PDA

View Full Version : Bommalattam - Himesh Reshammiya - Director Bharathiraja

arr_for_ever
2nd May 2007, 12:28 PM
Bharathiraja after a long time is directing a film. The film will be released simoultaneously in 3 languages including Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.

In Hindi the film has been titled Cinema, in Tamil as Bommalattam, and in Telugu as Kaalidoss.

Bharathiraja's son Manoj, who entered the Tamil film industry with a dream to become a director like his father later acted in couple of movies.

But as that did not suit him, he has returned to direction now. Manoj is Bharathiraja's assitant director for this film.

He has also sung a song in this film. Buzz is that A R Rehman's music in this film has come out extraordinarily. :clap:

Nana Patekar in the hero. Action King Arjun is appearing in an important role.

source : tamilfilmratings.com

dinesh2002
2nd May 2007, 02:09 PM
taut it has music by Himesh ???? :?

Yathu
2nd May 2007, 03:14 PM
:musicsmile: YAY! Another new Tamil Rahman album to look forward to! :musicsmile:

Hulkster
2nd May 2007, 03:40 PM
No its himesh reshammiya :roll:

Yathu
2nd May 2007, 05:23 PM
AWWWWW I got excited for no reason. :( Why are they using Himesh? :x Barathiraja & Manoj are nutters! :lol:

A multi-lingual film should only use the Mozart of Madras. He's famous in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu! Himesh is ony famous in Hindi right?!

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 05:30 PM
It is Himesh - 100 % sure

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/sep-06-02/15-09-06-bharathiraja.html

http://himesh-reshammiya.com/blog/2006/09/15/thank-you-himeshji/

ajaybaskar
2nd May 2007, 07:49 PM
Thank god!! Except Kizhakku cheemayilae and karuthamma, the BR-ARR has miserably failed. Ippothan enga annan Sivaji moolama viswaroopam eduthirukkar. Saachupudatheenga...

dinesh2002
2nd May 2007, 08:05 PM
Thank god!! Except Kizhakku cheemayilae and karuthamma, the BR-ARR has miserably failed. Ippothan enga annan Sivaji moolama viswaroopam eduthirukkar. Saachupudatheenga...

wut was so bad bout Anthimanthirai, Taj Mahal & KKS... all of them had top class music... :? :shock:

MADDY
3rd May 2007, 10:46 AM
infact BR-ARR is on par with MR-ARR IMO :D

A.ANAND
3rd May 2007, 10:57 AM
Thank god!! Except Kizhakku cheemayilae and karuthamma, the BR-ARR has miserably failed. Ippothan enga annan Sivaji moolama viswaroopam eduthirukkar. Saachupudatheenga...avarai yaaralum avvalo seekiram saikka mudiyathu sir!!!avara saintha than undu!! :) athu 'aala maram'

selvakumar
3rd May 2007, 12:18 PM
So, HIMESH is entering TFM with 10A & this film :clap:

rsubras
10th May 2007, 12:36 AM
Ajay, ARR-BR combo just got better with every film........ It is the only combo that tried out different things in every film they worked

If you are referring to the film's box office fate then it is a different story

karthik_sa2
12th May 2007, 01:05 AM
y everybody prefers himesh now alternative to arr????i dodnno y our people that too BR going for hindi MD'S .they only know to compose jingles

inetk
28th July 2007, 05:43 PM
Expectedly uninspiring.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/07/28/bommalattam-tamil-himesh-reshammiya/

thilak4life
28th July 2007, 05:56 PM
Expectedly uninspiring.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/07/28/bommalattam-tamil-himesh-reshammiya/

:(

:shaking: for dasa!

But still confident that Aandavar would save the day.

arsaregama
29th July 2007, 10:51 AM
wht the hell.. all the techno loops in ejay used up...and i came across the theme song of the wwe wrestler rey mysterio track in the middle....god save dasavatharam...

thilak4life
29th July 2007, 10:54 AM
god save dasavatharam...

:exactly: And our God wouldn't let us down! :notworthy:

Ramakrishna
29th July 2007, 12:49 PM
god save dasavatharam...

:exactly: And our God wouldn't let us down! :notworthy:

i just hope the songs do not spoil the screenplay. But Kamal movies always had good songs. So let us wait.

rsubras
29th July 2007, 01:42 PM
Probably this is a bi-lingual movie and Himesh has kept the north indian audiences in mind ??? :smiley:

anyway BharathiRaja was one kind of director who has extracted very good music out of any Music Director........

dinesh2002
29th July 2007, 03:02 PM
Probably this is a bi-lingual movie and Himesh has kept the north indian audiences in mind ??? :smiley:

anyway BharathiRaja was one kind of director who has extracted very good music out of any Music Director........

:lol: :lol: he has failed for both sides :P

and 1st failure for Bharithiraja in that? :shock:

inetk
29th July 2007, 04:30 PM
In my opinion, historically, Bharathiraja's got the best only out of Ilayaraja. Despite being a fan of Rahman's music for Bharathiraja, the director's innate nativity came out best with Raja. Its almost as if they were destined for each other.

Bharathiraja went to a lot of other composers in between - Rahman (Kizhakku Cheemayile, Karuthamma, Kangalal kaidhu sei, Dhaajmagaal and the likes:-), Deva (Thamizhchelvan, Kadal pookkal etc), Hamsalekha (Captain Magal, Kodi parakkudhu).

But, again, in my personal opinion, the only composer who came close to realizing Bharathiraja's penchant for Raaja-like scores was the entirely unknown, Ravi Devendran, who scored for Vedham Pudhidhu. I know of many people who listen to Kannukkul nooru nilava or Putham pudhu olai and refuse to believe its not by Raja!

With Himesh, Bharathiraja reaches the bottom most pit of his search - all over a bruised ego. I'm sure he'll finally realize this now and the only way is up, after this. And that'd be the inevitable.

dinesh2002
29th July 2007, 07:13 PM
inetk, the Rahman-Bharithiraja combo gave a diff taste from the normal BR-IR... take thier village base movie songs- Karuthamma,Kizhakku Cheemayile, Taj Mahal... all were a composition which def a diff set of village songs from wut IR gave BR... i think BR got the very best from IR & ARR, i still rate KKS one of ARR's best album from ARR post 2000..... eventhough the songs wasnt a commercial hit.... wut u think?!!

and yes,Vedham Pudhithe was an excellent album , which sounded very very IRish.... wut eva happened to that guy??

thilak4life
29th July 2007, 07:28 PM
i still rate KKS one of ARR's best album from ARR post 2000..... eventhough the songs wasnt a commercial hit.... wut u think?!!

I agree. BR goofed it up in the film, courtesy a weak effort!

inetk
29th July 2007, 09:07 PM
dinesh2002: I completely agree. Whatever Rahman gave Bharathiraja across those 4 albums...they're fantastic stuff.

Its just that the body of work in the Raja-Bharathiraja combo is so damn incredible that this output slightly pales in comparison. BR-IR combo is a pathbreaker in Tamil cinema.

From another angle, it could be time I've spent with the BR-IR music more than BR-ARR combo. Even non-village subjects of BR (like Tik tik tik, Sigappu Rojaakkal or Nizhalgal) have got some of Raja's best compositions!

On an unrelated note, I'd push the blame for the uninspiring music of Bommalattam on BR, more than HR, since HR has been quite successful with his music in Hindi - regardless of the number of hate-Himesh groups in Orkut :-) Who knows, may be the movie can herald BR back into limelight, away from his recent mediocre streak...!

rsubras
30th July 2007, 11:58 AM
>>dinesh2002: I completely agree. Whatever Rahman gave Bharathiraja across those 4 albums...they're fantastic stuff.

Its just that the body of work in the Raja-Bharathiraja combo is so damn incredible that this output slightly pales in comparison. BR-IR combo is a pathbreaker in Tamil cinema.

probably u got that feel coz IR-BR music sounded more real village music than the digital music that ARR created... :)

we luv Rahman's score to BR more, because of the pleasant ambience it created for the movie :)

sakthivel_cool
30th July 2007, 12:51 PM
pleasant ambience?...:lol2: plastic meesik..:D

thilak4life
30th July 2007, 01:37 PM

:hammer:

dinesh2002
30th July 2007, 04:13 PM

:argh: :angry2: :notthatway:

Sanjeevi
30th July 2007, 04:56 PM
IMO Kangalal Kaithu Sei is one of ARR's best and simply best of ARR-BR combo. I love the songs of KKS.

inetk
30th July 2007, 05:05 PM
I still remember Vikatan's comment on Karuthamma's music, in their review. It was on the lines of a pomeranian dog lost in the village :-)

Personally, more than KKS, which no doubt is phenomenally underrated, Tajmahal is something I really loved. Very vibrant collection of songs. Just that Manoj spoiled the whole bleddy show!

dinesh2002
30th July 2007, 06:11 PM
I still remember Vikatan's comment on Karuthamma's music, in their review. It was on the lines of a pomeranian dog lost in the village :-)

Personally, more than KKS, which no doubt is phenomenally underrated, Tajmahal is something I really loved. Very vibrant collection of songs. Just that Manoj spoiled the whole bleddy show!

Vikatan never praised ARR's music b4 i heard.... :twisted:

true man, Manoj spoilt the movie just as much as Riya Sen did... bad lead cast IMO, Radhika and others was excellent.... but lead pairs was :evil: ....

Sanjeevi.... Neengala pesiyathu?? :shock:

Sanjeevi
30th July 2007, 06:15 PM
Yes TajMahal comes close second to KKS and then Kizhakku semaiyilae

selvakumar
30th July 2007, 06:19 PM
I like both BR-IR & BR-ARR combo.
Contrary to vikatan's observation on "Karuthamma", I would say it was indeed a village based album and the songs were good.
& not to forget "Kizhakku seemaiyilae" - "Aathangara maramae" was too good to hear at that time :P
It was received well among the village people as well B & C centre people :P
P.S: At that time, I thought KS must be from IR
:roll: :yessir:

rsubras
30th July 2007, 09:21 PM
anandha vikatan indeed was very critical of A.R.Rahman during his early days, particularly after Gentleman.... Infact for Karuthamma review they had mentioned, that the weakest link of the film is A.R.Rahman's music :)

ARR after several years mentioned that this review had hurt him a lot...coz personally he loved his work for Karuthamma... and especially the poraale ponnu thaayi tune...

zar
1st August 2007, 02:51 AM
It is a sin to not include "Anthimantharai" songs as one of the best BR soundtrack ever. I rate it as one of the best for ARR too.

Sakiye nee than thunaiye and Oru Naal oru are simply evergreen songs and most underrated, I should say. I have the slightest clue about this movie, but the songs are so moving every time I listen to it.

nickraman
1st August 2007, 06:33 AM
Keep in mind that Bharthiraja's Cinema is bilingual.

I think it's a suspense story so at this point, we can assume the picturization to be situational. Like Mumbai Xpress wise.

Otherwise, not bad from Himesh. I expect better for Dasa though (Not to worry though since Kamal's good with music during movie transitions.)

mahen01
1st August 2007, 03:04 PM
I heard Barathiraja's comments about the movie. He says Himesh is NO 1 in north. Since he wanted to use the Best he used him to the movie. I cant accept the reason.. No1 is ARR all over India if he wanted to use No1. If he doesnt want ARR for some reason, there are so many good music directors in south who would have deliverd much beter songs than Hemash. Whatever u guys say I feel even Harris is the 2nd choise to replace ARR.

Arjuna
1st August 2007, 10:02 PM
Bommalatam sucks big time! I stumbled upon something very different and really good:
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001202.html

Dharan who did Parijatham does have talent!

Vaz
2nd August 2007, 02:33 PM
Definitly agree... eventhough a bit disappointed with his second outing (Sivi)... it is far better than what the No1 from North has churned out for Bommalaatam....

I'm affraid that Dasavathaaram's music is gonna be a letdown... coz' BR is quite talented in extracting good music from his MDs and even he has failed with Himesh.... so quite worrying to think about what is in store for us in Dasavathaaram!

mahen01
2nd August 2007, 03:30 PM
Heard Dharan's Sivi songs. Its sounds fresh and 100 times better than Bommalatam. Hemash's songs are just noizy. May be northies likes those type songs. Hope Dharan gets more projects in tamil movies.

mahen01
2nd August 2007, 04:13 PM
After 5 listening Dharan's Sivi is simply supurb and songs are addicting. Looking foward to Dharan's future albums.

Cinefan
4th August 2007, 01:37 PM
In my opinion, historically, Bharathiraja's got the best only out of Ilayaraja. Despite being a fan of Rahman's music for Bharathiraja, the director's innate nativity came out best with Raja. Its almost as if they were destined for each other.

Bharathiraja went to a lot of other composers in between - Rahman (Kizhakku Cheemayile, Karuthamma, Kangalal kaidhu sei, Dhaajmagaal and the likes:-), Deva (Thamizhchelvan, Kadal pookkal etc), Hamsalekha (Captain Magal, Kodi parakkudhu).

But, again, in my personal opinion, the only composer who came close to realizing Bharathiraja's penchant for Raaja-like scores was the entirely unknown, Ravi Devendran, who scored for Vedham Pudhidhu. I know of many people who listen to Kannukkul nooru nilava or Putham pudhu olai and refuse to believe its not by Raja!
With Himesh, Bharathiraja reaches the bottom most pit of his search - all over a bruised ego. I'm sure he'll finally realize this now and the only way is up, after this. And that'd be the inevitable.

I was one of them :D

nickraman
6th August 2007, 05:48 AM
I heard Barathiraja's comments about the movie. He says Himesh is NO 1 in north. Since he wanted to use the Best he used him to the movie. I cant accept the reason.. No1 is ARR all over India if he wanted to use No1. If he doesnt want ARR for some reason, there are so many good music directors in south who would have deliverd much beter songs than Hemash. Whatever u guys say I feel even Harris is the 2nd choise to replace ARR.

He's actually right. Himesh has given over 50+ hits, even during Rahman's era (2000s). Rahman's hindi hits were Rangeela, Legend of Bhagat Singh, Saathiya, Dil Se, Yuva, Lagaan, Swades, RDB, Guru, Earth, Doli Saja ke Rakhna and Taal. The rest of his stuff was from the Hindi dubs of his music from Tamil movies like Minsara Kanavu [Sapnay], Thiruda [Chor Chor], Dharam Yodha [Yodha], Kadhalan [Humse Hai Muqabala], Indian [Hindustani], Indra [Priyanka], Roja [Roja] , Bombay [Bombay], Super Police [Khel Khiladi Ka], Kadhal Desam [Duniya Dilwalon Ki]. Aside from Roja, Bombay and Sapnay, the rest went unnoticed.

He's a big Rahman fan though and I remember Rahman saying in a interview that he's aware of this and he's planning on roping on Himesh for singing in the future.

mahen01
6th August 2007, 12:45 PM
nickraman - for your information Saathiya and Yuwa also Tamil dubbed in Hindi. But I disagree with u on the point u said that these albums went unnoticed. They are all supper hits.

A.ANAND
8th August 2007, 07:01 AM
பொம்மலாட்டம்- இசை விமர்சனம்

இசை: ஹிமேஷ் ரேஷ்மய்யா
பாடல்கள்: சினேகன், தேன்மொழி தாஸ், விவேகா.
பாடகர்கள்: அனுராதா ஸ்ரீராம், மாதங்கி, காயத்ரி, சுசித்ரா, பாப் ஷாலினி, திப்பு, கார்த்திக்.

கிராமத்து களத்து மேட்டுக்களில் தமிழ் சினிமாவை, மண் மணம் கமழ உருளச் செய்த பாரதிராஜா, கரை கடந்து, இந்தித் திரையுலகில் புகுந்து இயக்கியுள்ள படம்தான் சினிமா. இப்படம்தான் தமிழில் பொம்மலாட்டம் என்ற பெயரில் வெளியாகிறது.

3 வருட இடைவெளிக்குப் பின்னர் வெளியாகும் பொம்மலாட்டம், இந்தித் திரையுலகின் இளம் இசைப் புயல் ஹிமேஷ் ரேஷ்மய்யாவின் இன்னிசையில் உருவாகியுள்ளது.

ஐந்து பாடல்கள், அத்தனையும் தேன் சொட்டும் தித்திப்பு விருந்து. பாடல்கள் படு வித்தியாசமாய் இசை ஆல்பம் கேட்பது மாதிரி குதூகலிக்க வைக்கின்றன.

அனுராதா ஸ்ரீராம், திப்பு, கார்த்திக், ஷாலினி ஆகியோரின் குரல்களில் பாடல்களுக்கு புது உருவும் கிடைக்கிறது.

தனது முதல் தமிழ்ப் படத்திலேயே (2வது படம் தசாவதாரம்) தமிழ் ரசிகர்களை ஈர்த்துள்ளார் ஹிமேஷ்.

பாடல் 1: ஆஹா ஆஹா கண்ணிரெண்டும் ...
(குரல்: கார்த்திக், பாப் ஷாலினி - வரிகள்: சினேகன்)

பாந்தமான வந்திருக்கிறது ஹிமேஷின் முதல் தமிழ்ப் பாடல். அவரது மேற்கத்திய இசையில் , கார்த்திக்கின் குரல் அம்சமாய் தவழ்ந்து ஓடுகிறது. உற்சாகம் கரைபுரள்கிறது.

பாடகர்களின் குரல்களோடு கலந்துருகி மயங்க வைக்கிறது இசை.

பாடல் 2: செக் செக் செக்டா ...
(குரல்: சுசித்ரா - வரிகள்: தேன்மொழி தாஸ்)

தேன்மொழியின் திகட்டாத தெள்ளிய வரிகளில், தென்றல் போல உள்ளுக்குள் போகிறது செக் செக் செக்டா. அரேபிய போக்லோரில் ஆரம்பித்து அப்படியே வேகம் பிடிக்கிறது ஹிமேஷின் இசை. சுசித்ராவின் வெஸ்டர்ன் வாய்ஸும், ஹிமேஷின் மியூசிக்கும் சேர்ந்து ஆட்டம் போட வைக்கின்றன.

வரிகளில் ஆங்கில ஆதிக்கம் இருப்பதுதான் கொஞ்சம் போல இடிக்கிறது.

பாடல் 3: ஓ நெஞ்சில் டோலியா ..
(குரல்: அனுராதா ஸ்ரீராம், திப்பு - வரிகள்: தேன்மொழி தாஸ்)

மொத்தப் பாடல்களிலும் முத்துப் பாட்டு இதுதான். ஹிமேஷின் உச்சஸ்தாயி இசையும், பாடல் வரிகளும் சேர்ந்து ரசிகர்களின் மனதை இம்சிக்கப் போவது நிச்சயம். வடக்கத்தி இசை வாசம் சற்றே அதிகம் இருந்தாலும் லயிக்க வைக்கிறது, ரசிக்க வைக்கிறது.

பாட்டைக் கேட்டு முடித்ததும், மீண்டும் மீண்டும் முனுமுனுக்க வைத்திருப்பதே இந்தப் பாட்டின் ஹிட்டுக்கு ஆதாரம்.

திப்புவும், அனுராதா ஸ்ரீராமும், தேன்மொழி தாஸின் வரிகளை தித்திப்பாக பாடி பாடலுக்கு உயிரூட்டியுள்ளனர்.

பாடல் 4: வா வா தலைவா ..
(குரல்: காயத்ரி அய்யர்)

இருப்பதிலேயே எரிச்சலூட்டும் பாடல் இதுதான். பாடலில் விசேஷம் எதுவும் இல்லை. குபீர் தொண்டைக்காரர் காயத்ரியின் குரல் படு எரிச்சலூட்டுகிறது. ரொம்ப சொல்ல ஏதுமில்லை.

பாடல் 5: கோயம்பேடு பென்சு ..
(குரல்: மாதங்கி - வரிகள்: விவேகா)

தாளமிட வைக்கும் இசை, மாதங்கியின் மயக்கும் குரல் என பாட்டுக்கு புது மெருகு கூடி ரசிக்க வைத்துள்ளது. ஆனால் விவேகாவின் வரிகள்தான் காலத்திற்கேற்ப இல்லாமல் அரதப் பழசாக உள்ளது.

பாடல் வரிகளில் மேற்கத்தியத்தனத்தை குறைத்திருக்கலாம், இசையிலும் கூட தமிழ் வாசனையை கொஞ்சம் தூக்கலாக்கி இருக்கலாம் (நம்ம பாரதிராஜா படமாச்சே).

மற்றபடி ப்ரஷ் ஆக்ஸிஜனை சுவாசித்த மாதிரி ஒரு சுகானுபவம்.. இந்தப் படத்தின் இசையில்

ORE PITTALATTAM

:roll: :roll: