PDA

View Full Version : The best Indian Music Director duo of all time

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 09:00 AM
Topic started by IndianForLife (@ 204.50.249.133) on Wed Mar 14 15:17:52 EST 2001.

There have been many duos in Indian film music for a long time now. We have seen some of the best from Shanker-Jaikishan to Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Kalyanji-Anandji and Viswanathan-Rammamourthy. Which duo do you think is the best.

Give me your opinions and reasons

My favourites are SJ, LP and KA

Oldposts
I think it would be better
if the thread says best North Indian DUO
and Best South Indian DUO
Since KA,SJ,LP is household name throught india
whereas VR combo is famous only in south and not all over india.
So please change the name of the thread unless otherwise its another thread to simply come up with some controversial debate and topic!!
its waste of time!!

Oldposts
How about ARR-IR?Unconsciously, we cannot think or talk of one without thinking or talking about the other!So they must be the ultimate duo!

Oldposts
Trend,
good one :-))

Oldposts
Trend may be for you.

Oldposts
KK,
Actually my favourite combination is the unbeatable and unequalled trio IR-KR-YSR.If I had known the word for "four people in a team" I would have included Bhavatharini too.

Oldposts
On a ratio of movies to hits combination
Manoj-Gyan win it all!

Oldposts
Philip-Jerry get second place.

Oldposts
Sabesh-Murali

Oldposts
ah! udhaya evvaLavu naaLaachu ungaLa indha forum-la paarthu...

udhaya, how about HJ On a ratio of movies to hits combination??

Oldposts
. (@ 12.77.13.12),
chE...mundhitteenga !!!

thalaivar sabesh Oda fan A nAn avarOda mudhal pAttlEndhu (kunrathula koyilu katti kummALamA kummi adichu, konjum kiLi pOla vandha anjalE - wow!!! sooooppppper song) AyittEn!!!

no doubt sabesh-murali are the best followed by philip-jerry of banana boat fame !!!

Oldposts
Kupps,

"how about HJ On a ratio of movies to hits combination??"
The only test Ravi Shastri captained India won!

Oldposts
yes trend,

thats what im saying..so we should be calling Ravi Shastri as the most successful captain india ever had...

Oldposts
regarding sabesh-murali...

i think they are the one who introduce the LATEST to TFM.

i have seen the film ninaikkaadha naaL illai?? (i doubt the film name, its parthiban+rahman+devayani starrer, released few days ago). The MD is Deva, so as usual the background job is (man)handled by S-M. U know what was the theme meesik for the entire background.

just rendae thuLi (better than ujala sottu neelam)...a flip from the prelude-flute piece from nirpadhuvae of Bharathi and a flip from vaseegara from Minnalae..
isn't it giving the LATEST to the TFM???

Oldposts
ar rahman ruless.......
world standard music director!!!
no other music directors can achieve like him...

he's the king of music

Oldposts
ar rahman ngaravar "duo" vaa? appO ananth = endless, atleast 9 aavadhu irukkaNum. chEy! vENungarachchEy RangA kidaikka maattEngaraarE?

Oldposts
ananth,
AllahRakha and Rahman are the same person! ... ippadi maanatha vaangariye! :-)

Oldposts
these 2 would have been the best duo music directors but it was very short lived & only had 2 movies to their credit..Ir & MS Vishwanathan..:)
mohan, amala & radha movie mella thirantha kathavu & e prabhu- suganya movie..senthamizh paatu

During the 60's & 70's era..it definately has 2 be MSV & Ramamoorthy..
shankar ganesh comes 2nd because there were no duos then..

As for hindi, my vote goes to kalyanji/ anandji..
but imagine if only RD burman & sd burman had combined their abilities??

Rd burman's caravan's pyar tu by asha bhonsle...really mindblowing & SD burman's aaradana's mere sapnoke by kishore kumar..a real treat then...

Oldposts
Duo or Trio , no one can beat the omnipotent O.P.NAYYAR.

You shoud be a highly sensitive person to understand the music of OP Nayyar.

Oldposts
Evolution vii, Aradhana was actually composed by RDB though the credits claim its SDB. Apparently SDB was sick during that time and passed on the task to his son.

Oldposts
IR & MSV came together for Sirai Pookal and Senthamizh selvan too..

Oldposts
Guys,

How about ARR and HJ? After that duo broke, we no longer get such great songs?

Just kidding guys.

Oldposts
IR and MSV is the best....
even though they have done few movies.... ;-)

Oldposts
velji,
I am a MCSP. But still i cannot understand O.P.Nayyars music :-(

Oldposts
oops.. MCSP - Mathrubootham Certified Sensitive Person

Oldposts
LLD,
:-) .... Mathruboothathukkae Labaku Das-a? :-)

Oldposts
Something impossible but may be possible too -
RAJA AUR RAHMAN JOINING HANDS AND ENTERING BOLLYWOOD/HOLLIWOOD - RAJA'S GREAT TUNES OF 70'S AND 80'S COMBINED WITH RAHMANS GRAND SOUND EFFECTS/RHYTHM/BEATS...
Just Oru Chinna Aasai - as Trend Suggested
(Well Is ARR & IR who have worked togeather for 3 years, are in talking terms now?)

Oldposts
The best Hindi music Oldies I ever loved. It is now hard to find in the market.

Oldposts
OP Nayar kadai tea rombe nanna irukumme...

Oldposts
LAXMIKANT PYARELAL WERE ARE AND WILL Always be the best and top music composer indian cinema has ever got.

Oldposts
I think we have many great music Directors like Shanker-Jaikishan,Laxmikant Pyarelal,Madan Mohan,N,RD,O P N and SD,I think these are the best and they use mostly mohd Rafi's voice,today we hav't got someone can sing like Mohd Rafi,Lata and Asha,I know Lata and Asha still singing but not as before,When Mohd Rafi and Lata sing together I think any song can be famous when it sing by Mohd Rafi and Lata,I don't mean that mucic directors are not great but they was lucky because that time they Mohd Rafi and Lata,If u ask someone who is the best male playback singer?i think the answer will be Mohd Rafi or who copy Mohd Rafi best.

Oldposts
I think we have many great music Directors like Shanker-Jaikishan,Laxmikant Pyarelal,Madan Mohan,N,RD,O P N and SD,I think these are the best and they use mostly mohd Rafi's voice,today we hav't got someone can sing like Mohd Rafi,Lata and Asha,I know Lata and Asha still singing but not as before,When Mohd Rafi and Lata sing together I think any song can be famous when it sing by Mohd Rafi and Lata,I don't mean that mucic directors are not great but they was lucky because that time they Mohd Rafi and Lata,If u ask someone who is the best male playback singer?i think the answer will be Mohd Rafi or who copy Mohd Rafi best.
<a name="last"></a>