PDA

View Full Version : :::PLAGIARISM IN HISTORY OF TAMIL CINEMA:::

nemesis786
3rd May 2007, 01:55 AM
This thread is to discuss plagiarism in tamil cinema. Be it copied from an old tamil film itself or from other regional films or even from hollywood films lets discuss them here :D

Movies and Scenes only! No music here please as it already exists in TFM page :D

nemesis786
3rd May 2007, 02:05 AM
We can call plagiarism as unofficial remake :lol:

Examples are :

Kaadhal Konden -- Guna

Pudupettai --- Nayagan

Manmadan --- Sivapu Rojakal

Jana --- Baasha

Pokiri , Madurey --- Paandiyan

Indian --- Thamizhan, Citizen, Sivapathigaram, lot lot more!

Kamal's Guru -- Gentleman

Joot [ srikanth] --- Dhool

Vallavan --- Padayappa

Ghajini -- Memento

PKMS ---- Derailed

Dhil ---- Kaaaki sattai

These r all i can remember

:roll:

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2007, 02:34 AM

Examples are :

Kaadhal Konden -- Guna

:roll: have you stolen my words? i mean unofficial remake :lol:

c4ramesh
3rd May 2007, 08:02 AM

Examples are :

Kaadhal Konden -- Guna

KKvukum Gunavum diff eruukramathri theriudthu... :?

groucho070
3rd May 2007, 09:14 AM
Let me add.

Nam Pirantha Man - Indian.

What about unofficial remake/inspiration/rip-off/based upon/etc of Hollywood? I guess if you do you'd offend many fans.

joe
3rd May 2007, 09:21 AM
Few days back ,there was a programm on NT by Kannadasan's daughter Vishali .She mentioned Annamalai story is a straight lift from old NT movie 'AnbaLippu'.

MADDY
3rd May 2007, 09:25 AM
btw, wat we have heard of "shivaji"'s story till now ->

a NRI who comes to India with lots of money and good will is cheated by the people here.........he bounces back to take revenge on them.......

does it sound any bells , Joe??? :wink:

joe
3rd May 2007, 09:27 AM

a NRI who comes to India with lots of money and good will is cheated by the people here.........he bounces back to take revenge on them.......

You mean mahanathi ? :roll: ..I am the escappu :)

MADDY
3rd May 2007, 09:28 AM

i thot "Parasakthi" :oops:

ajithfederer
3rd May 2007, 09:30 AM
Annamalai is a remake of a telugu movie starring venkatesh 8-)

Few days back ,there was a programm on NT by Kannadasan's daughter Vishali .She mentioned Annamalai story is a straight lift from old NT movie 'AnbaLippu'.

groucho070
3rd May 2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah. AnbaLippu's storyline is a bit different. A rare movie NT did when Jai was also playing lead roles.

As a matter of fact, Mannan has similar storyline to a film Muthuraman did with JJ. I can't remember the title, but it has MR leading a union to go against his own wife, the boss.

MADDY
3rd May 2007, 09:35 AM
Annamalai is a remake of a telugu movie starring venkatesh 8-)

sorry, both were remakes of "Khudgarz" - shatrugan Sinha and Jiteendra Dir: Rakesh Roshan (1st directorial venture)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248135/plotsummary

Sita Sinha (Sushma Seth) has brought up her son, Bihari and his friend, Amar as her own. The three are very close to each other. When they grow up they maintain their friendship and love for each other. Amar (Jeetendra) marries wealthy Jaya (Bhanupriya), and Bihari (Shatrughan Sinha) marries a labourer (Amrita Singh). Amar's dad, Mr. Saxena (Saeed Jaffrey) does not like Bihari, and schemes to separate them. He succeeds, and Bihari is humiliated. Bihari blames Amar, and swears to bring about his downfall at all costs :oops: :oops:

Hindi padam continous paakaravangalakku, endha Rajinikanth padamume pudhusu illa........infact, the biggest hit of his career - Baasha is a blatant lift of HUM :oops:

MADDY
3rd May 2007, 09:52 AM
As a matter of fact, Mannan has similar storyline to a film Muthuraman did with JJ. I can't remember the title, but it has MR leading a union to go against his own wife, the boss.

r u talking abt the movie with "paramasivan kazhuthilirundhu paambu kaettadhu garuda saukiyima" song?? :?

groucho070
3rd May 2007, 10:01 AM
No, no. That is Suryaghandi. It's another movie.

joe
3rd May 2007, 10:37 AM

i thot "Parasakthi" :oops:
But In 'Parasakthi' the movie is not about taking revenge on people who cheated his money ,but revenge on people who destroyed his sister's life.

c4ramesh
3rd May 2007, 11:11 AM
Well as matter of fact many movies will have resemblances to other movies since we are beating around the bush with Hero centric stories, where Good wins Bad.

Thats my opinion.

:P

Nerd
3rd May 2007, 11:29 AM
Hindi padam continous paakaravangalakku, endha Rajinikanth padamume pudhusu illa........infact, the biggest hit of his career - Baasha is a blatant lift of HUM :oops:

Now this is a blatant lie. batsha sure has shades of hum bit it is NOT a blatant lift 8-)

MADDY
3rd May 2007, 11:46 AM

Now this is a blatant lie. batsha sure has shades of hum bit it is NOT a blatant lift 8-)

Baasha - HUM -> storyline is exactly similar.........except for the frnship with baasha part, all other twists/turns are the same...... :D ......

P_R
3rd May 2007, 11:56 AM
>>digr. except for the frnship with baasha part<<
padathulayE idhu dhAn sappai point.
build-up ellAm paathadhum bAsha periya aalunnu ninaichEn. SaranRaj vandhadhum theriyalai pOnadhum theriyalai.

groucho070
3rd May 2007, 01:28 PM
Correct PR. The flashback within the flashback slow things down.

I have this opinion about remakes. I was referring to Hollywood when I wrote this in my website:

"Remakes are expensive and effective way to educate the audience the greatness of the original"

But in the context of Tamil film, not only it reminds the youngsters and the amnesiac audiences of the good old films; sometimes one can improve on it.

Take Billa for example. The only saving grace in Billa was Rajini and some good songs. Other than that the film is terrible (I have discussed this in Billa 2007 thread); and I am sure the new version can take care of the part that is bad.

Nan avanillai is quite apt for times like this but comparison with Gemini is inevitable because the film is noted mainly for Gemini's daringness to exploit his own off-screen romantic image. Plus a risky role, considering his on-screen romantic image.

lavanya22rit
3rd May 2007, 01:52 PM
Its surprising not to see vijay's name in this thread :roll:

Pras
3rd May 2007, 02:01 PM
thulla manamun thullam is a straight lift of a NT movie ... joe, i am sure you know the title of the movie with NT ....

avvai sanmugi - Mrs. Doubtfire

groucho070
3rd May 2007, 02:19 PM
Is it Shanti, Joe?

joe
3rd May 2007, 02:22 PM
thulla manamun thullam is a straight lift of a NT movie ... joe, i am sure you know the title of the movie with NT ....

Do you mean Paarthaal Pasi Theerum? :roll:

seran
3rd May 2007, 02:27 PM
Its surprising not to see vijay's name in this thread :roll:
Then we need to talk about all his movies.better leave it :)

groucho070
3rd May 2007, 02:31 PM

Definitely not. It's the one with VijayaKumari. She'd be blind. And not know NT (responsible, in a way, for her blindness) but NT is always around. Crikey, I am confused.

nemesis786
3rd May 2007, 03:04 PM
Onething that surprised me is You've Got A Mail which seems to have released after agathiyan's KAADHAL KOATAI has same storyline as that i mena same concept ! athey love through letter but have seen each other n dunno that they r the ones :?

Hollywood Kollywood paarthu copy adichidha coz kaadhal koatai won national award for agathiyan!

Ilaina idhu rendume romba palaya padam paaarthu panadha :oops: :lol:

Pras
3rd May 2007, 04:24 PM

Definitely not. It's the one with VijayaKumari. She'd be blind. And not know NT (responsible, in a way, for her blindness) but NT is always around. Crikey, I am confused.

and her brother has written her a letter before his death saying that NT is not responsible ? ... ya that's it ;)

thimuru
3rd May 2007, 04:28 PM
movies that are better than the original!

can somebody list them? :roll:

MADDY
3rd May 2007, 04:54 PM

i dunno whether i can say this film here - Doli saja ke rakhna is better than Kaadhalukku Mariyadhai........ :D .........everything was better than the original (maybe it was taken directly from Malayalam, thats y)

Vijay - Akshay Khanna - AK was so natural whereas vijay with the same poove unakaaga hangover shedding a bit too much of tears.....

Shalini - Jyothika - Jyothika was very beautiful and suited that silent girl role better than Shalini

ARR - IR - i'll give it to ARR here............the songs have come in 3 languages in different scripts and was requested by 3 different guys - talks volumes abt the quality......

priyadarshan - Fazil - again, i give it to Priyadarshan for making it less melodramatic than Fazil.......

this is one film where i really felt remake was better than original..... :D .....yea, DSKR was a colossal flop and KM was a blockbuster.....

Lavanya, infact, i was tempted to talk abt vijay as soon as this thread opened..........Vijay is someone who has disappointed me a lot in this aspect......... :cry: ......i dunno, y s'one who can pull off a "Priyamudan" has to do telugu remakes??? :roll: .....after Priyamudan, iwas so happy that we have a actor of SRK's style/villainity in tamil but he has disappointed since then :cry:

Nakeeran
3rd May 2007, 04:57 PM

Nayagan
Avvai shanmugi :)

seran
3rd May 2007, 05:02 PM

M Kumaran was better than Amma, Naanna, O Tamil Ammayi, the telugu version. I felt Jeyam ravi suited better than Ravi teja in that role.

Pras
3rd May 2007, 05:30 PM

i dunno whether i can say this film here - Doli saja ke rakhna is better than Kaadhalukku Mariyadhai........ :D .........everything was better than the original (maybe it was taken directly from Malayalam, thats y)

Vijay - Akshay Khanna - AK was so natural whereas vijay with the same poove unakaaga hangover shedding a bit too much of tears.....

Shalini - Jyothika - Jyothika was very beautiful and suited that silent girl role better than Shalini

ARR - IR - i'll give it to ARR here............the songs have come in 3 languages in different scripts and was requested by 3 different guys - talks volumes abt the quality......

priyadarshan - Fazil - again, i give it to Priyadarshan for making it less melodramatic than Fazil.......

this is one film where i really felt remake was better than original..... :D .....yea, DSKR was a colossal flop and KM was a blockbuster.....

Lavanya, infact, i was tempted to talk abt vijay as soon as this thread opened..........Vijay is someone who has disappointed me a lot in this aspect......... :cry: ......i dunno, y s'one who can pull off a "Priyamudan" has to do telugu remakes??? :roll: .....after Priyamudan, iwas so happy that we have a actor of SRK's style/villainity in tamil but he has disappointed since then :cry:

good to hear that your movie is a colossal flop :twisted:

thimuru
3rd May 2007, 05:31 PM

Nayagan
Avvai shanmugi :)

u mean nayagan is better than Godfather?

interesting...first of all i wont call it a remake :D

Nerd
3rd May 2007, 08:08 PM

Baasha - HUM -> storyline is exactly similar.........except for the frnship with baasha part, all other twists/turns are the same...... :D ......

There are lots of subtle differences. Billa, Thee, vELaikkAran are blatant lifts mind you. But all said, they LEGALLY purchased the rights of hum and made it as bAtshA. So no question of plagiarism here 8-)

nemesis786
3rd May 2007, 10:27 PM
Guys vivek used one of his comedy tracks again in some movie! OR did the producer use it instead of re-shooting :?

I dont remember both film names but the comedy is like fan falling on the head of the owner of a hotel!

Kumar
4th May 2007, 04:28 AM
Would anyone consider Imsai Arasan a remake/copy of Uthamaputhiran (which is a remake of Man in the Iron Mask)?

I also think that most Vijayakanth movies are inspired by the Adventures of Tom and Jerry.

kannannn
4th May 2007, 04:57 AM
I also think that most Vijayakanth movies are inspired by the Adventures of Tom and Jerry.
:rotfl: :rotfl: yengada, romba naal aache, innum neenga Gaptun pathi post pannaliyennu parthen. Correcta vandhuttenga.

Kumar
4th May 2007, 05:12 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: yengada, romba naal aache, innum neenga Gaptun pathi post pannaliyennu parthen. Correcta vandhuttenga. :mrgreen: Eeee heee heee....
Viduvenaa?!?

keerthy
4th May 2007, 05:12 AM
:lol: :rotfl:

Wibha
4th May 2007, 07:59 AM
thenali has a storyline similar to one english movie.....peru nyabagam vara maateangarathu :confused2:

P_R
4th May 2007, 08:01 AM
Would anyone consider Imsai Arasan a remake/copy of Uthamaputhiran (which is a remake of Man in the Iron Mask)?

Hey KumAr. Long time. Was thinking of you earlier this evening, as I was watching Rama.Narayanan's timeless classic DurgA.

P_R
4th May 2007, 08:03 AM
thenali has a storyline similar to one english movie.....peru nyabagam vara maateangarathu :confused2: What about Bob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_About_Bob%3F)

groucho070
4th May 2007, 08:17 AM

It's a spoof of Uthama Puthiran...or we can call it a parody. Funny enough both Nadodi Mannan and Uthama Puthiran owes it to Alexander Dumas books.

I'm a big fan of Tom and Jerry and therefore, as a fan, I am hurt by this comparison :D .

swathy
4th May 2007, 08:23 AM

I'm a big fan of Tom and Jerry and therefore, as a fan, I am hurt by this comparison :D .

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sanguine Sridhar
4th May 2007, 08:32 AM
Why we encouraged movies like "Captain Prabhagaran", "Managara Kaaval" and now making fun of him?!

Even his recent movies like "Vaanjinaadhan" was a decent one!

Kumar
4th May 2007, 08:45 AM
Why we encouraged movies like "Captain Prabhagaran", "Managara Kaaval" and now making fun of him?!

Even his recent movies like "Vaanjinaadhan" was a decent one!

Encourage? For years I have been campaigning for Kapturn to enter politics as soon as humanly possible so he could leave the cine field and not make movies where he kicks 28 villians....from mid air without touching the ground. (Sounds like something Jerry would do :wink: ).

thimuru
4th May 2007, 10:44 AM

Hey KumAr. Long time. Was thinking of you earlier this evening, as I was watching Rama.Narayanan's timeless classic DurgA.

we can watch it just for that cute baby shalini....keka buka kekabukanu soopera sirichudhu

seran
4th May 2007, 11:02 AM
we can watch it just for that cute baby shalini....keka buka kekabukanu soopera sirichudhu :D

littlemaster1982
4th May 2007, 12:24 PM

we can watch it just for that cute baby shalini....keka buka kekabukanu soopera sirichudhu

thimiru,

athu baby shalini illa...baby shamili :D

thimuru
4th May 2007, 12:31 PM
yeah yeah...baby shamili

Kumar
7th May 2007, 11:10 AM

Hey PR. Long time indeed.

Thanks for thinking of me while watching Durga....I think :wink:

It's all about fuzzy spots and snakes that type.

karthik_sa2
7th May 2007, 12:25 PM
I also think that most Vijayakanth movies are inspired by the Adventures of Tom and Jerry :rotfl:

but its true man.good observation!! captain stopping bullets and bullets returning back to villain is the closest scene i can remember :lol:

hope captain never comes to know or get to see this forum hub :lol:

karthik_sa2
7th May 2007, 12:39 PM

in most of ramnarain films yaanai is maama, kili is akka , snakes r anna<naganna..>, :lol: guys don infer from my observation that am a ramnarain fan...

comin to the topic i saw a film the other day which very much resembled nammavar.any idea what film is that??

c4ramesh
7th May 2007, 01:08 PM
thenali has a storyline similar to one english movie.....peru nyabagam vara maateangarathu :confused2: What about Bob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_About_Bob%3F)

Chae! oru padatha vittu vekkamtengranga... :oops:

groucho070
7th May 2007, 01:19 PM
[quote="karthik_sa2
comin to the topic i saw a film the other day which very much resembled nammavar.any idea what film is that??[/quote]

Dead Poet's Society? Close, but not so close.

crajkumar_be
7th May 2007, 02:17 PM
[quote="karthik_sa2
comin to the topic i saw a film the other day which very much resembled nammavar.any idea what film is that??

Dead Poet's Society? Close, but not so close.[/quote]

Rather, its similar to The Principal (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093780)

Also check out One Eight Seven (1997), which came after Nammavar. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118531/plotsummary

Common and generic themes.....

groucho070
7th May 2007, 02:33 PM
Saw another movie with that theme - Lean On Me 1989).

Looks like there were many inspirations for Nammavar.

ajaybaskar
7th May 2007, 04:43 PM

Examples are :

Kaadhal Konden -- Guna

Pudupettai --- Nayagan

Jana --- Baasha

Vallavan --- Padayappa

Ghajini -- Memento

PKMS ---- Derailed

Dhil ---- Kaaaki sattai

Very bad things-Panchathandiram

Coming to America- My dear maarthaandan

Mrs.Doubtfire- avvai Shanmugi/Chahchi 420

Derailed-PKMC

Red Dragon- Vettayadu vilayadu

Character- Vaaranam aayiram

I know what you did last summer- Whistle

c4ramesh
7th May 2007, 04:55 PM

Examples are :

Kaadhal Konden -- Guna

Pudupettai --- Nayagan

Jana --- Baasha

Vallavan --- Padayappa

Ghajini -- Memento

PKMS ---- Derailed

Dhil ---- Kaaaki sattai

Derailed-PKMC

I don't think so, the stories seem to be different.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dragon_%28film%29

nemesis786
7th May 2007, 05:17 PM
Ajay how do you say VAARANAM AAYIRAM is "CHARACTER" the film is yet to be released :o :?

c4ramesh
7th May 2007, 05:22 PM
Ajay how do you say VAARANAM AAYIRAM is "CHARACTER" the film is yet to be released :o :?

Unarchivasa pattitaru... :lol:

Pras
7th May 2007, 05:22 PM

nop : whistle = urban legends

nemesis786
7th May 2007, 05:23 PM
Ramesh i just now checked the VA thread it seems he got this info from some person! Character is 1997 movie it seems! :roll:

groucho070
8th May 2007, 07:41 AM

Examples are :

Kaadhal Konden -- Guna

Pudupettai --- Nayagan

Jana --- Baasha

Vallavan --- Padayappa

Ghajini -- Memento

PKMS ---- Derailed

Dhil ---- Kaaaki sattai

Derailed-PKMC

I don't think so, the stories seem to be different.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dragon_%28film%29

VV is a remake of GM's own Kakka kakka, albeit with a superior actor.

The confusion and comparison with Red Dragon/ Se7en is unavoidable. They all fall into that gory crime thriller genre. There are so many Se7en rip-offs in Hollywood that can qualify as unofficial remakes.

ThalaNass
8th May 2007, 08:07 AM

The confusion and comparison with Red Dragon/ Se7en is unavoidable. They all fall into that gory crime thriller genre. There are so many Se7en rip-offs in Hollywood that can qualify as unofficial remakes.

:lol: :exactly:

VENKIRAJA
8th May 2007, 10:27 AM
new:?
ah aah:?
pokkiri:kaaki sattai
billahs

c4ramesh
8th May 2007, 10:30 AM
new:?
ah aah:?
pokkiri:kaaki sattai
billahs

This is particularly abt unofficial remakes, so Billa and Pokkiri won't feature. :)

nemesis786
8th May 2007, 11:03 AM
Adhisiya Piravi is ENGAL VEETU PILLAI slightly modified 8-)

seran
8th May 2007, 11:22 AM

You can say VV as a sequel to KK, not a remake. It may be inspired/copied from other movies though :)

ajaybaskar
8th May 2007, 11:29 AM

Paathukittae irunga...naan solradhu unmaiya illayannu...

groucho070
8th May 2007, 12:04 PM

With a dash of Yamanukku Yaman thrown in. YY itself is a Telugu remake, I think.

But EVP is a contemporary remake of the likes of Nadodi Mannan and Uthama Puthiran. Ippadiyee pinnaale poykondee irukkalaam.

Kumar
9th May 2007, 03:59 AM

With a dash of Yamanukku Yaman thrown in. YY itself is a Telugu remake, I think.

But EVP is a contemporary remake of the likes of Nadodi Mannan and Uthama Puthiran. Ippadiyee pinnaale poykondee irukkalaam.

I may be wrong, but Yammanukku Yaman may have been a re-make of Naan Paartha Sorgum. (And that may have been a Telegu remake, for all I know).

kb
9th May 2007, 04:10 AM
annamalai.. rajini goin and hitting nizhalgal ravi for beatingup rajinis sister is a rip from godfather 2

nickraman
9th May 2007, 06:58 AM
In Vijay's case, no. He takes the remakes that were awesome and then he'll screw around with it and somehow, with the power of repeated audience, the film is a hit.

Pokkiri is the latest example of taking something precious of Mahesh's characterization to nothing but a cult mass hero wanting biased praise from his so called "fans." Oh and the comedy track with Brahmandham is 10x better than Vadivelu's. The music was 10x better that what Vijay ordered him to do and the story was more...convincing. I liked Deva's direction in NVNV but he just cuts the important stuff in Pokirri just to rebuild Vijay's shattered image. Ditto to P.Vasu to CM as he ruined one of the greatest Malayalam movies ever and shuffled for some thatha's revival.

Now they say that his ATM is taken off of Junior B's "Bluffmaster" and some other hindi films.

nickraman
9th May 2007, 07:06 AM
annamalai.. rajini goin and hitting nizhalgal ravi for beatingup rajinis sister is a rip from godfather 2

Annamalai was ripped off from Jeetendra's "Khudgarz"

Baasha from "Hum"

Thillu Millu is "Golmaal"

Billa is "Don"

Muthu is "Themavin Kombathu"

Chandramukhi is "Manchitrazhu(sp?)"

Thee is Deewara

Naan Sigapu Manitha is Aaj Ki Awaz

Padikadavan is Kuddhar

Vidulathai is Qurabani

Mr. Bharath is Trishul

Velaikaran is Namak Halal

Dharmathin Thalaivan is Kasme Vaade

Paanakaran is Laawaris

Basically he earned his stardom via Amitabh Bachchan and Mohanlal.

Nerd
9th May 2007, 07:20 AM
Did you read the title of this thread, Nick :rotfl:

PLAGIARISM: the act of appropriating the literary composition of another author, or excerpts, ideas, or passages therefrom, and passing the material off as one's own creation

I don't think neither Rajini nor his producers (balaji, mostly) did that. You with all hatred came here to degrade Rajini alas, your post looks stupid now :(

thimuru
9th May 2007, 07:25 AM
Did you read the title of this thread, Nick :rotfl

PLAGIARISM: the act of appropriating the literary composition of another author, or excerpts, ideas, or passages therefrom, and passing the material off as one's own creation

I don't think neither Rajini nor his producers (balaji, mostly) did that. You with all hatred came here to degrade Rajini alas, your post looks stupid now :(
they didnt get rights for chandramukhi i believe....fazil brought this issue!

did they get rights for thenmavin kombath

NOV
9th May 2007, 07:28 AM
Basically he earned his stardom via Amitabh Bachchan and Mohanlal.this is precisely how problems begin. It will not take long for another to list all Kamal movies as copies from Hollywood and make a similar conclusion.

Repent, people! :evil:

Nerd
9th May 2007, 07:30 AM

Yes. They did. For a comprehensive list, please visit this link

http://rajinifans.com/Movie_Database/Remake_Movies.asp

And yeh I know about the CM issue and still all his other allegations are absolutely baseless 8-)

thimuru
9th May 2007, 07:33 AM

Yes. They did. For a comprehensive list, please visit this link

http://rajinifans.com/Movie_Database/Remake_Movies.asp

And yeh I know about the CM issue and still all his other allegations are absolutely baseless 8-)

OK...I still doubt why they dint get the manichithrathazh rights...its a malayalam movie and the rights very cheap

Hulkster
9th May 2007, 08:06 AM
Its actually a remake of aapthamithra then manichitrathazh....rajini saw aapthamithra and then asked vasu to remake it...of course aapthamithra is a direct remake of manichitrazh :D

thimuru
9th May 2007, 08:16 AM
Its actually a remake of aapthamithra then manichitrathazh....rajini saw aapthamithra and then asked vasu to remake it...of course aapthamithra is a direct remake of manichitrazh :D

did they get the rights of aapthamithra..total confees :?

Hulkster
9th May 2007, 08:24 AM
aapthamithra was by vasu :D

thimuru
9th May 2007, 08:35 AM
aapthamithra was by vasu :D

procerkittathana rights vanganum :?

groucho070
9th May 2007, 09:09 AM

I may be wrong, but Yammanukku Yaman may have been a re-make of Naan Paartha Sorgum. (And that may have been a Telegu remake, for all I know).

I read in this forum (I think Murali-sar's post) that it is a Telugu remake.

Plus there are also elements borrowed from Warren Beatty's Heaven Can Wait....which was incorporated more in Adhisaya Piravi.

thimuru
9th May 2007, 09:23 AM
kaho na pyar hai is a lift from dharmathin thalaivan...right?

love birds :roll:

selvakumar
9th May 2007, 09:29 AM
OK...I still doubt why they dint get the manichithrathazh rights...its a malayalam movie and the rights very cheap

AFAIK,
Fazil raised this issue during CM release. He was given an amount (director of MC) (Not sure on this). But the original man who wrote the story was not credited. Fazil got the story from another person and made MC. So, the original author must have been given some amount. Instead Fazil supposed to have betrayed him & kept everything to himself and tried to cool him.
(If I am not wrong, the interview of the original story writer came in AV) :roll:

thimuru
9th May 2007, 09:38 AM
OK...I still doubt why they dint get the manichithrathazh rights...its a malayalam movie and the rights WERE very cheap

AFAIK,
Fazil raised this issue during CM release. He was given an amount (director of MC) (Not sure on this). But the original man who wrote the story was not credited. Fazil got the story from another person and made MC. So, the original author must have been given some amount. Instead Fazil supposed to have betrayed him & kept everything to himself and tried to cool him.
(If I am not wrong, the interview of the original story writer came in AV) :roll:

OK :D

crajkumar_be
9th May 2007, 06:59 PM
-deleted-

MOD's Note: Pls do not use my post - which was used as an example on how a thread quickly degenerates - to begin a fresh discussion. TQ.

thimuru
9th May 2007, 07:02 PM
-deleted-

nemesis786
9th May 2007, 07:55 PM
ASURAN [ Starring Arun Pandian ] = PREDATOR [ Starring ARNOLD ] :P

kb
9th May 2007, 07:56 PM
Now they say that his ATM is taken off of Junior B's "Bluffmaster" and some other hindi films.

na illaingna :roll:

NOV
9th May 2007, 08:22 PM
MOD's Note: Pls do not use my post - which was used as an example on how a thread quickly degenerates - to begin a fresh discussion. TQ.

thilak4life
9th May 2007, 08:42 PM
Now to the topic, almost every tamil movies is copied or inspired. I would say, there are very few original movies. So let's rename the thread as "Best Original movies in tamil cinema".

Nakeeran
9th May 2007, 08:49 PM
Thilak4life

Thats a good point .

I think the movies of the 50s and 60s might be original mostly . Any comments ?

Or atleast might be slightly inspired ones from western / hindi movies and craftily made for tamil cinema

unhappyboy
10th May 2007, 07:43 AM
Onething that surprised me is You've Got A Mail which seems to have released after agathiyan's KAADHAL KOATAI has same storyline as that i mena same concept ! athey love through letter but have seen each other n dunno that they r the ones :?

Hollywood Kollywood paarthu copy adichidha coz kaadhal koatai won national award for agathiyan!

Ilaina idhu rendume romba palaya padam paaarthu panadha :oops: :lol:

You've got mail is based on 30s movie "Shop around the corner" starring James Stewart. Only diff. is, they correspond through letters rather than by email. But it's the exact same story. :D

thilak4life
10th May 2007, 12:29 PM
Thilak4life

Thats a good point .

Or atleast might be slightly inspired ones from western / hindi movies and craftily made for tamil cinema

Anda Naal, a movie which I think was a yeduthu kaatu , was 'inspired'. But most of them could have been original and some inspiration from other indian industry. The reason has to be, the lack of access to world cinema back then. Ippo yaaru venum naallum yendha padathayum pakalaam!

Nakeeran
10th May 2007, 06:23 PM
True Andha naal is a movie sans songs ! Amazing no ? S.Balachander was the director . This man , if he had continued , could have created wonders it seems !

Nakeeran
10th May 2007, 06:23 PM
True Andha naal is a movie sans songs ! Amazing no ? S.Balachander was the director . This man , if he had continued , could have created wonders it seems !

Nakeeran
10th May 2007, 06:24 PM

nemesis786
10th May 2007, 06:24 PM

ajaybaskar
17th May 2007, 05:15 PM

Predator was a good thriller. Asuran turned out to be a comedy. Aaviyellam vandhu attagasam pannum.

Enna kodumai sir adhu?

nemesis786
17th May 2007, 06:46 PM

Predator was a good thriller. Asuran turned out to be a comedy. Aaviyellam vandhu attagasam pannum.

Enna kodumai sir adhu?

:exactly: :rotfl: :oops:

Amarshiva
18th May 2007, 08:32 PM
Spiderman part 1.. not good in graphics I guess.. It was like a comic(best part is I have seen it in Tamil)

rookie007
20th May 2007, 07:54 PM

Baasha from "Hum"

Billa is "Don"

Thee is Deewara

Padikadavan is Kuddhar

Vidulathai is Qurabani

Mr. Bharath is Trishul

Paanakaran is Laawaris

hmmm welll I think they are called the remake...most of these movie I think they bought the rights from the orginal version of the movie for a high price.....

abbydoss1969
20th May 2007, 08:26 PM
Thilak4life

Thats a good point .

Most of the tamil movies are copies. Even MGR's "Ayirathil oruvan" is a copy of very old movie called "Captain Blood".Only thing is it is adapted.IN the English film , the hero is a doctor of medicine.In the tamil film Mgr is nattu vaidyar.thats all
http://imdb.com/title/tt0026174/

'Captain Blood' made stars of Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland when it was released, both winning their roles by default when other casting attempts failed. It's a rousing pirate adventure tale, told as only Rafael Sabatini in his novel could do. Aside from a splendid script, it has Michael Curtiz at the directorial helm and Erich Wolfgang Korngold supplying the stirring background music. The Flynn-de Havilland-Korngold-Curtiz package would be repeated many times by Warner Bros. since the ingredients proved a smash hit, most notably in 'The Adventures of Robin Hood'.

Peter Blood (Errol Flynn) is a physician wrongly accused of being a traitor and sent to the West Indies into a life of slavery. He is purchased at the auction block by a spirited beauty (Olivia de Havilland) whose father happens to be the Governor (Lionel Atwil). When he leads other prisoners in an escape plan and succeeds, he becomes a pirate on the high seas. Eventually he is involved in a fight, a duel to the death with another pirate (Basil Rathbone) in order to win the fair heroine. The climactic duel between Flynn and Rathbone is on par with their other famous duel in 'Robin Hood'.

Fans of either Errol Flynn or Olivia de Havilland cannot fail to enjoy this romantic adventure done in the grand style by a studio that knew it had two future stars in the making.

sivaramakrishnanG
14th June 2007, 09:32 PM
Pala thamizh padangal munthaya padangalai thazhu vi vanthullana.Aanal palavatrai kandu kolla mudiyathu.One line story mattum thaan suttirupparkal.
1. Thullatha manamum thullum - ithu SivajiGanesanin NiraiKudam cinema.
2Ramanna vin kathai MGR naditha KODUTHU VAITHAVAL CINEMA(EV Saroja vudan) pinnalil Khilona aaha maari meendum Sivaji nadithu ENGIRUNTHO VANTHAAL aaha vanthathu.
3 Kannadaasanin VAANAM BAADI ( Devika) cinemaa pala padihalai kandirukkirathu.
MGR naditha KALANGARAI VILAKKAM athu thaan.
LVPrasad edutha Ravichandran KRVijaya naditha IDHAYA KAMALAM
ATHU THAN
jAI sANKAR NADITHA yAAR Nee cinema (Who Kaun thee aaha Hindhikku poyvittu) meendum vanthathu
4 Bhagyaraj n Mundhanai Mudichu KS Gopalakrishnan in KARPAGAM CINEMA VIN THAZHUVAL THAN
Ithellam cinemavil sagajamappa! :?:

nickraman
14th June 2007, 11:52 PM

Baasha from "Hum"

Billa is "Don"

Thee is Deewara

Padikadavan is Kuddhar

Vidulathai is Qurabani

Mr. Bharath is Trishul

Paanakaran is Laawaris

hmmm welll I think they are called the remake...most of these movie I think they bought the rights from the orginal version of the movie for a high price.....

For Billa yes. But I've seen his credits in the other movies. Priyadarshan wasn't credited in Muthu, Rakesh Roshan wasn't credited for Annamalai. The Late Hrishikesh Mukherjee wasn't credited for KB's Thillu Mullu. Nope.

tophilis
23rd November 2007, 09:44 AM
Brewster's Millions - Arunachalam

I qoute the Plot Outline from IMDB:
A minor league baseball player has to waste $30m in 30 days in order to inherit $300m; however he's not allowed to tell anyone about the $300m deal.

sriranga
23rd November 2007, 10:40 AM
"The Life of David Gale" story looks similar to virumandi

crajkumar_be
23rd November 2007, 12:09 PM
Already discussed at length on many occasions :)

sriranga
23rd November 2007, 12:15 PM
Already discussed at length on many occasions :)

This movie was shown in one of the movie channels late last night(star movies, i think).
I just happened to read the synopsis. it sounded similar to virumandi. just wanted to know more from our informed hubbers .
FYI : i didn't see the movie. I will see it if its shown during the evenings.

MADDY
23rd November 2007, 01:15 PM
i remember Tinu Anand accusing Kamal of plagiarism for MMKR story.......didnt know, whether he filed a legal case against kamal for it.....

equanimus
23rd November 2007, 02:35 PM
The story of MMKR is credited to Kader Kashmiri. But, I've heard people say that he (Mr. Kashmiri) sued Kamal. For what reason, I've no idea.

equanimus
23rd November 2007, 02:48 PM
The story of MMKR is credited to Kader Kashmiri. But, I've heard people say that he (Mr. Kashmiri) sued Kamal. For what reason, I've no idea.
A couple (http://208.109.254.47/~business/boc/?file=story&id=229) of (http://articles.maxabout.com/artid0000767/govindas_nephew_set_to_make_debut.aspx) related links.

kamath
23rd November 2007, 04:34 PM
KENA - Meeting the parents.

Anbe sivam - planes, trains & automobiles.

Magalir mattum - 9 to 5.