PDA

View Full Version : Chinnakuyil Chithra Celebrating 25 Years

aruvi
17th June 2007, 04:45 AM
Playback singer Chithra finished 25 years as playback singer. Her first song released in 1982 under the music of malayalam MD, MG Radhakrishnan. She entered Tamil industry 2 years later, under Ilayaraja's music direction in "Poove Poochudava". Her first big hit was "Chinnakuyil Paadum Paattu", hence, the nickname "Chinna Kuyil". As part of commemorating her for the achievement, Malayala Manorama is carrying special coverage. For anyone here who can read Malayalam:

The link for the coverage page:
http://www.manoramaonline.com/advt/specials/chithra/index.htm

Everyone can also greet Chithra through Manorama Online and wish her for the completion of 25 years.
The link is here:
http://www.manoramaonline.com/advt/specials/chithra/wish/index.htm

Also, those fans residing in Kerala can call and wish, using the mobile number provided in the coverage page.

aruvi
17th June 2007, 12:24 PM
Ahaaa...how long has it been since I started a thread in this forum:-)

Well, before someone comes complaining for Tamil content, here is a favourite clip of mine. The inimitable SPB trying to get Chithra to talk on stage. And Anjali Anjali song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yINGcX3Ek1s

genesis
18th June 2007, 01:37 AM
A detailed look at Chitra's career...wonderful article.

Aruvi - You will be surprised to know "Chinna Kuyil Paadum Pattu" is not Chitra's first song. Please read.

http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4500

aruvi
20th June 2007, 12:03 PM
Genesis,
There is very little that I don't know about Chithra's career:-)

True enough, her first Tamil song was for the film "Neethana Antha Kuyil", but the first film to release was Poove Poochudava. And moreover, her first song to become a bit hit was Chinnakuyil Paadum Paattu.

Digress:
Muthalla puriyala...ippa puriyuthu:-) Aala vudunga!

madhu
21st June 2007, 04:53 AM
Hi aruvi..

idhai thavira.. innoru padathula .. I think "urimai", chitra oru aRimuga pAdagi appadinnu title-s pOduvAnga..

she sang "anbE anbE.. neeyE endhan aadhAram" enRu oru song.. :P

aruvi
21st June 2007, 11:11 AM
Hi Madhu,
I don't recall hearing, I will try to find it.

madhu
24th June 2007, 06:22 PM
Hi Madhu,
I don't recall hearing, I will try to find it.

Thats not a popular number.. I think its picturised on Nalini.

madhu
26th June 2007, 08:35 AM
aruvi..

K TV is telecasting URIMAI today at 7 am..

chitra singer-A introduce aana padam-nu pOdarAnga ..

( the song is really a very melodious and nice one :clap: )

aruvi
27th June 2007, 07:33 AM
Is it that the films all released at the same time? It has been confirmed through most interviews and articles that, in Tamil, she recdrded "Poojaik Etha poovithu" first from Neethana Antha Kuyil, but that Fazil's Poove Poochudava released first.

I will definitely make an effort to hear.

app_engine
29th June 2007, 09:15 AM
I saw in thendRal magazine an ad that KJY, SPB and chinnakkuyil are doing a stage program in CA in July...koduththu vaiththa california'kkArarkaL...the ad also says $25 already sold out...it seems these three are performing together for the first time in U.S...

aruvi
30th June 2007, 08:38 AM
Tomorrow, there is a show with the 3 plus Chinmayi, Mukesh, Suchithra, Pa.Vijay at Air Canada Centre, Toronto.

aruvi
3rd July 2007, 08:05 AM
Concert was very good. A number of evergreen melodious songs were sung. Lots of crowd. SPB is still phenomenal...no words to express. When he sang "Ballelakka" from Sivaji, it was the ultimate. Everyone clapped hearing him sing those fast lines. He sang Shankarabaranam in Telugu, as a request from the audience.

Yesudas was very relaxed and sang with full contentment. Started with a nice little speech in Tamil, about feeling very happy to sing for the first time in Canada with his Thambi. He actually made the audience stop clapping for "poove sempoove un vaasam varum" song, saying that they must listen to the beautiful flute piece. He also sang "Kadalinakkare" and "Pramadhavanam" for the Malayalee audience, as there were a few.

Chithra sang a nice mix of songs. She started with Kuzhaloodhum Kannanukku and went on to sing duets with both kings of south playback. First time, I heard the song "Kanna Varuvaya" being sung on stage, and that too, by the original singers. Wonderfully executed, all songs. It was cute to see Chithra prompting KJY a few times in the songs.

Chinmayi too was in her element. Started off with a sweet speech, and gave a great rendition of Kannathil Muthamittal. She sang "Enaatha sOlvenungo" with full enthusiasm:-)

Mukesh is a very good singer. Had already seen his singing from another program. So versatile...could sing Appadi pOdu and Manmadhaleelai with the same involvement.

Suchithra is not as heard of as some other female singers. But is another talented young singer. Her songs were well executed as well.

Must thank Shyam's Music Group for giving such good music. They are based in Chennai, and executed a near perfect result. The sound engineer did a poor job with the female voices at times, but otherwise, on the music side, excellent show. About 90% were evergreen hits.

Pa.Vijay's emceeing was good too. Gave some nice information:

1)Ovvoru Pookalume song being translated into Chinese
2)One famous male playback singer kept singing "periyamaa ponnu kathal panna pidikkum" instead of "priyamaana penna kathal seiyya pidikkum"
3)Read out a poem on Niagara Falls.
4)SPB's favourite song by KJY is Pramadhavanam vendum

On the flip side, the organisers need upset the audience badly by messing up a concert that was going nicely by promoting themselves and their sponsors(Pa.Vijay took a dig that he felt like SunTV sponsor announcer!), showing their unprofessionalism throughout the show everytime they came on stage or held mikes. It's too bad that the people who can bring such shows having to be the ones who always ruin the shows from being fully satisfiable.

In the end though, seeing SPB/KJY and Chithra in real life was the most important thing, and totally enjoyed myself and an unforgettable 4 hours of wonderful songs.

raagadevan
3rd July 2007, 09:37 AM
Thank you, aruvi. Here's Chinmayi's blog about the Toronto show:

http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/

aruvi
4th July 2007, 10:44 PM
A review of the Bay Area Concert with SPB, KJY, Chithra and Suchithra.

http://surveysan.blogspot.com/2007/07/4.html

Seems like a few songs were changed.