PDA

View Full Version : Young MDs- Kaanavillai!

vigneshram
11th May 2007, 09:49 AM
There is a long list of new, young talents storming into the TFM after mid 90s. But most of them failed to establish an unique style and identity of their own. They either followed Raja's or Rahman's style and got washed away in course of time.
I have compiled a list of few such MDs.

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/05/blog-post_10.html

I'm sure I would have missed out many.

Sanjeevi
11th May 2007, 11:13 AM
Good post vigneshram

I think they washed out due to lack of knowledge in music, lack of learning ability, lack of hardwork

karthik_sa2
11th May 2007, 06:37 PM
i feel really sorry for the talented ramesh vinayagam.underrated for a long time and now down and completely out

app_engine
11th May 2007, 07:29 PM
Unfortunately, we need to add Karthik Raja to this list - not because he lacks talents...he even could do something unique - like in dum-dum-dum - quite different from IR/ARR and captivating...even IR commented very highly about his abilities (w.r.t helping him doing some complex WCM tasks during TbI)...

He may be here and there - doing a couple of movies every year (may be produced by Raja well-wishers who are turned down / redirected by IR/YSR) and doing some cellphone remixes / BGM for YSR etc. , but the fact is he is not in the reckoning as for as TFM major MD's are concerned...

What is the reason? Is it his attitude or lack of commitment or lack of hardwork or simply another kOdambAkkam complexity (like "rAsi illAdha MD") in coming up?

Music4Ever
11th May 2007, 09:32 PM
"What is the reason? Is it his attitude or lack of commitment or lack of hardwork or simply another kOdambAkkam complexity (like "rAsi illAdha MD") in coming up?"

Maybe he can't keep pace with others? Maybe he is lazy and expects to get laurels without hard work, just because he is IR's son? That IR regards his abilities highly is neither here nor there; the father perhaps loves his oldest son dearly and wishes him well just like any dad would. Note that IR is probably really not that quick to praise talent (e.g. What is wrong with Roja and several films like Puthiya Mugam etc?)

As they say, talent finds its own level. KR did great music in Dum*3, sure. His recent hit song, however, was along the lines of Andhi mazhai (KaNgaL thEduthE) and was actually Arputhan's composition (Arputhan himself said in a Sun TV interview).

vasanth2006
11th May 2007, 11:10 PM
adding to vignesh list,

Adithyan....

Choundaryan...

I think there is huge list....

karthik_sa2
12th May 2007, 12:57 AM
Adithyan....

nalla velai ivana aethi vidala.chumaavae avaruku arr aanadha ninaipu.i remember him in one interview sayig rock shoc rock shock...it seems thats how he describes his music..very funny.

but i liked his "oilaa paadum paatu"" and "ayyaiyo pathikichu""

karthik_sa2
12th May 2007, 01:01 AM
Unfortunately, we need to add Karthik Raja to this list - not because he lacks talents...he even could do something unique - like in dum-dum-dum - quite different from IR/ARR and captivating...even IR commented very highly about his abilities (w.r.t helping him doing some complex WCM tasks during TbI)...

He may be here and there - doing a couple of movies every year (may be produced by Raja well-wishers who are turned down / redirected by IR/YSR) and doing some cellphone remixes / BGM for YSR etc. , but the fact is he is not in the reckoning as for as TFM major MD's are concerned...

What is the reason? Is it his attitude or lack of commitment or lack of hardwork or simply another kOdambAkkam complexity (like "rAsi illAdha MD") in coming up?

s very underrated md. i heard from my bro who is also a musician that "kanmani anbodu""orchestration part alone was done by KR.amazing isnt it!!! i just loved his yaaro song in ullasam.
the main reason i can think for his downfall is his films did not become hits and he never got a good director to work with