Mayilirage/Yen Anbe Aauyire/Maramkothiye - AA.... :clap: ..... vere enna venum? b4 that ?? AE, Boys, Parthale Paravasam, E20U18..... !! ?!! !!

dinesh2002
9th April 2007, 02:11 PM
[quote=MADDY]

I don't think this is true. Even if we accept this claim just for the argument sake, just one movie in the last 6 years, wow, great achievement. I hope thambi dinesh will understand the true state and open mouth only for correct reasons. Am I expecting too much from him? May be!

:lol: :lol: look whose talking??? :rotfl: :idontgetit:

muzammil_fr
9th April 2007, 02:14 PM
Admin, Thx u very much to fil my request.

NOV
9th April 2007, 02:19 PM
moving this thread to Current Topics.

ppl are discussing everything, but the subject matter. :roll:

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 03:08 PM
Natamai machi..... which songs by Thalaiva songs are hit eventhough the movies bombed after 2000 ??? dun have to go too far... Munbe Va/New York/Machakari - Sok, Mayilirage/Yen Anbe Aauyire/Maramkothiye - AA.... :clap: ..... vere enna venum? b4 that ?? AE, Boys, Parthale Paravasam, E20U18..... !! ?!! !!

I know that you can't be calm and think. Everything, both audios and movies, went to the trash can here in TN. athu sari, enngappa ithu ellam nadanthathu, Malaysia-vilaye?? so :shhh:

dinesh2002
9th April 2007, 03:37 PM

I know that you can't be calm and think. Everything, both audios and movies, went to the trash can here in TN. athu sari, enngappa ithu ellam nadanthathu, Malaysia-vilaye?? so :shhh:

u make TN sound so bad in music taste... other than UR HOUSE... this all happened :) ... normal la...Unmai'ye pesinal :shhh: nu solluvinge... so typical !! :lol:

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 04:00 PM
u make TN sound so bad in music taste...

Yeah, dinesh, TN is so bad right now, only good movies run and only good albums sell. Seems like your sevai intha tamilnattukku thevai :)

other than UR HOUSE... this all happened :)

Yeah, if we consider Tamilnadu as MY HOUSE. :lol:

dinesh2002
9th April 2007, 04:14 PM
u make TN sound so bad in music taste...

Yeah, dinesh, TN is so bad right now, only good movies run and only good albums sell. Seems like your sevai intha tamilnattukku thevai :)

other than UR HOUSE... this all happened :)

Yeah, if we consider Tamilnadu as MY HOUSE. :lol:

can we say the defination of good movies & good albums in TN are :

Good movies = remake of other languages movie
Good album = rehashes & remixes

if these r wut seling in TN [according to ur statistic]... ohh yea... then def ARR's audio wasnt a hit !!! :lol:

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 04:35 PM

if these r wut seling in TN [according to ur statistic]... ohh yea... then def ARR's audio wasnt a hit !!! :lol:

I can understand your ignorance dude. But the point here is annachchi's projects from 2k are sub-standard even comparing with these so called remakes, rehashes and remixes. So they deserve to go to trash!

Yeah, you may enlighten us how they (both movies and albums) became hits in Malaysia, will you?

dinesh2002
9th April 2007, 04:50 PM

I can understand your ignorance dude. But the point here is annachchi's projects from 2k are sub-standard even comparing with these so called remakes, rehashes and remixes. So they deserve to go to trash!

Yeah, you may enlighten us how they (both movies and albums) became hits in Malaysia, will you?

buddy, there is not ignorance here... but im speaking the truth... come on... u know it... ur jst denying it becoz of that EGO in u... its ok... and yes, his songs r pure gold pa.... it will never go to trash... :) its something like, people who apriciates GOLD will keep them in a safe place, people like u who prefers pithalai, then yes...Gold wont seem great and it goes to trash, coz u have the imitation which u think its greater than gold which u dunno sooner or later will fade... then u will know the Gold's worth :notworthy:

bro,im not gonna tell u anything... it will only waste my time .. no use telling some1 the moon gets its shine from the sun when they insist that Moon produces its own light :)

back to the topic 8-) .... :wave:

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 05:02 PM
[
back to the topic 8-) .... :wave:

ennangannaa ore philasophy-a irukku, summa touch panneeteenganna.

Anyway back to the topic now. I hope annachchi joins with Kathir again for this project and that goes to trash again at producer's cost. Is still kunjomon producing???

dinesh2002
9th April 2007, 05:32 PM
if Kadhir joins back with ARR... it would be a bang man... his music sense with ARR is simply superb...esp love duets .... but there is no confirmation rite... i mean...Manavar Dhinam sounds so " made up " tittle ... :P ...

muzammil_fr
9th April 2007, 07:11 PM
No Naatu AAAmai,
We don't want again Joint our Mozert of Asia With Kathir,
If Mega Thundar Raja Joint With Kathir, it will be super Mega thundu at BO as usual.

MrJudge
9th April 2007, 11:04 PM
No Naatu AAAmai,
We don't want again Joint our Mozert of Asia With Kathir,
If Mega Thundar Raja Joint With Kathir, it will be super Mega thundu at BO as usual.

No dude, thundunnalae namma anachchiththaan, international quality kidaikkum :)

muzammil_fr
10th April 2007, 02:11 AM
Ya As ur view, Arr atleast try International and become very Famous
see only this one, about "Paadal Thevathai" u know what is power of ARR.
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2945/02eb1.jpg
But Our Mega Thundar Raja, i never see goos response at BO, as u talk more about BO, no one his movies hit at BO in my mind expect Aridhum Ariyamal i think.

thimuru
10th April 2007, 10:19 AM
Ya As ur view, Arr atleast try International and become very Famous
see only this one, about "Paadal Thevathai" u know what is power of ARR.
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2945/02eb1.jpg
But Our Mega Thundar Raja, i never see goos response at BO, as u talk more about BO, no one his movies hit at BO in my mind expect Aridhum Ariyamal i think.

even the recent pv is a super hit!..are u in moon

sehnthan
10th April 2007, 12:18 PM
vallavan, pattiyal, puthupettai intha padamellam romba kalatukku munna vanthuchu pola...... :lol:

MrJudge
10th April 2007, 12:46 PM
Guys,

They will always forget the truth, don't bother. Yuvan climbed the ladder one by one himself and he deserves credit more than anybody else from the current MDs. No big directors, banners, lyricists and still he found his way to top. He never worked for anybody as a keyboard player/assistant music director and just learned himself everything. Isn't that cool? He will definitely achieve something big in his career, lets wait!

rsubras
10th April 2007, 02:00 PM
:) :) :)

>>Yuvan climbed the ladder one by one himself

ithai yuvan annan kettale siriparu....enga appa ennai thooki mela utkara vacharu ivanga ennadanna pudhu kadhai pesaranga nu

>>He never worked for anybody as a keyboard player/assistant music director and just learned himself everything

athaane...appa compose panna pazhaiya record, tape, CD lam irukkumbothu why shud he go and be an assistant to anyone? athaiye konjam dhoosi thatti, abaswarama irunthalum paravallenu oru rendu instrument bit ah thooki pottu potta aaha aaha sooper hit paatu nu solrathukku namma naatula niraya peru irukkangalae..

>>No big directors, banners, lyricists and still he found his way to top

ithaiye ethanai naal solla poreenga..enakku ennamo yuvan is allergic to work with big banner and huge expectations nu thonuthu......... most of his movies with the top banners had been flops in his early phase of the career.... He does not like (or shud i say afraid??) to score music for a Rajini or Kamal or Vijay or Ajith or Vikram or nowadays even Surya film...

sehnthan
10th April 2007, 02:09 PM
i've been listening to this guy since aravinthan...his music grows as long with his age...i mean his maturity....when he was 18 he got songs like 'all the best'....n when he is 28...he can compose something like 'oru naalil valkai'...amazing....n the best part is his music is all abt simplicity..... bravo.....

P/S : hope he wont leave TFM n enter HFM... after that no need to say what will happen....tamilians will get mediocre song n hindi fellars will get internationally acclaimed songs.. :cry: :cry:....:cry:

sehnthan
10th April 2007, 02:18 PM
:) :) :)

>>No big directors, banners, lyricists and still he found his way to top

ithaiye ethanai naal solla poreenga..enakku ennamo yuvan is allergic to work with big banner and huge expectations nu thonuthu......... most of his movies with the top banners had been flops in his early phase of the career.... He does not like (or shud i say afraid??) to score music for a Rajini or Kamal or Vijay or Ajith or Vikram or nowadays even Surya film...

athukkuthaan vero orutharu irukkarey...appuram ethukku yuvan....? yuvan it's not "give-me-big-directors-big-banners-big-salary-then-i'll do-music" type... let me tell u ppl one true story..if u all dont believe i dont care guys....once i approached him through his e-mail...i told him that i am a young filmmaker n very much interested to book him as MD...i told him the synopsis abt the movie....guess what he liked it....n also agreed to reduce his payment since it's a underground film...currently looking for producers to produce the movie....n i told him that i'll come down to india once i got the producers..he said ok.... he is more approachable and down to earth MD i think....

MADDY
10th April 2007, 02:55 PM
1. Guys,He never worked for anybody as a keyboard player/assistant music director and just learned himself everything. Isn't that cool?

2. He will definitely achieve something big in his career, lets wait!

1. not cool when he is the son of the "greatest" MD of TFM :lol:

2. oh innamum avaru onnum achieve pannaliya :rotfl: :rotfl: ......vandhu 10 varusam aaidichhu......raajukku ippadi oru payyana?? :shock:

sehnthan
10th April 2007, 03:17 PM
1. Guys,He never worked for anybody as a keyboard player/assistant music director and just learned himself everything. Isn't that cool?

2. He will definitely achieve something big in his career, lets wait!

1. not cool when he is the son of the "greatest" MD of TFM :lol:

2. oh innamum avaru onnum achieve pannaliya :rotfl: :rotfl: ......vandhu 10 varusam aaidichhu......raajukku ippadi oru payyana?? :shock:

1.being son for ''greatest'' MD is not his fault anyway.... :lol: and that should not restrict him become a MD

2.i think he got a lot more to achieve than what he achieved now.... u know sky is the limit for creative ppl...

MrJudge
10th April 2007, 03:27 PM
sehnthan:

Just brush off these guys aside. I don't want him to go to HFM, instead he should do private albums which can appeal to wider audience. Even if it takes time for him to do good on that front, he should continue doing it just like tfm.

sehnthan
10th April 2007, 03:34 PM
yeah Mr.Judge....i heard he is doin a private album...hope that album will rock international market...

MrJudge
10th April 2007, 04:52 PM
yeah Mr.Judge....i heard he is doin a private album...hope that album will rock international market...

Yeah, even if it does not give overnight success, he should keep composing and releasing albums on regular basis. "The Blast" was reasonably good and I liked the instrumentals alot in that album.

NOV
10th April 2007, 07:27 PM
Looks like no one is keen to discuss the music of Manavar Dhinam. Isnt there another thread on ARR vs YSR?
Pls continue there.

Sanjeevi
10th April 2007, 07:32 PM
Looks like no one is keen to discuss the music of Manavar Dhinam. Isnt there another thread on ARR vs YSR?
Pls continue there.

:rotfl:

muthalla appadi oru padam varuthuna confirm illa :lol: