PDA

View Full Version : VARALAATRU SUVADUGAL - ISAIGNANI ILAIYARAAJA

Pages : 1 [2]

app_engine
19th July 2007, 02:08 AM
irir123,
I don't think so...why should he hide the reason for this unknown-to-us movie, so painstakingly, that too sort of staking his own reputation in composing? I think it's true...& he has the liberty to feel that he couldn't do justice to something...at least at some point of his life...let's give him that space, IMO...I'm also reminded of him refusing to give the OST of sigappu rOjakkaL to the hindi version because RDB couldn't do BGM with same effect...I think he's just open...

app_engine
19th July 2007, 07:58 AM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=350033&disdate=7/19/2007

"Royal Philharmonic" sambavam...(one of the most discussed topics in DF)...

tvsankar
19th July 2007, 08:32 AM
Dear app,
About the symphony -
Jaya tvil Suhasini vimarsikum ,ew films , patri programe nadakiradhu.

Adhil Suhasni Cheeni kum patri sonnar.Adharkaga Amithab udan phone il pesinar.Amithab um pesinar.

IR ai patri Amithab sollum podhu, IR in BGm parthu acharya pada vaithadhu enru sonnar.Appodhu Amithab sonnar, IR solli kondadhaga, +Symphony il en isaiyai ketta udan enaku kangal kalangi vittadhu.En isaiyil ippadi patta oligala" enru..

Idhai ketta udan enaku unmaiyilae kannir App.

Great MUsician in OLIGAL ellam sadharanamagavae olika pattu vittadhu.

IR in each and every bit um Indha madhiri UYARNDHA ALAVIL OLIKA PADA VENDIYAVAGAL ...Adhilum BGMS ELLAM......

Sanjeevi
19th July 2007, 10:58 AM
tooo shart info on Symphony.
Antha symphony innum veli varavillaiyae. Athu pattri IR solla viallaiyae :sad:

K
19th July 2007, 12:45 PM
it seems they are going to conclude the thodar

app_engine
19th July 2007, 09:32 PM
I think there could be some "political pressure" to close the varalAru ASAP...looks like it's almost certain that there may not be more than another week's publishing of IR stuff...Is it in some way related to IR doing something for mu kA television??

app_engine
20th July 2007, 07:13 AM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=350253&disdate=7/20/2007

mudinjadhu:-(

app_engine
20th July 2007, 07:16 AM
Already some ARR fanatics 'punnagai mannan'la avaru dhAn niRaiya paNNina mAdhiri pEsuvanga...ippO IR konjam kooda aval koduththirukkAru:-)

irir123
20th July 2007, 08:59 AM
PS: nadigai 'Roja' patriya thodar adhuthha idahzhil aarambam!! what a stupefying contrast ?? a series on probably India's most creative composer followed by a series on "........" (fill up the blanks yourself) - ))

swathy
20th July 2007, 10:43 AM
PS: nadigai 'Roja' patriya thodar adhuthha idahzhil aarambam!! what a stupefying contrast ?? a series on probably India's most creative composer followed by a series on "........" (fill up the blanks yourself) - ))

என்ன கொடுமை இது

Sanjeevi
20th July 2007, 10:56 AM
hmmmmm :sad:

anyway kudos to Dinathanthi. I got some or many info about IR especially his early days

thanks to the daily :)

rajasaranam
20th July 2007, 10:56 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

app_engine
20th July 2007, 07:10 PM
Did anyone notice that the whole history didn't include TbI? (in IR's own words "piRavippayan")...

IMO, no history of IR will be complete without mentioning such rare things and their backgrounds like:
-the instrumental track in rAjapArvai
-the intro of "computer" music in punnagai mannan
-using the budapest orchestra for movies like Guru (malayALam) and about the music of Guru itself
-his side of story for the break-up of partnerships with key figures like BR, VM, KB, MR & Rajinikanth
-his issues with AVM...& may be some stories involving "echo" and "raja" cassette labels
-IR's answer to allegations of copying / inspiration

& numerous other things that TFM-DFers are quite familiar but an average dhinathanthi reader may not know...like replacing LS in hEy rAm...

This series started off well, in a nice slow pace, capturing a lot of information about his upcoming and early days, even elaborating songs like 'nEramidhu,nEramidhu'...but then abruptly ended, without even mentioning many key figures that worked with him and became popular -mike Mohan, R Sundarrajan, Kovaiththambi, Ramarajan etc.

The reason may be to avoid controversies totally & no dragging kazhagam politics etc...or IR's appointment with them was short...or some other pressure to thanthi to conclude it...As I mentioned earlier, they really did a hasty conclusion...

buggle
20th July 2007, 07:29 PM
can't imagine what ROJA might have to say in the same "Varalaatru Suvadugal"...what varalaru she got? how many films she acted?
this is absurd...

well it's not relevant to our topic, but atleast if they didn't put that note at the end, i would be happy....

raja_fan
20th July 2007, 08:28 PM
From: app_engine on Thu Jul 19 21:46:21 2007. [Full View]

Already some ARR fanatics 'punnagai mannan'la avaru dhAn niRaiya paNNina mAdhiri pEsuvanga...ippO IR konjam kooda aval koduththirukkAru:-)

Enna aval koduthirukkiraar ??
Punnagai Mannan pathi IR pesave illaiye ?

app_engine
20th July 2007, 09:16 PM
r_f, didn't he say that ARR started with him during moodupani recording, which was Raja's 100th film...and that opens up a speculation that ARR had worked with him much longer and may be on many more projects than just PM...indha aval pOdhAdhA?

raja_fan
20th July 2007, 09:40 PM
a_e,

IR kitte iru nooru paer velai paarthiruppaargal !
Adhil oruvar ARR. Avvalavudhaan..

Didn't IR tell that he already had a keyboardist before ARR ? Also didn't he say he gave musical notes to the small boy and helped him to execute that ?

If IR had said that ARR was very helpful in introducing keyboard or computer music to tfm , then that is Aval :) Appadi ondrum IR sollavillaiye [ Nalla velai ini adharkku vaaippu illai :) ]

vigneshram
21st July 2007, 01:58 PM
Check out YSR's new albums thread.
"They" have started claiming again that ARR had significant role in PM theme and Vikram title song.

Vittaaa "Annakili" recording la ARR than IRkku help pannaar nnu solvaanga

Sanjeevi
21st July 2007, 02:14 PM
hahaha athan Rajavae sollittarae

Naan ARR kai pudichu solli koduthu correct seithen nu

:lol:

crvenky
21st July 2007, 04:26 PM
The full series of article here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/44154344/Biography.pdf.html

raja_fan
21st July 2007, 05:50 PM
vigneshram,

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~kailasan/interviews/perfection%20is%20his%20key%20to%20success.htm

"I was only a operator, not a composer. He composed and I programmed "

Podhumaa ? :)

Now take this from me. Harris Jayaraj was a key player in the music of Roja, Pudhiya Mugam, Gentle man, Kaadhalan, Bombay, Dil se, Iruvar, Minsara kanavu, Kadhal desam............................................. .............................................

When HJ was absent from work, ARR did Vandi solai chinrasu, Pudhiya mannargal etc..

:D

smss_engineer
21st July 2007, 09:14 PM
இளையராஜா பற்றி நமக்கு தெரியும். அதான் அவரே சொல்லி விட்டாரே! "நான் ARR'க்கு கீபோர்ட் சொல்லி கொடுத்தேன் என்று". ஆனால், இதையும் வைத்து "அவர்கள்" எதுவும் பேசுவார்கள் - கலிகாலம் அய்யா.

''நிறை குடம் தளும்பாது" (இளையராஜா)

"குறை குடம் கூத்தாடும் (***)

மேலும் அவர்களில் சிலர் ஏன் ராஜாவின் இசையைப் பற்றி இவ்வாறு எண்ணுகின்றனர்.

அவர்களுக்கு இசை புரியவில்லையா? அல்லது புரியாதவாறு நடிக்கிறார்களா?

vigneshram
21st July 2007, 10:48 PM
vigneshram,

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~kailasan/interviews/perfection%20is%20his%20key%20to%20success.htm

"I was only a operator, not a composer. He composed and I programmed "

Podhumaa ? :)

:D

:lol: Naanum idha thaana sir sonnen

raja_fan
22nd July 2007, 08:31 AM
vigneshram,

I know that you also had said the same.

But neenga avanungaloda post-a padichu konjam varutthapattaa madhiri therinjudhu..Adhu thaan ungala thetralaamnu link-a search panni post panninen :)

vigneshram
23rd July 2007, 09:27 AM
vigneshram,

I know that you also had said the same.

But neenga avanungaloda post-a padichu konjam varutthapattaa madhiri therinjudhu..Adhu thaan ungala thetralaamnu link-a search panni post panninen :)

:D Cool. Thanks

irir123
24th July 2007, 12:20 AM
digression:http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=350934&disdate=7/23/2007
"sreelatha - Roja aanadhu yeppadi ?" super news!!

littlemaster1982
24th July 2007, 09:19 AM
IR's open admittance that BM and MR are the only directors who stuck to the story narrated to him, is quite interesting and revealing - but IR's (in his own words "ketta gunam") habit of not doing music for someone who says he wont make the movie without his music, is IMHO very very very weird!! I just cannot undergo these most enigmatic, puzzling facets of this genius!

''நிறை குடம் தளும்பாது" (இளையராஜா)

:confused2:

irir123
24th July 2007, 09:01 PM
Guys, I found a rare gem from IR on the web! the song's highpoint is the prelude, the first interlude and the latter portion of the second interlude, the overall tune and the bass line, how I miss that IR! absolutely fabulous! the first interlude is the icing on this song cake!

http://musicmazaa.com/telugu/audiosongs/movie/Keechu+Raallu.html

listen to the song "mogali poove" - thats the one am talking about!

also the taalam for this song is vintage IR - can anyone confirm if it is the unusual stuff IR emplyoyed in songs like "meendum meendum vaa" (from "Vikram")?

buggle
24th July 2007, 11:56 PM
Did anyone notice that the whole history didn't include TbI? (in IR's own words "piRavippayan")...

IMO, no history of IR will be complete without mentioning such rare things and their backgrounds like:
-the instrumental track in rAjapArvai
-the intro of "computer" music in punnagai mannan
-using the budapest orchestra for movies like Guru (malayALam) and about the music of Guru itself
-his side of story for the break-up of partnerships with key figures like BR, VM, KB, MR & Rajinikanth
-his issues with AVM...& may be some stories involving "echo" and "raja" cassette labels
-IR's answer to allegations of copying / inspiration

Also i thought IR might say a word about his spiritual attire - like when he stopped wearing pant/shirt and the reason behind it etc...
Disappointment.............

& numerous other things that TFM-DFers are quite familiar but an average dhinathanthi reader may not know...like replacing LS in hEy rAm...

This series started off well, in a nice slow pace, capturing a lot of information about his upcoming and early days, even elaborating songs like 'nEramidhu,nEramidhu'...but then abruptly ended, without even mentioning many key figures that worked with him and became popular -mike Mohan, R Sundarrajan, Kovaiththambi, Ramarajan etc.

The reason may be to avoid controversies totally & no dragging kazhagam politics etc...or IR's appointment with them was short...or some other pressure to thanthi to conclude it...As I mentioned earlier, they really did a hasty conclusion...

Also i thought IR might say a word about his spiritual attire - like when he stopped wearing pant/shirt and the reason behind it etc...
Disappointment.............

app_engine
25th July 2007, 12:57 AM
Going thorough the series, one might tend to compare this dhinathanthi series to IR himself...lot more potential than the actual output / achievement :-) innum niRaiya varum ena ethirpArkkum pozhudhu, nindRu pOna (alladhu sottu sottAi vizhukindRa) kuzhAiththaNNeer pOla...

swathy
25th July 2007, 11:32 AM
digression:http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=350934&disdate=7/23/2007
"sreelatha - Roja aanadhu yeppadi ?" super news!!

rojavai patriya discussion inge yedhukku :confusion:

vg123
25th July 2007, 07:54 PM
Is a there way to get the English translated version of IR's series on dailythanthi? I don't know tamil. I can understand a bit, but can't read. I have been listening to tamil songs for decades (IR's influence), but I am eager read this. Can any you folks translate this, or at least summarize in english. I am sure there are so many IR's fans out there would love to read this. Thanks

raja_fan
25th July 2007, 08:52 PM
vg123,

That would be a time consuming task to do..btw, what is your mother tongue ? just curious to know..

Sanjeevi
25th July 2007, 09:37 PM
don't worry vg123 somebody will come up with English translation :).

vg123
25th July 2007, 11:57 PM
raja_fan,

It is Telugu.

Sanjeevi
27th July 2007, 05:16 PM
<digression>
Dinathanthi has finished the series of Roja. Only less than 10 episodes they published what a "Varalatru suvadugal" :lol:

Tomorrow onwards, they will publish about Sripriya
</digression>

K
29th July 2007, 09:47 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/specials/bharathiraja_070729.html

Sanjeevi
29th July 2007, 11:20 PM
எனக்கும், பாரதிக்கும் உள்ள நட்பை சொல்லத் தெரியவில்லை. நான் எனது சுயசரிதை எழுத உட்கார்ந்தேன். எழுத எழுத பாரதிராஜாவைப் பற்றித்தான் நிறைய எழுதிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன். அப்புறம்தான் தெரிந்தது, பாரதி இல்லாமல் நான் இல்லை, நான் இல்லாமல் பாரதி இல்லை. எனது வாழ்க்கையில் அவரும் ஒரு அங்கமாகவே இருந்து வந்திருக்கிறார் என்பதை அப்போதுதான் உணர்ந்தேன்

இதிலிருந்து இரண்டு விசயங்கள் தெரிகிறது.

1) இளையராஜா சுயசரிதை எழுதிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார் மேலும் அதனை தனிப்புத்தகமாக வெளியிடத் திட்டமிட்டிருக்கிறார். எனவேதான் தினத்தந்தியில் வந்த தொடர் முடிவுக்கு வந்திருக்கிறது (அல்லது தினத்தந்தியில் எழுதியதைத்தான் சொல்கிறாரோ?)

2) திரும்பிப் பார்க்க வைத்த நினைவுகளால் பழைய நட்புகளை புதுப்பிக்க விரும்புகிறரர் அல்லது பழைய நட்புகளின்மேல் இருந்த வெறுப்புகளை கடாசிவிட்டார்

app_engine
10th August 2007, 12:16 AM
http://www.gsbabu.com/dhina_thanthi/

Interesting link...all scanned images of the articles as well as CRV's pdf...

kameshratnam
10th August 2007, 11:47 AM
Lets understand that IR is a musical genius and everything stops there. if we get into his personal life..thats the end of it..Listen to his music..discuss about it ..enrich ur knowledge and be happy.
Whether he fights with BR or loves him is of no importance to us.
For us the music which comes out of IR..is what we require

Nakeeran
10th August 2007, 12:56 PM
Lets understand that IR is a musical genius and everything stops there. if we get into his personal life..thats the end of it..Listen to his music..discuss about it ..enrich ur knowledge and be happy.
Whether he fights with BR or loves him is of no importance to us.
For us the music which comes out of IR..is what we require

Sometime back, I had to remind u precisely on this when U went the other way :)

prana
11th August 2007, 06:02 PM
Hi,

I have been browsing through this hub for the past, almost 2 years. have tried many a times, to get registerred and post my thoughts, but it never, happned cause of some or the other reasons :evil: :D .

I am out of chennai, and i dont have access to dindhanthi, used to get the minmal info about the article, by reading your posts :D .

When i saw the link provided by app_engine, that was one great service to all Raaja Sir's (Mottai - we call him), in-numerable Fanatics or Raaja Theevaravathigal (For Theevra Rasikargal).

I used to get facinated, by Rajasarnam, Sanjeevi, appengine's postings, on a daily basis, where ever you are, you get connected through this. That one name, "Raaja" makes al this happen.

I have read postings, of you al three, in other postings as well. when some or the other Fans, or some notorious guy, gives a coment on Raaja, you are atonce in the bandwagon and start thrashing them. My Humble request would, please dont do that Buddies anymore.As RS said, "a false, talked, umpteen times becomes truth". Thats just a Saying . As Raaja said in Dhindhandhi - "Amaran, TV'la Petti kututhan, yenna Dir, agi annauku isaila, potti,illama Akanu". But Raaja Said, :he knows, Yaar'ku Yaar Potinu". People know, who is Raaja.

Its true that, in cetrtain sence, Raaja was not given due credit. And Thats not a matter at al, when Composers, Like Naushad Saab, Salil Da, MSV Anna have given their due credit, to our Raaja. What else we require. Its al media, which makes the hype, Raaja Himself said, "Inaki Mari, Oru Padam, Muducha Udane, Thenikal Mari, Kutam Pindi Vara Kalam Illa'nu". When not even his neibours knew, that he was the composer for Annakilli.

There are lot of other things in mind, let me post them later.Lets Discuss our common factor Raaja, later. And i believe there would be umptten on this Varalatru Suvudugals Incidence.I was moved, when he Says" Intha Raaja'vuku appa neram illa, yenna rajium, iruku illa". It seems he feels for few things, as he concentrated more on music and couldnt do the due to the family.

Thanks App Engine....

app_engine
12th August 2007, 08:46 AM
prana,
Welcome to the forum...

The person whom your thanks should go is CRV, who took the pain of making the pdf file:-)

Keep sharing your thoughts...

RR
17th August 2007, 09:48 AM
Whole series archived here: http://tfmpage.com/my/md/ilayaraja/suvadugal/

Nakeeran
17th August 2007, 09:49 AM
Thank you very much RR .

rajasaranam
10th October 2007, 09:06 PM
Another Good Series of Articles From Dinamani :)
http://www.dinamani.com/Malar/Ilayaraja/

Enjoy!

Sanjeevi
11th October 2007, 12:06 PM
rajasaranam thanks a lot :)

raja_fan
11th October 2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks rajasaranam !

In one of those articles "Tussle between IR and TMS" they say "Oram po" song was banned by AIR.. Surprising ! why should they ban that song ? Any double meanings in that song ?!

raja_fan
11th October 2007, 01:27 PM
Ezhudhiyavar innum elimaiyaana nadaiyil ezhudhiyirukkalaam. Padikka kashtamaaga thondrugiradhu :(

crvenky
11th October 2007, 03:45 PM
This article series written by Vamanan already came in Cinema Express magazine 2 years back.

rajasaranam
11th October 2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks rajasaranam !

In one of those articles "Tussle between IR and TMS" they say "Oram po" song was banned by AIR.. Surprising ! why should they ban that song ? Any double meanings in that song ?!

Oram Po was looked upon then as not the song for elite listeners. Hence it was banned for airing similarly the song 'Bathrakali nithiyasooli' from the film Kaali was also banned because it was felt that the song created so much of violent feelings. But the reasons they gave to ban was the real success for Raaja as a composer :thumbsup:

raja_fan
12th October 2007, 12:13 PM
Ok ! But in one way I am happy to know that, once upon a time Indian media had that sense of social responsibility ! though we disagree on how they executed that :)

btw.., I remember how in the eighties, my father used to ridicule IR as "Oram po..oram po paadina aal thaane"..
But later he began to accept and appreciate IR's talent especially after the entry of ARR and gang..

SoftSword
3rd December 2007, 05:03 PM
think this is the rite place to discuss abt this...
and guys, am a mad fan of illayaraja's voice...
started from the time i heard "engae sellum indha paadhai..."
and from there, started liking wherever i hear his voice...

and in his recent song from "katradhu thamizh", the "paravayae" song...
in some parts of the high pitches, his voice goes a bit derailed...
did anyone notice... is it because of his age, or is it like it was done intentionally...

just wanted to have a healthy discussion on this...

any comments...

entertainment
4th December 2007, 03:25 AM
think this is the rite place to discuss abt this...
and guys, am a mad fan of illayaraja's voice...
started from the time i heard "engae sellum indha paadhai..."
and from there, started liking wherever i hear his voice...

and in his recent song from "katradhu thamizh", the "paravayae" song...
in some parts of the high pitches, his voice goes a bit derailed...
did anyone notice... is it because of his age, or is it like it was done intentionally...

just wanted to have a healthy discussion on this...

any comments...

Im a HC fan of IR. I also like his voice. IMHO IR should not attempt real high pitch songs. Age could be one obvious factor.

It is highly unfortunate that IR expects his singers to render his song with much perfection. For example, Meettaadha Oru Veenai rendered by Hariharan and Mahalakshmi Iyer who took hours and hours to satisfy IR, Hariharan himself told about this in an Interview to AV if I remember it right. But who is gonna ask IR to render with the same level of perfection :). I even liked the tune Rasigane En Arugil Vaa from Manipoor Maamiyaar. Such a wonderful tune+Music/song. But it is sad that IR could not render it to perfect, whereas if you listen to female voice (Vani Jayaram if I am right), she had done it effortlessly.

Digression, SPB is the only person that I can think of for perfect high pitch songs not even KJY. Remember Engaeyum Eppodhum, Sorgam Madhuvilae, Ennadi Meenatchi, songs from Kadhal Mannan, Amarkalam.

gopiharan
4th December 2007, 07:31 PM
btw, did you hear how A.R.R struggled to sing "Ella Pugazhum.." song in ATM from his own composition? listen to the song especially when he goes off keys when he utters "Unnal Mudiyum Thozha" in high pitch at length 4.56?
this happens to almost every composers...they are not specially trained to sing these kind of songs...but still they try their best...
that's what would have happened in Raja's case also!!

digression:-
did some one compare the theme music in shiva 2006 for the short villain cutney(malaysia) to the theme music for villain suman (athi) in Shivaji?
don't they sound kind of similar?

SoftSword
4th December 2007, 08:03 PM
oh god..
someone is getting hurt here...
but that was not my intention...

now am afraid to speak here, as people take things to heart than to brain...
:)

entertainment
5th December 2007, 05:29 AM
oh god..

Hey :),
Just share the thoughts. Since your intention is not to hurt anyone, you have the rights to put out your opinions/thoughts. BTW, I dunno how did you get the thought that someone got hurt?

SoftSword
5th December 2007, 12:03 PM
oh god..

Hey :),
Just share the thoughts. Since your intention is not to hurt anyone, you have the rights to put out your opinions/thoughts. BTW, I dunno how did you get the thought that someone got hurt?

cool...
see the post of mr.gopi, guess he took it like am pulling illayaraja with some hatred as am a arr fan...
am an arr fan for sure... but that doesn mean that i should have some hatred to other mds... especially i respect illayaraja more than arr..

ananth222
5th December 2007, 09:41 PM
oh god..
did you think he got hurt becos he made a comment abt ARR? would u have thought he was hurt if he said Deva instead of ARR?

Its not about getting hurt man... mayb he just mentioned ARR, but its the same for all composers. IR, ARR, HJ, Deva... the only composer with a perfect voice would be SPB. (maybe Chandrabose if you fancy).

Personally, I feel some songs are perfectly suited for IR, and in those songs he excels. Like some sogs from Eera vizhi kaaviyangal (very psychedelic, almost like "julia dream" or "strawberry fields"), some devotional numbers like Janani etc., some rustic, villager songs like "unakena thaane innerama" etc. He is just not suited for more taxing songs like "Kalyaana maalai". But unfortunately he likes to sing more songs than he needs to.
Also, I liked his voice in "rasigane en arugil vaa", it has a rustic flavor that adds to the song.

Renault
5th December 2007, 10:55 PM
btw, did you hear how A.R.R struggled to sing "Ella Pugazhum.." song in ATM from his own composition? listen to the song especially when he goes off keys when he utters "Unnal Mudiyum Thozha" in high pitch at length 4.56?
this happens to almost every composers...they are not specially trained to sing these kind of songs...but still they try their best...
that's what would have happened in Raja's case also!!

digression:-
did some one compare the theme music in shiva 2006 for the short villain cutney(malaysia) to the theme music for villain suman (athi) in Shivaji?
don't they sound kind of similar?

I agree... I noticed this when I attended ARR's show in SFO this June. He was struggling to sing Athiradee song in high pitch.. while Mohammed Aslam did a fantastic job in the same song..