PDA

View Full Version : Singer KK charts a musical course

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 09:00 AM
Topic started by pot (@ 210.210.38.122) on Tue Jan 27 02:48:22 EST 2004.

Scaling the starry heights: KK charts a musical course

It’s been a long journey for playback singer Krishan Kumar Menon a.k.a. KK, from Delhi’s Green Park Delhi to Mumbai’s Versova. From playing in bands at Mounts St Mary’s School and Kirori Mal College to recording his first jingle for Hero Honda, KK admits life’s been tough.

“I never knew I’d be a singer. In fact, I changed several jobs (hotel, sales and marketing) before my wife Jyothy shifted to Mumbai and I decided to join her. The day our first son Nakul was born I got a call to record my first song,” says KK.

After singing jingles in 11 languages for three years, KK, 35, got his break in Gulzar’s Maachis where he sang Chhod aaye hum. He’s working on his second album now. “My first album Pal did well despite the fact that it came at the time when Bhangra was ruling. My new album should be out by July,” he says.

He considers Tadap tadap (Hum Dil Chuke Sanam) as the turning point of his career, though his favourite song is Tu aashiqui hai (Jhankaar Beats). “Tadap tadap gave me a foothold. But I refused many similar songs after that to avoid getting typecast,” he smiles. Numbers as varied as Awarapan (Jism), Man mera (Agnivarsha) and It’s the time to disco (Kal Ho Naa Ho) gave him “a chance to experiment”. Forthcoming films featuring his voice include Rudraksh, Idiot and Main Hoon Na.

KK believes his family is as important as his career. “I’ve seen people forget their priority in life, and by the end of it they have neither a career nor a family. Balance in life is the buzzword for me, even if it means letting go some lucrative projects,” he concludes.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/news/articles/25012004-2.html

Oldposts
Is He The One Who Sang "Uyirin Uyire" From "Kaakha kaakha" ?

Bala

Oldposts
KK has a good voice!!!

Oldposts
Yep, thats him. He is also the 1 with Kalyanamthaan kattikittu oadi polama along with Yugendran, and Sun TV's Annamalai's Title Song "Uyirgal pirappadhu paasathu kaaga" with Chitra.

Oldposts
Also strawberry kanne was the first tamil song...

after that Oru punnagai poove (12B) Mutham mutham (12B),Edho edho edho ondru..(Lesa Lesa)..

Oldposts
i want him to sing more for ARR
cos his voice suits his music

Oldposts
Hi,

I thought "edho ondru edho ondru" was sung by HarishRagavendra....not by KK.

Bala

Oldposts
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/MIO-Artists/Singers/Pages/KayKay.html

Oldposts
hiiiiiii kk i think u wnt remember me i met wen u came to agra for ur promotion for toyota m amit
it was nice spendin time wit u ......all the best n i want ur nw album quickly

Oldposts
KK has sung for ARR Starwberry Kanne

Oldposts
KK's other famous song is
"Eachangaattule muyal onnu..".. from VIP.
KK hasnt sung in Leysa.. Leysa..."Edho onru edho onru" is by Harish Raghavendra only.
His other songs....
Mutham Mutham Album: 12B
Ruba Notil Selai Katti Album: Anbe Anbe
Kundu Kundu Album: Dhool
Polladha Padava Album: Dum
Pengal Nenjai Album: Jay Jay
Uyirin Uyirae Album: Kaakha Kaakha
Pennae Kadhal Valli Album: Pammal K Sambantham
Olikuchi Udambukari Album: Red
Kalyanamthaan Album: Samy
Kadhal Oru Album: Shahjahan
I Love You Album: Uyirodu Uyiraga
Poovukkellam Album: Uyirodu Uyiraga

Oldposts
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Kay%5FKay.html (http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/artist/Kay%5FKay.html
)

KK Songs

Oldposts
Kams: Just a point....The Ullahi lahi lahi & the 2 lines along with it in Leysa Leysa is not by Harish Raghavendra but by KK.... Just listen to the voice...The rest of the song is by Harish no doubt....Though cassette does not give credit to this singer ... There are many songs like this....Nenjinile (JiyaJale) of Dil Se had the Malayalam lines ssung by none other than MG Sreekumar but there is no credit given to him in any of the cassette covers...

The Hindi version of Ooh lalala (Sapnay) does not give any credit to the voice of Malaysia Vasudevan though his voice is used...

The song Too Mile Dil Khile ... from Criminal (Nagarjuna) uses the humming of Chitra but gives credit only to the lines ung by Alka Yagnik in the mian song... No mention of Chitra in the casstte covers...There are many more like this...

Oldposts
is he a malayalee ?

Oldposts
No, Just an indian.

Oldposts
kk is gerat, he is my idiol. i wnat to be like him.

i am his fan forever.

Oldposts
Music is Magic & KK is a Magician

Oldposts
I AM NOT KK'S FAN. I AM HIS A.C.!!!

Oldposts
I AM NOT KK'S FAN. I AM HIS A.C.!!!

Oldposts
CAN YOU TELL ME KK'S BIRTH DATE?

Oldposts
i have a crush on u'r voice KK.I'm simply mad 'bout u'r song 'tadap tadap' and 'cheliya cheliya'.

Oldposts
Saagar,

If u really have a Original CD or cassette of DilSe/Uyire, you will see MG Sreekumar's name mentioned clearly as Additional Malyalam Chorals: MG Sreekumar & 2 other names that I dont remember.. You can check it out...

Oldposts
K.K u r voice is like a Rocket it hits in everybodies hearts .
u r my dream idol.
<a name="last"></a>