PDA

View Full Version : Your take on girls calling guys DA

Pages : [1] 2

pandabear
14th May 2007, 01:36 AM
The recent trend is that when a girl befriends a guy, the respect quotient is done with and she adds a 'da' for every sentence, but guys refrain to use 'di' and girls feel it is degradory. Why is this trend catching on? Dont guys have any self respect or are they plain despo to spend time with girls? I am a guy and I hate and stay away from these girls. Would like to see comments from the community (both guys and girls) on what they feel about this... Your take on this issue... :twisted:

kannannn
14th May 2007, 01:46 AM
Romba naala onnum proyojanama discussion nadakkalayennu paarthen. A big thanks to the author of this thread :clap: .

Wibha
14th May 2007, 01:48 AM
:thumbsup: :lol:

littlemaster1982
14th May 2007, 12:51 PM
Pandabear, Welcome to the Hub.

Great post to start with :thumbsup:

madhu
14th May 2007, 01:01 PM
ennada nadakkudhu ingE ? :confused2:

madhu
14th May 2007, 01:01 PM

:notthatway:

idhu thamizh "dA" alla... bengAli-yil sollum respectful "dA" :noteeth:

crazy
14th May 2007, 01:59 PM
:lol:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 02:14 PM
Well, as much as we guys keep calling our friends - 'dai', 'mappille', 'machan', 'maama', etc

If you pay close attention, Girls address each other as
'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,
'ya' - What ya, okay ya, etc!
'babe' - hi babe, wassup babe?', etc - to sound more 'hip'
'da' - it has become common between gals as well', etc..

Now between the Sexes, Guys generally avoid such 'tags' to address the gal while most of the gals have jumped into the 'da' - bandwagon (to call both gals/guys) as they can relate to the 'guy-talks' flying around them while most of us (guys) don't pay much attention to 'gal-talks'.

Roshan
14th May 2007, 02:16 PM

idhu thamizh "dA" alla... bengAli-yil sollum respectful "dA" :noteeth:

Madhu,

athukku sariyAna meaning ennAnnu solla mudiyumA? I dont know Bengali :(

Nakeeran
14th May 2007, 02:26 PM
Enna Roshan

Adhu DADA vil varum DA ! Means highly respected person . Enna Madhu coreetaa ?

Ok, to the topic. Its common now that girls address their men with Da ( more as to show their fondness may be ).
Di is generally considered disrespectful to address a woman by a man. That shows the male superiority IMO.

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 02:37 PM
Di is generally considered disrespectful to address a woman by a man. That shows the male superiority IMO.

Male superiority prevailing over generations ascribed by various external factors.

Now that is an interesting topic by itself, Male superiority was(is) deep - Both omipresent and omnipotent, So every action will have some implication towards female degradation, although the action itself isn't intended to be that way. So expect more scrutinizing, I say.

Roshan
14th May 2007, 02:38 PM
Thank Nakkeeran for clarifying :)

What ever it is - I have not (even during school days) and dont address my male or female friends - using da or di, however close they are :)

Roshan
14th May 2007, 02:40 PM
Now that is an interesting topic by itself, Male superiority was(is) deep - Both omipresent and omnipotent, So every action will have some implication towards female degradation, although the action itself isn't intended to be that way. So expect more scrutinizing, I say.

True !

Nakeeran
14th May 2007, 02:56 PM

What ever it is - I have not (even during school days) and dont address my male or female friends - using da or di, however close they are :)

Well Roshan , its bcaz of the evolution . As the generation changes, new habits, culture, practices evolve which puts to rest the old .

For instance, if you watch the movies of the 50s and 60s, the heroene will be virtually worshipping the hero , by falling at his feet .
Frequently addressing him as en thalaivan , en iraivan etc .
Now the same lyricist may write it as an just avan , dai , daa etc.

Kandapadi kattipudidaa song is one such classic example

Roshan
14th May 2007, 03:09 PM

Well Roshan , its bcaz of the evolution . As the generation changes, new habits, culture, practices evolve which puts to rest the old .

For instance, if you watch the movies of the 50s and 60s, the heroene will be virtually worshipping the hero , by falling at his feet .
Frequently addressing him as en thalaivan , en iraivan etc .
Now the same lyricist may write it as an just avan , dai , daa etc.

Kandapadi kattipudidaa song is one such classic example

Nakeeran - enna naan pOna generation aaLnu nenekkireengaLaa :lol:

Everyone in my friends circle - have this habit of calling di, da except a few. But I dont know for some reason I dont feel comfortable with that - so i do refrain and as result others refrain from addressing me with da or di.

Having said that - I dont even address my own brother or sisters - with da and di. So I think it's a matter of habit than trend, fashion etc.

crazy
14th May 2007, 03:12 PM
I never address any male Da .....other than my brothers, and that is only when we r fighting

Di ...i always address my girl/ female friends that way :)

Da'vo Di'o avanga avanga ishtham........pasanga da pottu koopida vituvathaal thaane ponnunga da poduraanga :roll:

Anoushka
14th May 2007, 03:12 PM
I should say I do address all my thambis as "da" but that is reserved only for my own brother and cousins who grew up under my care (as good as my own children). But I am trying to reduce using that as well as all of them are grown up now and I have a feeling that they might be embarrased if I address them that way in front of their friends!

As for using "di" I do not use that with anyone!

Roshan
14th May 2007, 03:19 PM

Anou :)

Thirumaran
14th May 2007, 03:29 PM

Have u never used the term VaayaDI :mrgreen:

Anoushka
14th May 2007, 04:05 PM

Have u never used the term VaayaDI :mrgreen: Thiru, andha term use paNNurathu illayE! :)

Thirumaran
14th May 2007, 04:21 PM
Thiru, andha term use paNNurathu illayE! :)

Just for Fun, Anou :P

Nakeeran
14th May 2007, 04:30 PM
Anoushka

Atleast DAvinci Code ... .eppadi solveenga.

he he

Anoushka
14th May 2007, 05:13 PM
nakeeran :lol: Davinci code-ai davinci code endru thaan solvEn, vinci "da" code endru sollamaatEn :)

thamizhvaanan
14th May 2007, 05:17 PM
:thumbsup: :lol:hey arshu... why dont u give ur explanation rather than laughing meaninglessly :twisted:

MADDY
14th May 2007, 05:20 PM
:thumbsup: :lol:hey arshu... why dont u give ur explanation rather than laughing meaninglessly :twisted:

cos she tells that "da is legal and di is illegal" ...... :rotfl:

shobana_in
14th May 2007, 05:27 PM
in this day and age what is this world coming to

girls calling boys da is OK if the boy feels OK

-THIMURU

Hulkster
14th May 2007, 08:01 PM
If you really ask me..calling da or di is no wrong...it is just communication terms....it only depends on how the people perceive the statement...if they dunt like the sound of it they will feel insulted..if not they will move on normally..but in reality it is a pin-sized matter...it cant even be considered a issue.

This seems to be a personally conceived matter rather than that of general relevance..more of feelings and an a opinion rather than how it affects the surrounding people....if we just take the da or di as a fun/friendly style of mixing together we wunt even feel disgusted by it...in fact there are friends who address each other with bad names in a fun and figurative way..i guess this is just a case of an individual not being able to take it in a fun way of communication :D

Sanguine Sridhar
14th May 2007, 09:02 PM
well what to say, super thread! :lol2:

andha 'da' ku prechana illana..di andha 'da'-va ... 'da'-ne koopdalam! 8-)

andha 'da'ku thanna da-nu koopduradhu pudikalana moonjukku nera solidalam! :yes:

da-nu koopdra andha 'di' konjam super figure-na pasanga gammunu thaan irrupaanunga... --> Idhu oru exception! :mrgreen:

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:09 PM
Soooper thread :lol:

Da -- If that girl is really close with me, I would not mind at all.

(Among guys)vaanga sir, epdi irukkinga-nu solrathukkum, machi epdida irukka-kkum enna vithiyAsam? adhE dhaan oru ponnu oru payyana, vaanga class-kku pOgalaam-nu solRathukkum, class-kku pOgalAm vAdA-nu solradhukkum viththiyaasam.

Da is extremely essential for friendship, between both the sexes. It is not derogatory at all :P

maithree
14th May 2007, 09:11 PM
Bloddy Donjenje Double Standards! :angry2: they call us Da all the time, and I called one Di and she acted like I was trying to steal $20 from her purse!! :banghead:

So still, Wibho is the only girl I can call DI and still get away with! :lol2:

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:13 PM
Da sounds cute, Di does not.

Girls can call boys with the suffix da. It will not sound odd. Can any of you guys add the suffix di while addressing your male friends?? :rotfl:

villan007
14th May 2007, 09:15 PM
:roll:

maithree
14th May 2007, 09:17 PM
Va di Villa! 8-)

kannannn
14th May 2007, 09:17 PM
Can any of you guys add the suffix di while addressing your male friends??
Yen, nambalum chellama "Vaadi, irukku onakku"-nnu solradhillaya?

Sanguine Sridhar
14th May 2007, 09:18 PM

Point!! Ukkandhu yosipinga pola!! :lol:

villan007
14th May 2007, 09:19 PM
Va di Villa! 8-)

:shock: :x

maithree
14th May 2007, 09:21 PM
Va di Villa! 8-)

:shock: :x

:lol: Yeah that sounds too awkward. I'm gonna stick with "man" or "machi"

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:21 PM
Da sounds cute, Di does not.

Girls can call boys with the suffix da. It will not sound odd. Can any of you guys add the suffix di while addressing your male friends?? :rotfl:

Adha daan naa appove sonnaen.. Maybe indirectly when I said gals pick on the 'tags' that Guys use. I agree that none of the friendly tags are derogatory but as I said before, people would create noise in vacuum!

Nerd,

Are the foll. words substitute for da/di in English?? :p

'dude' for 'da' and 'babe' for 'di'????

maithree
14th May 2007, 09:23 PM

Dude is Da.

Babe is "Ur Hot"

So when someone says "Wassup Babe" they're saying, "Wassup...ur hot."

I don't think an ugly girl has ever been called a babe. :confused2:

kannannn
14th May 2007, 09:24 PM
Point!! Ukkandhu yosipinga pola!! :lol:
opice-la vera enna velai? :lol:

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:24 PM

adhu kalaaikkiRathukku kannan :lol:

generally speaking, vaadi namba movie pOlam-nA solluveenga. ingeyE paarunga villan tension aayittaaru :rotfl:

Thilak, sema point. ponnunga saga ponnungaLa dude pottu koopiduRAnga, babe pOttu koopiduRAnga. Let me try:

Hi villan babe, whats up :lol2:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:26 PM

Dude is Da.

Babe is "Ur Hot"

So when someone says "Wassup Babe" they're saying, "Wassup...ur hot."

I don't think an ugly girl has ever been called a babe. :confused2:

then what for 'di'?

I've heard some of my friends (gals) addressing themselves as 'babe' in spite of looks? Has it become that way?

Anyway, whats 'di' in English?

villan007
14th May 2007, 09:27 PM

right , next-u meet panren :irked:

kannannn
14th May 2007, 09:28 PM
Nerd, adhuvum saridhaan :lol: Yaaraiyaavadhu pagaichikkanumnna appadi koopdalam. Thilak, girls addressing themselves as 'babe'? Idhu enna pudhu kadhai? :shock:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:29 PM
Thilak, sema point. ponnunga saga ponnungaLa dude pottu koopiduRAnga, babe pOttu koopiduRAnga. Let me try:

:rotfl:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:30 PM
Nerd, adhuvum saridhaan :lol: Yaaraiyaavadhu pagaichikkanumnna appadi koopdalam. Thilak, girls addressing themselves as 'babe'? Idhu enna pudhu kadhai? :shock:

Seriously. I thought it was the case everywhere. :?

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:32 PM

kannan, you are probably too old for all this :lol2:

It has been happening for the past 3-4 years, I guess. ellAm ultra-modern ponnungaLAm :lol: USA and other western countries-la OK, theynampettai-lErunthu varra ponnungaLLAm babe use panna aarambichuttAnga :cry:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 09:32 PM
Bloddy Donjenje Double Standards! :angry2: they call us Da all the time, and I called one Di and she acted like I was trying to steal $20 from her purse!! :banghead:

So still, Wibho is the only girl I can call DI and still get away with! :lol2:

ada paavi :hammer: :hammer: i never allowed u to put DI :hammer: :angry2:

thamizhvaanan
14th May 2007, 09:35 PM
It may be arrogant to call girls "di" but its cute to call them "da" ... like hi da, saaptiya :lol:

My friend uses this technique so that his dad wont know that he is talkin to a gal :lol2:

crazy
14th May 2007, 09:36 PM
I dont know why, but if my annas says Di to me, i get mad :oops:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 09:36 PM

solrean iru :evil:

i use DA to most my close frnds..........and my cuz brothers......................i use it to some ppl wen dey put DI to me................:hammer: :hammer:

DA is a more friendly,down to earth word...DI sounds more disrespectful :x

kannannn
14th May 2007, 09:37 PM

:cry: :cry: truth hurts.. the only touch I have with what's happening in the current generation is through movies. Innum pudhu padangal paarkanum..

It has been happening for the past 3-4 years, I guess. ellAm ultra-modern ponnungaLAm :lol: USA and other western countries-la OK, theynampettai-lErunthu varra ponnungaLLAm babe use panna aarambichuttAnga :cry:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

crazy
14th May 2007, 09:38 PM

solrean iru :evil:

i use DA to most my close frnds..........and my cuz brothers......................i use it to some ppl wen dey put DI to me................:hammer: :hammer:

DA is a more friendly,down to earth word...DI sounds more disrespectful :x

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 09:38 PM
Nerd gaaru , do u call anni as da or di?? :lol2:

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:40 PM

Strictly, no digressions allowed here :twisted:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:42 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :exactly:

And some of 'em say it with a fake accent - For some reason, I don't speak in Englepees with any girls - Either they would assume I am a Peter or they would think I am flirting - No Englepees, strictly!!!!

Wibha
14th May 2007, 09:42 PM

:lol: not just u :P

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 09:43 PM
:exactly: Machi

:rotfl: :rotfl: :exactly:

And some of 'em say it with a fake accent - For the same reason, I don't speak in Englepees with any girls - Either they would assume I am a Peter or they would think I am flirting - No Englepees, strictly!!!!

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 09:44 PM
:twisted:

Strictly, no digressions allowed here :twisted:

crazy
14th May 2007, 09:45 PM

:lol: not just u :P

wibha, thats not my fault actually
my annas let me say da.........so i say da :)
avangalukku pidichi iruppathaal thaane da solla vituraanga :D

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:45 PM
And some of 'em say it with a fake accent - For some reason, I don't speak in Englepees with any girls - Either they would assume I am a Peter or they would think I am flirting - No Englepees, strictly!!!!

But there is a disadvantage :lol2:

Hey that thilak dude can't speak english, ya

ya ya

:rotfl: Just kidding.

Wibha
14th May 2007, 09:46 PM

ya ya

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:48 PM

ya ya

Cha cha..you're not. One day, there was some discussion about condescension of non-English speakers. I spoke in English to prove a point :lol:

But later, a friend (gal) : I always thought you can't speak half-decent English.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 09:49 PM
Girls :rotfl: :rotfl: :banghead:

ya ya

Cha cha..you're not. One day, there was some discussion about condescension of non-English speakers. I spoke in English to prove a point :lol:

But later, a friend (gal) : I always thought you can't speak half-decent English.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

crazy
14th May 2007, 09:50 PM
:lol: :oops: :roll:

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:50 PM

only a FEW girls are peter (Mary :lol2: )

Wibha
14th May 2007, 09:51 PM

:x

crazy
14th May 2007, 09:51 PM

:exactly:

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 09:52 PM
jk :P

:x

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:54 PM

Yeah, I agree too. Thats why I said 'a friend'. Not generalizing 'everyone'. Even Feddy didn't mean that way.

But this supposedly 'hip' culture is catching up in Indian metros. This is both good and bad. This Englepees thingy isn't bad but just that, sometimes it irks the heck out of you! :evil:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 09:56 PM
Well, as much as we guys keep calling our friends - 'dai', 'mappille', 'machan', 'maama', etc

'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

Now between the Sexes, Guys generally avoid such 'tags' to address the gal while most of the gals have jumped into the 'da' - bandwagon (to call both gals/guys) as they can relate to the 'guy-talks' flying around them while most of us (guys) don't pay much attention to 'gal-talks'.

:lol: :yes: but v never use babe a lot while talking to another girl

crazy
14th May 2007, 09:56 PM
hayya........enakku English pesa theriyaathu :oops: :ashamed:

thamizhvaanan
14th May 2007, 09:57 PM

ya ya

Nerd
14th May 2007, 09:58 PM
[b]If you pay close attention, Girls address each other as
'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

Out of all this, IMHO ya is the most irritating :twisted:

But nothing is as irritating as chEran suffixing da with each and every word he says to navya :banghead:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 09:59 PM
'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

But nothing is as irritating as chEran suffixing da with each and every word he says to navya :banghead:

:exactly: :banghead: :banghead:

thamizhvaanan
14th May 2007, 09:59 PM

'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

:lol: :yes: but v never use babe a lot while talking to another girl:x he is talking abt gals.. nee edhukku nadula vara ? :evil:

Maybe thilak is correct... i dunno. I never listen (eavesdrop) on gals discussions.... they are so boring :banghead: :lol2:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:00 PM
'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 10:00 PM

'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

:lol: :yes: but v never use babe a lot while talking to another girl:x he is talking abt gals.. nee edhukku nadula vara ? :evil:

I never listen (eavesdrop) on gals discussions.... they are so boring :banghead:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:03 PM

'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

I never listen (eavesdrop) on gals discussions.... they are so boring :banghead:

i thought someone PAGES ago told me to tell da reason i put da :hammer: in 2 pages i never new a girl will change :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: AF :hammer: :hammer:

look who's talking bout boring conversations..............r's are better dhan guys conversations :banghead:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 10:04 PM

'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

Maybe thilak is correct... i dunno. I never listen (eavesdrop) on gals discussions.... they are so boring :banghead: :lol2:

But seriously, you don't have to eavesdrop, because most of the time, some unique gals in the group do the talking among themselves, about everything from their attire to what colour was the soap dabba they bought from T-nagar the previous day!!! :banghead:

But even though there are few irritations, they are very good friends.

Talkin' about having friends who are gals, I don't know how people have blabbermouths as girlfriends!!!!! No offense meant. Could be the same for gals who have such bfs!!!

villan007
14th May 2007, 10:05 PM
hayyo hayyo :lol2:

crazy
wibha :rotfl:

ajithfederer
Machi ungalukku neraya vishayam therinjirukku :lol2:

'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

But seriously, you don't have to eavesdrop, because most of the time, some unique gals in the group do the talking among themselves, about everything from their attire to what colour was the soap dabba they bought from T-nagar the previous day!!! :banghead:

Talkin' about having friends who are gals, I don't know how people have blabbermouths as girlfriends!!!!! No offense meant. Could be the same for gals who have such bfs!!!

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:08 PM

'di',
'pa' - yaen pa varalla?,

all guys talk bout is cinema,sports,cars,bikes................. if a girl joins u,u call her a tomboy :banghead: forever cinema cinema cinema or v girls ;)

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 10:10 PM

Feddy, nambA group appidi. NerayA unique and different kinds of interaction has become mandatory !!! :D

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 10:13 PM
all guys talk bout is cinema,sports,cars,bikes................. if a girl joins u,u call her a tomboy :banghead: forever cinema cinema cinema or v girls ;)

Adhu seri, Naanga appidi koopida maattOm. I've never used the term 'tomboy' - Seriously! And almost every girl in the group have a say over cinema or anything under the sun - I do agree that some people's taste is unique as well :lol:

thamizhvaanan
14th May 2007, 10:15 PM
forever cinema cinema cinema or v girls ;):rotfl: nenappu thaan :lol2:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 10:17 PM

:lol: :rotfl:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:18 PM

it's da FACT :hammer: :banghead:

maithree
14th May 2007, 10:19 PM
all guys talk bout is cinema,sports,cars,bikes................. if a girl joins u,u call her a tomboy

R u denying the fact that ur a tomboy? :shock:

thamizhvaanan
14th May 2007, 10:22 PM
all guys talk bout is cinema,sports,cars,bikes................. if a girl joins u,u call her a tomboy R u denying the fact that ur a tomboy? :shock::lol: true... if being there in guyz' MSN conferences always, counts :lol2:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:23 PM
all guys talk bout is cinema,sports,cars,bikes................. if a girl joins u,u call her a tomboy

R u denying the fact that ur a tomboy? :shock:

:banghead: no i'm not............ i meant on behalf of the girls who don't like to be called tomboys

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:24 PM
all guys talk bout is cinema,sports,cars,bikes................. if a girl joins u,u call her a tomboy R u denying the fact that ur a tomboy? :shock::lol: true... if being there in guyz' MSN conferences always, counts :lol2:

who adds me in the conference :huh: :angry2:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 10:28 PM

who adds me in the conference :huh: :angry2:

Kanungala yenna pesukiringa!!! :evil:

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 10:31 PM
:notworthy:

Feddy, nambA group appidi. NerayA unique and different kinds of interaction has become mandatory !!! :D

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 10:32 PM
Maami :rotfl:

thamizhvaanan
14th May 2007, 10:33 PM
:lol: true... if being there in guyz' MSN conferences always, counts :lol2:

who adds me in the conference :huh: :angry2:edho oru sadhigaran :banghead:
avan mattum en kaila kidachaan :curse: :hammer:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:34 PM
:lol: true... if being there in guyz' MSN conferences always, counts :lol2:

who adds me in the conference :huh: :angry2:edho oru sadhigaran :banghead:
avan mattum en kaila kidachaan :curse: :hammer:

uneyea nee :hammer: panipeya? or will u :hammer: ur frnds? :poke:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:35 PM

:x enna sirippu?

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 10:36 PM
ellarum ungalai nanna kindal panraal adhaan siriipu :noteeth:

Roshan
14th May 2007, 10:37 PM

:lol: AyyO dont remind - Chance-E illa to tolerate those kinds . thoorathula pArtha udanE OdiduvOm :lol:

Wibha
14th May 2007, 10:39 PM

pasanga :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hammer: :hammer:

villan007
14th May 2007, 10:40 PM
freeya vudunga maami :cool:

Roshan
14th May 2007, 10:40 PM

haha Feddy :rotfl:

thilak4life
14th May 2007, 10:45 PM

:lol: AyyO dont remind - Chance-E illa to tolerate those kinds . thoorathula pArtha udanE OdiduvOm :lol:

tvsankar
14th May 2007, 11:42 PM
Ennoda period la girls boys kuda pesaradhae thappu.Appadiyae pesinalum closea pazhaga kudadhu.
(Co Education aga irundhalum)

En son ippo +2 padikaran.Ivan period la ippo idahi pakkiren.

Avanai, Avan Girl friends Da enru solvargal.(Indha Girls pechil soft aga Da sollgirargal.)

En paiyanum avan Girl friends ai Di solli than kupidvan (Avargal style layae Soft aga Di solvan.Anal mudhalil sandaiku vnadhargal.Di solladhae enru.IVan sonnan - Nee da sonna naan di solven enru)

ajithfederer
14th May 2007, 11:45 PM
good mom and dad :P
serthutein :)

Ennoda period la girls boys kuda pesaradhae thappu.Appadiyae pesinalum closea pazhaga kudadhu.
(Co Education aga irundhalum)

En son ippo +2 padikaran.Ivan period la ippo idahi pakkiren.

Avanai, Avan Girl friends Da enru solvargal.(Indha Girls pechil soft aga Da sollgirargal.)

En paiyanum avan Girl friends ai Di solli than kupidvan (Avargal style layae Soft aga Di solvan.Anal mudhalil sandaiku vnadhargal.Di solladhae enru.IVan sonnan - Nee da sonna naan di solven enru)

crazy
14th May 2007, 11:51 PM
:)

tvsankar
15th May 2007, 12:43 AM
Dear ajithfederer,

Good dad mattum illae.Good mum aiyum serthukonga. :)

rachel
15th May 2007, 03:33 AM
:lol: :banghead: :lol:

hi
15th May 2007, 08:14 AM
I dont like when guys use "di" sounds.. male dominance :x

but when they/we use "da" it's cute :P

tvsankar
15th May 2007, 09:49 AM
I dont like when guys use "di" sounds.. male dominance :x

but when they/we use "da" it's cute :P - appo idharku per enna? Female dominance ? :roll: - i feel like that. But en sonoda girl friends ku avan solra di pidichu iruku ... :lol:

shobana_in
15th May 2007, 10:53 AM
nerd.......using di for boys is weird ofcourse...

but kavundamani has used it!

vadi parthasarathy :lol:

crazy
15th May 2007, 10:54 AM
- appo idharku per enna? Female dominance ? :roll: - i feel like that. But en sonoda girl friends ku avan solra di pidichu iruku ... :lol:

so simple, pidichirundha da/ di pottu koopitadum, pidikkalana........da/di pottu koopitaathe'nu sollitta pocchu :)

ithulla yenna irukku?!

swathy
15th May 2007, 10:58 AM
so simple, pidichirundha da/ di pottu koopitadum, pidikkalana........da/di pottu koopitaathe'nu sollitta pocchu :)

ithulla yenna irukku?!

adhane :roll: :wink: :D

tvsankar
15th May 2007, 11:42 AM
adhanae - apparama enna - male dominence?

hi
15th May 2007, 11:57 AM
adhanae - apparama enna - male dominence?

:lol: anyway it depends on each individual.. personally i dont like when sumone use "di"

crazy,
:D

selvakumar
15th May 2007, 02:51 PM
This thread just reminds me the conversation b/w Rajini & Radha in "Raajaaathy Raja"

Rajini : EMAAAA !!

Radha : No response

Rajini : Engaaa ...

Rajini: AenDI ? :rotfl:

Radha : :angry2: :rotfl:

P.S: ella pasangalum DI podunga... appo thaan INTIMACY jaasthi aagum :lol2:

Raghu
15th May 2007, 02:59 PM
Romba naala onnum proyojanama discussion nadakkalayennu paarthen. A big thanks to the author of this thread :clap: .

Kannan, :rotfl:

Raghu
15th May 2007, 03:01 PM

thalaiva pinteenga :rotfl:

Raghu
15th May 2007, 03:06 PM
Enna Roshan

oh athukuthaan Mithun Chakaraborti , Sourav Ganguly ya ellam DADA nu koopiduvangala :roll:

crazy
15th May 2007, 03:17 PM

dsath
15th May 2007, 03:26 PM
9 pages in 2 days !!!!!!!!!! bale CCku sariyana potti.

Anoushka
15th May 2007, 03:28 PM
Enna Roshan

oh athukuthaan Mithun Chakaraborti , Sourav Ganguly ya ellam DADA nu koopiduvangala :roll: adhE... adhE :)

thilak4life
15th May 2007, 03:41 PM

This thread just reminds me the conversation b/w Rajini & Radha in "Raajaaathy Raja"

Rajini : EMAAAA !!

Rajini : Engaaa ...

:rotfl: :clap:

swathy
15th May 2007, 04:13 PM
DI :twisted:

DA :D

I don't like guys calling me DI . DA is ok

I use DA only with guys younger than me and ppl who are very close to me.

tvsankar
15th May 2007, 07:10 PM
Oru Di solradhuku boys ku urimai illaiya?

I hate female chavanism........... :banghead:
ADhu enna - ponnunga mattum da sollalam? Pasanga kettukanam?

idhu friends kite mattum illai. HUsband and Wife relationship lum indha female chavanism .... I hate it.

Raghu
15th May 2007, 07:42 PM

idhu friends kite mattum illai. HUsband and Wife relationship lum indha female chavanism .... I hate it.

Wibha
15th May 2007, 08:05 PM

female chavanism ean irukka koodadhu? :huh:

tvsankar
15th May 2007, 08:12 PM
Dear Wibha,
Ungaluku female chavanism pidichu iruka? Enjoy.

Sila vishayangal sila per seinja nalla irukadhu.

indha Da vishayam Betewen Husband and Wife -

Indha Wife ammava agum podhum Da nu kupta - avanga kid um appa vai Da sollum.

Yenna Amma dhan ulagathai uravai relationship ai kaati kodukanam and kathu kodukanam.

Adhanal sila vishayangalil Female chavanism kekka and pakka nanna irukadhu. Idhu en feelings.Thats all.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

pavalamani pragasam
15th May 2007, 08:26 PM

thamizhvaanan
15th May 2007, 08:38 PM

aangalukku irukkra paranda manapanmai ponnugalukku illai :cry:

:lol2:

crazy
15th May 2007, 08:58 PM

:notthatway: thaaraalama Di sollittu pogattum :)

Ellam pasanga thappu akka. Pasanga mattum Da sollathennu solli iruntha, yendha ponnum Da pottu pesaathu (i guess so) :roll:

Wibha
15th May 2007, 09:23 PM

aangalukku irukkra paranda manapanmai ponnugalukku illai :cry:

:banghead:

TVS:- i agree with you when it comes to husband and wife..........

but otherwise :twisted:

Wibha
15th May 2007, 09:24 PM

Ellam pasanga thappu akka. Pasanga mattum Da sollathennu solli iruntha, yendha ponnum Da pottu pesaathu (i guess so) :roll:

:exactly: :yes:

Lambretta
15th May 2007, 10:11 PM
Ha! I DARE ne girl younger than me to call me DA! MWAA HAHAHA!! :twisted: :devil:
U jus try, whoever u r, unak'iruku DEE!! JAGARTHAI! :evil:

J/K

:poke: @ girls!
:lol: :rotfl:

tvsankar
15th May 2007, 10:18 PM
Lambi,
Ennagareenga? Romba Dhairiyam dhan.......... :lol:

thappu right garadhu issue illai.

Piriyama solra varthaigal within the level - edhuvum nanraga irukum.Edhuvum limit thandinal - konjam nanraga irukadhu.Thats all.

thamizhvaanan
15th May 2007, 10:18 PM
TVS:- i agree with you when it comes to husband and wife..........

but otherwise :twisted: otherwise you have a mistaken notion :poke:

Lambretta
15th May 2007, 10:19 PM
TV,
:lol: :exactly:

PS- Ebbidi'keerai? :D

tvsankar
15th May 2007, 10:21 PM
Dear friends,
Thanks for the nice responses. (Manasila konjam bayam.Thappa indha thread ku vandhutamo nu.Bayam seri achu... He He He..)

crazy
15th May 2007, 10:23 PM
:)

Lambretta
15th May 2007, 10:23 PM
Lambi,
:ty: :lol:
Ennavo........ippidi post pannanum-nu thonithu....:P :D

thamizhvaanan
15th May 2007, 10:28 PM
Lamby ... naan sooopera keeren.. :twisted:

come to CC :D

Wibha
15th May 2007, 10:29 PM
Lambi,
:ty: :lol:
Ennavo........ippidi post pannanum-nu thonithu....:P :D

ungalukku iruku :poke:

Lambretta
15th May 2007, 11:11 PM
Nyanyaninyahnyah :poke: :boo: :2thumbsup: :lol:

Wibha
15th May 2007, 11:12 PM
Nyanyaninyahnyah :poke: :boo: :2thumbsup: :lol:

:confused2:

Lambretta
15th May 2007, 11:22 PM
Ha! Gotcha! :2thumbsup: :froggrin:

/DIG :yessir:

Wibha
15th May 2007, 11:23 PM

kadavulea :banghead: :banghead: :arrow:

ajithfederer
16th May 2007, 12:17 AM
Avarayavathu freeaa vidunga maami :yessir:

kadavulea :banghead: :banghead: :arrow:

kb
16th May 2007, 02:28 AM
naan unnaiye da potu koopitaal uravu koodum allava..

naan unnaiye di potu koopitaal urimai koodum allava :oops: :oops:

i generally dont like this da's and di's..
kalyanam aanapram husband and wife-na it will be more meaningful :lol: :lol:

rachel
16th May 2007, 03:13 AM

Lambretta
16th May 2007, 10:05 AM
:roll:

podalangai
16th May 2007, 09:53 PM
Are people here familiar with the "ela" / "elai" type of address which is used in some parts of Tamil Nadu? How comfortable are you using that with members of the opposite sex? :)

Lambretta
16th May 2007, 11:02 PM
Are people here familiar with the "ela" / "elai" type of address which is used in some parts of Tamil Nadu? How comfortable are you using that with members of the opposite sex? :)
:?
ela/elai-na leaf illeyo? :confused2: :lol2:

podalangai
16th May 2007, 11:21 PM
ela/elai-na leaf illeyo? :confused2: :lol2:
:lol: :rotfl2: :notworthy:

kb
16th May 2007, 11:56 PM

i use this to address my friends when i was in india..

but if u use it in front of girls.. it always ends as a joke and they start laughing..

tirunelveli slang always has the gethu and egathaalam effect..

elaai enna look-u... solromilla :)

ssanjinika
17th May 2007, 06:58 AM
Romba naal-kku aparam hub ule etti pathen. Ella topic-um romba yosikavekaramadiri errundadhu...eppo post pannarathu kashtam-nnu nenaichu pogalam errunden. Then I saw this thread :lol:
Total vetti thread :wink:

ssanjinika
17th May 2007, 07:00 AM
BTW I always thought (assumed) that DA was someform of chella attachment. Guys also call their girlfriends da right?

RC
17th May 2007, 07:10 AM
makkaL romba serious-aa discuss-ittu irukkaanga...neenga maasathukku oru thadava etti paathuttu, vetti thread-nu solreenga? :evil:

ssanjinika
17th May 2007, 07:17 AM
Romba seriousA eppadi vetti threads create panarathu-nnu yosikaranga pola RC :D

Lambretta
17th May 2007, 09:42 AM
BTW I always thought (assumed) that DA was someform of chella attachment. Guys also call their girlfriends da right?
I donno bout GF/BF relationships...:roll:
But I found some husbands call their wives as such....like enna da chellam...... :)

dsath
17th May 2007, 02:40 PM
i use this to address my friends when i was in india..

but if u use it in front of girls.. it always ends as a joke and they start laughing..

tirunelveli slang always has the gethu and egathaalam effect..

elaai enna look-u... solromilla :)

Its sort of sweet when i hear them speak like that. My cousins who live in Tirunelveli use that slang and i find it nice, but then again they are boys and don't call a girl elaai.

Anoushka
17th May 2007, 03:03 PM
podalai: I've used "ela" with my own brother and no one else... specially when we spend a month or two on holidays in Tirunelveli and come back, I'd use it till the effect wears off :lol:

My Mom still uses "ela" with my brother....

podalangai
17th May 2007, 06:23 PM
Its sort of sweet when i hear them speak like that. My cousins who live in Tirunelveli use that slang and i find it nice, but then again they are boys and don't call a girl elaai.

It isn't just slang. Andal uses it in Thiruppavai ("Ella ilangkiliye innam urangudhiyo.."). :) I don't think it is at all common to use it with persons of the opposite sex, other than siblings, cousins, and perhaps spouses. That was why I asked - it is an interesting contrast with "da".

dsath
18th May 2007, 01:47 AM
It isn't just slang. Andal uses it in Thiruppavai ("Ella ilangkiliye innam urangudhiyo.."). :) I don't think it is at all common to use it with persons of the opposite sex, other than siblings, cousins, and perhaps spouses. That was why I asked - it is an interesting contrast with "da".
Oh, i didn't know that Andal used it. Thanks for the info Podalangai. :)
In Triunelveli my cousins speak among themselves with le at the end, like 'enle eppadi irruke'. In Madurai they use elai as 'elai eppadi irruke'. My grandma used to address all her younger sons as elai and only in anger she would address women as ela.

temporary sori-Observer
18th May 2007, 07:51 AM
[tscii:22788d1227]Å¡¦ÅýÚõ, §À¡¦ÅýÚõ ¯¨Éô §Àº §ÅñÎõ
¯¨Éô §Àº §ÅñÎõ.
À¡¨Å ¯ý Ó¸õ À¡÷òÐ '¼¡ §À¡¼' §ÅñÎõ
¼¡ §À¡¼ §ÅñÎõ.
¿¢¨ÉÅ¡Öõ, ¦ºÂÄ¡Öõ þ¨½Â¡¸ §ÅñÎõ
þ¨½Â¡¸ §ÅñÎõ.
Á⡨¾ ¾Õ¸¢ýÈ ¿¢¨Ä Á¡È§ÅñÎõ.
¿¢¨ÄÁ¡È §ÅñÎõ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbKrjDthsE
[/tscii:22788d1227]

thamizhvaanan
18th May 2007, 07:59 AM

<digr>
hi TSO, eppadi irukeenga
LTNS :fishgrin:
</digr>

temporary sori-Observer
18th May 2007, 08:17 AM
TV :fishgrin:

kb
18th May 2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q09Anf1S-Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-bu_pUX9Yw

:oops: :oops:

RC
19th May 2007, 12:25 AM
inga thinnEli kaaranga romba peru irukkaanga-nu theriyudhullA !

Two of my brother-in-laws are from tirunelveli and I used to make fun of them talking(/trying to talk) to them like this.

Anoushka
19th May 2007, 01:55 AM
RC: thinevEli karavahugha kita vambu vachukatheeha, appuram aruva eduthuduthu vandhuruvOmla :lol:

Raghu
21st May 2007, 02:51 PM
intha da - di ella maana piraichanai pola iruku

Raghu
21st May 2007, 02:53 PM
Questionof the day-

athu en namma Prakash raj Ghillie padathila, trisha-va paathu,

nee en chellam -DA -nu solurau, should it not be chellam DE?

crazy
21st May 2007, 04:41 PM
romba mukkiyam? :?

madhu
21st May 2007, 05:34 PM
romba mukkiyam? :?

edhu ? :confused2:

crazy
21st May 2007, 05:37 PM
raghu question'a sonnen :)

Braandan
25th May 2007, 05:51 AM
I though that "Da" is the first syllable for "Darling" and "Di" is the first syllable for "Dear". Would anybody who studied all sanga kaalathu Tamizh make sure whether the syllables were used in addressing before the Britishers came to India?

Hulkster
25th May 2007, 08:09 AM
I though that "Da" is the first syllable for "Darling" and "Di" is the first syllable for "Dear". Would anybody who studied all sanga kaalathu Tamizh make sure whether the syllables were used in addressing before the Britishers came to India?

finally after 12 pages the topic becomes a serious one from a vetti one :lol2:

I think it might be coincidence as possible the da or di might have come as a result of slang or as a sort of "adding word"...like if we address someone our tongue somehow feels comfortable after adding a "comfortable" word at the end..i feel this is one of them...and if it is true that it is darling and dear then the british have to credit us in the origins of the darling and dear syllables :evil:

selvakumar
25th May 2007, 12:41 PM
Braandan,
YOu mean to say if I address a girl as "Aendi", then it means "Aen Dear" :?
If that is the case, alteast few of them should tolerate this way of addressing na :?

Shakthiprabha.
25th May 2007, 10:23 PM
oKEI Here is my personal view.

Da / Di is same (Its not that one is cute and other is arrogance)

I basically believe

* WHEN USED between husband and wife (WHEN THEY ARE alone or with themselves at some fond moments) adds to the cuteness of the word :roll:

* When u are very close to some friends (irrespective of gender) WE CAN use da/di if the other person does not have problem with it

* whatever be the case, DO NOT USE IT, amidst 3rd person, WHERE THE RESPECT OF EITHER U OR THE OTHER PERSON may go down, because of such usage.

Wibha
26th May 2007, 05:31 AM
Braandan,
If that is the case, alteast few of them should tolerate this way of addressing na :?

:lol: :lol:

SP akka :cool:

Tia
2nd June 2007, 04:56 AM
omg "da" is such a frendly way to call a boy...as in close m8 o brother o woteva....or "da" could mean sumthign when sum1 is annoyed....

its just a more casual way to call someone that you know welll....

Lambretta
17th June 2007, 11:47 PM
Braandan,
'hope my wife wud accept this! J/K :P :lol: :lol2:

Aside, 'da chellam' is also used by (some :roll:) men while addressing their wives....

Wibha
17th June 2007, 11:55 PM
Braandan,

Aside, 'da chellam' is also used by (some :roll:) men while addressing their wives....

i've heard guys using it to thier younger sis also :roll:

crazy
18th June 2007, 12:16 AM
thangacchiya "chellam, da" pottu koopituvathil enna thavaru or aacharya padurathukku enna irukku? :roll:

selvakumar
19th June 2007, 08:06 PM
Braandan,

Machi,
Think about the other possibility. You wife expecting you to accept the usage of "DA" :rotfl: Namakku thaan problem. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

skanthan
23rd June 2007, 06:31 PM
Girls calling guys DA

Double standards

How about the double standards of men in Indian culture?!!! :banghead: :argh:

Jilaba
27th June 2007, 06:14 PM
ஒரு பெண் தன் நண்பனை 'டா' போட்டு அழைப்பது தவறில்லை. அது அவள், அவனுக்கு எந்த விதத்திலும் குறைந்தவளில்லை என்பதை உணர்த்தும் தன்னம்பிக்கையின் வெளிப்பாடு..

ஆனால், அதே சமயம், ஒரு ஆண், தன் தோழியை 'டி' போட்டு அழைப்பது மிகவும் தவறு, அது அவனது ஆணாதிக்க வெறித்தனத்தை உணர்த்துவதாக அமையும். அதற்கு பெண்கள் இடமளிக்கலாகாது.

bingleguy
28th June 2007, 08:48 PM
I love my friends calling me DA :-)

i too call them back the same way .... particularly if they are my very close friends :-)

evvalavu azhagaa irukkum theriyumaa :-)

i pray that my wife calls me da ... instead of some boring ... ennna or ennganga :thumbsup:

kb
28th June 2007, 10:56 PM
i pray that my wife calls me da ... instead of some boring ... ennna or ennganga :thumbsup:

unga prayer kandipa veena pogaathu.. :smile:

da nu sonna thappu illa.. dai-nu sonna :lol: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
29th June 2007, 12:34 AM
ஒரு பெண் தன் நண்பனை 'டா' போட்டு அழைப்பது தவறில்லை. அது அவள், அவனுக்கு எந்த விதத்திலும் குறைந்தவளில்லை என்பதை உணர்த்தும் தன்னம்பிக்கையின் வெளிப்பாடு..

ஆனால், அதே சமயம், ஒரு ஆண், தன் தோழியை 'டி' போட்டு அழைப்பது மிகவும் தவறு, அது அவனது ஆணாதிக்க வெறித்தனத்தை உணர்த்துவதாக அமையும். அதற்கு பெண்கள் இடமளிக்கலாகாது.

ithoda :roll:

kb
29th June 2007, 12:42 AM
anthunaala thaan ippaellam.. ponnungala koda pasanga DA potu koopidraanga :D

selvakumar
29th June 2007, 11:45 AM

No need to PRAY ! The moment your wife hears this, she will be happy instantly and will think about implementing the same ASAP ! :lol: With this, you are giving her "SOMETHING THAT WON'T AFFECT HER IN ANYWAY" ! So, DADEE ! ellam pottu koopitugonga !
&
VASANTH, Idhu neenga rendu perum pesikkum podu mattum thaan. Illa public aagavum allowed ah ! :roll:

selvakumar
29th June 2007, 11:46 AM

ithoda :roll:

In Jilaba's logic, A women calling men as DA won't come under "Pen Aathikka Veri" :twisted:

Roshan
29th June 2007, 02:41 PM

:banghead: :banghead:

dev
29th June 2007, 02:51 PM

mgb
29th June 2007, 02:54 PM

Roshan.. you can ask mazhaikuruvi to read this.. he/she might get an idea of various types of mokkais :rotfl:

Roshan
29th June 2007, 03:06 PM

Roshan.. you can ask mazhaikuruvi to read this.. he/she might get an idea of various types of mokkais :rotfl:

hahahahaha - Ganesh :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Raghu
29th June 2007, 03:43 PM
aaaha

inth topic innum thiranthu iruka?? :shock:

pohira pokila parthaal, ithu Tamil Film section-la ulla Super * in Shivaji thread-a beat panidum pola :lol2:

selvakumar
29th June 2007, 05:21 PM
omg "da" is such a frendly way to call a boy...as in close m8 o brother o woteva....or "da" could mean sumthign when sum1 is annoyed....

Ithellam OK !
But point is : Why girls don't allow boys to address them as DI ? :lol2:

tvsankar
29th June 2007, 07:04 PM

Roshan :notthatway:

Jilabavai :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

mr_karthik
30th June 2007, 03:56 PM

yenda, innaikku enna tiffin pannattumda?. naan kitchenla busya irukkenda. Adhanaala kuzhandhikku dress panni ittududa. Pogumbothu kuzandhayai schoolla vittuttu poda. Evening varubothu malligaipoo vaangittu vaada.

Wibha
30th June 2007, 11:25 PM

Ithellam OK !
But point is : Why girls don't allow boys to address them as DI ? :lol2:

di is a very disrespective word :notthatway: da is very down to earth so its' very nice to call da ;) plus ponna public-la di potu koopida koodadhu.wereas u can call a guy da :lol: :|

thilak4life
30th June 2007, 11:31 PM
I've called a few of my close friends 'di', slip of lip, :lol2: and not to 'address'. And I don't think, they took it badly. But, they use 'da's all the time, Sure! :)

ajithfederer
30th June 2007, 11:38 PM

yenda, innaikku enna tiffin pannattumda?. naan kitchenla busya irukkenda. Adhanaala kuzhandhikku dress panni ittududa. Pogumbothu kuzandhayai schoolla vittuttu poda. Evening varubothu malligaipoo vaangittu vaada.

Sanguine Sridhar
30th June 2007, 11:51 PM
oru ponnu oru payyana 'da''da' -nu rendu thadava sonna avvana dhadha-nu nenachupaanga :evil: ....adhey oru ponna payyan 'didi'-nu rendu thadava sonna andha ponna andha payyan sister-a paakuraanu artham...ippo theridha pasanga manasu poo-pola nu? :cry:

thilak4life
30th June 2007, 11:55 PM
oru ponnu oru payyana 'da''da' -nu rendu thadava sonna avvana dhadha-nu nenachupaanga :evil: ....adhey oru ponna payyan 'didi'-nu rendu thadava sonna andha ponna andha payyan sister-a paakuraanu artham...ippo theridha pasanga manasu poo-pola nu? :cry:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Wibha
30th June 2007, 11:57 PM

poi solla oru alavea illama pochu :x

Lambretta
1st July 2007, 11:49 AM
Evening varubothu malligaipoo vaangittu vaada.
Ibbidipattava mallipoo ellam potukarala? :P :lol2:

Kreedam
1st July 2007, 12:54 PM
Oru super figureu "DA" nu sona... Urchaagamdhaan More More

Oru Sothai Figureu "Da" nu sona ... sethu pilayada More more

saradha_prakash
1st July 2007, 04:25 PM

Idhu maadhiri pengalum, aangalidam 'super figure', 'sappai figure'nu paarkka aarambichaa enna aagum?.

Kreedam
1st July 2007, 04:27 PM

Idhu maadhiri pengalum, aangalidam 'super figure', 'sappai figure'nu paarkka aarambichaa enna aagum?.

Paarkatum :huh:

Onum aagadhu, its all nature female nature needs money and male nature needs beauty ! Idhai VIJAY TV "NEEYA NAANA" liye paarthom ellam girlsum car, flat, panam thaan, aambalainga looks, adakkam etc.!!

Ivalo naal ulagathula Sooriyanum maaravilai manidhargalum maaravilai!

bingleguy
1st July 2007, 04:37 PM

naan sonnadhu en pondattiya DA ;-) :P :lol:
assuming u a guy ;-) avvalavu kashtamaa ya ungalukku da nnu koopta .... :lol:

madhu
1st July 2007, 04:41 PM

naan sonnadhu en pondattiya DA ;-) :P :lol:
assuming u a guy ;-) avvalavu kashtamaa ya ungalukku da nnu koopta .... :lol:

:P

bingleguy
1st July 2007, 04:46 PM

No need to PRAY ! The moment your wife hears this, she will be happy instantly and will think about implementing the same ASAP ! :lol: With this, you are giving her "SOMETHING THAT WON'T AFFECT HER IN ANYWAY" ! So, DADEE ! ellam pottu koopitugonga !
&
VASANTH, Idhu neenga rendu perum pesikkum podu mattum thaan. Illa public aagavum allowed ah ! :roll:

DA or DEE comes basically out of affection. and u really cherish if it is somebody dear to u calling u out that way ......... ASAP or ALAP i dont mind ..... i feel there is no reason tat ur wife should call u with utmost respect (da mariyaadhai illai nnu makkal ninaikkira patchathil) and u taking her down for a toss with dee in every sentence ..... appadi DA pottu koopta enna koranju poidumo ;-) pasangalukku ...... :lol:

wat a question ...... idhu enna room or veetula mattum koopidurathukka???? :lol: oru oru idathulayum oru oru maadiri yaa koopiduvaanga ????? enna poruthavarai DA vai oru affection aa thaan paakaren .... NOT a RESPECT factor !

bingleguy
1st July 2007, 04:47 PM
en vaarthaigal CRITISISM ai thaanga mudiyaama .... naan bayangaramaa emotional aayi idhai sollivitten nnu irundha karuthaal ;-) indha post ai official aa delete panren ":P

madhu
1st July 2007, 04:55 PM
pudikkaadhavanga munnadiye appadi koopidaadha nnu wife kitta sollunga ;-)

vera orutharoda wife koopidurathai paathu kindal pannaaama ;-)

vasanth..

vEra orutharOda wife ungaLai "dA" pOttu koopittA kiNdal seyyavA thONum ? kObam varAdhA ? :evil:

( unless avanga vayasaanavangaLAgavO alladhu appadi koopida koodiya urimai uLLavangaLaagavO irundhAl thavira :cool: )

saradha_prakash
1st July 2007, 05:00 PM

BG...

Then why you announced your "PRAYER"(!!!!!!!) in the public?.

So, be ready to face criticisms.

bingleguy
1st July 2007, 05:07 PM

BG...

Then why you announced your "PRAYER"(!!!!!!!) in the public?.

So, be ready to face criticisms.

well, truly said .....

bingleguy
1st July 2007, 05:15 PM

vasanth..

vEra orutharOda wife ungaLai "dA" pOttu koopittA kiNdal seyyavA thONum ? kObam varAdhA ? :evil:

( unless avanga vayasaanavangaLAgavO alladhu appadi koopida koodiya urimai uLLavangaLaagavO irundhAl thavira :cool: )

:-)

skanthan
1st July 2007, 06:31 PM
Da, da, da, da! :lol:

saradha_prakash
1st July 2007, 07:05 PM

enna periya joke adichuttathaa ninaichu neengale sirichukkireenga?.

Lambretta
1st July 2007, 10:09 PM
DA or DEE comes basically out of affection. and u really cherish if it is somebody dear to u calling u out that way ......... ASAP or ALAP i dont mind ..... i feel there is no reason tat ur wife should call u with utmost respect (da mariyaadhai illai nnu makkal ninaikkira patchathil) and u taking her down for a toss with dee in every sentence ..... appadi DA pottu koopta enna koranju poidumo ;-) pasangalukku ...... :lol:
Good point kaka! :thumbsup: :D

Atlhough I would feel a tad uh, uncomfy w/ my wife calling me da :oops: ....I for one, OTOH would NEVER resort to calling her dee :x ....even my dad never addressed my mom tat way!
I agree w/ u on how it sounds degrading while expecting respect from the wife on top of tat! Its mainly such double-standard traits in the previous gen. men tat is the reason y today's girls/women feel like slinging c**p at our culture! :evil:

bingleguy
2nd July 2007, 07:35 AM
Ys Lamby ..... idhukku munnadi irundha generation eppadi venum naalum irukkattum.... namma generation eppadi irukkaanga appadingardhai paathu dhaan naama decide pannanum ....

This generation ... gals n guys feel pretty close to each other and they treat each other as friends..... also of the same age mostly .... Software industry la CEO vai ye peru solli dhaan koopiduvaanga ! nobody addresses SIR .... which was been done earlier ....... changes are coming up everywhere ...

evvalavo vishayangalil change aaga therinja namakku idhula mattum change aaga enna kashtam nnu enakku purila :roll:

pavalamani pragasam
2nd July 2007, 07:58 AM
Yes, kaalangaL maaRivittana! oru Padmini, Banumathi, AnjaliDevi oru MGR, Sivaji, Gemini-yai da-nnu vasanam kaRpanai paNni paarkka mudiyaathu! oru Asin, Trisha, Shreya appadiththaan kooppiduvaaLuka! Great trendsetters we have in our hand!

tvsankar
2nd July 2007, 08:13 AM
Padmnini kaalam mudhal Revathi kaalam varai - kids nos adhigam irundhadhu.Adhanal Brothers and sisters uravugalum irundhadhu.

Pona generation mudhal kids nos kuraindhu, indha brohters and sisters uravugalum kuraiya arambithu vittadhu.

Irandhu pengal mattumae irukum oru veetil, DA enra varthaikae idam illai.So ivanga boy friend and husbandai Da solla asai padalam.

ADhae pol, 2 boys mattumae irukum oru veetil, Di enra varthaik idam illai.So ivargal thangalin Girl friend ai or wife Di solla asai padalam.

Indha DA and DI culture ku idhuvum oru kaaranamga irukalam enru ninaikiren.

Anal , oru ques - Girls DA sollum podhu BOys accept seidhu kolvadhai pol, Girls um BOys Di sollum podhu accept seidhu kondal,
AAnN Aadhikkam vandhadhaga thonravillai.

pavalamani pragasam
2nd July 2007, 08:29 AM
There is a lot of weight given to words when considered in their proper social setting/context. peN kuzanthaikaLai periyavanga 'da' enRu kooppidum pOthu paasam veLippadum. vaay saNdaiyil 'da'-vum, 'di' yum nichchayamaaka mean disrespect. casual-aaga pesum pOthu 'da'-vum, 'di'-yum neutral enRuthaan ninaikkaNum - no respect or disrespect. But intimate relationships/moments make 'da' & 'di' precious, endearing terms. For those who cherish such relationships/moments casual use of 'da' & 'di' can be unacceptable, kochchaipaduththapaduvathaaka thONum. In other words antha viLichoRkaL for special people only. Blood relations also are included under the special category. Blood ties have an undoubtedly strong case for urimai!

Lambretta
2nd July 2007, 08:33 AM
Software industry la CEO vai ye peru solli dhaan koopiduvaanga ! nobody addresses SIR .... which was been done earlier .......
Hmm..tats interesting! :) Analum, boss eppuvume boss thaan! :P :lol:
Nope I dont mean 'Sivaji'! :P

Ok ok 'nuff of digression here ( :evil: @ self!)

bingleguy
2nd July 2007, 08:43 AM
Anal , oru ques - Girls DA sollum podhu BOys accept seidhu kolvadhai pol, Girls um BOys Di sollum podhu accept seidhu kondal,

Oru velai adhatuvadharkku mattume aangal ubayoga padutharaangalo ennamo ???

bingleguy
2nd July 2007, 08:47 AM
There is a lot of weight given to words when considered in their proper social setting/context. peN kuzanthaikaLai periyavanga 'da' enRu kooppidum pOthu paasam veLippadum. vaay saNdaiyil 'da'-vum, 'di' yum nichchayamaaka mean disrespect. casual-aaga pesum pOthu 'da'-vum, 'di'-yum neutral enRuthaan ninaikkaNum - no respect or disrespect. But intimate relationships/moments make 'da' & 'di' precious, endearing terms. For those who cherish such relationships/moments casual use of 'da' & 'di' can be unacceptable, kochchaipaduththapaduvathaaka thONum. In other words antha viLichoRkaL for special people only. Blood relations also are included under the special category. Blood ties have an undoubtedly strong case for urimai!

True ... very true ....
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lambretta
2nd July 2007, 09:32 AM
:exactly: Nammakellam semma ego ba.....! :x :oops:

bingleguy
2nd July 2007, 09:45 AM

:roll: well ... then this is something tat has to be pondered over !

Jilaba
2nd July 2007, 01:41 PM

உண்மைதான்.

எல்லாமே ஆணாதிக்க வெறித்தனத்தின் வெளிப்பாடு

Jilaba
2nd July 2007, 01:54 PM
Padmnini kaalam mudhal Revathi kaalam varai - kids nos adhigam irundhadhu.Adhanal Brothers and sisters uravugalum irundhadhu.

Pona generation mudhal kids nos kuraindhu, indha brohters and sisters uravugalum kuraiya arambithu vittadhu.

Irandhu pengal mattumae irukum oru veetil, DA enra varthaikae idam illai.So ivanga boy friend and husbandai Da solla asai padalam.

ADhae pol, 2 boys mattumae irukum oru veetil, Di enra varthaik idam illai.So ivargal thangalin Girl friend ai or wife Di solla asai padalam.

Indha DA and DI culture ku idhuvum oru kaaranamga irukalam enru ninaikiren.

என்னவோ பெரிய மனோதத்துவ டாக்டர் ரேஞ்சுக்கு பதில் சொல்றீங்க..

வீட்டில்தான் வெறும் ஆண் பிள்ளைகளாகவோ அல்லது வெறும் பெண் பிள்ளைகளாகவோ இருந்தார்கள்... சரி...

ஆனால் பக்கத்து வீடுகளிலும், தெருவில் விளையாடும்போதும், பள்ளியில் படிக்கும் போதும் கூடவா அப்படியே இருந்தார்கள்...??.

நீங்கள் சொல்வது நகைப்புக்கிடமாக இருக்கிறது.

இதுக்கெல்லாம் மூல காரணம் ஆண்களின் அடக்குமுறைதான். அவை அடக்கப்பட, ஒடுக்கப்பட வேண்டும் என்பதோடு, அப்படிப்பட்ட ஆண்களும் சமுதாயத்திலிருந்து தூக்கியெறியப்பட வேண்டும். (ஆனால் அப்படிச்செய்தால் ஒரு ஆணாவது மிச்சம் தேறுவார்களா என்பது கஷ்டமே). இனிமேலாவது இந்த உலகம் பெண்கள் உலகமாக மாற வேண்டும்.

Jilaba
2nd July 2007, 02:09 PM

காலம் காலமாக ஆண்கள் பெண்களை 'டி' போட்டுப் பேசித்தான், பெண்களை அடிமைப்படுத்தி தங்கள் காலடியில் போட்டு மிதித்து வைத்திருந்தார்கள்.

பெண்கள் இப்போதாவது 'டா' போட்டுப் பேச ஆரம்பித்து இருக்கிறார்களே என்று சந்தோஷப்படுங்கள். ஆண்களுக்காக இரக்கப்படாதீர்கள். அவர்கள் எருமைகளோடு பழகிப் பழகி அதுபோலவே ஆகி விட்டனர்.

புதுமைப்பெண்கள் போர்ப்பரணி கொட்டி புறப்படும் காலம் துவங்கி விட்டது. ஆண்கள், பெண்களிடம் மண்டியிட்டு கெஞ்சும் காலம் ஆரம்பித்து விட்டது.

pavalamani pragasam
2nd July 2007, 03:00 PM
Jilaba, you surprise me a lot! Your vehemence against the opposite sex is tremendous! What has made you so bitter against them? Don't you think it is totally unfair to cry down the whole lot for the sake some erring specimens? Have you never met any gem from that unfortunate half of the human species? I really pity you!

Nakeeran
2nd July 2007, 03:32 PM
Jilaba, you surprise me a lot! Your vehemence against the opposite sex is tremendous! What has made you so bitter against them? Don't you think it is totally unfair to cry down the whole lot for the sake some erring specimens? Have you never met any gem from that unfortunate half of the human species? I really pity you!

PP Madam

I think , a majority of the previous generation , up to my Dad have been using DEE at will , either out of fondness or arrogance that stems out of a male .
So, I am not surprised by Jilaba's outbursts here

cool 8-)

pavalamani pragasam
2nd July 2007, 03:38 PM
If that was an evil how will another evil right it? By calling men 'da' with vengeance, not love!!!!

tvsankar
2nd July 2007, 04:02 PM

காலம் காலமாக ஆண்கள் பெண்களை 'டி' போட்டுப் பேசித்தான், பெண்களை அடிமைப்படுத்தி தங்கள் காலடியில் போட்டு மிதித்து வைத்திருந்தார்கள்.

பெண்கள் இப்போதாவது 'டா' போட்டுப் பேச ஆரம்பித்து இருக்கிறார்களே என்று சந்தோஷப்படுங்கள். ஆண்களுக்காக இரக்கப்படாதீர்கள். அவர்கள் எருமைகளோடு பழகிப் பழகி அதுபோலவே ஆகி விட்டனர்.

புதுமைப்பெண்கள் போர்ப்பரணி கொட்டி புறப்படும் காலம் துவங்கி விட்டது. ஆண்கள், பெண்களிடம் மண்டியிட்டு கெஞ்சும் காலம் ஆரம்பித்து விட்டது.

Edho andha kaala aangal ippodhu irukara madhiri sonnal enna artham?

Di pottu pesum angal irukum andha kaalathil dhan ,mosanamana gunam ulla pengalum irundhu irukirargal....

SEri illadha aangal or pengal eppodhum irukirargal...

Anal adharku solution, Da solvadhu onrum illai.

Ingae pesuvadhu, pengal piriyamaga aangalai DA solvadhu patri than Jilaba.pazhi vanguvadhu pol solvadharku illai.

ஆண்கள், பெண்களிடம் மண்டியிட்டு கெஞ்சும் காலம் ஆரம்பித்து விட்டது - Appadi oru kaalam vandhal, UNMAIYILAYAE ULAGAM AZHIYUM KAALAM VANDHU VITTADHU ENRU ARTHAM.....

PENN Enbaval - Thaimai , karunai indha madhiri nalla ullathai kadavul Iyarikaiyilae koduthu irukar.

Unga personal bad experience ku ottu mothamaga oru mosamana mudivai edhir paarkadheergal...

Nakeeran
2nd July 2007, 04:04 PM
If that was an evil how will another evil right it? By calling men 'da' with vengeance, not love!!!!

Madam

I am not justifying it. Vouching for Jilaba's version on men calling women with Dee yesteryears !

No . No. No vengeance is to be followed. Mutual love is the best

Shakthiprabha.
2nd July 2007, 11:06 PM

Wibha
2nd July 2007, 11:19 PM

:roll: enna aachu :roll:

skanthan
3rd July 2007, 06:44 AM

enna periya joke adichuttathaa ninaichu neengale sirichukkireenga?.

When I saw everyone here talking about this word, "da", I remembered a song I heared 10 years ago in which that "Da, da, da, da, da" appears and I just broke down laughing! :lol:

Sowwy! :oops2:

pavalamani pragasam
3rd July 2007, 07:26 AM
MLV song?

Shakthiprabha.
3rd July 2007, 07:09 PM
I think he meant

da da da da da da da da da da da da
da da da da da da dadda daddaa

un kaN unnai Emaatrinaal

Lambretta