PDA

View Full Version : Responsibility of Media in India

seran
10th April 2007, 11:48 AM
Of late I have been seeing many articles in Rediff about Rajini and other tamil movies, which immediately triggers fight between northies and southies, especially Tamilians. This I feel is a intentional act by them just to increase the number of hits to their site.

For example the article of Veyyil going to Cannes, and Sivaji audio review got into extreme fights between the northies and south people. Immediately after 2 days they gave a news "Rajini watches a kannada film in Bangalore". This also triggered the one of the unwanted fight. Yesterday, they posted the images of Sivaji, after almost 10 full days after they were release in other sites, just to trigger another regional fights.

This is not the problem only with Refiff but with most of the Indian websites, to write something sensitive and enjoy the fight going on.

And in CNN-IBN, earlier they had a program "South India is better developed than North India says CNN IBN”, where they said some good points about SI, and suddenly start accusing about SI's like the South Indian women are more conservative. A north indian reporter was not happy about this and wrote about it her blog:
http://nitawriter.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/are-south-indians-superior-to-north-indians/

And Times of India paper is one of the junkest I have seen(Dinathandhi la kavarchi padam podara madhiri, adhukkunne daily oru section dedicate pannaranga, just to increase the subscription :( ). This is not what a newspaper should be doing, just to increase the no. of subscribers. It is responsible for bringout any social issues and try to get it solved. I feel Hindu is better (Only compared to other newspapers)

Does the media in India forgot its responsibility?