PDA

View Full Version : thiruvasakam in symphony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

vijayr
2nd August 2005, 03:33 AM
MSK, if you scroll down to Hymn 10 in this page, look out for verses 1,2,3,4,6,12,15 and 16 which have been used in this song

http://siddhanta.shaivam.org/thivapop.htm

From the translation Kunippudayaan apparently means the "mystic dancer"

Honey from any flower sip not, though small
as tiniest grain of millest seed !

Whene'ver we think of Him, whene'er we see,
whene'er of Him our lips converse,

Then sweetest rapture's honey ever flows,
till all our frame in bliss dissolves !

To Him alone, the mystic Dancer, go;
AND BREATHE HIS PRAISE, THOU HUMMING-BEE !

you can DL entire Thiruvasagam in Tamil in PDF format from the links here
http://siddhanta.shaivam.org/thivacha.html

Arjuna
2nd August 2005, 03:38 AM
I have also written the translation of the Kothumbi song from the Pope's translation

Check this link
http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com/

Arjuna
2nd August 2005, 03:40 AM
TISK - I shall put your link in my blog too :)

Arjuna
2nd August 2005, 03:42 AM
TISK - I have put a link from my blog - Check it out :

http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com - do u want me to put a side banner too? let me know - just leave a comment in my blog incase I dont check tfmpage..

vijayr
2nd August 2005, 03:43 AM
It starts of in Sudhdhadhanyaasi and changes to Sumanesaranjani(if I am right) from verse 4 onwards(use the song "yedho ninaivugaL" from agal ViLakku as reference for this scale or the abheri/Sumanesaranjani transition attempted similiarly earlier in "sangath thamizh kaviye" song, the last charanam of this song is in Sumanesaranjani) and then returns back to SD towards the end of the song.

vijayr
2nd August 2005, 03:46 AM
I was stuck with this song for quite some time too before I moved on to other pieces. The reason being, with minimal scale changes the song is "light" like some of his TFM tunes, easy to follow and the backing harmony in some places is terrific.

slperson1
2nd August 2005, 05:34 AM
I was expecting much much more from this album.
But was highly highly disappointed.
I was at the American release and the way the guy talked it up he said that it was the first of its kind mix of western and eastern music...but the only thing eastern in this album is the singers.
there arent any indian instruments in this whole album that i heard.

THe work rahman did with vanessa mae i think is a better piece to bridge the gap between western and eastern music when compared to thiruvasagam.

i know all the IR fans are gonan come in a sworm to bash me but this is my honest opinion.Ive heard better mixes of the two kinds of music by many other musicians. the way this was talked up doesnt have n e thing "special" about it.yes the music is good but it isnt special.

ananth222
2nd August 2005, 05:48 AM
I was at the American release and the way the guy talked it up he said that it was the first of its kind mix of western and eastern music...but the only thing eastern in this album is the singers.
there arent any indian instruments in this whole album that i heard.

A lot of people think that 'fusion" means u have a sitar playing some indian tune and some drums are keyboard playing some western tune (or even worse, a dull repetetive "groove'). This is like mixing coffe grounds in milk and calling it coffee - it just sucks! real fusion is when you mix the coffee dicauction in milk - you can't seperate the milk and coffee but its one tasty drink.
Ilaiyraaja's fusion is great just for that reason - you cannot easily seperate 'western' or 'eastern' parts in his music - they form a uniform blend.

Unfortunately a lot of bad music passes for "fusion" and real fusion as it should be is not appreciated.

slperson1
2nd August 2005, 08:15 AM
Correct you cannot separate it into parts in thiruvasagam becuz it is purely western instruments playing his tune.there truly isnt anything unique about this album.there isnt anything too "blend" as u say.he didnt try anything very "difficult" from my stand point.all he did was get this symphony to play western music which they are accustomed too.the only feat was that he an indian music director is the one who gave the notes to the people.

app_engine
2nd August 2005, 08:40 AM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewlite.php?t=4174

slperson1, your personal opinion / observations are valuable...however, a humble request...the thread above is more appropriate for them...(exclusively for personal vendetta against IR :-)

Let people discuss finer aspects of TbI here...

slperson1
2nd August 2005, 09:50 AM
I humbly decline ur request.this is the thiruvasagam thread where thiruvasagam can be discussed both sides of the album.

cry_sandiego
2nd August 2005, 09:50 AM
Also look at the 4th verse.. Vaithanithi Pendir Makkal Kualm kalvi.." Beautifully portrays today's life man.. We are all confused in this wordly matters..and totally forget the purpose of life..

"In this mad world, amid stress and strife confused,
from birth and death, that ceaseless spring, -
Where hoarded treasure, women, offspring, tribe,
and learning's store, men prize and seek; -
He calms the storm of mental changing states,
and clears from error's mists the soul.
To mystic wisdom's mighty God go thou,
AND BREATHE HIS PRAISE, O HUMMING-BEE !"

Also in the last verse.." Ullapadathat Thiruvuruvai..." IR uses a delayed chorus which sounds very apt for the ending..

The opening few seconds of the song reminds me of " Siru pon manu asaiyum athil therikum siru isaiyum..". that was the clue that it was set to SD.

All in all , a true masterpeice album.. I want to finish the rest of the tracks though..

I jumped to track 5.. preserving #4 for the weekend..
Cheers
MSK

csramasami
2nd August 2005, 10:11 AM
Ananth has said it excellently. I use the "Dosai maavu" analogy like ananth finds the Coffee analogy.

Still, current generation expects fusion means mixing Balamurali krishna with Micahel Jakson. IR takes BMK with Bach, I mean Classical Vs Classical. Even the word Vs is wrong, the word "with" is more appropriate. "Classical with Classical".

Both exist with their purity and bliss ! At the same time they are also not existing as individuals because they have already blended well. Now its for you to find the faults in Western from Carnatic angle and find faults in Carnatic with Western angle. If you choose the right vision, you can see the best of both ! The choice is yours !

In Polla Vinayen, the western chorus singers sing our raagam and our chorus sings their scales. One has to take a deep plunge into all aspects from notations to scales to voices to verses to everything to arrive at a reasonable comment on the fusion aspect of TIS. That's not under the capacity of many of our listeners like me. Of course IR also doesnot want any comments/ certificates as he has founded and well established a new musical religion of fusion a long long ago and the people has already accepted and following them without even knowing the rules and procedures ! To feel and enjoy God (in this case for me, IR) you dont need them ! Those are the people who has recognised TIS and fortunate to enjoy TIS !

Jacky
2nd August 2005, 10:17 AM
[tscii:3d66514db3]
there isnt anything too "blend" as u say.he didnt try anything very "difficult" from my stand point.

I think you must listen to PollaVinayen from 17.55, blend which you call is very obvious. Also check the rendering from 19.30, at least to me they certainly weren't singing in Indian Style.

[/tscii:3d66514db3]

Shankar
2nd August 2005, 11:38 AM
TISK,
It seems mohankumars has uploaded thiruvAsagam (all the songs not just samples from the CD)...My friend has downloaded it from their site..Pls take necessary action.

Arjuna
2nd August 2005, 12:12 PM
Hi Shankar,
Thanks for leaving your comments :) Sure - what I would do is - I shall post a series of threads with the translations - and then summarising it properly - since the translations are word to word by the Rev. Pope.

I shall put a side banner too..

alwarpet_andavan
2nd August 2005, 12:49 PM
Ignoring vanessa mae, "fusion" discussions and other inanities, let's move on.......

csramaswami/vijayr or anyone else here...
A few questions from a novice.....
I've already made the post regarding the Q's here but i can't get this out of my mind..... listened to IT 3 times on the trot last night and once this morning......still keep hearing "putril vaazh aravum anjen"....

1. Poovar senni mannan - Is the Raaga vakhulabharanam?
2. Kothumbi seemed like Sudhadhanyasi all through the song to me
3. Putril vaazh aravum anjen - Starts with Maand and ends with Kaapi? Is it correct? Also, is there any other scale(s) i'm missing in between?

vijayr
2nd August 2005, 01:41 PM
alwarpet, most songs have scale changes in them, cannot attribute them to just one scale.Kothumbi changes scale after the 3rd verse like I mentioned earlier(to Sumanesaranjani if I am right). Putril Vaazh starts off with Maand and then moves on to Tilang and maybe Charukesi. Last stanza does sound like Kaapi to me although I need to hear it again. The transition from one verse to another is so smooth that you never realize it.Yet each verse brings out a totally different mood from the previous one.

Polla Vinayen traverses through a spectrum of moods/time signatures and scales- KeeravaNi, Hamsanandhi, kalyaNi, simmendramadhyamam etc. are some of the scales of which I could catch a fleeting glimpse. But seriously, TIS, with a exception of few verses, is beyond any raga analysis that we do for film songs. These are more like chants with less emphasis on raga elaboration and more on soulful rendition with WCM/choral backing. In Polla Vinayen the chorus lines are the ones that create the effect. Maasatra sodhiye, aakkam arivu, Namachivaaya vaazhga etc. are some places where IR makes goosepimples run amuck all over us.

jaiganes
2nd August 2005, 03:51 PM
Deviating from Polla Vinayaen, I want to focus on "Muthu natraamam poo maalai soodi". It is sung by many singers is something everyone can readily point out, however there is an interesting twist in that each of the lead singers have contrasting scales of voices. The first one starts with a higher pitch and then successive singers sing in lower pitches. It is like a flautist using flutes of different length for a song, IR uses voices of different pitch or makes singers sing in different pitch (I am perhaps confused between pitch and scale. I guess I am not wrong). It also gives us a picture of progression and regression , like a swing rocking front and back. The reason being that the song is about the Lord and his consort in swing while the entire universe is watching the spectacle.
The male and female voices complete the song in a beautiful , brisque fashion. Watch out for Madhu Balakrishnan sing "Naayir kadaippatta nammai" and the finishing drum rolls on "devanum deviyum aada aada". Majestic and captivating.

sureshmehcnit
2nd August 2005, 04:43 PM
Please clear some of my doubts regarding TIS here

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/some-doubts-on-thiruvasakam-illayaraja.html

csramasami
2nd August 2005, 06:37 PM
Alwarpet Andavaa ! VijayR has mostly answered you. However, I am reproducing my posting in IR-yahoo club regarding "Putril Vazh". Since many here may "hate" or "advice" against such analysis, I am requesting intersted people to look for such thing in the Ilaiyaragam yahoo site & file sections (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ilaiyaragam/files/) or mesage sections of IR-Yahoo club (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ilaiyaraaja/)

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my first time thoughts about the scale / raga modulations of the last song of TIO “Putril Vaazh”

Basically the whole song is set with “C” as the tonic. (Assuming my keyboard and ear is OK) So there is no tonic shift which is normally employed for modulation.

As per WCM modulation concept, you change just a note (or two) from previous scale and reach for another scale. Here IR starts with “C-Major” and for each paragraphs he changes one note in succession and reach another scale. While deliberating on Ragam will lead to a lot of debates, explaining Raaja’s approach/ concept for this song Scalewise, it is relatively easier ! Here it goes !

First Humming – C Major – with the prayogams he could give me the feeling of “Maandu”raagam or Behag etc. I am not sure ! (If somebody is reminded of “Aayiram Kan pOdhadhu Vanna kiliye” they can support me !) But that’s only the humming portion !

Now Para-1 : Putril Vazh Aravam Anjen ! – Here he has started with C-Major (sankarabaranam); and for better (!?) understanding of the balance analysis by all people (including who does not know scale, as they can at least see the mathematic/visual pat of it!) I am putting the following table of notes:

C D E F G A B C

In Para-2 : VanPulal Velum Anjen – Here the same C-Major continues and he settles well there.

Para-3 : Kiliyanar Kilavi Anjen – The journey of modulation starts right from the interludes betweerrn para 2 & 3 . – As anticipated, he changes one note, which is B and
gets the B-flat . (also retains the original B for a beautiful flavor) . So the para-2 deals with following notes:

C D E F G A Bb C

I can guess some janya raga of harikamboji or so. (I am confused with feelings of thilang, desh based songs etc anyway I am not the expert to confirm)

Para-4 : Pini Elaam Varinum Anjen – Now alongwith already modified B, you modify A also, and get the A-flat.

C D E F G Ab Bb C

Naturally, this leads to Charukesi based raga (may be exact charukesi or nearby).

Para-5 : ThariSeri Kalirum Anjen – Having understood the sequence, we have to change one more note fo another modulation and this times it is “E” and get the E-Flat.

C D Eb F G Ab Bb C

We are getting the kind of minor scale, say melodic minor. Natabairavi, Aberi, karaharapriya janyam etc etc may be mentioned by experts, I am not sure !

Para-6 – Konila Vaalum Anjen – Having changed already three notes, now comes the ingenuity of the one and only King ! Here he tries to use all the three original and their corresponding modified notes !

C D Eb E F G Ab A Bb B C

If anyone notice the dramatic interlude between the 5th and the 6th para, this chromatic usage of all the notes can be felt. Such a clever usage of the swaras according to me gives the feeling of Kaapi raagam or its nearby!

So its all about change of Nishadam, then Dhaivadham and then Gandharam and finally using all these changed swaraas with the original that’s what the scheme of the song is about !

Those who have keyboard can try these and confirm my feeling!

Another aspect of this song is the bhaavam expressed by Raaja in each paragraph, it’s quite amazing and extra-ordinarliy matching with the selected ragas ! Starting from humming in a folk style in the beginning as if some ordinary man just like that started singing to…….. very much romantic feeling in para-3 (Kiliyanar )…… to….strong deep sorrowful sentiments feeling in para-4 charukesi raagam…… to ….. very polite pleading tone in last few lines of last para in kapi raagam………., the ranges he shows are enormously overwhelming !

I don’t know whether others will agree or not, IR is in such youthful voice never before one can imagine, and reminds me in many places yesteryear songs/voices/modulations of singer PB Srinivas! Of course that’s my personal feelings !

UNQUOTE

Poovar Senni Mannan - is in E-Minor indicating the "SIndhuBairavi" o nearby raaga. "PovomKaalam Vandhadhu Kaan" has some deviations might have given you the feeling of "Vahulabaranam

Pooveru Konum - yet to analyse - but SD and SUmanesranjini is clear. But"Naayenai Thannadigal Paduvitha Nayakanai.." appears different breed. To be checked

Regards

CSRamasami

alwarpet_andavan
2nd August 2005, 07:09 PM
Vijayr,
Thanks a lot for the reply...

And Ramaswamy,
Thanks for your analysis too :)
In fact, i didn't get the attachment you'd sent in the yahoo groups as i had not selected "individual mails" options then.....

jeera
2nd August 2005, 11:38 PM
CSR

Thank so much for the analysis. Like everybody has their favorite in this album - mine turns out to be 'Putril vazh'. It is a simple tune and now I understand why it sounds so folk blended with western. Great piece.

ananth222
3rd August 2005, 12:17 AM
Thanks csramasami
very informative and enlightening!

Arjuna
3rd August 2005, 01:19 AM
Shankar - just to let you know I have put the side banner of tis-usa in my blog: http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com

cry_sandiego
3rd August 2005, 01:20 AM
Thanks for all the comments..

What i liked about the KO Thumbi track is the scale changes are so seamless.

I still wish he had one more track similar to that.. :-)) we always complain Huh..

Cheers
MSK

TISK
3rd August 2005, 01:38 AM
Thanks a lot, Mr. Arjun! Its a great help!
Wish more people promote like this!
YIA!

thops
3rd August 2005, 08:23 AM
could somebody check if they can play this stream and let me know...

mms://38.119.36.227/ssarc/300k/27_07_2005/Maestro Illaya Raja.wmv

thops
3rd August 2005, 08:24 AM
fixing the URL...first attempt

mms://38.119.36.227/ssarc/300k/27_07_2005/Maestro%20Illaya%20Raja.wmv

TISK
3rd August 2005, 10:17 AM
nope!

vijayr
3rd August 2005, 11:00 AM
thops, I am not sure if pasting the link would work. I tried it. It didnt work even while I was logged into numtv. You can try clicking on the link above yourself. It gives an error message. One soln I see(apart from hacking) is capturing the streamed file using a video recorder software and converting it into an .asf or .ra file.Slightly tedious process.

thops
3rd August 2005, 11:45 AM
vijayr...the link actually worked a few times when i was logged out of numtv...but now it has indeed stopped working...

i have been trying various ways of capturing the stream without too much luck...

Arjuna
3rd August 2005, 07:45 PM
You are welcome Shankar :)

http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com

TISK
4th August 2005, 12:19 AM
Requesting all of you in USA to let us know of any Tamil or major Indian functions coming up in your area in this month and if you will be willing to promote TbI there as our representative.[Both are different components and are not contingent on the other!]
Your help and co-operation will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
YIA!!

app_engine
4th August 2005, 01:02 AM
TISK, Please spend a few minutes here...this is very popular in Michigan (practically 100% of Indians visit here regularly)...
http://miindia.com/

prabhudas
4th August 2005, 05:04 AM
Thops,
Did u try any of those "Windows media stream recorders"?
"GetASFStream" is a freeware, I don't know how good it is though, there are are few more of those.
BTW, how good is "numtv" quality, is it worth subscribing, quality wise, ?

Prabhudas

cry_sandiego
4th August 2005, 07:54 AM
Vijay,

what scale do you think " Maasatra Sothi Malarntha Malar Sudare.." is set to .. Hindolam.?

thops
4th August 2005, 08:24 AM
prabhudas...i have tried a few of the stream recorders...they dont work..num tv quality is okay...i dont watch it much...

vijayr
4th August 2005, 08:48 AM
cry,its close to Karaharapriya based on just the notes. The first 2 lines are based on just 4 notes, so its difficult to tell. But as the chorus takes over you get a slightly more clearer picture.(Slight Abheri'sh flavour too as it happens to be a derivative raga of Karaharapriya)

vijayr
4th August 2005, 08:54 AM
If you have cable modem or better, quality is not bad at all. I Have watched full films from Jaya/Raj archives. They archive programs upto 15 days so you can watch it anytime.

sivakumar99
4th August 2005, 11:55 AM
windows media recorder is a very good one. the recording quality is very good.

http://www.wmrecorder.com/

emjay
4th August 2005, 08:21 PM
India Day 2005 is planned to be celeberated on Aug 15th in Michigan at Novi Expo Center. It is such a big event that last year, there were around 15,000 people who thronged there.

It is such a nice opportunity to promote TbI. I am positive that we can move as many as 200 easily. But, unfortunately, due to certain personal committments, I am not available that week in Michigan.

Anyone in Michigan willing to volunteer? Pls. PM me at mohanjraman@gmail.com

app_engine
4th August 2005, 11:20 PM
emjay, as you may be aware, Novi & the surrounding area has a strong Telugu speaking community and marketing this (predominantly) as a WCM work by Raja will help...

A couple of months back I was seeing some Raja related photos on indiaglitz while at work...and our tech lead (a Telugu lady) who came to my seat remarked to another Indian (an Assamese) that this man is the great music composer from south...I think a lot of Telugu speaking people feel the same way & probably you can move bigger volumes if you target them (as they say, music has no language barriers)...

emjay
4th August 2005, 11:55 PM
app_engine,

Absolutely. This is a terrific opportunity. Unfortunately, my personal plans are coming in its way. Don't want to let this loose. Lets see if anyone from MI can volunteer this effort.

The booth costs $150 but, if we share with someone, we can even get to $75.

TISK
6th August 2005, 06:51 AM
Please listen to this plea and if you really want to do something for this great album, then please make one more person buy this album or you may buy one as a gift for your kith and kin. We need to sell another 3000 CD's to make it even with our loans and hope you will act now.
I am confident that it will eventullay sell out but you all can hasten it by coing to our help now1
Thanks
YIA!!
"umgalai nambiththaan idhil eedupatten; ippodhum ungalaiththaan nambugiREn!"
www.tis-usa.com

kiru
7th August 2005, 12:28 AM
Folks, if you are in the SF Bay Area, please pick up a free copy of the thenRal magazine Aug issue. Manivannan (of Bay Area Tamil Sangam) has devoted a very large part of the magazine to the coverage of TIO, with IR on the cover and interviews with Father. Very interesting read. If you know Manivannan, please send him an email appreciating this.
BTW, please bring up TIO in email/telephone and personal conversations with people. This will spread awareness of the album.

TISK
7th August 2005, 12:53 AM
My sincere thanks to Mr. Manivannan for boldly bringing out the role of the US NRI's which has not so far been PROPERLY recognized even by IIR!
Please read the article on 'america thamizhargaLin pangu' and I am ever grateful to him for this!!
Pl. encourage your friends and family to read this article and also help us by buying more copies of this CD!
www.tis-usa.com
YIA!!
anbudan
sankarkumar

tmrrmt
7th August 2005, 10:02 AM
Good news everyone! read on :

------------------------------------------------------------

"Madhan,

I've been extremely busy this past few weeks but have been able to listen to the CDs in the car. Thank you for sending them - it's always good to discover new composers and I enjoyed the CDs though perhaps not appreciating the cultural significance of some works.

The mfiles site has a strong emphasis on film music and I note that Raja has written music for 100s of films. I am therefore thinking of adding him to the mfiles film composer section.

Jim Paterson
jim@mfiles.co.uk
mfiles - the music files
http://www.mfiles.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------

mfiles website is a major attraction for music agents all over the world and Mr.Jim Paterson will also feature a detailed description of TiS, HTNI and NBW in his website!

Efforts are on other fronts as well - keep your fingers crossed buddies!!

PS: TiS outcome is becoming as thrilling and fascinating as the current Ashes series (Eng and Aus) - Shane Warne's rippers filled six-for followed by a Bothamesque show by Flintoff!!

njv
8th August 2005, 06:17 AM
Review of Polla Vinayen by a carnatic musician/music composer (name removed for identity reason). I met him in a store where he was looking for TIS CD and found out that he compose his own (fusion) music and release CDs. I asked him what kinda music he likes and not so surprisingly, he said he is Raja fan. Anyway coming to the review

The main piece of this album "Poyyavinaiyen" is a
brilliant piece of work. As a composition, a great
attempt has been made to mix Tamil and English vocals
in an opera style symphony. The song opens with an
orchestration resembling "Kanna Varuvaya" from the
film "Manadhil Urudhi Vendum". For those familiar with
Raaja's work in film music, a lot of these
orchestrations in various Indian Raagas have been
brilliantly set to reach the common man.

This treat is especially for the connoisseur of music,
especially those who can appreciate music as a
manifestation of divine energy.

The lyrics discusses the evolution of mankind and the
eventual merging of the individual soul with the
supreme. The music traces these soul evolution and
culminates in a crescendo set to ragam "Hamsanandhi"
with the finale of the "OM". Raaja has cleverly
handled a soothing tune for "Namashivaya Vazhga" in
Kalyani ragam very much like a silence after a storm.

Towards the end of the work, the choice of Ragam -
Shanmugapriya for the verses praising Lord Shiva is
very apt.

The violins galloping in various places is typical of
a symphony and is very well written for the various
carnatic ragams used.

The album is bound to kindle lot of interest in
Manickavaasagar's songs.

ezy0265
8th August 2005, 07:09 AM
njv,

Why is your review so unbelievable; first you don't want to reveal the person's name. Very strange, what is so secretive about reviewing TiS. Secondly you met him while he was looking for the CD and yet you managed to get such insightful review from him, is it on the spot or what???!!!

If you want to make it authentic you don't have to play such scams.

TISK,

also please stop urging us to buy one more CD. We have all done our part and finally I have bought my own original CD from Singapore. Even though my whole campus TLS members were waiting to buy the original, you folks were simply sitting on it and did not even bother to get it supplied to our distributors on time. Some of us got so sick of your incompetencies, that including myself we downloaded our TiS from the web. Don't blame us!!! I finally got mine when my uncle returned from Chennai and I asked him to get me a copy on the way. He could not get the complete set as I wanted. He could only get the audio without the video!!!Not my fault again. You people promised so much and then did such a sloppy job in marketing and promoting the product. At least you could have got the CDs to the main distributors in time......but no I have been observing you all basically "kundu sattikulla kuthure ottigal" mathiri basically doing a cheap and unreliable MLM scheme of marketing and that too all for free!!! Please you could have made this a blockbuster, for the amount of free publicity that you have got from all media forms for free also. Yet without showing any figures of actual sales done so far , you are still asking the same old folks to buy more. Where is the logic and fairness in this please tell me.

ezy0265
8th August 2005, 07:17 AM
njv,

Why is your review so unbelievable; first you don't want to reveal the person's name. Very strange, what is so secretive about reviewing TiS. Secondly you met him while he was looking for the CD and yet you managed to get such insightful review from him, is it on the spot or what???!!!

If you want to make it authentic you don't have to play such scams.

TISK,

also please stop urging us to buy one more CD. We have all done our part and finally I have bought my own second copy original CD from Singapore. Even though my whole campus TLS members were waiting to buy the original, you folks were simply sitting on it and did not even bother to get it supplied to our distributors on time. Some of us got so sick of your incompetencies, that including myself we downloaded our TiS from the web. Don't blame us!!! I finally got mine when my uncle returned from Chennai and I asked him to get me a copy on the way. He could not get the complete set as I wanted. He could only get the audio without the video!!!Not my fault again. You people promised so much and then did such a sloppy job in marketing and promoting the product. At least you could have got the CDs to the main distributors in time......but no I have been observing you all basically "kundu sattikulla kuthure ottigal" mathiri doing a cheap and unreliable MLM scheme of marketing and that too all for free!!! Please you could have made this a blockbuster, for the amount of "free" publicity that you have got from all media forms including TV channels and radio channels. Yet without showing any figures of actual sales done so far , you are still asking the same old folks to buy more. Where is the logic and fairness in this please tell me. Buy now we should have been told exact sales figures, which we are all sure is very very good from what we have abserved and heard from friends all over.

Shankar
8th August 2005, 09:40 AM
thanks njv for the review...however, it just goes to show how a good musician need not be a good reviewer.

Shankar
8th August 2005, 09:40 AM
NOM, to you or the musician, NJV.

alwarpet_andavan
8th August 2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.geocities.com/am_aanand/index.html

njv
8th August 2005, 03:51 PM
njv,

I met him last Sunday and I posted the reivew 1 week after. I cant give another person's review with his name in a public forum, specially where cheap minded people like you come and visit, so thats why I removed the name.

If you are open minded, just give full details of you when you disucss in this forum, and you will see what I mean by "Privacy". You dont know, but only TISK and I know that another person who discuss in this forum, got almost sued for some postings.

LBNL, get some good life.

Shankar
8th August 2005, 04:10 PM
aa,
what's the link about ? It says the page isn't avbl.

alwarpet_andavan
8th August 2005, 04:46 PM
aa,
what's the link about ? It says the page isn't avbl.
Its the India today cover story on Ilayaan... sorry if its already been posted here...
I think there's a temporary problem with the link....

Try this one..
http://www.geocities.com/am_aanand/raaja_it_05.html

sats
8th August 2005, 08:30 PM
AA

thanks, very nice and very well written article. IR deserves it.

TISK
9th August 2005, 12:40 AM
Read what Stephen Schwartz had to say after listening to the complete Cd last week, at www.tis-usa.com.

YIA!!

app_engine
9th August 2005, 01:34 AM
aa, excellent work...the editorial is really good...

BTW, did India Today have anything at all related to TbI in their regular English (all-India) edition?

baroque
9th August 2005, 05:07 AM
Fantastic!! Thanks India Today!
Namba Raaja cute aa yerukka! MSV kooda bhavyamaa happyaa yerukka :) Balukooda jollyaa kattikkara :D Raaja use balu again in your music, adhudhaan aasai!!

TISK
9th August 2005, 05:21 AM
Dear 'ezy2005',
I think you must have comne from MARS or you haven't been following this thread at all. I am not hurt by your comments but feel sorry for your ignorance.
Tis-USA has NOTHING to do with the distribution but is only doing it as an additional service[burden?!] to get this great CD in the hands of our US fans who have done so much for making this happen, which fact has not been recognized nor acknowledged by those concerned including IIR so far!
This is a fact and everyone who is a regular in this thread knows this as a fact and your careless comments are really uncalled for!
Tis-USA IS not in charge of the distribution[especially overseas], which solely rests in the hands of IIR and I request you and anyone else concerned of this to write to IIR personally to take the necessary action!
Don't provoke us!
YIA!!

vijayr
9th August 2005, 05:38 AM
"which fact has not been recognized nor acknowledged by those concerned including IIR so far! "

Thats sad.
I have always thought that TIS-USA wasnt properly acknowledged. In most interviews Fr. Gasper would talk about his own loans and not aword about the NRI contribution. I hope someone tells IR that without TIS-USA, TIS would have been just his dream and little else.

njv
9th August 2005, 07:23 AM
Dear 'ezy2005',
I think you must have comne from MARS or you haven't been following this thread at all. I am not hurt by your comments but feel sorry for your ignorance.
Tis-USA has NOTHING to do with the distribution but is only doing it as an additional service[burden?!] to get this great CD in the hands of our US fans who have done so much for making this happen, which fact has not been recognized nor acknowledged by those concerned including IIR so far!
This is a fact and everyone who is a regular in this thread knows this as a fact and your careless comments are really uncalled for!
Tis-USA IS not in charge of the distribution[especially overseas], which solely rests in the hands of IIR and I request you and anyone else concerned of this to write to IIR personally to take the necessary action!
Don't provoke us!
YIA!!

TISK,

you are wasting your time here. These people doesnt expect an answer from you. They are just trying to provoke. Like I mentioned before they have got "free" internet connection and using it.

TISK
9th August 2005, 08:24 AM
I'm sorry, njv. I just lost my cool for a moment and promise that it wont happen again!
Thanks.
But, Fr.jegath is a good man and please leave him out of this.
YIA!

prabhudas
9th August 2005, 09:19 AM
AA, Thanks for the link, nice article.
One thing for sure, IMHO, IR looks like he has opened up a lot especially after TIO, almost every interview and his speech on the CD launch ceremony seem more apt than his interviews in the past. He also looks more energetic and vibrant ( adhu daan namakku thevai), so many new movies in pipeline ( despite him saying "niraiya projects pannra idea irukku).

( listening to "Pollavinayaen' right now and waiting for IR's "Namashivaya Vaazhga" line before "Maasattra sodhi" to squeeze the life out of my body everytime, like unplugging a massive robust machine from a power source with just 1 button in the flick of a second..Oh my God..... we need more and more Maestro despite this)

I don't know, if the SS channel coverage ever showed, Rev.Fr.Jegath's speech on that day, I left my videotapes in India from my personal recording, I will upload it sometime next month, at one point he made this very affirmative statement , "Innum sariyaga 2 varudathukkul, indha Isaithoguppukku kandippaga "Grammy Isai" parisai perumpadiyaga seyvom enra vaakurudhiyai Isaignani kku inru naangal azhikkirom", I might not have replicated verbatim. There was huge applause, if I remember either then or some other time, IR raised his hands up,symbolising YIA.
Without any question, this work is beyond "Grammy Award", and "Grammy Awards" committiee should be proud of themselves honouring such monumental work. But in reality, there needs to be a lot of PR/background lobbying needs to be done especially these kind of projects despite being extraordinary. I am sure Rev.Fr.Jegath is working for that, I just wanted to ask "Stephen Shwartz" in his forum, about possibility of nomination and required ground work towards this, since himself and Richard King are involved. who are already winners of Oscar and Grammy respectively.

Prabhudas

njv
9th August 2005, 09:51 AM
I just wanted to ask "Stephen Shwartz" in his forum, about possibility of nomination and required ground work towards this, since himself and Richard King are involved. who are already winners of Oscar and Grammy respectively.

Prabhudas
The question was asked before and he mentioned that IR's PR will do this, since he dont have anything to say on this. So...

I just hope that Fr Jegath does something here cuz he truly deserve grammy and much more. I was listening to BBC's "Pattondru Kettaen" from 34 to 45 and unbelievable. When you listen to TFM, you just like it cuz it feels good, but there are so many complex part in IRs music. One of the song was from Raajaparvai where IR used western classical and then carnatic and then hindustani followed by a Ghazal interlude and what not. Is he god or what? Its 12:20 AM and still couldnt get sleep after listening to sample Moods Of Illayaraja album. Another excellent one and must buy. Hope the CD will be out very soon.

Neels
9th August 2005, 01:22 PM
I am not sure if these links have been posted here already: Here are some links to reviews on the Thiruvasakam album:

http://www.lokvani.com/lokvani/article.php?article_id=2608

http://www.indianguitartabs.com/archive/index.php/t-11169.html

rajasaranam
9th August 2005, 03:33 PM
njv,

where did you listened to samples of Moods of Raja :?:

crvenky
9th August 2005, 03:59 PM
rajasaranam,

Pl go to www.agimusic.com and there Future releases. There is one 1 min sample of a track, which is based on Guru film's theme.

rajasaranam
9th August 2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks venky :)

njv
9th August 2005, 10:12 PM
TiS criticisms should go to the other thread..

http ://cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/09082005-1.shtml

jeera
9th August 2005, 10:55 PM
There should be some way of stopping the websites putting up TBI and allowing viewers to download. Lot so people I have apporoched say that they already have the songs downloaded and are unwilling to buy. I am not sure if this is just an excuse or the songs are out there somewhere to download.

Is there anyway to sue this people if we find that they have put up the songs on the web?

njv
10th August 2005, 05:59 AM
Anyone from Philadelphia willing to volunteer

http://www.indiacouncil.org/

They have cultural program and expecting around 6000 people across india, but since its conducted by Telugu people, I expect more south indians than others and the table is only $100.

I am going there anyway since my kid is participating but if someone can give me a hand, we can promote TIS.

Even if 10% of them are Tamil we have 600 people and if only 10% buy the CDs, its 60 copies. It doesnt make business sense, but TIS will be popular.

tmrrmt
10th August 2005, 10:50 AM
Dear njv - can you check your mails and also your inbox here pls ?

alias
10th August 2005, 09:50 PM
There should be some way of stopping the websites putting up TBI and allowing viewers to download. Lot so people I have apporoched say that they already have the songs downloaded and are unwilling to buy. I am not sure if this is just an excuse or the songs are out there somewhere to download.

Is there anyway to sue this people if we find that they have put up the songs on the web?

Jeera, your attitude is wrong. Just because some people download TIS, you want to sue them, what about other people who download Film music albums? Say you want to sue all people who made the songs downloadable on the net. Thats valid. Even their albums are from hard earned money.

multinamatheyan
10th August 2005, 10:09 PM
I'm with you alias.

Let's sue all of them. touchy! touchy!!

:lol:

TISK
10th August 2005, 10:36 PM
'manam kaavalaa? 'mouse' kaavalaa?!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-) :lol:

emjay
11th August 2005, 03:25 AM
TISK,

Here is the link that has instructions on how to make our album listed in BORDERS book store.

http://www.bordersgroupinc.com/artists/publishers.htm

-Mohan

TISK
11th August 2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks a lot! Will follow it up and will let you all know! YIA!!

Sanjeevi
11th August 2005, 12:31 PM
Any sales figure for Thiruvasagam CD / cassette?

emjay
12th August 2005, 12:39 AM
Hi-

1) We can check with Pittsburgh temple, Arora and Wheeling temple if they would like to keep some TbI @ their stores!

2) Whenever a new movie is released (say Tamil), we kinda know the persons involved in ticket distribution in our local theatres, right? So, we can contact them to have TbI aside with them RIGHT at the place of distributing tickets @ Theatre..

Makes sense?

(Sorry for posting the same content in a wrong thread!!)

TISK
12th August 2005, 01:26 AM
Both are being done by a few at their own centers. Need more people to join and do the same in other places.
YIA!

rooky
13th August 2005, 10:18 AM
There is an interview from ilayaraja (titled "thiruvasakathin thalai magan") on Raj TV at 1.00 pm and a program about his thiruvasagam at 07.00 pm on K TV

rooky
13th August 2005, 10:21 AM
and in Vijay TV at 11am on august 15th

TISK
15th August 2005, 04:09 AM
I dont have KTV or Vijay or Raj!!
Will some one record it
and give me the link?
Or at least a summary?!!
Thanks.
YIA!!

emjay
16th August 2005, 10:39 PM
Any updates on promotion during Independence day celebrations at various places?

TISK
16th August 2005, 11:58 PM
50 CD's in NC on the 14th.
News from LA is awaited.
Other places ... no info.
YIA!!

yeskarthi
18th August 2005, 11:17 AM
I had palced an order for TIO(CD + DVD + Booklet) with Tamil Maiyam (India). What I received till date is the audio CD.

There is no info on when the DVD will be shipped. It's been 45 days and there is no reply to mails addressed to Tamil Maiyam.

Can the concerned person look into the issue and let me know when the DVD will be delivered ?

S.Karthikeyan

crvenky
18th August 2005, 02:22 PM
Hi, anybody from Singapore here? Request you to please send a Thiruvasagam CD to this famous site, which reviews classical albums.

http://www.inkpot.com/classical/reviews.html

This might popularize the album more.

alwarpet_andavan
19th August 2005, 03:10 PM
The Special Edition DVDs are now out. I'll be collecting mine at the Tamil Mayyam coming Sunday......

Shankar
24th August 2005, 04:15 PM
Are the special edition DVDs avbl in b'lore ?

TISK
24th August 2005, 11:35 PM
The DVD's [Making of TiS and Chennai Launch] are here and will be cleared at the customs by today or tomorrow.
I renew my request for all of you to effect one more sale of the CD/DVD to make this project an even success with all our debtors getting repaid in full.

This project is in your hands now and I request you to end happily!
Thank you!
YIA!!

njv
25th August 2005, 09:19 PM
TISK

Pl read your PM.

TISK
27th August 2005, 07:58 AM
FINALLY>>>>>>!!!!!!
The DVD's are here but a very limited number only!
Especially, the LAUNCH DVD is a prize possession!
Itis very good with some interesting moments and a beautiful full choreography for the 5th song.. 'muththu naRRaamam poo maalai thookki'! It is simply superb! Rajin, Kamal and Vai.Ko speches are nice picks and a must for every fan and Tamil!
Please order your copies today for the Launch video and also the Makinhg of Tis video!
Those who have ordered the Making of TiS will be sent in a couple of days!
YIA!!

prabhudas
31st August 2005, 06:04 AM
IR's interview in "sandhippoma" program by Sahul Hameed was telecast in SUN TV this evening between 6.12 to to 6.40 pm, as usual the Sun TV sodappified the time slot and there was no indication of whatsoever about it, I managed to record but for 1 minute in between the program.
It was exclusively more on "TIO" the concept, original thoughts etc.
It was not a "nerukku Ner" interview by Sahul Hameed who usually does a great job, it was more of questions by SH and answers by IR ( from his house) with some details with clippings of Budapest recording. It was good in total.
His last question was about IR's opinion about his fans, well I will try to extract the audio and post it in few days
Prabhudas

TISK
31st August 2005, 08:32 AM
And this is what Balu Mahendra had to say on TbI!!!:::

balumahendra was on 'kollywood court', jaya tv, on sunday, and was talking so much about our isaignani's music, he spoke about thiruvasagam too, this is what he had to say about thiruvasagam,'this musical experience cannot be expressed in words, you should listen to the music in the night with all the lights off, you will feel as if you are being lifted into the air, i have stopped meditating after i started listening to illayaraja's thiruvasagam, i
was able to attain the final stage of meditation most of the days ,atleast for a few minutes while listening, which i was unable to while meditating. you will have to listen to this music to experience it, i beg, literally beg each and everyone of you to pay for the cd/cassette and listen to it, you will be taken to a different world altogether, a very pleasant one, of course.'

Now just get one more person to get this CD from www.tis-usa.com !
As you know, the DVD's are here but only a very limited number!
YIA!!

TISK
31st August 2005, 08:40 AM
BTW, Thank you, 'Prabhudas' on the 'sandhippoma?' interview with IR. But you should have warned the US fans here as you have this 10 hr time advantage by posting it earlier! :-)
I am a Shahul fan and like his style of questioning.
So, I usually watch ALL his interviews and to my pleasant surprise, I could watch this one too!
To me, it appeared as if SH just asked the questions from a 'garden' background and played the answers taking from the earlier KTV interview on the Aug 15th!
Anything on TbI is Ok, anyway!
Hopefully more people in USA would have watched it and hopefully the sales might pick up!

rooky
1st September 2005, 01:44 PM
IR's interview in "sandhippoma" program by Sahul Hameed was telecast in SUN TV this evening between 6.12 to to 6.40 pm, as usual the Sun TV sodappified the time slot and there was no indication of whatsoever about it, I managed to record but for 1 minute in between the program.
It was exclusively more on "TIO" the concept, original thoughts etc.
It was not a "nerukku Ner" interview by Sahul Hameed who usually does a great job, it was more of questions by SH and answers by IR ( from his house) with some details with clippings of Budapest recording. It was good in total.
His last question was about IR's opinion about his fans, well I will try to extract the audio and post it in few days
Prabhudas

This itself was a repeat telecast of August 15th program.
The same was repeated today morning(01 Sep) around 10 am again

prabhudas
1st September 2005, 04:28 PM
TISk,
I didn't know about the interview earlier, also I don't subscribe to KTV , so I didn't know it was a retelecast , in any case it was good.
Now who is that fan of IR ( do u happen to visit TFM forum) by whom IR claimed he was moved emotionally by a statement by a fan like "engalukku oru Amma thraada inbathaiyo, appa tharaada inbathaiyo, yen manaivi tharaada inbathaiyo ungal isai thandirukkiradhu"
Prabhudas

multinamatheyan
1st September 2005, 07:50 PM
prabhudas,

I don't think that fan will publicly lay claim to this statement for fear of retaliation by his beloved wife:-)

prabhudas
3rd September 2005, 03:09 AM
Multi, Adhu saridhaan.

Prabhudas

njv
3rd September 2005, 05:50 PM
Making of TIS is a must see for every one.

Launch of TIS is a must see for KH and RK fans and in general all folks. Wow, I dont know from where KH speak like this. IR himself told that "KH is an intellecutal and he always talk and think one step above us". RK as usual is not prepared, and just talked what he had in his heart. He mentioned that "Thozilla naanga rendu perum senthu pannalainaalum, natpu appadiyethaan irukku [claps]". IR said that RK comes to meet with him once in a while, RK will call IR and will come to IR's studio, discuss about things, IR will play hte recent music he scored and RK and IR will have lunch together. IR said that if he didnt print RK's name on the invitation, RK would have sit in the front row, instead of being on stage and its gods grace that everyone was able to make it.

I am glad that IR-KH-RK are very close to each other.

One of hte fan asked IR to sing a song 'Oru paatu paadunga thalaiva" and IR goes "yenna paatu paadurathu thalaiva" - clap everywhere.

TISK, is there any way we can get the session that IR had with all MD's. Please ask indian folks and see if they can get this as well.

Last but not least, IR looked much younger.

njv
3rd September 2005, 05:54 PM
I didnt mention about Vaiko here. It needs a seperate topic by itself. When Vaiko goes, "19 pathil Illayaraja pidiththa paththu 3. Yaathirai paththu" and he was thinking the next one and IR says "Pidiththa pathhu" and Vaiko says "no no.." and continue with the second one and then goes "pidiththa paththu". The way he explained everything - no wonder why Rajni whistled.

When IR came to speak, he said "Oru Aanmeega vaathi arasiyal pesiyadhum, oru arasiyal vaadhi aanmeegam pesiyadhum intha thiruvaasagathil thaan". He also says "Vaikokku edukku arasiyal [huge clap], Indha oru mani nerathukku prepare pannathae ippadiyirunthaa, vaaznaal muzhuvathum ivar thirupuraanaththai alasinaal enna aagum" - true though.

Sanjeevi
4th September 2005, 12:35 PM
Kungumam: Answers by Ilaiyaraja http://isairaja.blogspot.com/

TISK
4th September 2005, 04:47 PM
Good Job, 'sanjeevi'!
YIA!

njv
4th September 2005, 05:49 PM
Kungumam: Answers by Ilaiyaraja http://isairaja.blogspot.com/
Thanks a ton.

krihoo
7th September 2005, 02:13 PM
Guys ,

i found out the scientific reason , the little secret about thiruvasakam

Many ppl told after listening to Thiruvasakam , their ego vanished, confidence entered, fears gone etc etc....

Now listen to my reasoning ...

what happens when ppl praise u ....u become happy, will be more confident , no fears or doubts , will be least bothered abt blames & competetion, and will be more stable

This is what exactly happening by listening to Thiruvasakam.....

why u r ego dint vanish with Nothing but wind , How to name it , india 24 hrs etc ??
Why only Thiruvasakam ??

because Thiruvasakam are the " PRAISING TUNES "...(actually tuned for praising shiva)
and when we hear the tunes , those praising tunes are satisfying the EGO of our brain and making the brain more confident , removing fears and doubts and making it more stable and peaceful...........

no joke ...i beleive this is true

vijayr
7th September 2005, 07:50 PM
njv, will dvdunlimited be shipping the DVDs soon? I had ordereed the collector's edition earlier.

njv
7th September 2005, 11:56 PM
njv, will dvdunlimited be shipping the DVDs soon? I had ordereed the collector's edition earlier.
I dont know. I have collected mine from their store. I will check with them and let you know.

vijayr
8th September 2005, 01:09 AM
njv, thanks.

ananth222
8th September 2005, 01:27 AM
because Thiruvasakam are the " PRAISING TUNES "...(actually tuned for praising shiva)
and when we hear the tunes , those praising tunes are satisfying the EGO of our brain and making the brain more confident , removing fears and doubts and making it more stable and peaceful...........

actually the singer praises lord shiva, and refers to himself as "puzhuththalai pulayan" and "nayirkadiyai kidantha adiyen" which is far from praising.

I feel happiness or bliss is attained when an external stimulus filters through the senses and does not conflict with the energies of ones own body (or mind), but mingles with it harmoniously and adds to it. THis is why different people find bliss in different things, based on what their body or mind accepts.
personally, I feel such bliss or elation while listening to HTNI or NBW too (including innumerable film songs, mostly by IR) ;-)

krihoo
8th September 2005, 09:18 AM
No we are not tamil ppl...we dont understand the lyrics .....i am talking abt the tunes which are praising....

jagannn
8th September 2005, 11:56 AM
Please let me know if the DVD is available in Chennai.

alwarpet_andavan
8th September 2005, 03:51 PM
Please let me know if the DVD is available in Chennai.
Only in chennaionline.com, if i'm not wrong

njv
8th September 2005, 07:42 PM
njv, thanks.
vijayr, they shiped the DVDs in 3 batches. Friday, Saturday and Monday. I am sure you will have the DVD soon [I remember you had issue with postal delay for CD, so hopefully it wont be that bad this time!]

vijayr, from the knowledge I gathered over here at tfmforum, you will NOT enjoy the DVD. It is just IR stuthi and nothing else. Even a HC IR fan like me was disappointed.

I happen to saw the launch DVD [thanks to kbee sir!!!] and its excellent, particularly, Bharathi Raja, KH and Vaiko. RK didnt speak well, or rather he just spoke what came to his mind,but the rest of them were prepared or may be they are natural speakers. Vaiko was the highlight. I couldnt buy a copy for myself, since the launch DVD was not available widely and there is a huge demand for it.

TIS-USA, this is another area where TIS India need to focus, spend time and money and make commercial benefit. Any IR, KH, RK, Vaiko fans will and must buy this DVD.

TISK
8th September 2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks NJV!
Anyone wanting a personal copy of the 'Launch DVD' may do so by sending us a mail to tisusa@gmail.com. We will take it up from there.
YIA!

alias
9th September 2005, 01:39 AM
Guys ,

i found out the scientific reason , the little secret about thiruvasakam

Many ppl told after listening to Thiruvasakam , their ego vanished, confidence entered, fears gone etc etc....

Now listen to my reasoning ...

what happens when ppl praise u ....u become happy, will be more confident , no fears or doubts , will be least bothered abt blames & competetion, and will be more stable

This is what exactly happening by listening to Thiruvasakam.....

why u r ego dint vanish with Nothing but wind , How to name it , india 24 hrs etc ??
Why only Thiruvasakam ??

If there are other albums which has praising tunes, will they cause happiness and inturn make you shed your ego and give you happiness and peace? I think this is again case of Superstition. I fail to understand why people want to make it a superstitious album.

If this album has scentific reasons then every album where we get peace of mind, praising tunes should be termed as scentific.

cry_sandiego
9th September 2005, 01:54 AM
TIS Guys,

have the DVD's shipped.. I have not recvd it yet. thanks

MSK

cry_sandiego
9th September 2005, 01:55 AM
TIS Guys,

have the DVD's shipped.. I have not recvd it yet. thanks

MSK

vijayr
9th September 2005, 02:30 AM
njv, thats fine. I have already seen Vaiko and others' speech in the SS music programme on TIS which was well made and also another programme Talking with the maestro about which I posted in this thread. So the DVD would be redundant anyways. Its just something remindful of the TIS effort to keep with me personally, thats all.

krihoo
9th September 2005, 07:01 AM
alias,

heloo boss ...relax..cool....this is not superstitious ...this is BIOLOGY....simple logic ...every music has effect on brain.... fast n hip hop music music will satisfy the dancing senses of our brain and so we dance.....sad music makes us sad...melody music relaxes our brain and praising music satisfies and removes our ego ....simple...

donno from which angle u thought its superstition what i said...and don talk abt lyrics ...we literally donno understand what IR is singing , If its praising or something...only thing we can understand is his tunes and we can make out they are praising tunes.....

If any other praising music done perfectly then it will also have the same effect...but i dont thing anyone other than IR can do that.....

alias
9th September 2005, 07:05 PM
Krihoo, I am not talking about lyrics.. frankly which I dont understand but what I am saying is that there are many albums and songs which can cause same effect like TIS. So saying TIS has scentific effect is total unacceptable. Say albums like TIS has this scentific effect and I will accept that.

And also you might not know other than IR there are many musicians who has composed infinite times better than IR and produced albums better than TIS. So dont elevate TIS beyond a certain level. I understand your feeling and I personally respect that. You are so fasinicated by this divine album and I hope you enjoy this album to complete.

njv
10th September 2005, 01:17 AM
ignore the ignorants.

ananth222
14th September 2005, 02:18 AM
I don't know if any of you have heard this:

http://www.shaivam.org/gallery/audio/tirumurai/p_8_namaccivaya.mp3

It is shivapuranam from thiruvasakam as recited by odhuvars.
Most of the lines correspond to "polla vinayen" from the album.

Listen to this, they way it was always recited. Then listen to polla vinayen. And come to your own conclusion about IRs achievement.

And my 2 cents for the doubters - it is really a pity to miss out on many beautiful things in this world just because of silly prejudices.

TISK
14th September 2005, 06:45 AM
'ananth222'.,
You have really done a great service and I thank you for this.
Yes, no one can truly understand the feat IIR has been commanded to do[by divine will] in promoting Thiruvasagam.
He didn't do it for the already 'Learned Ones'!
He didn't do it for the 'non-believers'!
He did for those who have the grace to know its greatness and yet still didn't have the chance to know it.
As IIR said in one of the meetings in NY, ''avan' vidhi illaama, yaarum idhil vandhu sEravum mudiyaadhu; vilagip pOgavum mudiyaafdhu'
Guys, This is one album which should be in your houses...... even if it is dusting away, you will be graced!
Make sure you buy or gift one to your houses!
YIA!
[yellaam iRaivan aruL!]

r_kk
14th September 2005, 11:21 AM
''avan' vidhi illaama, yaarum idhil vandhu sEravum mudiyaadhu; vilagip pOgavum mudiyaafdhu'
Guys, This is one album which should be in your houses...... even if it is dusting away, you will be graced!
[yellaam iRaivan aruL!]

(red higlighting was done by me)
Dear TISK,
I understand your hard and whole hearted effort to sell TIS. Do you face the same situation like Ramalinga Adikalar ("kadai virithen, kolvarillai!" means opened the shop for the great things but no buyers)?

But, does it necessary for so-called God to bless the buyers of TIS even if is not played?

This is just too much.... I don't want to comment further since I understand real life dificulties in selling any new thing/concept to our people.

alwarpet_andavan
14th September 2005, 01:37 PM
http://www.raveindia.com/html/2005_09_features_in_the_studio.htm

Shankar
14th September 2005, 05:56 PM
aa,
can you post the content ? This things asks for subscription.

alwarpet_andavan
14th September 2005, 06:32 PM
Shankar,
I haven't read the entire article either. Read only the intro given in the page. Guess we'll have to get hold of the magazine.......

TISK
14th September 2005, 07:45 PM
Dear Mr.'r_kk',
You have taken my words out of context or have misunderstood.
As I was writing that sentence, I remembered one of our 'forumers' writing something about that the TiS Cd was dusting away in his home and included what you had highlighted to stress the fact that even that is God's will. Pl. read it as whole thing with the previous sentence and not seperately.
BTW, 'kadai viriththOm'...uNmai!
'koLvaarilai'.. is not completely true!
Then, I will be doing an injustice to those who actually supported this and did buy this album.
May be we can say, 'kadai viriththu irukkiROm; innum koNdu sellungaL!'
nanRi.
YIA!

krihoo
16th September 2005, 07:07 AM
ananth222,
Thank you very much....

but let me share my opinion...first of all i am the biggest crazy fan of TIS of IR...but after listening to file u posted..i feel IR's TIS has removed the purity , sacredness and seriousness of the CHANTS........IR's songs are mindblowing and masterpieces ....but like any Other symphonies or other such classical works..but dont u guys think it has removed the purity , sacredness and the seriousness of the CHANTS....making them more like commercial ??? i am not at all talking abt talent of IR or creativity of TIS...just talking from CHANTS point of view

Shankar
16th September 2005, 10:50 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
but dont u guys think it has removed the purity , sacredness and the seriousness of the CHANTS....making them more like commercial ???
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A BIG NO !!! listen to umbarkatkarasE and tell me if Raja is singing it commercially ? There may be 100 technical flaws in his rendition, i don't care...The spirit with which he sings is what makes it great. I don't think it has reduced the sacredness of the real text in anyway.
On a different level, how can anyone say this *is* the *only* way to sing a song ??? As long as the spirit of the theme is maintained, any kind of singing is ok.

Shankar
16th September 2005, 10:52 AM
...and by the way, who said chanting God's name is serious ??? Its a way to praise the lord, or happily thanking him, revering him. If you are sincere its enuf, you don't have to be serious.

ananth222
16th September 2005, 11:12 AM
I think that many of us have grown up listening to "chants" of prayer that only that sounds pious. Thus when a "chant" is going on, it just sounds divine (since we have grown to think that way) and i hardly pay attention to the meaning of the words.
On the other hand, i believe that a song that expresses the emotion of its words and stresses their meanings is much more pious. I think this is the beauty of TiS.

on a more technical note, when these pieces were written, the musical system was not very well developed. atleast when the vedas were written, all the musical notes we use today were sttill not established. So the reciters could use only a few notes to "sing" the verses. As music developed, there arose more ways of expressing emotion using music, but somehow all "chanting" stuck to the same old standards. By the time of the great trinity of carnatic music, the system became so well developed with so many raagas, so many subtle emotions could be expressed. In fact, the krithis of this period are just amazing in the way they express emotion and are at the same time extremely devout. A perfect example of this is "duddugugala" by St Tyagaraja. This is an amazing song that makes you "feel" the emotions of the words.

thumburu
16th September 2005, 01:40 PM
ananth222, I beg to differ from you in this regard. A vedic chant [ For eg take the Gayathri mantra ] has few notes that is meant to create certain spiritual vibration [Like the OM chant is akin to the primordial sound] to the listener and it is not meant to showcase any musical beauty.

IsaiRasigan
16th September 2005, 01:59 PM
Guys, don't forget the very intention of why IR made TIS/TIO/TBI the way it is right now.

He wants to lure the young & also those who are not familiar with Thiruvasagam. You can't lure them with carnatic music or any other kinda "seriousness". If he had done it that way, even I wouldn't have bought this CD.

krihoo
16th September 2005, 03:00 PM
yeah i think both THUMBURU and ISAI RASIGAN are correct ...
I am clear now... ;)

krihoo
16th September 2005, 03:04 PM
but again where youth will prefer IR ...99% TIS listeners and appreciaters will be 'not youth ' and matured and intellectual ....

Maybe if AR does it....... like for vandemataram ...........with all beats in thiruvasakam , then youth will try to understand saint maanickavasagar...ha ha hhaaa

IsaiRasigan
16th September 2005, 03:54 PM
By looking at all the attendees at the release & from various posts & newsgroups both in India & around the world, I believe IR has already gotten the interest of all kinda youth....ie. the happenin' kind & the 'matured & intelectual' kind. At the same time he did not forget the middle age & older folks.

If IR wanted to lure just only the happenin' youths, then he would have visited his 80's techono beats & funk and interwoven it into Thiruvasagam. :)

alias
16th September 2005, 08:28 PM
but again where youth will prefer IR ...99% TIS listeners and appreciaters will be 'not youth ' and matured and intellectual ....

Maybe if AR does it....... like for vandemataram ...........with all beats in thiruvasakam , then youth will try to understand saint maanickavasagar...ha ha hhaaa

Krihoo for that YSR need to do remix of TIS :lol:

ananth222
17th September 2005, 06:59 AM
ananth222, I beg to differ from you in this regard. A vedic chant [ For eg take the Gayathri mantra ] has few notes that is meant to create certain spiritual vibration [Like the OM chant is akin to the primordial sound] to the listener and it is not meant to showcase any musical beauty.

Well thats my point. We have just grown to think that way about these sounds, so we think that is spiritual. The basic factor in this case is resonance, which is the most primitive enhancement to a sound that takes it to another level (and thus "spiritual").
There are much more complicated concepts such as intervals, scales and harmony which can also take sound to another level. Depending on the context around which these evolve, the population tends to associate it with the relevent sociological concepts.

Whichever way, after hearing IR singing the "maasatra sothi" verses, its hard to think of those verses recited in any other way. To me, those verses recited in a "chant" seems even funny. Chanting those lines that way would take away so much of the meaning!

Vysar
18th September 2005, 12:29 AM
As a IR fan, I feel TIS is an average work. i am one of those fans who expected IR would rise from ashes with TIS. But in vain it goes as usual.

njv
18th September 2005, 12:39 AM
As a IR fan, I feel TIS is an average work. i am one of those fans who expected IR would rise from ashes with TIS. But in vain it goes as usual.
ENT - one stop shop for all your hearing problems

Dragun
18th September 2005, 07:06 AM
If IR wanted to lure just only the happenin' youths, then he would have visited his 80's techono beats & funk and interwoven it into Thiruvasagam. :)

Technovasagam :D

krihoo
18th September 2005, 09:19 AM
ananth222 , maybe what u said is true ...but very difficult to imagine something against our brought up....

anyway guys ...

yesterday here in singapore i saw the movie 'a aah' .....i was very surprised .....at titles when they showed ar rehmans name there were whistles and claps....

i heard in past IR used to get lot like that .. is he still gettin that honour ?? anybody saw Oru naal oru kanavu in theatre ?? Did ppl clap for his name ??

Sanjeevi
18th September 2005, 11:55 AM
ananth222 , maybe what u said is true ...but very difficult to imagine something against our brought up....

anyway guys ...

yesterday here in singapore i saw the movie 'a aah' .....i was very surprised .....at titles when they showed ar rehmans name there were whistles and claps....

i heard in past IR used to get lot like that .. is he still gettin that honour ?? anybody saw Oru naal oru kanavu in theatre ?? Did ppl clap for his name ??

Ya, there were whistles and claps, read the suresh review on ONOK.
http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/08/oru-naal-oru-kanavu-movie-review.html

IR, ARR, YSR have much fans now a days, thus they are getting whitles, claps while screening their names at theatre. I've often watched that.

Sanjeevi
18th September 2005, 11:57 AM
ENT - one stop shop for all your hearing problems

:rotfl:

well said njv.

Vysar
19th September 2005, 02:13 AM
I bought the CD so I have all the right to critic the music. Since ur comments are immature I would probably recommend u to visit a psychiatrist to cure ur fanatism.

krihoo
19th September 2005, 07:48 AM
vysar,

u too,maybe like many (including the players of TIS themselves) mistook thiruvasakam as something like symphony ....which is why u r dissappointed......i think if u really understand its identity maybe u will like it...this is all fault of marketing....many ppl are misleaded....even i was expecting something like symphony....
but actually these are devotinal songs with symphony oratario

maybe it takes time for u to like...i too took about one year to really understand How to name it....These musics by IR are not normal to enjoy easily, we really need to UNDERSTAND what these are ...

and also maybe if sung by a regular singer some ppl wud have like it.....

donno what exactly u dint like ...can u explain u r complaint more clearly so that we can understand why some ppl dint like....what u dint like , what u expected

ananth222
19th September 2005, 08:44 AM
Since ur comments are immature I would probably recommend u to visit a psychiatrist to cure ur fanatism.

talk about maturity....

anyway, people have a right to express their feelings about anything (esp something they paid for). But to come to a forum like this and make a blank statement like "I did not like it" is really immature. We are not conducting a poll here. If you wanted feedback you could have said what you didn't like, and ask other people's opinion about it. If all you wanted was to releive some steam because you felt you wasted your money, then you must really find a relevent forum for that.

Different people appreciate TiS at different levels, and after reading several posts here, my appreciation for it has been enhanced by inputs from others. Maybe if you read them you will find what you missed on the first listening. Please learn to use the forum effectively.

krihoo
19th September 2005, 11:16 AM
vysar

if it is AR fan , i can be least bothered abt what u said ...but being IR fan how can anybody dont like this album..i am surprised and eager to know what u dint like ....is it IR Singing or is it the tunes , or is it the perfection or its just like u are eating a banana imagining a mango and saying the mango is not good....

at one end we all are so mad abt that album that our fingers tremble with extreme respect when we hold the CD to put it....

Vysar
19th September 2005, 06:56 PM
Overall, I am very disappointed. I rate How to Name It and Nothing but Wind very high in my list. Something that deserves more attention internationally. I expected the same kind of output in TIS. I felt as if I am listening to some tamil movie songs.

I understand this forum is there really to promote IRs work. I wish u all the best for the success of this album.

ananth222
19th September 2005, 11:26 PM
Overall, I am very disappointed. I rate How to Name It and Nothing but Wind very high in my list. Something that deserves more attention internationally. I expected the same kind of output in TIS. I felt as if I am listening to some tamil movie songs.

I agree that TiS sounds filmy when you compare it with HTNI. But I don't think that thats a bad thing - the standard IR has set for "filmy" is incredebly high, so it is actually a compliment. IR had to make this album more appealing and thus had to cover the technical complexity with more appealing tunes - but that does not mean the technical complexity is not there. Listen to the last part of "polla vinayen", where it goes "eesan adi potri...; neyatthe nindra...; seerar perundhurai nam..." the changes between these lines is amazing. Listen to the choral humming in "umbagarkarase", or listen to the scale changes in "putril vazh" (there was a very good post on this song in this forum). All these clearly display his virtuosity.

However, you cannot compare number by number between HTNI and TiS. There is no match in TiS for the counterpoint of "you cannot be free" or "is it fixed" from HTNI (the first one is particularly mind boggling). Try to listen to TiS for what it is, and I'm sure you'll begin to appreciate it. Personally, I rate HTNI above TiS, but I also love TiS.

njv
20th September 2005, 12:33 AM
Overall, I am very disappointed.
-deleted-

krihoo
20th September 2005, 07:13 AM
But IR is very happy and terms it as his best works.....maybe he got a reason...actually if u concentrate and listen to the symphonic backings of IR voice, they are really huge masterpieces goin un noticed since they are at background.....which might be mightier than NBW or HTNI which is why IR feels its the best .....

often its happens with IR songs...

there will be different synchronizing tunes in the background which will go unnoticed...one day my friend played ELANGATRU VEESUDHE song ....but his tape repcorder is spoiled and some main sounds are heard less and backdrop music is heard in high...then i observed lots of completly reusable new tunes hidden behind the main tune.....and the ending music also was very different and grand compared to actual song...thanks to the spoilt audio system...
thats why right from my childhood i used to beleive, any MD can take one IR song and create some 4 songs from it ....

Shankar
20th September 2005, 10:08 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>
one day my friend played ELANGATRU VEESUDHE song ....but his tape repcorder is spoiled and some main sounds are heard less and backdrop music is heard in high...then i observed lots of completly reusable new tunes hidden behind the main tune.....and the ending music also was very different and grand compared to actual song...thanks to the spoilt audio system...
<<<<<<<<<<<

I had a similar experience with TiS...My headfone wasn't plugged in properly, and Raja's voice seemed almost muted...But the joy of listening to the chorus & the orchestra in the FG and Raja's voice in the BG was just amazing...I in fact thought the CD had gone bad...and just as i was about to take it out of the player, i realized it wasn't plugged in properly...I tried emulating that mistake but unfortunately it never happened again :-(

Sanjeevi
20th September 2005, 11:11 AM
Overall, I am very disappointed.
-deleted-
I am also disppointed, coz, njv has deleted his reply :rotfl:

krihoo
20th September 2005, 11:43 AM
yeah and in my PC got the AC97 AUDIO CONFIGURATION which has many options in sound effects ...like normal, auditorium, bathroom , long pipe , car parking , mountains etc.....so i listen in all different modes so that i can hear some hidden gems...

in similar way i wisha there is a way to control the speed of the song.....anybody know ???? coz some songs we feel will be very nice if very fast...some very slow ...

IsaiRasigan
20th September 2005, 12:51 PM

IR rise from ashes? I didn't even know that his music or he was burned out or burned down......

As far as I know, both his music & him have been standing upright solid eversince 1976.

IsaiRasigan
20th September 2005, 01:16 PM

I understand this forum is there really to promote IRs work. I wish u all the best for the success of this album.

Re-post:

By looking at all the attendees at the release & from various posts & newsgroups both in India & around the world, I believe IR has already gotten the interest of all kinda youth....ie. the happenin' kind & the 'matured & intelectual' kind. At the same time he did not forget the middle age & older folks.

If IR wanted to lure just only the happenin' youths, then he would have visited his 80's techono beats & funk and interwoven it into Thiruvasagam. Smile

New post:

If my above post had not gotten in, then try this: Try ignoring the lyrics and listen to background & foreground music. :)

Btw, I can't believe you said that the 1st, 2nd and last track sounded like movie songs....

karthik_sa2
22nd September 2005, 12:13 AM
[tscii:b1d79b743b]NAUSHAD ALI (doyen of hindi film music, India)- That this man has achieved is 100 times more than what any of us have achieved; only time can tell the quantum of his achievements.

HARIPRASAD CHAURASIA, (exponent of Hindustani Classical Music, India) - It is a treat watching him (Mr.Ilaiyaraja) work - he does everything, composing, arrangement of instruments, orchestration and conducting - that too without the help of any assistants and a stopwatch.

L.SUBRAMANIAM (Violin Maestro, India)- Ilaiyaraja is as good as any composer in the world.

ZUBIN MEHTA (Music Conductor, Israel Philharmonic) - I was bewildered after listening to his 'nothing but wind' and 'how to name it'. He belongs to the 21st century and perhaps beyond.

SHERYAR OOKERJEE ( a Mumbai based musicologist, India) - Bach's influence is deep and all pervasive in his music. He is adept at using conventional western harmony and standard western techniques. Uses dialogue and imitation extensively. He has a competent grasp of the orchestra. His conspicuous quality is his ability to so integrate the Indian and western idioms that the seams can hardly be noticed and the result is usually pleasant, charming and satisfying. Ilaiyaraja's music is enjoyable and worth taking very seriously. It grows on one with repeated hearings.

MASSIMO SIMONINI (Composer & Founder of ANGELICA forum, Italy) - The music of ilaiyaraaja, besides containing many forms, is a good object of reflections and meditations on the form, on its consume, for an eventual, possible expansion. It shows models & rare formulae, unthinkable for the western music song world or western cinema. His film songs feature a metrics that is strictly linked to the images, to the atmospheres of the movie, while the movie itself appears to be composed by a myriad of narrative video clips, which in turn give the song an opening towards other musical forms - A moving open form, that is strictly linked to the inspiration of the moment, ready to welcome anything in a surprising structure, enriched by a, still so strong, indian tradition, where rhythm, melody, devotion and surprise travel together. These entities are seen moving in places where style and form can be continually re-discussed, while still following a logic, a narration. It¹s almost like a kaleidoscopic song, full of rules, but also rich in expressive possibilities...keeps moving...truly vedic .

MARK LAYCOCK (Director of Orchestral Activities, Iowa State University, Iowa, United States of America) - A fascinating blend of Eastern and Western styles. The music is instantly appealing -- rhythmically, harmonically, formally. The use of traditional Indian instruments in a modern musical context makes for a rich palette of tone colors and creates a wide range of expressive possibilities.

RICHARD KING (Sound Engineer of Thiruvasagam in Symphony, Winner of 5 Grammy awards) - Even his thoughts are musical. Ilaiyaraaja is the musical face of India, which the western world is really stunned at !!!

LARY BAIN( Composer, England) - He is unbelievable, genius and fantastic.

JOSEPH EAGER (Conductor, World Symphony Orchestra, USA) - His music will be heard through the twenty-first century" [predicted during the release function of "Nothing But Wind" CD in New York in 1988].

VICTOR RANGEL RIBEIRO ( musicologist and author of Baroque Music, USA) - Your ears will hear music like they never heard before.

STEPHEN DAVIS (of New Age, USA) - He is leading us to a very special world of music appreciation and has opened doors of new horizons of new age music.

LASLOV KOVACH (Conductor, Budapest Symphony Orchestra, Hungary) - He is Hollywood Kind. A very special composer. It seems he does not have to think at all to create music. Music just flows out. The feeling that you experience, while you listen to his compositions, is often quite inexplicable. It is unfortunate that the world is yet to recognize this composer. It is not a loss for Him, but it is, to the music world.

DAVID KERMAN (ReR-USA, Music Distributor, North America) - We are big fans of the Maestro, and are proud to be the exclusive North American importer of the WINGS CD. ReR USA holds no allegiance to any particular style or genre of music, rather we only care about excellence. That's why we're so thrilled to have ilaiyaraaja !!.

[More from ReRmegacorp website - What makes Ilaiyaraaja so universal is his cheerful adoption of much of the world's music and its instruments while remaining focused on the needs of song and the language of popular film; what makes him so addictive is his extraordinary sense of arrangement and instrumentation. Everything is detail with a small surprise lurking around every corner. This is work of painstaking subtlety, wrapped in simple forms - and luminous undemonstrative musicianship - the kind of work that grows with every listening and depends on its inner qualities and not on shock, dissidence or effect. These are perfectly crafted songs with mysterious arrangements and a catalogue of rhythms that are never as simple as they seem. A gem.!]

SUDHA RAGUNATHAN (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India )-Yesterday, today or tommorrow, ilaiyaraja will remain the unquestionable emperor of music.

SRI JAYENDRA SARASWATHI SWAMIGAL (Spiritual Guru, India) - Ilaiyaraja has plans to bring about good changes in the society, through his music. His music is capable of putting the mind at peace and serenity.

SEMANGUDI SRINIVASA AYYAR (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India) - Raja has that unique gift to please common man and carnatic experts alike.Until recently, I knew that Shri Ilaiyaraja is a great film music director - his expertise in diluting Carnatic Ragas without diluting their native merits, is well known to me - but recently I had the oppurtunity to listen to him sing a few kirthanas. He sang a kirthana in Raag Abhogi - very well rendered - in Carnatic Sangeet, one needs to know the Sahityam - without knowing it, one should not sing it making it sound absurd - Isai gyani Shri.Ilayaraaja sang it very beautifully and his grasp of the Sahityam is commendable. After today, I realise that Shri.Ilayaraaja is a thorough expert in Carnatic music. May the God Almighty bless Isai Gyani with a long life so that he can render a long service to music.

LALGUDI JAYARAMAN (Eminent Musician, India) - His talent is not the fruit of one single birth's efforts. This level of achievement is only possible to one who has lived with music for countless births. The speed with which he writes notations have always baffled me.

Dr.BALAMURALIKRISHNA (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India)- As far as i am concerned, i would say Ilaiyaraja is the composer of the century. If there is one single authority on 'orchestration', it can only be ilaiyaraja.

KAMALHAASAN (Noted Actor, Film Maker, India) - Ilaiyaraja should be honored as Isai Vigyani (musical scientist) rather than Isai gyani.He has explored and analyzed virtually every type of music.I have worked with several composers. But this man is on his own trip - he is a colossal talent. We have worked together in around 70 films and we know each other's requirements and expectations very well. He saw the rushes of the film (Hey Ram!) just once and immediately decided the music to be scored for the song sequences that have already been picturised. I told my film crew to give me a week's time and that I will come back with one song in that time - instead I came back with seven songs.

HARIHARAN ( Playback Singer, India) - "Poongaatre konjam" from the film "Friends", is my favourite, of all the tamil film songs. Ilaiyaraja's style is very different, though he has been heavily influenced by the classical compositions of Mozart and Bach.

CHANDRAHASAN ( Film Producer, India) - His music is precious. Mere dishing out of money wont get you such quality music.

MALAYSIA VASUDEVAN (Veteran Playback Singer, South India) - I would say I consider it a real privilege to have lived in this era of ilaiyaraja. I am grateful to almighty to have received the opportunity to sing for him.

A.R.REHMAN ( Music Composer, India) - He is a genius by himself and is completely self-contained. He disproved me of the commonly held wrong notion that a music maker has to drink, smoke & have other bad habits in order to create inspirational music. If i am religious today, the credit goes to ilaiyaraja. I learnt it from him.

KARTHIK RAJA ( Music Composer, India) - He has composed in so many idioms, his work spans such a wide spectrum that there will always some resemblance to something he has already done.

YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA ( Music Composer, India) - I consider it a honour to be living in the shadow of a living legend like him. I am proud to say he is my father. No wonder people expect a lot from me too.

UTTAM SINGH (Music Composer, India) - Ilaiyaraaja is perhaps the only complete music composer in India.

SUHASINI MANIRATNAM (Eminent Actress, India) - Show me a composition matching legendary compositions like 'shenbagame shenbagame' & 'panivizhum malar vanam' by ilaiyaraja. Only then can you talk of someone overtaking him.

THANGAR BACHAAN (Cinematographer, Film Maker, India) - Once I finish shooting my film, i just place it before ilaiyaraja, and from there on whatever he delivers is music. I dont need to worry about it anymore. I shudder to even think about Indian film music without ilaiyaraaja. We are just feeding food for merely 5% of his total capacity. To be frank, it is a sin to restrict this talent inside the parameters of film music. He does everything. He has the ability to correct your mistakes that you did in direction, dialogue delivery, emoting, lighting, continuity etc through his background music.

R.V.UDAIYAKUMAR (Noted Film Maker, India) - He can even correct your directorial flaws, with his background score music.

PARTHIBAN (Noted Film Maker, Actor, India) - Music alias ilaiyaraja, ilaiyaraja alias Music.

MIRCHI SHIVA (RJ, Radio Mirchi, India) - It is pure bliss to just listen to his songs. But even better than that, as a lucky RJ, i also get to play his songs for everyone to listen. That gives immense satisfaction to me. So stay tuned !!

VAMSY (Noted Film Maker, India) - While picturizing a song, iIaiyaraja's tunes inspire me more than the characters of the film themselves.

BHARATHIRAAJA (Noted Film Maker, India) - I shoot scenes with a particular impact in mind. And even before i discuss about what i have in mind, he is already ready with mind boggling BGM bits.

MANIRATNAM (Noted Film Maker, India) - Ilaiyaraja is absolutely prolific. He is an amazing talent who believes that the music written down by him should be stuck to totally. And then it is recorded which is just a matter of execution. I wish I could be like Ilaiyaraja and work out everything on paper.

VENKATESH (Noted Actor, South India) - Ilaiyaraja is forever !!!...According to me he is the personification of evergreen music .

SADHANA SARGAM (Eminent Singer, India) - Its purely a learning experience to work with this legendary composer. Talking with him, you can learn so much. While i work with him, i just have to merely follow his instructions, and everything else is taken care of.

BHARANI (Music Composer, South India) - When you listen to his songs, you feel as if you were in a trance. Especially, the song," Kaatril Endhan Geedham" from film Johny. Listening to his music is by itself a meditation to me.

MANI SHARMA (Music Composer, South India) - He is my idol & my personal guru. It is his music that created the urge in me to take up music as my career. I especially was enchanted by songs like "Ennadi Meenakshi" when i was young.

CHITRA (Eminent Singer, India) - I owe a lot to maestro ilaiyaraja and I will ever remain grateful to him. He is the main reason for whatever i have achieved as a singer thus far in my career.

KARTHIK ( Budding Singer, India) - Working with him, you are introduced to a totally different plane of music making. His style is a very unique. I consider myself very lucky to have worked with him.

BALUMAHENDRA (Eminent Film Director, India) - If a situation arised wherein ilaiyaraaja decides to quit film music, i would as well quit making films. We both have worked so long with each other now that i dont need to explain him in great details abt my expectations. He knows what music i would want, and i create situations which he will love to make music for.

ANURADHA KRISHNAMURTHY (Carnatic Vocalist / TV star, South India) - Ilaiyaraaja is my favourite musician. He has that unmatched talent to maintain a particular raga till the very end of the song. The essence & soul of the raga is well maintained throughout

GUITAR PRASANNA (Eminent Guitarist, India) - While many music creators today are busy looking for new music softwares, ilaiyaraja is the only one who dealt with the length & breadth of classical music (carnatic & western). I have virtually grown up with his music

A.V.RAMANAN (SInger, South India) - He has the potential to compose songs that convey even the subtlest of subtle feelings ...Chinna thaayaval from Thalabadhi is one such song

VAIRAMUTHU (Eminent Lyricist, South India) - His music has made me laugh, his music has made me cry. It has made me very sad one moment & made me as happy a child other moment. In summary, his music is special to me, like it is to million others.

MAHALAKSHMI IYER (Playback Singer, India) - Given the genius that this man is, there is so much worth in what he says & what he does.

MEERA JASMIN (Actress, South India)- He is my favourite music director. His music is soulful & touches you instantly. I remember most of his songs by heart. Give me ilaiyaraja's compositions anytime

BHARADHWAJ (Music Composer, India) - He is the master of background music. I watch films that has ilaiyaraja as the music director, just for his background scores. "Thalapathi" is one such movie, which i have watched umpteen times just for his BGMs.

SARATH KUMAR (Actor, South India) - If there is a music director who can make even an ordinary movie into a blockbuster, it has to be ilaiyaraja. His score can lift the plane of even mediocre films several notches up.

K.S. RAVIKUMAR (Director, South India) - ilaiyaraja, the person is 60 years old, but his music is not bound by time.

MAHATHI (Budding Singer, India) - I have been a crazy fan of ilaiyaraaja right from my childhood days. I was delighted beyond words, when i got the opportunity to sing my very first song in his music. It was a dream come true for me.

MIRCHI SUCHITRA (RJ, Radio Mirchi & Budding Singer, India) - I think it would be shallow to call Ilayaraja a 'music director'. if there is a word to describe someone who can mould your mind with his music - that word would describe him. With most kinds of music, you listen to it, enjoy it and then forget about it. Ilayaraja's music makes you laugh, makes you cry, makes you think, calms you down, picks you up...personally, there are so many songs of Raja's that have changed me, calmed me down when i've been in the worst of moods and given me the energy to face the day when i've not wanted to. I cannot imagine life without his music.

DEVI SRI PRASAD (Film Music Director, South India) - He is my God. I have grown up listening to his music. Whatever i am able to compose today, i owe it to this maestro.

SARAN (Film Director, South India) - I would quarrel and fight and turn violent in my college days with my friends who pull my leg by comparing ilaiyaraja with other composers. I love and adore him as my favourite composer.

SUJATHA (Eminent Writer, India) - There are over 50 kalyani raga songs in tamil film music. But still, when you hear "Nirpadhuve Nadapadhuve" from film Bharathi, you cant help feeling that raga Kalyani has taken a new birth once again. With the songs of film Bharathi, he once again proves that a song can be tuned without electronic noise, can be kept very simple and still be a mesmerizing experience to the listener.

L.BALAJI (Budding Cricket Star/Bowler, India) - I love all the melodious compositions of ilaiyaraja sung by S.P.Balasubramaniam and Yesudoss. My all time favourite is 'raja raja chozhan' from 'Rettai Vaal Kuruvi' that i hum frequently.

USHA (Budding Singer, South India) - For any aspiring singer, singing in his music would be a cherished dream and not many get that chance. He is very jovial, a simpleton and unassuming as a person. If you enter his special room in Prasad Labs, and you will be able to feel the current of tranquility pass through your body. He composes without even having to touch the harmonium and is adept in tuning a good carnatic based tune in folk and western formats. He can re-record for a movie in one single day, in one go. He is lightening fast in judging if the singer has indeed sung the song up to his optimal capacity or if there could be any improvements.

JASSIE GIFT (Composer, South India) - For melodious numbers that i compose, maestro ilaiyaraja is the prime inspiration.

HARISH RAGHAVENDRA (Budding Playback Singer, South India) - I am the luckiest of them all (singers). My very first song was written by a genius lyricist (Bharathiyar) and a genius composer (ilaiyaraaja). When ilaiyaraaja sir finally OK'd my song, it made me feel as if i had received a great award. Later when the song became a hit, Raja was caring enough to caution me not to be lethargic, and stressed on the need to work hard.

PAZHANI BHARATHI (Lyricist, South India) - I have special regards for him, amongst all film music composers that i have worked with. His outlook and perspective is entirely different. He always stresses to lyricists that words that we use for songs need to be kept simple and that the song should reach out down to the common man. He emphasizes that even the uneducated man should instantly understand what is being conveyed (in the lyrics & music) and he should be made to think too much. He stresses upon keeping it simple.

USHA UTHUP (Singer, India) - ilaiyaraja is a complete music director who has mastered classical and Western music, and also has a strong base in folk. He provides an unique fusion of all three systems, and is therefore amazing to me.

MADHAN (Noted Cartoonist, Writer, film critic, India ) - As far as i am concerened, Ilaiyaraja is the best bet when it comes to background music. He seems to fully understand as to what the film's situation demands and what impact should his music create in viewer's mind. More often, the usage of silent passages in his background music is more stunning than the music itself, and he creates the right mood every time.

S.P.BALASUBRAHMANYAM (Eminent Singer, Music Director, India) - There wont be another ilaiyaraja. He is par excellence, self taught and a complete composer. Improvising on original compositions of someone like ilaiyaraja has always been a dicey proposition for me. Some of my improvisations / touches get his nod, while in other instances when i go overboard, he would step in with a figurative spank in the ear.

K.J.YESUDASS (Eminent Singer, Carnatic Vocalist, India) - There are infinite music forms hidden in his heart. All that should flow-out for the good of mankind.

VAALI (South Indian Lyricist/Poet, India) - Reethigowlai, Hamsanatham, Bilahari etc are some of the tough carnatic ragas that he has deftly handled for film music. He is not isaignani, he is swaragnani.

RAJKUMAR SANTOSHI (Noted Film Maker, India ) - (on Background music by Maestro Ilaiyaraja for his film Lajja) - The discipline of the 90 musicians, the conductor and the recording engineers of the Budapest Symphony Orchestra in Hungary was overwhelming. The musicians gave a standing ovation after recording the scores written by Ilaiyaraja. [/tscii:b1d79b743b]

cry_sandiego
22nd September 2005, 01:29 AM
Dear TIS Fans,

I guess there is no need to get upset with the fact that some people did not like TiS or TbI or TiO .. Again it all depends on what one expects ! If you had a high expectation of very rich music, then you are disappointed b'cos it's not that.. If as a IR fan and well wisher, and were thinking that IR would prove his musical worth thru this and that the whole world would sit up and recognize this genius, then again it will be a dissappointment as that is not what he meant it to be.. Being a very religious and spiritual man, he felt compelled to do a muscial work that talks about the Divine presence and tamil literature.. that's what he meant to do and he achieved it with perfection.

IR never claimed that this is his best musical effort or any such thing .. He kept saying that " itharkaaka thaan piranthen.." that means his life's prime duty - you can understand that - coming from a spiritual person like IR.

I think it is wrong to compare TbI to HTNI or any other album of his.. the beauty of TbI is that it set a trend and there is nothing to compare it to ( atelast in the context of Indian music ).. maybe when IR finishes his next Oratario we can coimpare the two and rate which is better .. that too will be a debate depending on the person's taste etc..

Some comments like -- it's like a movie song are very hard for me to comprehend.. I have been listening to IR's movie songs for almost 3 decades and I cannot find one song that can be compared to any portion of " Polla Vinayen " - Infact Polla Vinayen is very complex - not in terms of music, but the way it has been structured and put together.. It took me almost 4-5 weeks of listening before i can make out why he has changed the sequence of sivapuranam and why he used a Capella for a particular section and why only certain phrases were done both in English and Tamil..

It's a very complex thing.. with humbleness i say that you shd understand Sivapuranam before you even listen to this i guess. If you know Sivapuranam and understand the meaning of each verse, then it's hard for you to no appreciate TbI.. then you will love the way IR has structured it.. Listen to the song without any distraction - not in a car ..not in a coffee shop.. not with a bunch of people around you .. but alone - where you are ready to search your soul..)

For those who did not like it, but belive in IR's music or Spirituality, I request you to listen to it once like i said above..

For me, I felt it was like a very special experience.

Fellow IR fans, Please.. do not start debating or complaining abt people who do not like.. they have every right to not like it or even hate it..just like you and I have every right to like it , praise it and enjoy it..Right.?

Again Polla Vinayen .. Nin Pugazhumaa Onrariyen

Cheers
MSK

TISK
22nd September 2005, 06:29 AM
:D I am happy to inform all the forum members that we, TiSUSA, have started to repay the loans in part to all those who have responded to our personal mail to them.
It's a small step but definitely a Great Leap!
I once again request all those who have bought the CD/DVD, to BUY one more copy from us as a gift to someone else or influence one more person to buy this great album to fulfill our commitments.
We started this with you in mind that YOU will make this happen and we STILL BELIEVE IN YOU!!
Please make it happen!
YIA!! :D

crvenky
25th September 2005, 10:23 AM
TIO making huge loss! :((
http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews/newsitem.asp?NEWSID=%7B215FC4D3%2DF91D%2D4425%2DBF D0%2DCE7FDF1B4031%7D&CATEGORYNAME=Chennai

krihoo
25th September 2005, 11:09 AM
simple ...

if they want satisfaction , IR shud be their choice and if they want money AR should be their choice.

aas i told marketing also is the culprit...even now ppl are confused of the albums real identity and so expecting something else

TISK
26th September 2005, 05:01 AM
""We are facing a loss of Rs 1 crore," said Fr Jegath, with a smile. How he can smile when faced with such a situation, God only knows - or perhaps
Manickavasagar does."

Perhaps one more person also knows it!

What Fr.Jegath had said is 100% true!
And, I am grateful to God for knowing him!
'nalla paNi seidha nimmadhi; idhai venRu koduppadhO, alladhu keduppadhO, thamizh makkaL kaiyil thaan uLLadhu!'

vijayr
26th September 2005, 11:10 PM
"Tamil Maiyam has recovered barely Rs 40 lakh against the total investment of Rs 1.40 crore," said Fr Jegath.

how? wasnt atleast 40% of the original 1.4Cr investment donated by well-wishers? Shouldnt the losses be lower? Or am I missing something?

alwarpet_andavan
27th September 2005, 08:10 PM
Its a shame and its unfair.
Anyway, hats off to Rev Father for his unflinching effort and untiring support for the cause.

BTW, i know its VERY late, but i sent TIS CD to my bro in S.Africa last week. He is an ARR fan who also loves Raaja's music. Now, after listening to it he can't stop talking about TIS. He says he's hooked on to IR like mad just like the old days.

krihoo
28th September 2005, 10:06 AM
Better they picturise the songs and release one more VCD ....to get back the remaining

TISK
9th October 2005, 06:52 PM
To fecilitate our members and fans in USA and to encourage people to make use of and think of this great album as their only [?!?!] or one of the gift items during this HOLIDAY SEASON, we are pleased to inform you all that the prices of TiS album and DVD have been reduced!!

Please visit www.tis-usa.com for details and we request you to avail of this great opportunity and make TiS a memorable gift to your friends and families.

We thank you for your continued support!

YIA!!

zz
11th October 2005, 08:04 PM
TISK

Its a good way of crealing your dump and emptying your shelf....I do not know why such begging is happening always here for TIS..

I guess, TIS will become the only album in the world which was bought and gifted the most...and people who bought it were the same set of people who took it upon themselves to promote it by just gifting it...

How much man...how much money should one pour in to buy TIS and gift it to some one who does not bother to check it himself about this good work..

See, TIS will sell with out any hype, if it has the stuff, which I guess it has in plenty...if it did not sell then assume that people did not like it and move on...Let IR move on and come up with aeven better project...That should be the spirit...rather that go around temples and this forum urging people to buy in bulk and just GIFT it away..

lets face the fact straight on its face..TIS is the only album that I knew in my known history that recieved free publicity from both Print and electronic media...and it sold to some extend because of it..topping some charts for a while..

If the actual figues are disputed by Welgate and father jegath is still suffering because of the blunder IR commited by offering it to Welgate inspite of Sony in the race is none of publics business...lets leave the general Public and IR's dignity at peace atleast for some time...Lets stop this begging in the for of request to buy more.....

Come on What's the LIMIT????

I have bought 3 and spent my hard earned money..I do not repend for that but your repeated calls are disgusting.

TISK
11th October 2005, 08:58 PM
Beauty or ugliness is in the eye of the beholder!
Go check your heart and eyes before calling someone names!
If you can't smell the camphor, then don't blame me!
Everything has a limit.... as you justly said!
If you don't like the announcement, please move on!
It is for those who do care!
YIA!!
:oops:

njv
11th October 2005, 09:59 PM
zz,

dont read this post.

TIS-USA reduced their price. Make use of this opportunity and buy more TIS.

TISK
22nd October 2005, 08:08 PM
Just a week away from Deepavali.!!

You all must be busy insending out cards and gifts to your kith and kin.

What better gift than TbI to reverberate their homes during this festival season.

Just think of TbI this one year to make their and our lives happier!

Pl. visit www.tis-usa.com to place your orders at reduced rates!!

Thank you in advance for hearing us one LAST time!!

Our sincere thanks for your continued support!

YIA!!

TISK
24th October 2005, 09:02 PM
Thiruvaasagam by MAnickavAsagar!!

Complete lyrics for the 5th song in TbI!
To hear it in musical format, visit www.tis-usa.com
YIA!!

திருப்பொற் சுண்ணம்
விக்கிபீடியாவிடமிருந்து விடுதலை மனப்பாங்கொடு உருவான கலைக்களஞ்சியம்.

திருப்பொற் சுண்ணம்
ஆனந்த மனோலயம்

(தில்லையில் அருளியது - அறுசீர் ஆசிரிய விருத்தம்)

முத்துநல் தாழம்பூ மாலைதூக்கி

முளைக்குடந் தூபம்நல் தீபம்வைம்மின்

சக்தியும் சோமியும் பார்மகளும்

நாமகளோடுபல்லாண்டிசைமின்

சித்தியுங் கௌரியும் பார்ப்பதியும்

கங்கையும் வந்து கவரிகொண்மின்

அத்தன் ஐயாறன்அம்மானைபாடி

ஆடப்பொற் சுண்ணம் இடித்துநாமே. 8

பூவியல் வார்சடை எம்பிராற்குப்

பொற்றிருச் சுண்ணம் இடிக்கவேண்டும்

மாவின் வடுவகி ரன்ன கண்ணீர்

வம்மின்கள் வந்துடன் பாடுமின்கள்

கூவுமின் தொண்டர் புறநிலாமே

குனிமின் தொழுமினெங் கோனெங்கூத்தன்

தேவியுந் தானும்வந்தெம்மையாளச்

செம்பொன்செய் சுண்ணம் இடித்துநாமே. 16

சுந்தர நீறணந் தும்மெழுகித்

தூயபொன்சிந்தி நிதிநிரப்பி

இந்திரன் கற்பகம் நாட்டியெங்கும்

எழிற்சுடர் வைத்துக் கொடியெடுமின்

அந்தார் கோன்அயன் தன்பெருமான்

ஆழியான் நாதன்நல் வேலன்தாதை

எந்தரம் ஆளுமை யாள்கொழுநற்

கேய்ந்த பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்துநாமே. 24

காசணி மின்கள் உலக்கையெல்லாம்

காம்பணி மின்கள் கறையுரலை

நேசமுடைய அடியவர்கள்

நின்று நிலாவுக என்றுவாழ்த்தித்

தேசமெல்லாம் புகழ்ந் தாடுங் கச்சித்

திருவேகம் பன்செம்பொற் கோயில்பாடிப்

பாசவினையைப் பறிந்துநின்று

பாடிப் பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்துநாமே. 32

அறுகெடுப்பார் அயனும்அரியும்

அன்றிமற்றிந்திர னோடமரர்

நறுமுது தேவர்கணங்கெளெல்லாம்

நம்மிற்பின் பல்லதெடுக்க வொட்டோ ம்

செறிவுடை மும்மதில் எய்தவில்லி

திருவேகம் பன்செம்பொற் கோயில்பாடி

முறுவற்செவ் வாயினீர் முக்கணப்பற்

காடப்பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்துநாமே. 40

உலக்கை பலஒச்சு வார்பெரியர்

உலகமெலாம்உரல் போதாதென்றே

கலக்க அடியவர் வந்துநின்றார்

காண உலகங்கள் போதாதென்றே

நலக்க அடியோமை ஆண்டுகொண்டு

நாண்மலர்ப் பாதங்கள் சூடந்தந்த

மலைக்கு மருகனைப் பாடிப்பாடி மகிழந்து

பொற்சுண்ணம் இடிந்தும்நாமே. 48

சூடகந் தோள்வரை ஆர்ப்ப ஆர்ப்பத்

தொண்டர் குழாமெழுந் தார்ப்ப ஆர்ப்ப

நாடவர் நந்தம்மை ஆர்ப்ப ஆர்ப்ப

நாமும் அவர்தம்மை ஆர்ப்ப ஆர்ப்பப்

பாடக மெல்லடி யார்க்கு மங்கை

பங்கினன் எங்கள் பராபரனுக்கு

ஆடக மாமலை அன்னகோவுக்

காடப் பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 56

வாள்தடங்கண்மட மங்கைநல்லீர்

வரிவளை ஆர்ப்பவண் கொங்கைபொங்கத்

தோள்திரு முண்டந் துதைந்திலங்கச்

சோத்தெம்பி ரானென்று சொல்லிச்சொல்லி

நாட்கோண்ட நாண்மலர்ந் பாதங்காட்டி

நாயிற் கடைப்பட்ட நம்மையிம்மை

ஆட்கொண்ட வண்ணங்கள் பாடிப்பாடி

ஆடப் பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 64

வையகம் எல்லாம் உரலதாக

மாமேரு என்னும் உலக்கை நாட்டி

மெய்யனும் மஞ்சள் நிறைய அட்டி

மேதரு தென்னன் பெருந்துறையான்

செய்ய திருவடி பாடிப்பாடிச்

செம்பொன் உலக்கை வலக்கைபற்றி

ஐயன் அணிதில்லை வாணனுக்கே

ஆடப்பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 72

முத்தணி கொங்கைகள் ஆடஆட

மொய்குழல் வண்டினம் ஆடஆடச்

சித்தஞ் சிவனொடும் ஆடஆடச்

செங்கயற் கண்பனி ஆடஆடப்

பித்தெம் பிரானொடும் ஆடஆடப்

பிறவி பிறரொடும் ஆடஆட

அத்தன் கருணையொ டாடஆட

ஆடப்பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 80

மாடு நகைவாள் நிலாவெறிப்ப

வாய்திறந் தம்பவ ளந்துடிப்பப்

பாடுமின் நந்தம்மை ஆண்டவாறும்

பணிகொண்ட வண்ணமும் பாடிப்பாடித்

தேடுமின் எம்பெருமானைத்தேடி

சித்தங் களிப்பத் திகைத்துத்தேறி

ஆடுமின் அம்பலத் தாடினானுக்

காடப்பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 88

மையமர் கண்டனை வானநாடர்

மருந்தினை மாணிக்கக் கூத்தன்தன்னை

ஐயனை ஐயர்பிரானைநம்மை

அகப்படுத் தாட்கொண் டருமைகாட்டும்

பொய்யர் தம் பொய்யனை மெய்யர் மெய்யைப்

போதரிக் கண்ணினைப் பொற்றொடித்தோள்

பையர வல்குல் மடந்தைநல்லீர்

பாடிப் பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 96

மின்னிடைச் செந்துவர் வாய்க்கருங்கண்

வெண்ணகைப் பண்ணமர் மென்மொழியீர்

என்னுடை ஆரமுதெங்களப்பன்

எம்பெருமான் இம வான்மகட்குத்

தன்னுடைக் கேள்வன் மகன்தகப்பன்

தமையன்எம் ஐயன் தாள்கள் பாடிப்

பொன்னுடைப் பூண்முலை மங்கைநல்லீர்

பொற்றிருச்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 104

சங்கம் அரற்றச் சிலம்பொலிப்பத்

தாழ்குழல் சூழ்தரு மாலையாடச்

செங்கனி வாயிதழுந்துடிப்பச்

சேயிழை யீர் சிவலோகம் பாடிக்

கங்கை இரைப்ப அராஇரைக்குங்

கற்றைச் சடைமுடி யான்கழற்கே

பொங்கிய காதலிற் கொங்கை பொங்கப்

பொற்றிருச்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 112

ஞானக் கரும்பின் தெளியைப் பாகை

நாடற் கரிய நலத்தை நந்தாத்

தேனைப் பழச்சுவை ஆயினானைச்

சித்தம் புகுந்துதித் திக்கவல்ல

கோனைப் பிறப்பறுத் தாண்டுகொண்ட

கூத்தனை நாத்தழும் பேறவாழ்த்திப்

பானல் தடங்கண் மடந்தைநல்லீர்

பாடிப்பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 120

ஆவகை நாமும் வந்தன்பர்தம்போ

டாட்செய்யும் வண்ணங்கள் பாடிவிண்மேல்

தேவர் கனாவிலுங் கண்டறியாச்

செம்மலர்ப் பாதங்கள் காட்டுஞ் செல்வச்

சேவகம் ஏந்திய வெல்கொடியான்

சிவபெரு மான் புரஞ் செற்றகொற்றச்

சேவகன் நாமங்கள் பாடிப்பாடிச்

செம்பொன் செய்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 128

தேனக மாமலர்க் கொன்றைபாடிச்

சிவபுரம் பாடித் திருச்சடைமேன்

வானக மாமதிப் பிள்ளைபாடி

மால்விடை பாடி வலக்கையேந்தும்

ஊனக மாமழுச் சூலம்பாடி

உம்பரும் இம்பரும் உய்யஅன்று

போனக மாகநஞ் சுண்டல்பாடிப்

பொற்றிச்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 136

அயன்தலை கொண்டுசெண்டாடல்பாடி

அருக்கன் எயிறு பறித்தல்பாடி

கயந்தனைக் கொன்றுரி போர்த்தல் பாடிக்

காலனைக்காலால் உதைத்தல்பாடி

இயைந்தன முப்புரம் எய்தல் பாடி

ஏழை அடியோமை ஆண்டுகொண்ட

நயந்தனைப் பாடிநின் றாடியாடி

நாதற்குச் சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 144

வட்டமலர்க்கொன்றை மாலைபாடி

மத்தமும்பாடி மதியம்பாடிச்

சிட்டர்கள் வாழுந்தென் தில்லைபாடிச்

சிற்றம் பலத்தெங்கள் செல்வம்பாடிக்

கட்டிய மாசுணக்கச்சைப் பாடிக்

கங்கணம் பாடிக் கவித்தகைம்மேல்

இட்டுநின் றாடும் அரவம்பாடி

ஈசற்குச்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 152

வேதமும் வேள்வியும் ஆயினார்க்கு

மெய்ம்மையும் பொய்ம்மையும் ஆயினார்க்குச்

சோதிய மாய் இருள் ஆயினார்க்குத்

துன்பமுமாய் இன்பம் ஆயினார்க்குப்

பாதியு மாய் முற்றும் ஆயினார்க்குப்

பந்தமு மாய் வீடும் ஆயினார்க்கு

ஆதியும் அந்தமும் ஆயினார்க்கு

ஆடப்பொற்சுண்ணம் இடித்தும்நாமே. 160

RR
24th October 2005, 10:04 PM
In the latest kumudam, there's a review of Venkat's drama 'manam koththi paravaigal'. In that, the reviewer says

[tscii:ec708ac112]þ¨ÇÂსŢý ¾¢ÕÅ¡º¸õ, Ýú¿¢¨Ä§¸üÀ ´Ä¢ôÀÐ, ¯Õì¸ò¨¾ ¾Õ¸¢ÈÐ..[/tscii:ec708ac112]

TISK
25th October 2005, 09:07 PM
In my attempt to keep the purpose for which TbI was created-- to make an awareness with the youth-- here is the second instalment of THIRUVASAGAM BY MANICKAVASAGAR, the complete verses for the 3rd song, 'pooveRu kOnum'. Try to identify the verses IIR picked for his version and enjoy the richness of the rest of the verses!! please bear with me for 4 more days!

To gift this great album during this festival season, go to www.tis-usa.com.
YIA!

திருவாசகம்-- மாணிக்கவாசகர்

திருவாசகம் (Thiruvasagam அல்லது Thiruvasakam) சைவ சமயக் கடவுளான சிவன் மீது பாடப்பட்ட பாடல்களின் தொகுப்பு ஆகும். இதனை இயற்றியவர் மாணிக்கவாசகர். பன்னிரு சைவ சமயத் திருமுறைகளில் திருவாசகம் எட்டாம் திருமுறையாக உள்ளது.

திருக்கோத்தும்பி

சிவனோடு ஐக்கியம்
(தில்லையில் அருளியது- நாலடித் தரவு கொச்சகக் கலிப்பா)

பூவேறு கோனும் புரந்தரனும் பொற்பமைந்த
நாவேறு செல்வியும் நாரணணும் நான் மறையும்
மாவேறு சோதியும் வானவருந் தாமறியாச்
சேவேறு சேவடிக்கே சென்றுதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 4

நானார் என் உள்ளமார் ஞானங்க ளார் என்னை யாரறிவார்
வானோர் பிரானென்னை ஆண்டிலனேல் மதிமயங்கி
ஊனா ருடைதலையில் உண்பலிதேர் அம்பலவன்
தேனார் கமலமே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 8

தினைத்தனை உள்ளதோர் பூவினில் தேன்உண்ணாதே
நினைத்தொறும் காண்தொறும் பேசுந்தொறும் எப்போதும்
அனைத்தெலும் புள்நெக ஆனந்தத் தேன் சொரியும்
குனிப்புடையானுக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 12

கண்ணப்பன் ஒப்பதோர் அன்பின்மை கண்டபின்
என்னப்பன் என்னொப்பில் என்னையும் ஆட்கொண்டருளி
வண்ணப் பணித்தென்னை வாவென்ற வான் கருணைச்
கண்ணப்பென் நீற்றற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 16

அத்தேவர் தேவர் அவர்தேவ ரென்றிங்ஙன்
பொய்த்தேவு பேசிப் புலம்புகின்ற பூதலத்தே
பத்தேதும் இல்லாதென் பற்றறநான் பற்றிநின்ற
மெய்த்தேவர் தேவற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 20

வைத்த நிதிபெண்டிர் மக்கள்குலங் கல்வியென்னும்
பித்த உலகிற் பிறப்போ டிறப்பென்னுஞ்
சித்த விகாரக் கலக்கம் தெளிவித்த
வித்தகத் தேவற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 24

சட்டோ நினைக்க மனத்தமுதாஞ் சங்கரனைக்
கெட்டேன் மறப்பேனோ கேடுபடாத் திருவடியை
ஒட்டாத பாவித் தொழும்பரைநாம் உருவறியோம்
சிட்டாய சிட்டற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 28

ஒன்றாய் முளைத்தெழுந் தெத்தனையோ கவடுவிட்டு
நன்றாக வைத்தென்னை நாய்சிவிகை ஏற்றுவித்த
என்தாதை தாதைக்கும் எம்மனைக்குந் தம்பெருமான்
குன்றாத செல்வற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 32

கரணங்கள் எல்லாங் கடந்துநின்ற கறைமிடற்றன்
சரணங்க ளேசென்று சார்தலுமே தான்எனக்கு
மரணம் பிறப்பென் றிவையிரண்டின் மயக்கறுத்த
கருணைக் கடலுக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 36

நோயுற்று மூத்துநான் நுந்துகன்றா யிங்கிருந்து
நாயுற்ற செல்வம் நயந்தறியா வண்ணமெல்லாந்
தாயுற்று வந்தென்னை ஆண்டுகொண்டதன்கருணைத்
தேயுற்ற செல்வற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 40

வன்னெஞ்சக் கள்வன் மனவலியன் என்னாதே
கல்நெஞ் சுருக்கிக் கருணையினால் ஆண்டுகொண்ட
அன்னஞ் திளைக்கும் அணிதில்லை அம்பலவன்
பொன்னங் கழலுக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 44

நாயேனைத் தன்னடிகள் பாடுவித்த நாயகனைப்
பேயேன துள்ளப் பிழைபொறுக்கும் பெருமையனைச்
சீயேதும் இல்லாதென் செய்பணிகள் கொண்டருளந்
தாயான ஈசற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 48

நான்தனக் கன்பின்னை நானுந்தா னும் அறிவோம்
தானென்னை ஆட்கொண்ட தெல்லாருந் தாமறிவார்
ஆன கருணையும் அங்குற்றே தானவனே
கோனென்னைக் கூடக் குளிர்ந்தூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 52

கருவாய் உலகினுக் கப்புறமாய் இப்புறத்தே
மருவார் மலர்க்குழல் மாதினொடும் வந்தருளி
அருவாய் மறைபயில் அந்தணனாய் ஆண்டுகொண்ட
திருவான தேவற்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 56

நானும்என் சிந்தையும் நாயகனுக் கெவ்விடத்தோம்
தானுந்தன் தையலுந் தாழ்சடையோன் ஆண்டிலனேல்
வானுந் திசைகளும் மாகடலும் ஆயபிரான்
தேனுந்து சேவடிக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 60

உள்ளப் படாத திருஉருவை உள்ளுதலும்
கள்ளப் படாத களிவந்த வான்கருணை
வெள்ளப் பிரான்என் பிரான்என்னை வேறேஆட்
கொள்ளப் பிரானுக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 64

பொய்யாய செல்வத்தே புக்கழுந்தி நாள்தோறும்
மெய்யாக் கருதிக்கிடந்தேனை ஆட்கொண்ட
ஐயாவென் ஆரூயிரே அம்பலவா என்றவன்றன்
செய்யார் மலரடிக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 68

தோலுந் துகிலுங் குழையுஞ் சுருள்தோடும்
பால்வெள்ளை நீறும் பசுஞ்சாந்தும் பைங்கிளியுஞ்
சூலமுந் தொக்க வளையு முடைத்தொன்மைக்
கோலமே நோக்கிக் குளிர்ந்தூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 72

கள்வன் கடியன் கலதியிவன் என்னாத
வள்ளல் வரவர வந்தொழிந்தான் என் மனத்தே
உள்ளத் துறதுய ரொன்றொழியா வண்ணமெல்லாந்
தெள்ளுங் கழலுக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 76

பூமேல் அயனோடு மாலும் புகலிரதென்று
ஏமாறி நிற்க அடியேன் இறுமாக்க
நாய்மேல் தவிசிfட்டு நன்றாய்ப் பொருட்படுத்த
தீமேனி யானுக்கே சென்றூதாய் கோத்தும்பீ. 80

app_engine
25th October 2005, 09:36 PM
[tscii:20de4f5a44]http://www.asianage.com/main.asp?layout=2&cat1=5&cat2=154&from=search&html=files/2005/10/23/20051023235224.htm&newsid=118362

Article by Mr Kolappan says:
Chennai, Oct. 23: Music maestro Ilayaraja’s CD Thiruvasagam, a Shiva-worship oratorio done with Budapest Symphony Orchestra, has made history of sorts in Tamil Nadu by recording the highest sales in recent times, even overtaking the hugely popular music track of superstar Rajnikant’s latest hit Chandramukhi.

Ironically, the producer of the CD, Tamil Maiyam, an organisation founded by a Catholic priest, Father Jagath Gaspar Raj, has not benefited at all. Lapses in marketing have led to losses of about Rs 62 lakhs for the organisation. "The distributor, Well Gate, told us that it has sold 35,000 CDs and 25,000 cassettes of the album. I was able to mobilise around Rs 44 lakhs through sponsorship and sales in the US. But the amount is nowhere near the total cost of the production, which is Rs 1.06 crore. As far as we are concerned, it is a successful project that ended up giving us losses," said Father Gaspar Raj.

Many stores in Chennai said they did not get adequate stocks and credit was not allowed. Credit is normally allowed in the music business. However, anticipating good sales, marketing strategy was based on a no-credit policy. This led to a shortage when the demand was really hot. "Normally, the distributors supply their products on credit. In the case of Thiruvasagam, we had to pay up first to get the CDs and cassettes. This is unheard of in the music business," said G.P. Sharma of the Saraswathi Stores, one of the biggest music stores in Chennai that is owned by AVM.

Other shop-owners said delays in the release of cassettes also led to losses. "People in rural areas prefer cassettes to CDs and the company was unable to supply enough cassettes in time," said an official associated with the project.

Market sources said Ilayaraja’s popularity, coupled with the pre-release media hype, ensured the success of Thiruvasagam. "At least 40 per cent of the credit should go to the media," said a musicologist.

Written by famous Shaivite saint Manickavasagar in the 8th century, Thiruvasagam has been a great favourite among Tamils as a rendition of total surrender to Lord Shiva. Ilayaraja accomplished his "lifetime ambition" of composing music for the bhakti masterpiece.

[/tscii:20de4f5a44]

Renault
25th October 2005, 09:37 PM
It came in yesterday's chennai edition of Deccan Chronicle on Thiruvaasagam cassette and CD sales as a whopping 10,700 and 2,800 respectibely.

This bettered the best seller among movies.. which was chandramukhi's 8800 cassettes.

Rahmain's Vande Maatarm was nowhere near to those numbers it seems..

Heartening!!! :)

njv
25th October 2005, 10:37 PM
It came in yesterday's chennai edition of Deccan Chronicle on Thiruvaasagam cassette and CD sales as a whopping 10,700 and 2,800 respectibely.

This bettered the best seller among movies.. which was chandramukhi's 8800 cassettes.

Is this the
total CDs sold ever - Worst
total sold in Chennai ever - Bad
total sold all over in a month - Good
total sold in Chennai this month - Very Good

Lets not compare TIS with anything else.

siva4forum
26th October 2005, 02:48 AM
"Pl. visit www.tis-usa.com to place your orders at reduced rates!!" - Kan Kedda Piragu Suriya Namashkaaram :-)

dude
26th October 2005, 04:55 AM

Okay, I take the bait.

Yes, Rahman's Vande Maataram was nowhere near these numbers. It sold around 8 lakh copies overall.

Source:
http://www.businessworldindia.com/archive/990830/mktg6.htm

TISK
26th October 2005, 06:12 AM
'yaarukku yenna manasO, adhuthaan kaNNula padum'!, Mr.'siva4forum'! This is nothing newhere in US. Even major albums do this after 3 months. That's what we are doing. So, rest easy.

Pl. refer back to Mr.'njv's post and no comparison please!
Mr.'dude', neenga oru 'bait'-aiyum yedukka vENdaam.

ARR is equally great!
VM and TbI are no comparisons at all!

YIA!

dude
26th October 2005, 06:39 AM
'yaarukku yenna manasO, adhuthaan kaNNula padum'!, Mr.'siva4forum'! This is nothing newhere in US. Even major albums do this after 3 months. That's what we are doing. So, rest easy.

Pl. refer back to Mr.'njv's post and no comparison please!
Mr.'dude', neenga oru 'bait'-aiyum yedukka vENdaam.

ARR is equally great!
VM and TbI are no comparisons at all!

YIA!

Mr. "TISK", if you dont mind, I was responding to Renault...

TISK
26th October 2005, 07:30 AM
I forgot to add Mr. 'Ranault's name also in my post. It is for him too. I apologize.Mr.'Dude' . Let's not have any of those wars here.

Sanjeevi
26th October 2005, 09:35 AM

Is this the
total CDs sold ever - Worst
total sold in Chennai ever - Bad
total sold all over in a month - Good
total sold in Chennai this month - Very Good

Lets not compare TIS with anything else.

I think, It should be the sales of only one particular shop or sales figure of a week.

TISK
26th October 2005, 10:51 PM
Here is the 3rd instalment! Complete verses for the 6th song, 'puRRil vaaL aravum anjEn' .

THIRUVAASAGAM BY MAANICKAVAASAGAR.

To get the Cd,pl. visit www.tis-usa.com.

YIA!!

திருவாசகம்-- மாணிக்கவாசகர்

திருவாசகம் (Thiruvasagam அல்லது Thiruvasakam) சைவ சமயக் கடவுளான சிவன் மீது பாடப்பட்ட பாடல்களின் தொகுப்பு ஆகும். இதனை இயற்றியவர் மாணிக்கவாசகர். பன்னிரு சைவ சமயத் திருமுறைகளில் திருவாசகம் எட்டாம் திருமுறையாக உள்ளது.

அச்சப் பத்து

புற்றிள்வாள் அரவும் அஞ்சேன் பொய்யர்தம் மெய்யும் அஞ்சேன்
கற்றைவார் சடைஎம் அண்ணல் கண்ணுதல் பாதம் நண்ணி
மற்றும்ஓர் தெய்வந் தன்னை உண்டென நினைந்தெம் பெம்மாற்கு
அற்றிலா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 4

வெருவரேன் வேட்கை வந்தால் வினைக்கடல் கொளினும் அஞ்சேன்
இருவரால் மாறு காணா எம்பிரான் தம்பிரா னாம்
திருவுரு அன்றி மற்றோர் தேவரெத் தேவ ரென்ன
அருவரா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 8

வன்புலால் வேலும் அஞ்சேன் வளைக்கையார் கடைக்கண் அஞ்சேன்
என்பெலாம் உருக நோக்கி அம்பலத் தாடுகின்ற
என்பொலா மணியை ஏத்தி இனிதருள் பருக மாட்டா
அன்பிலா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 12

கிளியனார் கிளவி அஞ்சேன் அவர்கிறி முறுவல் அஞ்சேன்
வெளியநீ றாடும் மேனி வேதியன் பாதம் நண்ணித்
துளியுலாம் கண்ணராகித் தொழுதழு துள்ளம் நெக்கிங்கு
அளியிலா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 16

பிணியெலாம் வரினும் அஞ்சேன் பிறப்பினோ டிறப்பும் அஞ்சேன்
துணிநிலா அணியினான்தன் தொழும்பரோடழுந்தி அம்மால்
திணிநிலம் பிளந்துங் காணாச் சேவடி பரவி வெண்ணீறு
அணிகிலா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 20

வாளுலாம் எரியும் அஞ்சேன் வரைபுரண் டிடினும் அஞ்சேன்
தோளுலாம் நீற்றன் ஏற்றன் சொற்புதம் கடந்த அப்பன்
தாளதா மரைகளேத்தித் தடமலர் புனைந்து நையும்
ஆளலா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 24

தகைவிலாப் பழியும் அஞ்சேன் சாதலை முன்னம் அஞ்சேன்
புகைமுகந் தெரிகை வீசிப் பொலிந்த அம்பலத்து ளாடும்
முகைநகைக் கொன்றைமாலை முன்னவன் பாதமேத்தி
அகம்நெகா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 28

தறிசெறி களிறும் அஞ்சேன் தழல்விழி உழுவை அஞ்சேன்
வெறிகமழ் சடையன் அப்பன் விண்ணவர் நண்ண மாட்டாச்
செறிதரு கழல்கள் ஏத்திச் சிறந்தினி திருக்கமாட்டா
அறிவிலா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 32

மஞ்சுலாம் உருமும் அஞ்சேன் மன்னரோ டுறவும் அஞ்சேன்
நஞ்சமே அமுத மாக்கும் நம்பிரான் எம்பிரானாய்ச்
செஞ்செவே ஆண்டு கொண்டான் திருமுண்டம் தீட்ட மாட்டாது
அஞ்சுவா ரவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 36

கோணிலா வாளி அஞ்சேன் கூற்றவன் சீற்றம் அஞ்சேன்
நீணிலா அணியினானை நினைந்து நைந்துருகி நெக்கு
வாணிலாங் கண்கள் சோர வாழ்ந்தநின்றேத்த மாட்டா
ஆணலா தவரைக் கண்டால் அம்மநாம் அஞ்சு மாறே. 40

திருச்சிற்றம்பலம்

TISK
27th October 2005, 09:30 PM
[tscii:d019f99c96]THIRUVAASAGAM BY MAANICKAVAASAGAR.

We will enjoy the complete verses as written by Saint Manickavasagar for the 1st song in the TbI CD, "poovaar senni mannan" as the 4th instalment. The meaning of the verses are also included as a "ilavasa iNaippu"!

Just two more days, Please!

To get the Cd,pl. visit www.tis-usa.com.

YIA!!

திருவாசகம் -- மாணிக்கவாசகர்.

யாத்திரைப் பத்து
(தில்லையில் அருளியது)

சிவலோகத்துக்குச் செல்ல அனைவரையும் அழைத்துக் கூறிய பகுதியாதலின், இது, 'யாத்திரைப்பத்து' எனப்பட்டது.

அனுபவ அதீதம் உரைத்தல்
துரியாதீத நிலையாகிய பேரின்ப அனுபவத்தைக் கூறுதல்

அறுசீர்க் கழிநெடிலடி ஆசிரிய விருத்தம்

திருச்சிற்றம்பலம்

பூவார் சென்னி மன்னன்எம் புயங்கப் பெருமான் சிறியோமை
ஓவா துள்ளங் கலந்துணர்வாய் உருக்கும் வெள்ளக் கருணையினால்
ஆவா என்னப் பட்டன்பாய் ஆட்பட் டீர்வந் தொருப்படுமின்
போவோம் காலம் வந்ததுகாண் பொய்விட் டுடையான் கழல்புகவே.

பதப்பொருள் : பூ ஆர் - மலர் நிறைந்த, சென்னி - முடியையுடைய, மன்னன் - அரசனாகிய, எம் புயங்கப் பெருமான் - பாம்பணிந்த எங்கள் பெருமான், சிறியோமை - சிறியவர்களாகிய நம்மை, ஓவாது - இடையறாமல், உள்ளம் கலந்து - உள்ளத்தில் கலந்து, உணர்வு ஆய் - உணர்வுருவாய், உருக்கும் - உருக்குகின்ற, வெள்ளக்கருணையினால் - பெருகிய கருணையால், ஆவா என்னப்பட்டு - ஐயோ என்று இரங்கியருளப்பட்டு, அன்பு ஆய் - அன்பு உருவாய், ஆட்பட்டீர் - ஆட்பட்டவர்களே, பொய் விட்டு - நிலையில்லாத வாழ்க்கையை விட்டு, உடையான் கழல் புக - நம்மை ஆளாக உடைய இறைவனது திருவடியை அடைய, காலம் வந்தது - காலம் வந்துவிட்டது, போவோம் - வந்து ஒருப்படுமின் - வந்து முற்படுங்கள்.

புகவே வேண்டா புலன்களில்நீர் புயங்கப் பெருமான் பூங்கழல்கள்
மிகவே நினைமின் மிக்கவெல்லாம் வேண்டா போக விடுமின்கள்
நகவே ஞாலத் துள்புகுந்து நாயே அனைய நமையாண்ட
தகவே உடையான் தனைச்சாரத் தளரா திருப்பார் தாந்தாமே.

பதப்பொருள் : நக - நாட்டார் நகை செய்ய, ஞாலத்துள் புகுந்து - உலகில் எழுந்தருளி, நாயே அனைய - நாயைப் போன்ற, நமை ஆண்ட - நம்மை ஆட்கொண்ட, தகவு உடையான்தனை - பெருமையையுடைய இறைவனை, சார - அடைந்தால், தாம் தாம் - அவரவர், தளராது இருப்பார் - தளர்ச்சி நீங்கி இருப்பார்கள், ஆதலின், அடியவர்களே, நீர் - நீங்கள், புலன்களில் - ஐம்புல விடயங்களில், புகவேண்டா - செல்ல வேண்டா, புயங்கப் பெருமான் - பாம்பணிந்த பெருமானது, பூங்கழல்கள் - தாமரைப் பூவை ஒத்த திருவடிகளை, மிக நினைமின் - மிகுதியாக நினையுங்கள், மிக்க எல்லாம் - எஞ்சியவையெல்லாம், வேண்டா - நமக்கு வேண்டா, போக விடுமின்கள் - அவற்றை நம்மிடத்திலிருந்து நீங்கும்படி விட்டுவிடுங்கள்.

தாமே தமக்குச் சுற்றமுந் தாமே தமக்கு விதிவகையும்
யாமார் எமதார் பாசமார் என்ன மாயம் இவைபோகக்
கோமான் பண்டைத் தொண்டரொடும் அவன்றன் குறிப்பே குறிக்கொண்டு
போமா றமைமின் பொய்நீக்கிப் புயங்கன் ஆள்வான் பொன்னடிக்கே.

பதப்பொருள் : தமக்குச் சுற்றமும் தாமே - ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் உறவினரும் அவரே, தமக்கு விதி வகையும் தாமே - நடைமுறைகளை வகுத்துக்கொள்பவரும் அவரே; ஆதலால், அடியவர்களே, நீங்கள், யாம் ஆ£¢ - நாம் யார், எமது ஆர் - எம்முடையது என்பது யாது, பாசம் ஆர் - பாசம் என்பது எது, என்ன மாயம் - இவையெல்லாம் என்ன மயக்கங்கள்? என்று உணர்ந்து, இவை போக - இவை நம்மை விட்டு நீங்க, கோமான் - இறைவனுடைய, பண்டைத் தொண்டரொடும் - பழைய அடியாரொடும் சேர்ந்து, அவன்றன் குறிப்பே - அவ்விறைவனது திருவுளக் குறிப்பையே, குறிக்கொண்டு - உறுதியாகப் பற்றிக்கொண்டு, பொய் நீக்கி - பொய் வாழ்வை நீத்து, புயங்கன் - பாம்பணிந்தவனும், ஆள்வான் - எமையாள்வோனுமாகிய பெருமானது, பொன் அடிக்கு - பொன் போல ஒளிரும் திருவடிக்கீழ், போம் ஆறு அமைமின் - போய்ச் சேரும் நெறியில் பொருந்தி நில்லுங்கள்.

அடியா ரானீர் எல்லீரும் அகல விடுமின் விளையாட்டைக்
கடிசே ரடியே வந்தடைந்து கடைக்கொண் டிருமின் திருக்குறிப்பைச்
செடிசேர் உடலைச் செலநீக்கிச் சிவலோ கத்தே நமைவைப்பான்
பொடிச்சேர் மேனிப் புயங்கன்தன் பூவார் கழற்கே புகவிடுமே.

பதப்பொருள் : அடியார் ஆனிர் எல்லீரும் - அடியாராகிய நீங்கள் எல்லீரும், விளையாட்டை - உலக இன்பங்களில் ஈடுபட்டுப் பொழுது போக்குகின்ற நிலையை, அகல விடுமின் - நீங்கிப் போமாறு விட்டு ஒழியுங்கள்; கடிசேர் அடியே - மணம் தங்கிய திருவடியையே, வந்து அடைந்து - வந்து பொருந்தி, திருக்குறிப்பை - திருவுள்ளக் குறிப்பை, கடைக்கொண்டு இருமின் - உறுதியாகப் பற்றிக்கொண்டிருங்கள்; பொடி சேர் மேனி - திருவெண்ணீறு பூசப்பெற்ற திருமேனியையுடைய, புயங்கன் - பாம்பணிந்த பெருமான், செடி சேர் உடலை - குற்றம் பொருந்திய உடம்பை, செல நீக்கி - போகும்படி நீக்கி, சிவலோகத்தே - சிவபுரத்தே, நமைவைப்பான் - நம்மை வைப்பான், தன் பூ ஆர் கழற்கே - தனது தாமரை மலர் போன்ற திருவடி நிழலிலே, புகவிடும் - புகும்படி செய்வான்.

விடுமின் வெகுளி வேட்கைநோய் மிகவோர் காலம் இனியில்லை
உடையான் அடிக்கீழ்ப் பெருஞ்சாத்தோ டுடன்போ வதற்கே ஒருப்படுமின்
அடைவோம் நாம்போய்ச் சிவபுரத்துள் அணியார் கதவ தடையாமே
புடைபட் டுருகிப் போற்றுவோம் புயங்கன் ஆள்வான் புகழ்களையே.

பதப்பொருள் : (அடியார்களே!) மிக - மேன்மைப்படுவதற்கு, இனி ஓர் காலம் இல்லை - இனிமேல் ஒரு காலம் கிடையாது; ஆகையால், அணியார் கதவு அடையாமே - சிவலோகத்தின் அழகிய கதவு நமக்கு அடைக்கப்படாதிருக்கும்படி, வெகுளி - கோபத்தையும், வேட்கை நோய் - காம நோயையும், விடுமின் - விட்டுவிடுங்கள், உடையான் அடிக்கீழ் - நம்மை உடைய பெருமானது திருவடிக்கீழ், பெருஞ்சாத்தோடு - பெரிய கூட்டத்தோடு, உடன் போவதற்கே ஒருப்படுமின் - உடன் செல்வதற்கு மனம் இசையுங்கள், புயங்கன் - பாம்பை அணிந்தவனும், ஆள்வான் - நம்மை ஆள்பவனுமாகிய இறைவனது, புகழ்களை - பெருமைகளை, புடைபட்டு - எங்கும் சூழ்ந்து, உருகிப் போற்றுவோம் - மனமுருகிப் போற்றுவோம்; போற்றினால், சிவபுரத்துள் - சிவலோகத்தில், நாம் போய் அடைவோம் - நாம் போய்ச் சேர்ந்துவிடுவோம்.

புகழ்மின் தொழுமின் பூப்புனைமின் புயங்கன் தாளே புந்திவைத்திட்
டிகழ்மின் எல்லா அல்லலையும் இனியோர் இடையூ றடையாமே
திகழுஞ் சீரார் சிவபுரத்துச் சென்று சிவன்தாள் வணங்கிநாம்
நிகழும் அடியார் முன்சென்று நெஞ்சம் உருகி நிற்போமே.

பதப்பொருள் : (அடியார்களே!) நாம் - நாம், இனி -இனிமேல், ஒர் இடையூறு அடையாமே - ஒரு துன்பம் வந்து சேராவண்ணம், திகழும் - விளங்குகின்ற, சீர் ஆர் - சிறப்பு அமைந்த, சிவபுரத்துச் சென்று - சிவபுரத்துக்குப் போய், சிவன் தாள் வணங்கி - சிவபெருமானது திருவடியை வணங்கி, நிகழும் - அங்கே வாழும், அடியார் முன் சென்று - அடியார் முன்னே சென்று, நெஞ்சம் உருகி நிற்போம் - மனம் உருகி நிற்போம்; அதற்கு, புயங்கள் தாளே - பாம்பணிந்த பெருமானது திருவடியையே, புகழ்மின் - புகழுங்கள், தொழுமின் - வணங்குங்கள், பூப்புனைமின் - அவற்றுக்கு மலர்சூடுங்கள், புந்தி வைத்திட்டு - அதனையே நினைவில் வைத்துக்கொண்டு, எல்லா அல்லலையும் - பிற எல்லாத் துன்பங்களையும், இகழ்மின் - இகழுங்கள்.

நிற்பார் நிற்கநில் லாஉலகில் நில்லோம் இனிநாம் செல்வோமே
பொற்பால் ஒப்பாந் திருமேனிப் புயங்கன் ஆள்வான் பொன்னடிக்கே
நிற்பீர் எல்லாந் தாழாதே நிற்கும் பரிசே ஒருப்படுமின்
பிற்பால் நின்று பேழ்கணித்தால் பெறுதற் கரியன் பெம்மானே.

பதப்பொருள் : பொற்பால் - அழகினால், ஒப்பு ஆம் - தனக்குத் தானே நிகரான, திருமேனி - திருமேனியையுடைய, புயங்கன் ஆள்வான் - பாம்பணிந்த பெருமானது, பொன்னடிக்கே - பொன் போன்ற திருவடியை அடைவதற்கே, நிற்பீர் - நிற்கின்றவர்களே, நில்லா உலகில் - நிலையில்லாத உலகின்கண், நிற்பார் நிற்க - நிற்க விரும்புவார் நிற்கட்டும், நாம் இனி நில்லோம் - நாம் இங்கு இனி நிற்கமாட்டோம், செல்வோம் - சென்றுவிடுவோம்; செல்லாமல், நின்று - தங்கி நின்று, பிற்பால் பேழ்கணித்தால் - பின்பு மனம் வருந்தினால், பெம்மான் - எம் பெருமான், பெறுதற்கரியன் - பெறுதற்கு அரியவனாவான்; ஆதலால், எல்லாம் தாழாது -எல்லோரும் காலந்தாழ்த்தாது, நிற்கும் பரிசே - நீங்கள் நினைந்து நின்றபடியே, ஒருப்படுமின் - செல்ல மனம் இசையுங்கள்.

பெருமான் பேரா னந்தத்துப் பிரியா திருக்கப் பெற்றீர்காள்
அருமால் உற்றுப் பின்னைநீர் அம்மா அழுங்கி அரற்றாதே
திருமா மணிசேர் திருக்கதவந் திறந்த போதே சிவபுரத்துத்
திருமால் அறியாத் திருப்புயங்கன் திருத்தாள் சென்று சேர்வோமே.

பதப்பொருள் : பெருமான் - இறைவனது, பேரானந்தத்து - பேரின்பத்தில், பிரியாதிருக்கப்பெற்றீர்காள் - பிரியாமல் மூழ்கியிருக்கப் பெற்றவர்களே, நீர் அருமால் உற்று - நீங்கள் அருமையான மயக்கத்தில் பொருந்தி, பின்னை - பின்பு, அம்மா - ஐயோ என்று, அழுங்கி அரற்றாதே - வருந்தி அலறாவண்ணம், திருமா மணிசேர் - அழகிய சிறந்த மணிகள் இழைக்கப்பெற்ற, திருக்கதவம் - திருக்கதவு, திறந்த போதே - திறந்திருக்கும்போதே, சிவபுரத்து - சிவபுரத்திலுள்ள, திருமால் அறியா - திருமாலறியாத, திருபுயங்கன் - அழகிய பாம்பணிந்த பெருமானது, திருத்தாள் - திருவடியை, சென்று சேர்வோம் - சென்றடைவோம் (ஒருப்படுமின்).

சேரக் கருதிச் சிந்தனையைத் திருந்த வைத்துச் சிந்திமின்
போரிற் பொலியும் வேற்கண்ணாள் பங்கன் புயங்கன் அருளமுதம்
ஆரப் பருகி ஆராத ஆர்வங் கூர அழுந்துவீர்
போரப் புரிமின் சிவன்கழற்கே பொய்யிற் கிடந்து புரளாதே.

பதப்பொருள் : போரில் பொலியும் வேல் - போரில் விளங்குகின்ற வேல் போன்ற, கண்ணாள் - கண்களையுடைய உமையம்மையின், பங்கன் - பாகனும், புயங்கன் - பாம்பணிந்தவனும் ஆகிய இறைவனது, அருள் அமுதம் - திருவருள் அமுதத்தை, ஆரப் பருகி - நிரம்பப் பருகி, ஆராத ஆர்வம் கூர - தணியாத ஆசை மிக, அழுந்துவீர் - மூழ்கியிருப்பவர்களே, பொய்யில் கிடந்து புரளாதே - பொய்யான வாழ்வில் கிடந்து புரளாமல், சிவன் கழற்கே - சிவபெருமானது திருவடியிலே, போரப் புரிமின் - அடைய விரும்புங்கள், சேரக் கருதி - அதனையடைய எண்ணி, சிந்தனையை - சித்தத்தை, திருந்த வைத்து - தூய்மையாக வைத்துக்கொண்டு, சிந்திமின் - இடைவிடாமல் நினையுங்கள்.

புரள்வார் தொழுவார் புகழ்வாராய் இன்றே வந்தாள் ஆகாதீர்
மருள்வீர் பின்னை மதிப்பாரார் மதியுட் கலங்கி மயங்குவீர்
தெருள்வீ ராகில் இதுசெய்மின் சிவலோ கக்கோன் திருப்புயங்கள்
அருளார் பெறுவார் அகலிடத்தே அந்தோ அந்தோ அந்தோவே.

பதப்பொருள் : புரள்வார் - புரள்பவராயும், தொழுவார் - வணங்குபவராயும், புகழ்வார் - துதிப்பவராயும், இன்றே வந்து - இப்பொழுதே வந்து, ஆள் ஆகாதீர் - ஆட்படாதவர்களாய், மருள்வீர் - மயங்குகின்றவர்களே, பின்னை - பின்பு, மதியுள் கலங்கி - அறிவினுட்கலக்கமடைந்து, மயங்குவீர் யாவர்? தெருள்வீர் ஆகில் - தௌ¤வடைய விரும்புவீரானால், இது செய்மின் - எம்பெருமானுக்கு ஆட்படுதலாகிய இதனைச் செய்யுங்கள்; சிவலோகக்கோன் - சிவலோக நாதனாகிய, திருப்புயங்கன் - பாம்பணிந்த பெருமானது, அருள் - திருவருளை, அகல் இடத்து - அகன்ற உலகின்கண், ஆர் பெறுவார் - யார் பெற வல்லார்கள்? அந்தோ அந்தோ அந்தோ - ஐயோ ஐயோ ஐயோ!

திருச்சிற்றம்பலம்

[/tscii:d019f99c96]

TISK
28th October 2005, 05:11 AM
yaaaraavadhu oruvaraavadhu paarththiirkaLaa?
Pl. post.
Thanks.

TISK
28th October 2005, 11:03 PM
[tscii:65180f2a9b]On this 5th day of TbM [Thiruvaasagam by mAnicka vAsagar!] Lyrics issue, it will be 'yenakku "PIDITHTHA PATHTHU", the 10 verses describing the bliss of Liberation and merging with the Lord by Saint MAnickavAsagar.

As you know this is the 4th song in the TbI CD which is available at www.tis-usa.com !! :idea:

'ilavasa iNaippu' [meanings]continues during this DiipAvaLi time!

YIA!!

திருவாசகம் -- மாணிக்கவாசகர்.

பிடித்த பத்து/உரை
(திருத்தோணி புரத்தில் அருளியது)

அடிகள், இறைவனைத் தாம் விடாது பிடித்த செயலைக் கூறும் பத்துப் பாடல்களாதலின், இது 'பிடித்த பத்து' எனப்பட்டது.
முத்திக்கலப்புரைத்தல்
முத்தியில் கலந்த அனுபவத்தைக் கூறுதல்.

எழுசீர்க் கழிநெடிலடி ஆசிரிய விருத்தம்

திருச்சிற்றம்பலம்

உம்பர்கட் கரசே ஒழிவற நிறைந்த யோகமே ஊத்தையேன் தனக்கு
வம்பெனப் பழுத்தென் குடிமுழு தாண்டு வாழ்வற வாழ்வித்த மருந்தே
செம்பொருட் டுணிவே சீருடைக் கழலே செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
எம்பொருட் டுன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : உம்பர்கட்கு அரசே - தேவர்களுக்கு அரசனே, ஒழிவு அற நிறைந்த யோகமே - எல்லாப் பொருள்களிலும் நீக்கமறக் கலந்திருப்பவனே, ஊத்தையேன் தனக்கு - அழுக்கு உடம்பை உடையேனாகிய எனக்கு, வம்பு எனப் பழுத்து - புதிய பொருள் போலத் தோன்றி, என் குடி முழுது ஆண்டு - என் குடி முழுவதும் ஆண்டருளி, வாழ்வு அற - உலக வாழ்வு நீங்க, வாழ்வித்த - சிவப்பேறு உண்டாகும்படி வாழ்வித்த, மருந்தே - அமுதமே, செம்பொருள் துணிவே - துணியப்பட்ட செம்பொருளே, சீர் உடைக் கழலே - சிறப்பையுடைய திருவடியை உடையவனே, செல்வமே - அருட்செல்வமாயிருப்பவனே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, எம்பொருட்டு - எங்கள் பொருட்டாக, உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன்: இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் என்னை விட்டு எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

விடைவிடா துகந்த விண்ணவர் கோவே வினையனே னுடையமெய்ப் பொருளே
முடைவிடா தடியேன் மூத்தற மண்ணாய் முழுப்புழுக் குரம்பையிற் கிடந்து
கடைபடா வண்ணம் காத்தெனை ஆண்ட கடவுளே கருணைமா கடலே
இடைவிடா துன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : விடை விடாது உகந்த - இடபத்தை விடாமல் விரும்பின, விண்ணவர் கோவே - தேவர் பெருமானே, வினையனேன் உடைய - வினையை உடையேனாகிய எனது, மெய்பொருளே - உண்மையான பொருளே, அடியேன் - அடியேனாகிய யான், முடை விடாது - புலால் நாற்றம் நீங்காது, முழுப் புழுக்குரம்பையில் கிடந்து - முழுவதும் புழு நிறைந்த கூட்டினிற்கிடந்து, அறமூத்து - மிகவும் முதுமை எய்தி, மண்ணாய் - பாழாய், கடைபடா வண்ணம் - கீழ்மையடையா வகை, காத்து என்ன ஆண்ட - தடுத்து என்னை ஆண்டருளின, கடவுளே - எல்லாம் கடந்தவனே! கருணை மாகடலே - கருணையாகிய பெருங்கடலே, இடைவிடாது - இடையறாமல், உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - 'உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன், இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

அம்மையே அப்பா ஒப்பிலா மணியே அன்பினில் விளைந்தஆ ரமுதே
பொய்ம்மையே பெருக்கிப் பொழுதினைச் சுருக்கும் புழுத்தலைப் புலையனேன் தனக்குச்
செம்மையே ஆய சிவபதம் அளித்த செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
இம்மையே உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : அம்மையே - தாயே, அப்பா - தந்தையே, ஒப்பு இலா மணியே - நிகரில்லாத மாணிக்கமே, அன்பினில் விளைந்த - அன்பாகிய கடலில் உண்டாகிய, ஆர் அமுதே - அருமையான அமுதமே, பொய்ம்மையே பெருக்கி - பொய்ம்மையான செயல்களையே அதிகமாகச் செய்து, பொழுதினைச் சுருக்கும் - காலத்தை வீணாகக் கழிக்கின்ற, புழுத்தலைப் புலையனேன் தனக்கு - புழுவையுடைய இடமாகிய உடம்பில் உள்ள கீழ்மையேனுக்கு, செம்மையே ஆய - மிக மேன்மையான, சிவபதம் அளித்த - சிவபதத்தைக் கொடுத்தருளின, செல்வமே - அருட்செல்வமே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, இம்மையே - இவ்வுலகிலேயே, உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன், இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

அருளுடைச் சுடரே அளிந்ததோர் கனியே பெருந்திறல் அருந்தவர்க் கரசே
பொருளுடைக் கலையே புகழ்ச்சியைக் கடந்த போகமே யோகத்தின் பொலிவே
தெருளிடத் தடியார் சிந்தையுட் புகுந்த செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
இருளிடத் துன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினி¢யே.

பதப்பொருள் : அருள் உடைச் சுடரே - அளியையுடைய சுடரே, அளிந்தது ஓர் கனியே - பக்குவப்பட்ட ஒப்பற்ற கனியே, பெருந்திறல் - பேராற்றலையுடைய, அருந்தவர்க்கு - அருமையான தவத்தினையுடையோர்க்கு, அரசே - அரசனே, பொருள் உடைக் கலையே - மெய்ப்பொருளை விளக்கும் நூலானவனே, புகழ்ச்சியைக் கடந்த போகமே - நூல்கள் புகழும் புகழ்ச்சிக்கு அடங்காத இன்பமே, யோகத்தின் பொலிவே - யோகக் காட்சியில் விளங்குகின்றவனே, தெருள் இடத்து - தௌ¤வாகிய இடத்தையுடைய, அடியார் சிந்தையுள் புகுந்த செல்வமே - அடியார்களது சித்தத்தில் தங்கிய செல்வமே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, இருள் இடத்து - இருள் நிறைந்த இவ்வுலகில், உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன்; இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

ஒப்புனக் கில்லா ஒருவனே அடியேன் உள்ளத்துள் ஒளிர்கின்ற ஒளியே
மெய்ப்பதம் அளியா வீறிலி யேற்கு விழுமிய தளித்ததோ ரன்பே
செப்புதற் கரிய செழுஞ்சுடர் மூர்த்தி செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
எய்ப்பிடத் துன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : உனக்கு ஒப்பு இல்லா - உனக்கு ஒருவரும் நிகரில்லாத, ஒருவனே - ஒருத்தனே, அடியேன் உள்ளத்துள் - அடியேனது மனத்தில், ஒளிர்கின்ற ஒளியே - விளங்குகின்ற ஒளியே, மெய்ப்பதம் அறியா - உண்மையான நிலையை அறியாத, வீறு இலியேற்கு - பெருமையில்லாத எனக்கு, விழுமியது - மேன்மையாகிய பதத்தை, அளித்தது - கொடுத்ததாகிய, ஓர் அன்பே - ஒப்பற்ற அன்பானவனே, செப்புதற்கு அரிய - சொல்வதற்கு அருமையான, செழுஞ்சுடர் மூர்த்தி - வளமையான சுடர் வடிவினனே, செல்வமே - அருட்செல்வமே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, எய்ப்பு இடத்து - இளைத்த இடத்தில், உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன், இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கு எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

அறவையேன் மனமே கோயிலாக் கொண்டாண் டளவிலா ஆனந்தம் அருளிப்
பிறவிவே ரறுத்தென் குடிமுழு தாண்ட பிஞ்ஞகா பெரியஎம் பொருளே
திறவிலே கண்ட காட்சியே அடியேன் செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
இறவிலே உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : அறவையேன் மனமே - ஆதரவு அற்றவனாகிய என்னுடைய மனத்தையே, கோயிலாக் கொண்டு - கோயிலாகக் கொண்டு, ஆண்டு - ஆட்கொண்டு, அளவு இலா ஆனந்தம் அருளி - எல்லையற்ற இன்பத்தை அளித்து, பிறவி வேர் அறுத்து - என்னுடைய பிறப்பின் வேரைக் களைந்து, என் குடி முழுது ஆண்ட - என் குடும்பம் முழுவதையும் ஆட்கொண்ட, பிஞ்ஞகா - தலைக்கோலமுடையவனே, பெரிய எம் பொருளே - பெருமையான எமது மெய்ப்பொருளே, திறவிலே கண்ட காட்சியே - திறந்த வெளியிலே காணப்பட்ட காட்சிப் பொருளே, அடியேன் செல்வமே - அடியேனது அருட்செல்வமே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, இறவிலே - இறுதியிலே, உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன்; இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

பாசவே ரறுக்கும் பழம்பொருள் தன்னைப் பற்றுமா றடியனேற் கருளிப்
பூசனை உகந்தென் சிந்தையுட் புகுந்து பூங்கழல் காட்டிய பொருளே
தேசுடை விளக்கே செழுஞ்சுடர் மூர்த்தி செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
ஈசனே உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : பாசவேர் அறுக்கும் - பற்றுகளின் வேரைக் களைகின்ற, பழம்பொருள் தன்னை - பழமையான பொருளை, பற்றும் ஆறு - பற்றிக்கொள்கின்ற வழியை, அடியனேற்கு அருளி - அடியேனாகிய எனக்கு அருள் புரிந்து, பூசனை உகந்து - எனது வழிபாட்டினை விரும்பி, என் சிந்தையுள் புகுந்து - என் சித்தத்துள் புகுந்து, பூங்கழல் காட்டிய பொருளே - தாமரை மலர் போன்ற திருவடியைக் காட்டிய மெய்ப்பொருளே, தேசு உடை விளக்கே - ஒளியையுடைய விளக்கே, செழுஞ்சுடர் மூர்த்தி - விளக்கினுள் தோன்றும் வளமையான சுடர் போலும் வடிவினனே, செல்வமே - அருட்செல்வமே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, ஈசனே - இறைவனே, உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன்; இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

அத்தனே அண்டர் அண்டமாய் நின்ற ஆதியே யாதும்ஈ றில்லாச்
சித்தனே பத்தர் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்த செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
பித்தனே எல்லா உயிருமாய்த் தழைத்துப் பிழைத்தவை அல்லையாய் நிற்கும்
எத்தனே உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : அத்தனே - தந்தையே, அண்டர் அண்டமாய் நின்ற - தேவராயும் தேவர் உலகமாயும் நின்ற, ஆதியே - முதல்வனே, யாதும் ஈறு இல்லா - சிறிதும் முடிவு இல்லாத, சித்தனே - ஞான வடிவினனே, பத்தர் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்த - அடியார்கள் உறுதியாகப் பற்றின, செல்வமே - அருட்செல்வமே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, பித்தனே - அன்பர்பால் பேரன்பு கொண்டவனே, எல்லா உயிருமாய்த் தழைத்து - எல்லா உயிர்களுமாய்க் கலந்து விளங்கியும், பிழைத்து - நீங்கி, அவை அல்லையாய் நிற்கும் - அவை அல்லாமல் தன்மையால் வேறாய் இருக்கின்ற, எத்தனே - மாயம் உடையவனே. உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன்; இனி எங்கெழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

பால்நினைந் தூட்டுந் தாயினுஞ் சாலப் பரிந்துநீ பாவியே னுடைய
ஊனினை உருக்கி உள்ளொளி பெருக்கி உலப்பிலா ஆனந்த மாய
தேனினைச் சொரிந்து புறம்புறந் திரிந்த செல்வமே சிவபெரு மானே
யானுனைத் தொடர்ந்து சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : பால் - பாலை, நினைந்து ஊட்டும் - காலமறிந்து கொடுக்கின்ற, தாயினும் - தாயைக்காட்டிலும், சாலப்பரிந்து - மிகவும் அன்பு கொண்டு, நீ பாவியேனுடைய - நீ பாவியாகிய என்னுடைய, ஊனினை உருக்கி - உடம்பை உருக்கி, உள்ளொளி பெருக்கி - உள்ளத்தில் ஞானத்தைப் பெருக்கி, உலப்பிலா - அழியாத, ஆனந்தம் ஆய - இன்பமாகிய, தேனினைச் சொரிந்து - தேனைப் பொழிந்து, புறப் புறம் திரிந்த - நான்கு புறங்களிலும் உடன் திரிந்த, செல்வமே - அருட்செல்வமே, சிவபெருமானே - சிவபிரானே, யான் உனைத் தொடர்ந்து - நான் உன்னைத் தொடர்ந்து, சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன், இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

புன்புலால் யாக்கை புரைபுரை கனியப் பொன்னெடுங் கோயிலாப் புகுந்தென்
என்பெலாம் உருக்கி எளியையாய் ஆண்ட ஈசனே மாசிலா மணியே
துன்பமே பிறப்பே இறப்பொடு மயக்காந் தொடக்கெலாம் அறுத்தநற் சோதீ
இன்பமே உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் எங்கெழுந் தருளுவ தினியே.

பதப்பொருள் : புன்புலால் யாக்கை - அற்பமாகிய புலால் உடம்பு, புரைபுரை கனிய - மயிர்க்கால்தொறும் நெகிழ்ச்சியடைய, அது, பொன் நெடுங்கோயிலா - பொன்னாலாகிய பெரிய கோயிலாகும்படி, புகுந்து - அதனுள் எழுந்தருளியிருந்து, என் என்பு எலாம் உருக்கி - என்னுடைய எலும்புகளையெல்லாம் உருகும்படி செய்து, எளியை ஆய் - எளியவனாகிய, ஆண்ட - ஆட்கொண்டருளின, ஈசனே - ஆண்டவனே, மாசு இலா மணியே - குற்றமற்ற மாணிக்கமே, துன்பமே - துன்பமும், பிறப்பே - பிறப்பும், இறப்பொடு - இறப்பினோடு, மயக்கும் ஆம் - மயக்கமும் ஆகிய, தொடக்கு எலாம் அறுத்த - பற்றுகளெல்லாம் அறுத்தருளின, நல் சோதீ - மேலான சோதியே, இன்பமே - ஆனந்தமே, உன்னைச் சிக்கெனப் பிடித்தேன் - உன்னை உறுதியாகப் பற்றினேன், இனி எங்கு எழுந்தருளுவது - நீ இனிமேல் எங்கே எழுந்தருளிச் செல்வது?

திருச்சிற்றம்பலம்
[/tscii:65180f2a9b]

Vysar
29th October 2005, 08:31 PM
Why IR did this?

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2005/oct/291005a.asp

TISK
29th October 2005, 11:50 PM
He did more than this!
That's why this constant appeal and requests to buy this CD from www.tis-usa.com to cover the committments to US loan obligations. Still, people are cursing us for our plea for help!

thiruvaasaga unmaigalai ulagam aRiyum neram nerungugiRadhu.

Anyway, here is the last instalment of that most important song in the CD-- 'sivapuraaNam'. I have underlined the lines which found its way into that CD as today's 'ilavasa iNaippu'!!! If you need the meanings, pl. let me know. I will post them tomorrow.
YIA.

TISK
30th October 2005, 12:04 AM
Forgot to make the Cd lines bold. Here it is as today's 'ilavasa iNaippu'!!! Of course, they are not in the order as it appears in the CD.

If you need the meanings, pl. let me know. I will post them tomorrow.

Pl. visit www.tis-usa.com to get your copy of the CD

YIA.

சிவபுராணம்
(திருப்பெருந்துறையில் அருளியது தற்சிறப்புப் பாயிரம்)

நமச்சிவாய வாஅழ்க நாதன் தாள் வாழ்க
இமைப்பொழுதும் என் நெஞ்சில் நீங்காதான் தாள் வாழ்க
கோகழி ஆண்ட குருமணிதன் தாள் வாழ்க
ஆகமம் ஆகிநின்று அண்ணிப்பான் தாள் வாழ்க
ஏகன் அநேகன் இறைவன் அடிவாழ்க 5

வேகம் கெடுத்தாண்ட வேந்தன் அடிவெல்க
பிறப்பறுக்கும் பிஞ்ஞகன்தன் பெய்கழல்கள் வெல்க
புறந்தார்க்குச் சேயோன் தன் பூங்கழல்கள் வெல்க
கரங்குவிவார் உள்மகிழும் கோன்கழல்கள் வெல்க
சிரம்குவிவார் ஓங்குவிக்கும் சீரோன் கழல் வெல்க 10

ஈசன் அடிபோற்றி எந்தை அடிபோற்றி
தேசன் அடிபோற்றி சிவன் சேவடி போற்றி
நேயத்தே நின்ற நிமலன் அடி போற்றி
மாயப் பிறப்பு அறுக்கும் மன்னன் அடி போற்றி
சீரார் பெருந்துறை நம் தேவன் அடி போற்றி 15

ஆராத இன்பம் அருளும் மலை போற்றி
சிவன் அவன் என்சிந்தையுள் நின்ற அதனால்
அவன் அருளாலே அவன் தாள் வணங்கிச்
சிந்தை மகிழச் சிவ புராணம் தன்னை
முந்தை வினைமுழுதும் ஓய உரைப்பன் யான். 20

கண் நுதலான் தன்கருணைக் கண்காட்ட வந்து எய்தி
எண்ணுதற்கு எட்டா எழில் ஆர்கழல் இறைஞ்சி
விண் நிறைந்தும் மண் நிறைந்தும் மிக்காய், விளங்கு ஒளியாய்,
எண் இறந்த எல்லை இலாதானே நின் பெரும்சீர்
பொல்லா வினையேன் புகழுமாறு ஒன்று அறியேன் 25

புல்லாகிப் பூடாய்ப் புழுவாய் மரமாகிப்
பல் விருகமாகிப் பறவையாய்ப் பாம்பாகிக்
கல்லாய் மனிதராய்ப் பேயாய்க் கணங்களாய்
வல் அசுரர் ஆகி முனிவராய்த் தேவராய்ச்
செல்லாஅ நின்ற இத் தாவர சங்கமத்துள் 30

எல்லாப் பிறப்பும் பிறந்து இளைத்தேன், எம்பெருமான்
மெய்யே உன் பொன் அடிகள் கண்டு இன்று வீடு உற்றேன்
உய்ய என் உள்ளத்துள் ஓங்காரமாய் நின்ற
மெய்யா விமலா விடைப்பாகா வேதங்கள்
ஐயா எனவோங்கி ஆழ்ந்து அகன்ற நுண்ணியனே 35

வெய்யாய், தணியாய், இயமானனாம் விமலா
பொய் ஆயின எல்லாம் போய் அகல வந்தருளி
மெய் ஞானம் ஆகி மிளிர் கின்ற மெய்ச் சுடரே
எஞ்ஞானம் இல்லாதேன் இன்பப் பெருமானே
அஞ்ஞானம் தன்னை அகல்விக்கும் நல் அறிவே 40

ஆக்கம் அளவு இறுதி இல்லாய், அனைத்து உலகும்
ஆக்குவாய் காப்பாய் அழிப்பாய் அருள் தருவாய்
போக்குவாய் என்னைப் புகுவிப்பாய் நின் தொழும்பின்
நாற்றத்தின் நேரியாய், சேயாய், நணியானே
மாற்றம் மனம் கழிய நின்ற மறையோனே 45

கறந்த பால் கன்னலொடு நெய்கலந்தாற் போலச்
சிறந்தடியார் சிந்தனையுள் தேன்ஊறி நின்று
பிறந்த பிறப்பு அறுக்கும் எங்கள் பெருமான்
நிறங்கள் ஓர் ஐந்து உடையாய், விண்ணோர்கள் ஏத்த
மறைந்திருந்தாய், எம்பெருமான் வல்வினையேன் தன்னை 50

மறைந்திட மூடிய மாய இருளை
அறம்பாவம் என்னும் அரும் கயிற்றால் கட்டி
புறம்தோல் போர்த்து எங்கும் புழு அழுக்கு மூடி,
மலம் சோரும் ஒன்பது வாயில் குடிலை
மலங்கப் புலன் ஐந்தும் வஞ்சனையைச் செய்ய, 55

விலங்கு மனத்தால், விமலா உனக்கு
கலந்த அன்பாகிக் கசிந்து உள் உருகும்
நலம் தான் இலாத சிறியேற்கு நல்கி
நிலம் தன்மேல் வந்து அருளி நீள்கழல்கள் காட்டி,
நாயிற் கடையாய்க் கிடந்த அடியேற்குத் 60

தாயிற் சிறந்த தயா ஆன தத்துவனே
மாசற்ற சோதி மலர்ந்த மலர்ச்சுடரே
தேசனே தேன் ஆர்அமுதே சிவபுரானே
பாசமாம் பற்று அறுத்துப் பாரிக்கும் ஆரியனே
நேச அருள்புரிந்து நெஞ்சில் வஞ்சம் கெடப் 65

பேராது நின்ற பெருங்கருணைப் போராறே
ஆரா அமுதே அளவிலாப் பெம்மானே
ஓராதார் உள்ளத்து ஒளிக்கும் ஒளியானே
நீராய் உருக்கி என் ஆருயிராய் நின்றானே
இன்பமும் துன்பமும் இல்லானே உள்ளானே 70

அன்பருக்கு அன்பனே யாவையுமாய் இல்லையுமாய்
சோதியனே துன்னிருளே தோன்றாப் பெருமையனே
ஆதியனே அந்தம் நடுவாகி அல்லானே
ஈர்த்து என்னை ஆட்கொண்ட எந்தை பெருமானே
கூர்த்த மெய் ஞானத்தால் கொண்டு உணர்வார் தம்கருத்தில் 75

நோக்கரிய நோக்கே நுணுக்கரிய நுண் உணர்வே
போக்கும் வரவும் புணர்வும் இலாப் புண்ணியனே
காக்கும் என் காவலனே காண்பரிய பேர் ஒளியே
ஆற்றின்ப வெள்ளமே அத்தா மிக்காய் நின்ற
தோற்றச் சுடர் ஒளியாய்ச் சொல்லாத நுண் உணர்வாய் 80

மாற்றமாம் வையகத்தின் வெவ்வேறே வந்து அறிவாம்
தேற்றனே தேற்றத் தெளிவே என் சிந்தனை உள்
ஊற்றான உண்ணார் அமுதே உடையானே
வேற்று விகார விடக்கு உடம்பின் உள்கிடப்ப
ஆற்றேன் எம் ஐயா அரனே ஓ என்று என்று 85

போற்றிப் புகழ்ந்திருந்து பொய்கெட்டு மெய் ஆனார்
மீட்டு இங்கு வந்து வினைப்பிறவி சாராமே
கள்ளப் புலக்குரம்பைக் கட்டு அழிக்க வல்லானே
நள் இருளில் நட்டம் பயின்று ஆடும் நாதனே
தில்லை உள் கூத்தனே தென்பாண்டி நாட்டானே 90

அல்லல் பிறவி அறுப்பானே ஓ என்று
சொல்லற்கு அரியானைச் சொல்லித் திருவடிக்கீழ்
சொல்லிய பாட்டின் பொருள் உணர்ந்து சொல்லுவார்
செல்வர் சிவபுரத்தின் உள்ளார் சிவன் அடிக்கீழ்ப்
பல்லோரும் ஏத்தப் பணிந்து. 95

Sanjeevi
30th October 2005, 12:31 AM
yaaaraavadhu oruvaraavadhu paarththiirkaLaa?
Pl. post.
Thanks.

gr8 work but with some spelling mistakes

rajasaranam
30th October 2005, 12:39 AM
He did more than this!
That's why this constant appeal and requests to buy this CD from www.tis-usa.com to cover the committments to US loan obligations. Still, people are cursing us for our plea for help!

thiruvaasaga unmaigalai ulagam aRiyum neram nerungugiRadhu.

Red and Bold mine

TISK,

I know how much pain you people over, at US are undergoing, Thats why i stopped critisising you long back [you can refer my previous posts where i've lamented against you]. Hmmm... What can we do! I heard much about his Recent Live show too... Delayed payments no payments for the singers etc., I never thought about him to be money minded. But the truth is bitter. Fr.Jegath seemed very much pained about the happenings when i saw him at the last IR Yahoo Group meeting held at chennai.
Avar Piravi kadana mudichitaar athukku munnadi evalo intha piravila Soththu Serka mudiyumo serkiraar pola. Serthu kondu poi Moogambigai koyilla vaira Attigai Vaira kridam ellam kodukka poraar. Oora adichi olaiyila poduvaanga kelvipattuirukom Rasigargala Adichi Kovilla podraar IR.
Well i sincerely wish you sell more of the CD's Which is indeed a masterpiece from the otherwise genius and get out of your debts soon. I myself sold over 50 CD's over her in chennai and iam happy that it has in someway monetarily helped Fr. Jegath and Tamil mayyam.
I appeal The US fans to buy atleast 10 CD's from their own pockets and help TISK get out his crisis soon. $200's wont be a big amount for those staying in US i Presume.

TISK
30th October 2005, 01:10 AM
Thank you, Mr. Rajasaranam, for your kind words.
yia!

vijayr
30th October 2005, 06:09 AM
Even if this news by tamilcinema wasnt true, still TIS-USA deserves every penny they get back from CDs sold purely because of their earlier effort. In fact what I have written about TIS in music forums is due to an intention to help these guys.

Coming back to IR, if this is indeed true his mask has to be ripped off and someone needs to write about this in Kumudam or AV. That he is money minded is common knowledge, it doesnt come as a surprise to me(proof is the countless albums he did just for money) but exploiting his fans for personal gain is cheap, especially when he gave all those honest, seemingly innocent statements here in US about the real motive of TIS.

TISK, I honestly hope you guys get back all the money you invested. You need to probably think about having a rep in India and selling it there where the market is higher. Do like something of a bulk purchase and sell it for a slightly lower price or something. Cut as much as possible into the profit that Welgate and IR are going to make. Use Yahoo IR fans club if necessary, although some of those guys idol worship IR.

Arjuna
30th October 2005, 04:56 PM
Guys - I know all this before itself - Some of my relatives in UK were telling me about Father's plight! And I was wondering what on earth was all this!

Jacky
30th October 2005, 07:53 PM
It's more a loss for IR, Fr vowed for a Grammy winning album in 2 years and promised to work harder on it, he has indeed revived IR's career from scoring for numerous duds, but things look bleak now and IR will only churn out movies like Kanchipurathil oru Kuppusamy.
Samiyar vesham pottu oora yeamathara nadigar pathi kelvi pattiruken but this is shocking!

njv
30th October 2005, 09:18 PM
Why IR did this?

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2005/oct/291005a.asp

Tamil Maiyam has copyright and selling the CDs in India and USA thru TIS-USA.

London and Canada - No one is officially selling them. They have CDs in the market from India (Welgate), USA (TIS-USA) and pirated CDs

40 Lakhs for UK is bullshit to begin with. I dont know if these people know really whats the selling capacity of any Tamil CD. None of the tamil CD get that much money. If it does, then there will be better songs. To my knowledge TamilCinema argument is baseless.

In my opinion, the biggest mistake IR did was to give away the 70 lakh worth jewel to temple. I hate it even if they pour 1 lr of Milk. Specially in areas like Thiruppur, even if they pour 1 lr of Water its an offence. This is just me and my opinion, but cant expect everyone to be like this. If at all IR could have done something, he could have given atleast 35 lakhs to tamil-maiyam to relieve the debts.

TISK
30th October 2005, 09:49 PM
""Tamil Maiyam has copyright and selling the CDs in India and USA thru TIS-USA.""-- quote by Mr.'njv'

The above statement is not true.

Wellgate holds the right in conjunction with IIR&TM in India and TiSUSA were given just 8000 CD's at a discounted price--not free- to sell initially.

IIR thru another source has seccured the copyright in USA!

YIA!!

rajasaranam
30th October 2005, 10:08 PM
TISK,

oops I just thought you were in trouble and eventually you are going to come out of it. But the above Post suggests IR left you to sink.... :(
How about the accounts. are you ready to provide it atleast now? You were reluctant before.
How may CD's are you left with of the 8000.
Is there any possibility of Suing IR and Wellgate.
If anything you could suggest as a help from Indians in India/Chennai here I would gladly do it.

Vijayr, Arjuna, Jacky et all Think best how you could help them to come out this crisis. If not for IR atleast for their efforts and TM in bringing out such an album.

MumbaiRamki
30th October 2005, 10:40 PM
This is indeed bad .I hope atleast that IIR is aware that tamizh maiyam and TIS-USA had more than XX lakhs of loan...

njv
30th October 2005, 11:11 PM
""Tamil Maiyam has copyright and selling the CDs in India and USA thru TIS-USA.""-- quote by Mr.'njv'

The above statement is not true.

Wellgate holds the right in conjunction with IIR&TM in India and TiSUSA were given just 8000 CD's at a discounted price--not free- to sell initially.

IIR thru another source has seccured the copyright in USA!

YIA!!

TISK

Two people are fooled here.

1. TIS-donators in USA, including TIS-USA

2. The "other" source who has copyright, because they cant sell even a shit of TIS anymore. I dont know how many CDs you sold, but I can bet that it will be difficult to sell anything in USA anymore. Pirated TIS is everywhere, thanks to the choosing unknown companies like Welgate.

Honestly if TIS=USA sold atleast 50% of the CDs, then I am very happy and proud because no tamil CD sell more than 500 pieces in USA.

If IR didnt had the issue with Saregama, I would have approached them for marketting TIS in USA atleast,but I am affraid that I cant.

With news coming out like this, I am sure IR is going to loose his fans soon. May be he doesnt care any more because he think he has "accomplished" everything in life, but the truth is he can still do more and create a lasting impression. Hope someone take these message to him.

I hope this TIS-issue doesnt bring aversion to IR in me.

30th October 2005, 11:41 PM
If all this is true, shame on Mottai!
He could have productively entered politics and made money instead of churning out mediocre albums for last few years!

:(

Scale
31st October 2005, 12:15 AM
I am terribly shocked to read all the above posts!: :shock: :( How much effort this team (especially TISK) has done here to promote this album. Everything futile now!.

athukku thaan solradhu rasigana irukkanum, veriyana irukka koodathunnu.

RS, Very kind of you!.

Jacky
31st October 2005, 12:52 AM
[tscii:3017de55d3]Hindu, AV and Kumudam all host banner ads, if any of you could strike a deal with them to advertise for TIS-USA on a partial or deferred payment – it can be of little help. At least it's a better option than requesting ppl to buy on forums as most of them would have got one by now.[/tscii:3017de55d3]

TISK
31st October 2005, 01:27 AM
Quote by Mr.'Scale'......." athukku thaan solradhu rasigana irukkanum, veriyana irukka koodathunnu......" end quote

I have never been a 'veRiyan' of IIR at any point.
I got into TiS mainly for Fr.Jegath's appeal, sincerity and for the love of Tamil and the motive behind this great project as spelt by Fr. Jegath to me.
In fact, I met and spoke with IIR only by Feb.2004.
I have a great respect for his musical genius and the way he has played a part in my life with his music in the 80's and 90's.
I truly believed that he is the man to do this well and I am proud to say that he hasn't dissappointed me on that score.

Regular readers of this forum and this thread know very well that I actually folded the shop by Nov'04 when the final mixing was over at Sony and in fact thanked everybody as a closing call as I genuinely believed that the marketing aspect has already been taken care of by TM and IIR.

When it was getting delayed for inexplicable reasons and beyond Fr's control over contract wranglings, there developed a situation that US fans who have played a MAJOR role in the making of TIS were to be denied the opportunity of getting their hands on the CD on the release date, we had no option but to get a minimum number of CD's to make them available here and also to make good of our loan committments.

This was made possible by Fr's heavy insistance and effort and that too at a cost and not for free.

I[for TiS-USA] had to pay upfront a fee to get the CD's to be available for the fans by May 30th.

So, I ended up getting involved in the distribution aspects also much against my wishes.

So, don't call me a 'v*****n' , .
And.. I have already explained all these earlier in my June or May postings.

Let's see how this drama unfolds!
YIA!!

njv
31st October 2005, 01:37 AM
I[for TiS-USA] had to pay upfront a fee to get the CD's to be available for the fans by May 30th.[/b]

I cant express my thanks and thanks of thousands of people who got the CD, but at the same time this is THE biggest mistake you have done, specially after knowing the fact that the "deal" isnt in favor or tamil maiyam. If you would have mentioned this to me before, I would have tried my level best to stoped you, because I know the CD market here very well.

I sent a PM. When u get chance, please respond.

vijayr
31st October 2005, 01:39 AM
TISK, the last thing you need to do now is waste time defending yourself against hubbers who dont know the whole situation and are just raking up muck taking this opportunity. Try to see how you can sell the rest of the CDs instead. Like I said, if it is possible you can use some contacts and sell it in TN itself, if that is feasible. If the idea sounds stupid, drop it. Beyond a point, the market in US might be saturated. I have written ina few classical forums about this, but not sure whether it had much impact.

31st October 2005, 02:40 AM
Less than 24 hours after TiS got released, I got an update email from some of the srilankan/canadian sites which said TiS was put up for download. I fired a mail to IRYG asking them to bombard the notorious sites with threats/complaints. However some of the wise owls of IRYG talked some philosophy and requested members to pussyfoot the issue and not waste time fighting piracy. I got banned from those sites as well for posting against those admins.

For few months, TiS yegapatta sites-la jagajodhiya available-a irunchu...even now it might be...

a sorry state of affairs overall...if only ppl knew the difference between idolatry and common sense

:(

baroque
31st October 2005, 03:01 AM
[tscii:d34597cd74]Festival time wishes to you all! Its been long I visited the forum, today when I read the report and the responses to it from all of you, felt very sad and shocked. Namba Raaja why ippadi pannittar? Iit is disturbing. I idolize Shri.Ilayaraaja. But if it is not for his fans this project is not possible. Tis-usa and Tamil maiyam should get back the money they invested with out loss. We are supporting you as much as we can.
Dr.shankar, thanks for a wonderful conversation. You are a very gracious man and hope TIS-usa will get the money back without a loss.
I urge Shri.Ilayaraaja to correct it and do the rt thing, so that the fans who passionately out of love for His music took loans to bring out this musical masterpiece, His dream project to come true will not lose. Otherwise it is damaging to Shri.Ilayaraaja’s image.
Come on Raaja, Please! We love you and your music so much.
Friends, lets not ponder over the issue, instead help TIS-USA to sell the cds.

Dr.Shankar and Tamil maiyam people, I am very proud of you!! Thanks a lot for the hard work and BIG Heart!! Love, vinatha.

[/tscii:d34597cd74]

Scale
31st October 2005, 11:23 AM
TISK! U r mistaken.

It was a general comment(advice) and I Sincerely didnt mean to hurt you in anyway :o :( . Yen, antha advice yennakkum porundhum.

Vijayr quote:
just raking up muck taking this opportunity
/unquote

:banghead: nallathukku kaalam illai. I have been a regular visitor of IR threads and even I wrote a review on TIS.

I will better sign off. Henceforth If I have to post anything in IR thread I will remove my avatar & sign's to avoid any misunderstandings.

Sanjeevi
31st October 2005, 04:50 PM
I wonder about the reality of this news. I think this news will be like gossip.

I don't like this would be a true. It may be a lie or Gossip or happened due to misunderstanding. Nothing to worry about Raja's conduct.

rajasaranam
31st October 2005, 04:50 PM
Scale,

Iam still a veriyan of IR's Music and idolize him as my GOD. But still 'Kadavulae irunthalum Thappu panna thatti ketkira parambariyam undu intha mannukku. Netrikan Thirapinum Kutram kutramae'nu sonna marabu nambaluthu'
Anaikku Shivan Thappu pannar Innaiku avar bakthar Thappu pannittu irukaar :(
There should be someway these questions reach IR and make him realize what kind of blunder he is doing.

Well lets get down to facts

The project was conceived by Raja and eventually got hold of a Production house called 'Tamil Mayyam' lead by Father Jegath.

The agreement was such that TM will mobilize funds for the production of the album and Raja will be involved only in scoring the music. In the beginning it was stated that it will be produced in 4 languages viz., Tamil, Hindi, English and german and the proceeds will 'go into setting up a music college in Srilanka and Tamilnadu respectively. By and By they dropped the plan of producing in 4 languages and went for producing it only in tamil. They also dropped the plan of setting up a music college. I dont know what transpired in between and they came up saying that The profit will be shared 50-50 between IR and TM.
But any common businessman will know this part on TM was a blunder. Considering the production cost of Rs. 1.4 crores [ as claimed by TM] it means that IR too has incvested the same amount of money through writing scores. roughly stating - if he is worth of 50% of profit he should have invested 50% of money. This clearly shows how IR was cunning from the beggining and how TM was fooled in the whole transaction.
While Fr. was running around getting donations and pre-publication orders IR was happily involved in writing scores [ St. manickavasagar days :lol: ] and recording it . TISK and other US members [ some of them backed off i know] gave in their soul and money to realise this dream. I dont know whether TISK gave them the money as Donation or Pre-publication orders :?: But the money was raised and the product was realised for market.
Suddenly IR came out saying in Jan-05 that all the profits will be going into Tsunami victims rehabilitation work. This was not done. He wont do it.
The Negotiations were on and IR struck a deal with 'Wellgate' groups without Fr.'s consent. Now TM is left nowhere. Knowing Father's connection with Eelam Groups and Srilankan Diaspora We hoped that He will be able to wriggle himself out from this crisis. Now IR/Wellgate trangressing into Those territories too doesn't even give a gleam of hope for TM to recover.
I cant understand till now what is there in the Agreement between TM and IR. how can IR violate those clauses of 50-50 and go scotfree.

How much money was Manickavasagar worth in this whole poject? Ithu Tamil Makkal soththu. Nobody can take it and make profits for their own selfish motives.

I was holding a belief that this is an unique venture where public are involved and eventually its being done for a good cause - making reach our Tamil Literature to the world and some proceeds going to TM, a non-profit people's organisation. But the happenings suggest people not to believe in any future ventures like this :( I will be happy the day i see IR getting Royally screwed by TM in court. I would strongly suggest TISK into persuading TM for suing IR/Wellgate and get back what they really deserve.

j.chenkalvarayan
31st October 2005, 05:12 PM
sad state of affairs. :( . i hope tamil mayyam gets out of this mess somehow.

vijayr
31st October 2005, 08:39 PM
"I don't like this would be a true. It may be a lie or Gossip or happened due to misunderstanding. Nothing to worry about Raja's conduct."

Sanjeevi, ungaLa maari aaLunga irukkarava varaikkum iLayarajavukku kavalaiye illa :-)

app_engine
31st October 2005, 09:58 PM
Cat.1 Typically, talented artists do not have good business acumen...end up lacking money in lives most of the time.(udhAraNam BharathiyAr)

Cat.2 Sometimes, the artist (whether extremely talented or somewhat talented) also has shrewd business sense and can make good fortune, which is applicable to most successful FILM personalities. (idhilum oru group, paNNiya kAsai piLLaigaL, family members moolam tholaiththu vittu pinnar kashtappaduvArgaL, like MSV)

-For a businessman (or organizers of charitable org like TM / TIS-USA) to deal with cat.1 people is quite easy...the artist'll sign in anything for the sake of art - not thinking about revenue etc, only focussing on the artistic outcome. It's up to the businessman to deliver monetary benefits to the artist / royalty etc. Often greed will be in the way and artist could suffer, or just receive an one-time pittance while the businessman will keep making money for lifetime. Some good businessmen will share the earnings continuously, even when not stipulated by agreement etc...(remember reading about the double remuneration to Kothamanglam Subbu for thillAnA mOganAmbAL)

-When the businessman deals with cat.2 people, it may not be all that easy & straight for them. They may have to deal with a lot of legal stuff - contracts / agreements etc. to make sure their interest is protected. This is especially true when the artist is also having his own business capabilities, establishments etc. (e.g. their own distribution channels)

-An org like TM/TIS-USA combo, I assume, were in admiration / awe of the famous IR (obviously a cat.2 personality), and probably were not in a very strong position to negotiate with him terms and conditions (like clear-cut legal papers etc.). However, I may not be correct on this count, as it's difficult to believe that an org that could raise 1 Cr plus for making a product (TM in this case), does not have a legal advisor / manager to handle such contracts...that too with a person who travels extensively abroad and deals with variety of people in charge of the operations.

Now since so much is written about TiS....that though popular, does not help the producers etc...there are two possibilities:

a) The producers probably had limited business acumen to handle such agreement and allowed IR to have a lot more rights than he should have. Definitely, their plight is pitiable. However, while Raja can be blamed for "cut-throat, dog-eat-dog" business style, he can't be legally blamed. It's the inexperience and naive nature of TM managers to blame. They have no other option than to request now, for making up their loans and liabilities. Obviously, IR should be a person to whom they should take it up for some financial assistance, that is to the extent he got his remuneration for this album (failing which, go to the public, only for funding and not for throwing dung at IR).

b) OTOH, if they DO have a decent agreement and IR is violating, it's easy to sue him and get their due. In this case, obviously the public will automatically throw dung at IR.

As I don't think TM has come out in open as to the option (b), it's not time yet to throw blame on IR, simply based on yellow journalism. (IR's spending / extravaganza etc. are entirely his personal affair and has nothing to do with TM or even TiS...As long as he's not spending his `profits' from TiS but his other earnings, who are TM / it's supporters to talk about that...I think that's crossing the limits..who of us know how much he exactly made through TiS? After all, he would not have even made as much as he makes for movies, for the time spent on this effort...)

app_engine
31st October 2005, 10:17 PM
-Look at this from another point of view...that IR is one of the technicians of this album. If TM is in commercial difficulty, are they going to blame Sony studio, the lyric writer, the Hungary orchestra or the conductor for making a lot of money while they languish?

-Agreed, IR made most of the fame thru this album than the other technicians, but was it not due to his performance? And where this effort would have been but for his musical abilities? (If XYZ had tried this, how much publicity would this effort have got? Who would have even bothered? Definitely "good-will" has an equity...)

I'm not trying to defend IR here...if he has indulged in any arm-twisting, it's shame on him. And if he has indulged in more than that (like violating an agreement), more shame on him!

However, if he hasn't made much monetarily on this effort and still being blamed for the producer's money problems, it's not fair...(Publicity for the album came from IR and he got publicity thru the album, it's mutual...and one cannot say IR is in the position he is in today ONLY because of TbI...muzhuppoosaNikkAya sOththula maRaikkakkoodAdhu)

app_engine
31st October 2005, 10:41 PM
And statements like `IR is in this position ONLY because of fans' or `partners' etc is partly absurd, i.e. the ONLY word is stupid.

Most of his once-upon-a-time fans / partners have dumped him for others already. It's a fact that many other names sell more than him in the market today. In movie field (and often in business field too), there's no loyalty. That he is still able to get assignments is a testimony to his musical skills (and may be PRO skills)...

Scale
31st October 2005, 11:01 PM
RS!

Check yr pm (just to avoid digression).

If U feel it needs attention, pls bring it to the forum.

app_engine
31st October 2005, 11:26 PM
And about TiS-USA getting just some CD's in discount and not their loan amount back....

1. I think the whole idea in the beginning was only to get "donations" from NRI's. I think TM brought IR himself to US to solicit donations for the project, getting help from a few good-hearted persons like TISK...

Once donated, the donors can definitely question how it is used. In this case, I think it was to produce a classic album, which was the original purpose and got satisfied with the release of the album. If there were more purposes specified during the soliciting, then the donors can definitely question as to why the proceeds are not utilized for that etc. However, to whom can they direct their question? Is it to IR only? It's got to be jointly to IR & TM together...

2. I'm sorry to say this, but while it was definitly a laudable effort, it was also kind-of-over-enthu on TIS-USA's part to organize a big "loan". Now, when the term 'loan' comes into picture, it should have been through proper paperwork as to how it will be repaid etc.

Since these are very simple, honest gentlemen (who are themselves trustworthy and trust that everyone else is like them), they probably looked at the objective rather than the path...which has led them to some financial difficulty.

However, I'm sure this is temporary and they'll get this past, as they have good hearts and are innocent. Don't worry guys, as generous as you are, you'll also be shown the same....though not quickly, but in the long run.

Vysar
1st November 2005, 12:06 AM
ching chuck ching chuck!!!!! When cat closes its eyes it thinks that the whole world is blind.

kiru
1st November 2005, 12:56 AM
This is really sad to hear. So many IR fans are disappointed and angry, including me. I thought 50% of the profit to IR, actually meant to the foundation which IR has created. I am sure it is not fair this foundation to accept the proceeds of this album, when TIS-USA and Tamil Mayyam are in doubt.
Is there a way we can write to IR about this ? It is definitely going to affect his image and consequently the sales of his album. I hope IR realizes that he is not dealing with a few individuals (like in a film production situation) but a whole fan base. IR absolutely needs to come out with a statement on this soon.

rajasaranam
1st November 2005, 01:33 AM
Kiru,

I sincerely wish that should happen. But IR wont come out As he thinks he is right always. And now the responsibility lies in the hands of TISK/TM to expose IR if he had been wrong.
I asked TISK the accounts already and he has not provided them yet?
In an earlier post I asked him some questions. may be he had not noticed them
I am posing it again
On what basis did TISK give money for this venture.
1.Was it as a donation towards TM? Then it goes in drain you cannot claim it.
2.Was it as a Pre-Publication order? Then you have got your CD's YOu cannot claim anymore money.
3.Was it a Loan towards TM? then TM is responsible for giving it back to you.

TISK
1st November 2005, 01:45 AM

Patience is the key.

YIA!

njv
1st November 2005, 01:54 AM
conversations happened here in the last 2 days is not at all healty. Few ppl (kuttramulla nenju kukurukkum) in the name of attempting to give you some warm words are bashing IR,as if nothing else to do.

Unless someone gives a concrete word against IR, there is no point about "guessing" what might have happened. So lets stop here. If at all we can do something, lets help TIS-USA to sell more CDs.

As I already pointed out, if TIS copyright was given to other parties, then

1. They can not do any sale. so they are fooled.

2. They can not sue TIS=USA or TIS-India. US copyright act doesnt prevent parallel imports legally. So no issue there as well.

3. They are not fool enough to accept to get a "second hand" offer.

Today I talk to few ppl who are related to TIS and from what I heard the story is different. There is no point in posting them here, since it will only raise more question than answer. Like TISK mentioned "Patience is the key"

kiru
1st November 2005, 04:56 AM
njv,
This is the first time I have posted on this subject. But so many things written here and elsewhere have been bothering me. I have talked to Father Jegath once in 2003. He seemed like a very nice person..similarly Dr Shankar sounds altruistic as well. Both these people are very representative of a good number of fans of IR who wanted this album to see the light of the day. I would be really really saddened to see these people in trouble. I collect IR's music zealously, write passionately about it in my own small way and convey this pleasure to others whenever I can. It would be very difficult for me to enjoy this music, when author of this music's integrity is in question. I am still not jumping to conclusions. I am of the opinion IR always does things to his conscience. I just want to be affirmed about this. That is all.
Please rajasaranam is a much more ardent fan of IR, than even me. If he is upset, then you know how others will feel. TIS-USA, in my opinion deserves the US copyright (I assumed so actually) if they want to pursue legal action in this regard, I am sending $100 or $200 right away !!!!!! (just to make clear how important a ardent IR fan feels about this) .
I have also posted in IR Yahoo Group as well. A statement from IR is desperately needed.

baroque
1st November 2005, 05:32 AM
Kiru, Everything will be OK!! Shri.Ilayaraaja will clear the issues, Dr.shankar and Tamil maiyam will recover the money they invested.
Please friends, don't get upset or lose faith.
Do you know what we need now, Raaja pattu, now i am listening to this song, What an enchanting, breezy, romantic song!! ONLY our Raaja, namba IR can compose!!

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/613.html

Come on, enjoy!! In few days things will develop positively!! love, vinatha.(yaarum yenmela irritate aagadheengappa!,enjoy the song!)

For me, its always Ilayaraaja!!

njv
1st November 2005, 06:12 AM
njv,
This is the first time I have posted on this subject.

Please rajasaranam is a much more ardent fan of IR, than even me.

Kiru and Rajasaranam,

My prev post has nothing to do with you guys. In this topic, even I post something which doesnt make sense. I am taking about guys who take this "opportunity" to say something against.

Yes, TISK is a very nice person. I dont know much abt Father, but the mere fact that he put to gether this mega project on his personal debt itself shows that he must be another great person. No question abt that. All I am trying to say is that lets not "rush" into conclusions.

I doubt if someone will bring this to IR/Fr attention so that all can be clarified, but I just hope that more than resolving this issue, if Fr clear his debts, I am more than happy.

TISK

I will try my level best to take as much as I can from you.

Thanks
NJV

rpattabi
1st November 2005, 04:58 PM
Thank you baroque for a good digression about this ongoing discussion.

I do not understand the situation very much clear. But its really disturbing me for about a day. They showed the much awaited Ilayaraja's concert on Jaya TV, I couldn't enjoy it fully, because I was judging Raaja rather than the music that flowed. [esp, SPB's prelude to "Mandram Vandha Thendralukku" which would mesmorise me all the time!]

Please don't go ahead with this discussion without some concrete details on hand to present. It's very speculative, and its not right to blame it one somebody, least Raaja, for everything.

Thanks again Baroque.

Anbudan,
Ragu

tvsankar
1st November 2005, 07:34 PM
Dear all,
Sanjivi correcta sonnar.IR kaga sollavillai.Endha vishyathiayum theirnjdhu kondu, nam opinion solvadhu enbadhu oru nalla gunam i feel.Nam dhan padithu irukirom.

1.Kannal kanbadhum poi!!!!!
2.Kadhal ketpadhum poi!!!!
3.Theera visaripadhae mei!!!

Nam ethanaiyo peruku roll modelaga irukirom.Adhanal oru vishayam patri opinion sollum podhu konjam wait panni therindhu kondu sollalam.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

buggle
1st November 2005, 08:40 PM
You guys really believe what tamilcinema.com say????

The same site mentioned some time back that actress sneha was forced to sleep with the saravana stores owner son since she acted in their commercial..how is that possible?..

tamilcinema.com is full of shit nothing else........

baroque
1st November 2005, 10:15 PM
Ragu, thanks! Well we all love Shri.ilayaraaja, We don't want his name tarnished due to this news. Same time when the news came out unfortunately our Dr.shankar's reply(he had no choice but to reply!), followed by aonother post is bothering us, the Raaja fans who takes pride in TIS project rt from the start, are thanksful to Dr.shankar and Tamil maiyam for their efforts, want to see them get back the money they invested. that's why in the yahoo group as well as here i am urging Shri.Ilayaraaja to clear this issue quickly, we need to hear from HIM. It is important.
Please start reading from this post,
http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1038&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1185
Dr.shankar's statement,He did more than this!
That's why this constant appeal and requests to buy this CD from www.tis-usa.com to cover the committments to US loan obligations. Still, people are cursing us for our plea for help! ' is bothering us.
followed by Raqjasaranam's post onPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:09 pm 'Fr.Jegath seemed very much pained about the happenings when i saw him at the last IR Yahoo Group meeting held at chennai.' is painful for us.

Everything will end well! Good Day! Shri.Ilayaraaja will clear this issue soon. I am positive. love, vinu.

rajdes
2nd November 2005, 11:54 AM
app_engine, very balanced mature post. People, IR may or may not have been in the wrong. At the moment, we are in speculation realm. I think it is better to wait until the truth emerges to start throwing dung. I suppose RS, vijayr et al have closer personal contacts with TISK so they may know more than what we general public here in this forum know - hence their open disowning of IR.(this is a guess) but until they post it here publicly in this forum or until it is proved that IR was in the wrong, I am not going to bash IR. Ofcourse, silence speaks a lot and TISK's refusal to exonerate IR gives a lot of hints(and much as I wish otherwise, it does look like IR could have been ethically, if not legally, wrong) but until he speaks out I am not going to throw muck.

rajdes
2nd November 2005, 12:09 PM
Having said that, I look at it like this:
1. Thiruvasagam, presumably, was IR's dream of composing a WC score that would last for centuries.
2. Tamil Maiyyam was a tool to achieving this dream.
3. ..and they worked their a** off to making this dream come true. Not to mention TISK and his associates, who bore taunts, barbs and stones in bringing this project to light.
4. Having achieved his dream, all indications are that IR didnt suffer financially because of this project(unlike Symphony #1 where indications are that he sufferred financially).
5. The Vel, kreedam etc are matters which I would not comment on - for all one knows, it might have been bought from YSR's sambadhyam.
6. Considering 4, I think , if he could afford it, he can make an attempt to alleviate the pains of people like TISK.This may not happen if YSR is the chief bread-winner of the family - including for KR.
7. My last take on this is that IR might not consciously believe that he is in the wrong. The man clearly has stood by his principles always - and if he is in the wrong (legally or ethically from our point of view), I am afraid it might be because he doesnt see it the way we do and I think he might be convinced that he is right. Which is more the pity.

IR, we all know, is a flawed genius. Well, composers like Mozart died in penury - that being the compensation they paid for their extra-ordinary talent. Maybe, moral penury is IR's curse to compensate for his genius.(all this if the accusations are true - if not, I will be ashamed that I could even harbour such thoughts)

2nd November 2005, 12:21 PM
Although being on the same 'wait-and-watch' mode as some here, I just cant help reflecting why working with the Maestro is always akin to sitting on a powder keg. To hazard a guess, the speculations will be rife and it is unlikely they will ever be resolved, what with IR being IR, he is sure to let sleeping(and barking) dogs lie.

A more tumultous Diwali there never has been.

Dear TISK, our best wishes are with you.

MADDY
2nd November 2005, 12:31 PM
Watever it is, a fan should not suffer bcos of a artiste's interests, be it Ilayaraja or Rahman......If ppl. have invested their money for their idols then they shuld get it back and artistes shuld ensure that.....if they are not caring abt their fans then they deserve to be exposed and bashed in the public.......

i sincerely hope TISK gets all his money back, as i have felt his pain thru this forum......TISK, god will show u a good way..... :D

rajdes
2nd November 2005, 01:13 PM
maddy, we havent heard the other side of the story yet. Heck, we havent even heard this side of the story yet - only hints - and that doth not a fact make. The bottomline is except wishing TISK that he comes out of trouble, there is no definite reasonable fair statement that we can make yet.

In yesterdays TV program(telecast of his October live programme) IR said "he is touched by the fact that there are thousands out there who are willing to give anything for him". It seemed genuine - either that he is a bloody good actor. Which doesnt make sense to me - if he was that good at hiding his real feelings, he wouldn't have had so many "diplomatic" problems in his life.

Again, very early in this effort, I believe there were so-called mischief-makers who did raise this very point - TISK, do you remember people asking you "what if IR himself walks away leaving you people in the lurch after releasing the album?what if IR is not worried about your loans and doesnt care for helping you repay your loans?".
Well, there, I am not happy that it came down to this - but I guess there is a lesson for me and anyone - listen to everyone and pay heed to everyone and try to CYA! And I dont mean this in a derogatory sense - I really feel for you
Oh!Shucks! It seems like this accusation has kind of troubled me a lot that I am just speculating, speculating and speculating - so much for preaching and professing objectivity :-)

rajasaranam
2nd November 2005, 08:45 PM
it does look like IR could have been ethically, if not legally, wrong

May be true.
The agreement is clear- TM produces the album, IR composes and the profit is shared 50-50. IR need not care about how TM raises money. They can borrow, raise donations or even steal :shock: . And now he need not care about how they repay their loans. None of the donars/Loaners gave money to IR directly. They gave it to TM only. So IR is clean legally and even if TM sued IR, he may win it in court. The only areas he can be contested legally are those that he has acquired copyrights of US and UK territories without TM's knowledge. I dont understand what clause in the agreement permits this and why TM is silent. :?
Just like movie producers borrows money and makes it, TM produced this album. If the movie fails or loses none of the technicians including actors/ directors worry about it - they get their money anyway.- As pointed out by app_engine-True indeed.
Only the ethical and some logical questions remains to be answered. IR has invested his talents and reaping profits now. TM has to first breakeven i.e., they have to get back the amount invested and repay their loans. Only after this they will be able to gain some profits which could be invested in further projects like this.How will they break even when the copyrights are violated or false accounts are given to them :?
TM should not have allowed IR to make decisions on the marketing. As producers they had every right to defend their interests and decided upon marketing aspect. But it was IR who finalised the deal with Wellgate. Now Tm is running at a loss because WG are giving false accounts. http://in.news.yahoo.com/050926/54/60bgt.html
They are saying that they sold only 45,000 CD's and 25,000 cassettes :( While the main dealer from chennai claims to have got 30,000 CD's on the first day of release itself and sold out. Again on the third day they ordered for 25,000 CD's more and sold them out too. The CD cover printing press claims to have printed around 2,00,000 CD covers on order from WG. These informations are not hearsay but from authentic sources. So if it is WG playing foul with TM- why then IR still having a good rapport with them. After Fr. Announced about this loss and WG's claim publicly, IR goes for the CD release function of TTLS produced by WG :!: Morally shouldnt Raja have asked WG to settle accounts with TM. Is there a private agreement between WG and IR :?:
I dont care whether IR gives money to kollur kovil or tsunami victims [ oh really i do care :) ].
But Fr. and TISK were his fans. When non of the corporates were ready to finance IR to realise his dream of scoring music for Thiruvasagam, they came in saying ' you need not worry we will make your dream come true'. They agreed to all that IR asked for [ be it 50% profit share or signing with WG] not because they wanted to make business, reap profits and become rich but as an ardent fan of IR. Now letting them sink and happily going around is not right for anyone ethically.
Even Rajni was better in this aspect when he gave back the money invested by distributors when 'BABA' bombed. Rajni need not have done that legally but it was basic humanity - not to allow anyone suffer who had faith in you.

'What kind of spirituality is Raja practising after he has sold out his spirit'

For the other people who are taking this seriously deep down into you. Please try to distinguish between things logically. Though iam vehemently critising IR here and in my friends circle about this. I enjoyed every single moment of the Jaya TV"s programme. It was the same goosepimples, same awe, same admiration for the man who has made my life possible with his music.
I saw AOKK yesterday and blowed my lungs out whistling when his name appeared on the screen. The movie is another treat from IR with astounding BGM right from the first frame. Surprisingly a new 'amma' song [ for which he is the only authority] is there in the movie. tears were rolling down listening to the song. the whole movie is as good as moondram pirai and you people need to see it ASAP. BM-IR combination have done it again :thumbsup:

alwarpet_andavan
2nd November 2005, 09:37 PM
[quote=rajdes]
I saw AOKK yesterday and blowed my lungs out whistling when his name appeared on the screen. The movie is another treat from IR with astounding BGM right from the first frame. Surprisingly a new 'amma' song [ for which he is the only authority] is there in the movie. tears were rolling down listening to the song. the whole movie is as good as moondram pirai and you people need to see it ASAP. BM-IR combination have done it again :thumbsup:
<Digression>
Glad to know that the movie is good and that as expected, the music's great. Balu M needs a hit.
</Digression>

njv
2nd November 2005, 09:46 PM
Rajasaranam

Welgate is also playing a game here. In coimbatore just one store alone they sold more than 5000 CDs in the first day. IMHO, the biggest mistake IR did in whole TIS is to get involved in the "business". Like you said, IR may give a damn about how TM collected the fund, but at the same time, he should not have involved in the "business aspect" to begin with. Welgate is a big cheater and I am surprised IR decided to go with them, may be because of his new found love in MFM world. No body can undo this, and I have warned TISK, IR Yahoo Group and sent seperate mails to TM that the CD not released by sony/saregama/tips/t-series will go un-noticed and that indeed did happen. None of the retailer has the CD in USA. But I guess when IR himself wanted to get into the details, they couldnt do anything but ride along with him.

<digression>
I did saw the ONOK song though in SunTV yesterday. Also Selvaragavan mentioned that he normally dont cry, but when watching AOKK he cried and he said he couldnt help it cuz the movie is so intense and good. My friend who saw the movie also mentioned that it is a very good film and will do good business in Chennai and other metros, but the mere fact that your are comparing this to Moondram Pirai makes me quit my job and go to india to watch this movie. Thanks for the +ve feed-back.
</digression>

njv
2nd November 2005, 10:02 PM
In Bambara Kannalae, Srikanth Deva used the prelude of "Kothumbee" song - the bee sound. This is the plot where he ask lord ganesh to help him point out something (no clue cuz it just came as a bit in SunTV) and immediately he sees a peacock's feather and suddenly a heavy wind blows the feather and take it to a place (probably where the heroine is there?). During the time the feather flies, he used the prelude.

rooky
2nd November 2005, 10:15 PM
[tscii:3c7f874268]24.10.2005 - Thiruvasagam Audio Sales - A Record

Ilaiyaraaja's Thiruvasagam - A Symphonic Oratorio has made history in sales, in Tamil Nadu. The audio distributors Well Gate say they have sold 35000 CDs and 25000 cassettes of the album. According to Landmark, a leading chain bookstore in Chennai, the Thiruvasagam audio sale has been "stunning". They have sold 10700 CDs and 2800 cassettes. As many as 3000 CDs were bought on the first day of release of audio (30th June 05). Odyssey, another major chain store in Chennai recorded good sales of 4000 CDs and 2500 cassettes of the audio. News © Deccan Chronicle, 24 Oct 2005
[/tscii:3c7f874268]

app_engine
2nd November 2005, 11:21 PM
rajasaranam, when Tis-USA is kind-of-struggling to sell 8K in U.S. among relatively affluent Tamils who can easily afford the price, it's quite probable that it sold only around 50K in TN where majority still do not have a CD player (even if they have some TV)...

No record company would like to tell smaller numbers if they are selling big quantity actually...(unless ofcourse they are outright frauds and want to run away after making one-time money, cheating everybody - producer, tax authorities, artist etc)...Wellgate being some beginner-kind-of-company which I think is trying to establish (they are still into filmy ventures, does not look like runaway frauds)... if anything, they would -logically - inflate the numbers than actually sold...for sheer publicity...

engEyO udhaikkudhE...

OTOH, it's easily possible that the CD/cassette could have sold 50K just in Chennai alone, assuming that around 1 in 100 of Chennai's population got the CD...which is a possibility too...When 25000 can attend the Nehru stadium concert -paying much higher price for just an evening - it's quite possible that the historic effort with big publicity attracted good sales...in spite of poor distribution initially...

Who'll know how many numbers are ACTUALLY sold? This is some question for ANY album (not just TiS)....which agency can give a reliable count of sales numbers for any album...

app_engine
3rd November 2005, 12:29 AM
rajasaranam...
"The agreement is clear- TM produces the album, IR composes and the profit is shared 50-50."

This raises some more (naive) questions:

a) Does the production cost include `remuneration' to IR (& his own technicians, like Bhava / Chennai singers etc.)? If so, how much? Or does IR get only the 50% of profit with which he has to cover some of the local costs?

b) In either case, there may be some equation as to how the profit will be calculated...what is the equation? Is it something as simple as 'X' rupees per every CD sold? Or, the first 'N' number of CD's sold will just cover the marketing / logistics and such expenses. Only from N+1, wellgate will start making money (i.e. selling cost minus raw materials / overheads) and from then onwards, each CD will fetch 'X' rupees...or even from there, first 1000(i.e > N) will fetch 'X', second 1000 will fetch 'Y' etc...

c) Again, whatever the equation may be, there'll be some kind of monitoring mechanism as to the numbers (both by TM & IR who have DIRECT monetary interests other than wellgate). What is it? I don't believe TM will simply `ASK' wellgate for numbers and accept it...there may be some kind of audit...

"andha mAdhiriyellAm oNNumE illaingO...IR'ai nambi (alladhu bayandhu) nAngaL onnumE Arambaththil pEsalai...ippO thAn theriyudhu EndA ippadi kELvi kEkkAmal irundhOmnu TM sonnAl"...thso..thso...ayyO pAvam...

app_engine
3rd November 2005, 12:32 AM
"Profit is shared 50-50 between TM & IR"...Does it mean that Wellgate gets a fixed "production+overhead+margin" amount and no variable profit? I don't think that's a practical business model any audio company might sign up for...

app_engine
3rd November 2005, 12:40 AM
"IR has invested his talents and reaping profits now."....

This will be true only if he was compensated (remuneration paid) in the first instance and then he started getting the royalty upon audio sales...

Otherwise, it may be just the remuneration that is coming (or trickling) now...adhukkuLLa eppadeenga baba style'la pay paNNa mudiyum...sattiyil illAmal? (don't drag IR's extravagant lifestyle / family etc. In this case, the satti is his compensation for TiS only... It would be unreasonable to expect him to pay from his COA paycheck to TM)

rpattabi
3rd November 2005, 12:56 AM
app_engine,

kandippa yengayo udhaikkudhu.

Sometime before there was a news item in chennaionline, titled "Thiruvasagam is a huge success considering , but big loss when it came to money. I could not just get that article now on chennaionline. I hope some of u saw that, because it was a shocking news for me at that time. Fr.Jeg pointed out the total sale came to 40lakhs. But with the number of CDs and cassettes sold and the possible expenditure, with lot of tolerance, I could just calculate simply 70+ lakhs.

I was so surprised, as it was straight forward to see that Thiruvasagam is success per monitory view also. And I immediately commented this back to the article which never appeared to my dismay. [please inform if any of you come across that article again.

Things will be always speculative unless the responsible parties like Fr.Jeg, Raaja if necessary, Welgate, etc come up with 'proper' formal information.