PDA

View Full Version : AR || Yuvvraaj | Subhash Ghai | Salman Khan ||

Pages : 1 [2]

directhit
5th November 2008, 08:59 AM
Shano Shano http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/sskfZV43/3/Shano-Shano-Yuvvraaj.html

A.ANAND
5th November 2008, 03:04 PM
YUVVRAJ MUSIC OF THE YEAR BY T-SERIES
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=musicoftheyearld1.jpg

:bluejump: :bluejump: :redjump: :2thumbsup: :clap:

thanks kadavule! :D

ajaybaskar
5th November 2008, 06:17 PM
Its Tu Muskura FOR ME...Wat a song??? Classic to the core

thamizhvaanan
6th November 2008, 08:30 AM
Yesterday i saw a small interview with subhash ghai.
In that he told that at first whn "Tu mere dost hai " was tuned and completed subhash ghai got addicted to the small bit of "tu muskura" which comes in between the song "tu mera dost hai.." ..the tune kept on coming to his mind again and again and he began to hum the tune all the time unknowingly...thats when he went to ARR and said why cant we create a new song with that tune....and ARR agreed..

thats how " TU MUSKURA " was born...

arr yahoo group

Ghai is the GUY :lol: he has a great ear for music 8-)

nalla velai ghai-ya gay innu sollama ponningale maddy! :lol:

this guy has a great sense of tune selection.......to me, poraale ponnuthaayi, hum hain iss pal yahan are the best 'pallavis' that ARR has composed.....one of them is Ghai's 8-)

I've always had the feeling that Hum hai is pal yahan is the tune of WOHE theme song reworked (or the other way around)

Likewise, Tu Muskura seems to have grown out of main melody of Jage hain from Guru. Anyone has the same feeling? :huh:

MADDY
6th November 2008, 09:32 AM
Likewise, Tu Muskura seems to have grown out of main melody of Jage hain from Guru. Anyone has the same feeling? :huh:

indha madhiri sila pala engineering, re-engineering, reverse-engineering ellam sagajam dhaane paa :lol: .....but honestly i dont see the connect :?

lancelot
6th November 2008, 10:54 AM

indha madhiri sila pala engineering, re-engineering, reverse-engineering ellam sagajam dhaane paa :lol: .....but honestly i dont see the connect :?

i love both songs dearly, but don't really see the connection

also been wondering in recent times what song is better?
Hawa Sun Hawa - ADA or
Tu Muskura - Yuvvraaj
hmmmmm

hehe
:D

Scale
6th November 2008, 11:29 AM
[tscii:06a7d2977d]TV,

In both the cases I don’t perceive any connection. HHIPY may sound coherent due to the the periodic feel and orchestra. But its different. That’s a lovely theme extended in Flute & Piano version! My Wish Comes True is also great..

Tu Muskura & Jaage Hain are entirely different. I cant relate.

Its Tu Muskura! Alka sounds incredible & it’s a soothing melody from ARR. I am a solo lover and still addicted to JTYJN - Runa Rizvi version. indha maadhiri paata thaan naan ARR kitterndhu edhirpaarkiren. Seriously addicted! ManMohana is another strong contender. 2008 has been fantastic year for ARR. Javed ali is lovely in Jashne Bahara! More than male versions, female singers are rocking. ARR have to come something like NYN in Kajri to beat all..

How can I miss Avaram poo from Poo? Chinmayi :notworthy:
[/tscii:06a7d2977d]

littlemaster1982
6th November 2008, 11:33 AM
Scale,

You missed Ishq Ada Hai (Parul Mishra) :shock: That's the song of the year for me :notworthy:

Scale
6th November 2008, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear LM.

I prefer male version... I have my own preference and the reason being its a sufi song, the genre itself... You need to listen a lot of Nusrat & Rahet's songs for better understanding . IMO, Mostly Female voice doesnt fit sufi songs that well the voice has to be robust like Abida Parveen, Zila Khan. Parul Mishra is fresh and voice doesnt fit perfect. Dont know Why ARR choose her for female version?Listen to Sapna Awasthi - Chaiya Chaiya song or others! Why sukhwinder?

Good, like you many liked it....and whats awful is ADA is almost forgotten :cry: My fav is "Hain Dard"!

thamizhvaanan
7th November 2008, 11:52 AM
lol.. Guys.. i knew everyone would say it... its just me who felt that there is a connection, or possibility that ARR tweaked one tune to arrive at the other tune.

:)

dinesh2002
7th November 2008, 01:44 PM
Malaysian guys, is the CD available here now???

A.ANAND
7th November 2008, 05:02 PM
Malaysian guys, is the CD available here now???
theriyaliye appu! :)

Nerd
7th November 2008, 10:29 PM
Scale, I strongly condemn your views on Ishq Ada Hai (Parul Mishra). :twisted: There is a fan club for that song in TF section. AFAIC, not a single days has passed without listening to that song once. Song of the year 8-)

Yuvraaj - Very good. The music is not as commercial as Taal and I am not sure how well it will be received by the masses. The movie's cast is uninspiring :oops:

Scale
7th November 2008, 11:14 PM
You are welcome Nerd :) Song of the year? :shock: There are several songs. If you have checked itwofs-karthiks recent picks regularly there are several worthy songs for the year. Okay, Its all your opinions and good for Parul Mishra & his fans (if so any?) ARR shud be happy if he may not have any other song in his mind. My views are aired on my personal listening to Sufi-Genre.

Aside, Truely Yuvaaraj is a fantastic soundtrack as far the movie is concerned Ghai's movies are always hopeless. I dont know how we was left to survive in B/w for decades or its a well known fact the industry itself a garbage godown (very few exceptions..).

Remember Kisna :wink: Whatever I have seen all his works are creepy-crawly. ARR says Ghai has got a great musical sense :banghead: , Why not suggest him to apply half of it in his movies :)

Scale
7th November 2008, 11:19 PM
By the time I post I am listening to Yuvaraj Soundtrack & switched to Jodha Akbar BGM's Khwaja mere khwaja and that flute version of Man Mohana is :Divine: JA is album of the year :thumbsup:

prasana84
7th November 2008, 11:54 PM
By the time I post I am listening to Yuvaraj Soundtrack & switched to Jodha Akbar BGM's Khwaja mere khwaja and that flute version of Man Mohana is :Divine: JA is album of the year :thumbsup:
JA is the less impressed album for me this year. Except two good songs. Yuvvraj chancesey ila. ada ultimate. sakarakatti is also good.

thamizhvaanan
8th November 2008, 09:57 AM
Khwaja mere Khwaja is the soundtrack of the year :notworthy: JA akbar is a brilliant album on the whole... beautiful tunes, exotic instruments, brilliant orchestration.. top notch singing.. what else could one ask for? :notworthy:

A.ANAND
8th November 2008, 10:02 AM
YUVVRAJ is the winner :2thumbsup: album of the year :yes:

prasana84
8th November 2008, 10:22 AM
Same but ada album kuda sooperu. for me both these are album of the year. ishq ada songa marakka mudiyuma?

prasana84
8th November 2008, 10:33 AM
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=iecw3lo-ZLQ

Shanno shanoo song promo

A.ANAND
8th November 2008, 12:51 PM
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=iecw3lo-ZLQ

Shanno shanoo song promo
hope the movie become super hit!

A.ANAND
9th November 2008, 06:45 PM
vijay prakash on mann mohini [yuvvraj]

http://in.youtube.com/watch?
v=uuLgSS6MVlE&feature=related

rayan36
12th November 2008, 09:27 AM
Same but ada album kuda sooperu. for me both these are album of the year. ishq ada songa marakka mudiyuma?

i prefer ada too....

prasana84
12th November 2008, 11:04 AM

i prefer ada too....
Same ada n yuvvraj are album of the year. don't forget still a album is yet to come.

A.ANAND
12th November 2008, 11:27 AM

i prefer ada too....
rayan,neenga innum yuvvraj song-sa review pannla innu nenakiren!

rayan36
12th November 2008, 01:44 PM

i prefer ada too....

nariye tharuve kedhiden but yennaku yuvraaj vida ada than supera irukku....wait pani papom....

A.ANAND
12th November 2008, 05:52 PM

i prefer ada too....

nariye tharuve kedhiden but yennaku yuvraaj vida ada than supera irukku....wait pani papom....
:shock:

A.ANAND
18th November 2008, 06:13 AM
Yuvvraaj's music bash: A grand success
November 17th, 2008

When you talk about music, Subhash Ghai's Yuvvraaj is topping the charts everywhere..

Subhash Ghai's Whistling Woods, Filmcity witnessed the success party of Yuvvraaj on 17th Nov.2008. the celebrity list included the whole cast of the film Yuvvraaj (Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Zayed Khan, Anil Kapoor, Subhash Ghai, A.R. Rehman, Gulzar, Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal and Kishan Kumar).

While Salman and Zayed Khan had fun pulling Anil's leg all the time, Katrina Kaif had kept it to herself all the time (reading some book most of the time). The spectacular babe had come all the way from Goa, just for a day so that she could make it to the success of Yuvraaj's music.

A.R. Rehman, Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal wooed the media and press by humming a few lines from the movie.

Gulzar Sahab was very much complimented by everyone, especially by Subhash Ghai (for his lyrics, offcourse). The combination of the three (A.R. Rehman, Subhash Ghai and Gulzar) have come together after 9 years. Their last combined effort was seen in Taal (1999).

Everyone was looking great as usual. Katrina was looking stunning in a golden backless gown.. .The event was hosted by Siddhartha Kannan, who was certainly at his best that time.

Light and heavy humors (mostly by Salman and Zayed) filled in the black space and the event was a success for sure.

source:arr fans yahoo@groups.com

A.ANAND
19th November 2008, 08:15 AM
[tscii:6898be7433]CELEBRATED THE SUCCESS OF YUVVRAJ MUSICAL
Musical giants T Series and legendary Showman Subhash
Ghai's Mukta Arts celebrated the success of Subhash Ghai's musical extravaganza Yuvvraaj at Whistling Woods on Nov 17 at 5pm. The musical celebration of this multi-starrer saw the entire cast and crew of the film descending at the venue.

The legendary showman Subhash Ghai, music mogul Krishan Kumar, stars Anil Kapoor, Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Zayed Khan along with AR Rahman legendary lyricist Gulzar, Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal spoke on the magnificent music of the Ghai magnum opus.

"The success of the music depends upon the quality and power of music first, but more than that, it depends how it reaches to maximum people. Today we all give full marks to T-Series to make the music of Yuvvraaj heard and appreciated the world over within a month… It is their passion and love to bring Yuvvraaj on top of the charts… congrats and thanks to every member of T-Series"… said an elated Subhash Ghai.

Added an equally enthusiastic Bhushan Kumar, "We had an overwhelming response to a truly fantastic sound-track. All across the world, the music is scaling to the top of the charts. The music has worked wonders on all platforms -- physical, digital and radio stations… This Subhash Ghai-A R Rahman–Gulzarji's combo is simply superb!"

Krishan Kumar expressed his happiness at the success of the music while AR Rahman said it was only a person like Bhushan Kumar who could put the album out in the market in record time and that was laudable and the response to the music spoke of its success. Sonu Nigam and Sreya expressed their feelings about the music and even hummed a few lines. The normally elusive AR Rahman did a bit of humming himself.

Humour ruled the roost with the wisecracks of Salman boosted by Showman Ghai. Zayed Khan and Anil Kapoor played on sportingly. Katrina was pretty and emcee Siddarth Kannan did a bit of the questioning himself turning journalist on the podium.

Yuvvraaj is a musical story of a fragmented family of three brothers Set in Prague and Vienna, this musical extravaganza tells a story of two brothers Salman Khan and Zayed Khan who are in desperate need of money, and have to woo their eldest brother, Anil Kapoor to share their inherited property left by their late father. The father in his 'will' had left the entire property worth billions to his eldest son Anil Kapoor, who is mentally undeveloped, challenged for his age, and is a tough nut to crack. The leading lady Katrina Kaif is a musician and the beloved of Salman Khan in the film. She plays the catalyst in this family drama through the echo of her music.

As though to mark it Salman was presented the musical instrument from the film by Katrina, while Katrina herself was presented a painting of hers by an artist. Salman gave her the work and expressed his appreciation for the artist as well.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news-releases/subhash-ghai-bhushan-kumar-toast-yuvvraaj-musical-success#story[/tscii:6898be7433]

MADDY
19th November 2008, 10:24 AM
Yuvraaj releasing on 21st october :shock:

Sathyam bookings open :)

ajaybaskar
19th November 2008, 10:45 AM

I am not sure how good the film wud be...

Subhash ghai is more sort of our own TR. He was giving hits only in his early days. Yaadein, Kisna are mega flops.... :cry:

baba88
19th November 2008, 01:44 PM
Is Yuvvraaj really the best selling audio of the year ? I hope that Gajini doesn't get released this year so that ARR could win all prizes this year with Jodha Akbar, Jaane Tu, Yuvraaj and next year he wins all prizes with Gajini

SoftSword
19th November 2008, 01:46 PM

Subhash ghai is more sort of our own TR. He was giving hits only in his early days. Yaadein, Kisna are mega flops.... :cry:

it would turn out to be a dragging movie with too much of music i guess...

MADDY
19th November 2008, 03:54 PM

it would turn out to be a dragging movie with too much of music i guess...

lets see.... :)

Mahen
19th November 2008, 06:59 PM

:shock: Release aacha? :D

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 06:03 AM
Catch Rahman, Salman sing Yuvvraaj

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/nov/19video2.htm

prabakarramalingam
21st November 2008, 09:24 AM
[tscii:9e9b67b00b]URL: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/moviereview/3738059.cms?in_showcase

HE'S the last of the showmen left, apart from Yash Chopra, who seems to have taken a break from direction. Yes, not so long ago, Subhash Ghai was a synonym for Bollywood's opulent extravaganzas of the '80s-'90s, when cinema was still a larger-than-life narrative about good versus evil. Remember Karz , the original, Karma , Ram Lakhan , Khalnayak , Taal ...an era of cinema where the formula not only held sway, but was a grand success too.

The onslaught of new storytellers and new styles may have pushed the old guard into the background, but it failed to dim the passion. Today, after a lean phase, the veteran filmmaker returns with Yuvvraaj , a grandiose film that has lots to boast about, even though it falters here and there in terms of script and narrative.

Topping the list of positives is AR Rahman's scintillating music score which brings to life Gulzar's poetry with sublime fluidity. And since the film is essentially set against a musical backdrop, where Katrina and Salman are members of an Austrain orchestra, Rahman's ode to Beethoven seems in perfect sync with the script.

Secondly, it's the aesthetics of the film which leaves a lasting impression. Mostly shot in Prague and Austria, the film is picture-postcard perfect, with cinematographer Kabir Lal capturing the exotic locales in splendid hues. And finally, the film scores with its performances, especially by Salman Khan who essentially plays himself — a super brat — with perfect elan.

He is the prodigal son, who was thrown out of the family mansion by his father because of his sibling rivalry with his mentally challenged elder brother, Anil Kapoor. As a choir boy in Prague, he finds a soulmate in cellist Katrina Kaif, but cannot marry her since her dad (billionaire Boman Irani) doesn't approve of his impoverished situation.

Hoping to change his fortunes after the death of his dad, he rushes home to inherit the family millions, only to realise there's nothing left for him and his younger, equally roguish brother, Zayed Khan. Nerd Anil has been declared the sole heir, with sundry greedy relatives eyeing the moolah around him. Time for the dysfunctional family to outwit each other and split or to outsmart the outsiders and come together, once again....

Essentially a tale of three brothers, who rediscover their ties after hating each other for years, Yuvvraaj does have some fine moments of bonding between Salman and Anil. Zayed, however fails to connect and remains the outsider in this Trimurti, though surprisingly, Katrina does manage to hold her own in this bhai-bhai business. We do wish the duo (Katrina-Salman) had more time to set the screen on fire with their crackling chemistry, especially since all that we manage to get is a tantalising teaser with Katrina handcuffing a bare-chested Salman with her silken scarf. Kendi pump up the jam, janah!

On the flip side, the story hangs loosely in the middle and winds up in a mothballed climax, where old-fashioned baddies try to bump off the goofy Anil Kapoor who does an Eeshwar all over again. But Salman Khan and AR Rahman more than make up for the lapses, carrying you off on a sonata and a song. Watch Yuvvraaj for an in-fashion retro feel. [/tscii:9e9b67b00b]

Thalafanz
21st November 2008, 10:32 AM
Yuvaraaj has released in Malaysia. :)

Reality
21st November 2008, 01:33 PM
All songs are picturised well..
as an order i will rate like
Dilk rishtha,mastham mastham,tu meri dost hei,shano shano,
tu muskura,manmohini,zindagi zindagi..
As a BGM side there were two bits one happy birthday bit and another a african style dance bit..
And finally in end credits all the songs used in a remix style ..Its like a party with all are dancing..all the artists are appearing on the stage..ar rahman,gulzar,subash ghai,..etc..

Thalafanz
21st November 2008, 01:35 PM
And finally in end credits all the songs used in a remix style ..Its like a party with all are dancing..all the artists are appearing on the stage..ar rahman,gulzar,subash ghai,..etc..

Wow, ARR apearing on screen after long time. :swinghead:

SoftSword
21st November 2008, 01:46 PM
how good is the movie....
willl it be a hit or not?

A.ANAND
21st November 2008, 02:16 PM
YUVVRAJ MOVIE-REVIEW

http://www.freshnews.in/movie-review-yuvvraaj-99304

A.ANAND
21st November 2008, 02:18 PM
Yuvvraaj movie: Good entertainment. Go See It

went to see it, 9:00 AM show at Velocity,
without expecting much from
the movie, considering the recent shabby offerings of Ghai.

but, I was in for a surprise.

Yes, Subhash Ghai has done it. He has given a good movie. It is full of
entertainment. Nowhere you would bored. Though, it is not keeping you
hanging on the seat's edge like original Karz as there is no such
suspense in it, it is not going to make you clap on dialogues like
Kalicharan and Vishwanath, it is not making you to break into dance like
Khalnayak, still you would not look at your watch to find how much time
has passed and you wouldn't wish that it finishes soon and you go away
to your home.

Ghai has transformed drastically. It is a modern day picture. Full of
soft emotions and poetic romance.

Loosely knit around a family drama, but it was a great relief that there
is no melodrama, no tear-jerker. When he started showing all those oddly
described complicated family equations, all those villainous relatives,
all that Machiavellian planning for property, for a moment I got worried
that Ghai is back to his usual, torn, worn line, but, no. That part was
just a backdrop for the story and the film continued on its modern theme.

Money is spent like anything. Somewhere graphics special effects are
also there that look neat.

Cinematography is superb.

Katrina is shown as emotional, caring as well as intelligent. And that
is saying a lot for the leading lady on the silver screen nowadays. Her
presence makes the screen alive. No there is no vulgarity in it. Even
her so-hyped hot scene with Salman are also quite decent and naughty.
You can see the movie with family, with kids, with elders.

The second find of the film is Anil Kapoor. Compared to Taal's wordly
wise, get-what-i-want, pragmatic, realistic guy, here he goes to other
extreme playing a mentally retarded adult. But he did superb. Odd that
he was not given a lady pairing with him.

No, as was indicated by the storyline tips earlier, he is not a
connoisseur/ singer/ collector of classical music. He is just a normal,
exploited retarded man. Knowing that Salman is in music line, Anil goes
with Salman where Salman's music group finds a place for Anil's singing
and it comes out that he had a natural talent for classical singing.

Salman looks aged and even plump to the verge of appearing fat. Still,
he fitted in his role quite well. Earlier storyline tips indicated that
he promises to earn 40 billions in a few days to get married to Katrina,
but no, on knowing that his (salman's) billionaire dad is dead, Salman
sure of fetching a big enough share in the inheritance, makes the
commitment of becoming a billionaire in 40 days.

Zayed looks much younger, better, much classier than Salman though
Zayed's character wasn't develop with such finese.

Boman Irani, as Katrina's dad has done great. Natural comedy, various
phases of personality all are presented with great finesse.

Mithun Chakrovorty, as the family lawyer has also suited quite OK,
though nothing much was there for him to do.

I must say that even though there is no direct relation in the story
line of this film with Taxi No. 9-2-11, still the basic theme of
transformation brought in a a spoilt, cunning, worldy-wise, masti-seeker
brat (John in 9-2-11, and Salman and Zayed in Yuvvraaj) was shown much
better with a great natural finese in 9-2-11

And if you want to know about the song and music - he he he - This is
the best treatment given to ARR's music and BGM that I had seen in a
long time. Of course, there is no comparison with Shankar's and Mani's
treatment to our man's offering, still all songs are well, great,
superbly done. Beautiful picturisations of the songs also.

No song really is necessary for the loose story, still no song appears
boring, no song hinders the story. You would love to see the song and
would enjoy them all like anything.

The film starts with "Main Hoon Yuvvraaj" on Salman, Katrina. Yes, the
Salman intro and "Tu Meri Dost Hain" are in continuation. Beautifully
done. Katrina's part portrays poetic romance so well.

I am forgetting the sequence, but I think, then there is "Tu Muskura",
and "Mastam Mastam" on the two.

Then, Shano Shano has Zayed also.

Zindagi is primarily on Anil Kapoor and Katrina. yes, there is a small
triangle when Anil Kapoor feels love for Katrina, but Salman trashes it
soon and fast. Zindagi is in two parts.

Manmohini is also on Anil Kapoor singing in Salman/ Katrina troup's
rehearsal. This is shown even shorter than the tiny CD version, and the
remaining part is shown in the closing title I guess.

the climax is ""dil ka rishta pak jaane de" on stage on Anil Kapoor
where Katrina plays an instrument and Salman, Zayed also appear.

Closing title has Shano Remix, I guess. I haven't heard that much so not
sure. Or it could be a different long BGM having mixture of other songs
of the movie.

Please feel free to correct if something above is wrongly mentioned.

--
So, go see it, with anyone and everyone. You would all enjoy it.

Thanks Ghai sir. Keep it up.

Reality
21st November 2008, 03:50 PM
how good is the movie....
willl it be a hit or not?
movie is simple..worth for a watch..not boring..
songs are the major highlight..all are picturised well..
it will be a hit!

SoftSword
21st November 2008, 05:55 PM
both rediff and sify hav rated Yuvvraaj one and half stars... and called it a useless dud....

villan007
21st November 2008, 09:47 PM
http://buzz18.in.com/reviews/movies/review-salman-khans-yuvvraaj/98471/0

You'd rather kill yourself than watch this Salman-Katrina starrer

:oops:

MADDY
22nd November 2008, 08:27 AM
http://buzz18.in.com/reviews/movies/review-salman-khans-yuvvraaj/98471/0

You'd rather kill yourself than watch this Salman-Katrina starrer

:oops:

yashraj-SRK movie "rab de banaya jodi" is releasing, adhukaana ground work idhu :lol2:

wasnt able to go to the show yesterday due to very heavy rains in chennai( :shock: ).........rescheduled it to today 6:30PM, hoping for a decent movie - rest will be taken care by GOD 8-)

Movies
22nd November 2008, 09:06 AM
I am so happy Yuvraaj is turning out to be a damp squib.
Right from the start I hated the music ( refer back in this thread) I still am finiding it hard to come to terms with the Meastro coming out with such a mediocre score for a MUSICAL, that too based on
' Western classical'.
Finally Rahman has falterred in a territory.

Yuvraaj is going to the trash along with Parasuram IMHO. Atleast Rahman will say Bye to Ghai from now on.

thineshan54321
22nd November 2008, 09:54 AM
Right from the start I hated the music ( refer back in this thread) I still am finiding it hard to come to terms with the Meastro coming out with such a mediocre score for a MUSICAL, that too based on
' Western classical'.

Yuvraaj is going to the trash along with Parasuram IMHO. Atleast Rahman will say Bye to Ghai from now on.

why would someone's failure make u happy? u can hate a movie. u can like a movie. w/e ur opinion. but to say that yuvraaj turning out bad makes you happy just shows that u have hatred for someone involved. grow up.

A.ANAND
22nd November 2008, 10:41 AM
' Western classical'.

pullarikuthu movies sir!better u join HJ's fans club! :D :clap: :cool2:

Movies
22nd November 2008, 11:43 AM
Comeon Guys,

yeah I might have said something that is not reasonable... but it's just frustration. Lately the number of letdown by Rahman's directors have been far too many.

Guess_Me
22nd November 2008, 12:58 PM
Wow! Never thought I would see Yuvvraaj and Parasuram mentioned in the same page. You seriously need to get a new set of ears.

A.ANAND
22nd November 2008, 01:05 PM
movies sir,

yuvvraj movie-ya vidunnga,but yor comparision yuvvrajsongs with parasuram! :omg: arr-rai intha alavukku yaarum kevala paduttamattanga!athuvum neenga! :huh:

Movies
22nd November 2008, 02:22 PM
Qiute honestly, from Day one Yuvraaj never found my favour. I tried so hard, countless hours on my iphone, ipod, computers, my home theater system, car. The Rishta song and manmohini were the only good ones for me. Beleive me I tried so hard, so many times.
I was so glad seeing all the good reviews when the audio came out. Now u guys can see all the negative reviews for the movie and music.

I dont care what you guys think. I was & am a Rahmaniac & will be a Rahmaniac, but at times a sour grape is sour, taste does vary! The oly reason for comparing yuvraaj and parasuram is as follows. I distinctly remember the gut wrenching feeling I had after listening to Parasuram, Yuvraaj takes me back in time! Sorry guys, but I speak my heart, thats what a Rahmaniac should do.

Let us move on to Ghajini and celebrate JA, Ada, JTYJN, sakarakatti and Slumdog Millionaire.

prasana84
22nd November 2008, 02:29 PM
Qiute honestly, from Day one Yuvraaj never found my favour. I tried so hard, countless hours on my iphone, ipod, computers, my home theater system, car. The Rishta song and manmohini were the only good ones for me. Beleive me I tried so hard, so many times.
I was so glad seeing all the good reviews when the audio came out. Now u guys can see all the negative reviews for the movie and music.

I dont care what you guys think. I was & am a Rahmaniac & will be a Rahmaniac, but at times a sour grape is sour, taste does vary! The oly reason for comparing yuvraaj and parasuram is as follows. I distinctly remember the gut wrenching feeling I had after listening to Parasuram, Yuvraaj takes me back in time! Sorry guys, but I speak my heart, thats what a Rahmaniac should do.

Let us move on to Ghajini and celebrate JA, Ada, JTYJN, sakarakatti and Slumdog Millionaire.
Tu muskura, manmohini, dil ka rista, zindagi are classics. u can never compare any album with this in the recent arr albums. many r sayin this is better than taal. trust me one can do an another yuvvraj. its an awesome album

Movies
22nd November 2008, 03:28 PM
It's one thing saying Yuvraaj is great, but calling it superior to Taal hmmm.....
Let us not be like Vijay / Ajith fans, e are not mere fans, we are Rahmaniacs, we accept differences and opinions. Take a look at the ARRfas group all kind of reviews are posted, unlike any other fan sites which are rstricted to glorifying their Idols.

Scale
22nd November 2008, 05:00 PM
I can understand Movies point. The album has a sloppy feel when you listen to Shano/Remix/Mastam/ Zindagi sounds very southish. ARR has to seriously work on packing it right. Its right time to get rid of these remixes. IMO, ARR has done his job satisfactorily. Tu Muskura, DilRishta, Manmohini & Tu Mera Dost Hain. What more ARR can do with that white pumpkin like him and look at his cast salman-katrina-anil-zayed? That speaks ill in volume.

But Movies thats a hastily derived derrogatory statement to put Yuvraaj & Parasuram in the same place. Not atleast from you. We respect your opinion and we dont have problems in inviting negative criticism if its true. FH is not the place like Ajith/Vijay/Surya (i really dont know their groups) which is just glorifying their idols. You need to check tamil films forum at times to check the level of criticism (I have thrashed Vaaranam Aayiram) Even I have posted negative reviews SOK (3 songs), Sivaji, Sakkarakatti, Yuvraaj, Ada (Forgettable) for ex.

I agree musically, Taal is much superior than Kisna (just 2 songs not countable) & Yuvraaj. No Second thoughts!

Lets move on....

dinesh2002
22nd November 2008, 05:56 PM
Well, Movies, im surprised " Tu Muskura" and " Tu Mera Dost Hain" didnt amaze u. i really think this 2 numbers r enough to make me forget Taal album. and then we have Manamohini and Dil Ka Rishta to back it up, which overall sums as a " Better album than Taal" , for me atleast....

The Shano Remix is very enjoyable... Mastam Mastam is another peppy number and ofcource, we have Shano Shano, another " Lakeer " kinda number.

but overall i think Yuvvraaj is a winner....

Tu Muskura is a number which can overshadow any of ARR's songs this year...... :)

A.ANAND
22nd November 2008, 06:23 PM
Well, Movies, im surprised " Tu Muskura" and " Tu Mera Dost Hain" didnt amaze u. i really think this 2 numbers r enough to make me forget Taal album. and then we have Manamohini and Dil Ka Rishta to back it up, which overall sums as a " Better album than Taal" , for me atleast....

The Shano Remix is very enjoyable... Mastam Mastam is another peppy number and ofcource, we have Shano Shano, another " Lakeer " kinda number.

but overall i think Yuvvraaj is a winner....

Tu Muskura is a number which can overshadow any of ARR's songs this year...... :)

yessssssssssss!yaaru enna sonnalum[we vut respect athers opinion] yuvvraj is the 4 me :yes: :victory: winner!

Movies
22nd November 2008, 09:50 PM
I revisited Parasuram. Ok, Yuvraaj is not Parasuram, I stretched it too much. Apologies fellow Rahmaniacs!

Wait a minute, what am I doing here, Ghajini ROCKSSS!

Mahen
22nd November 2008, 10:33 PM
Yuvraj :clap: :clap: Musical treat :notworthy: :notworthy: The story was :hammer: :sigh2: It was about annan-thambi pasam..Subhash ghai has lost his Midas touch..Even technically the movie was only average...Zayed and Salman just cant act :twisted: Despite many flaws, its ARR, Katrina and Anil Kapoor who save Yuvraj..Anil kapoor was :rotfl: KAtrina was gorgeous...ARR songs really looked good on screen and it was picturized well..Watch out for ARR's special appearance towards the end 8-)

rayan36
23rd November 2008, 11:23 AM
guys whats wrong with the shano remix....i loved it, i know it didn't mix with other songs in the album, but its a cool song...

anyway my pick from this album is tu muskura...im listening to this song every day a couple of times...the least is mastam...its feels like so simple for my hearing...the second after tu muskura is manmohini..WOW now this is what i call ARR MAGIc...

A.ANAND
23rd November 2008, 12:24 PM
Musical Maestro's Notes On YUVVRAAJ

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/16849.html

MADDY
23rd November 2008, 05:58 PM
watched Yuvvraaj - hmmm, watchable :) .....its a good movie in the sense, a very simple plot and the screenplay moves like a novel.......but would have liked more depth in story and screenplay and some action in the story.....movie was pretty much still from 1st scene to last........and music binds love tag is not even touched :x there was no music in the story.........and the biggest disappointment was tu muskura and manmohini are clubbed into 1 song in the movie :x .......tu hi meri dost, shano, mastam, zindagi had good picturisation....dil ka rishta, tu muskura, manmohini were major sodhappals :oops: ..........

cast wise, i liked salman's acting and anil kapoor's ofcourse......katrina was just ok....rest were really passable

thalaivar comes in the end credits :bluejump: :bluejump:

Mahen
23rd November 2008, 06:08 PM
watched Yuvvraaj - hmmm, watchable :) .....its a good movie in the sense, a very simple plot and the screenplay moves like a novel.......but would have liked more depth in story and screenplay and some action in the story.....movie was pretty much still from 1st scene to last........and music binds love tag is not even touched :x there was no music in the story.........and the biggest disappointment was tu muskura and manmohini are clubbed into 1 song in the movie :x .......tu hi meri dost, shano, mastam, zindagi had good picturisation....dil ka rishta, tu muskura, manmohini were major sodhappals :oops: ..........

cast wise, i liked salman's acting and anil kapoor's ofcourse......katrina was just ok....rest were really passable

thalaivar comes in the end credits :bluejump: :bluejump:

:exactly: Anil brought the much needed humor...He's the most versatile actor in Bollywood..And maddy, Salman was awful...He and zayed were hamming all the way...

There were lots of cheers when ARR appeared :D

Thalafanz
23rd November 2008, 06:17 PM
It's one thing saying Yuvraaj is great, but calling it superior to Taal hmmm.....
Let us not be like Vijay / Ajith fans, e are not mere fans, we are Rahmaniacs, we accept differences and opinions. Take a look at the ARRfas group all kind of reviews are posted, unlike any other fan sites which are rstricted to glorifying their Idols.

Dude, can u pls stop bringing Ajith here??? Ur perception on fan sites is purely laughable. Go & take a look at those groups. Criticsm is everywhere. Damn, I can't believe I'm explaining this to u. :banghead:

A.ANAND
23rd November 2008, 07:10 PM

Dude, can u pls stop bringing Ajith here??? Ur perception on fan sites is purely laughable. Go & take a look at those groups. Criticsm is everywhere. Damn, I can't believe I'm explaining this to u. :banghead:

:cool2: :cool2: thala!vidunng avaru etho emotional-la sollitaru :D :cool2:

Movies
23rd November 2008, 07:53 PM

Let's not talk abot Ajith in here. Don't get me started on Ajith and his fans. I clearly don't need any type of comments/ advice from an Ajith fan of all the people.

selvakumar
23rd November 2008, 08:04 PM
Let's not talk abot Ajith in here. Don't get me started on Ajith and his fans. I clearly don't need any type of comments/ advice from an Ajith fan of all the people.
<dig> First of all, No one is talking about Ajith here. Even you didn't speak about Ajith.. But your statement was on Ajith fans and their groups. How can you comment about Ajith / vijay fan groups if you don't like them ? If you aren't part of their groups, you have no rights to comment on them. What were you doing in their groups then ? Were you doing something else ?

If I say, all arr fan groups suck with their positive reviews on every album and hyping them as the best ever arr album, I should have some proof. I should be a member of their groups or sites. If not, I should just shutup since it is not something that I know.

For e.g., ella tamilanum kena paya.. ippadi oru statement ah public forum la vachuttu, mathavan solla koodathunnu sonna advice ah ?

If you aren't part of their groups, you have no rights to comment on them. It is a public forum and advice is something you can hardly expect or bothered to get it from others here. </dig>

selvakumar
23rd November 2008, 08:10 PM
:cool2: :cool2: thala!vidunng avaru etho emotional-la sollitaru :D :cool2:
<dig> Anand, Emotional ah enna venumnaalum sollalaamaa.. How can he attack a group of people dedicating their time for their favorites ? Ivar inga irukkira maarithaanae avangalum.. Not all ajith / vijay fans praise their heroes everytime. You know that since you also visit TF section. If it is on the groups and websites, still I will beg to differ. I have seen all type of people in our group. If somebody needs some thing, I can even forward those messages. </dig>

villan007
23rd November 2008, 08:24 PM
I clearly don't need any type of comments/ advice from an Ajith fan of all the people.

yea yea.. all ARR fans belong to the elite group..

Movies
23rd November 2008, 08:55 PM
The last couple of post clearly reflect what I meant about other fan groups.
Keep going guys, You bickering to a wall. Last time I'm replying to a Mandai, sorry Thala Fan

villan007
23rd November 2008, 09:23 PM
Movies, athan solliyaachula elite nu.. only indhi and englees pilims thaan paakra aalunga neenga... and go enjoy Ghajini songs which is worse than Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi songs :lol2:

dinesh2002
23rd November 2008, 09:28 PM
Movies, athan solliyaachula elite nu.. only indhi and englees pilims thaan paakra aalunga neenga... and go enjoy Ghajini songs which is worse than Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi songs :lol2:

hoi...!!! :evil: :hammer: :curse:

prasana84
23rd November 2008, 11:29 PM
Dude jus wait till the movie releases. then see which is rockin. if u talk abt gajini arr fans can also talk abt aegan. but the truth is nanum ajith fan. so enaku nanae sollikurain shutt uppp :oops:

Scale
24th November 2008, 12:00 AM
/Dign

Haule Haule is the only track accounts for a comparison. Any day,
Originality counts more than popularity. This article (http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2008/nov/201108-Yash-Raj-Films-Rab-Ne-Bana-Di-Jodi-Haule-Haule-track-similar-to-Adnan-Sami-track.htm) makes some sense

If you say like milli karthik none of the songs are impressive in Ghajini go and enjoy Shano Shano. Thats blasphemy within ARR's teritorry (!)

/End Dign

A_Ajith
24th November 2008, 12:04 AM
The last couple of post clearly reflect what I meant about other fan groups.
Keep going guys, You bickering to a wall. Last time I'm replying to a Mandai, sorry Thala Fan

Do not indulge in Ad Hominem. It just shows your emotional weakness. :P

Thalafanz
24th November 2008, 06:38 AM
Dude jus wait till the movie releases. then see which is rockin. if u talk abt gajini arr fans can also talk abt aegan. but the truth is nanum ajith fan. so enaku nanae sollikurain shutt uppp :oops:

Pras, be cool. Even Villan is an ARR fan. It seems Ghajini didn't go well with him. :)

A.ANAND
24th November 2008, 07:28 AM

Pras, be cool. Even Villan is an ARR fan. It seems Ghajini didn't go well with him. :)
thambi yoga,vidunngappa!naanum ajit fan than!naamakulla en sandai..please... cool2:

MADDY
24th November 2008, 10:55 AM
Movies, do u know Ajith fans never criticise his works??? do u know vijay fans never criticise his works??? i think u meant, we are not any actors' fans who follow him blindly - u shuldnt have taken up Ajith/Vijay names here, u cud have just said we are different from actors' fans(though i dont agree with that either)

bringing in actors names here has never proved happy for us, so i think we should avoid it in future :)

selva,yoga,senthil, prasad - i never thought u guys would notice this :lol:

and go enjoy Ghajini songs which is worse than Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi songs

nee mattum ghajini thread pakkam vaaa :x

(senthil:adhukaaaga, naa rahman albathha critcise panra urimai enakku illaya :lol2:

Maddy:senthil, senthil-nnu oru maanasthan irundhaan :lol2:)

villan007
24th November 2008, 11:14 AM

:mrgreen:

Wibha
24th November 2008, 11:20 AM
and go enjoy Ghajini songs which is worse than Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi songs

(senthil:adhukaaaga, naa rahman albathha critcise panra urimai enakku illaya :lol2:

Maddy:senthil, senthil-nnu oru maanasthan irundhaan :lol2:)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thalafanz
24th November 2008, 11:32 AM

thambi yoga,vidunngappa!naanum ajit fan than!naamakulla en sandai..please... cool2:

Anand annE, cool. :) Yuvvraaj pArthAchA??? I'm going to watch it this weekend. :)

Thalafanz
24th November 2008, 11:38 AM
do u know Ajith fans never criticise his works??? do u know vijay fans never criticise his works???
What's this supposed to mean??? :roll: Hey, we do... :)

selva,yoga,senthil, prasad - i never thought u guys would notice this :lol:
Don't know about others but I'm on 'this' site. So, I follow up ARR threads. :) It's just that I'm not active like the rest of u guys. :)

lancelot
24th November 2008, 11:39 AM
i dont see why people are disappointed with Salman's and that other guys acting.. did anyone expect any different from them? Salman was never able to act.. shame!

ill just stick to the music... ill most prob never watch the movie... may just the videos for the sake of Subash..

hehe

Thalafanz
24th November 2008, 11:41 AM
i dont see why people are disappointed with Salman's and that other guys acting.. did anyone expect any different from them? Salman was never able to act.. shame!

ill just stick to the music... ill most prob never watch the movie... may just the videos for the sake of Subash..

hehe

Not sure what kind of movie Yuvvraj is, I meant the genre.
Salman is good at comical roles. But, when it comes to serious roles... :sigh2:

lancelot
24th November 2008, 11:44 AM
Salman is good at comical roles. But, when it comes to serious roles... :sigh2:

a good actor should be able to do any role... (Aamir, SRK to an extent)
i just never thought he can act... even in comic roles... :)

hehe

MADDY
24th November 2008, 12:33 PM
What's this supposed to mean??? :roll: Hey, we do... :) :)

i asked Movies whether he knows wat ajith fans do and dont do
:)

prasana84
24th November 2008, 09:22 PM

:cry: arr - ajith sanda venam. even they like each other. :)

entha oru combothan sanda podama irunthuthu. :cry2:

MADDY
25th November 2008, 10:25 AM
Yuvvraaj has a average opening

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=yuvvraaj.htm

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 11:13 AM
potta kasu thirumba vanthale pothume.. :D

Thalafanz
25th November 2008, 11:18 AM

Oh come on... It's 'bolly', pOtta kasa vida double, triple-E kedaikkum. Malaysia-vE pOthum. U know how people here welcome Hindi movies. :wink:

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 03:03 PM

Oh come on... It's 'bolly', pOtta kasa vida double, triple-E kedaikkum. Malaysia-vE pOthum. U know how people here welcome Hindi movies. :wink:

yes!malay people -than hindi movie-inna paithiyam puduchi alaivannga!but last hindi movie i saw is my superstar maniratnam's 'guru' :D 3 time i wacth in KLCC!

Mahen
25th November 2008, 07:01 PM

yes!malay people -than hindi movie-inna paithiyam puduchi alaivannga!but last hindi movie i saw is my superstar maniratnam's 'guru' :D 3 time i wacth in KLCC!

No anand..Only sharukh khan movie does well here(with malay folks support of course)...When i went for yuvraaj, theater was practically empty with only a few local punjabis, makkals and north indians..Even for Guru and RDB, there werent any malay folks...And malays dont quite like hindi movies nowadays as hindi films have changed alot...They dont get to watch movies like KKHH,KHNH KKKG anymore :)

lancelot
25th November 2008, 08:06 PM

No anand..Only sharukh khan movie does well here(with malay folks support of course)...When i went for yuvraaj, theater was practically empty with only a few local punjabis, makkals and north indians..Even for Guru and RDB, there werent any malay folks...And malays dont quite like hindi movies nowadays as hindi films have changed alot...They dont get to watch movies like KKHH,KHNH KKKG anymore :)

over here (Sri Lanka) its SRK craze... i mean.. seriously... no matter wat crap he produces... it becomes a hit.. u see house full for months... then u get a movie like RDB and no one goes for it...
thank god Guru had Abishake in it....
Amir Khan has no market here... nor does Salman..
if its SRK, Hrithik, Abishake... it will do well...
i weep at the knowledge our locals have regarding movies... shame :(
hehe

kham
26th November 2008, 09:14 AM

over here (Sri Lanka) its SRK craze... i mean.. seriously... no matter wat crap he produces... it becomes a hit.. u see house full for months... then u get a movie like RDB and no one goes for it...
thank god Guru had Abishake in it....
Amir Khan has no market here... nor does Salman..
if its SRK, Hrithik, Abishake... it will do well...
i weep at the knowledge our locals have regarding movies... shame :(
hehe

Ever since Fanaa, RDB n da superb TZP, thr is a crowd for Aamir... Im sure Ghajini will rock SL, with ARR's music which ppl r crazy over here

Thalafanz
10th December 2008, 05:43 PM
I watched Yuvvraaj last weekend.
To me, the director wants to show this normal story in a grand musical way. :) :wink:
God, Salman sucks when it comes to serious acting. :sigh2:
Anil Kapoor & Mithun Chakraborthy (Thanks to Mani sir for bringing back this excellent actor through Guru. :cool: ) are the saving graces apart from our ARR, of course.
I think Ghai failed to recreate the Taal magic. :cry:
Very grandly presented story but lacks substance IMO. :)