PDA

View Full Version : Question on adoption

Braandan
20th May 2007, 04:28 PM
As per Indian adoption laws, is there a way for an adult man to adopt an adult woman as a "sister" who is actually not a blood relative? Is it possible without involving the parents of both persons?. Involving parents would be a problem as the religion, mother-tongue and states are different. Also the man's father is not alive and he has only an aged mother.

shobana_in
20th May 2007, 06:14 PM
why must he adopt as "sister"

he can just treat as sister.

i think the mother of that guy should adopt the girl as a daughter

rachel
21st May 2007, 04:00 AM
why must he adopt as "sister"

he can just treat as sister.

i think the mother of that guy should adopt the girl as a daughter

:roll:

Braandan
21st May 2007, 05:11 AM
The adoption is to bring a legality to the relationship. So that others can't question "What right do you have on that girl?" or "what right do you have on that man?". The certificate can be used as proof.

rachel
21st May 2007, 06:32 AM
The adoption is to bring a legality to the relationship. So that others can't question "What right do you have on that girl?" or "what right do you have on that man?". The certificate can be used as proof.

:lol: :lol:

NOV
21st May 2007, 07:07 AM
with due respect to your age and experience Braandan, I have to say that a genuine "sister" relationship does not require any certification.

experience has taught me that most adopted "sister" relationship is just a cover for an illicit relationship.

pavalamani pragasam
21st May 2007, 07:38 AM
No legal hassle whatsoever for openly marrying the girl!!!

rachel
21st May 2007, 09:57 AM
with due respect to your age and experience Braandan, I have to say that a genuine "sister" relationship does not require any certification.

experience has taught me that most adopted "sister" relationship is just a cover for an illicit relationship.

Experience :shock:

Badri
21st May 2007, 11:15 AM
As per Indian adoption laws, is there a way for an adult man to adopt an adult woman as a "sister" who is actually not a blood relative? Is it possible without involving the parents of both persons?. Involving parents would be a problem as the religion, mother-tongue and states are different. Also the man's father is not alive and he has only an aged mother.

Can adoption be done in isolation? In this case, if the man adopts the woman as a sister, does it not make the girl a daughter to the mother? And how can that happen unless the mother adopts the girl as her daughter?

Usually adoption flow from parent down. Have you ever heard of a child adopting parents? This is somewhat like that!!! :roll:

Besides, what is legal about a brother - sister relationship? There are no legal requirements for a brother to be met towards the sister and vice-versa. Therefore the question of adopting for legal needs doesnt arise.

Unless you are trying to sponsor a PR for someone!

Braandan
21st May 2007, 02:17 PM

Oh my god! is it so? I never thought it would be taken that way..
And to the other hubbers responding:

It is not me. I am just asking a hypothetical question.

Shekhar
30th May 2007, 10:07 AM
Adoption legally means adopting a son or a daughter. You cannot legally 'adopt' a brother or a sister.
Legality of relationships predominantly addresses the issues of property rights. When property issues are not involved, it is the feelings which bind relationships. Legality has no place.

Roshan
30th May 2007, 11:13 AM
Shekharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redjump: :bluejump:

Where have you beeeeeeeen all these days ???

Great to see you anyway :D Will pm you shortly :)

selvakumar
30th May 2007, 02:44 PM
Shekhar,
I donno much about you. But missed ur posts :lol: :lol: Please post here often friend for obvious reason s :lol: :lol:

great
30th May 2007, 10:02 PM
Shekhar,
I donno much about you. But missed ur posts :lol: :lol: Please post here often friend for obvious reason s :lol: :lol:

Puriyalayae konjam sabeena pottu vElakki sollunga :mrgreen:

Shekhar
31st May 2007, 10:32 AM
Shekharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redjump: :bluejump:

Where have you beeeeeeeen all these days ???

Great to see you anyway :D Will pm you shortly :)

Thanks Roshan. I am also feeling great to be back in the pack!!! :) :)

Shekhar
31st May 2007, 10:45 AM
Shekhar,

Hi,

Talking about missing, I spent half an hour in the Hubber's lounge - 'Missing hubbers' thread. My ego had nice kick on its butts when I couldn't find my mention any where and realised no body missed me!!! :? :? It was good for the soul though.
There is a world of difference between what we think what and how much people think about us, and what and how much people actually think about us. I am glad to be on my foot on earth, though I came down with a thud!! :D :D

pavalamani pragasam
31st May 2007, 11:29 AM
Come on, Shekhar! We don't always think aloud! 'missing hubbers' thread is no guide to who the hubbers miss! How instantly your old friends were rejuvenated as soon as you made your appearance with characteristic humour, in style? Does that not speak for the fact of our missing you? Wipe your tears! :D

Shakthiprabha.
31st May 2007, 12:04 PM
Shekhar,

Hi,

Talking about missing, I spent half an hour in the Hubber's lounge - 'Missing hubbers' thread. My ego had nice kick on its butts when I couldn't find my mention any where and realised no body missed me!!! :? :? It was good for the soul though.
There is a world of difference between what we think what and how much people think about us, and what and how much people actually think about us. I am glad to be on my foot on earth, though I came down with a thud!! :D :D

We thought, U DONT FREQUENT lounge section, MANY would have posted it here in misc section, had the thread been here :)

Braandan
31st May 2007, 05:53 PM
looks like I have to adopt you all children in the hub!

NOV
31st May 2007, 06:58 PM
Sekharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :hugs:
:D

shobana_in
31st May 2007, 08:11 PM

ungaloda sothu madhippa kuthu madhippa sollungalen

Shakthiprabha.
31st May 2007, 08:12 PM
Thimiru,

:shock: :notthatway: :lol:

shobana_in
31st May 2007, 08:19 PM
Thimiru,

avaru children-a pathi soldraru...vayasanavangellam edhukku thalayidanum?

shobana_in
31st May 2007, 08:27 PM
sp...neenga dancer-a

Shakthiprabha.
31st May 2007, 08:57 PM
Thimiru,

:evil: :hammer:

thimiru,

nopes ! I wanted to be a dancer (though abs no rhythm ever in my body at all ) I love watching graceful dance.

Priyankak
31st May 2007, 09:15 PM
:rotfl:
:goodidea:

Priyankak
31st May 2007, 09:17 PM
Thimiru,
:evil: :hammer:
thimiru,
nopes ! I wanted to be a dancer (though abs no rhythm ever in my body at all ) I love watching graceful dance.

sp'ka dance kathukalaiya??? :?
dun u lyk to watch FREAK/BRaKE dance? :P

Shakthiprabha.
31st May 2007, 09:36 PM
dance kathukalai, even given a chance, I dont think I was made for dance, romba kashtapatiruppen.

Brake dance dont impress me as much as indian dance, BUT ANY dance with grace (western or indian) is good to watch and I enjoy watcihng.

shobana_in
1st June 2007, 11:47 AM
dance kathukalai, even given a chance, I dont think I was made for dance, romba kashtapatiruppen.

Brake dance dont impress me as much as indian dance, BUT ANY dance with grace (western or indian) is good to watch and I enjoy watcihng.

some guys are not great dancers...but its good watching them dance with grace

eg:vijay

people like prabhu deva are of different category

Shakthiprabha.
1st June 2007, 12:18 PM
true :)

Shekhar
2nd June 2007, 10:22 AM
Sekharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :hugs:
:D

Hi NOV. Thaaaaaaaaanx!!! :)