PDA

View Full Version : Blasts in Hyderabad's Mecca Mosque

Lambretta
22nd May 2007, 11:32 PM
Most of you may be aware that on last Fri, May 18, 2007, there were people killed and some seriously injured in a bomb blast apparently triggered through a remote device, which occurred inside the compound of Mecca Mosque, Charminar, Hyderabad. There were riots and unrest around the Charminar area, and 3 more people died in police shooting the same day!

So far there is no evidence or motive behind the blasts. Based on three unexploded bombs recovered in the blast area, the preliminary analysis suggests the bombs were not local made. Police after prelim anlaysis found that the technology used to execute this blast is similar to the earlier one that occured on oct/2005.

Death toll due to the bomb blast has reached 12 and police suspect shahid (who'd masterminded similar blast on task force in oct/2005) as the main culprit behind the blast.

Is it the act of ISI or Al-Queda? Or Is it an act of local thugs to create communal unrest? I hope normalcy is restored quickly and the situation does not fall into the hands of perpetuators who obviously are hoping for this kind of reaction.
Your thoughts?

c4ramesh
23rd May 2007, 12:10 AM
Can't Say whether a direct link can be found to ISI or Al-Qaeda, but organizations related them may have caused this attack.

Badri
23rd May 2007, 08:24 AM
Shyam: I have removed the poll from this post. I dont think a poll is really appropriate, given the context and the incident.

We cannot turn such a grave thing as this into a guessing game.

Hope you understand.

Lambretta
23rd May 2007, 08:29 AM
Understood, Badri....I wasnt sure myself, was in 2 minds when I created the poll....

c4ramesh
23rd May 2007, 06:54 PM
Its all happening as per their plan... the plan of Jihadi organizations for India has been to liberate [well read occupy] Jammu & Kashmir, then Hyderabad and then Junagadh in Gujarat and then other Muslim dominated regions.

Now they have started to shift their attention more on Hyderabad. In fact Hyderabad has been an Headquarters for these organizations to oversee their activities in the south. :evil:

Immediate action must be taken, before things get out of control....

Lambretta
23rd May 2007, 08:24 PM
Now they have started to shift their attention more on Hyderabad. In fact Hyderabad has been an Headquarters for these organizations to oversee their activities in the south. :evil:
True! :(
The last time such a blast happened was around 2004 near a temple at Secunderabad (a sort of mini-city within Hyd.)

c4ramesh
23rd May 2007, 08:59 PM
The death toll could have been more thankfully the all bombs didn't explode. One reason why they didn't may be because, as soon as the first bomb exploded, there would have been high mobile traffic caused by the calls made by the relatives and the occupants of the mosque. This would have jammed the Bombs..

Chappani
23rd May 2007, 10:18 PM
Hi Friends,

This is a herenious crime where some innocent people were the targets..

But some how I just cant understand our Indian mind set. Whenever there is any bomb blast be it any religious place then the finger points at local muslims backed by ISI/ Alqueda/ Jashkar/ Jaish etc... this is the case with the law enforcement agencies/ the general public.. is this an obsecive compulsive behaviour???

In the back drop of the recent fake encounters in kashmir and elsewhere, I think our investigations and law enforcement are really not fair, its just to wash off hands as soon as possible.

Why cant this be done by some local vested interests other than the ones I mentioned above, just to gain some political/ influence milage?? think over...

Srini

Lambretta
23rd May 2007, 10:52 PM
The death toll could have been more thankfully the all bombs didn't explode. One reason why they didn't may be because, as soon as the first bomb exploded, there would have been high mobile traffic caused by the calls made by the relatives and the occupants of the mosque. This would have jammed the Bombs..
Actually my mech. (who'd been in that area at the time that day) tells me tat the death toll mounted bcos of the police firing that day! As soon as the news spread, there was pandemonium in the Charminar area & the police ended up shooting down sum of the ppl. who were running around to keep the situation 'under control'! :evil: :x

Lambretta
23rd May 2007, 11:01 PM
Why cant this is done by some local vested interests other than the ones I quoted above, just to gain some political/ influence milage?? think over...
Also possible.....but the reason y ppl. has got the idea of ISI et al ingrained into their minds is mainly bcos of the fact tat Hyd., as ramesh said, has become the current hiding ground for their modus operandi.....yes, could be some crafty political motive behind this too.....

c4ramesh
24th May 2007, 12:10 AM
Hi Friends,

This is a herenious crime where some innocent people were the targets..

But some how I just cant understand our Indian mind set. Whenever there is any bomb blast be it any religious place then the finger points at local muslims backed by ISI/ Alqueda/ Jashkar/ Jaish etc... this is the case with the law enforcement agencies/ the general public.. is this an obsecive compulsive behaviour???

In the back drop of the recent fake encounters in kashmir and elsewhere, I think our investigations and law enforcement are really not fair, its just to wash off hands as soon as possible.

Why cant this be done by some local vested interests other than the ones I mentioned above, just to gain some political/ influence milage?? think over...

Srini

It is not that fingers have been pointed directly at ISI & Co. the next second after the blasts. There are reasons to believe so:

1. The use of IED's activated by moblie phones, this was first used by first used by Palestinian terrorists at the Hebrew University in Israel in July, 2002. Since then, knowledge of its use has spread to jihadi terrorists in other countries. So this has been a trait of Jihadi attacks.

2. Conversion of a mobile telephone for using it to trigger off an IED requires some special training. Local gang can't have such sophisticated IED's with require training, Even assuming that it was a local group, who gave them the training? Possibly will be again point back to ISI linked terrorists who want to promote unrest through local gangs.

There is very little possibility a local gang could have done this. The modus of operandi points to Jihadi terrorists.