PDA

View Full Version : The most successful Indian Actor!

unhappyboy
14th April 2007, 07:56 AM
I mean the best in terms of charisma, popularity, demand etc.

Super *, obviously. He's the second highest paid actor in Asia, most of his movies are super hits, his flops are other actors' hits. He's popular throughout the world, unlike other actors who are only known in their respective states/regions. He can easily become TN CM, that's his influence over the masses.

Kamal is a good actor, but lacks charisma. AB is over-hyphed. So is SK, who isn't even a good actor. That leaves us with Super * as the only option. 8-)

Hulkster
14th April 2007, 05:17 PM
Oh goodness me...before this turns into a nasty discussion...i would sincerely request all rajini fans and kamal fans not to fight over this issue and ignore this as Yet another firestarter...for the zillionth time.

Both rajini and kamal are equal in everything except for acting where kamal upstages rajini..end of story :notworthy:

m_23_bayarea
14th April 2007, 05:22 PM
:lol: I agree with Hulk! This thread is gonna be TOTAL CHAOS pretty soon I think! :lol:

unhappyboy
14th April 2007, 06:17 PM
Oh goodness me...before this turns into a nasty discussion...i would sincerely request all rajini fans and kamal fans not to fight over this issue and ignore this as Yet another firestarter...for the zillionth time.

Both rajini and kamal are equal in everything except for acting where kamal upstages rajini..end of story :notworthy:

So devious of you! :lol: While maintaining equality, you cleverly declare that kamal is better than Super *. ANd yet, you're advising others not to fight? :?

m_23_bayarea
14th April 2007, 06:24 PM
There you go! First ignition from Hulk himself... :lol:

thimuru
14th April 2007, 07:19 PM
succesful all over india or just succesful in their state?

:roll:

thimuru
14th April 2007, 07:21 PM

Super *, obviously. He's the second highest paid actor in Asia, most of his movies are super hits, his flops are other actors' hits. He's popular throughout the world, unlike other actors who are only known in their respective states/regions. He can easily become TN CM, that's his influence over the masses.

Kamal is a good actor, but lacks charisma. AB is over-hyphed. So is SK, who isn't even a good actor. That leaves us with Super * as the only option. 8-)

:lol: modhalla MLA aaga sollungappa!...tamilnadu CM post avlo elakarama pocha :lol:

regarding charisma.....u havent watched devar mahan second half i guess

leosimha
16th April 2007, 04:39 PM

unhappyboy,

can you define charishma. if Kamal lacks charishma, then he would not have been in this field. Kamal is not only a good actor but he is excellence personified. What you mean by excellence personified is he tries to be perfect whatever it might be, acting, dance, techinal, camera, story, screenplay, direction and lots more.

Kamal is still here not only for his excellent acting but for his charishma. Whatever role you give, he induces charishma in it. That shows his versatility.

But I don't deny the same thing with Rajini. But Rajini has become a Super * because of his larger-than-life image roles. I also believe if Kamal had done the same, he would have been in the same league of Rajini. But it was Kamal who took a strong decision to stop acting in monotonous roles but started experimenting with himself. That is called the Kamal's school of acting.

Rajini is Super * and Kamal is World *.

Jabroni
17th April 2007, 11:34 AM
When you are talking about actor, you are actually talking about Kamal Haasan. End of story.

VENKIRAJA
17th April 2007, 02:01 PM
where is lal and mamooka?whats goin on?where is chiranjeevi?i cant understand why idiots win always,or showed off as if they've won.i mean it.

Jabroni
17th April 2007, 02:37 PM
I was only talking about the ones on the list. The worst omission is undoubtedly Lal. He is easily the best actor at present.

RPB
18th April 2007, 12:50 PM
i am very angry why they didint add mohan lal
and mamooty.they better than amithab and sharukh

unhappyboy
19th April 2007, 05:54 PM
i am very angry why they didint add mohan lal
and mamooty.they better than amithab and sharukh

It's not about acting skills, it's about success. Every SI knows SK and AB. How many NIs know Mamooooty or Mohan Lal? :shock: Not many, I am sure. That's the basis of this poll.

Nerd
20th April 2007, 02:30 AM
The most successful Indian actor (in terms of popularity) is AB. Period 8-)

thimuru
20th April 2007, 12:39 PM

edhuku vambunnu AB pera solllingala :lol:

ajaybaskar
20th April 2007, 08:03 PM
Rajinithaan. Vera yaaru...

Nerd
20th April 2007, 09:11 PM

idhilenna vambu irukku. If someone claims that Rajini/Kamal is POPULAR than AB then he is just plain stupid 8-)

thimuru
20th April 2007, 09:25 PM

idhilenna vambu irukku. If someone claims that Rajini/Kamal is POPULAR than AB then he is just plain stupid 8-)

succesful...thread title-a paarunga...not popular

Nerd
20th April 2007, 09:27 PM
Yeh it just comes down to how you define success and this comparison itself is plain stupid. Obviously hindi speaking people are more than thamizh speaking people and this poll does not make sense at all :)

m_23_bayarea
23rd April 2007, 10:14 PM
Yes, unfortunately, when you talk about success, whether it's mass or class, all that disctinction will fade away, and just the name that comes to mind will stand... So yes, that way, Amitabh Bachan is the most successful Indian actor! But if they think abt the most successful Indian actor in the South, then it's a different story! :P

nemesis786
23rd April 2007, 11:32 PM
Where is Hrithik Roshan? Avaru avalo alavuku valaraliya how about aamir khan :oops:

rookie007
25th April 2007, 06:14 AM
Anytime...Anywhere around the world...my answer to this question is: SUPER STARU RAJINU .....
When his movies comes out, it feels like a festivel is comming ... I never experience the same feeling with any other actors...does not matter Hollywood...Mollywood...Bollywood..etc...

rookie007
25th April 2007, 06:16 AM
..... 8-)

m_23_bayarea
29th April 2007, 12:09 AM
Rookie, The Bollywood market is still big.... I would completely agree with you if Tamil and Hindi markets were of the same size! Rajini will win hands down then! :P

Rajkumar_mj
30th April 2007, 09:32 AM
It is Amitab

Rajkumar_mj
30th April 2007, 09:51 AM

Unhappy Boy

I wouldn't have answered your post , if you posted this in Rajni thread.

This is absolutely an Over staement.

You speak as if no one has given Biggest hits before Chandra Muki.Do you think collections of Rajnis flop movies like Baba,Pandiyan,Ejaman,Nattukoru Nallavan and etc are equal to hit Movies of others?.

I dont deny Rajni is the numero one actor in South india interms of Box Office.But that doesn't mean that he is the Best /SUccessful actor/More popular actor
in the India.

If you speak about Popularity in our Country , Amitab & Sharrk win hands down.And Kamal is more popular than Rajni Kanth in North. Other than TN , KH's More poplular in North,Andhra,Kerala than RajniKanth.

If you speak about acting, the whole country knows who is the best.

If you speak about Box office powers Rajnikanth is only next to Sharuk.

I haven't degraded or Mocked Rajnikanth.So I would appreciate if you would maintain the same decency and decoram in your reply too.

Nerd
30th April 2007, 11:25 AM
Three things Raj sir:

1. bAbA collected more than the so called break-evens that year

2. ejamAn was not a flop thanks to AVM's rigorous marketing strategy after the movie's release

3. RK is more popular than KH in Andhra and I guess their popularity is almost the same in the north considering the fact that he has not acted in hindi for a long time.

Rajkumar_mj
30th April 2007, 11:37 AM
Three things Raj sir:

2. ejamAn was not a flop thanks to AVM's rigorous marketing strategy after the movie's release

3. RK is more popular than KH in Andhra and I guess their popularity is almost the same in the north considering the fact that he has not acted in hindi for a long time.

Kasi Sir

I beg to differ with you.

In 2002 , movies like Ramana, Villain and Gemini collected more than Baba Collectied.

Ejamaan is an average movie. But posted this for Unhappy boy's statement

I dont deny RK's recent movies CM, Padayappa ,Muthu are better hits than KH;s dubbing movies.

KH's popularity is more than Rajni despite of not giving any significant hits for the last 6 years. Here i meant only the popularity not recent box office hits.

KH is more popular than Rajinkanth among northies.RK iis very close to Amitab and other Bollywood actors. But defiintely he is not as popular as KH in North India.

Raikkonen
30th April 2007, 01:20 PM
Vijaythan... Sri Lanka-la vellam record break panrangalla.. International figure :rotfl: :rotfl:

lavanya22rit
11th May 2007, 10:29 AM
Vijaythan... Sri Lanka-la vellam record break panrangalla.. International figure :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes u r right...vijay is the most popular, most successful and best actor in India......even jayasuriya, muralitharan, ricky ponting, gilchrist are all his fans.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raikkonen
11th May 2007, 11:39 AM
I guess if his movies get released in England, sify will come up with something liek this "David Beckham has invited Vijay for his MLS Galaxy's dinner after stupendous success of ATM"

Raghu
15th May 2007, 08:43 PM
If you speak about Box office powers Rajnikanth is only next to Sharuk.

:rotfl2: :lol:

m_23_bayarea
17th May 2007, 11:50 PM
This video should provide a possible answer to this thread!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dVa77vNtApg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ab_123
18th May 2007, 05:10 AM
Three things Raj sir:

I somehow doubt that. Kamal has appeared in a LOT more telugu movies than Rajini for one. Best ones being Swathi Muthyam, Sagara Sangamam. Then the classic duo Kamal -Sridevi in movies like Oka Radha Idharu krishnulu. Add to that the tamil hits that have been dubbed in telugu such as Aboorva Sagodharaigal etc To be quite honest, I cannot even think of ONE Rajini movie that was made/dubbed in telugu. Kamal and Rajini excel in different genres. There are a lot of telugu actors who would fit in Rajini's genre(s), but not many that would fit in Kamal's (to his credit, he is quite versatile).

Nerd
18th May 2007, 11:40 AM
Hi ab_123,

I was talking about the present thing. Right now, RK is more popular than KH, easily 8-)

And yeh comparing the acting skills of KH and telugu guys is an insult to KH and I also don't think that any of the telugu actors can pull off what RK did in early 80s and 70s 8-)

ab_123
19th May 2007, 07:03 AM
Hi ab_123,

I was talking about the present thing. Right now, RK is more popular than KH, easily 8-)

OK, I guess I'll take you're word for it then. I am not up-to-date on this matter.

And yeh comparing the acting skills of KH and telugu guys is an insult to KH and I also don't think that any of the telugu actors can pull off what RK did in early 80s and 70s 8-)

I would agree that RK's work in the 70s and 80s was some of his best work. I tend to feel the same way about KH as well, including the 90s for him
:)