PDA

View Full Version : Computer Software, Mobile SW, Hardware & related topics

Designer
27th April 2007, 08:29 AM
Computer Software, Mobile SW, Hardware & related topics

In this thread, hubbers can post info on PC & Mobile ph Software, links to free SW downloads, specifically PC related websites, Anti Virus & Anti Spyware Softwares, Device Drivers, Codecs, Windows tweaks, Registry cleaners, Desktop themes, Wallpapers, info on Programming languages, Internet Download accelerators, Hardware related info, etc.

Hubbers can also seek answers to PC/Mobile phone related SW/HW problems, bugs faced while coding programs, for which others with experience & knowledge can post solutions .

Designer
27th April 2007, 08:43 AM
Get free anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-rootkit, at this site. (http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1)

* AVG Anti-Virus Free
* AVG Anti-Spyware Free
* AVG Anti-Rootkit Free

AVG Anti-Virus Free, AVG Anti-Spyware Free and AVG Anti-Rootkit are for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only.

Designer
27th April 2007, 08:44 AM
DirectX Redistributable 9.0c APRIL 2007 :

Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based PCs an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full- color graphics, 3D animation, video and rich audio.

DirectX 9.0c includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX 9.0 APIs.

Download link :
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml#

DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime setup minimizes the download size but requires an internet connection during setup.

The DirectX 9.0c Redist is available for download for those users that do not have an internet connection available during installation or Setup has trouble connecting to the Microsoft server.

Designer
27th April 2007, 08:45 AM
1. INCREASE YOUR INTERNET BANDWIDTH !

Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes (for updates and interrogating your machine etc).

Here's how to get it back : (Works on XP Pro and 2000.)

click START -> RUN -> type "gpedit.msc" (without the quotes)

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> QOS Packet Scheduler -> Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is NOT configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."

So, ENABLE the reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.

It worked for me, so should work for you too.

2. Test your Internet connection speed at this site.

http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/test_0150.asp

Ravi Krishnan
29th April 2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks Designer. This is a good thread for those like me who have no technical knowledge about computers. Hope to post doubts and questions whenever I encounter them. Thanks once again. RK

Designer
2nd May 2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks Designer. This is a good thread for those like me who have no technical knowledge about computers. Hope to post doubts and questions whenever I encounter them. Thanks once again. RK

ur welcome Ravi Krishnan.

dev
18th April 2008, 12:46 PM
I'm not able to view some(many!!!) youtube videos...it just doesn't load... even a few I viewed y'day I'm not able to view today... what could be the problem?...

Sanguine Sridhar
18th April 2008, 12:52 PM
I'm not able to view some(many!!!) youtube videos...it just doesn't load... even a few I viewed y'day I'm not able to view today... what could be the problem?...

Ummm! Let me analyze your problem :roll:

First net connect pannineengala?! :lol2:

Thalafanz
18th April 2008, 01:11 PM
Designer anne, Thank you very much for opening this thread. This is indeed a very useful & informative thread.

:ty: :ty: :ty:

Thalafanz
18th April 2008, 01:14 PM
Is there any site that allow us to download free .NET e-books???
Or
Is there any site that can really come in handy to learn .NET from scratch??? (The only website I know is - http://w3schools.com/)

Thanks in advance :)

Designer
18th April 2008, 08:11 PM
Yoga: you are welcome!

Designer anne, Thank you very much for opening this thread. This is indeed a very useful & informative thread.

:ty: :ty: :ty:

dev
18th April 2008, 08:27 PM

:evil: rombe too much...

Designer
18th April 2008, 08:42 PM
Dev: I haven't faced this problem yet, neeyways are you able to access the youtube site and still not able to view the videos? Try checking if ur firewall is blocking the site/youtube widgets/program from loading.

ajithfederer
18th April 2008, 10:25 PM
:lol:... :rotfl:

dev
19th April 2008, 07:46 AM
Dev: I haven't faced this problem yet, neeyways are you able to access the youtube site and still not able to view the videos? Try checking if ur firewall is blocking the site/youtube widgets/program from loading.

Des, I was able to access youtube...& even view some videos... but many other videos were not loading... today it's better... I tried reinstalling the flash player as suggested in their help sec... maybe that is making the diff... :)

Designer
19th April 2008, 08:05 AM
cool, btw certain sites may require Shockwave player (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15508&sliceId=2#1) /other plugins to view the videos. :)

Des, I was able to access youtube...& even view some videos... but many other videos were not loading... today it's better... I tried reinstalling the flash player as suggested in their help sec... maybe that is making the diff... :)

Designer
19th July 2008, 07:04 AM
DirectX Redistributable 9.0c June 2008 :

Microsoft DirectX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX) is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based PCs an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, 3D animation, video and rich audio.

DirectX 9.0c includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX 9.0 APIs.

Download link :
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml#

The DirectX 9.0c Redist is available for download for those users that do not have an internet connection available during installation or Setup has trouble connecting to the Microsoft server.

DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime setup minimizes the download size but requires an internet connection during setup.

Wibha
19th July 2008, 07:16 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wibha
19th September 2008, 01:11 PM
I have a Question.

If i save an java document(eclipse) in my flash drive, would i have to make it compatible to use it on a MAC? or is it not necessary? :?

(sorry for not phrasing my sentence properly :|)