PDA

View Full Version : Why tamil movies has no english sub-titles??

satya3010
16th April 2007, 08:12 AM
HI

Im Satya from KL,Malaysia would like to know on Why tamil movies has no english sub-titles?
Till now, i cannot share some of my good tamil movies collection with my non-tamil frends since the all the movies has no subtitles.
Is it because tamil film industry doesnt want to globalise themselves or no money?

I would like ul (maybe some of u in forum who may connected to tamil nadigar commitee or press), to propose to have compulsory english subtitles content for every new tamil movie before it get release in tamil-nadu cinema/vcd or other state or country...Maybe censor board could regulate this as a requirment can be release in every area...
We need to learn to advertise ourself as huge as possible in order to gain the global intrest before can think abt oscars....

thimuru
16th April 2007, 08:22 AM
Tamil DVD has subtitles!

only cds dont!...mostly even english film cds dont have subtitles...only dvds possess

groucho070
16th April 2007, 09:38 AM
Bro, Tamil films on big screen comes with Malay subtitles. I am sure all Malaysians can read Malay.

And DVD's (including some of my Sivaji [Ganesan] collection) comes with English subtitles.

So, I don't see any problem. Bring your friends to the theatres and show them the DVD...unless they can't read Malay or English.

Kollywoodfan
16th April 2007, 05:51 PM
Most original tamil VCDs/ DVDs have tamil subtitles. There are some VCDs that don't.

However, on big screen here, tamil films (&malayalam, telugu) do not have subtitles, whereas hindi films do.

satya3010
18th April 2007, 09:43 AM
Hello Groucho

Since when we have full malay subtitles on theatres?
If it has, it only has partial subtitles or even less than that...
Even the partial always comes with very low font and not synchronised with ongoing scene.

Most of the DVD doesnt have subtitles...Only certain popular films may have...What i want to say here i, subtitles shud be implemanted for all movies (not certain movies only)